Review of ASOS

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jennaj7
5/24/17

I have ordered from ASOS many different times over the last 3 or so years. I have generally been happy with most of the items I have received and am an avid purchaser of the jeans that they carry. I think they have a great selection of cute items and the quality of them is good (I've never had a piece fall apart on me). The prices are fair for most of their items and they pay for taxes and it's these above reasons that I have repeatedly shopped with them.

HOWEVER, I do have some significant complaints about this company. Firstly, ordering something with them is kind of a gamble because if you don't like it or it doesn't fit sending it back to the UK from Canada (where I live) sucks. It costs a ridiculous amount to send it which makes it kind of pointless to return some items. It also takes like 3 weeks to process a refund. As for customer service I think it is kind of all over the place/inconsistent. I have had experiences where I have had to contact customer service and it takes quite a while to hear back. Then when I do hear back I respond and the next message I get is from someone else (which I get considering the same person is obviously not on the job 24/7) but what I have to complain about is having to explain the same issue over and over to each person. It makes things quite labour intensive on my part. One time I tried ordering a pair of jeans and their site was having issues so the same jeans got ordered twice on 2 separate orders. Therefore, I paid for 2 of the same jeans plus shipping twice. I emailed CS about this issue and they replied that it was too late to cancel my order and that I would have to wait to get the item and then send it back. I informed them that I live in Canada and so it is expensive for me to ship items back to the UK esp when it wasn't my fault that this had happened. They didn't budge. So I had to wait for the item to reach me, bring it to the post office, pay for shipping, get proof of postage, send them a picture of the proof of postage, wait until it reached them and then finally they refunded me for the item. Furthermore, they didn't even offer to refund the cost of shipping from the UK to Canada of $7 for the item that was sent to me due to the site glitch! Lastly, I expected that maybe for all my trouble they would offer me a decent promo code without prompting. But nope, I had to prompt them and finally someone got back to me with a 10% off code which expired in 2 months which is honestly kind of degrading after the whole experience. I'm not one to get mad about things very easily but for someone on a tight budget who is dealing with such a large company, I didn't feel it was very fair to deal with things this way when a glitch happens and effects their customers.

fatimap5
5/24/17

I'm sorry to hear of other people's bad experience w/ shipping/order issues. Perhaps you might want to double check to make sure you select your country first before ordering, I know it's defaulted to UK. I selected US for all of my orders and they came within 4 days (I live in California). The dress I ordered, which was an ASOS brand (they carry other brands) was true to size and the material was of better quality than H&M or Forever21, I expected it to be b/c it was way more expensive than two I mentioned. My only NEGATIVE experience was I forgot my user password and requested to change retrieve it and I followed the prompts and directions online, but I still couldn't change it. I emailed the tech support and they basically told me to request to retrieve password and click on the email (which I already tried prior to contacting them). After a few days of waiting, I decided to just create a new account. Overall, I am very pleased and it's one of the sites that I frequent lately. I love the style of clothes and the quality.

adyi
5/23/17

I placed an order on May 11th (order number 263227124). I have not received the package yet. I went to track the order and because they use worldnet which is a carrier from UK and I live in USA, the website is unable to tell me where the package is. I understand this is a problem with the carrier, but if you are sending international orders you should then use a more reliable way to track your orders so that clients would not have to become frustrated. I tried finding a phone number and there is not a phone number. The chat system only provides with generic information that is basically the same you can find on your own, but no extra details on the order. In conclusion, if you order a package and you live in USA, the carrier they use for shipping will not provide you with an update on the new tracking number of the package in USA, unless I am being very unlucky and this is an isolated case.

denisek47
5/22/17

I purchased 3 items from ASOS and I was a bit worried after I placed the order when I read some of the negative reviews. From my experience, each of my orders, placed separately, arrived within 3 days of my placing the order. I was SUPER IMPRESSED.
The prices were fabulous and the items were just as I imagined and fit well. BRAVO!

sink1
5/22/17

Omg the customer service is beyond appalling, rude and dismissive from at least 4 different agents.
My order was not delivered to my address and I paid for postage even though I spent enough to qualify for free postage, and ASOS asked me to walk around my estate to different houses to see if it was delivered there!?!? When I checked my closest neighbor (they gave received orders in error before) I told ASOS I did this and they said wait 48 hours as they want to check with courier company they use, I heard nothing back so I emailed them again to which they told me to wait 4 DAYS!! I will never order from ASOS again which is such a pity as I love their jeans but this hassle isn't worth it..

hanam5
5/18/17

Isobel from customer care is horrible. She just hanged up on me and very rude.
I canceled items 2 month ago, but received and charged me. They told that if I don't want them, I have to send them back which I have to pay shipping fees.
I have my cancelation email from them, but they refuse to pay me back the shipping fees.
This is ridiculous!

simones25
5/16/17

the product are not the same of pictures
custom service incredible,no one can call you
they take 1 months for refund
lot of time without paypal no money back
models are bodybuilder and products arive broken
no more after 3 years of buyer

samm729
5/15/17

Ordered some items. Was supposed to be delivered last week. Did not arrive and ASOS is blaming the courier TOLL. Frist they said TOLL tried to deliver but could not find the address. Second query where my goods, tells me Courier does not know where goods. Third query tells me Toll tried to contact me for customs charges. Never got a call from Toll on this. ASOS just took my money and after that series of lies and not sorting my problem. So, never will buy from these people again. THE WORST EVER ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE. PEOPLE!!! never even think of buying from these guys. Wish I read the reviews on ASOS. WORST ever!!!. P.S. I wish this review site had an option to mark negative starts.

preciouso1
5/12/17

I ordered a shoe of $195, and I had to pay a customs fee of $70 to get my package, no online store charges for Customs fee except Asos, please stop charging for customs.

faizas1
5/12/17

Reading through these reviews, I see that many people have had the exact same experience as me, so this is not an overreaction. I have never in my life written a review for any company before, let alone a bad one but here I am. I ordered two dresses for my sister's baby shower this weekend, for which I have to get on a flight tonight. I opted for the 2 day shipping, its been over a week and yesterday was the no later than date that it was supposed to have arrived. I've contacted customer care multiple times, they are absolutely useless, don't help you in any way. I specifically had to ask them to contact the carrier and find out what is going on with my order. One representative told me all she can do is give me a discount on my next order, like I'll ever buy anything from you guys again! All they do to "help" is tell you you just have to be patient now. Wtf?? I spent 200$ and now the order is absolutely useless to me, I bought it for a specific occasion. If its not going to be delivered by the no later than date, then what the hell is the point. I've never had this experience with any other company. Absolutely unacceptable.

elizabethj84
5/11/17

I ordered a dress for my graduation ceremony this Saturday to ship within 2 days but it turned out that my dress would not come before Monday, two days after the graduation ceremony. I contacted customer service and they said they could not do anything and it was not their fault. I $#*!ing registered for the 2-day shipping option and I ordered it like last Friday. They have 7 days to process a 2-day shipping order and they failed and the screwed my graduation. And now I could not cancel the order and they said I had to contact USPS by a 20-digit tracking number. The customer service person was very mean and unhelpful and not empathized. I will never purchase anything here!

kareeme5
5/11/17

I collected the wrong item and it was very very very disappointing for the first time i shopped at asos

Tip for consumers: Please who ever is shopping at asos talk to someone at customer care before you make your order to make sure they pack the right package to be shipped

jk162
5/11/17

I ordered 2 items which should have been delivered by May 03 2017 at the latest. I chatted with an rep online through their chat window a few days ago and they advised me that there was a delay and the new delivery date was going to be May 19th. No reasons, no apologies, nothing. I just checked online for an update and noticed that the delivery date is now May 24th 2017. Hopefully, it'll get here within the year. If I had known that shipments take over a month, this order would not have been placed. By the time it comes, I won't need the sweater that's on order as it'll be summer. I'll never shop there again. This is my first experience with ASOS, I do a lot of online shopping and this is unacceptable.

elizabeth
5/10/17

Perhaps this is a regional thing, but I've never had any problems with ASOS. I live in the United States and generally receive my orders in ~10 days. Because sizing between brands can vary, I have returned items that didn't fit. Generally, I receive a refund within 7-10 days of dropping the items in the mail.

I highly recommend this site because of its pricing and generous return policy.

lovelynec
5/10/17

How I wished I had read these reviews prior to ordering from this horrible site. It was my first time ordering from them and they sent my stuff to the wrong address!! never bothered to notify me, yet sending me advertisement all day on my email. When I contacted them, they were rude, non apologetic and told me I would need to reorder and pay for express shipping to get my items by the date of my event. As if I would ever order from them again!!!!

alexandrab40
5/10/17

I ordered my order on April 17th, and then it was dispatched. Its now May 10th and there has been no sign of my order anywhere. I've contacted them a week or two before this and they told me to wait until May 10th and to call my post office to ensure it wasn't there waiting because expected delivery was APRIL 27! I patiently wait and keep checking the mail until May 10th, and there is still no sign of my package. I contact ASOS online and they tell me to wait until 10pm May 10th before contacting them again to ensure that my local post office didn't deliver it. I've already received my mail for today! On top of that, how many times must I contact a company to get someone to look into my missing package?! How many people must I call or talk to before someone FINALLY looks into it?! Customer service is awful! On top of all that, as I was explaining this to the customer service representative, he told me " Wait until 10pm, I'm ending this chat" AND THEN LEAVES THE CHAT. AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE! Your customer is awfully unsatisfied, and you're going to end the chat?! Ridiculous. NEVER. SHOP. HERE.

garisong
5/8/17

Okay so my prom is this SATURDAY and so I ordered my tux and stuff in Monday and bought two day shipping and so I placed my order and then I $#*!ing check my $#*!ing email and it says we have cancelled your order for surcurity issues or some $#*! like that if I don't $#*!ing get my $#*! I'm suewing there asses okay asos you better watch the $#*! out!!!!

heidiw21
5/8/17

My package from ASOS is over a week late from its supposed delivery date and customer service is absolutely terrible in trying to solve this problem. Multiple times after telling the customer service representative the issue through live chat, they immediately log off as if they are trying to ignore this problem. In addition, when I was able to have a representative respond, the only thing they ever say is "You will be contacted by our delivery team within 48 hours". As expected, no delivery team contacts me and I am still waiting for my package not knowing what has happened to it.

chikonimkac
5/5/17

DO NOT BUY FROM ASOS, after waitng for my order the time it was supposed to take, it was showing delivered on the carrier's link,however when i contacted ASOS, I was informed the package had been lost, and whenasked for a refund, they refused, and informed a new package will be sent and i would have to send it back to them and wait for a refund. doesn't make sens. I will never use ASOS again,they dont even have professional people online.

shaniat1
5/5/17

I ordered a dress and at check out they said spend $30 more dollars and you can get two day shipping so I did and I proceeded to check out. Then I get emails of confirmation and tracking. I track my order and it doesn't really change much now it's at a "post office for final delivery" I went back to track and it's been posted a second time "post office for final delivery". I was supposed to have this within two days cause I spent well over $100 after seeing spend $30 more and get two day shipping. So I finally get intouch with their online chat representative and she is rude and keeps telling me you can track your order here and that I didn't put express in the code box. I told her over and over again I never got a code to put in or else I would have. I feel the check out system should have recognized me going back and spending over $30 more and done it automatically for two day shipping. I've asked this online representative if I could speak to someone she said she would take my phone number and have someone call me in 48 hours. I then asked how am do I know I'd be guaranteed to speak with someone and know that my number and info has been sent over to the person who would get in contact with me? She then ended the chat after I was not done asking questions so here I am with no dress for a wedding and my other items I bought. I spent $175 and received absolutely nothing and only seem to have a "FAKE" tracking number. So please do not spend your money with these people and know what you're getting yourself into if you do decide to order with them! This has been a nightmare and I've gotten NO help!

kittyy1
5/4/17

I cancelled an order a few hours after placing it. My card is still charged and now suddenly "Part 1" is being shipped? Nothing tells me what's in this "part one" either. And no information on what/when will be shipped in the next part. Don't order from them, they are not trustworthy.

carloss87
5/3/17

CHECK REVIEW BEFORE BUYING AT THIS SITE.
many costumers complaint about service wont buy anything from this website

jonathanr66
5/2/17

First they sent a fake tracking number, then the product didn't arrive, sent a new tracking number that hasn't been updated in 4 days, product still hasn't arrived, they refuse to refund my money. This company is completely fraudulent and a scam. I have the emails to back this up

sarahl210
5/2/17

They claim to not have received my return. Nothing fit. I returned it immediately, They kept my money and I have not one thing to show for $160!!!! Cannot get a hold of a customer service rep to have my account adjusted. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE!!! It is a scam!

timothym88
4/27/17

The absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. I order a couple items that are perfect for my upcoming wedding. They then contact me the next day telling me they have cancelled my order and that they want me to provide identifying information verifying that I am who I say I am. Although they give me absolutely no reasoning as to why, and it is a great inconvenience to me, I provide this information to them and comply with every request they give. Then they tell me they are deleting my account. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I don't understand how they stay in business treating people this way. If you are tempted to buy from them, DON'T!!! They obviously don't want your business anyway.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

52 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ASOS staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
nakisab
Nakisa B.
on 9/10/16
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the ASOS staff and other customers.

12 Photos for ASOS