Review of Spectrum

Saint Louis, MO 63131, US
marty.rowland@spectrum.com

lyndaa23
8/20/18

3 to 4 times a week Spectrum app completely crashes, and it's always the same time at night, As I work odd hours this is my free time, and time that I pay for and have for 30 years. When you call they say there is no outages in the area, then when you amp it up the rep says "It's a known issue and technician's are working hard to fix it. Only that is a robot response they are told to use. I have the chat saved where every single rep said exactly the same thing. Then when I complained that a rep took 4 hours to answer me, the next shift rep repeated the "it's a known problem" speech, only the app was not down at the time.they don't even look to see what the problem is. So as I have odd hours sometimes up to 50 percent of my paid TV does not work, Their advertising is a lie, and should be investigated by our representatives and the AG. They are not giving us the service they advertise, and don't even TRY to help or compensate their customers, and their service reps lie. When I call they ask if you are willing to do a survey, I always answer yes, but because they could not help, and not even try to help, they do not call back. Even their survey is fake

quettad
8/19/18

I switched over to Spectrum earlier this year. They hiked up the prices and they have the worst services ever! I have had to call every week just for the automated system to "send a signal " to the devices. Then I finally got fed up and had a technician come out. Not even a week later everything, phone, cable, Internet went out. I call the customer service as usual and you get the substandard service where they ask you stupid questions like, "is the box on, did you unplug it and plug it back in"? I swear they are obviously not putting money in qualified techs. Then I speak to the manager who made it seem like it was my problem and kept speaking over me until I turned into she devil. I pay almost 200 dollars a month and I can't even get internet at a decent speed! I wish I would have went on here before I got their service. Please stay away from this company! They are the worst ever!!!

Once again "OFFLINE"

carolanneh2
8/18/18

This company is ripping off their customers. The worst service I ever had! I pay for the high speed and get the slowest service ever. Doing a Trace Route and find that I am getting sent to 14 different routes each getting worse. Download speed is now at 218... Tech support states that this is a known error that they are working on, however they have no idea when it will be resolved.. If you have other options other then Spectrum. Take it. STAY FAR AWAY FROM SPECTRUM. BEWARE!!!

lauram551
8/18/18

From my 1st experience with them to my last, it was all unfortunate. The customer service is the absolute worst, they over charge for everything, don't have valid explanations for the things they charge for and are just all around conducted unprofessionally. When I called for a billing question today I had the unfortunate experience of talking with a rep who told me "I was a bank manager so I know how all banks work, and this is why you were charged $209.00". WHAT KIND OF EXPLANATION IS THAT?! Thanks for passing the buck and saying it's my banks fault you guys over charged me. That was the final straw for me. Drove back home, got my router, turned it in and then bought Xfinity. Never looking back at Spectrum.

deloresj11
8/17/18

I called Spectrum to transition to their service and leave the one I was with as I thought through all the mailings I had received they were the better company. I talked for an hour with an agent and got all the information about the plan I would be receiving. A date for installation was given with the hours to expect the technicians. I took off work and sat home for the 4 hours blocked for my time to receive the service. At the end of the time, I called Spectrum and was told they had no record of an appointment for me. I was furious and told them to forget it.

mikeh671
8/17/18

Spectrum SUCKS. The prices are all over the place. I called and canceled the sports channel and they turned off every other channel I watched..I called them back and was like what are you doing turning all the channels I watch OFF, EVERY CHANNEL. I have had to replace cable boxes until I'm blue in the face. Lines out the door to return a cable box. I have been a cable customer for 25 years...Im looking for something better than WORST. what a failure spectrum is.

tylerp69
8/17/18

WHAT A MONEY HUNGER COMPANY: I started with spectrum one year ago. I have there basic tv package, DVR,tier one and tier 2 channels,phone and internet.
Last month was my one year anniversary. I did not know that my pricing would increase. My charges for the 1st year was $142.68 Now they have increased it to $186.78 keep in mind i'm on a fixed income and could barely afford the 142.
So I decided to call and remove some services to get with in what i could afford.
LOL they don't want to talk about lowering your bill.
I wanted to cancel everything and have just the basic channels and Internet they gave me a price of 164.86 a month
PLEASE BEWARE once they have you hooked they stick it to you.
and the customer service reps that gave me the new pricing where rude and inconsiderate
BEWARE PEOPLE BEWARE.

jank121
8/16/18

We were completely satisfied with our cable for over 20 years. Now that they have gone digital, it sucks. First they require you to get a box for each TV that you have in the home. Then you have to figure out how to set it up. Now we have to pay more per month for each box that we use. And on top of that, when you rearrange your home and disconnect the cable wire, it doesn't work when you plug it back in (and calling customer service didn't help). So if the goal is to get you to watch less TV, B R A V O. Hats off. It's working. Now we are looking at other options.

rogerp107
8/15/18

After a year of service the are jacking the price from $29.99 to $79.99 got TV, $34.99 to $54.99 and Phone from $29.99 to $19.99.
They should be some legislative gap especially as in my area they have the monopole as Fios is not available.
At least when Brighthouse was in charge they were more realistic with the need of their customers.

bethw128
8/15/18
• Updated review

After sending an e-mail to Spectums Customer Service, I received a reply the same day saying a manager would be calling me to set up a time to come to my house and check for issues. I received 2 calls the next day and a Supervisor came out today and spent over 2 hours checking connections inside and out of my house. He replaced some old equipment and so far everything is working.

“ON DEMAND STOPS IN MIDDLE OF SHOWS”
• Previous review

On Demand stops in the middle of shows and gives a Error Message saying :This show is no longer available". I have made 3 calls concerning this and received 3 different answers ... the problem is still happening. This time they said it was because my payment is late. My service is not shut off ---- they are basically slowing it down for payment (?). I tried to leave a "Dis-satisfied" Review and their system WOULD NOT LET ME !!! I have been a loyal Customer for 30 plus years. Now I am looking for another TV and Internet provider.

cosmel
8/15/18

If I guve negative stars to to this company I would give it a -5 for lack of customer service non satisfaction and for late installation fee also for the miscommunication that they have going on now. Lying Leeches wallet money sucking company.

dg153
8/14/18

IF I CAN GIVE NO STARS THAT WOULD BE TOO MANY. THEY FORCED ME TO GIVE A RATING AND A 1 STAR SEEMS TOO GENEROUS.
HOW CAN SPECTRUM DARE TO OFFER "SPECIALS" TO NEW CUSTOMERS AND SAY THAT THEY ARE BETTER THAN FIOS AND OTHER PROVIDERS, WHEN THEY RAPE THEIR LONG TIME CUSTOMERS AND NICKEL AND DIME THEM TO DEATH!!! I'VE BEEN WITH BRIGHTHOUSE/SPECTRUM FOR 15 YEARS. I AM PAYING $200 / MONTH FOR LOUSY SERVICE, LOUSY CHANNELS, CABLE TV THAT HAS THE SOUND GO IN AN OUT EVERY FEW MINUTES AND 2 TECHS WHO CAME TO MY HOME TO SAY THAT IT'S FIXED, INTERNET AND PHONE THAT GO OUT AT LEAST A FEW TIMES A MONTH AND THEY TELL ME NOTHING'S WRONG!!! NOW THEY TELL ME THAT EVERY TV IN THE HOUSE MUST HAVE A BOX AS OF 9/5/18 OR THEY WON'T WORK. OF COURSE, IT WILL COST ME AN EXTRA $5.95 A MONTH PER BOX TO GET THEM. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! ON HOLD FROM 30 TO 45 MINUTES MINIMUM!!!! SHAME ON SPECTRUM!!!!

billyf41
8/13/18

1. the DVR/Receiver either stops or resets itself when there is thunder and lightening and we loose our signal.
2. When I attempt to call customer service I am on the phone listening to terrible music for at least 30 minutes or more. I am with Spectrum about 3 months. I have lost count of the times that I spend on the phone waiting to talk to a live person to her my complaint.
3. I switched to Spectrum from Direct TV. I am now considering switching back to Direct TV.

beths202
8/12/18

Unreliable, horrible service... Internet cuts off several times a day. If you work from home or a student trying to do your assignments, it is absolutely hell. Would rate a 0 if that was an option.

tinaa102
8/12/18

enough said really ! its gotten worse than brighthouse , way worse !
dvr dont work right ,t.v. buffers ,and internet gaming??? forget that, will be cancelling soon anyway. ridiculous customer service ! they dont care AT ALL!!!

will not recommend , instead i will warn people not to try SPECTRUM.

delorisk2
8/11/18

Yikes! Now vcr and dvd recorders won't work. I called and they offered me a DVR. It came by FedEx and I located it the next day; There was no way I could attach it to my old tv as there was not a correct type of cable included. I never took the unit from the box and returned it 3 days later. My bill came and I was charged for the 2 days left in the July billing period and $25 for the DVR service which I Had ;never set up nor activated. They had offered me a technician to come and set it up for $40!
I have written 4 letters to customer service and never had a response, and telephone and chatline communication has been far from helpful..

susanj251
8/11/18

I'M CONFIDENT OUR GOVERNOR WILL KICK THIS EVIL OUT OF NYS AND NOT SOON ENOUGH FOR THE PEOPLE OF NYS.
BAD CABLE TV. BAD INTERNET.. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, CONFLICTING INFORMATION FROM THE COMPANY AND IT'S MAINTENANCE WORKERS.. I CAN'T BEGIN TO TELL YOU ABOUT ALL THIS ISSUES SINCE THEY TOOK OVER FROM TIME WARNER.. IF I DID.. THE BOOK WOULD BE BIGGER THAN WAR AND PEACE.. GET OUT OF NYS YOU MORONS!

jayashrees
8/10/18

Lousy service. Always having outage. If they pay me every time we have an outage I will be a million. Don't promise 200 mbps give 50 consistently. If you can provide service return our money close it shop and run away.

johnm2228
8/10/18

Get a notice of a $20 price increase, for what type of service has an increase that high? I called to complain & they where the just out right rude, they just didn't care. My S.S. didn't increase that much ( I which it did) they just flat out told me to leave there company. (yes I will go to AT&T) have no choice in this area. I just wish that people get together & boycott Spectrum. If there was a negative star to rate this company I would vote for that

tg92
8/9/18

I FIND MYSELF CONSTANTLY HAVING TO RESET MY ROUTER, IF YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING A WORK FROM HOME JOB I WOULD NOT COUNT ON SPECTRUM KEEPING YOU CONNECTED. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR JOB BEHIND THEM. I SWITCHED THINKING I WAS GOING TO GET A BETTER DEAL ALONG WITH BETTER SERVICE. I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG!!!! I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE NOT TO SWITCH TO SPECTRUM. THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. AT&T WOULD BE YOUR BEST BET FOR GREAT!!! HOME SERVICE AS SOON AS I CAN I AM LEAVING THEM. TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!

ronz27
8/9/18

If there was a negative star rating, I would give them a five. Bundled phone, internet and cable service to save money and each was equally disappointing. No doubt the worst service provider I have ever encountered. If you have another choice of providers, take it. Spectrum is the absolute worst hands down. Disgusting!!!!

Tip for consumers: Avoid at all cost!

jeannea36
8/8/18

I am sitting waiting for a repair man who was supposed to be here between 2-3 pm - it is now 4:10! I never had this trouble with time warner or expensive boxes you had to get or paying a higher price on my bill! I would not recommend them to anyone.

hm92
8/8/18

I just stopped into our local Spectrum Cable Store (Brittain Rd., Akron, Ohio). Their service rep (Felicia) was rude, clueless and no help whatsoever. There is no "service" in customer service with the company. I wouldn't even give (Her) therefore them any stars. Akron would be better off for them to close up shop ~ I'd rather have no internet or cable than to have spectrum. Felicia was adding notes to a 96 year olds account rather than mail a form to the 96 year old ladies address to prevent her from setting up auto pay. GREAT JOB Felicia at Brittain Rd Spectrum. Don't make life any easier than it has to be for someone pushing 100.

jacalynd2
8/7/18

That is what customer service at Spectrum told me. They said that their On Demand provider is working on a fix and patches. For 8 months! Examples of what happens: try to access on demand and it says not available at this time, some networks are available while others won't work, it looks like on demand is working, but when you select a specific episode, it sends error message to screen, while watching an on demand program it just stops working and boots me off. When I complain that I'm paying a high dollar amount for cable and surely this could have been fixed by now, they tell me that on demand is free with my paid cable. That's an out and out lie. Since on demand is provided by a third party to Spectrum, they are paying for it. Even though I don't see a line item charge for it, I'm paying for it through my high cable charges.

darm2
8/6/18

what happened whit spectrum was very good service now worst customer service ever worst than frontier i have problems with my phone lines for 5 days and im pizza shop my business is based on phone lines and nobody can fix for 5 days and nobody can give my answer when they gonna be fixed i call technical support department about 20 times no answer from them very rude employs they tald just seat and wait when i get tired to talk to just employs i ask to transfer to supervisor or manager they just hang up on me they did 3 times one guy left note for supervisor is told me supervisor call back in 45 min but supervisor never call me i placed 3 work orders on aug2 aug3 aug 4 for technician to come to my restaurant to check for the problems al those 3 days nobody show up and was placed 3 work orders on sat i receive call from dispatch and she told me technician comes sunday in the morning i ask her maybe i can change the time and o y god i heard from her what i never dont heard in my life she was so rude looks like she want to fight my on the phone i was paying $200 a month for the service HORRIBLE SERVICE what HAPPEN whit spectrum they have to bring back bright house back

terrible new boxes doesn't show the time besides rates keep going up.

By Flo F.

They do not care about customer retention. That being said.. I have to believe it is the poorest business model I have ever come in contact with.

By Cassandra T.

Spectrum's DVD is badly programmed with bugs, that interferes with normal operation. Spectrum does not seem to be able to fix those bugs, so I would not expct good service until, they hire much better programmers.

By Frank O.

Questions? Get answers from the Spectrum staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Spectrum