Review of TravelSmith

Tel: 800-770-3387
service@travelsmith.com

eda30
8/13/15

To be succinct, they need to revamp their shipping fees. With Amazon, Macy's, etc. allowing free or free with minimum purchase, Travelsmith makes more money on shipping than product mark ups. (Not quite, but a $40 item and shipping $8.00 is out of line)

pamk8
6/5/15

i am at least a twice monthly orderer from TS. Their clothes are pretty good usually (although overpriced). However, in the past several months, I have found their promos and discounts to be confusing and frequently plain don't work. In these cases, their chat is useless to the point of insulting, and their overall customer service is below average. I've gone from a frequent customer to requesting to be removed from their mailing list. I'm done with TS after months of hassles. There are many other fish in the sea!

alanr32
4/9/15

TravelSmith failed in four separate instances on an order, product return, and product replacement. They wasted literally hours of my time, and I never received merchandise, and it was seasonal and I had counted on receiving it to use during that time of year (winter). They never contacted me to tell me an item was out of stock (which I ordered over the phone, and the rep never said it was out of stock), or that they were issuing a refund on the entire order instead of sending the other item I had ordered. They just did what they did without even attempting to get in touch with me, let alone to ask me how I might like to proceed. When I pointed out all of the errors they had made and their complete failure to get in touch with me at any point, their response was basically, "too bad." I will never shop with them again.

marianc7
3/17/15

I love to shop at TravelSmith.com. They offer great sales pretty much all of the time. I've never bought anything there at full price. The quality of their clothing is outstanding. Their customer service is among the best you can find anywhere. They go out of their way to help you. TravelSmith.com delivers on time and to your door. If you want or need to return something, they are easy to work with. It's wonderful to find a store with a real dedication to customer service. It helps me shop with confidence.

zoec12
2/27/15

Went to order on-line and they had free shipping for orders of $50. I had $100 for two items. I wanted expedited shipping. First they charge $8.00 extra for EACH item. Then when I selected this method for both and went to check out the shipping was $27.95. I called customer service and they said when you select expedited shipping it adds onto the regular shipping, so there is not free shipping this way. Can they not see how stupid this is??
I did not order.

sandras62
2/2/15

The customer service on TravelSmith is insultingly poor. For example, the site advertised "Free shipping today" and then when I went to finish up an order found a $17. shipping charge. After "chatting" with customer service, I was told the promotion was no longer available. This was at 1:30pm. I cancelled my $200.+ order.

In general the clothes are rather tacky though there are some useful accessories. I won't be shopping there again and would not recommend the site.

mw111
12/16/14

I have used TS for years but their sizing is getting out of whack. Of the 6 items I purchased Dec 2014, all the same size, only two fit. two sweaters and two miller sweaters went back. The shirts, XL fit like a medium and had shirt tails that were barely belt level and skinny arms. Weird, the two Me rhino sweaters were Ben worse. All were Cinese made, but the 4were cheap Chinese clothing and not worth the postage.

bridgetg
9/28/13

They have clothing designed for travel. However, much of it is not suitable for the way I travel, which is low budget. I don't have much use, for example, for nice dresses,suit jackets, or fancy shawls. It seems like that in recent years they are catering more to business/cruise/high-end travelers. I used to find more practical clothes that were easy to wash in a hotel sink. I still occasionally find something I can use, though. Their quality is generally good although occasionally fabric is kind of unpleasant-feeling. They're very good about returns.

There's a place run by those gals on "Orange is the new black" that might broker out a sale for you.

By Jayne D.

You can return at anytime. There is no time limit for returns or exchanges.

By Tami A., TravelSmith Representative

Helpful answer -2

I hope they notified you via email and you still have it. Have you tried calling them? If not do so and if person you get connected to won't help cause she can't have her connect you to a manager. Good luck Oh and your probly irritated but if you talk to then nicely rather than angry your apt to get results. Terri

By Terri S.
Questions? Get answers from the TravelSmith staff and other customers.

TravelSmith?