Review of GotPrint.com

Tel: 1.877.922.7374
socialmedia@gotprint.com

marib121
2/22/18

I was a loyal customer for years. Their press went down so my rush order was going to be extremely late. I inquired about cancelling and a refund. I was told I could not cancel. The next day, I received a shipping notice and then a refund notice. I expected they were refunding my order for the lateness. When I still did not receive it. I logged in and saw that it was canceled. It was hard to get through on the phones so I did an online chat and was told that it was canceled and refunded and no order was being sent. There was no notification or explanation. I see why they are so cheap. The reps have a severe lack of communication, bad customer service skills and the print quality is inconsistent. Will not be using again.

sharonr129
2/9/18

We have been using GotPrint for all of our printing needs for years (we've given them lots of money) and recently they sent us invitations - we opened the box and noticed boot prints and conveyor belt marks on dozens of them. After almost 30 emails with "Quality Control" aka they won't give you a real name, photos of the damaged invitations (as they requested) and a 25 minute phone call with them; their solution was that I needed to review every single one of the 500 invites for damage and give them a count of how many were damaged...doesn't this seem like something THEY'VE should have done before sending out a damaged product? Why should I designate my time to go through a product that I paid for? Oh the other option, I could send them all back on my OWN dime (yup, pay my own shipping) for them to count how many were damaged. Do either of these solutions seem reasonable to you when you already paid for a product that arrived damaged?

michaels779
2/7/18

OK, there are two separate issues here. First, their "instant online proof" is not accurate--I had something print poorly because of an error I made in the InDesign setup, but that's the purpose of the proof! The "instant online proof" does not show all the subtleties of layered PDFs and that's where my problem was. Yes, it was my fault but their "proof" should have displayed the file AS IT WAS GOING TO PRINT and it did not. Had it done so, I would have made changes. It did not, and they did not even acknowledge the fault of the proofing. Second, for certain "lightweight" packages such as a small order of business cards, they will use "UPS Mail Innovations" which is like SmartPost and SurePost--a hybrid system. In their case, UPS is supposed to take the package from origin to the local post office, where the mail carrier takes over. Problem is NOBODY--not UPS, not USPS gives these packages an iota of respect. The tracking information is not real time and inaccurate. GotPrint's problem is they don't tell the customer what kind of shipment they are using; they just say "Economy" and that's not a service. Tell us the CARRIER (UPS, USPS, etc.) and tell us the SERVICE LEVEL (ground, 2nd day, etc.) and let us decide. I would never knowingly ship anything with these hybrid systems because my experience with them is awful, across the board. Packages can take weeks to arrive, if at all.

staciw3
10/10/17

They printed posters and mounted them on post board for me. Excellent work. Fast, and inexpensive. I went and picked them up, since they are local (saved me some postage). Good job! Will use them again.

talithap
9/15/17

UPDATE:

About 15 minutes after I posted the review below I got a call from a manager named Fernando. He was gracious, very apologetic, and immediately gave me a credit for the full order. I really appreciated his response and have changed the review to 3 stars. I would give them a higher review because of how happy we've been with the product, but I still can't believe how much time was wasted on trying to resolve their error.

---------------
We've been a regular customer for 5 years & have given this company tens of thousands of dollars. Last month, we placed a large order that included all the pieces to an invitation to our largest fundraiser of the year. We're a non-profit organization and this event raises close to 50% of our budget. When the order arrived it was missing a critical component - the response card envelopes. After multiple calls with customer service (and never so much as an apology or a sense of urgency to fix the issue), they reprinted the envelopes and they arrived TWO weeks later. This caused us to miss our shipping deadline by more than10 days and has had a financial implication on our event. I eventually spoke with 2 "managers" who tried to blow off the issue and thought I should just be happy that they reprinted the envelopes. After expressing how devastating this error was on our end, one manager promised to forward a request to their quality control department for a full or at least a partial refund. After two more phone calls they finally sent an email offering a $15 coupon on our next order. I spoke with another customer service representative who said she confirmed that this was the "best that they could do" but that she understood how frustrating that was to us. She promised that the manager of the quality control department, John, would call me back before the end of the day. Never happened. I called again today and John was in a meeting. Another promise that he'd call back. They told me John is the highest authority in the company and no one else can help me. I'm insulted by this type of customer service. It's unacceptable to treat a longstanding customer (or any customer for that matter) in this manner. I am absolutely shocked that a company like this would lose a customer over a mistake that is clearly on their end. Hopefully John calls back, but I'm not holding my breath.

jaimer23
8/1/17

Update:
After leaving this review I was contacted by the social media team (and finally someone that was helpful). This order was refunded and I placed another order that delivered today. The cards are now printed and cut correct. I know a lot of people complain in hopes of getting free stuff, but I guess they'll try to make it right if you have a legitimate claim. A shame it takes leaving a negative review to get someone to actually look at the order.

If I could give the social media team a separate score it would be 5, GotPrint in whole - 3, so 4 stars.

Previous review:
Customer service is abysmal. We have used GotPrint on numerous occasions without issue. The most recent order was printed and cut poorly and their customer service is useless. After numerous emails all they have given me is excuses for their poor work. If you think you have found a printer that will stand by their work, think again. The second you have an issue you'll be back seconding my review.

meganc63
7/12/17

I was shocked to find an online printer with such affordable prices. I thought since they are cheap, the quality would suck, but boy was I wrong. You not only get great quality products, you get them for a cheap price. I just hope they bring on more options for business cards soon.

Response from E S., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Megan! We're so glad to hear. We have more options coming soon so please stay tuned!
kelseyb23
3/3/17

I submitted my order for a pop-up banner. They emailed me a digital proof of the banner. I could either approve or deny the proof. I had a change on my banner, so I denied the proof. I was then prompted to submit a new file, which I did with the changes. I was sent a new proof to again approve or deny. I approved as it was the correct banner with the correct changes.
When my banner arrived, it was the FIRST proof that I had DENIED. I called customer service and they said they would look into it and contact me by email. They emailed me later that day and they confirmed that it was their mistake and they had printed the wrong one. They placed the order again for me. I contacted customer service to ask to have it overnighted to me as I needed it within the next few days. I got NO response back. When I got an email saying the order had been placed, I again asked when the banner would arrive as I needed it asap, and again got NO response. I contacted customer service one last time and professionally told them how unsatisfied I was with their customer service and their lack of response to any of my questions. Guess what? NO response. Nothing, not an apology or anything.
My company is currently redoing all four of our divisions' booths for tradeshows and will be spending a lot of money. I am so glad I only purchased one piece from GotPrint.com before any of the others. I will never go through GotPrint.com again and advise all to stay away from them.

reganw1
2/5/16

I've ordered from GotPrint.com a handful of times. One of the times the postcards arrives with roughly cut/torn edges and they were lovely and replaced. Just received an order today with torn edges again and TERRIBLE color reproduction--muted, muddy, much darker than the original, just unuseable. They were very inflexible, asked me to take a photo of five cards (um, ok?). I did. That wasn't enough, so they asked me to take a photo of 15. How does that even happen? From on top of a ladder? Anyway, after six rounds of emails I convinced them to just give me a refund if I send the cards back. And they won't send me the $10 shipping label as "per the terms and conditions" I signed.

If you have a quickie, unimportant job or you're a client who isn't aesthetically discerning, then go for GotPrint.com. If the way the cards look is important, go elsewhere. And there are plenty of other printers in the sea.

Response from E S., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Regan, We do apologize for the inconvenience on your order. It is possible that in the past your RGB files color matched and looked fine, but since we are CMYK based, as stated on our website, this time it did not. We ask for images of the cards so that our Quality Control department can review the files and determine why this issue happened. The first image was not clear enough so we asked for another image with more cards to determine how badly they were cut. A stack of postcards in a picture would do. Since each paper stock cuts differently due to the variety of coating options it can have, minor issues with the edges do occur from time to time as we are a batch printer. No where in our terms and conditions does it state that we would cover the cost of the return label. We will go ahead and refund fully for the cost of the product as you are unhappy with the cards. We are constantly working to improve our services. Thank you for your feedback.
jimj39
2/13/14

Our company used gotprint for DVD sleeves and inserts and they were beautifully created by their printers. The ink did not smudge and the resolution was perfect. The only negative is we had to insert them ourselves into the dvd cases. It was still cheaper than outsourcing the combination together. I do wish they had an option for inexpensive cases and dvd inserts as we would have purchased that package too.

sarahs96
1/29/14

Extremely affordable printing and I've always been happy with the product. If you are having cards made with an image, you have to be careful yourself to make sure the resolution of your image is high. You can pay a little more to be sent a review, or you can just chance it on your own if you feel confident enough on the file you sent to be printed. You can even have them design it for you, if needed. I always order business cards from this site and get complimented quite often on how nice they are. Best part: you REALLY can't beat the price!

Response from E S., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Sarah, We are glad that you are satisfied with our services. I am glad you were able to use our services to create cards exactly how you want them. We are constantly working to provide our customers with quality prints at affordable prices. Thank you for your feedback.

Questions? Get answers from the GotPrint.com staff and other customers.

GotPrint.com?