Review of ASOS

Tel: +44 20 7483 1888
marketing@asos.com

michaels656
7/21/17

I just ordered 5 clothings from asos. 4 of them are asos brand and one of them is Adidas. The total was 132 cad. I read through the reviews and I came across a lot of negative reviews. I'm not sure if it's true. I got 2 questions though, do I have to pay duty fees and taxes? And is the quality good? Someone please help me.

reggiev
7/21/17

I have never had a bad experience with them. I shop with them on a bi-monthly basis and have always received my items in the 2-day window and when I did have an issue with one of my items I was able to message them and get refunded ASAP.

rikor
7/16/17

I have bought multiple items from asos, even before the free shipping to Canada (totally love that), have always liked the products, on point fashion, decent quality very occasionally have I not liked how something looked. Never returned anything or dealt with their customer service. The one silly thing is they send items for free shipping without tracking which is annoying but I have mostly received the items within the expected delivery time

ginam78
7/16/17

Quality of clothing is no longer great nor are the pictures the same or the sizing. I've had problems numerous times with something arriving looking almost used or broken. This last time was the final straw. I ordered quite a bit of items, to find that 1 peice was missing. The charge was there but instead they sent me someone else's order. When I messaged on Facebook they were rude in saying I wasn't who I said I was. I had to change my Facebook name to my account status on asos exactly. When I finally do it per their request they say they will call. They don't call until 2 days later because I had to resend a message. Then they tell me that they will send be top and so forth and to send the items onde I receive what I ordered. Then I get an email saying the item is no longer instock and they need me to send the incorrect items that don't have even a label on it to get my money back. $#*! service and $#*! clothing. Last item I order.

alinak8
7/12/17

I looked at the Tommy Hilfiger sweatshirt in pink for a while and when it was on sale I rushed to order it.

The package arrived with the wrong item looking like a T-shirt that had value of max 10 euro, while I paid 68 Euro.

It took them ages to tell me that they haven't got my item and that I can return their T-Shirt to get my refund. They said it may take up to 21 + 3 days to get my money back!
No item that I ordered, no compensation, no replacement and up to 1 month waiting for my money back!!!!

After my complaint they gave me 20% discount on any full price item, at the time where 20% is off as a sale on most items.

Feeling a special treatment hah!

robertp283
7/11/17

That started a four hour process of web chats, messenger conversations and calls in an attempt to get hold someone at asos.

In the end they passed me to their escalations team where I spoke to Charles. He was quite happy to repeatedly interrupt me and come across as generally unhelpful.

jk172
7/11/17

They stupidly sent an international shipment for an online purchase without tracking (illegal in my country according to our post office) and had no idea where my order was. Gave me the run around and complete garbage customer service for weeks, then told me after a certain date they would do something about it. Wouldn't you know it, that date comes and goes and still no reply to emails or Facebook messages. Getting a refund from them is like pulling teeth, and they are now sold out of the items I ordered so no replacement either. It's awful trying to deal with them and I'm incredibly frustrated. I like some of their items and if this had been pleasantly handled, probably would have shopped frequently, but it's too much. Never again. I almost feel like they were banking on losing my order or just never sent it and want to keep the money. Can't believe they couldn't even provide any shipping info at all. Stay away from their free shipping, it's a scam.

haikg1
7/7/17

I specially registered here for writting this. This shop is nightmare. 4 months and still no information from shop. Just this stupit words 4+ monts. "Just a quick update...
Your order has left our warehouse and will be with you soon." How shop shipping their items without tracking and even they can not know where they are. WIll never buy here.

anniel58
7/5/17

I ordered 4 products online at a reasonable cost, and the the process was uncomplicated. However, the post office didn't bother to deliver my package to the destination. I contacted AusPost and Asos and they were very supportive. Then I had to go there and pick it up, one week after the estimated delivery date.
When I received the package everything was fine. The products looked great like in the picture, and fit me perfectly.

mariap162
7/5/17

If I could give no stars I would. Ordered a dress for my daughters prom, delivery was great arrived next day like I had payed for, opened the parcel all excited to see what it was going to look like for my daughter only to find it was completely the wrong dress, wrong colour, size and nothing like I had ordered. Emailed, messengered and tried to call to resolve the matter quickly. Had no response for ages. Finally got an email back apologising and saying that they would send me the correct dress out and refund the postage costs (great I thought it will be sorted) this was on the Friday. Monday came and I had not been updated in the correct dress being sent out so I emailed again (at this time the dress was still in stock) by Tuesday no response so I emailed again. I then checked online to make sure the dress was still in shock and surprise surprise they had completely sold out. I finally got an email back after again emailing my concerns. They told me that that morning they had gone to pack the dress and realised it was out of stock even though they had told me they had sorted the correct dress on the Friday to be delivered to me. Now I have no dress and no money to order a new one as they are telling me it can take 10 days before they can confirm the returned dress is back and 5 more days for the money to be refunded, that's 15 days, my daughters prom is in 10 days and I do not have more funds for a second dress, iv told them this but they do not care. I have sent proof of postage and that should be enough for them to issue my refund. I have been emailing back and fourth and never have the same person reply and they all say different things, they are in competent and unprofessional and I have never experienced such an awful customer service. Asos was once a great company but has seriously gone down hill. I will never use them again. I don't usualy post reviews but I felt I needed to warn others. I'm now stuck and have no idea what to do. All they keep saying is order a second dress, I tried to explain to them that not everyone has an endless pot of money. I had to save for my daughters prom dress and she was so excited,now she is heartbroken and I feel helpless.

hollyh48
6/30/17

Have ordered 20+ maternity items. Had to return or replace some due to fit. Followed directions for returns to the letter. They did not do all refunds. I'm still missing a few hundred dollars. Customer service is lacking to say it politely. I get a different person responding to my inquiries (all via email) IF they even get back to you. I have submitted bank statements, their own email confirmations of receipt of returned items, as well as postal receipt. Their reply? "sorry could you please send us further information.." Outright thieving in my estimation.

ka21188
6/28/17

Terrible customer service, I never got items because they didn't arrive on time , they sent to ups store instead of delivering to me. Why don't they take their items back since it's at ups store. I00% scam company with shabby customer service. Spoke to 4 different people on chat. Which btw, is only way you can speak to someone. No phone number here in usa! PLS! Stay away.

ericz16
6/27/17

They did not credit me my return
Tried Contacting them several times and they did not get back to me even one time .
Will not Shop there again

elizaz1
6/26/17

After shopping at ASOS, I am not sure I can still dare to shop online. I bought a bunch of items from their websites, but some don't fit well. So shopped them back. I mailed back four items, they only refunded me three items. In total, they refunded me over 60$ less than I originally paid. I contacted them many times. They did not reply to my emails at all. This place, a thousands of NO, DO NOT SHOP THERE!

trixies1
6/26/17

I ordered an 8.5 from the women's section of the website and there was no indication that they would be men's sizing. The model was a woman, the section of the site is women's and the size chart is women's, no where in the description does it mention sizing in mens. I opened my package and I had received men's shoes. I spoke to people in the chat centre and all they want to do is argue that all adidas shoes in the world are in Men's sizing. This is not true. I own 5+ pairs of NMD;s in women's sizing. I also bought two other pairs of adidas from them on a seperate order and both came in women's sizing.... Will NEVER order from asos again if this doesn't get properly fixed. The other reviews are right. They Are arguemebtitive they rudely close the chat when your still speaking and they speak down to you or act like it's your fault.

eliltas
6/25/17

oh my goodness I was shocked to find so many negative reviews about asos. Ive been ordering for 5 years and they are amazing. I get two day free shipping to USA and they have quality items and free returns. How are all these people writing negative reviews? it has to be a competition issue, fake negative reviews. Do me a favor and order one small item and try them for your self. Shameful

cherc3
6/22/17

I ordered a bridesmaid dress about 2-3 weeks ago. Finally received the package and was shocked to find a PINK dress when I ordered NUDE, I thought it was just because the colors online look different from the real thing, but when I opened the packaging, I realized that ASOS sent me the WRONG dress. I tried to get in touch with customer service but they were not in a hurry to help me with a replacement - I asked for express shipping for the replacement, but got turned down saying that may be taxed (charged extra). Now I'm in a time crunch and I just want some information about a refund, but I contacted customers service twice and it's been a day or two and i haven't resolved my problem. If they sent me the wrong item, I do not expect to pay for shipping to return a wrong item, is that too much to ask?! How is it my fault that ASOS sent me the wrong item? My friends have told me good things about ASOS but I'm just saying, my first time experience so far has been terrible. I don't think I will be ordering from them again and if my friends ask, I will definitely warn them about bad service.

chichim2
6/16/17

NEVER shop from asos. Made an order 3months ago going to 4 they keep pushing dates keep telling me to wait. And still nothing .I have requested for my refund like a, million times and these people don't want to give me my money back. As a, matter of fact they are, acting like they are not seeing my refund message .NEVER NEVVVVERR SHOP FROM THERE OR U WILL JUST LOSE YOUR MONEY. there are plenty other more online shops far better more reliable and they deliver if anything happens they give refunds instantly

amberb67
6/15/17

Ordered from this site and delivery stated by a certain date which was the 4 day shipping option. Today is said delivery date and the tracking information has changed to another week out. The chat took so long to load because I was in queue that I have up. I do not recommend this company. Just wish they allowed all these horrible reviews on their website.

oliverx2
6/15/17

This is not exaggerated. It's the worst customer service ever. They are arrogant and like to close the online chat rudely. They don't treat you as customers. It's their company culture
I placed an order on their website but received the wrong item, which I didn't fuss about. But I forgot the email address that I used to place that order so I asked them for help. The very first staff called Mathew simply said he was unable to help and close the chat rudely. And then the next one asked me to provide the billing address and the order detail, which I did. She asked me the phone number and then told me they would get back to me within 24hours.
After one week, no one call me, So I contacted them again. Just like last time, asked me to provide me the phone number, told me her manager will call me within 48 hours and rudely close the chat before I finished.
Two days later, still no one called me, I contacted them again. Still the same, wait for another 48 hours and close the chat rudely again.
It goes on and on like this.
They just don't treat you as their customers. That's why the customer service team can fool you again and again and close the online chat as they want without asking you if you have any further questions like THEY are the customers. It's just their company culture. Do NOT shop on asos.com anymore!

lev732
6/14/17

THE WORST THE MOST HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU WILL EVER GET. There is no way that you can get in touch with them no matter how much you try. I did everything I can but it's impossible. They would keep asking you to send more details but they have no intention of solving your problems. Everytime when they reply, it's someone else and they give no $#*! about you because THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO RETURN THE ITEMS

helenap5
6/12/17

I recently decided to order a few dresses from Asos as they have a large selection of maternity items. It was my first time ordering from the site and it will definitely be my last. My delivery date was delayed 24 hours, which happens. The next day, I got home from work only to see that my package had still not arrived. After contacting customer service (which is very inefficient, as the only means of communication is through chat) I was told the delivery was yet again extended to an entire week. No email notifications, nothing. I had to follow up on everything myself. Their tracking system is also very vague as it does not show the city or state in which your package is currently
in. Never again will I make the mistake of ordering from Asos.

ksl1
6/11/17

Ordered 2 dresses but only got refund for one. No answers on my emails regarding this. Now I see that many people have similar complaints. Apparently Asos has a lot of problems but it seems that instead of solving it they just make it our problem.

alisonm54
6/10/17

I ordered two pairs of sandals from this company.
I've traveled to China many times and visited the markets where they sell knock off goods for cheap (bargain prices). The sandals that I purchased from ASOS certainly came straight from China.
They were awful; poor quality, wrong size (I ordered a US 7, for one pair, they sent me a 38, which is a US 8), and looked nothing like the photos. They were the Pull&Bear platform sandals.
The two pairs of sandals were in no way worth the $46 and $68 I paid for them.
I tried on one of each and immediately put them back in their original bags, even left the protection tape on them, and sent them back.
ASOS is refusing to refund one pair ($68) due to "hygiene" issues "determined by the warehouse" and I've been told there is "nothing else that can be done." I also haven't received the shoes back from when I shipped to try to return them.
This company is a fraud; don't waste your time or your money buying from them. Awful.

budua
6/10/17

its been already more than 1 month since I placed this order and there have been no updates. customet service has not been much helpful, they keep delaying

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.

By Ms S. on 8/20/16
Helpful answer

Doubt it, I don't think they sell any knock off's. Depending on the print you got, some of them don't have stripes. Hope that helps.

By Daria d. on 9/17/15
Helpful answer

Look, as I wrote here I shopped with them many times and I was never disappointed. I don't know where you buy from, but I live in Italy and it doesn't take more than 4-5 working days for them to deliver the package. If you're concerned about the quality, well, it's not really top-notch, but considering the price it's really good (you can't expect Max Mara quality from a shirt you paid 20 euros). As for the fit be careful because those are UK sizes and they are definitely NOT vanity sizing! Meaning: when you read "model pictured wears UK 8" you may think "they're lying, she's clearly a 6" but they're actually not in most cases. I have a body similar to that of most of their models, I ordered size 6 twice and it was a tiny bit small. So size accordingly. All in all I trust them and I like their product. Perfect low-cost site to shop from online.

By Maddalena R. on 9/10/16
Helpful answer

It depends on where you live I guess? I live in Iowa and most of the times it says it ships from New Jersey. The longest time it ever took to ship to me was 7 days but I've received it in 4 before

By marissa h. on 8/18/15
Helpful answer

I've honestly never had any problems with this company. Like, I order, it ships quickly, I get my goods, if I don't like it, I ship it back with their free returns and I get my money back. The only dirty thing they do is price gauging. Like, go on the UK site and jot down an items price and then switch to the US site (My country, as an example) and do the math on the GBP to USD exchange rate and then compare the two site prices and BOOM: the US site is always more expensive than the UK site. I always buy things from the UK site now

By Lizzie L. on 4/6/17

0843 459 7278

By Assad Y. on 6/3/16

How about boots?

By Ieva E. on 4/30/17

Ditto with P S.'s answer

By Audrey Y. on 8/30/15
Helpful answer

No import taxes and yes the shoes were cute and well made.

By D R. on 10/29/12

By Lizzie L. on 2/12/17
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

12 Photos for ASOS