Review of Jessica London

PO Box 8320
Indianapolis, IN 46283-8320, US

ruthc145
3/18/19

I have been purchasing clothing from Woman Within, Full Beauty, & Jessica London for over 10 years. I have been satisfied, but quite frankly I never pay full price. I wait until they have a percentage off or cash back offer (the cash back is with a purchase of $50, $75, or $100.) If I am not satisfied with something, I return it. I do not expect when I buy online for it to be exactly as it is described. If there are reviews, I always read them. It really helps to not bother with items that others have found unsatisfactory but helps also with items others think are great & worth the investment. I belong to Full Beauty's membership club. Its annual fee is either $20 or $30 & has been worth the money for me as shipping is around $4 and free returns. The thing I don't like about it is not able to get the good shipping deal on Woman With & Jessica London even though they will accept Full Beauty credit card & are part of the same company. Since they switched over to Comenity Bank I do have to admit when I have a problem they are not as "user friendly". However,I have noticed any of the companies that used to have their own credit cards and switched to Comenity are the same. The retailers must get a really good deal from the bank, and the customer doesn't have the comfort level they had before the switch to Comenity. With all of this said, one has to give them more than one chance and to READ THE REVIEWS. Sorry, they have gotten so many complaints.

maryl736
1/7/19

I would strongly recommend NOT to purchase from this company. Their products are just fair quality and their customer service is AWFUL! I received a ill fitting tunic as a Christmas gift and was told that I could not return or exchange it for size even though I received it less than 2 weeks ago! This is not a reputable company. Do not buy from Jessica London

Response from Corinne D., Jessica London Representative
Hello Mary, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Jessica London. I apologize for the frustration you experienced. Items can be returned or exchanged within 60 days of the original ship date. Please note, if the purchaser did not ship the item to you with a Gift Invoice, the exchange must be requested by the purchaser.
laverned14
1/7/19

I've been buying clothes, boots, coats, and shoes from Jessica London, Romans and Woman Within for years. I've never had reason to complain about cost, quality, customer service or returns. I bought about 5 or 6 pairs of boots, several velvet sets and sweaters and returned some things. They stay on the phone with you until you find what you are looking for. I had a horrible experience with BerryLook, totally false advertising. So after that I stay with the company I can trust.

noemiv3
1/3/19

I order boot, the size was to small. I looked at my catalog that had a promotion code of JL50 gifty, So I fill up the slip and sent it back for a different boots on Nov 23,2018. On January 3rd 2019 I call to see the status on my boots no one from their called me to let me know that I was never getting my boots or if the money was gonna be returned back. I spoke to supervisor George and he was very unprofessional he told me he didn't know what he what to do. That is I wanted the boots i had to pay full price and the price And not the promotion cold that was in the book. I told him that they should have a promotion if They are not going to honor it. It is called false advertising. I would not recommend Jessica London to anyone.

Response from Corinne D., Jessica London Representative
Hello Noemi, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Jessica London. I am very sorry for the poor experience you had. Please send a message including your last name, zip code, and order number and I'd be happy to further look into this.
jayf96
12/10/18

Got a email that said the item shipped but FedEx did not show the tracking code on their system. I would say it was obvious that Jessica London had the item to ship but someone took the item before it was shipped. I had to scramble to find a different web site that had a similar present for me to order. Jessica London was out of the item that I wanted. I do give them cudos for promptly refunding my money but it took an argument for them to do so. I would strongly recommend against ordering from Jessica London.

carlam40
12/9/18

I just recently placed an order for a pair of shoes then found the shoes cheaper somewhere else. I tried to cancel my order but the customer service representative said I couldn't. Ridiculous. As soon as you place an order & try to cancel it they claim it is "processing". So they never have to cancel your order. I will never order anything from them again. Rip off & the customer service representative was very unpleasant.

ms447
11/21/18

I have been a loyal member of Jessica London/Comenity Bank for over 20 years. My credit limit was over $2000 and has now been decreased to $850. I spoke with representative and they claim they check my credit and decided to lower my credit limit. This is a procedure I never heard off. I have credit cards with major credit companies and have never experience this issue. I will be closing my account and sending a complaint to Better Business Bureau.

nancya201
11/8/18

For the SECOND time, Jessica Londons Credit older, Commodity Bank contacted me regarding AUTOPAYMENTS that were NOT received, (THEIR LANGUAGE) I am now charged 37.00 Dollars per month ( 2) that payments were not received. The Collections Agent, told me "You are not alone, several people have reported that to me". Something is NOT RIGHT; FIRST time, shame on them, SECOND, SHAME ON ME> I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN. They will RUIN your credit! They know its going on.....more $$ for them

yvettes31
10/19/18

This company is a fraud. They are supposed to be a plus sized clothing store yet there clothes run extremely small. I am 12 misses and ordered a size 14 womens from there store and the pants didn't come up pass my knees. Then they charged me $15.99 for shipping and when I returned what I feel were damaged items, they also charged me $7.50 return fee. So in all they charged me $23.50 to return items that I feel were sized incorrectly. Will never order from them again and they had the nerve to try and get me to open a credit card with them. Avoid this store.

roses176
7/22/18

They will ruin your credit don't buy from Jessica London! Member for 16 yrs. returned items they charged me $29 for return items. In all I had to pay THEM $80. and they reported me to the credit bureau for non payment.

STAY AWAY FROM JESSICA LONDON!

michelleb517
6/28/18

Got call 4 difference department to see if order return online billing warehouse customer services and you tell each person you call about your bill PS And that say wrong department

kyler110
6/23/18

Poor quality merchandise and they add fees to your account after the fact, so you think you're good but you get a nasty surprise. CROOKS. Also, they don't let you just pay and close your own account. They make you CALL them or send an online message to request to close the account. JERKS! Stay away.

noty2
6/15/18

I shopped here for about 6 months. What I noticed was a pattern of emails with deceptive promotional discounts. When I'd shop and go to use the discount, I'd find the discounts never "applied." When I went to customer service, they'd say, "sorry, the promo code doesn't apply to what you selected." Everytime, no matter what I selected to buy, I could NEVER use the discount. Beyond frustrating. The last straw was a promo code the company applied for my being such a great customer, spend $100, get $50 off. Again, no go. The clothes are expensive and not well made. Without a discount, and it's not close to worth it.

I'm a hard working nurse. There's a lot of other plus size clothing companies out there that not only have excellent customer service, they have have well made clothing and stand by the discounts they offer.

I will not be shopping there again.

luleanl
5/21/18

Ordered 3 suits at promotional cost of $63.99 each and shipping of $15.00. Little did I know at the time that they were charging me for the back order shipping of one of the suits. It was only until I had to return all three suits and was charged for shipping again twice. I ended up paying for shipping for something that did not fit and I could not use. Brianna in Customer Services was nice but did not help the situation. The promotional price did not save me anything. You may as well pay full price. Will not order from this company any more. Shipping is insane.

helenb111
3/24/18

A special offer that if you spent $50, you received a tote bag and notepad. I receive the items I order, but no tote bag or notepads. When I call customer service they told me that because one of my items was on clearance I couldn't get the tote bag. Know where did it say that items could not be on clearance. This is not the first time I have had issues with them. I'm through, I will not order from them again.!!!!!

Response from Corinne D., Jessica London Representative
Hi Helen, my name is Corinne; with Jessica London. I apologize for the frustration you have experienced. Each of our coupons will include a disclaimer that will list purchase requirements and/or exclusions. If you need any assistance locating the disclaimer, please send a message with the promotion code and I will be happy to further assist you.
shivam45
2/28/18

Ordered a winter coat in Nov. Returned it early Dec.--wrong size.Still waiting, March starts tomorrow. No help from customer service.

Response from Corinne D., Jessica London Representative
Hello Shiva, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Jessica London. I apologize for the frustration you have experienced. Please send a message with your order number, last name, and zip code and I'd be happy to further assist you.
sarahs426
2/17/18

I used to order from Jessica London a few years ago, and I have gotten some decent clothes from them. However, this time, they charged a total of $21.49 shipping and handling for an order where nothing fit, and I had to return it all. Usually places charge shipping up front, and $13.99 was pretty high, but I could live with it. But what I didn't know is that when I returned everything because nothing fit, they charged an extra $7.50 for the return. It was obnoxious, and when I called customer service they wouldn't do anything to make it better. Also, the shoes are all man made, so the prices are not even very good.

Response from Corinne D., Jessica London Representative
Hi Sarah, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Jessica London. I apologize for the frustration you experienced. We do offer free exchanges for credit/debit card purchases, however, all returns are subject to the $7.50 return fee if our label is used. We appreciate your feedback regarding our return policy; I will be sure to share your concerns with our team.
jenniferf125
10/21/17

I ordered a business suit which I needed to exchange for another size. It said exchanges were not charged any return shipping so I returned the suit and asked for a different size. Four weeks later (which is pretty slow to process a return though I would let it slide if not for the following) I get a notice from the post office saying I have a parcel from Jessica London which has to be picked up at the post office and $7.35 postage is due!!! Aside from being charged the postage I should not be charged, the bigger inconvenience is that the post office here is a 40 minute drive round trip and I work during the day. I have NEVER had to pick up an item from a large company at the post office with postage due in my entire life and I order a lot of items through the mail. Very unhappy.

Response from Corinne D., Jessica London Representative
Hi Jennifer, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Jessica London. I apologize for the frustration you experienced with your exchange order. Please note, if a shipping fee is charged, it is done on the order, not through the Post Office. This sounds like a fee being charged directly from them. I'd be happy to further look into this. Please send a message with your last name, order number, and zip code.
carold102
8/28/17

Who pays this kind of shipping anymore?? Ridiculous! Based on how much you spend! Makes you think 5 times before ordering something. I'll stick with Amazon Prime. Jessica London you are way behind the times. Bye

Response from Corinne D., Jessica London Representative
Hi Carol, I apologize for the frustration and thank you for the feedback. I will be sure to share your comments and concerns with our team.
irinam15
8/22/17

I ordered an item on 8/17. It was shipped on 8/22! In 5 days!-huge disrespect for customer! No more orders from Jessica London. Not surprise if they go out of business one day.

Response from Corinne D., Jessica London Representative
Hi Irina, we're sorry for the frustration. Order processing generally takes 2 business days. If you placed your order after 2:00 PM EST on 8/17, it would have began processing on 8/18, completed processing 8/21, and shipped 8/22. We appreciate your feedback, and we'll be sure to share your concerns with our team.
yinkas1
7/28/17

I ordered 4 pair of pants which were on deferment pay and I also used a coupon for 20% off. When I returned to exchange the size they did not honor the coupon or deferment any longer. The customer service people were rude informed me the bill was due right away and refused to place order back on deferment. Never ordering here again!!! Yinka Sangoyomi

Response from Corinne D., Jessica London Representative
Hello Yinka, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Jessica London. I am very sorry for the frustration and errors on your exchange order. I've sent you a message requesting some additional info so I can help.
jenniferw231
7/11/17

I ordered 2 swimdresses in two different sizes. I had a 40% off coupon taken off ONE item. I returned one of the swimsuits. They did not honor the coupon on the swimdress I chose to keep. So I had to call back and get the rest of the refund, which they did. Now they sent me another swimdresss, which I did not order (or exchange) and charged my credit card!! Beware of orders you place with Jessica London.

Response from Corinne D., Jessica London Representative
Hi Jennifer, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Jessica London. I was disappointed to learn of the poor experience you had with your recent return. I'd be happy to further assist you. I've sent you a message requesting some additional info.
constancew5
5/30/17

I was very disappointed in the color and lack of quality, the siizing was also off Save your money and time

Response from Corinne D., Jessica London Representative
Hi Constance, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Jessica London. I apologize for the frustration you experience with your recent order. I've sent you a message requesting some additional info so I can further assist you.
maryh327
5/28/17

I ordered two blouses from this company. They were too big, so I shipped them back and requested a smaller size. A week later I received an email informing me they could not fulfill my request for the replacement blouses saying:

Thank you for your recent order from Jessica London.
We have received your return(s), and a credit has been issued back to
your original payment method.
Unfortunately, we are unable to process your exchange order.
Paypal orders can only be placed on the website due to the nature
of the information needed to process such orders. (What does this sentence mean??)
We appreciate your business and thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Customer Relations

They sent me a refund minus the return shipping charges. When I ordered the blouses initially, it said I didn't have to pay return shipping. So I'm out $10.85, and have no blouses. Beware of this company!! Do you think I'll ever order anything from Jessica London again? Not in this lifetime!! (And please do not send me an apology, I'd rather have my money back.)

Response from Corinne D., Jessica London Representative
Hi Mary, Hi Mary, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Jessica London. I apologize for the frustration you experience with your recent order. I've sent you a message requesting some additional info so that I may further assist you.
neas6
5/7/17

terrible be careful what your order your shipping and handling costs will not be refunded. they never contacted me by email or phone. it took forever to get the merchandise.

Response from Corinne D., Jessica London Representative
Hi Nea, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Jessica London. I apologize for the frustration you experienced with your recent order. I've sent you a message requesting some additional info so I can look into this.

Jessical London used to have smaller sizes. Don't know if they still do as I receive only plus size.

By Ruth C.

Returns usually within 10-25 days. I think it may depend partially on how long it takes to get back to them and that all the paperwork is with it. Of course, they take our money quickly, what company doesn't?

By Ruth C.

Yes I have had a similar problem and the quality of their merchandise is not that great as well. So I will never order from them or their sister companies. Don't want to do business with this type of company

By Sharon M.

Questions? Get answers from the Jessica London staff and other customers.

Jessica London?