Review of TravelSmith

Tel: 800-770-3387
service@travelsmith.com

karolh11
11/30/18

I ordered an "above the knee" dress in medium. When it arrived, it was way too large and fell several inches below my knees. I am 5'4" tall. The catalog model must have been 5'10" or more for the dress to have been so high above her knees. I decided I had to return the dress. I noted that by using the return label they enclosed, they would deduct nearly $8 from my refund. I called the company to complain about these return charges as I felt the photo and description of the dress were deceptive. The company "service" person was obviously very annoyed, but agreed that I would not be charges for the return postage. I just received notice of my refund. They deducted $18.14 from my refund. This is a terrible company and deserves to be put out of business.

janw166
11/2/18

I really like the catalog items but won't order again because delivery is painfully slow. Their shipping costs are high enough to warrant better customer service.

jeannettew9
9/16/18

I have ordered three pair of pants and three longsleeved T-shirts and was out raged to find that shipping was $23. I called customer service to request a waiver and they refused. Horrible business model.

noelb47
9/7/18

Although I received from this company a skirt that I like last June, it is now September and they will not stop sending me emails. Despite many requests to unsubscribe, I get daily emails from them and am so sick of deleting/squestering them that i wish I had never ordered anything. Stick to REI, Patagagonia, etc. for on line orders of travel items. TravelSmith does not play fair.

victoriar96
8/27/18

It is not worth doing business with this company. Their shipping charges are the highest possible for the slowest service. They also do not keep their word. I was promised upgraded shipping so an item would get to me before I left on my trip. They did not do what they said and therefore the item will not be arriving in time. I'm done with this company.

dk141
8/10/18

IT DOES NOT COST 19.99 to mail a pair of pants and top. This company is a complete RIP OFF!!!!!! I am very disappointed with the quality. I used to buy pants for my mother and very disappointed in what we have received. I would think people would buy more if Travel Smith had free shipping on orders over $100 because it is crazy to pay these current shipping cost.

lynb24
6/4/18

I called to ask them about a women's pants that didn't show where the waistline was and it didn't online either. I was on hold for 6 minutes and discovered that they have now shipped their customer service out of the country. I won't deal with companies that do that. No one knew the answer to my question. I have used them for more than 20 years. Never again.

karrieb1
5/11/18

I have a backpack on order. It was not shipped until 6 days after I placed the order, then allow 10 days for shipping. If you want something this year don't order from Travelsmith. Very disappointed!

deborahp80
4/13/18

This is a coat that fits in a 6x6 pouch and is touted as light as a feather? Customer service said shipping is based on the PRICE of the order not the weight???? The woman on the phone really tried, but not even a supervisor could over ride.

lindat176
4/12/18

I placed a order for a pair of slacks the end of March. I received a email from the company that they had received my order and I would receive it in 4-7 business day on March 25....I still have not received order. When I emailed Travel Smith about the order on April they advised it was on back order and would be sent out around the middle of MAY. I should have been notified of this by Travel Smith....VERY DISAPPOINTED. AS A TRAVEL AGENT DO NOT FEEL I CAN RECOMMEND THEM TO CLIENTS.

nancyd166
4/4/18

I am a long time customer of TravelSmith - and was shocked and very disappointed with the new ownership of TravelSmith - I was told they are not honoring the warranty on products purchased before they bought the company. The main zipper on a roller bag that I purchased broke, while still under warranty, and I was told the new owners will not honor the 3-year warranty on the product. Is there a headquarters I could send a letter to to complain?

lindac351
3/8/18

Travelsmith used to be a reliable company with good customer service. In the past few months they have gone to pot. Hear they were taken over by a "big" company; one that apparantly does not give a flip about good service. Save yourself major frustration: do not buy from this company. Linda C March 2018

danielb106
10/15/17

Before you get started be aware that regular shipping is apparently by horse drawn wagon, 10-12 business days! Translation 2-3 weeks!

cherid12
9/24/17

Placed an order for a necklace and pant suit on Aug.4, 2017. At that time I was notified that the pant suit would not ship until Aug 10, 2017. My cruise wasn't until Sept 9th, no worries. The Necklace was received by Aug 15th. I checked on my pant suit and the order stated "Ready for picking" not know what that meant, I called and was told that the pant suit would be available on the 21st of August. At that time I asked if they would be so kind to offer complimentary "express" shipping and was told that they don't do that. I took my concern to email and was assured that the outfit would ship on Aug 24th. Ok, checked back on my order and was told that it would be available on August 30th and that they would provide FedEx express shipping to be certain it arrived for my trip. On September the outfit FINALLY was shipped and due to arrive Sept 9th!!! The day my cruise departed plus NO EXPRESS SHIPPING AS PROMISED!!! The outfit did arrive on Sept 11th!!! I have no need for the outfit and necklace, contacted customer service to ask for them to provide free return shipping since this was their foul-up and was told this was not one of their procedures.Well, letting others know of a bad company IS one of my procedures!

loism36
9/6/17

They sent a luggage with brown stains on the inside fabric. They told me I had to rebox it and drag it to the post office to return. Did they offer me any compensation? No. Would they let me buy a different suitcase at the same sale terms as the damaged one? No. Even the manager would not do anything. Horrible quality control and worse customer service.

barbaram206
8/31/17

We had been customers of TravelSmith for years. I purchased a blazer for my husband and he wore it several times but the lining kept showing out of the jacket.

In the past, we would mail items back to TravelSmith(for example, a zipper that broke and they fixed it and sent it back) to be fixed. So, I mailed the blazer back to TravelSmith and asked them to fix the lining.

They cannot find the jacket and also told me they do not fix items any more. I am so disappointed in TravelSmith. I want the blazer back even with lining sticking out of sleeves.

thomasm271
8/28/17

I ordered Tropical Microfiber Pants a second time in 60 days. I was informed after waiting two weeks on the first order that the pants were back ordered. Nowhere on site or confirmation was there indication of not available. I tried a second time, being sure to check availability, and nowhere did site indicate these pants were not available. On submitting order it indicated delivery in 5 days. The email confirmation notice stated 10-12 day delivery. Now after 13 days I called and was told they are back ordered and not available for another 3 weeks. Very frustrating to deal with TravelSmith. I've dealt with this company before with no problems. Something has changed for the worse in the last year.

joanr34
7/18/17

I ordered a variety of items from Travelsmith. All were horrible. Quality, cut, fit, integrity. Junk all around. You can probably buy better products at the Dollar Store.

sarar71
6/29/17

I was gifted a $100 TravelSmith gift card for Christmas this past year. I purchased several items on their website but when they did not show up after several months I reached out. I was told on 3 separate occasions that the items had shipped and would arrive soon. This all took place over a 4 month period. Finally I asked if the gift card could just be reimbursed or replaced. They said they would issue a new gift card but I have yet to receive it and it's been over 2 months. I have reached out to them yet again but have yet to receive a response.

I am normally not the type to write many reviews, but wanted to make others aware that TravelSmith is not a good gift to give or a customer friendly company to purchase from.

jeffk106
6/10/17

Placed 2 separate orders. Sizing came wrong and materials not what i thought they should be. I was CHARGED from both returns because i would not rebuy anything from them.. Would never buy from them again.,

angelad103
5/10/17

Purchased a couple of vests. Sent them back to exchange for different sizes. Did not receive the items. Cancelled my order and asked for a refund. Customer service said they already refunded me and will not issue another refund. It's now 4 months later and still no refund. Will never order from this company again. What a bunch of scumbags. Time to get VISA involved and let them go after these jerks.

jamesm639
5/7/17

This place used to be well run but apparently some shark investors have moved in, gutted it, and are now routinely ripping off buyers. Terrible service, your order. doesn't even get filled for days after you place it, and the mailing costs have risen to prohibitive levels. I urge shoppers to avoid Travel Smith (and please note that it has nothing to do with Smith College!!!!). Shop at your own risk: the business appears to have been taken over by real corporate bottom feeders.

beckyw32
4/7/17

I couldn't believe that I ordered clothes according to my measurements and they were way too big! Still I have to pay to send them back?! Also, was on hold with customer service for 15 min just to cancel a backorder. Will not order again.

kimp120
4/5/17

I returned several items to TravelSmith in October 2016. Two months later, I still had not seen the refund for those items on my credit card statement so I sent TravelSmith an e-mail. They responded that the refund was issued on October 29, 2016. I asked them to double-check and they wrote back to confirm it was issued on that date. I have NOT received the refund and TravelSmith seems content to (1) lie and then (2) do nothing further. It's a shameful way to run a company. After years of purchasing from them, I'm done.

vickih38
4/4/17

These guys can't get their house in order. Tried over a month to get the clothing I ordered on-line. Five phone calls later, nobody seemed to know if it was back-ordered or in stock. Kept getting different stories. But never got the clothing. What a disaster. Would never, ever buy anything from them again.

There's a place run by those gals on "Orange is the new black" that might broker out a sale for you.

By Jayne D.

You can return at anytime. There is no time limit for returns or exchanges.

By Tami A., TravelSmith Representative

Helpful answer -2

I hope they notified you via email and you still have it. Have you tried calling them? If not do so and if person you get connected to won't help cause she can't have her connect you to a manager. Good luck Oh and your probly irritated but if you talk to then nicely rather than angry your apt to get results. Terri

By Terri S.
Questions? Get answers from the TravelSmith staff and other customers.

TravelSmith?