Review of ASOS

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jasoni6
3/27/17

Frustrated having watched my wife navigate what has turned into a reficulous ordeal.

Owning a business where customer service counts, and after now reading COUNTLESS reviews stating similar frustrated customer experiences, I don't understand how they are still in business.

Hopefully these reviews catch your eye before spending your money with ASOS. Word to the wise, DON'T!!!

They are BRUTAL!

katieb82
3/27/17

No tracking for the orders in Taiwan. Customer service chat is helpless. The order I placed later has arrived earlier. Once my cousin waited forever for the package delivery, and he chatted with the customer service. The answer he got from them is: wait couple more days after the estimated dated, we don't have the tracking for ur package, what they know if the package has arrived at ur country. What the answer? And he waited for over a week, and asked for REFUND. They asked him lots of questions, and try to get the refund process so hard!!!!!

wenl7
3/25/17

ASOS's products are overpriced and bad quality. They advertise false, misleading and deceptive representation of products. Their customer service deals incompetently and ineffectively with customer concerns.

Zara, and even Forever21, or another retailer beats them by a lot.

tamw2
3/24/17

Hi, youre through to ASOS! Thanks for giving me your order number. So I can help further I just need to ask you a security question. Could you please let me know your date of birth?
You're now chatting to Sophie
Hello
Hi there
How can I help today?
I ordered a dress on the 22nd and paid for 2 day delivery and i just checked the status of the delivery and it not scheduled to come till Monday
I paid for 2 day delivery and was suppose to wear tomorrow night
Received
Please can you confirm your date of birth for me?
Are you still there?
6/11/68
Received
sorry i was taking a call ..........at work
Received
should i start a new chat
Received
I'm sorry your parcel didn't arrive on time
No it's ok
the UPS tracking say -Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 27/03/2017, By End of Day
but that is not what i paid for
Received
I can refund your delivery costs for you
I would prefer my dress
Received
Is there any way you can send my dress overnight
Received
I'm sorry I won't be able to do that but you could place a new order
Are you serious ??? what type of customer service is this
Received
I would like to speak to a supervisor
Received
I'm unable to escalate this as I have advised you correctly, the UPS tracking says that this parcel will be delivered on the 27th so there's a delay with the courier.
I would like my dress to be over night by either fedex or call your courier
Received
but im sorry sophie that is not my problem
Received
I paid for a service you offered and i want my dress
Received
So are yuio telling me that you have no mangement
Received
As I said I can't do that Tamberly, if it doesn't arrive before 10pm this evening then it will be coming on the 27th
OK SOPHIE SO BASICALLY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING DESPITE WHAT I PAID FOR THAT IM JUST SCREWED
??????????????

havenb2
3/23/17

Been trying for hours to resolve this issue of a refund. It's been a maddening waste of my time. I ordered with a prepaid gift card from my birthday. After the funds were spent I threw away the card some weeks later. Now ASOS refunded the prepaid gift card, and refuses to give me any of the old card information. Their "customer service" just keeps repeating to call the gift card because the refund was successful. I have tried calling the gift card, however I have NO information to give them. No card number or exp date. So they have nothing to help me. They can't just offer me a new gift card because I tell them a company called asos refunded an old gift card, can you give me a new one? No I don't have the number, no my name isn't on it. Ok thanks..... I can't reach a single person. There isn't a number and the social media is useless.
Unless you don't care about the money you are spending, DO NOT SHOP ASOS. Most of the items have to be returned for sizing reasons anyway. I have Been a customer for years, and haven't had any problems returning. Now that I see how terrible customer service is when you DO come across a problem, I can't justify giving them my business. They don't care. So I don't care.

susank122
3/22/17

Unwilling to help with order issue. Completely uncooperative. There's no phone number, so you can't talk to anyone.

helianyo
3/20/17

Terrible experience, I ordered a dress not only did it not arrive and they have yet to refunded me for the money I spent.

emilys146
3/19/17

I ordered two dresses of ASOS for my bridesmaids. The dresses arrived on the exact day they were predicted to arrive and they were very true to their color as seen on the screen. They were also true to size which was good! Other then the length, neither dress will have to be altered! There was a few strings coming out of one of the waist bands on one of the dresses, but for the price ($79) I was not expecting perfect quality. We are very impressed with what we received and will definitely be ordering from here again!

beccai1
3/19/17

I ordered from ASOS and they said they sent my order. I waited and waited and nothing came. I contacted the company and they said they were out of stock and would refund me. Why did I have to contact them to find out this information?! If I hadn't contacted them I wouldn't have gotten my items or a refund. I thinks that's super shady. I will never order from them again!

jonnat3
3/19/17

I placed on order with this company on 3/2/17. At the time the had a discount with unidays offering 20% off instead of the usual 10%. I place my order and the discount somehow did not calculate properly so I contact their customer service immediately through chat. I was told it wasn't a problem and I would be refunded 16.90. I was fine with that. About an hour goes by I get an email stating the refund was processed and I would see it in 5-10 days. Time goes by about a week I contact customer service again stating I have yet to receive the refund I am then told oh we don't offer refunds you received the correct discount. I then showed proof of the original conversation and the email stating I was entitled to 16.90. And this was done after dealing with several reps because every time I would respond a different rep seemed to get my emails that alone made me angry. So one of the reps tells me my refund was sent to my credit card manually. So a red flag goes up I paid with PayPal how can you bypass PayPal and refund it to my card I did not have one on file with them! I asked the rep that very question and was told it can be done and to wait the full 10 days. So on 3/15/17 I contacted customer service again because I still have no refund and once again I have to deal with several reps before getting a concrete answer. I am then told by one of the rudest reps there it hasn't been 10 days only 9. Now I know I can count and I insist it has been sinnce this started in 3/1. He in turn says they are counting from 3/2 and the 10th day is 3/16. He also requested I send my bank statement me for that time period to show I did not get the refund which I thought was odd but I complied. Once I sent proof I was then emailed again oh you have to wait til after 3/16 and if it still isn't there to contact them again. At this point I'm pissed all this over 16.90 but I was determined to follow this through it has now become about the principle. I then open a transaction error cause with PayPal explaining what's going on just seeking further assistance in this matter. So I go ahead and wait til 3/17/17 and contact asos customer service again. Before doing so I attempted to log into my account and I get an error message you account has been blocked of course I am now confused. Why would I account be blocked??? I contact customer service through chat and the rep tells me I see it's blocked but I have to have another rep contact you. I asked well can you at least tell my why the account it blocked? The rep says no. I then contact customer service through email on the same email thread I had been using asking about the refund and the account block. I get and email back stating they are looking into it and that I dont need to send anymore emails. So fast forward to today 3/19/17. I get an email saying the account was closed because I opened the case with PayPal stating fraud and PayPal determined it was fraud and the company took a financial loss because of this. Any orders I place in the future will automatically be canceled with no notice, WTF??? Now I'm livid I check PayPal and the have not determined fraud and have not made a final decision. I was not given a refund for the 16.90 and instead of asos figuring out what was going on they just decided to block me from future purchase. I have never been so disgusted with a company in my life. All this over 16.90. So recap I still don't have the refund, my asos account is blocked and I am no long allowed to make purchases. Horrific, terrible and most unprofessional company every I would recommend no one ever shop with them again if they can be this petty over 16.90 imagine what they would do over a higher dollar amount.

sofian171
3/17/17

Im true shopaholic fashionista, and there is no place like Asos! They have all the clothes I'm looking for, it seems to be extremely hard to find web stores that has both casual and latest fashion clothes, but they do both! I love the fact that they have this video showing all the clothes and shoes, it helps sooo much. And they actually have small sizes (UK 2-4) and they are not always sold out (comparing to places like Zalando, where I don't even mind going anymore because _everything_ is always sold out...). I couldn't be more happier with any website, they also deliver super fast even internationally, and prices and quality are really good! Once again ordered one shirt and i can't wait for it to arrive!

marilyng27
3/16/17

I have been shopping at ASOS for a few years now, I love the product range and the continuous discounts they offer. The shipping is super fast, the quality of the ASOS range is excellent. I buy on a regular basis and have not been let down.

susw
3/14/17

Honestly so disgusted and disappointed in this company. For anyone looking to spend on this company please take my advice and SAVE YOUR MONEY. I've ordered from Asos now twice and BOTH times my items have been "delayed" and I've received within 30+days from the day I bought it. Ridiculous. Normally I wouldn't even mind getting it at a delayed date, but when I originally made my recent purchase I noticed on the date of delivery that they stated "no later than", which like everyone else I assumed I was safe receiving it before my event especially how they emphasized the "no later than...". As I was expecting my package on the date, it never arrived. As an extremely frustrated customer that now has no outfit to wear on a very important day, I took to their live chat, and all their customer representative offered me was an insincere apology, and told me that they were able to do nothing about it(BOTH TIMES). I then asked them to send me some sort of proof that my package was sent on that day and they claimed they were unable to do that for me. As a customer and having this now twice happen to me, makes me wonder if this company even ships their packages on the date they say they do, because again I find this extremely ironic having the same exact thing now happen to me twice. The reason I'm so frustrated is because of how established this company claims they are, yet their delivery takes months. I've ordered from @missguided and @boohooofficial before and to my understanding when they send internationally (free at cost), they actually send the package no later than a week. After my last experience I know to never spend a penny on @asos , and will make sure to advise others not to as well!

bdfuowfn
3/11/17

I've had about 10 purchases there at different times and every time my items are true to the picture, on time and have had good feedback from them. would definitely recommend it although some of it is a little pricy. the website and app are both very efficient and quick. i love ASOS

lioro
3/11/17

I ordered from Asos earlier this month. It was my first purchase. I read a few reviews about them. I was hesitate, but ended up ordering anyway. The skirt I ordered was gorgeous! Even better than pictures. Great quality and price. It shipped to me in less than a week. Skirt was small, and I had to return. i was refunded the entire amount after a week or so. And this is what I call the perfect shopping experience! I'll definitely be back to order.

erinv13
3/10/17

I ordered a Needle & Thread dress and then after I placed the order I read asos reviews.. People complained about the costumer service and that it took a super long time for their clothes to come. I had the opposite experience. My parcel came exactly when they said and I live in Canada. My dress arrived in perfect condition and it fit perfectly.

betha254
3/9/17

I ordered a dress three nights ago from this company for my bridal shower. I was charged immediately, but never received a confirmation email about it at all to know my order number, status of my order, etc. I started a live chat for support and was told the only way they can get to the bottom of it is for me to send my bank statement that shows I was charged and any other charges to my account since the order I placed with them. I was told I could black out my personal information and that it was safe. When I asked if there was any other way to search for my order (email address, billing address, shipping address, phone number) they said no, that the bank statement was the only way. Curious, I went online to see if there were any reviews of this site, as it was my first time ordering, and all the negative reviews only confirmed my suspicions. I let the girl know I was uncomfortable sending my bank account and that the reviews online have me concerned about the way this company does business, she told me it was the only way to get it resolved, I asked to speak with a manager, she told me there is no manager as this was a live chat, but I could give my phone number for someone to call me back, but that I would just hear the same news as this is their policy when dealing with an issue like this. I asked if there was a number I could call instead of giving mine and her response was: No sorry we don't have a phone number for you to call as we are an online retail company and deal with queries online, we're not set up for a high number of calls. I'm happy to arrange a callback for you however, I would need a phone number and a time to give you a call please. Maybe I don't know much about online shopping (I thought I did), but I truly have never heard of such a thing. Looks like I'm out $89 and what I thought was going to be the perfect dress for my bridal shower. Terrible service. Total scam.

jesseb55
3/8/17

I always get my items on time and they make returns really easy. If you're a guy looking for more euro-style items, this is a great place to shop!

joelr36
3/4/17

Ordered pants a week ago emailed them to see Where my item is go a response saying they well email in two days because they where contacting the carrier. Never got a email back emailed second time to fine put my pants are now sold out how so when I ordered them a week ago the had in stock ...unbelievable

isac7
2/27/17

I ordered a pair of adidas and i had them returned/sent back 5 TIMES!! Each time receiving the wrong item. The fact that they don't do a exchange is also ridiculous. The only reason I put up with it was because these shoes are found no where else! I hate their customer service and will NEVER be using their site again. Its absolutely ridiculous.

mayac11
2/26/17

As a woman with a larger bra size, I was really (naïvely) excited by the fact that ASOS claims to sell lingerie in larger than average sizes. I ordered a 30FF bra that is now sold out (am very true to that size), but when it came and I tried it on, it was more like a 28B. Have no idea how they can be so off, but anyways! Will definitely be returning.

hanl13
2/26/17

The worst customer service I'm have ever experienced. ASOS brand clothes very cheap and bad quality.

kristijonasi
2/24/17

This company and it's page is like a parody. They sent wrong items, don't care at all about their customers and do what they want without asking the client first. Bad, bad, bad.

sarahj182
2/24/17

Ok, so here is what has happened in my last few months of trying to get bridesmaid dresses ready for my wedding!

I ordered 3 bridesmaid dresses on the 2nd of December. (Now 23rd Feb)
But they never got dispatched.
So after many a conversation with so many different people and nothing happening, the 3 dresses ended up getting sent on the 11th December.
I received these ones. They were a completely different colour to what they were online. They're a blush pink online but I got a mushroom/beige colour. That was ok because I could try to make it work.
One of the dresses had a big black smudge on the front so I sent it back and got a new one.
Once that was received, all of the girls tried them on and one of the size 10's wasn't quite the right fit so a bridesmaid ordered a size 12 and we sent the size 10 back. Australia post says that was received on the 13th Jan. I still haven't received the refund. I spoke to someone 11 days ago and they said someone would get back to me in a few days. Surprise, that didn't happened.
So, more about the dresses, ALL 3 of the zippers were faulty! Because I couldn't be bothered talking with more people from ASOS, I went out and bought new zips and paid a tailor to put them on. After not hearing about the refund, I took to Facebook messaging them and telling them my story. I got a reply asking for my details to look into it. I gave it to them straight away. 24 hours later, still hadn't heard back so I prompted them with a "hello?"
Finally someone said that have sent it to the refunds team and shortly after another message saying the refund it's on its way. No acknowledgement of how terrible the service has been. No compensation for the amount of stress I've been through. Nothing.

My experience with ASOS has been terrible!! So bad. The customer service - BAD! A lot of them a very rude!
The process - BAD! The clothing - BAD!

karenm310
2/23/17

company is a scam and words can't express how absolutely horrible they treat their customers as well as take your money and don't give you the merchandise. There packaging is horrible and has arrived town to pieces in the in plastic bags they use so it is very likely part or most of your order will be missing. There is no way to co tact this company other than live chat which I believe is all machine generated and the responses you receive through the live chat are identical. This has given me nightmares of having robots oversee my concerns and multiple issues I have had with this company. Buyer beware!!! You will be extremely sorry that you ever gave a penny to his company!! I am in the process of filing multiple claims to the authorities regarding their unethical and extremely

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

50 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ASOS staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question