US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

mss16
8/12/16

Love ASOS! It is my go-to for events, cheap expedited shipping that never lets me down.
Good quality of clothing!! I alway recommend to my friends and even strangers because the clothing on the site is so diverse

nickr68
8/8/16

So I ordered 2 pairs of shoes and one of these was damaged. Fair enough, it's a warehouse business, these things happen, but what I do expect is for the company to take this seriously and resolve the problem. I had one simple question, as I still wanted the shoes; can these be exchanged? Sadly the moronic teenagers employed in their social media team don't want to resolve problems and seem more interested in challenging your date of birth, like they know better, because this was mistakenly wrong on their account (the day had stayed on the 1st, all other details correct). Once eventually informed by the employee who had the single communal brain cell that day that they didn't have any more in stock so could only refund, I noted that the shoes were shown in stock on their website leaving only 2 conclusions; 1) I had been lied to (pretty dumb lie as it cost you a sale) or 2) they are selling the damaged shoes that I'm returning!!!

What a shambles of a company. I certainly won't be using again.

eileenw9
8/5/16

I am beyond disappointed with ASOS products. I ordered 257.16 worth of swimwear, and waited excitedly for delivery. Despite the "Free Shipping" that is mentioned everywhere on your website, I was hit with a 90.00 charge at the door for shipping, a completely unexpected charge for me. In fact, had I know about this huge extra charge I would never had purchased the swimwear. You can then imagine my further disappointment when all items were too small. Despite having used your sizing charts,; the bust size is too small. Now I am going to have to ship the items to you, and pay for that shipping. How much money is it going to cost me to NOT to have any new swimwear? And when we took the time to write you and ask, we were basically told, tough luck.

kristag5
7/25/16

Worst customer service. When my order didn't come in, they told me to wait and to check with my neighbors and check with my post office and there was no tracking number. I'm still fighting to get my refund for an item that never was sent. Worst company DO NOT BUY FROM THESE THEIFS!!

annab234
7/25/16

I have ordered my first parcel from ASOS in June with the next day delivery (Friday) to my house in Swindon as I had an important day to come.

In the evening of the promised arrival day I have received a message that the item is going to be delayed and will arrive next day (Saturday). On Saturday morning at 6 am the tracking order notified me that my package arrived to Swindon. Later, I have received a message saying that the item will be delivered from 16 until 17 pm. However, that afternoon I had to travel to the different town (with my items!) so I wouldn't be able to wait for the delivery. Therefore, I went online and chose "self pick-up" option, hoping that I would be able to pick it up myself on my way. The online service gave me an option of two nearest places but didn't notify me about the time for the possible collection until I pressed the button. After I did it, the website informed me that the earliest time for pick up will be Monday afternoon!

So I have tried to ring your hotline number, waiting for someone to talk to me for 20 minutes!! When I finally came through, the girl on the phone said that she can't cancel my "pick up" option and asked if I really don't have anything to wear from my wardrobe. (Seriously????)

On Monday afternoon I had to ask my boss to have an hour break so I could drive and collect the parcel. The website of the pick-up point said that place will be shut for a break from 13:15 until 14:15 However, when I arrived at 13:03 it was already shut!!! To my luck, the gentleman who worked there was kind enough to open the shop and serve me.

I can't describe my frustration when I found that both of the items in the package looked completely different to the picture! Oh well, I didn't need them anymore anyway as I ordered them for Saturday! So I decided to return the parcel.... After the refund was received I though that the nightmare was over... Until I received a phone bill of £35 pounds!! I had never seen or heard a notification of paid calls when I rang you! Also, I have to say that my whole order was only £30 and I have spent around £10 for petrol trying to chase after the parcel which was supposed to be delivered to my doorstep!

The whole experience was a joke. Not sure if I want to use your service again.

dominiqueb13
7/25/16

I would shop with ASOS all the time and the past experience has left a nasty impression. I made a large purchases with them and on of the items totalling $49 came and it was a completely different item so i returned it hoping to get the correct item in exchange and it went out of stock. After they told me they would refund the money after going back and forth with them and emailing different people on their staff having to explain the situation over and over agian, I was informed that im owed no refund because of the discount code i used required me to spend a certain limit. They gave me a discount code of %10 off my next order when I went to redeem it was expired. Now 2 months later im still trying to get th to see that i shop with them often and just want a discount or a credit of &50 to go toward my next purchase which will be about $200 anyway and is the same amount of the original order. It's frustrating not being able to speak with someone on the phone and get this resolved in the matter of minutes.

maddalenar
7/21/16

I honestly have no idea why there are so many negative reviews... I have now ordered a total of three times, and never was I disappointed. Items arrived on time, actually last time I got them a day earlier, and they are exactly what I ordered and expected. Sizing is fine, they run true to size: all in all I ordered three pair of shoes, two jackets, a pair of trousers, a body suit and a dress - everything looks and feels, material-wise, as pictured. Nothing was damaged or missing. Quality is comparable to H&M. Will order from them again.

phuongh4
7/21/16

I paid for the premium account but could not return order for free. Try to contact customer service but it took 1 per reply and everytime a different person told me to do a different thing. Common was nothing actually worked

raechelp
7/20/16

I ordered a dress that looked nothing like the images online and was horrible quality. I returned it and never received my refund. A month later I contacted customer service with my proof of postage and was bounced back and forth and NEVER RECEIVED MY REFUND OF $175. I would not recommend buying from this website to anyone, horrible quality of clothing, even worse customer service, and I've lost almost $200.
-Raechel

islaw
7/16/16

Incorrect and damaged items sent.
Customer services are non existent via their website.
Customer relations team on Facebook are patronising and obstructive - seriously, you have had my money for 6 weeks with no sign of a refund and no amount of emojis will make that better! Appalling. I will never use them again. If you have no choice but to use ASOS FOR THE LOVE OF GOODNESS PLEASE USE PAYPAL TO PAY - you may have some recourse to refund through them.

yuliag2
7/8/16

I ordered the size 2 and received a 6. The dress looks nothing like the picture online. It looks WORN, frayed all around, falling apart... It is garbage.

ar7385
7/8/16

I ordered a dress from ASOS on 6/29 and I got an email that day stating the merchandise shipped and it was guaranteed 4 day delivery. When you click the tracking info on the email, it only tells you that the mdse left the warehouse and "will be with you soon" no tracking # or anything else. When the merchandise did not arrive by 7/5, I sent an email inquiring about the status and NO RESPONSE. There is also no phone # to reach them. I then placed an inquiry online stating my package hadn't been delivered and it showed it should've been delivered by 7/6 and if it didnt, to please submit a complaint and they would respond RIGHT AWAY. Again, No response. Submitted another inquiry on 7/7, no response. So now it has been 3 emails IGNORED. What kind of business is this? I'm disputing the charge and never shopping with this website again. What kind of site doesn't have a phone # and ignores your emails?

kristens24
7/7/16

I am a little surprised to see there are negative reviews as I have had no issues with ASOS. I have had quite a few orders in the last few months, taking advantage of their amazing sales. My packages arrive within two weeks, which is fine as i live in very remote part of Australia. The clothing quality is great and the sizing seems to be exact and since I am a plus size I find the range much better than I can buy in shops in this part of Australia. I recommend ASOS to all my friends and believe there is something for everyone, I even got my wedding dress from them.

melahz
7/7/16

dont event order from ASOS! the delivery is a joke!

I was supposed to get my shipment in june 28, I emailed them and the reply was there was a problem with shipping the items.... why would you take our money for nothing then! they said they will only be able to refund once they have the shipment back in the warehouse! how this is my problem!!!! what if the items were lost does this mean i will never have my money Back!!!!!!!

Stay away from ASOS!!!

judyo9
7/5/16

Despite being skeptical about using a UK online store for an item to be sent to Canada, I ordered a sun dress for my teenage daughter on June 21. To my relief, it quickly arrived on July 4 and was exactly what she wanted. I thought some of its clothing was a bit pricey, but I would use ASOS again.

ahmeds52
7/1/16

I order my items month ago and the mission it will arrive in 28 days .now I am month.no track numbern nothing about my items . after the third complain massage . The answer my . Wait one month's more, and try ask your neighbor if he get by mistake

cb137
6/26/16

they usually respond to my simple emails but when i actually had a problem they totally ignored me i emailed them at least three times and never once heard from them!! I got a dress and sent it to be dry cleaned and it totally shrunk even though we followed the exact care instructions!! im still waiting to hear if they can do anything about it but they keep ignoring me and of course there isnt any way to call them which is again pathetic!

ijaya
6/24/16

Asos's delivery is a joke, they lost 7 of my deliveries - back to back. Please stay away from their site. I know free delivery sounds attractive, it attracted me too, but trust me its a sham.
when i complained customer care kept sending me generic emails with the same content, inefficiency doesn't begin to describe them. They couldn't care less if they try tried.
They do not deserve a minuscule of a star.

asosist
6/23/16

The good thing about Asos is that they have everything you could want. So you Can shop for all occasions on asos. The bad thing is everything else. The shipping always takes 2+ weeks and I live in the states. They send you wrong items all the time. And the customer service is terrible. They don't care about their customers. If you get sent a wrong size from another company, they just tell you to keep it and they'll send the right one. Asos? Nope. They're so greedy they want it back. Now I have to waste my time for their mistakes

katieb60
6/20/16

Please everyone do yourself a favor and never order from this shoddy company ever again, I know I won't. I placed an order on June 2nd. It was sent to the wrong address. All I've asked is for ASOS to step in and re-direct my package to the correct address. I've asked nicely via email. I was told to schedule a re-delivery. The package has not moved. I would imagine, it would take one phone call from the SHIPPER (ASOS) to rectify this situation and I can go about my business and not waste anyone's time with this petty issue again. Yet it's turned into a much bigger issue for me, that never needed to happen in the first place had ASOS a better customer service team & system.

I've never felt more disrespected or ignored from a large, "respectable" company in my life. I can imagine shipping issues happen somewhat frequently with an e-commerce site. It's three weeks later and I've been asked in VERY disrespectful emails that I will absolutely make public, to "be patient." That they are "working" on it. They've had absolutely no problem working on taking my money. Yet each time I ask for an update, it takes 2-3 days in between emails. Or Tweets. Or Facebook replies.

Asking to speak to a manager falls on deaf ears as does asking for a refund. No response. I'm six months pregnant, my husband is deployed and I have a full-time job. Everyone has busy lives with things going on probably much more so than I, but ASOS doesn't seem to care where my money comes from as long as it's lining their pockets. I purchased maternity clothes from this site because it seemed like I would be getting a fair price and decent quality clothing that I could wear throughout the rest of my pregnancy as I'm growing out of all the clothes I already own. If they can do this to me with absolutely no regard for my money, where it comes from or whether or not I receive what I've paid for, then they will certainly do it to you, unless of course, everything works out perfectly on your end. Asos, the time for being patient is over. Either give me my money back, find my package, or let me talk to an actual human being supervisor. Facebook Ollie, Twitter team, Email Sharon & Termititope - I've talked to a different person every single time, or just no one at all and I'm tired of this. I just wanted them to figure it out and I'd go away. Now, I'm making my voice heard.

garnetm
6/16/16

Beginning 2016 they started gg downhill. I've received stained clothes, used shoes (obviously worn out), broken necklaces and clothes with tears/torn. When you tell them about this, they will pretend to sound sorry on Facebook, in private message they will patronizingly chirp: "I'm so sorry you didn't like our dress" and asked me to foot my own shipping fees to return their STAINED and torn beyond repair goods.

sherineg1
6/12/16

My sister ordered my dress for my nephew's graduation on a Wednesday and I got it by the time it said I would. Beautiful fit.

natalief19
6/9/16

I bought a hat 3 weeks ago and never received it. I paid extra for 3 day shipping. I've been tracking the package, but it's apparently been stuck in customs. I've sent asos 3 emails, and no reply. They do not have a customer service phone number you can call. I lost $50 and there's nothing I can do about it. Very frustrating.

keesham
6/8/16

I love the variety that Asos provides as far as styles for plus size, maternity, petite, color and patterns. I have confidence that I am going to receive my package timely for the following weekend if purchased early in the week. Also the quality of the fabric is good. My concern is more of the sizes in "club wear" and "sundress wear". You are playing roulette when you order because the clothes are either too big or too small if you order true to size. So I think for club wear and clingy dresses, order a two to three sizes up. For just a casual sun dress order one size up. This is US based sizes. Thr return of the items are free but it takes up to 10 days to process your return and then credit you back then takes additional days. Feels like...the clothes are cute but too much hassle. If I knew it would fit, I would order more often.

kellim13
6/7/16

Ordered a swimsuit top on 5/27/16. Was told it would arrive on or before June 3rd. It is now June 7th and it STILL hasn't arrived. I have contacted the company multiple times and still haven't heard back or solved the problem. I feel robbed. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

36 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ASOS staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4 days ago
Answer
mss16
A: Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.
3 days ago