Review of ASOS

Tel: +44 20 7483 1888
marketing@asos.com

hannahj38
9/21/17

Their selection is always on point and delivery is reliable. Half of my wardrobe is from ASOS and everything is really unique and well made. It's cool that they have a wide variety of merch for different price points. You can get designer stuff or a nice dress for a fancy occasion and cool clothes for half the price that you'd get somewhere like Urban or American Apparel.

klausl4
9/21/17

I ordered some Items and paid extra. Well the items did not show. As a matter of fact I contacted Asos support who promised the items next day. 6 hours later my whole order were cancelled and I received nothing, I were like "Heyyyy what is happening??". I contacted Asos again. Sadly I just got rude and inappropriate answers. The support from Asos is simply not existing. To cut it short . I cant recommend anyone to buy from asos.com. It is a waste of money and their support does not exist

larainew1
9/20/17

I can't believe how rubbish Asos is these days, something has changed with them recently as I have shipped with them for a long time and always do the year delivery pass but I will not be doing that anymore.

They have made a mess of numerous orders I have placed this year, one order I placed for a Nars concealer they sent me an empty box!!!

They don't know what they are doing and when you email to get sorted they couldn't care less, my days of shopping with Asos are over which is a shame but they are not a good company anymore.

jasj8
9/19/17

I'd say I've returned around half of the things Ive ordered and loved the other half. Sometimes due to fitting or quality, but returns, especially in HK are so easy. Just reseal the bag it came in and drop it off at 711 no questions asked... both this site and Zalora

tanyas57
9/14/17

Absolutely love love ASOS! Been an avid customer past 3 years. Take it from someone who constantly shops at their website. 1st and foremost shipping takes minimal time. For Plus size gals the options are unlimited and really trendy clothes. Return is breezy and I get refund every time. The only complaint, they are not a physical store else I would have camped there.

neilm67
9/9/17

couldn't find vans old skool in pastel yellow anywhere. asos had and sent them in record. Great service

mikeb416
9/4/17

I chatted with JAMEEL on their chat help. He was insulting, rude, slow, and didn't solve my problem. They won't let you speak to a manager or offer any kind of help at all. ASOS SUCKS!!!! Such a sketchy place!!!!!!!

declano3
8/31/17

Worst online company out there.

Received product covered in DOG HAIR! Clearly been used and was second hand. Spoke to a customer adviser called Elysia. She offered to replace the item and eventually offered a 10% off full price items which anyone can use at any time if they know how (student etc.)

Despite sending pictures showing the damaged nothing else was offered even after expalining the situation once again.

Think twice before buying from here if something goes wrong they really don't care.

christys42
8/30/17

WOULD NOT EVEN GIVE A 1 STAR! I ordered $700 worth of clothing and paid for express 2 day shipping. I received my order on the 4th day. The order was missing 11 of the 15 items. I received only 4 items and 1 of those items were DAMAGED. I contacted ASOS immediately and had to beg to have the missing items be shipped to me immediately because I was going on a 3 week vacation. The rep finally apologized and guaranteed that the items would be delivered to me 2 days later (the day I was leaving for vacation). I asked for tracking and he said I would receive it by email. The next day of course I still hadn't received tracking so I contacted ASOS yet again which I got an answer of the items have not been shipped yet and will not make it to you before you leave for vacation. I asked to speak to a manager and the answer is they will contact you within 48 hours and there is nothing else they were willing to do for me. Now i am left with no time to go shopping for the vacation. I will never shop here again. This was the most unprofessional experience.

joaon8
8/22/17

I am extremely unhappy with their service. I have been a good client and until my last experience. During my last order number 278833812, they have expired their limit until when I can receive the goods and now they are asking for an extra 72x hours to have a reply from the correct "department".
I do think that this is inadmissible to have to wait for 72x hours to have them communicating between 2 of their departments, furthermore I have requested to cancel the order (since they have passed the deadline) and they have still demanded to wait for the 72x hours. I had the opportunity to talk with Paul and Diana and I have clearly explained that I cannot wait 72x hours to have a reply from their side and it is inadmissible but nothing was done and they still remain obliging to wait for 72x hours. This is inadmissible! Nothing can justify this, since one if they have lack of staff, this is their fault and it obviously affects the client experience and second if it takes too long to receive a reply form the transporter, it is also their fault since they are the ones who hire them. I am extremely dissatisfied with this the worst costumer experience that I have received so far, and foremost it is my money that they have and they are making me wait to refund it to me! And to finalize my costumer experience Paul has closed the chat in my face without even confirming if I was done or not. This is an outrageous and I cannot believe that a company like Asos can be compliant with this kind to attentiveness.

arianh3
8/18/17

I PLACED AN ORDER ON 11.08.2017 FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY AND TO THIS DAY I'VE YET TO RECEIVED THE ITEMS THAT I PURCHASED. I GOT A MESSAGE FROM THE DELIVERY COMPANY SAYING IT WILL BE DELIVERED ON 13.08.2018 BUT NO INFORMATION FROM ASOS AS TO WHY THERE IS A DELAY. A FEW HOURS LATER, AFTER I'VE SELECTED MY DELIVERY TIME SLOT THEY SENT OUT A STANDARD MESSAGE SAYING THERE IS A DELAY AND OFFERING COMPENSATION TO CUSTOMERS WHO PAID FOR THE DELIVERY EXCLUDING THE PREMIUM CUSTOMERS, SO I SENT AND EMAIL ABOUT THIS BUT NEVER GOT A RESPONSE. CONTACTED SOMEONE ON THEIR CHAT SERVICE ABOUT THIS ISSUE ON THE DAY OF THE DELIVERY AS THE DELIVERY TIME SLOT HAD PAST AND I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY ITEMS AND I WAS PROVIDED WITH THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL PERSON NAMED TAYYIBAH WHO WOULD NOT HELP ME AND INSTEAD QUOTED ME THE TERMS OF CONDITION AND THEN ABRUPTLY ENDED THE CHAT TELLING ME SHE CANT HELP ME ANYMORE. AS IT WAS A SUNDAY I COULD NOT SPEAK TO ANYONE OVER THE PHONE SO I DECIDED TO CALL ON THE MONDAY AND SPOKE TO HANNAH WHO WAS REALLY SWEET AND HELPFUL AND TRIED TO HELP ME WITH THE ISSUE. SHE TOLD ME A THE END OF OUR CALL THAT SHE WOULD SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL BUT I NEVER GOT THIS. I CHASED THIS UP THROUGH THE FACEBOOK MESSENGER SERVICE AND SPOKE WITH SEVERAL PEOPLE BUT NONE OF THEM HELPED. I JUST WAITED FOR THE DELIVERY TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY IN THE HOPES THAT IT WILL TURN UP BUT AGAIN NOTHING SO THURSDAY MORNING I DECIDED TO CALL DPD THE DELIVERY COMPANY, AND TO MY SURPRISE THE PACKAGE WAS MARKED LOST. THE GIRL I SPOKE WITH INFORMED ME THAT IT WAS SCANNED INTO THEIR SYSTEM BUT NO FURTHER INFORMATION HAS THEN BEEN PUT IN SINCE THEN. SO IN A VERY INFURIATED STATE I CALLED ASOS SPOKE TO A RUDE GUY NAMED ROSS WHO TOLD ME THERE SYSTEM IS DOWN SO HE CAN'T HELP AND I JUST HAVE TO CALL BACK LATER, AS YOU CAN IMAGINE THAT MADE ME EVEN MORE ANGRY. HE SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST OFFERED TO TAKE DOWN MY NUMBER AND CALLED ME BACK ONCE THEIR SYSTEM ISSUE WAS FIXED BUT INSTEAD HE HUNG UP ON ME. I CALLED BACK RIGHT AWAY AND SPOKE WITH A GIRL NAMED TAMALA, AND MIRACULOUSLY THERE SYSTEM WAS BACK UP AND SHE COULD NOW HELP. I EXPLAINED TO HER WHAT THE ISSUE AND SHE TRIED TO HELP AND PROMISED THAT I WOULD GET A REPLACEMENT FOR THE ITEMS THAT I ORDERED THAT IS NOW LOST AND ALSO GET A MANAGER TO CALL ME BACK. I SAID TO HER THAT I WANT THE MANAGER TO CALL ME BACK IN A FEW HOURS AND THAT SHE WOULD SEND ME A CONFIRMATION EMAIL AND AGAIN LIKE THE LAST TIME I NEVER GOT THE EMAIL AND THE CALL BACK FROM A MANAGER NEVER HAPPENED. TO ADD INSULT TO THE INJURY AN ITEM THAT I SENT BACK TO BE REPLACED FOR A DIFFERENT SIZE ON SATURDAY ARRIVED WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE TO TAMALA, SO THIS JUST ADDED FUEL TO THE FLAME. I DECIDED TO CALLED BACK AFTER NOT HEARING FROM A MANAGER AND SPOKE TO MARY WHO WAS REALLY RUDE AND VERY CONDESCENDING AND REFUSES TO PUT ME THROUGH TO A MANAGER AND SAID THEY HAVE PROCESS AND THAT I'VE TOLD THIS ALREADY SO SHOULD JUST WAIT. I CALLED THE HEAD OFFICE TO SEE IF I CAN SPEAK TO SOMEONE IN CHARGE OF THE CS TEAM BUT AGAIN NO ONE CAN SPEAK TO ME AND WAS REDIRECTED BY THEIR RECEPTIONIST TO CALL THE CS TEAM. I CALLED THE CS TEAM YET ANOTHER TIME AND THIS TIME SPOKE WITH ROB WHO WAS VERYS SWEET AND TRIED TO HELP COME TO A RESOLUTION, I REALLY THOUGHT THAT IT WAS RESOLVED BUT STILL LEFT ME VERY DISAPPOINTED. TODAY, I GET MESSAGE FROM A GIRL NAMED TASHA THROUGH THEIR FACEBOOK MESSENGER NOT EVEN VIA EMAIL TO SAY THEY TRIED TO REPLACE THE ITEMS BUT ITS OUT OF STOCK SO THEY ARE JUST GOING TO REFUND ME THE MONEY BUT STILL SEND ME THE ITEM THAT IS OUT OF STOCK, I SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST BEEN GIVEN THE OPTION TO CHOOSE TO GET A DIFFERENT SIZE CONSIDERING IVE MENTIONED ON TWO OCCASIONS THAT I WILL BE WEARING IT FOR LONDON FASHION WEEK BUT NO THERE WAS NONE OF THAT. I CALLED TO SEE IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO JUST GET A DIFFERENT SIZE BUT WAS TOLD NO THEY ARE PRETTY BLACK AND WHITE WITH REPLACEMENTS AND THAT THEY CANT DO ANYTHING FOR ME ANYMORE. I AM STILL VERY DISAPPOINTED AND DEFINITELY QUESTIONS WHETHER I SHOULD REMAIN A CUSTOMER.

julianaa7
8/17/17

Love the products, ease of returns, and you can sign up for 2 day shipping for only $19 dollars a year. That being said, the two day shipping NEVER comes in two days. They're customer service does nothing to appease their customers. They basically just say "sorry". I will stop shopping here even though I was buying things once a week from them solely because their customer service is terrible.

someb3
8/16/17

My problem wasn't with the customer service or the quality of the material ( Didn't get that far) but my problem is with their sly and sneaky moves, I ordered three jackets that cost around $270 and with express shipping my total came out to be $285 which I didnt mind paying for extra shipping but wait theres more YOU HAVE TO PAY CUSTOMS FEES which they DO NOT mention anywhere. If im going to be paying more a note or disclaimer stating that "customs fees may apply" would be helpful but nope no such thing was provided here. DO NOT SHOP FROM HERE THIS WEBSITE IS NO GOOD. and a little fyi MY CUSTOMS FEES FOR CANADA WERE AROUND $90.

annab350
8/15/17

I was guaranteed my items would arrive on August 4th and they arrived today - past the wedding that I was trying to find a dress for. Like all of the other reviews... I contacted customer service and was given the same BS explanation with a 10% discount that expires in one month. First of all, when you lose a long time customers trust it is going to take me over a month to want to shop with you again.
I finally received my order and it was the. Wrong. Freaking. Dress. I emailed again asking for better compensation then a lousy 10%. They said that is the best they can do. They said they will ship another dress if one is available (although online it says it isn't). Super disappointing experience. Work on your customer service and satisfaction and show some loyalty to your customers. I mean, we are the reason you are still in business.

yenjul
8/11/17

I received the wrong item and therefore wasn't able to get the correct one while it's still in stock. They simply said there's nothing they can do with very condescending attitude and did not even apologise. Very very bad experience.

bayleyr
8/10/17

So basically here's the run down:
I ordered a short sleeve t-shirt dress that was plain and black. The dress I received was 2 sizes too big and was a completely different dress.
Here's the email thread between myself and whatever horrible customer service ASOS has:
ASOS:
I am sorry to hear to hear you received an the incorrect item. Please be assured this is not a regular occurrence here at ASOS.

Sadly, when your parcel was being processed the replacement CURVE Ultimate Smock Dress you requested was out of stock, so we were unable to replace it for you.

Please send the incorrect item back to us within 28 days of receiving it. It can take up to 10 business days for your return to arrive at our warehouse. Once it arrives, well refund you for the item within 24 hours and drop you an email to confirm.

Youll be refunded back to the payment method you used to place your order and the funds will show in your account within 5-10 working days of the refund being completed. If we're not able to issue your refund as expected, we'll be in touch.

Me:Unfortunately I am having trouble understanding why I am responsible for the daily check in on the Back In Stock link. I have an expansive background in the retail industry and am well aware that you should have a way of finding out if/when this product will be back in stock. I do understand that human error can play a large role in this mistake but Im having trouble with the fact that the incorrect style and size were sent to me. It almost seems like this was blatantly done because the packer was aware that the item was out of stock when they were packaging and didnt want to have to deal with communicating to me - the customer - the issue. I ignored the negative reviews that I read throughout various parts of the internet to give you the opportunity to provide me an excellent first shopping experience with you; its disappointing that I was let down. Please have your team notify me when the item is in stock.

ASOS:
Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you didn't receive the correct item for your order 277409376.

Sadly, we're unable to let you know directly when the item comes back in stock. We would never send an incorrect item on purpose as when we sometimes come to pack orders items have become unavailable, we would then contact our customers directly at that point to let them know that the item is out of stock.

I know this isn't the outcome you were hoping for Bayley.

To make it up to you, I'm including a 10% discount code to use on your next order.

Me:
Sadly, you are unable to make it up to me and therefore lost a customer. Keep your 10%. I will be sending back the item and will throughly check up on updates about my refund.
I'll be posting a review of my experience in hopes to save someone else.

Then I got angry and sent a double email adding in this:
Also, if my order wasn't in stock then why was I able to purchase it in the first place? You should highly consider working on the statuses of your items.

Basically there is ZERO help from customer service whatsoever. All they do it off you a 10% off code which, might I mention they have sent to me 3 other times randomly before so that I would review them.

DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS STORE. I was not smart enough to not check their online reviews beforehand otherwise I'd probably not be in this situations.

Best luck to anyone who decides to order from them.

janak15
8/10/17

Hello, i ordered Red dresses and it came really dark Red :/ im not happy for that. But delivery was on time.

yidahp
8/9/17

I had order three times from here in the past two weeks,i have receive the exact order and the product looks exactly like the photos.i ordered three tshirts for my fiance the first time and the second i ordered two dresses.one is faux leather and i love it so much,i got size 2 and i decided to order the same dress in size 4 again since i am pregnant and dont know what size my body will stay.i got it today and just love it!!i havent have any delay with the delivery or any error so far.im sorry for so many bad experiences here,i feel lucky!

tashh2
8/9/17

Such a good variety! Always end up having to spend ages trying to sort though what I can actually buy as I have so much in the basket. Some of the Asos branded stuff is so cute an afforfable. I've always had pleasent experience ordering from here, I recently ordered some bikinis for holiday using saver delivery and they were delivered within 3 days. Unfortunately I didn't suit them so had to send them back, but I was so impressed with how quickly they got back to me and sorted it out!

melissad88
8/8/17

I was promised two day delivery for an order. Even in the confirmation email I was given a deliver before or on date. Turns out that was a lie. They did not deliver the item within two days. It was only one day late, however the only reason I completed the purchase was because I was promised the two day delivery. I had an event and the dress was supposed to arrive just in time. However that one day delay caused me to have wear something else. I tried to contact customer service and was given rude treatment. They offered a 10% discount good for a month, because after that I would want to order anything from them again. The customer service rep, Yunis, gave me attitude when I complained about the one day delay even after I explained why it was a big deal. Good companies like Amazon will give you a refund or major discount when their orders are late. They make a promise and if they cannot follow through they try to make up for it. Not ASOS, they give you sass. Don't order from them! Their clothes aren't worth the trouble.

raja223
8/8/17

I placed an order. They lost the item and kept on saying all different things. After weeks, they told me the order was cancelled. They sent me a complimentary code which does not work. This company was very good before. Now it sucks. The management should train their representatives to provide better customer service. It has become a junk full of liars. They cheated me...still they are not able to resolve the issue. DO NOT TRUST THEM!

breannac6
8/7/17

The latch on a pair of shoes I bought broke after taking about 30 steps. I thought maybe it was a fluke, that this shoe was just faulty, and considered ordering a replacement pair. I used a zip tie to replace the latch and tried wearing them again, but after about 50 steps the other shoe broke.

THESE SHOES WERE $65.00. literally.

I am extremely disappointed in ASOS for selling low quality shoes for a whopping $65.00. I wonder how ASOS decides how much to charge customers, because I'd like to know if ASOS is at fault for charging so much or if its the designer's choice.

I would like to think ASOS is a reputable company that checks up on how the products they sell are actually made, instead of mass producing poor quality items with a high price as a disguise for its actual low-quality.

$65.00 for a pair of shoes that breaks so easily as mine did is nearly criminal.

Another pair of shoes I bought have elastic on them that is already stretched out past the point of return after wearing them once for 8 hours, having walked at most a half mile that day. A brand new purse with pom poms on it practically fell apart in my hands. The chain on a choker I bought was broken before I opened it's packaging, as if it was up to me to assemble it.

Their shoes, accessories, and jewelry are very low quality and as for their clothes I've had only a so-so experience. Anything with sequins will not last.

I gave them two stars instead of one because their free shipping is nice. And usually things get here sooner than it says it will.

kathleene23
8/4/17

Honestly I read reviews about this website and a lot of them were really bad but I saw a couple claiming positive stuff like "I loved the things I got" and there was one comment that convinced me to just try it, it's was "idk why there are so many bad reviews it's probably just competitors trying to bad mouth this website.." TRUST ME IT IS NOT. I've tried tons of online shopping sites and this one is by far the worst! Yeah sure I got my stuff but let me tell you 1. It was pretty $#*!ty quality... all of the tags say "made in Pakistan or Egypt.... 2. All the fabric is cotton so if you wash it and wanna dry it ... IT WILL SHRINK! And 3 the thing that pissed me off the most was the fact that I agreed on paying $108 for everything... I got charged $176 on my bank statement!!!!! AND ON TOP OF THAT had to pay an extra $50 on customs and delivery when my order came to the door. Asos claims it is free world wide shipping but don't trust it. I ended up paying at giant total of $226 for 6 articles of clothing... I'm so upset especially since I only agreed on spending $108 :(
Do yourself a favour and forget you saw this website. Trust me you can find a WAY better one. You already know I won't be shopping here again. Oh and if I could rate this thing with a negative I totally would but apparently they don't give you that option.

sums3
8/3/17

I thought I was taking a risk ordering from Asos considering some of the reviews I read, I ordered a pair of shoes, the timing was good along with the quality. Im from the states so I haven't heard much of this brand but now I'm glad I have

chelseyc4
8/3/17

If I could rate it zero I would. 3 out of the 5 items I ordered were so completely incorrect it blew my mind that this company still exists. How do you get a red tank top, a black tank top and a plain white tee wrong?? It is not rocket science. I ended up with a red polka dot bra thing, a black dress 2 sizes up, and what seems to be an off white tshirt with graphic writing on it. NOTHING LIKE THE PHOTOS ONLINE. As a first time customer you have made your impression. NEVER shopping with asos again.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Never had an issue and i've been ordering from them for the past 5 years. I also live in New York. I get my packages in a timely manner. I've placed rush delivery, got orders on time. The same with standard. Even my returns have been simple. Never had an issue with Asos.

By Ms S. on 8/20/16
Helpful answer

Doubt it, I don't think they sell any knock off's. Depending on the print you got, some of them don't have stripes. Hope that helps.

By Daria d. on 9/17/15
Helpful answer

Look, as I wrote here I shopped with them many times and I was never disappointed. I don't know where you buy from, but I live in Italy and it doesn't take more than 4-5 working days for them to deliver the package. If you're concerned about the quality, well, it's not really top-notch, but considering the price it's really good (you can't expect Max Mara quality from a shirt you paid 20 euros). As for the fit be careful because those are UK sizes and they are definitely NOT vanity sizing! Meaning: when you read "model pictured wears UK 8" you may think "they're lying, she's clearly a 6" but they're actually not in most cases. I have a body similar to that of most of their models, I ordered size 6 twice and it was a tiny bit small. So size accordingly. All in all I trust them and I like their product. Perfect low-cost site to shop from online.

By Maddalena R. on 9/10/16
Helpful answer

It depends on where you live I guess? I live in Iowa and most of the times it says it ships from New Jersey. The longest time it ever took to ship to me was 7 days but I've received it in 4 before

By marissa h. on 8/18/15
Helpful answer

I've honestly never had any problems with this company. Like, I order, it ships quickly, I get my goods, if I don't like it, I ship it back with their free returns and I get my money back. The only dirty thing they do is price gauging. Like, go on the UK site and jot down an items price and then switch to the US site (My country, as an example) and do the math on the GBP to USD exchange rate and then compare the two site prices and BOOM: the US site is always more expensive than the UK site. I always buy things from the UK site now

By Lizzie L. on 4/6/17

0843 459 7278

By Assad Y. on 6/3/16

How about boots?

By Ieva E. on 4/30/17

Ditto with P S.'s answer

By Audrey Y. on 8/30/15
Helpful answer

No import taxes and yes the shoes were cute and well made.

By D R. on 10/29/12

By Lizzie L. on 2/12/17
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

12 Photos for ASOS