Review of GotPrint.com

Tel: 1.877.922.7374
info@gotprint.com

sandyo7
9/24/18

Print quality, imho, is fine. BUT, if a printer sends you greeting cards with the inside part reading upside down, and insists that it is your error because you didn't upload it UPSIDE DOWN, there is a serious problem with quality control. Don't bother with the chat or a phone call. All they tell you is to wait for an email from Quality Control. I will save you the trouble of waiting. They offer you $10 off to reprint it. Had I known there was an issue with the file orientation, I could have sent it upside down to them. (which in itself makes no sense). But I received a message that said it was approved for printing. Which makes me believe someone there had eyes on it.

Tip for consumers: Find another resource.

doloresc27
9/20/18

GotPrint? Heck no! GotProblems is a better title.
I wish I would have read these reviews instead of the fake ones on their site!
Before a "rep" (hahaha) from GotPrint only answers complaints like this with what's your order number, here it is so you can skip that step: US-GP-100-23247525
Multiple issues: 1. Dramatic left shift, entire card is off center 2. Poorly cut, not a clean edge in the whole box of 500 3. 90% of these cards have a weird crease, like a heavy roller wheel mark under the logo circle 4. Bottom edge is obviously slanted, easily seen 5. Magenta color chosen from their web designer, received a dark purple 6. Black streak across 40% of cards top edge like a dirty handed ink smear.
Stay away from GotPrint - use literally anyone else.
I will not accept anything less than a full refund of all money paid. If GotPrint wants this trash back, they must send me a prepaid label. Non-negotiable.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hello Dolores. You notified us of this issue yesterday afternoon and we have not had the opportunity to investigate what had happened with your order. We apologize if the cards you received are not the quality product we normally supply and on this occasion we will be refunding your order in full, you should see the refund back on your card within 3-5 business days. Please feel free to recycle the cards you received. Thank you
leog53
9/19/18

low quality prints, company did nothing to make it right.
stay away. there are much better options available

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hello Leo, can you please provide the order number so we can look into this for you? Thank you
nickt123
9/19/18

I ordered the most expansive Triple layer card and paid for two day expressed shipping. After I got them, totally useless. Everything has color bleeding. Complained to customer service and sent all photos as requested to quality@gotprint.com, things simply gone into a black hole. No update ever.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hello Nick. Please can you provide me with the order number so we can investigate what has happened. Thank you
louiet15
9/19/18

For many years, I've used gotprint for regular printing of business cards and door hangers. They provide a high quality product regarding that.

Recently, I tried using them for bulk mailing services in which I paid approximately $1350 in printing and postage utilizing their services. It seems that the boxes got lost in shipment and never reach the destination post office for mailing. When on the phone with gotprint, spoke with a girl named Shandra, they basically waived all responsibility and told me to follow up with the post office. After following up with the post office, it turns out that even if the post office is guilty of losing the packages, it is the postage buyer's responsibility to file a claim to receive money back on the postage paid (approximately .18 cents per mailer). I find this out after weeks of going back and forth with gotprint and local post offices to then find out that the postage buyer only has 30 days to file a claim for refund from point of mailing. I learned quickly that gotprint was being dishonest as they also admitted that this happens a few times (lost bulk mailers) per month. If this is the case, then they already know the process that should follow when filing claims for lost packages and requesting refunds. Instead, they point that finger at everyone else when they could easily get their money back for postage from USPS and re-print the postcards at their cost to do right by their customers. This is just poor customer service on their part. I filed a charge-back and won but I also felt compelled to write this review to warn others of their unethical practices. Knowingly forwarding customers to chase claims and request refunds when indeed it's your responsibility (and you know this already from previous experience) then that is just purely unethical.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hello Louie. So we can look into this further, please can you give me the order number? Thank you
shaym33
9/13/18

I've used this company for a few years now (they have the best prices for our postcard mailers). Boss won't let me change companies, that's another story.

So I opened my template, put in all the new information and sent it off thinking everything would be fine. They always whine about the rgb/cymk. Blah.

No, this time, on top of that, they tell me my template sizing is all wrong. IT'S THE SAME TEMPLATE AS MY LAST ORDER!!!!!!

I'm sick to death of the run around with these people.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hello Shay, can you please provide the order number so we can look into this issue? Thank you
michaelg862
9/10/18

Ordered business cards took two weeks to get them my uploaded design. No communication from the company on the problem. When I called customers service and the lack luster attitude was less then steller. In the time it took to get my order I was able to order from vista print and get the cards in 2 day. When I received the cards the color was of and the print was not bright. ( the cards from vista print were perfect) and to boot when contacting customers service via email this time the reply was send pictures of the cards so they can determine whether i am 100 percent satisfied. The 100% satisfied guaranteed is false advertising . just do a refund poor management go elsewhere US-GP-100-23170585 to verify i am an ex customer it only bout 20 bucks but vista print was cheaper faster and better quality

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hello Michael, you advised us that there was an issue with your order 8/30 and 9/1 we sent you an email requesting for a group picture of 10 to 15 cards so we can determine if the issue was due to your uploaded files or if there was a print issue. We have received the digital samples, however we have established that your files were pixalated and the resolution is 150 dpi (dots per inch), the minimum we require for printing, as indicated on our website, is 300 dpi. Because you selected the Instant Online Proof, your files were not checked by us as you were confirming that they were print ready. On this occasion, we will be refunding the full amount of your order, you should receive the refund back to your credit card within 3-5 business days. Thank you.
philipe39
9/7/18

I have ordered from this company for many years but I'm sad to say I will no longer be a customer. Is the quality good? I would say most of the time even though their color matching has changed over the years and you never know anymore what shade it will be from run to run.

I believe this company in their desire to grow have lost touch with quality control and with the customers that have made them who they are today.

I believe one of the worst aspects of this company is there lack of customer service. I also know that I was willing to except that until now because of their prices. Now though they have raised their prices to a point that I can get printing elsewhere and also customer service as well. Thus I say goodbye Gotprint.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hello Phillip, is there a order number that you provide so we can look into the issues you have with Customer Service? With regards to the pricing on the website, there has been an increase in the cost of paper stocks world wide, but we constantly try to keep our prices as low as we can. Thank you
deborahw200
8/13/18
• Updated review

I don't see where I can add my order number, so hopefully this will work for you. The original first order, which was great, is US-GP-100-20864733 and it was placed on June of 2016. The problem order is US-GP-100-23054938 placed in June 2018. I am adding a compilation of both print jobs with the colors in question added in for comparison. If this won't work for you, please tell me what I can do and how to reach you.

“Be cautious”
8/11/18
• Previous review

I was a small independent graphic designer who used GotPrint for all my clients. I don't make a lot of money, but I have always scraped by and GotPrint was my go to printer. They made me look great and they have always done a great job until this last one. I sent a file in for a second printing, and I am sad to say the color came off so badly that my client is very unhappy. I filed a print issue, but GotPrint won't take responsibility for it as they said they only need to be within 80% color of my file. That leaves a lot of room for a color to go off, and they did. Since GotPrint won't take responsibility, I have to, and this is devastating to my small business. I have been happy with their quality up to now, but I can't handle losses of this kind. It has sadly put me out of business. I would not trust them anymore and I suggest that anyone who considers using them should be well aware that they may be out of pocket for unacceptable print quality. I did try to resolve this problem with GotPrint, but was told in an email "Our quality control department has checked the color density of your file. Please note that the change you see is normal in gang printing. We are a gang printer and therefore cannot match colors 100%. Please note we guarantee 80% match to your file. Each time colors could play up to 15-20%. Please visit our website and click on "terms of use" to see our color matching policy."

Tip for consumers: Just be aware that while their pricing is good, they do not guarantee any more than an 80% color match in any file, even if they have printed it before. If it makes a difference that the colors be accurate, you can be very disappointed. I was always very pleased with their quality before, but this last print job put me out of business because now I must refund my client out of my pocket. Only risk it if you can afford to take the loss yourself.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hello Deborah, I apologize for any inconvenience, can you please provide the order number so I can look into this? Thank you
davido258
7/18/18

First order fine when reordered same cards color was wrong and they state they only have to be within 15% of a color match

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi David, thank you so much for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience. We do not color match unfortunately; however, we do offer the print industry's standard phrase of respectable color and will make every rational effort to print your product as close to the colors you have provided as possible. Please provide me with your order number so that we can look into this for you. Thank you
pedroa58
7/13/18

the worst company please stay away from them I wish I can put - 10 stars
I order a banner 4 X 8 and this is what I get I paid $ 100.00 for nothing
Honestly. they suck.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Pedro, sorry to hear you feel this way. We take pride in the quality of print in which we offer so we would definitely like to further address this matter for you. Please reply with the order number so that we can investigate. We are eagerly awaiting your reply. Thank you
pedroc90
7/2/18

I recently ordered 500 business cards from GotPrint after clicking on their ad on my Facebook page, advertising 500 cards starting at $8.50. I selected the proper amount on the site's dropdown and also designed my cards. Once I received them, I noticed there were only 100 cards. The customer service rep at their place says that it was the amount I had selected. It's a bunch of bull. But I have no proof of my selection. The cost for 100 business cards is $8.30, but for 20 cents more ($8.50) you can get 500. It's bait and switch if you ask me. My take is that GotPrint changed the amount to 100. It's a ripoff.

sharonj142
6/19/18

I recently ordered greetings cards for the second time. I set up the artwork just as I had the first time. The cards came with the inside message upside down. When I complained about it, I was told that the orientation of the artwork was set up incorrectly. I checked the file setup template GotPrint provided - nothing there to note how to set up the orientation of the cover and inside pages. Nothing on the Preparing Files page. Turns out the orientation set up information IS in a link in a small "help" box in the corner of one single web page. You practically need a detective to find it.

Why should a customer have to scour a website to find out the COMPLETE and ACCURATE file set-up instructions that are scattered across multiple pages? Why would that information NOT be included in the setup templates they provide to their customers? I am flabbergasted by this. And I won't order from them again.

I was promised a discount code on a reorder, but after waiting all day for it I placed the order without the code. It would not have at that point mattered - the savings wouldn't have covered the rush shipping costs. I would have ordered from another printer, but I already had the envelopes and needed a specific size.

Most online printers provide (a) a template that accurately shows how to set up every facet of your artwork and (b) an online printing proof that shows how your job is going to be printed. Not GotPrint! Apparently, if you want an actual, correct printing proof, that's another $6 and a 24 hour wait. My company has spent over $3,000 with them in the last six months alone, and I am taking our business elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Don't trust the downloadable file setup templates and don't trust the online proof.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Sharon, thank you so much for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience in which you may have experienced. Please be advised that we do have File Rotation Instructions, available right on the Greeting Cards file set up page. We strongly recommend viewing the File set up instructions, prior to placing an order. Also, we do have the Manual 24hr PDF proof option available in which will ensure that our processing team reviews the files to make sure that they are print ready. Please do not hesitate in contacting our customer service team in case you ever have any questions, as we are here to help. Thank you
jimd299
6/15/18

They screwed up a simple business card order and won't make it right. Will NEVER order from them again. BUYER BEWARE

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Jim, thank you so much for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience in which you may have experienced. Please provide me with the order number so that I can look into this further. We are eagerly awaiting your reply. Thank you
aldreonea
6/12/18

1. This is so simple it's ridiculous - I order 500 postcards. In the SAME cart I order 500 business cards. They ship separately. They charge $ separately. They arrive different days. This is so asinine. 2. When my customer says go ahead and use my ups account GOTPRINT REFUSES. I understand if they've got a contract with ups but products in the same cart should be packed, shipped, and arrive, TOGETHER! It's not cost effective, it's not convenient for the customer, and it makes NO F***#$)# SENSE (I am otherwise a happy customer of 8+ years and this is only the second time in my life I've bothered to write a review - positive OR negative - that's how much this bothers me!)

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi there, We apologize for the inconvenience. Please provide you order number and I can look further into this issue. Our UPS account is embed to our website, like most retailers are, therefore we do not accept customer shipping accounts. All orders ship as soon as they are completed as we do not keep any storage, even for a day. Some orders may even print in different facilities since we have several in the United States. It is unfortunate that you are not satisfied with our services after all these years. We always strive to provide customers with high-quality prints at cost effective prices. We hope you were satisfied with the final product. Kindly, thank you.
stevenh308
6/4/18

Got print generally does a great job. But then sometimes they do a poor job. And when they do they'll bend over backwards to avoid fixing it. So be aware you take the risk of them not accepting any responsibility if your order is poorly done.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Steven, I do see that we are reprinting your order as a courtesy since you didn’t like the way the colors on your design came out. We follow a process when dealing with such issues, but you know we’re always here to help out, on every order, no matter what. You should’ve received an email by now confirming this. Thanks
maxt20
5/31/18

I liked the ordering process, except that I put 2 items into the cart and placed a 2900 dollar order and I did not realize that soon after that, GotPrint sent me an email saying the order was cancelled. There was no reason given.

Unfortunately, I didn't see the cancellation email until 3 days had passed and my project missed it's deadline. It turned out that you cannot put more than one order in the cart at a time (!). That was the reason given when I called. The customer service rep seemed like he didn't care.

Then, I apparently lost my password to log onto GotPrint's site and was locked out due to too many tries. GotPrint thinks it's my bank, what with all the "security" features. Finally, I was able to log in and place the order (I decided to only spend 1500 dollars) and was informed that I needed to pass a credit check be signing a form and providing copies of my drivers license and credit card because the order was over 600 dollars. This was NOT the case when I ordered (a 2900 dollar order) just 3 days prior; I merely furnished my card and purchased GotPrints services without the gauntlet.

At one point, my cart suddenly became empty after 15 minutes. They do warn that the cart will go empty in a relatively short time, but nowhere near 15 minutes.

I wonder what motivates GotPrint to do these things.

My order was processed and delivered as expected, but there was a hassle getting it done and it missed the deadline. For almost 3000 dollars, you'd think someone would call, rather than sending a cancellation via email.

Tip for consumers: Only put one order into the cart at a time. Expect problems.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Max, I apologize for the experience you had with us. If it is your first order which was over $600 then yes, we do verify it with the bank to ensure that it is a real order. This is a security precaution for the both of us. Now that you have completed those steps, you can place any type of order with no max spending limit. As far as the cart kicking you out, we have a 90 minute limit, but you might have encountered a glitch on the website as we updated our side on the 30th at night. In that case, I would clear your cache to ensure there are no bugs. We are working to extend the cart so you can keep items in there longer. Thank you for your feedback as it helps us improve!
paulh549
5/29/18

Amazing quality, True Professional. I am delighted every time I order something. They are quick and have a fantastic range of items and All of that at great price.

davidd714
5/25/18

Bad Site for Constructing Cards. It is clear that very little thought was put into its Structure. Put $$$$$$$$ on site and less in TV ADS.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi David, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you feel this way, we are currently working on new features that will make you ordering experience even friendlier. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team if you need assistance, as we are here to help. Thank you
sydneyc24
5/22/18
• Updated review

UPDATE: Changing my original rating from my previous review (2/5) to a 4/5

So after being contacted by them to resolve the issue, they told me I can re-upload my files again and they'll offer me a discount code for the cost of the business cards. All I have to pay is the shipping costs. I decided to not go through with it because after thinking about it, I don't want to be stuck with 200 business cards (since I might outgrow the design). But I am very thankful that they tried their best to resolve the issue for me.

They told me I should size my files as 2.1x3.6 to prevent any white borders. I double checked my original files and it was at the size of 2x3.5. So it is my mistake that I did not up the size a bit. I do wish there was someone who does quality check before they send out people's orders. Perhaps I'll give it another try next time and see if I'll get better results :)

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Sydney, thank you so much or your most recent review. We're happy we were able to come up with a better resolution for you. We definitely appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again. Thank you
“Inaccurate cutting”
5/22/18
• Previous review

My sister ordered from them before. Everything was perfect in her first order but the second time, her design was off centered despite using their template. Unfortunately mine didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be.

The quality of the print and the card itself is good. The colors are accurate. Shipping is pretty quick. However the cutting is bad. You can see there's still a white area on the right side and bottom (back and front) that was not cut. And all 100 business cards that I ordered are like this.

It's super obvious especially since the color is dark the white border stands out. I even used their template and made sure that there's a full bleed both front and back but it still ended up not so great. I don't want them to go to waste so I'll still use them up. Luckily they're not super expensive but I just wish I still got my moneys worth.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Sydney, thank you so much for your feedback. We are terribly sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the outcome of our product. This does not sound like the quality of work in which we guarantee so we will definitely be looking into this for you. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your account. Please provide us with your order number so that we can begin a thorough investigation, as we would like to remedy this as quickly and conveniently as possible. We are eagerly awaiting your reply. Thank you
susans646
5/16/18

Would not recommend them for anything!! Prints were awful and they would do nothing about it. Wasted $100. Had to print elsewhere.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Susan, we're terribly sorry to hear you feel this way. Please give us a change to assist you and provide us with the order number so that we can look into this matter for you. We are eagerly awaiting your reply. Thank you
cym2
5/11/18

With so many options, STAY AWAY FROM GOTPRINT!! Their "customer service" is NOT customer service. Everything you bring up, they blame the other departments. Even if they can clearly see in their system you never received your order, they still say "we'll have to request a refund".... NO YOU WILL GIVE ME MY REFUND, of which she said well we probably wont, we'll probably reprint.... Asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they'll put in the request and someone will contact us by email in 24-48 hrs. STAY AWAY!!!

ald42
5/3/18

I was looking for a print company and found GotPrint online. Tried to order samples and the order never came in. I called and spoke to two people who basically didnt care. I then decided to place an order and found everything pointed to "send it and if its wrong then its on you; we dont check anything". We just print what you send. So when I called to verify another person was everything but helpful. I decided to search reviews and found tons of bad ones and only 2 that got lucky. So I say for $20 more and some one who will check the work. Find another printer company. This was bad from the start. Glad I followed my own instincts.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi there, I do apologize for the experience you had with us and will bring this to our management for review to ensure this does not happen again. If you select manual proof, then we do check the order or if you call in and double check with a customer service rep. Reviews are mostly case by case, and most people leave reviews when they are unhappy or have an issue without directly contacting us. Thanks for the feedback, and we how to earn back your business in the future.
rosaz
4/4/18

I don't know what is more disgusting, their "VELVET TRIFECTA" or their VELVET CUSTOMER SERVICE... After years of business with them, they did not care to replace my order for something worth my money. I WILL NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, LET ALONE RECOMMEND IT.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Rochi, we're sorry to hear you feel this way. Our Trifecta paper is the same paper we have used since we first launched, so we are a bit confused as to what the issue is. The order was for our 24pt Trifecta paper, and as promised, we printed your order on our 24pt Trifecta paper. We reviewed your chats with our company and you stated the paper was thin. Please use a gauge to measure the cards as we can assure you, the cards are 24pt. As for the "velvet" texture, this is just a description of the paper. To get a true sense of what the paper will feel like, it is always best to request a free sample kit. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you
marib121
2/22/18

I was a loyal customer for years. Their press went down so my rush order was going to be extremely late. I inquired about cancelling and a refund. I was told I could not cancel. The next day, I received a shipping notice and then a refund notice. I expected they were refunding my order for the lateness. When I still did not receive it. I logged in and saw that it was canceled. It was hard to get through on the phones so I did an online chat and was told that it was canceled and refunded and no order was being sent. There was no notification or explanation. I see why they are so cheap. The reps have a severe lack of communication, bad customer service skills and the print quality is inconsistent. Will not be using again.

Response from Alex M., GotPrint.com Representative
Hello, thanks for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience in which you may have experienced with your order. Please be advised that we take every actions necessary in order to avoid such delays. Unfortunately, unforeseen issues do happen from time to time. Please be advised that we do maintain communication with all of our customers and they are all documented on the accounts. We strive ourselves in providing exceptional customer service, so we apologize if you have received a negative impression. This order was canceled upon request and a full refund was provided and has already been issued to your credit card. Thank you

Questions? Get answers from the GotPrint.com staff and other customers.

11 Photos for GotPrint.com