Review of USPS.com

Tel: +1-800-610-8734
mncsc@usps.com

johnl1134
5/9/19

Love they're products services and the price they charge. By far they superced UPS and FED EX. Fed ex made no effort to ship a package nor reach the shipper to fix it. I had too. Use the post office I promise you wont be disappointed. And if they should make a mistake they will be reasonable to rectify the problem.

stevenh504
4/17/19

April 2019 a company shipped a car part to me in Kissimmee, Florida. I have rented a holiday villa for 2 weeks. The villa is in a quiet residential road, Wellington Loop. The tracking showed that the postman had not delivered the package because the address was a " vacation home". The package was returned to Miami to the sender. Before this happened I telephoned the 800 number and requested the package be held at the local post office for collection. 3 days later I called at the post office to collect my package. I wax told this couldn't happen and the package was on its way to Miami. The supervisor stated that their local policy was to not deliver to a vacation address. I said that I had asked for the package to be held for my collection. The supervisor shrugged and said that that couldn't happen.
So USPS has breached their contract, they were paid by the sender to deliver a package, they have decided not to and to return HD package to the sender, who does not receive a refund.
I am disgusted by the actions of the USPS.

monserratep
4/7/19

On April 3 2019, I was expecting a package from eBay seller J&M Estate Service the package was never delivered in my mailbox but the USPS claimed it was delivered that day but where? Not in my mailbox. I contacted eBay, seller J&M State Service and the USPS but none of them are doing anything to solve the problem. But the worst of the worst is the USPS because they just stick the mail and packages in any mailbox with out looking for names and apartments numbers. I have had lose two packages because of the poor job USPS does. America we have to speak out, I have lose more money on lose packages than on anything else. USPS you should be shame of your less than poor administration and your employees poor doing. Sincerely MP By the way my zip code is 10459 Bronx NY

jens269
3/21/19

God help you if you ever have a problem with the United States Postal Service. I've been having an ongoing problem with them for 6 months now. The problem stems from my regular mail carrier leaving. Instead of putting a carrier on my route permanently they've decided it's best to dump this large route on other carriers, in addition to the daily schedule these mail carriers already have. So, I have numerous mailmen fulfilling my area weekly and they are the angriest, most disgruntled group of men that clearly DESPISE their job. I've made 25+ pickup requests online. I received a confirmation letter on all of them, so they weren't voided or incomplete, the post office system recognized and accepted all of them. All but one of the mailmen that alternate through here won't acknowledge my requests, never. Even if I leave a one of my whooping 7oz packages in the mailbox for them to simply grab. The one nice carrier that only comes once or twice every 2 weeks is incredible. He has helped me understand I'm not losing my mind, they are in fact A-holes. Then he explained the issue with them getting all this extra work. I guess I'd be upset too, but I wouldn't take it out on the postal customer. I never request pickups for anything large. The largest will be less than a pound. That's obviously not too much for them to handle. When I ran after one of them a few months back, thinking he "just forgot" my package he literally tried to run from me, but didn't turn the wheel hard enough and came 6 inches from bashing me with the truck mirror. I was in shock & shaking and barely ask him if he could please take my tiny box, he said, "We don't do pickup requests in apartments!" I replied, "I've lived in 3 apartment buildings the past 6 years and they've always picked them up. I've never heard that ever. Can you at least take this one?" This was his response.. "Well obviously they cared about their job and NO!" He sped off. I'm totally serious about this. He sped off leaving me in the dust with my package! LOL! That's INSANE! I had asked his name after he almost smashed into me and he said, "Jarred!" I doubt that was his real name. Well, I've contacted usps 4 times now 1 by phone & 3 by email. If you call, expect to be on the phone for about 2 hours. Seriously. I keep contacting them to request a permenant carrier. I can bribe a single carrier with gift cards & refreshments, I can't afford to do it to the 10 non working ones I have now. They only responded to one out of the 4 cases I started and they talked about discipline not hiring someone. Don't discipline, just hire! I used to walk to my local post office 1.4 miles from my home, but I've had back surgery and can barely walk to the bathroom let alone a mile and a half. That's where the closes mailbox is too and I don't drive. I had to stop selling on my favorite buy/sell apps because these carriers are too angry to do their jobs. I thought when I pay the postage fee the post office services were included in that payment, even pickup requests. If ANYONE with common sense from usps ends up seeing this.. HELP ME!! I had no clue government workers could act like this with no reporcussions. I'm blown away. People, APPRECIATE your mailman/woman if they are good to you! Tip them, gift them, to show your appreciation. I'm going to spoil the F out of the regular carrier I'm crossing my fingers for. From my experience I think they work much harder than what we give them credit for. I'm sure they deal with a bunch of nonsense from people on their route, co-workers & their clueless supervisors. And I say, "CLUELESS!" because I live in a HUGE apartment complex with numerous buildings and, somewhere there is a idiot supervisor who thinks adding that huge task to someone's already full route is acceptable. After almost 7 months now there is no excuse for not having someone permanently here. Anyone having problems with usps, I totally feel your pain. They could care less about you and your problem. These poor excuses for customer service workers that answer the emails & phone calls are evil. They know your upset and will do what they can to make it worse. Try to avoid any contact with usps. You'll save your sanity, blood pressure & possible anger management classes if you avoid them. The truly sad thing is, I'm not kidding.

ashb19
3/8/19

Everything always comes late or not at all! Today was especially frustrating because now I am getting the slips of paper that tell me to pick my package up at the post office! I am an online student, and home all day. I also have the ring app which allows me to see people who come up to my door. I went through every single alert, and the mail carrier DID NOT walk up to my door and attempt to deliver it. I expressed my annoyance to the lady working there, and she just shrugged her shoulders and continued her conversation with the other lady working at the counter. Super disappointed.

alexandras94
3/7/19

I ordered 5 products, which it was supposed to arrive in 2-3 business days! And that was on December, we are now on March. Received one reply basically saying "were sorry". And obviously never got the product or a refund! DONT CHOOSE USPS!!!!!!!!!!

lynnt36
2/19/19

I received a damaged and opened package, which they then tapped shut. I took it to the post office that same day and refuse delivery. The clerk took it and suggested the company I ordered it from damaged it! Hmmm, why would your company accept it that way??? And of course they wouldn't give me a receipt, unlike USP's honesty and efficiency. Trying to resolve it is very time consuming, difficult, and frustrating. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company as much as possible!

michelem98
12/20/18

There are definite benefits to the site. Being able to order priority mail supplies free and have them delivered is fantastic because not all sizes and types or packaging are available at the post office. You can also see the full selection of postage - but I was shocked that I had to pay postage to have that shipped. I mean, $1.25? Why?
But if you are looking to handle issues? It's a little spotty on navigation and functionality.

raymondc137
12/18/18

I mailed a registered letter with important documents in it on the 29 Nov and as of today the 18 Dec it is nowhere to be found. After numerous calls and a hundred emails all I am getting is the run around. I am told to go to this number and that email and that service and when I do they send me back. NOBODY seems to want to take responsibility or even bother their head to look into it in the first place! Now I have to put a claim in and the outcome of that itself is uncertain!! Astonishing!!!
NEVER AGAIN.
I would give no star at all if the site would allow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rpre
12/10/18

I have a few packages that I for the life of me just can't receive from this postal company. I am seeing the status saying these items are delivered to the POST OFFICE yet when go to pick up item, ITEMS are NOT in the mail box & NEITHER WAS IT GIVEN AT THE DESK!!!!

I NEED MY ITEMS ASAP!!!

I tried calling their phone number and not a $#*! am I getting through! Emailing is another big problem cause I can't get an email address to contact company!!

I messaged them on facebook, however, got a response and I felt like I was actually getting somewhere, BUT when went and picked up item, 2 items was found and 3 are still MISSING!!!!

Tried messaging them yet again on facebook, and I yet to get a response!!

I NEED MY ITEMS AND I NEED THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!
I WANT THEM SHIPPED TO ANOTHER POST BOX!!!!!!

anthonyr261
10/9/18

I know yesterday was a holiday 10/8/18 but on Friday and Saturday morning I mailed out packages and I just get a notification today it just left my post office today 10/9/18. Absolutely disgraceful, nobody works? 10 packages sent out and 1 is still not scanned an absolute joke!!!

js460
8/8/18

While things happen in the mail, I think service is great. I have gone to many locations in many states and have encountered a lot of knowledgeable, nice, and efficient workers. Thank you for keeping the country moving.

jimm624
7/13/18

Paid $64 for overnight mail. The carrier didn't leave the package although no signature was required. Call to customer service wait time was 1 1/4 hours!!!

uspss
7/4/18

like others are saying ive had the same problems. delayed packages and problems with the rude workers, etc.
actually had an employee refuse a picked up shipment from me one time because it weighed one ounce (1/16 ) of a pound less than the label said it did. i had to pay again for another label which was the SAME cost..disgruntled employees at best.
also, my local post office just sucks. sometimes they hold my priority packages for 1-3 days before they send them out. how are they even allowed to do this ?

samaa3
6/24/18

PLEASE go with #USPS on Tweeter, Instagram, and Facebook to publicly talk about your experiences. Then, contact your state senators to follow up on your cases. They will offer you free lawyer to take your rights. Never stop fighting for your rights.Otherwise, they will continue stealing your belongings.
USPS stole a 45 lb package that I mailed from their office in NY. There were 60 different items in my package. The status says that my package is in the mail recovery center. I have talked to 20 different supervisor and manager. Talked to mail recovery center (dead mail) supervisor more than 10 times. Went there is person. asked for security camera check. Submitted 8 missing mail requests with all the information, brand, color, size, picture of each item and document. The only thing I kept hearing was that they were going to sell my stuff in an auction soon! They could not find my package because they stole it. They did not offer me an insurance in the office when I was mailing my package. Never said they would not compensate me if any thing goes wrong with my uninsured package. Now, they are hiding behind their internally hidden regulation for not giving me a cent. Thieves. God damn you and your corporation thieves.

dianned46
5/30/18

I special ordered a product, have been anticipating it's arrival. The day the package was sched. to arr., I go to the mailbox disappointed bc I have all of my neighbors mail. I check the tracking and it says "unable to deliver". After going through it with the post office, I get an excuse that the carrier THOUGHT my residence was vacant and my packages are in their forwarding facility and I will receive them according to how busy they are. Mind you, there are 2 houses across from me that are vacant, the only similarities in the addresses is the first number. It's been over a month and still nothing!!! I'm so annoyed and frustrated that I paid for my products and don't have them because of their negligence!

anjelf
5/11/18

USPS seems to be in the news non stop for theft. Piss poor service, scammers, management from hell, employees with criminal backgrounds.

harryh43
5/10/18

i only use USPS when I absolutely have to. Tracking is useless and late, with only 3 exceptions in multiple states, customer service and the understanding of the concept is nonexistent, and in my home area delivery is highly unreliable. More than once it's taken my business envelope mail to get across town about 5 days, no exaggeration. My go-to's are ups and fedex.

veec4
5/2/18

I ordered from a site with two day shipping on March 31st . They shipped my package in two days as promised and the package began moving in went from California to Florida ( the state I shipped it to) and has been trapped there since April 5th . I have not received an update from usps since. Its been 4 days shy of a month and well past the time I needed the clothes by and I am yet to get any information. Every time usps ships my package something happens to it . This service is garbage, if you have to ship something please use another service if possible.

alfonsb2
5/1/18

What can I say? USPS is a rock. They're always their, perfect tracking, on-time delivery, and reasonable prices. I hope they are always there for us.

robertl324
1,157 helpful votes
3/9/18

As far as I'm concerned buying insurance from the post office is as good as throwing that money down a rat hole. Proof - with a capitol P - is the key, the problem, and the hidden lie. They pay nothing, Zero, unless you can prove not only what you send is actually in the box, but it's Actual Worth; NOT what you insured it for. They just love ppl who buy the larger amount thinking that's what they will get in case of loss. Of course all this is hidden in the fine print that's not even on the little cards you fill out there. Unless you really dig, or read this review first, you find out After you file a claim you've bought nothing but a sham.
The runaround starts immediately with the typical City Hall Stall, then goes to You having to prove that you Did fulfill all the requirements. Then you have to prove what was in the box..better be well prepared for That. If it's something personal - no matter it's worth - you're sol. Pix and a lawyer might get you somewhere, if it's worth that, but store receipts are all they recognize outside of court. replacement value, Proven, is it, and any other worth/loss will not even be considered no matter how at fault they are.
There is a secondary problem, the delivery person. Once it's "delivered" all else is off, no matter whether you, or who you sent to, gets the package or not. Carelessness doesn't enter into it. Seems that's allowed as mater of course. Thinking your postman would simply put a package behind the stairs, directly under the mail box, where it's out of sight from the sidewalk only six feet away, didn't work for me.
Instead a box with $740 worth of jewelry materials was dropped in front of another address, in the opposite direction, and it was stolen. When I went to file the claim they simply said it was delivered, SOL.
I got the whole story days later when another neighbor, two buildings down, came to me with the box. It was in his trash with the few pieces left that made him suspicious. Talking this around when the police were there other residents said they'd seen the box, and thought how stupid it was being out in plain sight in New Orleans! Back to the post office with this, police report and all, they just shrugged.. So what.
It was then I find out that I couldn't have collected Anyway, because if there is any Other insurance, like from a sender, they won't pay on That account. No matter who's fault they don't pay, period.
My advice is to use another carrier, the extra expense..if there even is any..paid for by the insurance you did Not buy from the post office.

dianal74
12/12/17

my package had the correct name and address on it. when checking the tracking number at USPS said it was delivered to my mailbox. which I have a LOCKED mailbox. my package was not in it. calling the local post office the next day waited an hour on hold then I was told the mail carrier on my route was not in. they were really rude and could care less about finding my package it was no big deal to them. I filled a lost package online and tried calling USPS main headquarters only to not be able to get through the menu plays over and over again and you can not push a selection. useless. if your package is not insured then what ever happens to it is anybody's guess. with that kind of service the USPS should be free.

carolinem60
11/27/17

My packing has been On its was to the destination for 10 days!! I contact them by email. No reply. I contacted the on twitter 3 hours ago, they have completely and blatantly ignored me, sent 39 tweets to other customers. Theyve lost my package and are hiding!! Absolute cowards and discusting customer service!!

Tracking - LS106753298CN

ashj5
11/9/17

Its the worst service ever. I had to send some documents and didnot know even after 15 days I will be disappointed to hear that the international package hasnt reached the destination.
There were just 4 A4 sized documents.
I hate their service and will never use USPS again!

jamiem139
10/29/17

Worst customer service. They have lost several of my packages. I got a letter that was ripped open and I asked nicely several times for them to deliver to my door step and was refused because I'm not disabled or elderly.

33 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Is there a cheapest alternative to USPS when sending to Eastern Europe ?

By Oliver S.

They sell them! Seriously! Packages or bundles of multiple packages are typically auctioned off when they have been labeled as "Undeliverable" for a certain amount of time, 30-60 days I presume. Personally, I believe they sabotage any and all items they can so they won't have to deal with it & packages are intentionally marked "undeliverable" when the mail carrier is either too stupid or too lazy to get it in the recipient hands. That is my opinion that I formed from too much pointless research on USPS. BUT, The packages are really auctioned off! That is a fact, not my personal opinion.

By Jen S.

Yes. They tried to deliver your package in the UK at 1:22am.

By Steven H.

Yes is a scam very thing about usps is a scam, shame on you!!!!!!

By Monserrate P.

You robbed my two packages mailman from Hoe Avenue the Bronx New York 10459. I hope you get ano cancer. Thank you kindly

By Monserrate P.

Questions? Get answers from the USPS.com staff and other customers.

1 Photo for USPS.com