Review of TravelSmith

Tel: 800-770-3387
service@travelsmith.com

rd52
9/7/15

Rated leggings on site as 1 star because they were hair and lint magnets and pilled instantly. Travelsmith published my review, but overnight went from 20 other ratings to 42. Guessing that they are generating their own ratings to counter the effects of negative ratings. Cannot believe that product with such awful quality issues was overwhelmingly considered great by so many others, unless I believe that other consumers have unbelievably low standards.

mariaa76
9/4/15

Customer service will not work with longtime loyal customers regarding their enormous shipping rates. I recently spent over the course of two months, over $2500 With travel Smith. This was Through various orders. They had sent me coupons as a thank you on future free shipping or 20% off. Having misplaced these coupons, and trying to make another purchase, I called customer service and asked for the courtesy of the free shipping in addition to the promo code of an additional 15% off. After speaking with three customer service managers, no one would do the courtesy of their free shipping. They're shipping charges if you shop there are exorbitant! I have had no problem paying shipping on my previous orders. I asked them to check my order history to show that I don't have a problem paying shipping. I just wanted this courtesy extended to me because I had had the coupons and missed placed them. I was fully aware of what their policy is. Travel Smith was willing to lose one of their top customers because of the shipping. I will never shop at travel Smith again. I notified them I wanted to be off their mailing list and want no further emails or communications. They also stopped their relationship with eEbates.com Which is another huge mistake. I don't think travel Smith will be around too much longer. I spend a lot of money on online shopping. And they just don't have what it takes! Do not shop at travelSmith!

dianas46
9/2/15

Extremely disappointed in their customer service. I returned a shipment of clothes four weeks ago worth $267. They've only refunded me $26. When calling customer service they tell me it will be four days until they can get back to me with their investigation. I smell something very sour.

chetl3
8/30/15

When the jacket arrived, it was not suitable. Although all their ads proclaim "100% Guarantee" and "Free Exchanges" that does NOT include returns. TravelSmith charged me $11.95 just to send me the jacket via VERY SLOW mail, then charged me another $6.95 to return it. An "exchange" is not the same as a "return" under their policy. I have no idea what their "100% Guarantee" is guaranteeing. Close to $20 for a service LL Bean and others provide for free.

eda30
8/13/15

To be succinct, they need to revamp their shipping fees. With Amazon, Macy's, etc. allowing free or free with minimum purchase, Travelsmith makes more money on shipping than product mark ups. (Not quite, but a $40 item and shipping $8.00 is out of line)

pamk8
6/5/15

i am at least a twice monthly orderer from TS. Their clothes are pretty good usually (although overpriced). However, in the past several months, I have found their promos and discounts to be confusing and frequently plain don't work. In these cases, their chat is useless to the point of insulting, and their overall customer service is below average. I've gone from a frequent customer to requesting to be removed from their mailing list. I'm done with TS after months of hassles. There are many other fish in the sea!

alanr32
4/9/15

TravelSmith failed in four separate instances on an order, product return, and product replacement. They wasted literally hours of my time, and I never received merchandise, and it was seasonal and I had counted on receiving it to use during that time of year (winter). They never contacted me to tell me an item was out of stock (which I ordered over the phone, and the rep never said it was out of stock), or that they were issuing a refund on the entire order instead of sending the other item I had ordered. They just did what they did without even attempting to get in touch with me, let alone to ask me how I might like to proceed. When I pointed out all of the errors they had made and their complete failure to get in touch with me at any point, their response was basically, "too bad." I will never shop with them again.

marianc7
3/17/15

I love to shop at TravelSmith.com. They offer great sales pretty much all of the time. I've never bought anything there at full price. The quality of their clothing is outstanding. Their customer service is among the best you can find anywhere. They go out of their way to help you. TravelSmith.com delivers on time and to your door. If you want or need to return something, they are easy to work with. It's wonderful to find a store with a real dedication to customer service. It helps me shop with confidence.

zoec12
2/27/15

Went to order on-line and they had free shipping for orders of $50. I had $100 for two items. I wanted expedited shipping. First they charge $8.00 extra for EACH item. Then when I selected this method for both and went to check out the shipping was $27.95. I called customer service and they said when you select expedited shipping it adds onto the regular shipping, so there is not free shipping this way. Can they not see how stupid this is??
I did not order.

sandras62
2/2/15

The customer service on TravelSmith is insultingly poor. For example, the site advertised "Free shipping today" and then when I went to finish up an order found a $17. shipping charge. After "chatting" with customer service, I was told the promotion was no longer available. This was at 1:30pm. I cancelled my $200.+ order.

In general the clothes are rather tacky though there are some useful accessories. I won't be shopping there again and would not recommend the site.

mw111
12/16/14

I have used TS for years but their sizing is getting out of whack. Of the 6 items I purchased Dec 2014, all the same size, only two fit. two sweaters and two miller sweaters went back. The shirts, XL fit like a medium and had shirt tails that were barely belt level and skinny arms. Weird, the two Me rhino sweaters were Ben worse. All were Cinese made, but the 4were cheap Chinese clothing and not worth the postage.

bridgetg
9/28/13

They have clothing designed for travel. However, much of it is not suitable for the way I travel, which is low budget. I don't have much use, for example, for nice dresses,suit jackets, or fancy shawls. It seems like that in recent years they are catering more to business/cruise/high-end travelers. I used to find more practical clothes that were easy to wash in a hotel sink. I still occasionally find something I can use, though. Their quality is generally good although occasionally fabric is kind of unpleasant-feeling. They're very good about returns.

There's a place run by those gals on "Orange is the new black" that might broker out a sale for you.

By Jayne D.

You can return at anytime. There is no time limit for returns or exchanges.

By Tami A., TravelSmith Representative

Helpful answer -2

I hope they notified you via email and you still have it. Have you tried calling them? If not do so and if person you get connected to won't help cause she can't have her connect you to a manager. Good luck Oh and your probly irritated but if you talk to then nicely rather than angry your apt to get results. Terri

By Terri S.
Questions? Get answers from the TravelSmith staff and other customers.

1 Photo for TravelSmith