Review of GrubHub

Chicago, IL 60602
Tel: 877-585-7878

meghane5
5/18/19

Canceled my order twice and took the money out of PayPal. I'll never use this service again. Worst place to order from.

gianid
5/17/19

This company is a scam! We ordered our food but, our food was never delivered! The company stated that driver called (blatant lie), and could not rectify the situation by simply having another driver deliver the items. Grub hub's policy regarding refunds are egregiously ridiculous. I will urge anyone who wants to order with service to go else where.

pennya41
5/17/19

We ordered from a local restaurant around 11:15...kept waiting on the order. Around 12:30 it wasnt here. We saw it had been delivered at 12:03...NOT to us, at our workplace. Then, the icing on the cake was customer service. I called customer service and was told , " the delivery person called multiple time, sent texts ( to our business line - NOT), and sent 2 emails (they did not). Then, when asked to speak to a supervisor, they hung up on me. No assistance in figuring out where our food went. NO refund. Nothing. I am out over 20.00 with no recourse or lunch...no way to leave comments on their social media....worse than poor customer service...same scripted answer.

anua16
5/16/19

Cannot promise an ETA, keep delaying your order until all restaurants close! Hate Grubhub. I wish I could give it 0 stars. They compensate by giving you $10 coupon. TRASH

williamg477
5/16/19

Ordered last night and after 1 1/2 hours the order gets canceled. Call to complain and they give us a $25 promo code. Order again tonight and 1 1/2 hours later they canceled it again. Call them. First they say the restaurant is not answering the phone. Well why when I call do they answer right away? They said the food is there and hasn't been picked up. So then GH says the restaurant has their own driver. Well why would they be waiting for someone to pick it up? GH is a bunch of liars. Do not use this company.

adaobio1
5/15/19

Juan Pablo Galue never showed up with my family's supper yet he marked the tracker as 'delivered the items'! I waited for him for 40 min at the lobby of the Royal Pacific Hotel, next to the place where other companies deliver food. I saw many food deliveries happen but ours never came. Yet I left my room number and my phone number in the delivery instructions. I called Juan's number shown on the tracker. He claimed he showed up and didn't see me! How can he SEE me when he doesn't KNOW me?! I immediately called customer service but the lady just kept repeating "I'm sorry about that. Unfortunately all I can do is offer you two $25 vouchers as compensation, and only one voucher can be used at one time." I was nonplussed. What? Your driver doesn't deliver my food and all you can do is offer me opportunity to shop twice with you?! And I paid $USD60.07 plus tip for that unfulfilled order! I even offered to pay extra for the driver to turn around to bring my family's supper but she just kept repeating the compensation as all she can do. As a cherry on the pie, at the end of the call, she told me to hold on for a brief survey on how well I have been served on a scale of 1 to 5. How darnedly crass! GrubHub is a TERRIBLE company. Please steer clear. Check out BBB to see the gazillion complaints. They are just beyond terrible. I'm disputing the transaction with my credit card company.

benjaminp85
5/13/19

I ordered from GrubHub thinking I was going to get delivery but then I looked and it said pickup would be ready at 8:00.. oops. That was my fault I thought this was a food delivery service for some reason. When I picked up the food I also got a menu and saw the prices on the app we're incredibly jacked up. 13 dollar entrees were 18 dollars on the app. Also I added a tip.. who gets that when I pick up the order.. craziness.

meganw138
5/13/19

Placed an order and received it in a reasonable amount of time. However I did not receive my full order. The driver when contacted stated that the bag was sealed when he picked it up and was told everything was in there. I contacted the restaurant and they said they would provide the sides if the driver came back. Contacted driver who couldn't do it so I contacted customer service. Customer service refused to send another driver and only stated they would refund my money. This is not how you take care of your customers. If I could give zero stars I would.

breb10
5/13/19

Ordered food, supplied cell number, they supposedly contacted a disconnected home phone number (not supplied in my order to call if any issues) they never called cell number provided. They did not deliver. Chatted with theee customer service reps ("let me review your order info") who left me at that message three times. Called and spoke to rep who told me they called disconnected number and they would not reimburse or drop off food.

shannond116
5/12/19

I saw a commercial for $10 off your first order. I decided to try using the app to get carryout from a resteraunt I have never tried that was advertised on their site. After I placed my order using the $10 off coupon I realized the resteraunt had their own site that you could order online from. Grubhub was 61 cents more than I would have paid ordering directly from the website. That was after the $10 off. I will never use them again.

cassies44
5/12/19

Grubhub is the worst delivery service you could possibly have. I live in a huge city and it took them an hour and 15 minutes to even get a driver for my food that was done 45 minutes before. If you think they are going to be fast, think again. And the customer service was even worse. I waited 10 minutes to get a representative and even after I did they were not helpful at all, did not suggest a resolution, and left the chat before seeing if there was anything else I had questions about. Like I said above, by far the worst delivery service out there. Do not order food from them.

shawnw155
5/12/19

I want to like GrubHub, but they suck. The took over food delivery from Yelp. Their delivery estimates are always wrong. They take much longer, but don't communicate that until the moment the original estimate passes. So, for example, an estimate of 6:20 to 6:40 becomes 7:00 to 7:20... at 6:39. Do they call? No. Email? No. You must proactively go into their horrible app to see diner's an hour late. If you call, they apologize. Who needs their cheap and easy apologies? Fix what's broken.

michaelc1702
5/11/19

I've been using Grubhub for years and am finally done with them. I ordered a taco meal which arrived with no shells. After talking with customer service I was offered a $1.00 refund for the shells regardless of the fact that the entire point of the meal was held together by the inclusion of the shells. So now I had a salad basically. Not an appealing salad either. I have literally spent upwards of 15k to 20k thru Grubhub as I have used the service between 5 to 10 times a week because of my work schedule for years now. This is not the first time I've had issues either. I was basically told to bad regarding my order and when I asked to speak to someone who could into this further with me I was flat out told no. The customer service has gotten progressively worse over the years which I find confusing since there is now an abundance of options for other services to use everywhere, which is exactly what I will be doing from now on. Their loss.

stacier23
5/10/19

My co workers ordered food and spent alot of money doing so. The food never came and when GrubHub was contacted, they said no refund (would not give a reason) but did offer a discount! This service is a scam, DONT USE. They are thieves. They need to be investigated.

amandaj189
5/10/19

I'm switching to DOOR DASH. Ordered food on Monday and never received as they had an incorrect phone number. They withdrew from my bank account and just credited me back with $20 vouchers only to use one at a time. They can take it all out of my account at once but they return it in separate transactions. I have used them many of time before. Tonight, tried to use 1 of their vouchers and order food to only be charged the remaining balance on my debit card for the order ONCE again, not to show up. I even text and called the driver to advise of my correct phone number to ONCE AGAIN say delivered and NEVER Received. I advised them to GIVE ME FULL CREDIT and my voucher back. IF ANYONE wants a voucher FOR 1/2 the price for this type of service email me at tobymit15@yahoo.com. DOOR DASH GOING FORWARD. APPEARS THEIR REVIEWS JUST CONTINUE TO GET WORSE. OBVIOUSLY, THEY DONT HAVE A GREAT MANAGER TO RECONCILE SITUATIONS LIKE THAT WHICH IS BAD BUSINESS PRATCIE AND BAD ON GRUBHUB.

michaelp967
5/10/19

I would give them ZERO stars if that was possible. I went online and placed a dinner order and put down that I wanted it delivered at 6:30pm. The order showed it would be delivered between 6:30 and 6:40pm. I got home at 6:25 and my neighbor told me that driver just left. They showed my food delivered at 6:24pm which was a flat out lie. Now why would you ask what time to deliver the food if you are going to try to deliver it earlier and then NOT call or wait for me to get home? I called customer service and was told that they tried to deliver and nobody was home so I could NOT get the food and I could NOT have a refund. I yelled and yelled and they could care less. I hung up and went online and spoke with the customer service and they said the same thing. I was not home and they would not bring me the food I paid for and I could NOT have my money back. After much arguing I was told they would send me a voucher for the $30 I just spent and I could use that voucher to just order the food again. Well that also turned out to be a big fat lie! They sent me 2 vouchers with one for $25 and one for $5. The fine print on the voucher said they could not be combined and that I could not pay for the delivery charge, the taxes or the tip with the voucher. Now I already paid all those things one the order I did not get and now I could not get the order replaced using the vouchers they sent. Talk about 100 percent rip-off! So I got no food. I got charged $30 that they will not refund and I have 2 vouchers that I can not use to pay for the order I never got. Honestly how do you think I feel about Grub Hub???

NEVER AGAIN! Not even for FREE!

robw173
5/10/19

After placing two orders with GrubHub and both were cancelled by Grubhub one
everning, the first order was resubmitted by GrubHub later that evening, not me, not delivered, but charged to my credit card. It was not dissolved or credited from my credit card account, like usual cancelled orders. I received an email from GrubHub that stated that a bank or credit company reported these transactions as "fraud" on the part of GrubHub. Also, the email stated that because GrubHub has lost money on these transactions, I am now banned from using their products (no problem). The net result, though, is that GrubHub did not lose money at all, in fact, they made off with the charge for a fake delivery order later that evening. I'll never use GrubHub again and don't wish anyone the experience I had with them.

raelar
5/9/19

Worst company EVER!!! I have tried to use this service many times and each time they have let me down each and every time. They would take my order and my money and cancel the order! Of course, I called the customer service line I am told there was no driver in the area, so why take the order and my money if you have no drivers? So I called customer service today spoke with RaJay- who answered nothing- he originally said there was no way to know if there was a driver in the area until payment is made??? CRAZYNESS!!!! he then told me once I submitted order he could call another department to check for driver. I asked him to call that same department not to see if there was a driver - he told me NO. I asked for a manager he placed me on hold for over 10 mins and never came back to the line.

lornel
5/7/19

Terrible customer service, have used them for years, but never again.
Received an order with a dead bug in it. Their fault? No, of course not.
But when I called to complaint and get them to bring a new order, I was
told the restaurant was closed (it didn't close for another 45
minutes). And, when I demanded a refund, at first they only offered a
refund of the one item that had the dead bug, not the others (all were
salads made with the same lettuce). After reading them the riot act and
them trying to say it was up to the restaurant, they finally agreed to a
full refund...which I have yet to see as they say even though it only
takes them 5 seconds to charge my card, it takes 5 days to get a refund
since that's the rules of my "financial institution" (for the record,
American Express will show a pending refund the second it is processed
to the card).

What a great service this was when it was LA Bite, what a downhill spiral into mediocrity since Grubhub took over.See ya, Grubhub!

gavinh44
5/6/19

Thought I'd read some reviews while I waited for my painfully overdue delivery. Appears I too have been robbed by GrubHub in Atlanta. Amazing how far VC money and a TV ad budget can take some criminal, wanna be, entrepreneurs. I guess Amazon will have to take over this service too.

jasonp308
5/6/19

Don't know how the service is throughout the country but in the metro Atlanta area, Grubhub is the absolute worse delivery company I have ever used. I have tried them twice now. The first time I never received my food. The second time, its been a little over 2 hours for a 30-45 minute delivery and now they are going to cancel because there is not a driver available....do not waste your time or money trying to get grubhub to deliver anything to you!

devonp21
5/6/19

Great price considering places we ordered for didnt deliver, but grubhub did. Super convenient when have kids and unable to drive at moment

deas1
5/5/19

I tried to place an order using GrubHub and the order was blocked but $123 was taken out of my account. I contacted grubhub the next day to correct the issue and they told me I would have results in the next 48-72 hours but it has been over a week and a half since the incident and nothing has been resolved. No refund, just $10 off my next order like that makes up for $123 being taken out of my account. The $10 off means nothing because why would they think I would use this service again after all this confusion and frustration? Grubhub playing with my money, literally unacceptable.

samd260
5/4/19

They are way over priced for delivering food. They take forever to deliver your food. My order wasn't even right when i spent $10 to get it delivered.

derekd22
5/4/19

They just cancel my order leaving me 1/2 hour later with nothing. The Grubhub Customer service agent I talked to said the restaurant never got my order. Their own order tracker disagrees as it said it was being worked on, how do you work on and order you never got? Even if they didn't ever get it wouldn't the intelligent thing to do be to simply resend it? That way maybe the customer won't completely swear off ever using Grubhub again?

both. But he is not alone, unfortunately. He only got exposed. Millions others are working in politically intolerant places. We have to change that.

By Jenn L.

Nothing. By this inaction I would say to quit using this bad business. Go with UberEats or maybe try getting your own food.

By toby k.

Ah lucky you, your money should always be good there. Much like Nazi party leaders, CEO Matt Maloney does not tolerate opposing political viewpoints

By Nunya B.

This can be expected with a bad company such as Grub Hub. CEO gets his Chub Hub off screwing customers.

By toby k.

LOL...no kidding right! How can places take 2 hours to get food to you and not necessarily at a peak time. Good luck! Hope you were able to cancel it, but wonder if it showed up in the mean time. For this reason I no longer use a card but pay cash when I get the food. Hope you've managed to eat something by now.

By c K.

By toby k.

You can use any credit card associated with your account.

By Gloria P.

A: Company sucks, they would charge you a liter of your own blood then sell it back to you for double the price.

By toby k.

Angela, I wish you could train others in your company to be as diligent in getting orders to their customers. You sound like an awesome employee!! I live in Phoenix, AZ, and my orders are NEVER delivered in the time "offered," with the exception of this past Wednesday, they are usually only about 10 - 15 minutes later... however this last order took nearly 4 hours to get to me. :/

By Berta L.

Jeanne M. It is a group of children playing around, these are no adults....not in my book. Look up what the CEO is doing now.

By toby k.
Questions? Get answers from the GrubHub staff and other customers.

GrubHub?