Review of ASOS

Tel: +44 20 7483 1888
marketing@asos.com

madeliner8
11/20/17

I was buying a suit for my boyfriend for race day and I need it for the 10 November, before making my purchase I contacted ASOS to confirm that it would come in time for the event before paying for it, they told me it would be there before or on the 9 November. So I made the purchase, its was a day later and I never received a email to confirm that it been shipped so I contact them again ASOS told me it would arrive on time. It was the 9 November and it never came I contacted ASOS at 4pm and asked them where was my parcel they told me it would be delivered that day between 4 and 10pm at night and of course it never came. It was the 10 November and still no suit my boyfriend had nothing to wear for Raceday and had completely ruined the whole event. When I contacted ASOS AGAIN they told me it wasnt coming till the 16 November??? A whole week later but told me the day before that it would arrive on time, I asked for refund they refused until I got the parcel but I decided if the suit fit that I would still keep it. Well I never even got the parcel the only that turned up was the tie i was missing the suit jacket, vest and pants and when I contact ASOS about the missing items on the 18 November they sent me other tie after clearly stating that I ONLY RECEIVED A TIE and was still missing the other items. They sent me another email saying they were sending a replacement straight away and I would receive the suit soon. But then got I email from PayPal saying they refund the suit jacket, pants and vest, but not the tie i was confused. Anyway the next day they emailed me to tell me they were out of stock so they were giving me a refund that I asked for weeks ago. I went through all this stress for nothing hands down the worst experience ever, I thought I was doing the right contacting ASOS to make sure I would get my order they promised be not once but 4 times but clearly I was wrong they just lied and told me what I wanted to hear so they didnt have to deal with it. I will never buy anything from this company again and if you are expecting to receive the items you paid for then you will not purchase from this company too.

katherinew41
11/18/17

Having ordered from Asos a few times before I believed them to be reliable so ordered a jacket from them. Unusually there was no tracking detail provided just a delivery date of 15th Nov. I didn't worry about it too much as delivery previously has been great.
15th November arrived....no jacket. Contacted customer services who have informed me that the item is coming by normal mail and I need to wait to 3rd Dec. Am fuming as this now means I have to spend time and money trying g to find an alternative and to make it worse, won't even be in the country when delivery is now due to arrive. Never again will I shop with Asos

bp65
11/14/17

I wished I had read the reviews before I placed my order. My package never came, I contacted them when they missed the first delivery date and they repeatedly told me that it was fine and to just wait. Over a week later, after I contacted the post office and found out it was in fact missing, ASOS customer service admitted that they had received the package back to their facility and I would not be able to ever receive it. On top of that, I had to wait another 10 days for it to be transferred to God knows where and then another day after that to receive a refund. STAY AWAY.

rubyg23
11/11/17

I order a lot of things together, as it showed free delivery, but after a day i placed the order I get an email asking me to pay the customs which was almost 40% of what I paid. I still wanted the clothes so I paid, they promised that I will receive the order on EDD that was mentioned. But I did not receive the order. Every time i contacted them, like robots they kept telling me that you will receive your product by EOD. And then finally today when i contacted them, they say that I have to wait for 4 more days. Had ordered for my birthday, now i have to figure out something else, as my plans of wearing the dress i ordered is gone. Worst part is DTDC only called me to submit the KYC more than a week ago, since then neither their phone number works, nor there has been any response from their end. And if I contact ASOS they are just useless... Not going to buy again. NEVER EVER

leeh112
11/9/17

Ordered over $250 worth of merchandise. Had a coupon for $70 off. Received my order a few days later. I returned two items which were valued on my return slip at $90. Returned. Waited several weeks. I was refunded $18. Apparently, if you use a coupon, that coupon is applied back to your refund, and you receive the difference. The $75 jeans I ordered felt a little off and not quite the quality and fit I wanted. Had I known they would now only have been worth $9, I guess I would have kept them. When I questioned customer service, they said there was nothing they could do that that the terms and conditions in the banner of their website were clear, and that they offer no merchandise credit, etc. Will not order here again.

hannahd33
11/4/17

HORRIBLE!!!! NEVER order from them. their customer service is the worst and they will never send stuff or forget to send it and u have to contact them on your own or they will take your money. worst clothing store ever. would give them 0 stars if i could

nikkik21
11/3/17

I paid $15 extra for expedite shipping on Nov 3rd, 2017 for $376 valued products
1. I got charged for $116 for custom/tax = 30% tax/custom

2. Their photos are misleading!
In photos, they showed the skirt and top as a set, but only the skirt came... Don't show both products when it is not included. now I got charged with custom so much, I don't want to order just tops

3. Returning
Returning is a hassle - again, I just got charged with custom/tax so much.. When I asked the customer service on chat, she wasnt helpful. Just went over the instructions..
No information about the returning the product

I AM SO NOT HAPPY!

biancak1
11/2/17

I shop from Asos for 7 years now and never had any problem with them. The clothes are of very good quality, the shipping is excellent, the customer service is adequate and I love the free return policy. I hope they keep performing this way.

angryc52
10/30/17

Worst experience ever - I placed my order and got deducted 200 EUR from my account on October 5th, and it took 3 days to process my order and delivery did not even happen due to incompetent delivery service man who declared my address unknown because he had no frigging EYES to check my house number which is clearly written on my door!!! Customer "Service" is a robot repeating themselves 4 times and not reading my messages. I was promised to have my money back max 5-10 days after my return which was confirmed on Oct 19, it is Oct 30 and I have NO PRODUCT AND NO MONEY.

lunav1
10/23/17

I have been ordering at asos for years now, i never had a problem with asos. The last month 3 of my orders went wrong. I received it late, i received my order never or i got the wrong item. When i contaced asos they didnt do enough to fix the problem, they acted like they did everything they could but they didnt by saying that thats al they could do when it was not. I said that i would leave a bad review and they didnt even care.

maximed9
10/18/17

I ordered Fila disruptor low white shoes three times and one of those orders was placed by custom care (custom care is an whole other story I could write about as well, my god) and also that order was the wrong size. I just do not understand one bit of how the .... this could happen. It's just absurd that asos has people working for them who can not even send the right size. I will never ever buy anything from asos ever again. I have never experienced anything like this before in my life.

milenah2
10/14/17

never had any problems. Ordered at least 10 times there and I was always super comfortable with the clothing! Received within 10 days and stuff looks as good as in person. Looking forward to ordering a lot more there.
FULLY CONVINCED !

angryc51
10/11/17

I ordered a pair of shoes from them and received the wrong size. They took a long time to respond to my email that they had sent the wrong size, and then they sent the wrong one again! The staff was unhelpful throughout. Sending back my second pair of shoes... I'd avoid this company if you can.

reneea28
10/10/17

I RETURNED MY ITEM WITHIN 2 DAYS OF RECEIVING IT AND NOW .. ONE MONTH LATER THEY SAY THEY DIDN'T RECEIVE IT. VERY MISLEADING RETURN LABELS, THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU PEACE OF MIND. I FEEL LIKE THEY JUST RIP YOU OFF/OUT OF YOUR RETURN BY TAKING THEIR ITEMS BACK AND EASILY SAYING 'SORRY, DIDNT GET YOURS!'. I CHAT WITH THEM ON THE INTERNET AND APPARENTLY THERE IS NO MANAGER, NO HELP, NOT RESOLUTION TO ANYTHING!

karolanb
10/9/17

I was really suprised by the number of bad reviews ASOS has because it is one of my fave, if not my fave, online store. There is a huge variety of products, varying from clothes to accessories to hair and beauty product. I ordered there many many times and always received my orders without any errors. How long it takes for my orders to arrive really varies, sometimes it can take a week, sometimes it can take more. Their express shipping is great, received my order extremely fast (keep in mind the fact that I live in Canada, therefore someone from a different country could have had a completely different experience). The clothes are almost always what I expect them to be (let's be honest, no matter the online store, sometimes the product you buy do not fit or look how you thought they would), sometimes not fitting how I want them to, but not the fault of the product just a personal preference. ASOS is the only online clothing store that I always go back to because I never had any problem with them. They have yet to disappoint me, therefore I trust this website with my whole life! (Bit dramatic, isn't it?) but honestly, I recommend 100%.

tamarf1
10/9/17

I buy from many international websites that ship to Israel. ASOS has the worst experience for international shipping to IL I have ever encountered!!!
If I don't use express shipping, I need to pick my package up from an old, dusty convenience store in a shady street in my city (why?????).
If I order packages that exceed my local customs limit ASOS used the worst company to handle customs. The company is called GCX, they are incredibly slow! I ordered a package a week ago, paid for express shipping and was just notified the package will not arrive for another week. That's 2 weeks for "express shipping".
In addition, on top of the customs fees (which I am more than prepared to pay), GCX charges a handling fee of 12.5 GBP!!!! No other company does that!!!!
I paid a total of 22.5 GBP just to get the package over to me with extremely delayed shipping.
BAD BAD experience by all means.
PS - contacted ASOS about this many times but they won't take any responsibility.

Tip for consumers: Avoid international shipping with ASOS

nargiza2
Nargiz A.
9/30/17

I several times ordered different items from asos. I was satisfied with some of my items, sometimes dissatisfied. For me, the main problem is with your shoes. Try to fix it.Until now I bought 4 shoes and 3 of them are not my size. Despite all of them are size 4. Anyway you have very stylish and in good quality clothing.

jennc21
9/29/17

I ordered from their website the first time and it will be my last time ever. My order was for an upcoming event but now I have to figure something out, very soon. When they shipped my items, they only have my address as "Conshohocken, PA" USA. That is it. Nobody from their warehouse realized the error and I wasn't informed. When they shipped to USA, nobody can find my location and the tracking system is so slow. When ups finally gave me the update about my packege not been able to deliver, it was too late for me to give them my address because they already sent it back. When I contact the ASOS customer service, they said is because nobody answer for the delivery so they can't deliver. Of course they can't. You didn't even give a complete address to the delivery company. I am disappointed with their careless service and handling.

madisonb44
9/28/17

I bought a dress for homecoming from asos, I didn't mind spending the $60 as it is for a school dance and I can dress it down for everyday use. However, upon receiving the dress I see it is NOT worth the high price because of the extreme low quality. My dress came in two pieces, a plain cotton underlay (probably could get at forever 21 for $4) and the lace overlay, except it's not really lace it's super thin cheap fabric that has the same design as the lace. It looks completely awful and it's too late to find another dress; extremely extremely dissatisfied

kasl2
9/27/17

Out of the three orders I've placed with ASOS, I received only one. I paid for their two day shipping and customs and didn't receive the parcels I ordered. After over an hour with ASOS customer service both times, blamed it on customs. Buyer beware, only buy from ASOS if you don't mind the chance you may not get any clothes ordered. The two missed ordered combined I'm at a loss of over $100 CAD. Will never order from ASOS again, just brutal. Also asked to speak with a manager and Matteos advised they don't let anyone speak with the manager.

hannahj38
9/21/17

Their selection is always on point and delivery is reliable. Half of my wardrobe is from ASOS and everything is really unique and well made. It's cool that they have a wide variety of merch for different price points. You can get designer stuff or a nice dress for a fancy occasion and cool clothes for half the price that you'd get somewhere like Urban or American Apparel.

klausl4
9/21/17

I ordered some Items and paid extra. Well the items did not show. As a matter of fact I contacted Asos support who promised the items next day. 6 hours later my whole order were cancelled and I received nothing, I were like "Heyyyy what is happening??". I contacted Asos again. Sadly I just got rude and inappropriate answers. The support from Asos is simply not existing. To cut it short . I cant recommend anyone to buy from asos.com. It is a waste of money and their support does not exist

larainew1
9/20/17

I can't believe how rubbish Asos is these days, something has changed with them recently as I have shipped with them for a long time and always do the year delivery pass but I will not be doing that anymore.

They have made a mess of numerous orders I have placed this year, one order I placed for a Nars concealer they sent me an empty box!!!

They don't know what they are doing and when you email to get sorted they couldn't care less, my days of shopping with Asos are over which is a shame but they are not a good company anymore.

jasj8
9/19/17

I'd say I've returned around half of the things Ive ordered and loved the other half. Sometimes due to fitting or quality, but returns, especially in HK are so easy. Just reseal the bag it came in and drop it off at 711 no questions asked... both this site and Zalora

tanyas57
9/14/17

Absolutely love love ASOS! Been an avid customer past 3 years. Take it from someone who constantly shops at their website. 1st and foremost shipping takes minimal time. For Plus size gals the options are unlimited and really trendy clothes. Return is breezy and I get refund every time. The only complaint, they are not a physical store else I would have camped there.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.

By Ms S.

Doubt it, I don't think they sell any knock off's. Depending on the print you got, some of them don't have stripes. Hope that helps.

By Daria d.

Look, as I wrote here I shopped with them many times and I was never disappointed. I don't know where you buy from, but I live in Italy and it doesn't take more than 4-5 working days for them to deliver the package. If you're concerned about the quality, well, it's not really top-notch, but considering the price it's really good (you can't expect Max Mara quality from a shirt you paid 20 euros). As for the fit be careful because those are UK sizes and they are definitely NOT vanity sizing! Meaning: when you read "model pictured wears UK 8" you may think "they're lying, she's clearly a 6" but they're actually not in most cases. I have a body similar to that of most of their models, I ordered size 6 twice and it was a tiny bit small. So size accordingly. All in all I trust them and I like their product. Perfect low-cost site to shop from online.

By Maddalena R.

It depends on where you live I guess? I live in Iowa and most of the times it says it ships from New Jersey. The longest time it ever took to ship to me was 7 days but I've received it in 4 before

By marissa h.

I've honestly never had any problems with this company. Like, I order, it ships quickly, I get my goods, if I don't like it, I ship it back with their free returns and I get my money back. The only dirty thing they do is price gauging. Like, go on the UK site and jot down an items price and then switch to the US site (My country, as an example) and do the math on the GBP to USD exchange rate and then compare the two site prices and BOOM: the US site is always more expensive than the UK site. I always buy things from the UK site now

By Lizzie L.

No import taxes and yes the shoes were cute and well made.

By D R.

By Lizzie L.
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

12 Photos for ASOS