US Postal Service

US Postal Service has a consumer rating of 2.3 stars from 167 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. US Postal Service also ranks 51st among Shipping sites. The most common issues with US Postal Service are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• Buy stamps section awful.+pull the priority mail tab ( cool)

• As far as I'm concerned buying insurance from the post office is as good as throwing that money down a rat hole.
  • my package had the correct name and address on it.
How would you rate US Postal Service?

“Perseverance”

James C.
7/29/20

The Tradition is literally historical. The expectations are distinct and uncompromising. Despite all, Through multiple generations and unending challenges has persevered. No I am not a employee nor are any of my friends or loved ones. I only know that see since my childhood of eager anticipation of receiving my packages of perceived treasure. To a half century later in the Autumn of my life. The Postal Service and its men and women have come through admirably. May your proud tradition continue.

“USELESS SHIPPER!”

Don G.
5/12/20

I do business with them only because I have to, if it was up to me I would never use them for anything! Nothing is EVER delivered on time EVER! They don't even have enough common sense to update their tracking information! Maybe this is a big reason why nobody cares if they fail and close. Seems like half of them don't even deliver if its raining out. What a bunch of unorganized clowns, whoever is in charge of this mess should be fired! Time for a change!

post office (41) package (73) customer service (18) 4 days (6) mail box (7) 2 weeks (5) 3 days (6) problem (22) united states (8) 2 hours (4) 2 days (3) priority mail (8)
dong258
May 12th, 2020
melanier173
May 19th, 2020
This is just 1 of MANY. For a MONTH, moved package everywhere but where it was shipped. 7 phone calls later and lies from 3 employees, assuring it would come back to me, it was DELIVERED!(to the person that was refunded).
They hire incompetent and/or dishonest people, and this is potentially deliberate (losing packages as a business plan, as it is excessive) to increase revenue with insurance that wouldn't have otherwise been purchased.
renoc3
June 15th, 2020
The voice menu NEVER has any option that suits my needs even remotely AND there's no option to be called back when the hold time is ridiculously long as it ALWAYS is! Clearly USPS just wants to deter everyone from reaching them with their issues and doesn't respect anyone else's time WHATSOEVER. Also their change of address page is not working.
jeremiahm66
July 6th, 2020
My mail order prescription was received by my local post office in Folsom, CA July 2 at 6:43 am and still has not been delivered July 6, 2020. Ridiculous. I already discontinued my Netflix DVD subscription because of poor turnaround by the post office. Lost revenue for USPS. Guess it's time to give up on mail order prescriptions as well.
nanar9
January 13th, 2020
BAD. They are lazy and bad.

They should be embarrassed.

The delivery thing in the mailbox was too big and could not take out. It should be delivered in front of the house but they just pushed into the mailbox.

Also somebody USPS person stole my stuff. I ordered a few things while I am traveling, for about two weeks. My package and letters are gone. Nothing in the mailbox. Even no note. We called the USPS but they did not want to help at all.
jamesc2546
July 29th, 2020
The Tradition is literally historical.
The expectations are distinct and uncompromising.
No I am not a employee nor are any of my friends or loved ones.
The Postal Service and its men and women have come through admirably.
May your proud tradition continue.
davierb1
July 28th, 2020
Had two packages that left Los Angeles Facility three days ago and it takes 30 minutes to get to Long Beach by freeway and still haven't gotten my packages. Was suppose to be delivered 7/27/2020 and now it's 7/28/2020 end of the day 8:25 P.M having gotten it today either. I will be posting bad reviews everywhere online I had problems with this company in the past.
angelav213
January 6th, 2020
Service online is horrible, first wait 45 mins to get information about click-&-ship after all the wait, the agent that answered has no idea! this is the second time i call and first was not good either. i need a job and i would make 100 times better..... not be informed and dont give a solution is the worse. so disappointed, B. Franklin would be shame of this institution.
jeffreyb697
May 17th, 2020
I was tracking a package and got concerned about the tracking info so i called the customer service number and left my callback number. They called back (earlier that they projected) and i got the most amazing customer service person. Her name is Benita, FFCN00 and she made me feel like I was the most important person she had to talk to and help.
She confirmed my information and tracking number and had an answer for me in a matter of minutes.
She was absolutly amazing!
Increased my confidence in our USPS service very much appreciated!!!
Jeff
hectore22
July 1st, 2020
5 stations only 2 working and line extending out the front door. When asked by another person in line they simply said the station was already logged on.
jamesf1390
February 11th, 2020
Consistently bills arive late..after sending at least 10 days in advance of due date.

Open mail consistently, most of the letters that look like a card..that might be holding a gift card, etc.

Long lines at the actual post office where over worked, stressed out, and understaffed employees work.

Where legitimate complaints about mail, packages go to die because there is absolutely no accountability or care in the world about most or all of that because of what I wrote in the last paragraph.

I would say It is a useless org but that is obviously not true. It desperately needs gov funding, more people working and better organization if it wants to stay in business.
zulieg
April 8th, 2020
Unfortunately I had a clerk who attended me with zero customer service skills; Manager next to him at that moment supported him 200%; I felt that the employee was being rewarded for his rude and disrespectful behavior. Never again will go to the Saint Cloud FL 34770 mail office.
robertm2893
June 11th, 2020
Two months late with my packages and just got delayed again! Again I say "USPS SUCKS!!!"! Two months late with my packages and just got delayed again! Two months late with my packages and just got delayed again!
oliviao46
April 16th, 2020
if there was 0 stars that would be this. Absolute trash humans, scum of the earth. They are a government service and honestly I am ashamed. Never ever send anything you dont want stolen through them. This is the 2nd time and they ripped my mail straight open and still delivered it. They also cut open a package and taped it back up after they gutted it.
jerryl213
April 10th, 2020
100'S OF NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON FACEBOOK. Millions of package taking over 2 weeks to deliver.My package sitting at this distribution center and tracking states in transit for 5 days. The next transit point Otisville USPS is only 31 miles away. I realized that there is a pandemic but the USPS delivered my packages in 3 days in NYC and NY State and they were harder hit. I would walk faster. Extremely poor service and a disgrace for the USPS. The USPS Postmaster in Allen Park, MI NEEDS TO BE FIRED!
trungh4
May 6th, 2020
Paid 89$ for PRIORITY but it's not moving for 3 weeks , Fedex , DHL free or standard $20 and they delivered within 15 days. REALLY USPS ?.
mikec1234
July 11th, 2020
I got a notification on July 6 saying that they attempted a delivery at my house at 6:34 PM... Now there's a problem with that because I was home and nobody ever Came to my door for me to sign for the package. So probably just the usual government laziness and here's the kicker for you they claimed they left a notice to inform me that if I don't claim my package at the Post office within a certain period of time they would return it to sender but there was no notice left on my door or mailbox. The main reason I'm so angry is they claim they attempted delivery at a time in which I was home.
edwinf36
April 25th, 2020
I've been tracking a first-class package I ordered from Colorado (I'm in California so only 2 states away). I've been waiting over 4 days and it seems that they've made almost no progress in getting my package to me. They sent it to a distribution center in Washington which is 2 states out of the way. I only live 2 states from where I ordered the package. Made no sense that they sent in 2 states in the opposite direction of me. Now they are saying it will be late, big surprised when they sent it in the opposite direction. It seriously seems like they have no idea what they're doing. Just ping-ponging my package around until to it someday gets to me. It's been a couple days since they've sent it to Washington and there is no update on what they're doing with it now. That's another thing, their tracking updates are very vague so you hardly even know what's going on with your stuff.

I'm sadly going to have to give the shop I ordered from a negative review for choosing to use this service to send their items considering their order came late because of it. Completely unacceptable service from this shipping company.
gloriah188
July 31st, 2020
I ordered stamps online from USPS and they took my money but Never sent the stamps. I have contacted them many times in the 3 months and they just say they will get back to me and NEVER do! This is a piss poor way to treat people when operating a business.
nickc299
April 1st, 2020
Two examples of how USPS helps customers:

1. Went to the PO to pick up a package. Saw no pickup window, stood line a long line, got to the counter, was sent to the other end of the floor to the "offocial package pickup window" which had no sign. Asked why they couldn't make a sign and was told, "Oh, a sign requires that someone study the request and that a committee approves it."

2. Had a package shipped to me with tracking that didn't update in two weeks. Called USPS, had the usual fight with the automated system that wants you to spend 27 minutes listening to USPS ads and not speak with a real person, then got to speak with an agent. Told her of my concern, gave her the tracking #, and she said, "Let me look into that for you!" Minutes later she comes back and says, "Sir, your tracking didn't update, I don't know why." I reply, I know, that's why I asked USPS for help with this." and got, "We can only tell you what you see yourself when YOU track." Freaking woop-de-doo.
munthera
January 5th, 2020
Some of my very important mail gets delivered to wrong address. The tracking number will say delivered and there's no prove it was delivered to me. They lost some of my government documents while tracking says delivered. I lost some packages too and all of that is because of some employees that don't take their job seriously and some are dishonest. Yesterday I had another new issue with a package was supposed to be guaranteed delivered on Saturday. I was home working on the from yard until night, then I received a massage says there was a delivery attempt. I looked into the details, they driver said that "Driveway was not accessible". Seriously? My garage door was opened all the way and I was in the front. The problem is I paid for next day delivery because I needed it for a big job that starts on Monday and it's 3 days job that needs this equipment. I really would like to see USPS either get a quality of controlled or leave business.
stevenh143
December 2nd, 2019
No true visibility tracking a parcel either sent through my business or personal. The local post office has no idea, and the automated system is hopefully improving. Hand off between UPS and USPS - UPS Sure Post takes 2 - 4 days longer with no reliable dates. Sad to say, but Amazon seems at this point to be a lot more reliable, my department is going more and more to Amazon. Perhaps someone from both USPS and UPS will read this and do something.....
gerryd50
July 14th, 2020
Seems like the Arlington Heights IL Post Office is really incompetent. For years I have had a P.O. box with them for my business. The last 2 years I started to get mail from someone else. I kept complaining about it and even spoke to the manager, Mr. Thomas. He assured me that it would be fixed. What a joke. This is a case of the Post Office keeping incompetent empoyee's in charge. I renewed my P.O. box in Feb of 2020. within 30 days of that I asked his assistant to give me a refund that I no longer wished to have a P.O. box with them since they could not rectify the problem. I never heard back from Deborah because she retired and never passed on the information or request. No surprises there. More incompetence. So, today I finally went to the Post Office in Arlington Heights and cancelled my P.O. Box. I went to the office in that building and told the new assistant what I thought about their service. She new about my situation receiving someone else's mail. She apologized like all before her and did nothing. The Arlington Heights post office has a bad reputation as being the worst post office in the area. I can confirm that is the case! The manager Mr. Thomas does not have the ability to manage anything. His superiors must also be incompetent to let this kind of reputation go on.
cami
February 26th, 2020
Horrible customer service. Does not offer help but keep transferring me to the automated system during call. The automated system does not help with my specific situation which is why I am calling them. Very useless and lazy. Does not even bother listening to my situation.
mariamac3
June 8th, 2020
If I were to get paid every time USPS lost my package, or claimed that they "delivered" my $#*!. Then I would be rich by now. You would at least expect them to leave a note, but naaaah they DON'T CARE. And that is annoying af, bruh that's my hard earned money and you should care. For without us there will be no job. 1 out of 5 is frankly too nice for a review for USPS, they will literally leave packages outside with no security and expect you to find it. Tf, if I'm not there TAKE IT BACK. It's that simple. Common sense.

Yes is a scam very thing about usps is a scam, shame on you!!!!!!

By Monserrate P.
See more answers (2)

UPS is usually more expensive than USPS and fed ex is more than both of them....typically.

By Todd L.
See more answers (2)

They sell them! Seriously! Packages or bundles of multiple packages are typically auctioned off when they have been labeled as "Undeliverable" for a certain amount of time, 30-60 days I presume. Personally, I believe they sabotage any and all items they can so they won't have to deal with it & packages are intentionally marked "undeliverable" when the mail carrier is either too stupid or too lazy to get it in the recipient hands. That is my opinion that I formed from too much pointless research on USPS. BUT, The packages are really auctioned off! That is a fact, not my personal opinion.

By Jen S.

Yes. They tried to deliver your package in the UK at 1:22am.

By Steven H.

You robbed my two packages mailman from Hoe Avenue the Bronx New York 10459. I hope you get ano cancer. Thank you kindly

By Monserrate P.

WANT TO SEE PURE IGNORANCE FIRST HAND? THIS PACKAGE WAS SUPPOSED TO COME TO ME IN BATON ROUGE LA. 70809. LOOK AT THE TRACKING HISTORY AND SEE IT DID COME TO BATON ROUGE. FIRST HAND OF USPS IGNORANCE.. May 17, 2020 In Transit to Next Facility Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility. May 16, 2020, 8:49 pm Departed USPS Regional Facility LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX May 16, 2020, 8:48 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX May 16, 2020, 7:22 am Departed USPS Regional Facility LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER May 16, 2020, 12:05 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER May 14, 2020, 10:32 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility BATON ROUGE LA PROCESSING CENTER **************************************FACT-L@@K May 7, 2020, 3:04 am Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility ATLANTA GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER May 7, 2020, 1:49 am Accepted at USPS Origin Facility AVONDALE ESTATES, GA 30002 May 6, 2020, 7:38 pm Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item AVONDALE ESTATES, GA 30002 May 6, 2020 Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

By Darren D.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the US Postal Service staff and other customers.

Welcome to USPS.com. Find information on our most convenient and affordable shipping and mailing services. Use our quick tools to find locations, calculate prices, look up a Zip Code, and get Track & Confirm info.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Postal Service?

Have a question about US Postal Service?