Review of GrubHub

Tel: 877-585-7878
webmeister@grubhub.com

alk125
2/17/18

I hate GrubHub so incredibly much. I wish restaurants didn't require customers to use it. I've been fighting with this website for 45 minutes! I'm now looking for a different place to get food. I gave 1 star because zero wasn't an option. GrubHub, I HATE you.

mikeb57
2/17/18

Incredibly slow service. I've used it twice now. The first time took 1 hour and 30 minutes when I'm 3 miles from the restaurant. The second time is present and its been 45 minutes. Each time I check on the ETA the continues to be pushed further away. I would like to note the first time I tipped 20% which amounted to $8 and this time I tipped 30% which amounts to $10.

joshuab120
2/16/18

I placed an order with grubhub and after waiting until ten minutes after my order was supposed to be here I called the restaurant only to find out that my food has been sitting there and there is no drive to be found. I asked "What about my food?" and they said that when this happens they re-make the meal.. (so does this happen a lot?) oh and what a WASTE of food. GrubHub should have to pay for that extra meal. well the restaurant told me I would have to call grubhub.. called and was placed on hold for 15 minutes while they figured it out.. then was hung up on. (didn't drop the call because I'm on a land line) called back the second time and found out that there were drivers in the area when the order was placed but by the time it was done there was no one in the area to pick it up. THEN WHY HAVE THE OPTION TO ORDER IT?!?!?!?!?!. so after I tell them I would still like to eat tonight they finally find a driver I guess and say they will send them. after hanging up with them after a few minutes I get a call from the driver herself that she is 15 minutes from the restaurant and asks if I still want to get it.. at this point I'm wondering two things. why didn't the company call me back to let me know they had someone and is there any communication between the company and their drivers at all? why did they not tell her I still wanted it? overall I'm very disappointed with this company. they need to get their act together and find some way to make it a better experience or maybe they could actually care about the people that are paying the for such terrible service.

timb206
2/14/18

Order was extremely late, never got a call it was on its way. Order was wrong, and we didn't get what we wanted. Called to get it figured out. Took over an hour on the phone to get it straightened out. They agreed to send a driver out to get our new food! Hours went by and we never got any food. Called them up again and customer service didn't do $#*! for us, even the second time around!
Never going back, don't give this junky site your business, they don't deserve another penny of your money!

Sincerely,
Disappointed

traceel
2/12/18

This is expensive and a worthless service. They came to my house with cold food 2.5 HOURS AFTER I ordered.

Never again!

virginiad24
2/10/18

For some time I ordered frequently and there was no minimum and no fee. Then suddenly there were both minimums and fees (around $5) and when I ordered something for $9,99 I was not allowed to order unless I add another item AND pay a $4,99 delivery fee. I am old and homebound so I can"t order anymore.

danz18
2/10/18

I am a restaurant GM, and Grubhub keeps sending me incorrect orders and allowing their customers to leave MY place of business bad reviews! If you are ordering through Grubhub, be very careful before leaving a complaint, as more than likely the issue lies with their own website.

Also, their customer service sucks! When faced with evidence of their poor practices, I was told the decision to remove incorrect reviews was up to a different department.

Business owners, think twice about using grubhub.

Tip for consumers: Don't use grubhub. This customer called and said they ordered a different pizza than this. Grubhub refuses to remove this review until it's "verified by" their review department. This is the second time this has happened.

juliee37
2/4/18

Order was late, completely wrong..completely wrong entrees AND missing items. The driver..umm not healthy we will say. Called and said "I'm *** and I'm on my way with your food." Took him 30 minutes to drive 1.5 miles apparently at 11:30 at night with no traffic. Husband drove the food back to Applebees (took my husband literally 3 minutes) . The guy that packed the food at Applebees was argumentative. The manager,however, was great and we actually felt bad for him. Clearly GrubHub is a huge problem for them and they are losing money hand over fist because of this shady company. Grub Hub...said they would "figure out" (when I said we were just returning the food their driver wouldn't) "if they were going to do anything for us." Not kidding. Quote. She put me on indefinite hold, hung up and never called back. So, they kept our $11 bucks for their service and we didn't demand a refund from Applebees because the manager tried real hard to make it right and clearly has suffered tremendous losses because of this sham company. This was my second and final try with GrubHub and companies like them. Yes, the first time was a disaster too as they sold us food for a restaurant that was closed for business.

amberlyf1
2/2/18

I have ordered from them three times now. First time- the restaurant didnt get the order and the last order half my order wasnt delivered. They forgot items out of my meals. The price is to high for this lousy service.

linettec1
2/2/18

I ordered food at 11:50. I had to keep changing my order as the minimum price kept changing and order times. After I completed my order with mandatory tipping, the delivery fee was more than stated and the time was for 1 hour and 5 minutes. Here it is well after the fact. Everytime I track my order, the estimated time of delivery has been pushed further out. In fact it now states it will be 2 1/2 hours before I receive my food. This is crazy considering the location is 10 minutes away from me. I will never use this company again.

rachaelz2
1/31/18

I placed an order through Grubhub, received an email from Paypal saying my account was charged, and got an order number from Grubhub. But my computer froze while the order was processing so I called the restaurant to make sure they received my order (they did not). Grubhub called me about 5 minutes later to tell me that although they are going to take my money from my Paypal account, they are not going to pass my order along to the restauant. Grubhub says my order will go to the "Charge Investigation Team" for 48-72 "business hours" and they will get back to me (via email because I was told that team doesn't have phones) on their decision...... GRUBHUB TOOK MY MONEY AND REFUSED TO ORDER MY LUNCH. Do not order through Grubhub; it's not worth it.

wrayl
1/26/18

I have ordered twice from GrubHub. Each time has been over two hours for delivery. I suppose f you plan for that, ti's fine. In one instance, the restaurant was 1/2 miles away. I should have walked there. By the time the food arrived, I was ready for bed, so I put it in the refrigerator for the next day. Don't count on fast. Allow for at least two hours. The food will need to be re-warmed, but it may still taste okay.

aginal
1/24/18

Driver was lost when he was 5 min away,he called me and ask directions barely spoke any English , it took him 20 min and he throw out food at doorman .I tipped 20% and delivery fee.The delivery person was completely jerk.
I didnt want touch the food,poor customer service and I will never order from them again.

kimib1
1/18/18

After using the pick-up option,which they provide, we got to the resteraunt and they had no order from them. Not the first time that we have been disappointed with this service. We liked Order Up better. At least we could track orders. You need to get it together!! We will not be ordering from Grubhub again. I would rather starve!

shelleyo9
1/12/18

(Lehigh Valley, PA) After two botched deliveries, I'm not giving them a third chance. Yes, they say they are going to refund my money because the food was never delivered but undependable service when you are hungry just isn't worth rolling the dice. I'm going to give UberEats a try instead.

gtf1
1/11/18

On January 2, 2018 I responded to GrubHub's ad that said a $7 discount will be credited to my first purhase.

I chose a Thai Restaurant and was horrified as the ordering process was plagued with various "re-sets" because the delivery price and/or the minimum purchase price kept changing.

At the end of the transaction, the two dishes I ordered amounted to $31.94!!! This included an $8 "fee" and a 4$ gratuity.

THe checkout process had absolutely no options to gain the $7 promotional credit that enticed me to order to begin with.

At the end of this horrible experience, GrubHub sent me another ad for my next discount.

What a joke.

deedeea2
1/5/18

I placed my first order today (Bellevue, WA) and unfortunately, it didn't go well. I received an email and text confirming that my order was ready and my credit card was billed. When I arrived at the restaurant, no one knew anything about my order and they didn't even have the type of soup that was offered as an option via Grubhub. I contacted customer service and they did respond quickly to refund my charge, which was appreciated. However, they blamed the issue on a "system glitch" with no offer to look into it further to prevent it this from happening again. The whole experience was a big inconvenience - and accounted for at least 30 min of my time and most of my lunch break. It would have been nice if they would have offered to comp a meal for me to give them another try. I won't be doing that now. Don't waste your time.

tomh270
1/4/18

Entered an order on Dec 24 around 8 PM and was advised that the order was submitted and we would receive our food very soon, Since the restaurant closes at 9 PM, we were assured there would be no problem. On checking with the restaurant, I was told the order had been receive and was in process. hen the food hadn't arrived by 9 PM, i called them and was told GH never showed up and the food had been ready for 20 minutes or so.
I then called GH and was told that no one had ordered a delivery to be made. Just great! To add salt, my wife and were/are down with the flu.

My home is in Huntington Beach, Ca

jjh11
1/1/18

Some law firm should bring a class action suit against GH. They cancel your order but you do not get a credit card refund for a number of days. While you wait GH uses your money and you are paying interest if you have a credit card balance. GH should be liable for the money and also pay punitive bdamages

cathryng1
12/31/17

Grubhub has canceled my last two orders after charging my card. I am writing this to urge people not to use this service. They are totally irresponsible and while the will refund my money, they have use of it until it clears my bank. The first time the food was waiting at the restaurant. I am disabled and cannot park anywhere near the food I wanted. Find another way and Grubhub leave ABQ.

traceya21
12/30/17

This is insane placed my order with them. Order never showed up all the numbers they gave me were disconnected. after 2hrs and a half and two chat conversation with customer service from grub hub, I had to google the resturant to find a active number telling me they never got the order. I had t give Grub the right number and read more excuses then the past wars. To read sorry canceling the order that never showed up and still waiting for a refund. I should have just opened up a can of soup and call it a night.

lizh56
12/29/17

I places first order at 8pm to be told 1 1/2 hours later they had to cancel my order.
So order at a different restaurant and told at 11.30 at night that my order was cancled agin because they did not have a driver. Phoned up to complain, and they were struggling to find me somewhere that I could from that late at night!!!! I went to bed very hungry!!!
I will not be ordering though then again!!

jerrim4
12/26/17

Christmas Eve: With friends & family staying with us for the holidays we placed an order online for local restaurant. Grubhub charged me for food, gave delivery time and sent a confirmation email with tracking link.
We waited. I checked via their tracking tool and the delivery time had not changed even when the order was 30 minutes late. I then checked Grubhub online and was instructed to call the restaurant. Restaurant has excellent reputation and track record for excellent service and food. Restaurant informed me that they are not affiliated with Grubhub and were closing soon. I then called Grubhub back. Agent contacted restaurant and gave me the only information she could find, we had been charged and our order would not be coming.
Imagine having to scramble for something to cook and serve our guests for a Christmas Eve dinner. To add insult to injury it was my fathers 92nd birthday and he was excited for dinner from one of favorite restaurants.
I called Grubhub on 12/26 and was told my money would be refunded in 3-5 business days. Is this a Grubhub scam to use customers money interest free? Agent at Grubhub would not let me speak with Manager/supervisor and told me Manager had told me to not use Grubhub anymore! I asked again and for a second time I was told that a Manager would not talk to me and I should not use Grubhub.
Buyer beware! This company charges customers when no service is provided, charges for nothing and has the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

Significant compensation is due to me from Grubhub for ruining our Christmas.

paulg212
12/25/17

Driver never showed up. First time using service. Never again.

Now will take 3 days to get refund on my CC. Dont waste your time!!!

kims305
12/23/17

the driver went by house according to map, then drove all over the town for an hour, still no food! I chatted and texted. they apologized, gave me 5.00 coupon but still no food another hour later.. I cancelled the order after two hours.

both. But he is not alone, unfortunately. He only got exposed. Millions others are working in politically intolerant places. We have to change that.

By Jenn L. [GrubHub Rep]

Nothing. By this inaction I would say to quit using this bad business. Go with UberEats or maybe try getting your own food.

By toby k. [GrubHub Rep]

Ah lucky you, your money should always be good there. Much like Nazi party leaders, CEO Matt Maloney does not tolerate opposing political viewpoints

By Nunya B. [GrubHub Rep]

No, quit using this bad business. Go with UberEats or maybe try getting your own food.

By toby k. [GrubHub Rep]

This can be expected with a bad company such as Grub Hub. CEO gets his Chub Hub off screwing customers.

By toby k. [GrubHub Rep]

LOL...no kidding right! How can places take 2 hours to get food to you and not necessarily at a peak time. Good luck! Hope you were able to cancel it, but wonder if it showed up in the mean time. For this reason I no longer use a card but pay cash when I get the food. Hope you've managed to eat something by now.

By c K. [GrubHub Rep]

By toby k. [GrubHub Rep]

You can use any credit card associated with your account.

By Gloria P. [GrubHub Rep]

A: Company sucks, they would charge you a liter of your own blood then sell it back to you for double the price.

By toby k. [GrubHub Rep]

Angela, I wish you could train others in your company to be as diligent in getting orders to their customers. You sound like an awesome employee!! I live in Phoenix, AZ, and my orders are NEVER delivered in the time "offered," with the exception of this past Wednesday, they are usually only about 10 - 15 minutes later... however this last order took nearly 4 hours to get to me. :/

By Berta L. [GrubHub Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the GrubHub staff and other customers.

9 Photos for GrubHub