TravelSmith

TravelSmith has a consumer rating of 1.63 stars from 86 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about TravelSmith most frequently mention customer service, free shipping and mailing list problems. TravelSmith ranks 51st among Outdoor Clothing sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 27.3%

No positive highlights yet

• I called customer service to request a waiver and they refused.
How would you rate TravelSmith?

“No complaints here”

Meredith R.
2/23/20

I have never had any problems with the quality of clothes ordered from Travelsmith or with receiving my items as expected. I just went to look at the website today & find it closed. It says "temporarily", but is that true? Sad. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Just before & during the recession, clothing companies started folding & stopped sending out catalogs.

“Dress is such a heavy fabric”

Carol H.
7/20/20

The travel dress did not wrinkle much, as described. But, it was such a heavy fabric that I think it is uncomfortable. It also clings to me. I wish it could have been a light weight fabric that did not wrinkle, It is easy to roll up and pack but it is still heavier than other dresses. Well, it is ok for travel in some ways but not what I prefer otherwise.

customer service (27)
janek159
January 3rd, 2020
I am going to go to Japan in March and hoped to order from Travel Smith. They used to be a VERY good and reliable company. I gather they are going out of business or have already done so, since the website is no longer operational. These negative recent comments that I'm seeing posted confirms my suspicions. That's too bad!
robinl390
November 1st, 2020
According to the tracking information on their order confirmation, my order should have been here yesterday. Now there isn't any information. According to their reps., it is now tomorrow. Probably tomorrow, it will be another day. I can't even cancel the order because it has been shipped and charged to my credit card. Another fly by night company. $200 of masks flushed down the toilet if Discover can't get my money back. Their website says 3--5 days for delivery to Eastern time zone. The order was placed 10/16//2020.
meredithr41
February 23rd, 2020
barbarar632
December 3rd, 2019
Ordered $85 worth of clothing. After 3 weeks never received. After spending one hour on the phone with three levels of people I was finally promised a refund by a supervisor. This did not happen. My instincts tell me they are not longer trustworthy. I wonder if this is a scam. Do they have new owners who are now unscrupulous? Are they going out of business. Years ago I would have highly recommended them. Now I say caution stay away!
carolh755
July 20th, 2020
bridgetg
September 28th, 2013
They have clothing designed for travel. However, much of it is not suitable for the way I travel, which is low budget. I don't have much use, for example, for nice dresses, suit jackets, or fancy shawls. It seems like that in recent years they are catering more to business/cruise/high-end travelers. I used to find more practical clothes that were easy to wash in a hotel sink. I still occasionally find something I can use, though. Their quality is generally good although occasionally fabric is kind of unpleasant-feeling. They're very good about returns.
gwendolynb43
March 1st, 2020
This is a bunch of bull$#*!. Planted negative whatever. They were bought out, cleaned out, and now gone. A practice that has decimated so many many companies. Disgusted. Again. But there's nothing we can do. The 1% have all the say and we have to live with it. Their day is not long. Soon...
jamest1012
April 6th, 2020
Travelsmith advertised a sale on travel underwear, similar in appearance to some I had purchased from them several years ago. The price looked good (too good to be true, it turned out), and I was also a little disappointed at the high price of "P&H" for an item so light in weight and NON-fragile.
I brought the underwear with me on a trip abroad and discovered on second wearing that the elastic in the leg holes was too weak to close the garment around my legs. This was a different fit and performance of the items they used to sell.
When I got home from the trip, I intended to return them for refund or exchange. I found the packing slip for the items to discover that my purchase was All sales final, that is, "No return or exchanges accepted" and FURTHERMORE, they added insult to injury with the phrase "This message supersedes the return instructions printed on the back"!
Needless to say I am not only disappointed in the DIMINISHED quality of the merchandise, but also disappointed with the SOUR quality of their customer service policy.
sandyj105
March 4th, 2020
I have blouses from Travelsmith (made in the USA) that I bought more than 25 years ago and they are still perfectly wearable. Fast forward to the 2000s when manufacturing transferred to China. Result: poor sizing, inferior material, seams frayed after the first wash, luggage so flimsy it lasted just one trip! I complained but TravelSmith took no notice -- until I wrote a negative review and they refused to publish it! That's when I realized that this company, once the leader of quality travel wear, was in deep trouble and I stopped shopping with them. I guess I was not alone. I miss the old TravelSmith -- but the new version: good riddance!
pollys36
February 4th, 2020
I have been a fan of Travelsmith for years. I not only enjoyed the quality and color selection of their merchandise, it was a pleasure to get so many compliments from both friends AND total strangers.
The past few years there has been a steady decline in merchandise quality, selection and fit. Things are not lasting and it is extremely disappointing.
tobym59
December 21st, 2019
I've been ordering from Travel Smith for years and just a few days ago received the 3 skirts I ordered - all just perfect and well-made - and received within a few days of purchase. My skirts made it through the washing machine with no problems. I hung 2 to dry and one took a trip in the dryer and came out ready to party. I'm having a difficult time understanding all these negative reviews. What's going on here?
carolp423
February 12th, 2020
The product was great and the service was great - until they moved to the east coast.
After the move the product was mostly the same, there were very few sales to make purchasing worthwhile and the c uh stoner service became nonexistent,
To bad, so sad!
ralphm332
January 24th, 2021
I don't know how I got on their mailing list, but Travelsmith spams you with emails every day. I clicked to unsubscribe, and their site said it takes 4 to 6 weeks to be taken off their mailing list. That's absurd. Their spam-emails keep coming and coming.
lynnem171
November 16th, 2020
I had been a fan of TravelSmith for many years. Loved the styles, fabric and sizing and found prices reasonable especially if I picked up something on sale! Then came the news that TravelSmith was going out of business which was a huge disappointment. You can imagine my delight when I started receiving emails once again from TravelSmith. However after placing an order my delight was short-lived when one item arrived with the North Style label and the other with a Magellan's label. Neither met my expectations and while I wear one top in the house the other went straight to the Red Cross. Sorry TravelSmith but until you return to your previous styles and quality, you have lost me as a customer.
janw166
November 2nd, 2018
I really like the catalog items but won't order again because delivery is painfully slow. Their shipping costs are high enough to warrant better customer service.
bonniec181
December 8th, 2019
I order one size and Travelsmith sent me the wrong size. I sent them pictures of my order, packing slip and label inside the clothing and sent it to them asking for the correct size I ordered. It's been 5 days and they have not responded to multiple emails; when I call, their customer service tells me they cannot help, I have to send an email. Travelsmith is not living up to its advertised customer service standards so beware of ordering an item in one size and receiving the wrong size - then being blatantly ignored. I'm going to dispute the charge
susanp609
October 24th, 2019
I used to buy from them years ago. I found a pair of pants I liked but notice they have a banner at the top of their website announcing a no-return policy - for ALL merchandise, not just sale merchandise. Bizarre. Seems like a good sales-prevention strategy. I wonder if they're going out of business. (Googling that question brought me to this website. Based on the reviews here I know to stay away...)

Tip for consumers:
Avoid.

Products used:
None.

lindab1443
November 14th, 2019
Used to be a great clothing company. Not anymore. Their sizing chart is WAY OFF THE CHARTS. Ordered the Foxcroft stand collar women's shirt in cranberry. They were asking $89. Finally offered 50% off. They put white buttons on a cranberry shirt for $89. I ordered Size 16 and it fits me. Also ordered the Boyfriend Turtleneck in black, Size 16-18 - the measurements seemed to fit mine - BUT, the XL would fit a woman who weighs 300 lbs. It's voluminous! See pictures below. I will never buy from TravelSmith again. I hope they go out of business as I cannot exchange the black boyfriend sweater for a Medium - which is the size that would fit me. Unscrupulous business.
catherined224
March 2nd, 2020
Travel Smith only has the highest quality clothing. When I buy something from them I keep it for 20 years. If I have ever had to return an item there is never a problem. I only shopped at Coldwater Creek and Travel Smith. But now that Coldwater Creek is closed I only shop with Travel Smith. Something is fishy about these reviews. Don't believe them.
melissas119
March 16th, 2016
This is a great company. If you ever have to return something, they are quick to refund. I recently purchased something from their competitor, Magellans, which I returned and it took 2 phone calls and six weeks before I saw the credit even though I had tracking information and a signature. Never again. I will always buy from Travelsmith for this type of merchandise.
victoriah168
November 23rd, 2019
RIDICULOUS SCAM COMPANY! Don't send them a penny, they are NOT honorable!
We ordered some pants and liked them, so we ordered two more pair - same size, same style, same product. They sent two pair MUCH BIGGER... huge! So when I called to return the bad ones they said "No returns"! THEY SENT THE WRONG PRODUCT AND NOW WON'T RETURN THE MONEY!
jh570
April 19th, 2019
Took about 10 days to get my order after placing it. Order says "FedEx" but it's really the U.S. Postal Services. Cost was $22 to ship stuff to me. Return to ship back to them is $7.50. Far far far too expensive to shop online. I am only keeping one thing out of an order of 6 items. Quality of a jacket is paperthin and see through. Cardigan is much too larger even in my original size. Tops were supposed to be "reversible" but they're really just pinned at the bustline so it gives the "illusion" it is a v-neck. Material was too clingy. Would not order from here again and I am afraid that pants I DID keep are going to be collecting things because they are very staticy. Forget it.
frankp277
April 11th, 2019
Bought wife a gift cert for birthday. Not emailed despite calling to verify order. Then called customer service. Non English speaking useless help. Called ba k next day, given big apology line and a 25% off for issue, but when went to order discount not good for many items. After reading these other reviews I guess they don't seem to care.
marianc7
March 17th, 2015
I love to shop at TravelSmith.com. They offer great sales pretty much all of the time. I've never bought anything there at full price. The quality of their clothing is outstanding. Their customer service is among the best you can find anywhere. They go out of their way to help you. TravelSmith.com delivers on time and to your door. If you want or need to return something, they are easy to work with. It's wonderful to find a store with a real dedication to customer service. It helps me shop with confidence.
karrieb1
May 11th, 2018
I have a backpack on order. It was not shipped until 6 days after I placed the order, then allow 10 days for shipping. If you want something this year don't order from Travelsmith. Very disappointed!

There's a place run by those gals on "Orange is the new black" that might broker out a sale for you.

By Jayne D.

You can return at anytime. There is no time limit for returns or exchanges.

By Tami A., Bussiness Support.

I hope they notified you via email and you still have it. Have you tried calling them? If not do so and if person you get connected to won't help cause she can't have her connect you to a manager. Good luck Oh and your probly irritated but if you talk to then nicely rather than angry your apt to get results. Terri

By Terri S.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the TravelSmith staff and other customers.

Shop TravelSmith for women? ۪s and men? ۪s travel clothing, shoes, luggage, RFID-blocking accessories and more.

carolh38
Tami A.
Bussiness Support.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TravelSmith?

Have a question about TravelSmith?