Review of UPS

fwaits@ups.com
2017 Customer choice award

st166
5/25/19

Today , I saw the ups driver throw my package of prescription medication towards my front door ! To lazy to bring the package all the way to the door and knock on the door and then leave .

patriciak289
5/24/19

Why we always have bad service in Parkville 21234 I'm a small business owner ups trash my package a my door lying about sc sign for it where the is no s/c at the building ups in untrustworthy unreliable

trionah1
5/23/19

I am so flippin' sick yet another "lost" package, and then trying to wade through UPS's awful robot call center... time and time again. Just getting to a CSR is ridiculous. They repeatedly fail to deliver packages. I live in a secluded, rural area - no one is stealing them, unless it's a daytime possum. I receive a "delivered" notification, but as always, nothing is there. Then I get to go through their lengthy "investigation" period, in which I always have to have a new package sent out. Thus, what was supposed to be 2-day delivery? Yeah, more like two weeks. C'mon UPS get it together. Carrier pigeon would be more practical. If I could request USPS, I would every time. F-

olivierp11
5/23/19

The architecture of the website is just terrible. I could not solve the problem I had with them. You keep turn around again and again, same for their SMS service and their call center. The delivery service is horrible as well.

brandons53
5/22/19

Stay away from the UPS I dropped a package off at a local company to have shipped once before they charged me a $100 per package. They lost one of my packages worth $109 a pair of headphones and will not retrieve them. UPS is not a good company. I do not recommend them I would use USPS or FedEx before I would UPS.

sandin4
5/16/19

A pair of Nike's was to be delivered on 5/14. I had the usual 1st attempt door tag waiting for me when i got home. Nothing new, i get these at least once a week. I sign the back and UPS leaves my pkg. Yesterday an email said my pkg was delivered. But when i got home, there was no pkg and the notice was still stuck to my door. Turns out the pkg was delivered to the UPS store without my permission. My local ups store basically has the same work hours i do, i can't get there when they're open. So, not sure if this is new policy or a lazy driver. Very annoyed

viviak
5/9/19

Their drivers specialzed in lying and stealing. They must have stolen a package that was to be deliver to me and claim that it was left at my building processing center, there is no such thing in my building. Later the driver claimed he left it at my door. Now it's missing they and Coach claim no fault.

johnl1134
5/9/19

I personally wouldn't use they're service to take a letter next door. They are slow and very expensive. I scheduled a pick up for 2 packages with a live agent. Well the agent told me I could take it to UPS store and never processed the pick up. Told me it would be picked up they never came so I let Verizon know what happened. And taking time I dont have to drop said package to be mailed with a prepaid shipping label
In the past they held my package at local hub for 2 days because they said they deliver it on said day. Post office is way faster and by far cheaper. Save your money when it comes to the poor service and product of ups.

arnavp1
5/8/19

UPS store located at 11703 Huebner Rd Ste 106 (Store #4817) is verified to be RACIST. The owner of the UPS Store named Maria Salinas Baker employs her son Louie Salinas (Luis Salinas)

Louie Salinas has made Death Threats toward Indian and Middle Eastern people saying "Was wishing I had a grenade to toss at em" and then calls then racial slurs. His friend goes off and says "Give me an Automatic and away I'll blow" (referring to an automatic gun)

All this can be seen in the images that are here. UPS fired a guy for posting racial comments on social media directed at a black person,
https://www.ajc.com/news/local/ups-employee-fired-for-allegedly-posting-racist-comment-wsb-facebook-page/W9v4dK74vocn4tDqfHISaP/ but UPS refuses to take action on this ....I guess if its Indian people they dont care. Louie Salinas even wears a KKK hood (In Images guy with arm around the guy with a black hat who has been identified as Jasper Spergers)

UPS needs to step up to the plate and fire these people and prohibit them from owning a store. Maria Salinas Baker allows this behavior and will not fire the racist guy because its her son. HATRED AGAINST ANY GROUP, REGARDLESS OF NATIONALITY OR ETHNICITY CANNOT BE TOLERATED. YOU HAVE ALL THE PROOF SO UPS TAKE ACTION AS YOU DID WITH OTHERS. Or is there a double standard?

markw667
5/6/19
• Updated review

ANOTHER UPDATE: UPS ARE NOW TRYING TO CHARGE ME FOR THE STORAGE OF THE WATCH THEY STOLE/LOST. A DESPICABLE ORGANISATION RIGHT TO THE CORE

“Calamitous customs clearance experience/HIGH VALUE GOODS STOLEN/LOST”
3/5/19
• Previous review

Pray you don't have to deal with the customs clearance advisors at UPS Brokerage. Unable to process simple documents, request the same documents over and over again, Hold your items and then demand storage fees for the privilege! Utterly clueless and calamitous.

UPDATE: THE PACKAGE HAS BEEN DELIVERED AND IT IS EMPTY. THIS IS A HIGH VALUE ITEM THAT HAS BEEN LOST BY THE DISASTROUS UPS. NOT ONCE HAVE THEY APOLOGISED. I AM FILING A POLICE REPORT.

“Calamitous customs clearance experience”
2/27/19
• Previous review

susane67
4/29/19

Here in France their procedure is the following: They inform you of the date of delivery, between 10am - 6pm, whether you can be home or not. Then, if you call them, they tell you there is no choice, either go find your package somewhere in Oshkosh, or hope they will give you a better shipping date. Nothing can be planned in advance. They care nothing about the end-client, the receiver of the package. To be avoided at all costs.

jamesj696
4/25/19

UPS FAILED to deliver samples at guaranteed time for an important sales meeting for my start-up. Having paid a premium for guaranteed delivery, I didn't even get a refund as they said it was the result of an "emergency". Actually, they changed the reason 3 times when asked! They say it's an "emergency" to be cleared from living up to their own T&Cs. I WILL NEVER, EVER USE UPS AGAIN. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES. NONE. Total cowboys and totally unwilling to take responsibility for their own mistakes.

Tip for consumers: DONT USE THEM! THEY GUARANTEE DELIVERY AND THEN IF THEY FAIL TO HIT THE TIME, LABEL THE EXCUSE AN EMERGENCY TO AVOID PAYING REFUNDS. WHEN ASKED FOR AN EXPLANATION OF THE EMERGENCY THEY SAY UNABLE TO GO INTO DETAILS. YEAH RIGHT!

alishah35
4/20/19

Whenever I order from Amazon and ups is the carrier, I know I won't be getting the package in the estimated time window. They have access to my apartment building, but instead of leaving the packages, they leave a slip saying they'll drop it off at the Amazon access point the next business day. The packages don't need to be signed for. How hard is it to just leave them instead of a note? Very frustrating.

richelled6
4/16/19

Just dropped a package at my door step worth over $100 and left it. Now it's gone and I'm out my money. I'm pissed.

jeffw334
4/12/19

Was at a trade show where UPS had a booth to ship what you bought there. I shipped 17 boxes US post office - they ALL arrived safe, I shipped ONE package UPS because it was easier. BAD CHOICE. EVERY item in box broken and they won;t pay insurance claim. They keep shuffling me from department to department for 30 plus days - after several irate and frustrating phone calls they inform me this is a franchise store I shipped through so they waive their liability! The franchise store said it would come out of her pocket, so she's not interested in paying and claiming not her fault. They were the last people to touch/ship so not sure how they can claim this,
It would be like someone bringing in a watch for a battery replacement and the guy breaking your crystal and hands you back the watch and says "here ya go". I'm out $86 for shipping broken pieces to me, they claim the $200 is not insurance it's for lost packages (sounds like fraud to me), and denied all claims. Last time I ship UPS!

kerit12
4/11/19

Package was sent to us signature required. Driver made no attempt to knock or ring the doorbell. Customer service is crap. They were rude and did nothing.

samb353
4/7/19

I am so happy with the way my parcel was shipped, handled and delivered. I ordered it on the 02/04/19, it was picked up by ups on the 04/04/19, and delivered on the 05/04/19. After my parcel had been collected by UPS, it stated it could take up to 5 day to be delivered, but I received my parcel the following day.
I was able to track my parcel, which was sent by Standard Delivery, so I always knew where it was and at what time. It came on the exact date they had shown on the tracking website, and at an earlier time (13:05) than I expected (17:30).
The driver was polite, and I am very thrilled with the service. Thank you for making my delivery so easy!

(Sent from Scotland to Birmingham, UK)

Tip for consumers: Don’t worry about any bad reviews you might come across on the internet, as I had read some before I got my delivery, and I was quite nervous about whether or not it would come. Have some faith in UPS, as they definitely didn’t let me down.

andreyk45
3/29/19

I'm writing this specifically over experience with UPS Russia, but probably it's transferrable to branches in other countries as well. They've had scheduled and promptly cancelled two consequent deliveries based on a fact that the brokerage fee haven't reached certain department within UPS. A side note - I've paid that fee using wire transfer within the country on morning of a working day, which absolutely means that money will not reach a destination account within same day only if payer's bank held the transaction for some reason. For two days, I've been woken at 6 AM with texts saying 'your box is on the way' and both times drivers was unaware that the payment for their broker services have been reached UPS (opposite to what I'm being told by their support service). Taking extra fee for the brokerage service itself with taxable stuff (approx $50 vs approx $20 for non-taxable contents) is probably ok, but fscking everything up in continuance is something I've not seen in a long time, including carriers famous for for their incompetence.

In short - you should avoid UPS for all non-standard cases and take a very great measure choosing them for unimportant or time-insensitive stuff. I've wasted $150 (broker fee plus non-refundable cost of delivery) for a relatively small package and the mess they could easily avoid if someone could have at least tried to bind processing flows of the accounting and delivery departments together. Again, avoid if any comparable alternative is available.

yashiraf
3/26/19

My package was soo called "delivered" by one of your delivery persons on 3/15/19 at 10:58am. My family was home all day and NOBODY knocked on the door to leave a package. Supposedly your delivery person left it in front of the door. The Crazy thing is i FORGOT to put an apartment down in the delivery address!!! On 3/13/19 12:44pm it was scanned to be out for delivery. You guys wrote online on the update that the apartment is either missing or incorrect!! At 6:43pm on 3/13/19 You guys somehow managed to correct the apartment number and had the package on its way to be delivered!! WHAT APARTMENT YOU GUYS UPDATED IN YOUR SYSTEM BECAUSE IT WASNT MINE!!!!!!! On 3/14/19 9:14am my package was out for delivery, at 12:49pm "supposedly" my family wasnt home when the delivery attempt was made. 3/15/19 9:22am package was scanned and out for delivery. 3/16/19 7:07PM an investigation was started!! Yesterday i called to follow up with the investigation, and you people closed the case, because your delivery person said he delivered that package. I NEVER RECEIVED MY PACKAGE!!!! MY APARTMENT WAS MISSING!! HOW YOU UPDATE AND PUT AN APARTMENT DOWN BUT CANT CONFIRM WITH ME WHAT APARTMENT YA HAVE?!!!! THEN YOU NEVER REACHED OUT TO THE DISPATCHER TO FIND OUT WHO WAS DISPATCHED WITH IN THAT AREA TO DELIVER MY PACKAGE!!! YOU GUYS NEVER TRIED TO REACH OUT TO NYCHA TO SEE IF YOU CANT CHECK THE CAMERA FOOTAGE TO SEE IF AND WHERE DID YOUR DELIVERY PERSON DID WITH MY PACKAGE!!! 8 DAY INVESTIGATION AND YOU GUYS ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING!!! DIDNT INVESTIGATE ANYTHING!!!!! I WANT MY SNEAKERS OR MY MONEY BACK!!!

jackiea85
3/23/19

As I mentioned before, I ordered a expensive jacket online, then had a family emergency out of town. So I put a hold on any package delivery from UPS from 3/21/2019 to 3/25/2019, received an mail from UPS that the hold was placed with new delivery date of 3/26/2019. UPS delivered my expensive jacket on 3/22/2019.

Update part: I got home from my out of town emergency. Guess what? My expensive jacket(package) was gone. Of course it was gone, I live in a apartment complex. Who ever took my $400 plus jacket, I hope Karma gets them back one day. I had ready started talking to UPS the day I got a notification that my package was delivered even though I put a hold on it not be be delivered.

UPS is telling me to call the shipper. What does the shipper have to due with it? The shipper(evo) did their part, they packaged up my jacket and gave it to UPS to deliver it to the customer(me). My package was sent by what is known as UPS SurePost. I had never hear of this, and had to look it up. UPS SurePost is a package starts out with UPS than the package gets transferred to USPS for delivery. But UPS didn't transfer my package to USPS and UPS delivered my package even though I had put a hold on it to not be delivered. If UPS had transferred the my package to USPS my expensive jacket would of been safe and sound at my apartment office until I got home, because USPS doesn't delivery to people front doors in apartment complex's.

So UPS ignored my hold, didn't transfer my package to USPS, left my package at my front door in a apartment complex and now it's gone. All UPS is saying is to call the shipper(evo). UPS is not taking responsibility for my stolen package. The shipper(evo) in trusted UPS to deliver the package to the customer(me). My front door is not a customer. My front door didn't pay for the delivery. The only responsibility my front door has is to keep unwanted people out of my apartment. The shipper(evo) is not at fault, they did there part, UPS failed to do their part.

The jacket which was a Patagonia Powder Bowl Gore Tex Ski Jacket, can't be replaced. I literally bought the last in my size and the color I wanted. Patagonia is out of stock, same with REI, Backcountry, St. Bernard's etc. I search online for 3 weeks looking for this jacket, I called every ski shop in the country looking for this jacket. Finally I found it at evo. I didn't hesitate, I bought it and my 3 week search was over.

I'm mad as mad could be. evo gave me a refund, but I think UPS should pay for it. UPS are the ones who cause my package to get stolen, by ignoring the hold, and not transferring my package to USPS.

UPS has single handedly created the front door Theft Industry by leaving peoples packages at customers front doors. I'm thinking a Class Action Lawsuit needs to happen. When a customer pays for shipping, the shipping company needs to deliver to the customer. If the customer is not home, leave a note, not the package. UPS is greedy, they need to hire more people to handle the online shopping boom. But nope, it's cheaper, faster for UPS to drop packages at people front door then doing the right thing by keeping people packages safe.
#JUSTSAYNOTOUPS

jimd362
3/18/19

This the eighth time that I have received multiple messages from UPS for a package delivery schedule. First an email "You are scheduled for a delivery tomorrow." This followed by a four hour time frame. Without fail, then morning of delivery, I receive another email advising that the delivery time has been "Changed." This is always, of course, after I have already made plans to be available for the delivery. Then approximately 50% of the time, I get "Your Delivery is Delayed"..due to (Fill in the blank here with whatever excuse you'd like). The reliability rate for UPS in the last year has been absolutely 0%!!! Not once has a package been delivered on time, or at the designated time. This is contrasted with a few years ago when UPS was actually a much preferred package delivery resource over all other competitors. Whaaat Happened!!! But for now, my business goes elsewhere.

emmiem
3/16/19

I live at a business address and UPS as well as all mail services are terrible. Seems pretty D@@@ convenient that they say "oops" something went wrong and packages will be delayed. Yea every d@@@ time it seems to fall on a weekend but during the week I get packages early if not on time. This has happened to me more than once and the last time I am supposed to be getting vitamins, guess next time I will be getting them from Walmart at least then I get them early, because via FedEx, even though they used to deliver to the wrong address. Not to mention UPS can't even read and sometimes put packages in the wrong mail box. The box right outside the gate that is for after hour deliveries says FedEx, UPS, etc. for big packages put here.

shirleyh195
3/9/19

Several times, I've had packages delivered to access points because driver marked them as "no one at home". Twice, I have been sitting in the front yard at the same time as delivery was so-called "attempted". Other times, I would be sitting at my desk in front of a window that overlooks my front yard and road. Deliveries were not "attempted". I always call and talk to a supervisor to file a complaint. Every time, I'm told a local supervisor will call me back. That hardly ever happens and when it does, nothing is ever resolved. It always happens again!.

monikam49
2/25/19

Don't even bother to send anything with UPS. I sent something with express delivery option and they forgot to scan it to the system so the item is stuck in the wearhouse. It contains very important documents so this is such an inconvenience for me. I should have read the reviews before using them. This is the worst shipping company ever.

alannaho
2/21/19

I know UPS deliveries always have customs charges and broker charges so I was expecting the bill when I got it.

What I wasn't expecting was that I would pay the customs charges when I got my delivery notification 24 hours in advance only to have the driver refuse to give the package without payment. I was away from the house and my mother paid the charges a second time not realizing I had already done so.

When I called UPS they said it can take up to 24 hours a driver to be made aware of a payment (which is ridiculous given they we only get notified of a delivery the day before it arrives!!!).

I asked to speak with a supervisor, Edward, who said he couldn't do anything either because they can't cancel the transaction even though I called them the same day and the driver hadn't even gotten back to the office with my mother's information. He said they had to charge the card and generate an invoice, which would take 7-10 business days, and then would refund me.

I called again asking to speak with their accounting department so that they could make sure not to process the card at all but they refused to forward me because Customer Service is the "right department to speak to on this issue".

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in how this was handled. Their company made a mistake and uses some sort of archaic notification system and would not fix the mistake before it could escalate.

From what I could gather this is not an isolated incident and happens fairly often. Which is even more disappointing that they are willing to take multiple payments for one transaction, just to sit on the money, gain some interest and then refund people.

My mother and I also tried to contact both credit card companies to have one of the transactions blocked or cancelled but they said we had to call UPS. I actually called a third time and the HUNG UP on me while I was on hold!

I also contact the supplier of my product and recommended they change carriers to avoid inconveniencing future clients.

As it stands it appears I have no choice but to wait for them to refund me but you can guarantee I will be following up regularly through social media and by phone because I have lost all trust in this company.

33 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Because there is ZERO accountability at UPS and they dont care about customers or having business ethics. Answer my question if you can.(Click on my profile and see it)

By Arnav P.

Questions? Get answers from the UPS staff and other customers.

8 Photos for UPS