SHOP.CA

SHOP.CA has a consumer rating of 1.69 stars from 217 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SHOP.CA also ranks 271st among Electronics sites. The most common issues with SHOP.CA are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• So I made my first purchase with Shop.ca after finding a discount coupon on the web.

• On requesting customer service, I was told my credit could not be honored due to management change in July/August 2016 !
  • If you are wondering why your order still not arrived, the reason is shop.ca doesn't pay suppliers money.
How would you rate SHOP.CA?

“Normal online shopping experience”

Alexander V.
2/21/17

I purchased a suitcase that was supposed to be shipped "within 3 business days". A week later, the item's status still showed as "supplier processing". I called their support line where the recording told me that they were experiencing "normal than higher call volumes" (sic). I had sent an e-mail and indeed received a response within their target response time (24-36 hours). Turns out the item was already shipped and waiting for pickup at my local Purolator depot. There was something wrong with shop.ca's online status update system. Otherwise, my experience was good, the item's price was very reasonable, and shipping was fast and free.

“Never have hope for shop.ca”

Guido X.
3/22/18

The website is really a joke. If you leave some review on Sitejabber, they said they would like to turn it around. I know it sounds wonderful, right? But the fact is, they just told you that the supplier cancel the order without the explanation. That means they can handle your order whatever they like, but shop.ca are not responsible and has no willing to solve any problem! Give my refund back! I want to stay away from this website forever!

customer service (55) order (142) credit card (16) item (85) 2 weeks (11) 3 weeks (9) store credit (7) supplier processing (4) 3 days (6) email (90) gift cards (11) christmas gift (8)
robk29
August 12th, 2015
So I made my first purchase with Shop.ca after finding a discount coupon on the web. I bought a Blu-Ray TV Series Box set Tuesday morning (7AM) and received it today Wednesday (10:30AM). Other reviewers stated customer support or order issues. My order was packaged perfectly and correctly. I am glad I didn't cancel my order after reading all of those negative reviews!
faitha25
August 21st, 2017
I ordered a ukulele a month ago and it said it will be arrived on August 14 and it did so this is a normal website
taram16
June 10th, 2015
I am a first time customer of Shop.ca. I must admit I was hesitant to order as there were so many negative reviews. That said - those reviews do not reflect my experience at all. I purchased an infant travel system (car seat & stroller) and could not be happier. It was more than half off the price I was going to pay at other locations, purchase process was easy & efficient, system arrived in a timely manner and product is exactly what I expected it to be. I would absolutely order from them again.
lisap188
October 31st, 2016
I ordered an item and was worried as I hadn't heart of this company. After back and forth I received a full refund with a girt coming my way. It was exactly like the poduct, but in a different size. Beautiful sheepskin pillow. Thank you Shop.ca. I will be back! Lia MH
ShopCA T. – SHOP.CA Rep
Hey Lisa, we're working to have your order shipped out as soon as possible. I sent you an email this morning. Please feel free to reply back with the best contact number if you would like me to reach out so we can discuss further!
tashag1
May 19th, 2015
After reading all these negative reviews, I was hesitant to order from Shop.ca. I ordered a pair of shoes on Friday, May 15th, and I already received them today (Tuesday, May 19th) in perfect condition, even with yesterday being a holiday and everything. The package was also easy to track with Canada Post. They stayed true to their 3 day shipping - I live in Ontario just FYI. Not only is the website is easy to navigate, but it offers a variety of products for great prices. I would absolutely order from them again!
chadl20
May 8th, 2015
With so many negative reviews I feel obligated to share my simple, positive experience. I ordered a pair of shoes on a Monday evening, got the confirmation they had shipped the next day and received them about noon on Thursday of the same week. Would definately buy from here again.
tonyg53
September 26th, 2015
Guy this website is only good if you know how to use it.
Do not shop until you can find a good coupon. I'll tell you what I did.
I wanted to get some headphones and saw that Audio technica m50x is usually 240 but was on sale for 199, and I found a coupon that gives 60 dollars of credit for items above 175 dollars. I ended up paying about 160 tax included. + free shipping.
That price beats everywhere i searched.
Use these coupons I also picked graphic cards from here and guess what I had 60 dollars off of 180 dollar graphic cards as well. I ve worked at retail before and the store does not make money on computer parts and usually when things are on sale they cannot take additional dollars off because store will lose money on it.
All in all, take advantage of sales and coupons and you will get the best deal in canada. For sure!
ShopCA T. – SHOP.CA Rep
Thanks for sharing your feedback Tony, giving Canadians a great deal is what we are all about!
donnam46
November 20th, 2014
I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews, maybe the positives are just not reviewing. I found it easy to order & pay on Nov 13. I live in Vancouver, both of my items arrived separately on Nov 19 (1 from Quebec, the other from Ontario) and both items were in perfect condition and as I expected.
I must admit, that if it were not for paypal inviting me to shop on shop.ca with a $40 credit on $99 or more, I probably might find their "regular" prices outrageously high. Sale item prices are much more tolerable given the inclusion of free shipping.
All-in-all my shopping experience was very positive.
jesusf9
January 23rd, 2015
I have only bought a few things at Shop.ca, but I have had a great experience each time. The customer service is fabulous, even when I had to return something. I would definitely shop here again.
geralds14
December 9th, 2013
I have never seen a more dedicated staff working towards getting my shipment sent out. I actually felt like a customer and not a number being contacted by droids. I have conversations with them and I find that my experience improves from shipment to shipment. They're a year old and they're very diligent. I recommend shopping with them and having a dash of faith and patience. It will be worth it in the end.
anastasiag
March 19th, 2014
Amazingly fast, reliable shipping and service. Products are always as advertised and arrive in mint condition. If I could buy everything thru shop.ca I would. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
melissal21
January 31st, 2014
Recently signed up with shop.ca and my experience has been great. The sign-up was easy and simple. I ordered a few books, I received them all within the expected shipping period (5-7 business days), and shipping was free which was convenient. Overall, great shopping experience, will use again!
annar43
November 20th, 2014
I searched online for a gift and found it on shop.ca with a huge discount! But after reading so many bad reviews, I was hesitant to purchase from this site. I went ahead & ordered it anyway, & I was completely surprised. My item was delivered less than a week after I ordered it, in perfect condition! Very pleased.
tiborb
February 4th, 2015
Excellent service. I was waiting for a Tascam CD200 cd player backordered from an online merchant for over two months and no other site had them in stock either due to supply issues. I took a chance and ordered from Shop.ca and called them on Saturday to see if they indeed had them in stock. The salesperson quickly offered to verify that their warehouse did have them and was courteous and cooperative indicating that if they did not have them in stock they would give me a refund on Monday so I would not have to wait again. He called me back within an hour and indicated that he communicated with the warehouse and they would be shipping the player in a few days. The player arrived on Tuesday, well within the indicated timeframe on their website which states that it "ships within seven days". It seems the company is improving their service and I am extremely satisfied with this experience/transaction. Great service even though many in previous reviews indicated otherwise. Thank-you!
vals15
August 11th, 2015
Ordered a t-fal grill. Great price and on time delivery. Arrived in perfect condition. I wouldn't hesitate to use shop.ca again.
francoisc1
August 15th, 2015
Got a great deal with a coupon, my order was shipped the next day and was received the day after that.
johnnyb35
December 11th, 2014
Ordered a Vitamix blender on sale and received in 6 business days in excellent condition.
20% cash back from ebates as well:)
Pretty sweet dealio!
auntiej
December 13th, 2014
I ordered a Chordbuddy Jr guitar system for my niece and nephew a couple of weeks ago, after never having heard of Shop.ca before. They offered the best price I could find on the web, and NO SHIPPING PENALTY FOR LIVING IN CANADA. However, after I placed the order, I read the reviews on this site and was mortified. I thought I'd probably never see that little guitar. Well, the guitar arrived at my house 4 business days later. In perfect condition, packaged well so no shipping damage. I told my neighbour about it, and she asked me to order one for her, too. I received the "Your item has shipped" notice the next day, so the second guitar should be here by Monday. Maybe I just got lucky. Not sure. But the number of horrible reviews on here (including some that just say "they don't provide enough details on the merchandise") makes me think there might be a competitor out there submitting false reviews. I would certainly recommend Shop.ca from my experience. I especially appreciate a company that has taken the initiative to broker online shopping for Canadians; if I had ordered this item through a local supplier, instead of being $157, it would have cost another $70 minimum for shipping and customs brokerage fees. That's inexcusable, but it's what we Canadians have been putting up with forever. I will be shopping at Shop.ca again for sure.
farooqr
February 25th, 2013
I have a lot of love for my homeland of Canada, and Shop.ca is the fastest growing ecommerce site. I used to always buy from Amazon, and they're great, nothing against them, but I wanted to support a local company. So now I buy all the random electronics and appliances I used to get on Amazon on shop.ca instead. Also they have a neat perk that whenever you get a friend to to join their (free) rewards program you get $25, which is pretty nice. I've gotten 3 friends to join so far. I should also say shop.ca has pretty good/friendly customer service. I've never found Amazon's phone number (although I suppose they have one somewhere) but you can call shop.ca at *******722 which I thought was neat. Enjoy!
emilyc23
November 16th, 2013
Fantastic! Bought a carseat that rarely goes on sale, was able to apply the $50 paypal and shop.ca credit, plus was able to google a coupon code for an additional $10 off.
Will use again!
catherineb7
December 4th, 2013
To be honest, I ordered my items prior to reading the reviews. I started to panic after reading some of the reviews and considered cancelling. However, I ordered on Monday evening and my ordered arrived via UPS at my door by Wednesday afternoon. So, very happy with the service, the pricing and the goods! Thanks!
jakeq
October 8th, 2013
I've ordered from shop.ca a few times and had more orders fulfilled quickly and accurately. I like their site and the fact that they are Canadian.
sylviam2
May 18th, 2013
I order a cordless telephone on a Wednesday, after having reviewed several different products and checking on the prices from various stores and the manufacturer before ordering. As the particular item I wanted to purchase wasn't available at all stores, and the fact that I would have to pay shipping charges from the manufacturer and on-line sites that carried the item, I ordered it from SHOP.CA.

Wednesday afternoon, the order was placed and by noon on Friday, the item arrived. It was packaged securely and it works wonderfully.

I would not hesitate to purchase from this on-line company again due to the exceptionally quick delivery and the fact that the product was brand new and it appears to be a site that stands behind what they sell.
davidg90
November 22nd, 2013
Customer service was slow but it's probably just because of the extra business they have coming in. I'll use them again.
carlw23
December 26th, 2013
I saved so much money on this site. I basically got a PS4 with a game for $300 including tax. A Nexus 7 for 140 with tax and numerous ps4 titles for 24$. Be crazy not to use their site for deals

Hey Lindsay, if your item happens to be damaged during shipment please let us know right away and we will absolutely work with our merchant to ensure that a replacement is sent out to you!

See more answers (4)

Hey Amanda, you can definitely use your PayPal account for purchases on SHOP.CA!

See more answers (2)

What is being done about all the negative comments being posted about shop.ca? has shop.ca sorted out the bankruptcy and has a future or will it's membership drop and those who remain not get the cashback deals or even have enough confidence and trust to shop with shop.ca with the company seeming troubled. there is not a lot of press about the the current status of the company, more of the past press shows up in searches which has to have a negative effect on consumer confidence and even merchants wanting to sell on shop.ca because of the fear of damaging their brand if consumers are dissatisfied and posting complaints. i would really like to know the answers from someone who actually can answer accurately, not from someone that is just slamming the company or making comments about the costs of product since that has very little to do with the service or dependability of the company. in my opinion trust and service is a bigger concern over getting the cheapest price. shopping on line shouldn't just be about squeezing every penny out of a merchant, it should be also about getting product reliably, conveniently and having accountability for any problems customers may have. without getting what your paying for and expecting buying the cheapest possible price that can be found for a comparable product means nothing. i would hope a company focuses on all aspects of why a customers shops with them, not just being the cheapest, i much rather allow someone to make a bit more profit if that allows them to build a better service that is trustworthy and reliable.

Hi Sean, You will notice that we are responding to all comments and have now, finally, resumed normal services. Our email response times are within 24 hours and all items are being delivered ina timely manner. The cash back programs are running along with other affiliates and aeroplan deals. As you can imagine, ever since the bankruptcy news, getting stability back was our biggest concern. We are working very hard to win back our customers and vendors because we understand that the faith had dropped. But we want to continue the good work that was being done before. You can also see from our products that we are reasonably priced. Our motto is not to be the cheapest, but to be the most reliable. And we are working towards that. Hope this helps restoring some faith. Regards

By ShopCA T.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SHOP.CA staff and other customers.

Shop.ca is the starting point for shopping and saving online. We're delivering the very best deals to you and for you, all in one place. Make us your first s...

ShopCA T.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SHOP.CA?

Have a question about SHOP.CA?