Review of Spectrum

Spectrum reviews

antoinettef4
12/13/17

Charging me, a customer for 20 years!!! almost $300.00 for less than what my sister has. She is paying alomost 1/2 of what I'm paying. She is with Fios. I called Spectrum to ask them for a better deal. I was told that their better deal was they could save me $30. I'll be going to Fios. They only got one star because I had to click on it. NOOOO STARS!!!!!!!!!!!

lindas492
12/11/17

$#*! sucks $#*!ing doesn't work pile of $#*! stupid thing always shuts off in the middle of a movie replaced 3 boxes still garbage

cjr12
12/11/17

No Sense. After my bill went up $30+ dollars I called and got the Philippines, then transferred to California. It would make sense that TW would want to retain their customers, rather than tell you if you leave for 30 days that you could get the $29.99 BUNDLE price. Guess I will be looking at other options.

georgef90
12/7/17

We re-established cable with Spectrum after having had service thru them, as Time Warner Cable, several years ago.

ISSUE #1 We had service activated with multiple receivers in several rooms. We realized a few weeks later that we could not watch shows that were recorded on one set in another room. We called and were told that Spectrum no longer offers this "whole house" service to 'new' customers. After discussions with several representatives we were told they could install it for us since we had that service with them in the past. They set up a service call to remedy the issue.
The technician who came to our house..
1. realized or system was never hooked up correctly to begin with, so we were not receiving all the services we had been paying for, and
2. he ultimately swapped out our equipment and had it functioning so that we could watch shows recorded in one room on a set in another room. We were only able to record on the "main" system in the family room but were now able to watch the recorded shows in another room. We still would not be able to set up recordings in each room as we had in the past with both TWC and Direct-TV. Nevertheless, the functionality was better than before. Sub-par as compared to Time Warner previously and to Spectrum's current competitors, but better than they had initially setup.

ISSUE 2. We were willing to accept this, HOWEVER, 3 weeks after the technician had come out to our house to remedy the issue, we found we had lost all DVR functionality on our second set. We called customer service 3 times and got 3 different answers on how to resolve the issue.
We finally got through to a supervisor who insisted that their system could not provide the ability to watch shows on a second set. We explained that this couldn't be accurate since we in fact had the service for close to a month when it disappeared without notice the evening before. He then insisted that the service we had "was a fluke" even though their technician spent several hours at our house setting it up. The supervisor then said, "the fix" that the technician had made was only supposed to be 'temporary '. Again not only inaccurate, but a positively ludicrous statement. Why would they swap out equipment and spend close to 2 hours putting a system in place as a 'temporary fix'.

At the end of it all, he told us that the only thing he could do was hook up a 2nd DVR, but we could only watch shows that were recorded in that room. Of course, we would have to pay for the "additional service". It was the most maddening discussion we have ever had with any vendor.

In a nutshell, while it is true that signals are not lost during heavy rain storms as they can be with Direct TV, Spectrum's service is sub -par with respect to room-to-room functionality; the 'Search' function is much worse than we've experienced with other providers; and worst of all they have no desire whatsoever to satisfy their customer.

They repeatedly mis-stated that they could not provide a functionality which had in fact been working until they abruptly and without warning stopped providing it.
If I could rate them a Zero I would...

marinaw14
12/7/17

First of all the internet services are not reliable at all. You will have to reload your modem constantly for it kind of work. It constantly loses the speed. If you are to try to talk to the customer service people, they are rude and not helpful at all. I got SONIC for $40. It comes with the phone line and wonderful internet connection. So happy to switch!!!

anona51
12/4/17

Criminal Enterprise. DO NOT USE.

I have had 6 solicitors come to my door late in the day around dinner each time. Each time I asked to be put on a do not contact list. Each time they said it'd be taken care of and 2 or 3 weeks later a solicitor would be back.

Some refused to leave the property and this us highly illegal and is considered trespassing. One tried coming into my door when they were told that I wasn't interested and was told to leave.

I called the national hotline. (Only number available.) They said they'd refer it to the supervisor and didn't know what could be done.

On top of this I've had 2 solicitors for spectrum harass me in store. One would not accept no thank you as an answer and started swearing at me for cutting her off twice because I was running late. Another blocked me in an aisle after cutting me off trying to sell service to someone and refused to move out of the way.

On top of that Ive had 2 occasions where contractors who worked for them were trespassing on my property and mouthed off and refused to leave while servicing my neighbor. A 10 ft allowance doesn't allow you to trample over 120 ft across my property stepping on anything you please. This is also trespassing.

On top of all this, I had 3 contractors try to hook up service that wasn't ordered. They had no identifying clothes and used a white unmarked van. They argued for 25 minutes only to realized they read the work order wrong. East and west are on opposite sides of town. After all that, a month later I received a bill for no service every month for 7 months. It took 7 visits to the local center to remedy it.

They hire criminals who take low wages abd have no respect for people or the law. Do not use. Legal action will be pursued.

yolandal18
12/2/17

I have been with Brighthouse for over 20 years, now that it is Spectrum all loyal customers have been disregarded. In the few years they took over they have raised their price each year. They have nothing to offer customers that have been with the company forever. They are only offering good deals to new customers. I am looking forward to the day that Google Fiber comes to my location so I can say Goodbye to Spectrum TV and Internet.

stevem387
12/1/17

Just got a phone call from a real pro. Guess that's why they're paid so well, they get the best of the best. Really, he called about my bill, where I politely told him I would call during reg work hrs,as I didn't have time rt now. He replied that my service is about to be cancelled, I said when, he smartly replied he did'nt have time to tell me. What a wise ass!

pams102
11/30/17

Everyone needs to switch from Spectrum and just maybe they will get the hint. You do not treat people this way. What happened to Customer Service?

muhammadt23
11/29/17

Just like i told the service guy when Google Fiber comes to my part of town you will be losting this customer forever. Service is crap and the price you pay for 100 mbps is cheaper from Google fiber. Spectrum 100mbps is not even 100 mbps they are playing on words. All of them are con men. Bye for ever

jihanb1
11/28/17

Spectrum has proved to be 100% worse than bright house. We have them over a year to get in shape..enough is enough. We are officially switching to AT&T.

glennb59
11/27/17

Yeah, Spectrum /charter customer service sucks Big Time in regards to their customer service. Bright House Networks company policies are 100% better!!

brendar95
11/25/17

Well they sent me one of those receivers boxes for my bedroom and it is a total disaster, Half the time you have to turn it off and reboot to get service. for what they charge should have excellent service, the only thing I really like is the phone where you can sign up to reject calls that is free and saves me a lot of hassel. Spectrum you need to change your ways or you won't have customers.

kenzor4
11/24/17

Im a new customer my service was installed on 11/17/17 agent told me my bill would be $127 and that I would receive the first bill in 2 weeks. No mention of any one time installation fee of $44.98
Today is 11/24/17 and I receive a bill for $174.07, due tomorrow 11/25/17 already even though I was told that it would come in the mail after 2weeks. I also see that I have a Home phone service, spectrum voice $29.99, never requested any home phone service nor was it mentioned to me during the phone conversation. I dont need it never asked for it. First day of installation the cable box wasnt functioning well and I had to wait for the technician to come the next day to swap it and thats fine I can live with that but dont make me pay for something that I wasnt made aware of and add services that I didnt request. Im sorry this isnt fair or acceptable. I dont deserve to be going through all this trouble already. I would like a call back and this issue resolved right away.
The technician who came to do the installation seemed to be in a hurry, didnt care to explain anything to me, left everything off then after he left I realized the cable box was faulty then they had to come the next day to exchange it. And now I have this issue with the bill and phone service I never requested or made aware of. Just terrible & frustrating!

emilyk65
11/21/17

Incredibly slow internet, box always reboots or just plain out doesn't work, remote connection is TERRIBLE, incredibly slow, stupid expensive, money-hungry, and customer service is atrocious. Don't do it, find another service.

tonyi15
11/20/17

Pathetic model for doing business, I am canceling my account after decades of loyal customer. I tried calling over 5 times and they refused to let me talk to a manager or superior. I truly hope they go down in a burning flame, they need some serious help in properly treating their customers. Good bye forever.

davidm782
11/18/17

If I could give minus stars for this review I would have. I have had THEE worst experience with Spectrum Charter/Charter Spectrum/TWC Spectrum and the many of the affiliates it is currently called. There are too many to literally list, but I will list the last four months. First, I was preparing for a relocation to Upstate NY or MN. i called to cancel my service and was advised to put the service in a Seasonal Hold where I could reactivate the service at my new address which they confirmed to provide service. So after paying to transfer service to my new residence, I was told upon arrival that it could not be done. Then was told to drop off equipment to Spectrum location in the Twin Cities. Problem: There is NO location in the Twin Cities.

I was called by Spectrum/Charter/TWC representative who informed me of who said they would send me a Roku box for Spectrum Streaming for trial, if I did not like the service I could cancel, with no penalty and could keep the Roku box. Also, she informed me of the many forms of Spectrum/Charter/TWC and said she would help me return my equipment and call me back shortly after looking for the right place to return equipment (but never received the callback).
The next correspondence I received was for $324.00 of unreturned equipment! I called Spectrum/Charter/TWC again and spoke with a representative who told me they could not send me a return mailing label (but they could send me a bill!), and that after explaining I wasn't paying to ship the equipment back, gave a credit (which in the end DID NOT cover the lowest possible cost of shipping - it wasn't the money, it was the principle of the issue).

I received me new equipment for the new account I needed to sign up and self-installed (saving $44), but when the equipment came, the line was working and we had to have a technician come out. The technician who came engaged in small talk and when she asks if he lived around the area, replied yes, and then began speaking derogatory of the changing diversity of the area! My wife was taken back, but replied that she loved it.

So, I received the Roku box (I already had a digital antenna) and tried setting it up. It was JUNK. I called to tell the representative (what I was told by Spectrum/Charter/TWC) and was informed that THEY BUNDLED my services and taking the TV off who void out the Internet promotional and increase my rate from $39.99 to $69.99!!! I was livid! I spoke with a rep who then transferred me to a supervisor. After explaining the near hell that I had been through with Spectrum/Charter/TWC (and the many of other iterations of the company), I was not paying more for services. To which he shared that where he lived he had to pay $80.00 for 75 Mbps service (which had nothing to do with my service). End the end the supervisor said he would give me a credit, which is more than he had to do (great, he was doing me a favor for their pathetic service), and said, sorry, you'll be paying the higher price for internet. (Great business plan: call people who don't have all of your service, bundle said service with false representation, and then when customer tries to remove, tell them they are stuck with higher pricing ($30 increase with 100,000 people = $3 million increase in monthly cash flow)).

I explained to the supervisor that it was the principle of the matter and he finally replied that he would probably be even more mad than I was. I literally could not believe this was happening. I informed the supervisor that it wasn't him personally, but the situation.

The average person is connected to 2,000 other individuals by the time they reach 21 years of age. I regularly have the opportunity to speak face to face with 2,000-3,000 weekly (do the math). If in sparing one (1) person the deep frustration of dealing with the debacle of wasted time and money with Spectrum/Charter/TWC, et. al, in that I can take solace for the good of others.

dr1503
11/17/17

Horrible experience with this company. Had to call over ten time to try to get things done correctly and things did not worked properly. After 8 hours of dealing with multiple departments and trying to get my cable to work, I cancelled cable the same day I was supposed to get it installed. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. AND now I have to drive the equipment to their office because they will not even pick it up.

davidb810
11/17/17

Price gougers and horrible customer service. Wish there was competition in the cable field. No flexibility, rude people answering the phone.

lindac319
11/16/17

DO NOT GET ANY SERVICE FROM THEM.
My internet services and phone services goes off on a daily basis. What I mean by that is the box cuts completely off. This is the only way I can get in contact with my kids while I work nights. Last night I had to leave abruptly because I was so worried about my kids and was wondering why no one was picking up. That's money I'm missing out on. In my opinion their services should be free because they are not worth a damn. Not to mention their is always something with the ON DEMAND CHANNELS. It always says title is unavailable right now try again later. But yet you expect me to pay a $150 bill. Then they have the nerve to offer security for your home. What good will that do if their services $#*! up on a daily basis.

melissar129
11/14/17

Paying more for less. I am paying $191 now for something called spectrum silver. This is more than I paid for the Triple Play package which included a phone and internet HBO and Showtime and Starz and Epix, I have scaled down now to NO phone and less premium channels and I'm paying more! This is beyond anything that I imagined would happen after Time warner became Spectrum.

wonderw
11/14/17

Cant BELIEVE this company is still making money! We are all suckers. Total lies....good luck on the buy out contract! They wont approve my paperwork I sent saying that it was a monthly bill not early termination fee! I wish I would have read these reviewd before I switched! And my previous provider double our bill, thats why we switched. Im gonna unplug. I think the live streaming may be the way to go....get out ftom underneath these money sucking greedy bastards before its too late. UNBELIEVABLE!

danm206
11/14/17

No service for 3 weeks and No adjustment on bill, According to Spectrum I had service through out the hurricane, I was out for almost 3 weeks, Called and was told I never lost service, they are not adjusting my bill... BULL. Switching to At&t

carmenw34
11/14/17

SPECTRUM IS THE WORSE SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD. HAVE TO RESET THE MODERN 2 OR 3 TIMES A DAY FOR INTERNET. HAD INTERNET JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE

edb93
11/13/17

Annually rips off most senior citizens. They over charges for all their seniors if they don't stay on top of billing. Spectrum will steal them blind every time. Bring in another company to replace they're overcharging no service company theifs. How can a company that contunally gets bad reviews keep a buisness liense.

Questions? Get answers from the Spectrum staff and other customers.

Spectrum?