Review of Spectrum

garyb222
2/21/18

Lousy service, no support. Long waits for customer support....and no results if you finally do get through. They'll do anything to keep from talking to you. Suggest you don't waste your time with this company. Go ANYWHERE else for phone and internet and you will be happier.

adriannac4
2/20/18

$#*! your company and every thing you stand for , you guys suck and need to go out of business. It is clear that almost EVERY single person that uses you ,absolutely hates you. I regret ever using your $#*!ty network , peacefully $#*! off and remove yourself from everyones life , you are unwanted and unneeded. Goodbye

edc75
2/19/18

Trying to pay my bill ($96.00) on line, can't get to site they locked me out, talked w/CHAT, "have to call customer service" Call customer service.."you have to talk to sales to pay bill" Don't want to talk to sales. "well you can't pay your bill and get turned back on unless you talk to sales" Okay just cancel my account..."can't cancel your account unless to talk to sales"!!!! Can't believe these thieves...and that's what they are!

arthuro8
2/19/18

I've been using<a href="http://alltopmediaproviders.com">Time Warner Spectrum </a>for past 2 years. I started with internet service as I thought it would cost me lower to watch my favorite tv channels on roku but they don't offer sports channels, so had to <a href="http://alltopmediaproviders.com/cable"> add cable</a>. The bill is affordable <a href="http://alltopmediaproviders.com/bundle"> around $89.97 each month </a>.

shaylah4
2/16/18

Does anyone know the opposite of Spectrum? Is it lack of quality?.. SURE IS!!

I've had a chance to read a few..... or MANY of the negative reviews on here regarding Charter, AKA Spectrum. I truly believe that they will be the largest negatively reviewed company of the year!!

I've had them for 9 years of service. The beginning years were decent, we had working cable/ phone/internet service that was affordable. However, with a slow decline in quality internet service and lack of decent pricing; I have definitely had a huge change of heart.
The latter years came with steep price gouging.

Unfortunately, because of the area that I live in I cannot get any other phone/ internet service, (which is all that I am interested in at this point.)

As of a year ago, they have gotten ridiculously expensive and I haven't had much relief speaking with them on that given issue. The internet loses its connection quite frequently and I end up having to reboot just to get a clearer, more functional signal coming from the modem. I am rooting for a better provider to coverage my residential area.

Still stuns me how little assistance the consumers receive when quality falls short from companies as big as this one... Georgia Power comes to mind! Time to write another rant... on another site...

markt201
2/14/18

Worst company I have dealt with in many years next to Virgin Mobile. We transferred service per there number to do so and they charged us for installation $59.95, wifi service $9.99 and first month bill $69.99 when we were on a 1 year promotion of $39.99 and we were only supposed to pay $9.99 for transferring service for a total of $49.98 on our first bill...instead they charged us $139.93, we just had internet at that time...it took 3 days and 4 hours on the phone to get this cleared up. I was told that because they bought out Charter and we moved to a Time Warner area they had no record of our previous account. Now we just made a payment on Jan 27th and they shut our service off on February 11th and said because we are new customers we only have a 45 day grace period...but it has only been 2 weeks? Again tell me we were new customers...this company is crap.

thelmal1
2/13/18

THIS IS THE WORST CABLE, I HATE SPECTRUM, A BIG RIP OFF, THEY KEEPING RAISING MY CABLE AND GIVING ME LESS CHANNEL, I WISH I HAD ANOTHER CABLE COMPANY TO GO TO. FIOS IS NOT IN MY AREA. TIME WARNER WAS MUCH BETTER. THIS PIECE OF $#*! CABLE COMPANY CALLED SPECTRUM IS THE WORST, I CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I HATE THIS RIPOFF CABLE COMPANY. GET LOST SPECTRUM I HOPE ONE DAY TO GIVE YOU UP FOR GOOD. WHO EVER OWN THIS COMPANY YOU'RE REALLY A STINKING CROOK.

jamesw525
2/13/18

Since Spectrum has taken over Time Warner there has been nothing but rate increases. Now to watch my second TV in my bedroom, which I rarely watch, Ill have to pay another $11 a month for a cable box. No thanks. Im moving in a few months and switching to satellite.

pollym7
2/12/18

They raise you for money up for worse WiFi!! THEYRE WIFI SUCKS!!! Yall need to hand it back over to Time Warner Cable, they were so much better. Stupid spectrum, worthless, useless & $#*!ty.

garyk94
2/12/18

Worst provider of all times. I only have their "basic cable". No internet or phone. They raised my price $40.00 last September. In December, they raised it again about 10%. Now, they just raised it again another 10% in February. $144.00 a month! Not even a DVR included in my "package". They tell me that they just had a cooperate price increase. Are you kidding me?!!! Trump just gave them a 14% tax decrease and they raise me 10%?! Bloodsuckers! No other choice in my area. As soon as there is.....they are history!

tyd12
2/9/18

The telemarketers are the worst, they couldn't even find my account---took multiple calls to get what I wanted.

deirdreb6
2/9/18

When moving from apt to apt you typically know about 60 days out when you are moving. Spectrum will not set up install / move appointments beyond 30 days. I took the day off work (32 days prior to my move) to get all of my utilities set up to switch to the new place / hire movers / etc. When I called Spectrum I was told I would have to call back in 3 days because they can't schedule beyond 30 days and I wanted an appointment in 32 days. Pain in my A$$, now I have to waste a lunch period trying to set up this appointment on Monday. Stupid, I already have service and nothing is going to change in 72 hours. NOT a customer friendly policy!

kathleenn25
2/8/18

All of a sudden Im missing channels. It took 4 phone calls and a visit from a tech to tell me another company bought out the channels and that is why we no longer have them. No notice or phone call. Then they tell me my lines are in bad shape but they have to wait on county to approve repairs. Its all too sketchy and we are paying $200.00 per month

toml168
2/8/18

My cable/internet bill went from $53.45 to $79.87. I did not change or add anything, it just went up because the promotion ended. Naturally I called and they said that there was nothing that they could do. They did tell me that I could increase my internet speed and get the cable box (that would get me a bunch of new channels). The price was $97 per month. I agreed to this (what choice did I have, they are the only provider in town). I plugged the box in and had to call to set it up. It took almost 2 hours before I had a picture. Anxiously tuned to ESPN, since I never had it thinking it would be one of the new channels...nothing, I tried TNT...nothing. I tried FX ( a station that I had on in the other room, without a cable box)...nothing. I called and they said that I was only going to get local channel...FOR $97 per month. My bill was going to go from $53.45 to $97 for less stations than I got last month. It gets better, I took the box back the next day and the woman said that I was being charged $19 for use of the back for less than 24 hours. She would not let me return the box until I paid the $19.

Is this company for real. I canceled the cable. I will put an antenna on the house for the local stations and stream everything else. This is by far the worst company that I have ever dealt with.

stephenc148
2/6/18

My rate was slammed from $34.99 to $44.99 then I'm told the rate will go to $64.99 next month. Spectrum is nothing more than a robber.
Terrible.

joeyb48
2/5/18

Spectrum is by far the worse cable/internet/phone provider I have experienced. They offer promo specials to lure in new customers. Once you become a customer, promo specials end and the prices increase by outrageous amounts. Customer Service Reps act as if customers have to use their service and none of them are empowered to do anything other than provide lip service. When the company was "Brighthouse," service was ten times better and Customer Service Reps were very helpful. Service providers for this area is limited, but one day there will be competition in this area and I can hardly wait to switch providers. My new motto will be anyone/anybody, but Spectrum. If possible, I recommend choosing another provider. Unfortunately, there is not a zero listed for the rating, so I selected one star.

jodyd16
2/5/18

The ONLY reason I use Spectrum for my home wifi is because it is the only choice in my area.
The customer service is terrible. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and was told they were too busy answering calls.
If you have no choice, like me, at least buy your own cable modem and router. DO NOT use the ones they provide and are able to configure at any time with out your permission.

timew
2/1/18

I was on the phone with a person and she put started screaming at me telling me "what do you want me to do about it, huh?..what do you want me to do about it?" then the $#*! $#*!ing transfers me out. Spectrum, you will continue to lose customers if you continue to hire idiots!!

ginab84
2/1/18

want to reach the upper VP's...

Patti.mosenberger@charter.com; kathleen.griffin@charter.com; ralph.newcomb@charter.com; yohance.yellock@charter.com; sam.araji@charter.com VP of billing but it comes from Charter which I am not a m ember of telling me they are raising my bill but they have no access to my account nor my phone number on the letter from Sam Araji....just that he is raising my bill....they have no empathy for disabled, seniors as they said they would before they merged...really poor Spectrum... you won't have the monopoly for long once Trump find out.
read this did spectrum do it no way.... here it is

want their newsroom here it is https://newsroom.charter.com/leadership/
hover over the picture get the name and use the format above to email them in other words first name dot. last name@charter.com semicolon;

Plan Advertised price* Download speed Details
Charter Internet (bundle) $29.99/mo. 60 Mbps VIEW PLAN
Charter Internet Only $44.99/mo. 60 Mbps VIEW PLAN
Ultra Internet** $89/mo. 100 Mbps VIEW PLAN

delmag
2/1/18

I have noticed a big difference in CSR and Supervisor capability to help a customer and resolve any type of issues I have had so many problems lately with the increasing of the prices. My internet service is good but prices are just getting to get out of hand and when you call in to speak to someone they say they will add notes onto onto your account so each time you call in you do not have to go through the repeating of everything.

They really suck and giving the customer any. I told them that they are supposed to try to keep a customer happy not be sarcastic with them. First person I spoke to today 2/1/2018 Edward, said he couldn't help me and transferred me to a Michelle in the CSR I guess Department. She was very rude an extremely sarcastic. Like I was ready to tell her off. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she hung up on me so that pissed me off even more.
A supervisor called me back by the name of Devonaue and she said that she could only honor a price of $54.99 for another year and not the one that I had been told I would get and stay at for another year of $44.99.

And then I sign on to a chat to speak to someone because by then i am super pissed and Joseph says he is in billing and can't help me

SPECTURM SUCKS BIG TIME AND I NEVER HAD ISSUES WITH TIME WARNER, PEOPLE WERE MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE AND VERY COURTEOUS, NOTHING COMPARED TO THE MORONS THERE NOW.

******* Reps there need to give more information other than a name. There are tones of Joe, Michaels, etc, Name an a number ID assigned to them so that when we call we have an agent number or something.

katem132
1/30/18

TERRIBLE, BROKEN SIGNALS Daily with Internet, SLOW Speed while PAYING for the FASTEST, BAD Cable Service, DVR CONSTANTLY MESSES UP RECORDINGS, OR DOESNT RECORD AT ALL, BUT SAYS IT DID, AND TO BOOT, THEYRE OVERPRICED!!!
Ive had techs out NO LESS than 5 Times, and NOTHING HAS BEEN FIXED.
I AGREE FCC NEEDS TO BE BREAK THEM UP!

markm453
1/29/18

Service installed, worked for an hour. Left for vacation the next day. 2 weeks later I called to fix the service. Spectrum refuses to credit for the 2 weeks even though it was their equipment that was the problem.

victoriak42
1/28/18

I was going to cancel the service after I had it for few months only because of a very poor connection. I called in and was talked in to put my account on hold which I did. well, I started my service 10 days before my activation date and was charged an additional fees even though i specifically asked if there is gonna be any additional fees OR charges and the answer was no. The representative was very rude and interrupted me all the time. I would cancel it now but I am in school and there is no other internet providers in my area.

crystaly10
1/27/18

I've been with spectrum for 5 months from the second week of service every other week it's something going wrong the she or the connection but they went up on my bill but they will only take $ 5 off my bill when I don't get service I really don't care for this service but this is the only service in my area

maryannh19
1/27/18

Spectrums over pricing is running customers away. Just like Cox & all others. When new customers sign up be aware they will soon start hiking your bill, couple dollars here, couple dollars there. My bill started out at 88.00 & up to 103.00 in few months. This digital crap is forced on you whether you cared to have it or not. You have no choice, you get it or no tv. Of course up goes your bill. Their all scam artists & you can pretty well see that from the comments & reviews. Great reputation they've aquired.

Questions? Get answers from the Spectrum staff and other customers.

Spectrum?