HoverboardCloseouts reviews

Tel: +1-855-800-5138
support@hoverboardcloseouts.com

randyb83
7/10/17

It took 4 months but HoverboardCloseouts came through. A new hoverboard for my granddaughter. It works fine and all is good. Patience was required.

Response from Hoverboard C., HoverboardCloseouts Representative
Glad it all worked out for you and your patience is sincerely appreciated!
kerrih9
5/4/17

I have had a good experience buying from Hoverboard Closeouts. We received the hoverboard on time and it was in great condition. (Refurbished). My son rides it everywhere and loves it! After about four months, we misplaced the charger. I sent an email asking if they have one and they send me one immediately, free of charge. I have been pleased with the quality of the merchandise and the customer service.

tomah
4/17/17

I stumbled across hoverboard closeouts one night when I was shopping for a hoverboard for my 8 year old grandson that lives with me and my husband.
I ordered 1 refurbished black hoverboard on the 12th of December 2016,when it finally came late on the 27th of December it didn't even work.I promptly got in contact with the company and was given a case # and assured it was no problem to replace or refund the board.Now it is April 16th of 2017,and we still have the broken board,can't get in touch with the company and won't answer our emails..I'm extremely pissed..Whatever you do .DO NOT ORDER FROM HOVERBOARD CLOSEOUT.COM, THEY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR PROMISE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE the board...And trust me it will not work when you get it

kaseyr2
4/13/17

I bought a hooverboard for my daughter for Christmas and did receive it on the 21st.She rode it around the house a few times on Christmas day and it hasn't worked since .I called company on the 27th gave my email and they said they were going to send shipping labels,I never got them .Called a few more times and spoke to a few different people same story..takes 5 day blah blah .now when you call it says you can only reach them by email .So I sent an email .got a reply but still no labels .Now I am reading all these complaints and just have to except I was ripped off

heatherj37
4/10/17

Terrible. They hired a secondary company to take calls and say they will email a return label within a few weeks. Never happened. Wish I would have known what a joke it was I would have never wasted my time calling 5 times. Guess I'm out my money!!!!

ambert28
3/22/17

I just read the reviews and am APPALLED at this company. I'm filing a law suit against them with my lawyer. I have wasted time and effort on phone calls and emails only to be lied to. This is PURE BS.

I hope this company ends up paying MILLIONS to everyone that has been screwed over by them!

patriciat70
3/16/17

purchased 2 boards, one worked one did not sent emails and have called, Waiting for shipping to issue a ups Call Tag still waiting, its been fustrating, UPS does not take that long to issue a call tag, they Lie Lie Lie Still waiting for customer service to reply have never had one accomplishment to an email yet

Response from Hoverboard C., HoverboardCloseouts Representative
Hi Patricia. We just sent you the link to make a prepaid return label
aaronw65
3/7/17

Product didn't last 24 hours...Been complaining to the company since Christmas...I keep getting told shipping labels are "on the way. " What a joke...I'm launching an investigation. This website is a complete scam. You simply cannot do this to kids and get away with it.

Response from Hoverboard C., HoverboardCloseouts Representative
Please use this link to generate a prepaid return label
rondab9
2/17/17

I'm so hurt.. I googled reviews before I purchased this product from my son. There were no bad reviews. After reading all of these reviews now, it seems like all of this started happening right before or around Christmas. Did this company start up then? Needless to say my complaint is exactly like everyone else. I purchased this as a Christmas present it worked for twenty minutes. I filled a complaint with the BBB. and still nothing. After speaking to several customer service reps, they told me that the reason the labels are taking a long time to come is because they didn't know there contact ended with UPS. they said they had to start all over. It's been two months. My son's asks me everyday have they sent the label. It hurts when I have to look at him and say nope. I'm just going to purchase another one. This time I'm going to Walmart.

sarahk120
2/16/17

I bought a hover board for my daughter for Christmas, had it two days before it broke. Called they were sending out a shipping label and nothing. Kept calling they were sending out, they got someone new but it was coming. I even told them on my last phone conversation that I was contacting the BBB and NOTHING. Contacted the BBB (what a joke) they sent out two letters and of course got no reply. So my review gets to go on the BBB website under this company that it. I get a piece of broken crap hover board that is taking up space and they get my money. The BBB did tell me to file a complaint with NJ Attorney General which I did. I think I just lost my money :(. contact info: Kennedysarah42@gmail.com

lisab325
2/15/17

For Christmas we bought two hoverboards from hoverboard closeouts and one of the hoverboards did not work right out of the box and the charger was broken. We tried charging the broken hoverboard with the one charger that did work, it would not charge. Because it had a little charge right out of the box my son had tried it and it wouldn't turn left. I have called 8 times since Christmas and am always told they are sending me a return label and that they will replace the hoverboard and charger, but we can't even get the return label sent out. I am always told it will be sent out within 5-7 days the last time I called they said they would send it out within the next 2 days (this was 3 days ago). We still have never received one. I am worried that if they can't even get a shipping label to us are they really going to replace it? My daughters hoverboard works great but it is sad that we spent good money for a hoverboard we can't even use and we can't get the label to return. I have thought about just sending it back myself but fear that they won't return the money or exchange it. I am at a loss and am ready to just buy my son a new one from another company. They are terrible. Terrible customer service, no one knows what the last person said to me. Everyone makes promises and never follow through. There is no reason a shipping label takes 5-7 days but I have been patient and giving them the benefit of the doubt but two months later this is ridiculous. Now their customer service number doesn't work and says to send an email. Well I have sent several emails and NO ONE will respond. I would not recommend them to anyone. EVER!

beverlyt21
2/14/17

Has anyone ever heard from Hover Board closeouts after they made a complaint? I am in the process of filing a complaint with the office of the Attorney general to investigate the company. I will be providing many of the reviews found online to further this investigation. I suggest you file with them also at: https://njconsumeraffairs.state.nj.us/file-a-complaint/

Response from Hoverboard C., HoverboardCloseouts Representative
https://www.hoverboardcloseouts.com/a/returns for return labels
kirab4
2/14/17

This company is horrible and I am completely shocked that they are still in business! My daughters hoverboard broke 2 weeks after she received it and I called and spoke to customer service and was told that a return label would be sent to my email within 5-10 business days. It has now been 2 months and my daughters hoverboard is still sitting the corner of her room, not working, and I have called and gotten the run around from the answering service at the company, for 2 months! No one has returned my emails and I have never received the return label that I was told would be there in a matter of days. Not only do I want to get my money back, but I want to keep the hoverboard because I don't want to have to go to the trouble of sending it back and never receiving a replacement. I have called customer service 12 times! No response. I am in the process of filing out a report through the better business bureau and have been in contact with my attorney. Horrible business practices!

keniac3
2/14/17

I purchased a Hoverboard on December 12, 2016. I never received a shipping confirmation from them. I called their company 3-4 days later and they told me that they had ran out of the hoveboards and that they will not be charging me. To my surprise I was charged on December 22nd after they specifically told me i would not!!! I then called them and they said that they never told me they were out! I received the Hoverboard after Christmas with no Manual or shipping return label for any issues. This was odd to me!! The stupid Overboard worked for 2 weeks then broke down!! I called them on the issue..First call was made on January 23, 2017. I spoke with Betsy she took my complaint and took my info and told me i will hear back from them within 3-4 days through email and expect a return label. I had no reason to doubt so i waited. 5 days later still no return label! Second call made on January 31, 2017 I spoke with Hector and told him i had been waiting for a shipping label and he apologized and told me that it was still in process!! I asked well how long does it take to create a label?!!! his response was you should receive it within 48 hours because i am personally going to go to the Managers office to push it through. This is bull crap!! third call was made on January 9 2017. I spoke with Hector! as soon as he answered my call i asked to speak with a Manager he immediately began to stutter...he could not even speak..why because he was already getting caught in lies without even having the chance to lie! his first lie after being able to speak was my managers are in meetings due to the bad weather!! ok so what does that have to do with my shipping label!! his second lie was i am going to speak with my Manager personally when he walks out of his meeting! his third lie was when he tried to tell me that my email was incorrect in their system!! wow really!! he also had the nerve to say that he could not promise me any date or time for the Managers call back!! this is ridiculous! after reading all the bad reviews i sure wish i would have read them first before throwing away money!! they toke advantage of people! cheap ass company!!! Please help us shut them down!!! this is not ok..We have kids with broken hearts!!!

doraw12
2/13/17

I bought a hoverboard from them that stopped working 3 days after receiving it. When you call they make it sound like they're going to send out a shipping label to return and " replace" your broken hoverboard. There's 3 people that work in the office to answer your calls. Susan, Joseph, and Gabriella. They will give you a run around and make up various reasons why your shipping label hasn't arrived. I have caught them in several lies. When I threatened legal action, I received a letter the very next day in my email box, apologizing, saying they needed my order number to process the label, so on and so on. It was a generic letter that I'm sure was sent to anyone that was trying to return there faulty hoverboards. I did send back my info, and haven't heard from them since. That was over 3 weeks ago. This has been going on since Jan 3rd. I have turned them into the Attorney Generals office. Hopefully, they can get something going, or shut them down.

Response from Hoverboard C., HoverboardCloseouts Representative
here is the link to get a prepaid return shipping label https://www.hoverboardcloseouts.com/a/returns
angelaa75
2/10/17

Same as everyone else...I bought two hoverboards on works fine the other shuts off during operation and throws the rider off VERY DANGEROUS. I have tried since Christmas to get a shipping label. Then tried to just get refund but won't refund until you get shipping label. Very poor customer service it is a joke. Will never purchase anything from this company ever again!!

jamesp278
2/9/17

Hover board worked for 1 day, has been sitting and waiting for shipping label to send it back. As of right now it has been 2 months since we first contact them about the issue. Still no shipping label. WHY IS THIS SUCH A HARD TASK? No customer support phone line to talk directly to them about when we will receive a simple email with the shipping label. 1 star is the lowest you can rate a company. An i don't see any good reports, more than a 2 star.

dawnk31
2/5/17

I ordered a Hoverboard from hoverboardcloseouts.com on December 16 2016. I did receive the hoverboard in time for Christmas. My 10 year old daughter opened it. It worked around the house for about 40 minutes. She plugged it in to charge it and it froze. I have been calling and emailing for an exchange label since December 26th. Each time I speak with the answering service, someone "guarantees" me that I will receive it "by Friday" or "within 24 hours". This still hasn't happened. Now I just want a return label. They only have an answering system so you are not able to speak with anyone in the company ever. It is so frustrating. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

heidif14
2/3/17

I ordered a hoverboard for my son for xmas and it worked ten mins after riding it indoors around the living room. One side will not work. I'm immediately emailed the company asking for a replacement. No word. I finally find a phone number for them and when I called, they said they were emailing me a shipping label to send back the broken hoverboard and that they were sending a replacement asap. A week later, no email. I have now called 7 times and emailed 9 times. No response to my emails at all and every single time I call, the person claims they are sending me a shipping label via email. I have never received the return label as they claim that there is no one else to talk to, above them. That their customer service only has an email and that they are just a forwarding section. I am angry and have filed a complaint with the BBB and have no result so far. No one seems to want to help me get a replacement!!!!!

ryleea1
2/3/17

If I can't get my money back at least I'll try to get no one to buy from them

Response from Hoverboard C., HoverboardCloseouts Representative
you can make a return label here https://hoverboardcloseouts.com/a/returns
danielley5
2/2/17

I have been calling for a month to get a return label for defective board bought for Christmas. Every time I call I am told it will be next week or 5 business days. They allegedly have a 30 day money back guarantee. I just wanted a replacement board. Now I just want my money back. DON'T BUY FROM THEM.

Response from Hoverboard C., HoverboardCloseouts Representative
please make your return label here https://hoverboardcloseouts.com/a/returns
lorio9
2/1/17

i have been waiting over 3 months for my order! these people are stupid as hell thank god i kept all my emails because they said i received my order and i didnt!

Response from Hoverboard C., HoverboardCloseouts Representative
Lori, you should see your refund today.
sabrinag15
1/31/17

I myself bought my son a hover board for christmas, he only got to use it once. They were just giving us the same story about sending the return label for over a month. My husband and I got so upset we told them off apparently there is no managers they can not transfer you to. So last week my husband contact his bank and told them the situation and refunded us our money back.. So now we purchased him a new one on ebay.. That came with instructions and an actual box!!!

adamm136
1/30/17

I purchased a hoverboard for my daughter for Christmas 2016 and it did not work. They said they were going to send me a shipping label in 3 days and its already 1/30/2017 and still no label. I asked for a refund and they told me to wait 3 days for that and nothing yet. When asked to speak to management I was told their phones and not equipped to transfer calls. Spoiled my 9 year old daughters Christmas.

Response from Hoverboard C., HoverboardCloseouts Representative
you can make a return label here https://hoverboardcloseouts.com/a/returns
angelinaw3
1/28/17

I purshased a hoverbroad from Hoverbroad closeouts for my daughter for Christmas. The hoverbroad does not work I have been unable to get a shipping label to return the broad I have calling since 12/28/2016 nothing yet! The web site states hassle free nothing about this has been has free! I'm stuck with a broken broad and no refund

Response from Hoverboard C., HoverboardCloseouts Representative
You can make a return label here https://hoverboardcloseouts.com/a/returns

if i was you i would get a refund and by for the real hover bored wedsite yes it cost more but you will 100% get your bored this hover bored closeout seem fishy

1-855-800-5138

By Sarah K.

No not scammers I ordered from this same site 3weeks ago took its time but I got 3borads today..

By Jay t.

return labels can be made here: https://hoverboardcloseouts.com/a/returns

By Hoverboard C., HoverboardCloseouts Representative

2 hours do not over charge it or it can blow up if you over charge it to much you can get a manual online for free or you can printed it and the hover bored if it gets wet you can wipe it off but if you drop it is a tub of water you need to call hover bored company the number is online I'm glad you got your bored because my mom brought me one it has not came in yet but we all ready have 2 two so yea

By shay h.

it takes two hours for the bored to charge and do to over charge it to many times or it could blow up and you can get a manual on line for free just type in manual for hover bored

return labels can be made here: https://hoverboardcloseouts.com/a/returns

By Hoverboard C., HoverboardCloseouts Representative

Yes you can it a refund and it will take up to 72 hours if it is not on your card after 72 hours email them if they do not answers keep emailing them and yes people have reported them to attorney general

By shay h.
Questions? Get answers from the HoverboardCloseouts staff and other customers.

HoverboardCloseouts?