Review of GotPrint.com

Tel: 1.877.922.7374
info@gotprint.com

sharonj142
6/19/18

I recently ordered greetings cards for the second time. I set up the artwork just as I had the first time. The cards came with the inside message upside down. When I complained about it, I was told that the orientation of the artwork was set up incorrectly. I checked the file setup template GotPrint provided - nothing there to note how to set up the orientation of the cover and inside pages. Nothing on the Preparing Files page. Turns out the orientation set up information IS in a link in a small "help" box in the corner of one single web page. You practically need a detective to find it.

Why should a customer have to scour a website to find out the COMPLETE and ACCURATE file set-up instructions that are scattered across multiple pages? Why would that information NOT be included in the setup templates they provide to their customers? I am flabbergasted by this. And I won't order from them again.

I was promised a discount code on a reorder, but after waiting all day for it I placed the order without the code. It would not have at that point mattered - the savings wouldn't have covered the rush shipping costs. I would have ordered from another printer, but I already had the envelopes and needed a specific size.

Most online printers provide (a) a template that accurately shows how to set up every facet of your artwork and (b) an online printing proof that shows how your job is going to be printed. Not GotPrint! Apparently, if you want an actual, correct printing proof, that's another $6 and a 24 hour wait. My company has spent over $3,000 with them in the last six months alone, and I am taking our business elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Don't trust the downloadable file setup templates and don't trust the online proof.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Sharon, thank you so much for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience in which you may have experienced. Please be advised that we do have File Rotation Instructions, available right on the Greeting Cards file set up page. We strongly recommend viewing the File set up instructions, prior to placing an order. Also, we do have the Manual 24hr PDF proof option available in which will ensure that our processing team reviews the files to make sure that they are print ready. Please do not hesitate in contacting our customer service team in case you ever have any questions, as we are here to help. Thank you
jimd299
6/15/18

They screwed up a simple business card order and won't make it right. Will NEVER order from them again. BUYER BEWARE

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Jim, thank you so much for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience in which you may have experienced. Please provide me with the order number so that I can look into this further. We are eagerly awaiting your reply. Thank you
aldreonea
6/12/18

1. This is so simple it's ridiculous - I order 500 postcards. In the SAME cart I order 500 business cards. They ship separately. They charge $ separately. They arrive different days. This is so asinine. 2. When my customer says go ahead and use my ups account GOTPRINT REFUSES. I understand if they've got a contract with ups but products in the same cart should be packed, shipped, and arrive, TOGETHER! It's not cost effective, it's not convenient for the customer, and it makes NO F***#$)# SENSE (I am otherwise a happy customer of 8+ years and this is only the second time in my life I've bothered to write a review - positive OR negative - that's how much this bothers me!)

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi there, We apologize for the inconvenience. Please provide you order number and I can look further into this issue. Our UPS account is embed to our website, like most retailers are, therefore we do not accept customer shipping accounts. All orders ship as soon as they are completed as we do not keep any storage, even for a day. Some orders may even print in different facilities since we have several in the United States. It is unfortunate that you are not satisfied with our services after all these years. We always strive to provide customers with high-quality prints at cost effective prices. We hope you were satisfied with the final product. Kindly, thank you.
stevenh308
6/4/18

Got print generally does a great job. But then sometimes they do a poor job. And when they do they'll bend over backwards to avoid fixing it. So be aware you take the risk of them not accepting any responsibility if your order is poorly done.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Steven, I do see that we are reprinting your order as a courtesy since you didn’t like the way the colors on your design came out. We follow a process when dealing with such issues, but you know we’re always here to help out, on every order, no matter what. You should’ve received an email by now confirming this. Thanks
maxt20
5/31/18

I liked the ordering process, except that I put 2 items into the cart and placed a 2900 dollar order and I did not realize that soon after that, GotPrint sent me an email saying the order was cancelled. There was no reason given.

Unfortunately, I didn't see the cancellation email until 3 days had passed and my project missed it's deadline. It turned out that you cannot put more than one order in the cart at a time (!). That was the reason given when I called. The customer service rep seemed like he didn't care.

Then, I apparently lost my password to log onto GotPrint's site and was locked out due to too many tries. GotPrint thinks it's my bank, what with all the "security" features. Finally, I was able to log in and place the order (I decided to only spend 1500 dollars) and was informed that I needed to pass a credit check be signing a form and providing copies of my drivers license and credit card because the order was over 600 dollars. This was NOT the case when I ordered (a 2900 dollar order) just 3 days prior; I merely furnished my card and purchased GotPrints services without the gauntlet.

At one point, my cart suddenly became empty after 15 minutes. They do warn that the cart will go empty in a relatively short time, but nowhere near 15 minutes.

I wonder what motivates GotPrint to do these things.

My order was processed and delivered as expected, but there was a hassle getting it done and it missed the deadline. For almost 3000 dollars, you'd think someone would call, rather than sending a cancellation via email.

Tip for consumers: Only put one order into the cart at a time. Expect problems.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Max, I apologize for the experience you had with us. If it is your first order which was over $600 then yes, we do verify it with the bank to ensure that it is a real order. This is a security precaution for the both of us. Now that you have completed those steps, you can place any type of order with no max spending limit. As far as the cart kicking you out, we have a 90 minute limit, but you might have encountered a glitch on the website as we updated our side on the 30th at night. In that case, I would clear your cache to ensure there are no bugs. We are working to extend the cart so you can keep items in there longer. Thank you for your feedback as it helps us improve!
paulh549
5/29/18

Amazing quality, True Professional. I am delighted every time I order something. They are quick and have a fantastic range of items and All of that at great price.

davidd714
5/25/18

Bad Site for Constructing Cards. It is clear that very little thought was put into its Structure. Put $$$$$$$$ on site and less in TV ADS.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi David, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you feel this way, we are currently working on new features that will make you ordering experience even friendlier. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team if you need assistance, as we are here to help. Thank you
sydneyc24
5/22/18
• Updated review

UPDATE: Changing my original rating from my previous review (2/5) to a 4/5

So after being contacted by them to resolve the issue, they told me I can re-upload my files again and they'll offer me a discount code for the cost of the business cards. All I have to pay is the shipping costs. I decided to not go through with it because after thinking about it, I don't want to be stuck with 200 business cards (since I might outgrow the design). But I am very thankful that they tried their best to resolve the issue for me.

They told me I should size my files as 2.1x3.6 to prevent any white borders. I double checked my original files and it was at the size of 2x3.5. So it is my mistake that I did not up the size a bit. I do wish there was someone who does quality check before they send out people's orders. Perhaps I'll give it another try next time and see if I'll get better results :)

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Sydney, thank you so much or your most recent review. We're happy we were able to come up with a better resolution for you. We definitely appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again. Thank you
“Inaccurate cutting”
5/22/18
• Previous review

My sister ordered from them before. Everything was perfect in her first order but the second time, her design was off centered despite using their template. Unfortunately mine didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be.

The quality of the print and the card itself is good. The colors are accurate. Shipping is pretty quick. However the cutting is bad. You can see there's still a white area on the right side and bottom (back and front) that was not cut. And all 100 business cards that I ordered are like this.

It's super obvious especially since the color is dark the white border stands out. I even used their template and made sure that there's a full bleed both front and back but it still ended up not so great. I don't want them to go to waste so I'll still use them up. Luckily they're not super expensive but I just wish I still got my moneys worth.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Sydney, thank you so much for your feedback. We are terribly sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the outcome of our product. This does not sound like the quality of work in which we guarantee so we will definitely be looking into this for you. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your account. Please provide us with your order number so that we can begin a thorough investigation, as we would like to remedy this as quickly and conveniently as possible. We are eagerly awaiting your reply. Thank you
susans646
5/16/18

Would not recommend them for anything!! Prints were awful and they would do nothing about it. Wasted $100. Had to print elsewhere.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Susan, we're terribly sorry to hear you feel this way. Please give us a change to assist you and provide us with the order number so that we can look into this matter for you. We are eagerly awaiting your reply. Thank you
cym2
5/11/18

With so many options, STAY AWAY FROM GOTPRINT!! Their "customer service" is NOT customer service. Everything you bring up, they blame the other departments. Even if they can clearly see in their system you never received your order, they still say "we'll have to request a refund".... NO YOU WILL GIVE ME MY REFUND, of which she said well we probably wont, we'll probably reprint.... Asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they'll put in the request and someone will contact us by email in 24-48 hrs. STAY AWAY!!!

ald42
5/3/18

I was looking for a print company and found GotPrint online. Tried to order samples and the order never came in. I called and spoke to two people who basically didnt care. I then decided to place an order and found everything pointed to "send it and if its wrong then its on you; we dont check anything". We just print what you send. So when I called to verify another person was everything but helpful. I decided to search reviews and found tons of bad ones and only 2 that got lucky. So I say for $20 more and some one who will check the work. Find another printer company. This was bad from the start. Glad I followed my own instincts.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi there, I do apologize for the experience you had with us and will bring this to our management for review to ensure this does not happen again. If you select manual proof, then we do check the order or if you call in and double check with a customer service rep. Reviews are mostly case by case, and most people leave reviews when they are unhappy or have an issue without directly contacting us. Thanks for the feedback, and we how to earn back your business in the future.
rosaz
4/4/18

I don't know what is more disgusting, their "VELVET TRIFECTA" or their VELVET CUSTOMER SERVICE... After years of business with them, they did not care to replace my order for something worth my money. I WILL NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, LET ALONE RECOMMEND IT.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Rochi, we're sorry to hear you feel this way. Our Trifecta paper is the same paper we have used since we first launched, so we are a bit confused as to what the issue is. The order was for our 24pt Trifecta paper, and as promised, we printed your order on our 24pt Trifecta paper. We reviewed your chats with our company and you stated the paper was thin. Please use a gauge to measure the cards as we can assure you, the cards are 24pt. As for the "velvet" texture, this is just a description of the paper. To get a true sense of what the paper will feel like, it is always best to request a free sample kit. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you
marib121
2/22/18

I was a loyal customer for years. Their press went down so my rush order was going to be extremely late. I inquired about cancelling and a refund. I was told I could not cancel. The next day, I received a shipping notice and then a refund notice. I expected they were refunding my order for the lateness. When I still did not receive it. I logged in and saw that it was canceled. It was hard to get through on the phones so I did an online chat and was told that it was canceled and refunded and no order was being sent. There was no notification or explanation. I see why they are so cheap. The reps have a severe lack of communication, bad customer service skills and the print quality is inconsistent. Will not be using again.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hello, thanks for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience in which you may have experienced with your order. Please be advised that we take every actions necessary in order to avoid such delays. Unfortunately, unforeseen issues do happen from time to time. Please be advised that we do maintain communication with all of our customers and they are all documented on the accounts. We strive ourselves in providing exceptional customer service, so we apologize if you have received a negative impression. This order was canceled upon request and a full refund was provided and has already been issued to your credit card. Thank you
michaels779
2/7/18

OK, there are two separate issues here. First, their "instant online proof" is not accurate--I had something print poorly because of an error I made in the InDesign setup, but that's the purpose of the proof! The "instant online proof" does not show all the subtleties of layered PDFs and that's where my problem was. Yes, it was my fault but their "proof" should have displayed the file AS IT WAS GOING TO PRINT and it did not. Had it done so, I would have made changes. It did not, and they did not even acknowledge the fault of the proofing. Second, for certain "lightweight" packages such as a small order of business cards, they will use "UPS Mail Innovations" which is like SmartPost and SurePost--a hybrid system. In their case, UPS is supposed to take the package from origin to the local post office, where the mail carrier takes over. Problem is NOBODY--not UPS, not USPS gives these packages an iota of respect. The tracking information is not real time and inaccurate. GotPrint's problem is they don't tell the customer what kind of shipment they are using; they just say "Economy" and that's not a service. Tell us the CARRIER (UPS, USPS, etc.) and tell us the SERVICE LEVEL (ground, 2nd day, etc.) and let us decide. I would never knowingly ship anything with these hybrid systems because my experience with them is awful, across the board. Packages can take weeks to arrive, if at all.

staciw3
10/10/17

They printed posters and mounted them on post board for me. Excellent work. Fast, and inexpensive. I went and picked them up, since they are local (saved me some postage). Good job! Will use them again.

talithap
9/15/17

UPDATE:

About 15 minutes after I posted the review below I got a call from a manager named Fernando. He was gracious, very apologetic, and immediately gave me a credit for the full order. I really appreciated his response and have changed the review to 3 stars. I would give them a higher review because of how happy we've been with the product, but I still can't believe how much time was wasted on trying to resolve their error.

---------------
We've been a regular customer for 5 years & have given this company tens of thousands of dollars. Last month, we placed a large order that included all the pieces to an invitation to our largest fundraiser of the year. We're a non-profit organization and this event raises close to 50% of our budget. When the order arrived it was missing a critical component - the response card envelopes. After multiple calls with customer service (and never so much as an apology or a sense of urgency to fix the issue), they reprinted the envelopes and they arrived TWO weeks later. This caused us to miss our shipping deadline by more than10 days and has had a financial implication on our event. I eventually spoke with 2 "managers" who tried to blow off the issue and thought I should just be happy that they reprinted the envelopes. After expressing how devastating this error was on our end, one manager promised to forward a request to their quality control department for a full or at least a partial refund. After two more phone calls they finally sent an email offering a $15 coupon on our next order. I spoke with another customer service representative who said she confirmed that this was the "best that they could do" but that she understood how frustrating that was to us. She promised that the manager of the quality control department, John, would call me back before the end of the day. Never happened. I called again today and John was in a meeting. Another promise that he'd call back. They told me John is the highest authority in the company and no one else can help me. I'm insulted by this type of customer service. It's unacceptable to treat a longstanding customer (or any customer for that matter) in this manner. I am absolutely shocked that a company like this would lose a customer over a mistake that is clearly on their end. Hopefully John calls back, but I'm not holding my breath.

jaimer23
8/1/17

Update:
After leaving this review I was contacted by the social media team (and finally someone that was helpful). This order was refunded and I placed another order that delivered today. The cards are now printed and cut correct. I know a lot of people complain in hopes of getting free stuff, but I guess they'll try to make it right if you have a legitimate claim. A shame it takes leaving a negative review to get someone to actually look at the order.

If I could give the social media team a separate score it would be 5, GotPrint in whole - 3, so 4 stars.

Previous review:
Customer service is abysmal. We have used GotPrint on numerous occasions without issue. The most recent order was printed and cut poorly and their customer service is useless. After numerous emails all they have given me is excuses for their poor work. If you think you have found a printer that will stand by their work, think again. The second you have an issue you'll be back seconding my review.

meganc63
7/12/17

I was shocked to find an online printer with such affordable prices. I thought since they are cheap, the quality would suck, but boy was I wrong. You not only get great quality products, you get them for a cheap price. I just hope they bring on more options for business cards soon.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Megan! We're so glad to hear. We have more options coming soon so please stay tuned!
kelseyb23
3/3/17

I submitted my order for a pop-up banner. They emailed me a digital proof of the banner. I could either approve or deny the proof. I had a change on my banner, so I denied the proof. I was then prompted to submit a new file, which I did with the changes. I was sent a new proof to again approve or deny. I approved as it was the correct banner with the correct changes.
When my banner arrived, it was the FIRST proof that I had DENIED. I called customer service and they said they would look into it and contact me by email. They emailed me later that day and they confirmed that it was their mistake and they had printed the wrong one. They placed the order again for me. I contacted customer service to ask to have it overnighted to me as I needed it within the next few days. I got NO response back. When I got an email saying the order had been placed, I again asked when the banner would arrive as I needed it asap, and again got NO response. I contacted customer service one last time and professionally told them how unsatisfied I was with their customer service and their lack of response to any of my questions. Guess what? NO response. Nothing, not an apology or anything.
My company is currently redoing all four of our divisions' booths for tradeshows and will be spending a lot of money. I am so glad I only purchased one piece from GotPrint.com before any of the others. I will never go through GotPrint.com again and advise all to stay away from them.

reganw1
2/5/16

I've ordered from GotPrint.com a handful of times. One of the times the postcards arrives with roughly cut/torn edges and they were lovely and replaced. Just received an order today with torn edges again and TERRIBLE color reproduction--muted, muddy, much darker than the original, just unuseable. They were very inflexible, asked me to take a photo of five cards (um, ok?). I did. That wasn't enough, so they asked me to take a photo of 15. How does that even happen? From on top of a ladder? Anyway, after six rounds of emails I convinced them to just give me a refund if I send the cards back. And they won't send me the $10 shipping label as "per the terms and conditions" I signed.

If you have a quickie, unimportant job or you're a client who isn't aesthetically discerning, then go for GotPrint.com. If the way the cards look is important, go elsewhere. And there are plenty of other printers in the sea.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Regan, We do apologize for the inconvenience on your order. It is possible that in the past your RGB files color matched and looked fine, but since we are CMYK based, as stated on our website, this time it did not. We ask for images of the cards so that our Quality Control department can review the files and determine why this issue happened. The first image was not clear enough so we asked for another image with more cards to determine how badly they were cut. A stack of postcards in a picture would do. Since each paper stock cuts differently due to the variety of coating options it can have, minor issues with the edges do occur from time to time as we are a batch printer. No where in our terms and conditions does it state that we would cover the cost of the return label. We will go ahead and refund fully for the cost of the product as you are unhappy with the cards. We are constantly working to improve our services. Thank you for your feedback.
jimj39
2/13/14

Our company used gotprint for DVD sleeves and inserts and they were beautifully created by their printers. The ink did not smudge and the resolution was perfect. The only negative is we had to insert them ourselves into the dvd cases. It was still cheaper than outsourcing the combination together. I do wish they had an option for inexpensive cases and dvd inserts as we would have purchased that package too.

sarahs96
1/29/14

Extremely affordable printing and I've always been happy with the product. If you are having cards made with an image, you have to be careful yourself to make sure the resolution of your image is high. You can pay a little more to be sent a review, or you can just chance it on your own if you feel confident enough on the file you sent to be printed. You can even have them design it for you, if needed. I always order business cards from this site and get complimented quite often on how nice they are. Best part: you REALLY can't beat the price!

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Sarah, We are glad that you are satisfied with our services. I am glad you were able to use our services to create cards exactly how you want them. We are constantly working to provide our customers with quality prints at affordable prices. Thank you for your feedback.

Questions? Get answers from the GotPrint.com staff and other customers.

3 Photos for GotPrint.com