Review of GrubHub

Chicago, IL 60602
Tel: 877-585-7878

trinas22
2/18/19

Grubhub is a?scam. I received a grubhub gift card from my colleagues when I was out from having surgery. I have been trying to use my gift card for sometime now, but it keeps asking for either my credit card or debit card
Which I am most certainly not going to give them. All I want to do is use the funds that was paid to them by my colleagues and be done with them. I give their customer service a call and was informed the no o e can redeem their paid gift card without first providing Grubhub with their credit or debit card information. I told that twit on a girl and that asinine of a supervisor it would be a cold day in Hell before I would provide their dishonest company with my financial I formation to redeem a grift card that was already paid for. Than I asked for a refund, which they refused. So I requested that my case be escalated above the idiotic supervisor and I plan to speak with an attorney as I know this cannot be legal: you purchase a grift card, but cannot redeem it unless you provide the company with your financial information to either you credit or debit card. Is that crazy or what!! What I big scam!! I loan to ensure the red d me the money from myy gift card or allow me to redeem it without demanding my financial I formation. Don't ever use the Grubhub company they are nothing but crooks!!!!!!

mattr275
2/17/19

Used twice. First time over an hour late. Second time, never arrived. Recieved call from grubhub 2 hours after I placed the order saying that there was a mix up and that the driver hadn't even left the restaurant. Canceled the order and will never use grubhub again.

ronj111
2/16/19

Originally ordered the food and it said it'd take 35 min. It's now going on 2 hours and after contacting grubhub twice, once via text chat and second via phone call the best "David" could do was tell me his manager would call me tomorrow. Updated* It apparently took so long that the company I ordered food from auto-canceled the order because it closed. Terrible service, will not be using again.

johng1418
2/15/19

Placed an order at 4:58PM. From the app (specifically, the feature where you can see the driver enroute), it appears that the driver (Lisa(?)) picked up my food, and then drive to a local casino. I hope she enjoyed it.

corib7
2/15/19

Doesn't even deserve one star! Two hours I waited only for them to text me the notification that they cancelled my order. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME, use Doordash or postmates app.

hughw21
2/12/19

We waited 2 hours to have food delivered. The restaurant called us after an hour to day the food had been ready but the driver never showed.

anonymousu359
2/12/19

I personally don't like nor do I trust using apps for food delivery; do the traditional way with calling the restaurant directly or pick up take out at the location. One of GrubHub's drivers never made it to the restaurant my husband and I ordered from, made us wait for over two hours: during that time my husband called the restaurant regarding our order, and then the driver claimed/updated the app that our food was delivered when it wasn't. My husband then called GrubHub and explained our situation and all we got was our money refunded. Personally I think after that situation we're owed a free meal paid by GrubHub, but I'd rather leave this review and spread the world to NEVER use this app or do business with GrubHub.

ninol14
2/12/19

Do not use this service! They are a ripoff and do not care about the customer. They grab your money and go, that's what they're good at. Do not deliver, will not refund and lies to you. DO NOT USE EVER!!!!!!

celestes36
2/10/19

Ordered taco bell, $#*! was a hour late. After I called for a refund I called my bank card and they took out more money than what they were supposed to. Tf I will never order from punk ass slow ass grub hub again . And I would not reccommend to anybody

edk94
2/8/19

I was parked and grub hub/ lyft driver with Washington state license plate #BKZ8700 hit my car as well as the car behind him. He refused to exchange insurance information and left the scene of the accident.

I filed a complaint to grub hub and there manager lied and said there's nothing he can do without an order number. These are dishonest people and don't care about anything else but your money.

justinf97
2/4/19

PAid 50$ for pizza. waited 5 hours and it never showed up. grub hub told me they would not give me a refund because i was not willing to wait for the food to be delivered!

naomiw30
2/3/19

My fiancé and I ordered subway from grubhub waited two!!! Hours!!! Says its been delivered! Then it gets canceled! We called and they said oh we don't deliver to your area and you gota wait 3-5 days for your money back oh here 5$ for the inconvenience.... I'm not ordering from you anymore doordash and uber eats is better thanks for nothing.

maryh731
1/31/19

Ordered from Fontina Grill. Driver was great! Food ok. My cost 2 never do this again $95.42. Ordered on 1/31/19 called Grubhub because I did not receive cutlery to eat with. When I called Grubhub at this number 301-968-0870, I was told they nor the restaurant supply cutlery to eat with. Where in the US do, they do this? My fees delivery $12.42 Estimated tax 3.80 Tip $15.90 Plus the cost of food Total $95.42.

amyf175
1/30/19

I used GrubHub to order a pizza from a restaurant I work at. I know exactly how long it takes the kitchen to make a pizza. I also talked to my coworker who put in the order, and she did so as soon as they got it. I waited for an hour and a half past that point. The food was cold. If you're fine with cold food and willing to wait, use it by all means. Otherwise, don't bother.

candices55
1/28/19

I ordered for the first time and LAST time, food that never showed up. I got all the proper updates, " received order " " preparing order " etc. I then received the " Your order has been delivered " , only there was no food. I reached out to customer service, first guy tried to reach driver, no response. The second person was confused as to why I contact the actual restaurant to see if my food was even picked up. The third person literally just cancelled my order and said if there was issues with the refund to contact them again, they would " handle it ". I also was offered a $10 off for next purchase. The whole grubhub idea is crap. NEVER AGAIN

anastasiyav
1/27/19

GrubHub is the worst. Ordered food from them, to find out an hour later that driver never made it on time and restaurant closed. Ok. No biggie. Just was trying to look for something else when restaurant called me that driver is finally there. Called GrubHub and begged them to please ask the driver to take that food and bring it to me. Driver never did. They said my order got cancel and driver have a right not to take it. So they gave me a "free" grub after this. Ok. Me after 2 hours of trying to eat-looking for something to spend that "free" code. But operantly their "free" is not free. Promo code only covers the food part but the taxes and delivery fee had to come from my packet. After everything I've been through last night-I just ordered Postmates. Finally ate my dinner 3 hours later. Never again. Grab hub can eat their "free" promo code. Disrespectful, awful customer service

kristinc88
1/26/19

I placed an order only to never have it picked up but I received a text that is was delivered. I called restaurant to see what happened and my order was still sitting there. I called customer service to tell them what happened. They apologized and said they would cancel my order and refund me along with a credit. I told them that I was extremely disappointed because this was my dinner and my husbyhad to go to work without eating. She was again sorry and gave me a $5 credit... lol I will not be ordering through them again.

drewh52
1/26/19

This company is beyond the worst company my wife and I have ever dealt with. They mess up your order by not checking what you've ordered and ensuring it's all there and when they do mess up your order they won't fix it unless you purchase over $20 just so they can mess it up again.
Literally the trashiest company ever.

jacend
1/26/19

Kept getting updates that are order was delayed. The slap$#*! who delivered the order went to the wrong house. One and done with grubbhub.

sarahis2
1/26/19

They tried to get me into it after they acquired eat24. I actually really liked eat24...Well, they don't deliver on time and many times they don't even deliver your food. I've had horrible experiences raging from food taking 4 hours to deliver from 4 blocks away from me, to restaurants that give me food poisoning, drivers delivering only part of my items, to food that never arrives (x3). Why do I keep using it? Because they have restaurants that don't get delivered by doordash or postmates. Lately, I've been wondering it its worth it

davidb1974
1/23/19

Food never arrives on time. Frequently have to wait 30-60minutes extra for food to arrive. Only worth using if you are dead set on ordering from a restaurant that only offers free delivery through Grub Hub.

josephc571
1/21/19

I ordered from grub hub. They charged me via paypal i waited 40 minutes over estimated delivery time i called the restaurant no order placed i called grub hub They blocked order. No reason given not even a phone call telling me to go to a restaurant and eat jerks offered no solution except please keep using grub hub. The worst deliversry service out there

taneshat1
1/18/19

All this took place within a 24 hour period. I ordered from GrubHub and was told my address wasn't able to be delivered to. I ordered pick up. A snow storm arrived and I was unable to pickup order but the payment was pending on my card. Hours later, after me not being able to pick up my order, I noticed the pending payment went through but my order was never received. When I contacted GrubHub, they stated they could only give me coupons in the amount I paid for instead of my money back. Here's is my receipt and bank statement.

brucem239
1/18/19

GrubHub - don't do it. Delivery took 75 minutes from a restaurant that is 10 minutes away. Delivery time was pushed back twice. After talking to the restaurant, it was clear that the problem was the GrubHub driver. Not only was the food picked up late, but then we could see from the GPS in the app that the driver sat for 10 minutes at the street instead of coming to the house. Finally I get a call from GrubHub saying the driver is lost. OK, if the driver is lost, then have the DRIVER call for directions, not some guy obviously calling from Eastern Europe using a Chicago telephone number. My wife went out to the street to get the food from the driver.

Now it gets worse. The order was incomplete. I call the restaurant (which is fantastic - we have eaten there before) to see what's up. The restaurant has a check-off system for every food item in a to-go order, and they report that the missing item was checked off. The GrubHub driver picked up more than one order, and the restaurant thinks the driver put the missing item in the wrong keep-warm bag. The restaurant offers to send a replacement, but GubHub WON'T DO IT. GrubHub says we have to order the item again. However the item is below their minimum, so they won't do it.

At this point the restaurant has called GrubHub and so have I, both of us getting the same BS about GrubHub fixing THEIR problem. I get the restaurant on a conference call with the GrubHub rep. The restaurant offers to charge $20 for a $15 item, which seems to fix things, but no. I ask about ETA. The restaurant says the missing item is ready to go now. The GrubHub rep still can't give an ETA. What about a refund for the missing food item, or the extra $20 for the replacement that I will have to pay for via the app in order to get the order moving? GrubHub can't give a refund for either of those things. All they can offer is a $5 coupon on a future order.

I ask to talk to a supervisor. I finally get someone who is based in the USA, but she can't offer anything beyond what has already been discussed. She does offer to refund the missing item, but as of this writing that hasn't been done.

GrubHub is a COMPLETE SCAM. Do not use them

ab349
1/14/19

My Chinese order had a specific order which I've never had an issue with before. When it was delivered I could not eat it. I threw it in the dumpster. When I went to their online chat, they sent the driver back & wanted me to get it out of the dumpster & give it back to the driver in order to be refunded, Who in the world would dumpster dive to get $ back. I ate the loss. Will never order from them again. App was deleted. Be aware.

both. But he is not alone, unfortunately. He only got exposed. Millions others are working in politically intolerant places. We have to change that.

By Jenn L.

Nothing. By this inaction I would say to quit using this bad business. Go with UberEats or maybe try getting your own food.

By toby k.

Ah lucky you, your money should always be good there. Much like Nazi party leaders, CEO Matt Maloney does not tolerate opposing political viewpoints

By Nunya B.

This can be expected with a bad company such as Grub Hub. CEO gets his Chub Hub off screwing customers.

By toby k.

LOL...no kidding right! How can places take 2 hours to get food to you and not necessarily at a peak time. Good luck! Hope you were able to cancel it, but wonder if it showed up in the mean time. For this reason I no longer use a card but pay cash when I get the food. Hope you've managed to eat something by now.

By c K.

By toby k.

You can use any credit card associated with your account.

By Gloria P.

A: Company sucks, they would charge you a liter of your own blood then sell it back to you for double the price.

By toby k.

Angela, I wish you could train others in your company to be as diligent in getting orders to their customers. You sound like an awesome employee!! I live in Phoenix, AZ, and my orders are NEVER delivered in the time "offered," with the exception of this past Wednesday, they are usually only about 10 - 15 minutes later... however this last order took nearly 4 hours to get to me. :/

By Berta L.

Jeanne M. It is a group of children playing around, these are no adults....not in my book. Look up what the CEO is doing now.

By toby k.
Questions? Get answers from the GrubHub staff and other customers.

GrubHub?