{{model.currentYear}} Charter Communications Inc reviews

Saint Louis, MO 63131, US
marty.rowland@spectrum.com

sethb66
5/22/18

I don't even know where to begin... They will do everything they can to rip off a customer. For several months they charged us a wireless/router fee when we use our own. When they came out to install it, something got messed up and every time the power would go out, we would have to factory reset our modem to be able to activate its wireless. Just a month ago, after about 8 months of issues and complaints, another technician came out to check if a different wall jack would work. Now the wireless on the modem works without having to reset factory settings. To me, this seems like they were trying to force us to use one of their modems so they could get additional money. Calls about this problem never changed anything. In fact, they blamed the modem itself even though it worked prior to them messing with something outside.

For the past few months we've had additional charges to our account. Auto pay is and has been set up since installation yet we constantly get late fees (and yes, there is plenty of money in the bank.) Every month we have to call to get it straightened out. The price suddenly went up an extra $10 without any warning. Not a big deal but would be nice to at least get some kind of notification ahead of time.

Customer service, in my experience thus far, has been some of the nastiest and rudest people I've ever talked to. It's to the point where we get very rude back because no matter how calm or nice you talk to them, they still treat you like dirt and always blame the customer.

We've had to have them go back on prior recorded conversations to justify a price or a fee waiver because the next month it gets added right back on, again, without any warning. They are also VERY persistent on trying to force additional services onto you even though you tell them no several times. It gets to the point where you just hang up on them because they don't want to take no for an answer.

If I could give them 0/5 stars, I would. Sadly, where I live there are no other options aside from satellite internet which I find very expensive and unreliable.

not225
5/18/18

It's not enough that we lose connectivity for a day, once a month, but their stupid TV receivers lock up occasionally and require a reboot which takes 20 minutes before you you can watch TV. On top of all of that, their customer service is horrible and when their is down time, they won't tell you the estimated time that service will be restored. If you work from home I highly recommend you ditch them ASAFP!

lorih138
5/18/18

They may not have contracts but their prices keep going up and the service does not. I signed up 1 month before the internet went from 30 Mbps to 60 Mbps but mine stayed at 30. Now it's at 100 Mbps and mine remains at 30 Mbps. I called about getting what all new customers are getting and my bill which has already increased well over $20 in a year would go up over $20 more where new customers would pay less than I'm currently paying. They have no interest in making loyal customers happy.

jamesb1019
5/17/18

I am 76 years old, and my wife has Alzheimer's. I have to be away part of the time.
I had telephone service and internet through Spectrum.
I have a check with their bank's stamp on the back showing that they got my check on April 26. Nevertheless they cut off my service, so when I have to be away, my wife has no link to the outside world. This is May 17, so they still, apparently, do not know what they did with my check, and I do not have any service.

sonyar14
5/17/18

I was a customer for 15 years! No discounts for loyal customers. Prices go up more and more. Nickel and dimers! Customer service lies on the phone and then management does not contact you back at all when you have concerns. I do not recommend this service at all. 10 Channel line up is a joke, they do not tell you that you need a smart TV and let you cancel your entire cable. For the same 40 bucks for their 10 channels stream vue and you will get 40-50 channels. RIP OFF!!!!!!

jennyb102
5/16/18

Dont get spectrum there horrible they are over priced an when u want to watch something its always subscribe an my bill is high with them

laurenr93
5/15/18

1. Spectrum de-activated our internet without notifying us
2. Spectrum was not able to re-connect our internet they had de-activated
3. Spectrum had us drive 45 minutes away to their "closest store" and wait in line behind 25 others to pick up a new modem
4. Spectrum had us call them AGAIN to re-activate the account they had de-activated
5. The modem that we had picked up was broken
6. We found an old modem/router combo in the bottom of our closet
7. We have cable!

Nice tagline... "Spectrum: Refining What A Cable Can Be."

anthonyo42
5/15/18

i CAN TELL YOU FIRST HAND, THERE OVER PRICED, RAISE RATES,NO NOTICE, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE... GO WITH SOMEONE ELSE... ANYONE ELSE.

burtonc15
Burton C.
5/14/18

Spectrum SUCKS!!!! They increase your bill without notification. The bill randomly, I have even had them commit to one price and then bill another! DO NOT USE THEM!
When I went on line to look for reviews, I found FALSE sites that did not allow people to comment, but were made to look like 4 star reviews if you were just browsing. THEY SUCK! A LOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!

patriciad223
5/13/18

I hate spectrum. Their workers put a big whole in my ceiling and their prices r outrageous! Called and made a payment and said i would call back in the following friday and they shut me off the sunday after i called on friday. And i have been with time warner cable for 12 years! My internet freezes all the time and so do the cable boxes. And ive had workers at my house more 3 times and they still cant fix it. I HATE SPECTRUM!!! THEY SUCK! time to look at dish or direct or a firestick just someone else other than SPECTRUM!!!

davem349

Brian Anderson 972.630.5043
Dennis Johnson 310.647.6607

lizc89
5/10/18

I got hooked to move with Spectrum with what looked like a wonderful deal. I originally had direct TV and had spectrum only for internet. So I gave Spectrum a call and they broke down all future charges if I would move with them. 1 month later and I'm looking at an almost $400 bill, the bill they stated to me originally should have been $166. I have called them twice to explain all charges and they keep on giving me the run around that they are a pay forward company. umm I think most providers are these days, this doesn't explain my high bill. Well when I asked if they can waive certain charges something simple like the change of service fee, they flat out said no. Apparently I'm being charged a fee because they bought off time warner cable and my internet was w/ tw and they had to make that change. So you are telling me that you are penalizing me because you bought off a company and instead of wanting to keep me as a loyal customer you would rather lose me over waiving $45. They are the worst provider I have ever dealt with. Direct TV tried so hard to keep me as a customer, they made an amazing offer which I denied because I really thought I would save more with Spectrum. Well the joke is on me. Not once did they ask me, what can we do to keep you as a customer. I have cancelled all my services and will be giving Direct TV a call again. We were actually very happy w/ Direct TV, but we wanted to have just one bill for all services and where I live direct tv doesn't offer internet. I give them 0 stars and even that I have to give them 1 star which they don't deserve. And we had a horrible experience when the technician came out. Hope my review helps someone.

charlese87
5/10/18

Service doesn't now what they are talking about tow guys show up change a connection out side looks at TV .I show him what's happening he says it's moden.one guy I have to go looking for were do I find him in basement doing what I don't now.so I call BEST BUY explained my problem . they told my my problem is the Wii problem fix . I say send a teck that now's there job

mikej290
5/5/18

this is one of the worst companys i ever had the billing dept cant add and subtract tried to overt charge my bill by 47.00 then they try to tack on more charges when you bring it too there attention and go line by line they are the dumbest people i have ever had to deal with in along time.do yourself a favor stay away from these people there very stupid.also they try to tac on more charges when you prove your right what a bunch of crooks. do yourself a fovor stay away.i would have given them a minus 10 but they website wouldnt let me.

johnr838
5/4/18

My TV service is real bad. First the signal would go out and the receiver kept resetting. Several times a day. Even at night as when I turned it on it would be on channel 2. Then the guide would go out. Biggest issue I have is the inside techs and outside techs dont communicate. Many calls to inside who would say we need to get a tech out to the house as it seems its a wiring problem or equipment. Outside techs say its a software problem. Inside techs kept insisting its not software its hardware. 4th tech to the house said I have to replace your equipment to prove its not the equipment. He was right. Still many issues with the quide. Called inside tech again today. Told them Im just telling you nothing has changed. He said oh I can help you. I insisted again. To give me a manager. Finally he came back and said the engineers are aware of and are working on it. After all this time Im not sure they have enough engineers or at least one that knows how to fix these issues. The best statement was, we have the fix but new customers will get it first. Exsisting customers will have to wait. Ive asked three times to have a manager call me. Still waiting so I figured I would write a review as I dont think anyone wants to talk to me. So very sad.

blackwella
5/4/18

My mentally disabled son somehow was able to get past the block on our TV to order movies. He ran up over 300.00 worth of movies. I had a 100.00 limit on movies to be ordered on this account. They would only remove 45.00. Off of he bill. They have the technology to see that the movies were not being watched all the way through. Only a few minutes. They simply did not care. I absolutely abhor this company. I would give a zero if it was an option.

lyndak19
5/3/18

Spectrum adds are so false and misleading. They just plain lie about all their services. Customer service is a joke!

treyg12
5/1/18

This is the only company I have encountered that does not give a $#*! if you are an unhappy customer! Every day our cable box has to be rebooted, same with internet modem! Now they totally shut off all our tvs, if you dont have a cable box or roku you cannot watch tv! I really wish everyone would stick together and drop cable, thats the only way to beat big companies like this! How in the hell are all you people shelling out 200.00-300.00 in cell phone bills and 100.00-200.00 for cable? Plus all your other bills? Cool if you can afford it, but why do you think its ok?!! Cable was the only service I ever paid for that I had so many problems and could not even use the services I was paying for, but when you mention it to other people they are like....yea I have to reboot my equipment constantly too! Stop being sheep and following allowing with everyone else, stand up for yourselves and drop this $#*! cable company!

emiliop7
4/27/18

In my previous house we had Verizon which was excellent with the TV/Internet/phone
service. Verizon was bought by Frontier which did not have quite the quality. After we moved we had to sign with Spectrum which had bought Brighthouse, Spectrum customer service is excellent, they come most times the same day you call. Their problem is their DVRs are a piece of crap. We have to re-boot them a couple of
times a week because they lock, their program screen often shows a wrong name of what is being shown. Unfortunately here they are the only company allowed to "service" the area.

donaldt65
4/26/18

Best advice: Don't!!! If you have an alternative, take it! Internet is intermittent, often disappears. TV pixilates and fluctuates. Overpriced! Advertising is misleading. Negative advertising says a lot about the company!

steved175
4/24/18

There are bogus reviews when you search Spectrum reviews - these are sites paid for by Spectrum to write false favorable reviews.

My cable / Internet provider was bought out by Spectrum. Since that time service has gone down and prices went up. Channels that were free now reauire addional payment. Many channels pixelate after 8om when users are heavy. I pay over $200 for TV and web.

During a recent outage customer service simply did not answer the phone - they shut down the auto attendant (menu promp recording)

I can't pay bills on line because their web site does one re-direct to another redirect to end up a server error

I thought Comcast was bad until these guys came along - unfortunately we only have direct TV as option

Terrible company

terryt78
4/23/18

If you are in a situation where Spectrum isn't including the major networks and local channels in your package, I recommend getting a digital over-the-air converter box and antenna. When tv went digital I didn't have cable and had to buy a box and antenna since I missed the free giveaway. After some research, I decided to get a Roku box to stream the cable channels I like through Sling, and use my digital tv adapter (Luckily I had kept it! ) for over the air channels like network and local. And, doing that also gives me channels that aren't available on cable like Comet and Escape. I If I want other optional channels that aren't included in either place such as HBO, The Disney Channel or Pandora music, I would pay a small monthly fee to get them. Spectrum does offer a streaming channel on Roku but you still have to pay for their cable subsciption to use it. Typical! But with Roku and Sling there's no contact, no equipment rental, and a technician doesn't have to come to set it up. It's easy! One thing though: you have to have Wi-Fi since the service is sent through the internet. That price would have to be included in the overall cost. So I paid a one -time $36 for the Roku box, my Sling subscription is $25 a month, I pay $5 a month for the optional addition of having CBS All Access, and my internet costs $15 a month (I signed up when it was still Time Warner and they had a promotion for basic service at that price and it was grandfathered into Spectrum) for a total of $45 month for live tv and some on demand content! The additional outlay for someone else might be more depending on what equipment they have to buy- but it's cheap; even cheaper if bought used. I hope people will re- think having Spectrum as their cable provider and go in this direction. It's easier, more choices are available, and far less expensive! So everyone. ..Please feel free to copy and send this review to others. I'm sure someone will appreciate the information!

chrisg327
4/23/18

A representative of spectrum lied to me about covering early termination fees. They neglected to tell me that it would only cover $500 when my fee was $900. I didn't want to pay. Now I've wasted $400.

I'm fuming. This business doesn't train their people well enough or they're just snakes.

cs246
4/23/18

Spectrum is horrible! I let my service go a few days ago and I don't miss it. When I had cable, it buffered all the time, I could not get the channels and the customer service is poor. They don't care, all they want is your money. Stay away!

michellek154
4/23/18

I only gave one star because I had to but if it was up to me I would have given it a zero. I called to ask what Spectrum offers for packages to start service with them and the sales associate could not answer my question. She talked over me, I could not understand her and she told me that she was unable to give me package prices unless I could give her an account number for the service I already had. I asked for a supervisor, and she repeated the same thing, and was also not able to give me their packages or pricing. This was the sales team? I was very frustrated and am happy not to have a service with this company.

You won't get any answers by calling customer service. I had a question about some charges on my bill that weren't there before Time Warner was bought out by Spectrum, so I called them. When I REPEATEDLY asked the agent what they were for she just kept saying "you're not being overcharged". What good was that?! So I asked for another agent and that one just said the same thing, before hanging up on me! The call center was obviously overseas where English is (how can I say this nicely) not a first language so just normal conversion was difficult - but it's also obvious that the agents are just parroting a script that they were taught to say so it's no use asking any questions. I never had this problem when dealing with Time Warner. The call center was local and the agents were residents of the same city. They believed in retention of their customers and keeping them happy, and they PLEASANTLY went out of their way to do that. From what I've read online from well- respected news outlets, Spectrum doesn't care about retention. They figure that losing customers isn't a big deal because they are are a cable monopoly and they'll continue to make big money. If you haven't signed up with Spectrum yet, don't!! If you can get your internet elsewhere, sign up for a streaming service. The quality is dependent on your Wi-Fi, but still very good and much cheaper than cable with Spectrum; plus you actually know what you're getting as long as you understand how it works. Good luck!

By Terry T.

They do not care about customer retention. That being said.. I have to believe it is the poorest business model I have ever come in contact with.

By Cassandra T.

Spectrum's DVD is badly programmed with bugs, that interferes with normal operation. Spectrum does not seem to be able to fix those bugs, so I would not expct good service until, they hire much better programmers.

By Frank O.

Questions? Get answers from the {{model.currentYear}} Charter Communications Inc staff and other customers.

{{model.currentYear}} Charter Communications Inc?