Review of Spectrum

marty.rowland@spectrum.com

subhajitb
11/13/18

Always 1 hr hold
expect random increase in bill
they put sudden hidden charge.

always low speed and then they will force you to upgrade every quater

seungkyub
11/12/18

my desktop use wifi and even tho i got a full signal bars i sitll cant even run a single game without any lag. i understand about pubg lagging but i dont understand how league of legend is lagging. dont use wifi for spectrum thanks..

bruceg147
11/12/18

So my tv says "stick around,we're setting things up for you".

So it's been an hour. I made dinner for my family and we ate and when we went back into the living room, it still says it. Spectrum is pricey, slow, unreliable. I will be switching away. I hope every single person does too. Spectrum, go under.

charlesh157
11/10/18

Yesterday I had to once again call tech support for my internet. I was only getting 5 Mbps download speed. I tried connecting to the modem and different routers. After trying multiple things with the tech, they finally setup a time for someone to come to my house. They also said that I should think about increasing my internet to 100 Mbps instead of 30 Mbps. This is the second time in a month that they have had to come out. I never had any issues with my internet until Spectrum took over. Now it really gets interesting. I was transferred to someone in sales. This person is going over my account, now they say they found errors on my account. In detail they told me what was wrong with my account, 1st they say I have the premium digital service, I never asked for the premium service. 2nd they tell me for what I am paying I should be getting 100 Mbps. Now I am told that I should only be paying around $90.00 per month, because this is what my neighbors are paying, this person now tells me the address of my neighbor. This is about $40 per month less than I am currently paying for my service. I am now told that they will setup my internet for 100Mbps at no charge and he will talk with someone about getting my bill dropped to the proper amount. After being on hold for 10 minutes this person comes back on and tells me that I am be charged the correct amount and they can't do anything to fix this. Spectrum what the heck is this all about.

bobw243
11/10/18

Horrible service, that is, customer service. Horrible everything. Way over priced for what you get. Have select plan which is the least expensive and still pay $94 per month for limited programs. Sadly, they are all we can have in our complex.

crystalb155
11/8/18

There is not one good thing i can say about spectrum. Price hike for customers that have had it for 10 years.. good rate for new customer..

zurig
11/7/18

First I want to say that I'm a LONG LONG time Time Warner customer.............whom ever states spectrum is great or does an excellent service.... probably works for the company! Spectrum is a piece of garbage waisting my time for two weeks trying to get the cable & chanels going for $143 dollars a month & it's still the time I cannot see my Chanel's, it's been cal after call not counting I have waisted my gas's going inside Spectum local stores, I HAVE NOT GOTTEN A FIX! THIS COMPANY ALL IT DOES IS STEAL THE HARD WORKERS MONEY! Total piece of G A R B A G E! If you want to get STEALED GET SPECTRUM AS YOUR CABLE, INTERNET AND PHONE PROVIDER! If you have the option of going to another provider rather than spectrum DO NOT HESITATE ON DOING IT! my sincere recommendation! Don't let this people fool you or take your hard earned money!

gregh319
11/7/18

People are nice, but the company's service is horrifically terrible... so far ive missed 8+ hours of work monday and today waiting... 1st guy showed up but couldnt install fiber (never asked me on call about that), 2nd guy didnt even contact my phone on monday after that... and now today waiting on 3rd to show up... already missed appointment window and hoping at 530 that it gets done some time tonight

jeanannv
11/5/18

We have been long time struggling Time Warner customers. We were hoping that the price, or for God's sake at least service, would improve when it switched to Spectrum. Sadly it is FAR WORSE. If you want to pay through the nose for skipping, glitching, not recording, erased recording, locked screen, having to take off work to exchange cable boxes, slow service, slow internet, modem not working, etc. then you should consider them. If this isn't what you want come to your senses and don't walk, but RUN the other way.

shanikahg
11/1/18

I called to get GENERAL information in regards to the package deals, and pricing. The first time I called the gentlemen was so pushy. He would give me information about one package deal, and then say "Ok, I'm going to sign you up for that package". I explained to him several times that I did NOT call to sign up for anything right now, I just want to get some basic information in regards to the packages & pricing. He continued to be persistent on signing me up for a package, so I told him that I will have to call back. He stated that "he will call me back in 10-15 mins". I told him not to call me back, I will call back when or if I wanted to start new service with their company. He caught an attitude, and hung up the phone.(this occurred on Sun. 10/28/18). I called back today hoping to speak with another Customer service rep that could explain things to me in a better manner, and not be so pushy. Well let's just say that today was NO BETTER. The young lady that I had spoken with stated that "she could not discuss any package deals, or pricing with me unless I provide her with my name & service address". I explained to her that I had the website pulled up as we spoke with the package deals, and pricing, but had a few questions in regards to what premium channels were included, if any in what packages. She explained to me that " the pricing on the website was NOT CORRECT, that the pricing was off by about $20". Umm, excuse me I'm not sure about anyone else, but $20 is sort of a big deal, and if the prices online are not correct, when will they be corrected. 2 bad phone calls to this company just to get some basic information prior to starting service with this company just put a bad taste in my mouth. So with that being said, Spectrum will NOT be a service of my choice, and also after reading ALL of the BAD reviews. I'm completely satisfied with my choice.

daniell423
11/1/18

Is there something we can do about it? Other than writing these reviews which in and of themselves are starting to feel just as pointless as complaining to Spectrum, I don't know that there is anything can be or will be done. At least I have no other choice but to continue to eat their crap.

larryp205
10/31/18

I have read many similar complaints to mine about channels not being available. But, the "try later" message comes up on a regular basis when trying to access "On Demand," too!! And, it's especially irksome, the way they fail to give remotely accurate dates and genres for movies. I'm constantly having to look stuff on online, which so bizarre and insulting for a paying customer to have to do!!!!!

marcellam12
10/30/18

I pay over 246 a month for cable, internet and phone and am cancelling this service ASAP. The cable has gone down over 20 times in the past 5 months, internet about 12 times and the land line about 12 times. Every one I know is sick of Spectrum. Going to get Direct TV installed soon. Will pay about half as much as this garbage company. Worst cable company I have ever had.

darlenec71
10/29/18

Today I called Spectrum to politely let them know that I was canceling my tv package part of my bundle immediately and had to listen the guy on the other line barrage me with deals that were never offered in the past. I explained that for years whenever I called to negotiate a better deal (I would see on tv or a printed ad) I was told that that bundle (and price) was not available in my area. I explained we now have a dish on our roof so it's a done deal. I was honest enough to explain that we will be porting our landline and internet soon as well. While speaking to the first rep my landline phone I was on went dead at the exact same time they shut our internet down as well, the tv? Still freaking worked, I know that because out of the multitude of phone calls made to get my stuff running again I was informed that my tv service was still running, What? I dealt with so many genius's that my brain hurt when I finally (the 6th phone call to them) got a reasonably intelligent being who switched it back on. I am sooo done with Spectrum! If they had offered decent deals and good customer service in the first place I would never have made the jump.

doubleb
10/29/18

Clarence ny 10/29/2018 1600hrs. A driver for spectrum lic#72869jz East on Greiner at Thompson,at speed,suddenly stopped and made a left turn in front of me while I was West on Greiner with r.o.w. I had to lock my brakes.Called spectrum to make them aware their driver nearly caused an accident and I hope they take it seriously. I had multiple occupants in my vehicle.This is the 3rd time in 2 months I have been on the receiving end of a spectrum driver's reckeless driving. Who trains these folks to drive ? If spectrum drivers need g.p.s. in their work trucks, spectrum should install them before their drivers mame someone. I have an onboard dvr and this video is uploaded. Re train or replace your bad drivers, spectrum.

phill76
10/25/18

We moved from cable to fiber and TWC Spectrum left one number on cable so we must pay for both! We have seven toll free numbers that are forwarded to a number that does not work, presumably because cable does not talk to fiber. Many attempts to port to another carrier have been rejected. The employees are only expert at pointing to another person or department that also has no idea how to resolve the problem.

eduardor53
10/24/18

I am a client of Spectrum since they took over Bright House and in less than a year my Internet bill multiply form $42 to 62 to $82 . I called Spectrum today and ask them why my bill keep going up since I only singed up for Internet, no cable or phone service. ?
They had the nerve to tell me it was because I was part of a promotional offer when I know for a fact it's not true . Long story short , I was with Bright House for 7 years and less than one year with Spectrum . Next month I will be cancelling my Internet service with these people. Spectrum area bunch of crooked people . !

kevins579
10/24/18

How will they cope when they eventually lose all their customers for their great business practices? I have returned all equipment and cancelled services...but continue to receive calls from "Rectum" concerning paying my bills for their services. WHA??? I want to tell you..I must sound good over the phone....but maybe I sound great when I'm screaming profanities at a Rectum operator. I contacted the FCC and filed a complaint with hope that I can live a cable and internet free existence away from Rectum services. Just maybe though...they are trying to get us off our asses and exercise or get outside. All I know is that I'm done with Rectum...and its life changing to be free of high internet and cable bill. The CEO of Rectum can eat two bags of $#*!s.

fabiolaa4
10/22/18

Spectrum came out on a weekend to instal new internet service at my home. After 4 hours the technician tells me that my service line signal wasn't working so he would have someone come out to finish the installation. No one came. After multiple calls and being given the run around I am still without internet 48 hours later. These @$$holes did not deliver the service promised. They failed to complete a new internet installation job in the time agreed upon and charged my credit card for services not rendered. I am absolutely disgusted. Never had such piss poor service. I am gonna make sure i repost this on every website that allows customer service review.
Beware of spectrum ! They take your money and give you the run around. They don't even follow up on their own screw ups.

lindah693
10/22/18

I absolutely hate spectrum and am sick of there monopoly. We have internet 100 mbs they say, NO it's not even 50 yet they just raised our bill. Have had numerous techs and supervisors out here, They blame the problem on the modem or our phones or our router. They never find the problem. We have replaced EVERYTHING, PHONES, MODEM AND ROUTER. So now they are blaming it on my laptop. They use there phone or laptop and get very high speeds and then when your laptop is getting half the speed they say we are getting the fast signal according to there phone and laptop. I will NOT BUY ANOTHER LAPTOP AND SAID TO THEM IF i HAD A BRAND NEW LAPTOP AND STILL WASN'T GETTING THE HIGHER SPEED WHAT WOULD YOU SAY. THERE ANSWER AGAIN WAS..... WE ARE SHOWING THAT YOU ARE RECIEVING THE SPEED WITH OUR EQUIPTMENT. THEY ARE FULL OF BULL$#*! AND BIASED. THEY LIE TO THERE CUSTOMERS AND DO NOT FIX THE PROBLEM, THEY DO THE BLAME GAME ON YOUR EQUIPTMENT. DO NOT GO OUT AND BUY NEW EQUIPTMENT IF THEY SAY IT'S YOUR EQUIPTMENT IF THERE IS A PROBLEM BECAUSE WE DID THAT AND AGAIN THEY NOW BLAME IT ON MY LAPTOP . I HOPE WE GET ANOTHER SERVICE OUT HERE BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT YOU DON'T HAVE CHOICES FOR INTERNET SO THEY DON'T CARE TO HELP. WE USE TO HAVE TV, INTERNET AND PHONE UNTILL THEY GOT SO RIDICULOUS IN THERE PRICE . NOW JUST THE INTERNET AND THEY DON'T DELIVER THE SPEED THEY CLAIM YOU WILL GET AND HAVE MANY EXCUSES THAT ARE JUST PLAIN LIES.

wolfd6
10/21/18

Customer service staff are trained to avoid questions and generally run you in circles. They are taught to lie, give you misinformation and convince you it's not a necessity for a tech to visit and correct the problem. This rotten monopoly should be shut down
by the government!

cherylb313
10/21/18

I have Spectrum Internet and signed up for Spectrum Choice, selecting my 10 channels and receiving local channels as well. Hardly a day goes by where I can watch without the channel being cut with an error message. The message gives me a code to use when calling in for service. I have received 5 different codes. Sometimes Spectrum just doesn't connect the TV and the message says "Try again later" Seriously? Also, often a couple sentences are repeated in the show, and there is an interruption for buffering. I have called tech support at least 3 times about this and the techs are very poor. One was totally unfamiliar with the codes and I could tell she was just reading the definition of them from a list. I don't care about what the codes mean, just fix it. All the techs could do was tell me they were having problems (duh) and reboot my system which didn't help. When I switched to Spectrum from ATT a very knowledgeable Spectrum Technician on the phone had me check my Internet speed and he said it was right up there where it should be for TV. I am considering going to YouTube TV. It would be about $15 more per month and I would get lots more channels.

tylerd79
10/21/18

AWFUL internet service. Terrible terrible terrible. Zero stars. Straight trash. Raising prices on cable when they already cut half the channels (& with no decrease in price, ridiculous, but removing half the channels) now internet going up when they are the worst internet service ever, constantly disconnecting and slow! TRASH. THOUGHT THEY WERE GETTING KICKED OUT OF NYS?!?!?! GET THE HELL OUT AND NEVER COME BACK. CRASH AND BURN.

askino
10/20/18

never saw like this bad internet company omg
every 20 min internet un connet..........
best company cox i wish they have service in ontaria california
never again this company..............................

maureenb99
10/20/18

Salesman was nice. That's the end of where I can say nice. They were scheduled to come out to our house and a specific time and came 45 minutes early and the guy cut our cable off and then said he couldn't come back until the next day because my husband wasn't home even though we were told a specific time. I spent over eight hours on and off with these people on the phone. They have not heard the last of me. Never in all my life have I been so disrespected.

terrible new boxes doesn't show the time besides rates keep going up.

By Flo F.

You can call and make a complaint. Someone with absolutely no authority to act upon your probably sincere desire for better service will transcribe your words and sent them off where they may or may not be reviewed. The only real ability to have to connect with someone who can make a "decision" is if you're negotiating the terms of a service arrangement, in which case just play hardball, or keep calling back in until you get what you want.

By Daniel L.

They do not care about customer retention. That being said.. I have to believe it is the poorest business model I have ever come in contact with.

By Cassandra T.

Spectrum's DVD is badly programmed with bugs, that interferes with normal operation. Spectrum does not seem to be able to fix those bugs, so I would not expct good service until, they hire much better programmers.

By Frank O.

Questions? Get answers from the Spectrum staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Spectrum