US Postal Service

US Postal Service has a consumer rating of 2.22 stars from 183 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. US Postal Service also ranks 51st among Shipping sites. The most common issues with US Postal Service are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 8.1%

• Buy stamps section awful.+pull the priority mail tab ( cool)

• As far as I'm concerned buying insurance from the post office is as good as throwing that money down a rat hole.
  • My package had the correct name and address on it.
How would you rate US Postal Service?

“Perseverance”

James C.
7/29/20

The Tradition is literally historical. The expectations are distinct and uncompromising. Despite all, Through multiple generations and unending challenges has persevered. No I am not a employee nor are any of my friends or loved ones. I only know that see since my childhood of eager anticipation of receiving my packages of perceived treasure. To a half century later in the Autumn of my life. The Postal Service and its men and women have come through admirably. May your proud tradition continue.

“Unauthorized $78 charge online address change”

Fatima K.
8/5/20

On June 28th I did my address change online because the moving enabled me to look for a local post office. Believing that I was paying for $1.95, an insane, unpleasant and unexpected charge of $78 was made for an. Org business which offered adding phone on no telemarketing calls, and another unnecessary service. I called demanding my refund, however it will take 7 business day for me to have my money back. I am shocked how can a business like USPS allow this kind of misleading action.

post office (44) package (83) customer service (18) 4 days (7) 2 weeks (6) 2 days (6) mail box (7) 3 days (8) priority mail (11) problem (22) united states (8) 2 hours (4)
fatimak27
August 5th, 2020
josepht545
August 13th, 2020
Unreliable, expensive frustrating. Decades of poor leadership and mismanagement have created a 3d world postal system. Express service-maybe; 2Day Priority mail- Try 2 weeks; International services- Unaffordable; Tracking capabilities- Poor; Real time contact- Not available; Transparency- None... The USPS should be converted to a corporate organization similar to UPS.
dong258
May 12th, 2020
I do business with them only because I have to, if it was up to me I would never use them for anything! Nothing is EVER delivered on time EVER! They don't even have enough common sense to update their tracking information! Maybe this is a big reason why nobody cares if they fail and close. Seems like half of them don't even deliver if its raining out. What a bunch of unorganized clowns, whoever is in charge of this mess should be fired! Time for a change!
rodneyr184
August 29th, 2020
USPS sucks! Package was supposed to be delivered Tuesday 08/25 and has been sitting in transit 1 1/2 hrs from the delivery address and it is now 08/29 at 8:45pm and still showing in transit. (Apparently not going to get it this weekend either) I currently have 4 packages "in transit" and WAY AFTER the expected delivery date. This is BS and USPS should be refunding some of their shipping charges for damn poor service.
nenam10
August 17th, 2020
I have absolutely nothing good to say about USPS. I really want to see them go out of business for the sloppy, careless handling of mail instead of getting bailed out every time with tax payers money! They have lost a bunch of my packages and misplaced my mail! It cost me a lot of money and headaches! I no longer buy from companies who use USPS as their carrier. Yikes!
melanier173
May 19th, 2020
This is just 1 of MANY. For a MONTH, moved package everywhere but where it was shipped. 7 phone calls later and lies from 3 employees, assuring it would come back to me, it was DELIVERED!(to the person that was refunded).
They hire incompetent and/or dishonest people, and this is potentially deliberate (losing packages as a business plan, as it is excessive) to increase revenue with insurance that wouldn't have otherwise been purchased.
renoc3
June 15th, 2020
The voice menu NEVER has any option that suits my needs even remotely AND there's no option to be called back when the hold time is ridiculously long as it ALWAYS is! Clearly USPS just wants to deter everyone from reaching them with their issues and doesn't respect anyone else's time WHATSOEVER. Also their change of address page is not working.
jeremiahm66
July 6th, 2020
My mail order prescription was received by my local post office in Folsom, CA July 2 at 6:43 am and still has not been delivered July 6,2020. Ridiculous. I already discontinued my Netflix DVD subscription because of poor turnaround by the post office. Lost revenue for USPS. Guess it's time to give up on mail order prescriptions as well.
kathyp624
August 28th, 2020
I contacted the post office in my area (8-28-2020) and was told my page was marked "ground". I payed over 40$ to have it sent 2-3 days. I have tracked the package. It was to go to Tampa, it ended up in Pittsburgh, left there on 8-20-20 and as of this post it is still in transit. REALLY! I could have boarded a plane for under 50$ RT and delivered the package myself. What is going on! My package was 21 lbs. The government has slowed mail delivery down to a crawl and charging ridiculous fees for poor delivery service. Find another service or deliver it yourself!
nanar9
January 13th, 2020
BAD. They are lazy and bad.

They should be embarrassed.

The delivery thing in the mailbox was too big and could not take out. It should be delivered in front of the house but they just pushed into the mailbox.

Also somebody USPS person stole my stuff. I ordered a few things while I am traveling, for about two weeks. My package and letters are gone. Nothing in the mailbox. Even no note. We called the USPS but they did not want to help at all.
davierb1
July 28th, 2020
Had two packages that left Los Angeles Facility three days ago and it takes 30 minutes to get to Long Beach by freeway and still haven't gotten my packages. Was suppose to be delivered 7/27/2020 and now it's 7/28/2020 end of the day 8:25 P. M having gotten it today either. I will be posting bad reviews everywhere online I had problems with this company in the past.
angelav213
January 6th, 2020
Service online is horrible, first wait 45 mins to get information about click-&-ship after all the wait, the agent that answered has no idea! This is the second time i call and first was not good either. I need a job and i would make 100 times better... not be informed and dont give a solution is the worse. So disappointed, B. Franklin would be shame of this institution.
hectore22
July 1st, 2020
5 stations only 2 working and line extending out the front door. When asked by another person in line they simply said the station was already logged on.
jamesf1390
February 11th, 2020
Consistently bills arive late. After sending at least 10 days in advance of due date.

Open mail consistently, most of the letters that look like a card. That might be holding a gift card, etc.

Long lines at the actual post office where over worked, stressed out, and understaffed employees work.

Where legitimate complaints about mail, packages go to die because there is absolutely no accountability or care in the world about most or all of that because of what I wrote in the last paragraph.

I would say It is a useless org but that is obviously not true. It desperately needs gov funding, more people working and better organization if it wants to stay in business.
zulieg
April 8th, 2020
Unfortunately I had a clerk who attended me with zero customer service skills; Manager next to him at that moment supported him 200%; I felt that the employee was being rewarded for his rude and disrespectful behavior. Never again will go to the Saint Cloud FL 34770 mail office.
robertm2893
June 11th, 2020
Two months late with my packages and just got delayed again! Again I say "USPS SUCKS!"! Two months late with my packages and just got delayed again! Two months late with my packages and just got delayed again!
oliviao46
April 16th, 2020
If there was 0 stars that would be this. Absolute trash humans, scum of the earth. They are a government service and honestly I am ashamed. Never ever send anything you dont want stolen through them. This is the 2nd time and they ripped my mail straight open and still delivered it. They also cut open a package and taped it back up after they gutted it.
jerryl213
April 10th, 2020
100'S OF NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON FACEBOOK. Millions of package taking over 2 weeks to deliver.My package sitting at this distribution center and tracking states in transit for 5 days. The next transit point Otisville USPS is only 31 miles away. I realized that there is a pandemic but the USPS delivered my packages in 3 days in NYC and NY State and they were harder hit. I would walk faster. Extremely poor service and a disgrace for the USPS. The USPS Postmaster in Allen Park, MI NEEDS TO BE FIRED!
trungh4
May 6th, 2020
Paid 89$ for PRIORITY but it's not moving for 3 weeks, Fedex, DHL free or standard $20 and they delivered within 15 days. REALLY USPS?.
jamesc2546
July 29th, 2020
The Tradition is literally historical.
The expectations are distinct and uncompromising.
No I am not a employee nor are any of my friends or loved ones.
The Postal Service and its men and women have come through admirably.
May your proud tradition continue.
shannond210
August 5th, 2020
They lost both my packages in less then a week and I cant even get any answer back from them on what is happen with them. Worst deliver service. No wonder why there not getting money from the government. Cant even deliver a package. Glad my money not helping them stay open.
jasonh829
September 11th, 2020
Bailouts bailouts we need another bailout so we can treat your package like! Extremely dissatisfied USPS customer
mikec1234
July 11th, 2020
I got a notification on July 6 saying that they attempted a delivery at my house at 6:34 PM... Now there's a problem with that because I was home and nobody ever Came to my door for me to sign for the package. So probably just the usual government laziness and here's the kicker for you they claimed they left a notice to inform me that if I don't claim my package at the Post office within a certain period of time they would return it to sender but there was no notice left on my door or mailbox. The main reason I'm so angry is they claim they attempted delivery at a time in which I was home.
edwinf36
April 25th, 2020
I've been tracking a first-class package I ordered from Colorado (I'm in California so only 2 states away). I've been waiting over 4 days and it seems that they've made almost no progress in getting my package to me. They sent it to a distribution center in Washington which is 2 states out of the way. I only live 2 states from where I ordered the package. Made no sense that they sent in 2 states in the opposite direction of me. Now they are saying it will be late, big surprised when they sent it in the opposite direction. It seriously seems like they have no idea what they're doing. Just ping-ponging my package around until to it someday gets to me. It's been a couple days since they've sent it to Washington and there is no update on what they're doing with it now. That's another thing, their tracking updates are very vague so you hardly even know what's going on with your stuff.

I'm sadly going to have to give the shop I ordered from a negative review for choosing to use this service to send their items considering their order came late because of it. Completely unacceptable service from this shipping company.
sandraa465
August 20th, 2020
Today I submitted my application for a passport at a local post office (Waterfront - Portland OR). The woman collecting the application was friendly and professional. She explained the process and current wait times (due to Covid-19 longer than usual). I felt at ease when I left the post office. Thank you!

Yes is a scam very thing about usps is a scam, shame on you!

By Monserrate P.
See more answers (2)

UPS is usually more expensive than USPS and fed ex is more than both of them... typically.

By Todd L.
See more answers (2)

They sell them! Seriously! Packages or bundles of multiple packages are typically auctioned off when they have been labeled as "Undeliverable" for a certain amount of time, 30-60 days I presume. Personally, I believe they sabotage any and all items they can so they won't have to deal with it & packages are intentionally marked "undeliverable" when the mail carrier is either too stupid or too lazy to get it in the recipient hands. That is my opinion that I formed from too much pointless research on USPS. BUT, The packages are really auctioned off! That is a fact, not my personal opinion.

By Jen S.

Yes. They tried to deliver your package in the UK at 1:22am.

By Steven H.

You robbed my two packages mailman from Hoe Avenue the Bronx New York 10459. I hope you get ano cancer. Thank you kindly

By Monserrate P.

WANT TO SEE PURE IGNORANCE FIRST HAND? THIS PACKAGE WAS SUPPOSED TO COME TO ME IN BATON ROUGE LA. 70809. LOOK AT THE TRACKING HISTORY AND SEE IT DID COME TO BATON ROUGE. FIRST HAND OF USPS IGNORANCE.. May 17, 2020 In Transit to Next Facility Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility. May 16, 2020, 8:49 pm Departed USPS Regional Facility LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX May 16, 2020, 8:48 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX May 16, 2020, 7:22 am Departed USPS Regional Facility LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER May 16, 2020, 12:05 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER May 14, 2020, 10:32 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility BATON ROUGE LA PROCESSING CENTER **************************************FACT-L@@K May 7, 2020, 3:04 am Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility ATLANTA GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER May 7, 2020, 1:49 am Accepted at USPS Origin Facility AVONDALE ESTATES, GA 30002 May 6, 2020, 7:38 pm Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item AVONDALE ESTATES, GA 30002 May 6, 2020 Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

By Darren D.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the US Postal Service staff and other customers.

Welcome to USPS.com. Find information on our most convenient and affordable shipping and mailing services. Use our quick tools to find locations, calculate prices, look up a Zip Code, and get Track & Confirm info.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Postal Service?

Have a question about US Postal Service?