Review of GotPrint.com

Tel: 1.877.922.7374
socialmedia@gotprint.com

jeannes25
12/8/17

I will not use these guys again because they printed our brochure wrong and they said it was our fault. End of story. Unfortunately, the online proof they show you that you approve, goes away forever once you place the order. So, there is no way to prove that the mistake was on their side, but they don't care anyway. Your fault. Too bad.

maryd317
12/8/17

After over 20 years of using Got Print with great satisfaction for various products for artists from business cards to brochures I have to discontinue using them. The last order of 2 batches of the exact same business card image I have ordered from them 4 or 5 times with very good results came out muddy and lackluster. Colors way off with no Wow factor that a business card with painting image needs to have. Customer service excuses that made it my fault and large batch run company. I have recommended them to all of my fellow artists and the thousands of people I hand my cards out to. NO MORE! I hardly ever write reviews, but this is upsetting. Off to find a new company-

scottb239
12/7/17

Ordered 8000 tri- folded color brochures and they folded the entire order backwards... making them unusable. Called GotPrint about the order and was told to file the complaint on their site, that was three days ago and Ive heard nothing. Hopefully Visa and the BBB will hell get this issue straight. Buyer Beware.

brycem23
11/22/17

I ordered a lot of different business cards from them, and one batch came out a much different color than the rest. I called Customer Service and they said someone would email me about the matter. They never did, so I called them again a week later. Their reply was that the design colors were different. This could not be because all designs were the same color and only one box of cards came out the wrong color.

I wrote them back to explain and reiterate that this was a printing issue, not a design issue, and they never replied to my email. I had to eat $36 on this order. They offered me a $3 discount on my next order, but they should really re-print them for free since it was their error.

I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN. Also, they charge outrageous shipping fees.

staciw3
10/10/17

They printed posters and mounted them on post board for me. Excellent work. Fast, and inexpensive. I went and picked them up, since they are local (saved me some postage). Good job! Will use them again.

talithap
9/15/17

UPDATE:

About 15 minutes after I posted the review below I got a call from a manager named Fernando. He was gracious, very apologetic, and immediately gave me a credit for the full order. I really appreciated his response and have changed the review to 3 stars. I would give them a higher review because of how happy we've been with the product, but I still can't believe how much time was wasted on trying to resolve their error.

---------------
We've been a regular customer for 5 years & have given this company tens of thousands of dollars. Last month, we placed a large order that included all the pieces to an invitation to our largest fundraiser of the year. We're a non-profit organization and this event raises close to 50% of our budget. When the order arrived it was missing a critical component - the response card envelopes. After multiple calls with customer service (and never so much as an apology or a sense of urgency to fix the issue), they reprinted the envelopes and they arrived TWO weeks later. This caused us to miss our shipping deadline by more than10 days and has had a financial implication on our event. I eventually spoke with 2 "managers" who tried to blow off the issue and thought I should just be happy that they reprinted the envelopes. After expressing how devastating this error was on our end, one manager promised to forward a request to their quality control department for a full or at least a partial refund. After two more phone calls they finally sent an email offering a $15 coupon on our next order. I spoke with another customer service representative who said she confirmed that this was the "best that they could do" but that she understood how frustrating that was to us. She promised that the manager of the quality control department, John, would call me back before the end of the day. Never happened. I called again today and John was in a meeting. Another promise that he'd call back. They told me John is the highest authority in the company and no one else can help me. I'm insulted by this type of customer service. It's unacceptable to treat a longstanding customer (or any customer for that matter) in this manner. I am absolutely shocked that a company like this would lose a customer over a mistake that is clearly on their end. Hopefully John calls back, but I'm not holding my breath.

rich4754
8/14/17

A lot of the time I will say that the work from GP is acceptable. That's why we use them and use them a lot. I'm talking hundreds and hundreds of orders every couple of months. When GP makes a mistake they don't accept responsibility at all. They request pictures on drop shipped orders, as well as non drop shipped orders, which is a hassle but we still do it. Then they don't offer to reprint ever but offer an RMA to return a damaged product from a drop shipped customer. Paying for shipping back to GP on your own dime! What is that? You would think if you have a high volume customer like us you would make an attempt to make them happy and not treat them like they're a free lance guy that orders once every 3-6 months. Which is still unacceptable.

Anyway, I am tired of GP not accepting responsibility for badly printed products and not caring about customers trying to keep their anonymity with drop shipped customers.

If we email you and tell you something is wrong, then that means something is wrong and to please fix it.

Also, please fix your "you need to create an issue ticket online" when something is wrong. We should be able to call and explain and go from the there. Not to hear some person cut you off and say "there's nothing I can do, Please create a ticket online". WHICH NEVER GETS FIXED! Just an email stating you're not accepting responsibility.

If you're a high volume design firm/shop etc. I would keep searching for better. I know we are. Overnightprints.com anybody? Thank you.

jaimer23
8/1/17

Update:
After leaving this review I was contacted by the social media team (and finally someone that was helpful). This order was refunded and I placed another order that delivered today. The cards are now printed and cut correct. I know a lot of people complain in hopes of getting free stuff, but I guess they'll try to make it right if you have a legitimate claim. A shame it takes leaving a negative review to get someone to actually look at the order.

If I could give the social media team a separate score it would be 5, GotPrint in whole - 3, so 4 stars.

Previous review:
Customer service is abysmal. We have used GotPrint on numerous occasions without issue. The most recent order was printed and cut poorly and their customer service is useless. After numerous emails all they have given me is excuses for their poor work. If you think you have found a printer that will stand by their work, think again. The second you have an issue you'll be back seconding my review.

meganc63
7/12/17

I was shocked to find an online printer with such affordable prices. I thought since they are cheap, the quality would suck, but boy was I wrong. You not only get great quality products, you get them for a cheap price. I just hope they bring on more options for business cards soon.

Response from E S., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Megan! We're so glad to hear. We have more options coming soon so please stay tuned!
kelseyb23
3/3/17

I submitted my order for a pop-up banner. They emailed me a digital proof of the banner. I could either approve or deny the proof. I had a change on my banner, so I denied the proof. I was then prompted to submit a new file, which I did with the changes. I was sent a new proof to again approve or deny. I approved as it was the correct banner with the correct changes.
When my banner arrived, it was the FIRST proof that I had DENIED. I called customer service and they said they would look into it and contact me by email. They emailed me later that day and they confirmed that it was their mistake and they had printed the wrong one. They placed the order again for me. I contacted customer service to ask to have it overnighted to me as I needed it within the next few days. I got NO response back. When I got an email saying the order had been placed, I again asked when the banner would arrive as I needed it asap, and again got NO response. I contacted customer service one last time and professionally told them how unsatisfied I was with their customer service and their lack of response to any of my questions. Guess what? NO response. Nothing, not an apology or anything.
My company is currently redoing all four of our divisions' booths for tradeshows and will be spending a lot of money. I am so glad I only purchased one piece from GotPrint.com before any of the others. I will never go through GotPrint.com again and advise all to stay away from them.

reganw1
2/5/16

I've ordered from GotPrint.com a handful of times. One of the times the postcards arrives with roughly cut/torn edges and they were lovely and replaced. Just received an order today with torn edges again and TERRIBLE color reproduction--muted, muddy, much darker than the original, just unuseable. They were very inflexible, asked me to take a photo of five cards (um, ok?). I did. That wasn't enough, so they asked me to take a photo of 15. How does that even happen? From on top of a ladder? Anyway, after six rounds of emails I convinced them to just give me a refund if I send the cards back. And they won't send me the $10 shipping label as "per the terms and conditions" I signed.

If you have a quickie, unimportant job or you're a client who isn't aesthetically discerning, then go for GotPrint.com. If the way the cards look is important, go elsewhere. And there are plenty of other printers in the sea.

Response from E S., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Regan, We do apologize for the inconvenience on your order. It is possible that in the past your RGB files color matched and looked fine, but since we are CMYK based, as stated on our website, this time it did not. We ask for images of the cards so that our Quality Control department can review the files and determine why this issue happened. The first image was not clear enough so we asked for another image with more cards to determine how badly they were cut. A stack of postcards in a picture would do. Since each paper stock cuts differently due to the variety of coating options it can have, minor issues with the edges do occur from time to time as we are a batch printer. No where in our terms and conditions does it state that we would cover the cost of the return label. We will go ahead and refund fully for the cost of the product as you are unhappy with the cards. We are constantly working to improve our services. Thank you for your feedback.
jimj39
2/13/14

Our company used gotprint for DVD sleeves and inserts and they were beautifully created by their printers. The ink did not smudge and the resolution was perfect. The only negative is we had to insert them ourselves into the dvd cases. It was still cheaper than outsourcing the combination together. I do wish they had an option for inexpensive cases and dvd inserts as we would have purchased that package too.

sarahs96
1/29/14

Extremely affordable printing and I've always been happy with the product. If you are having cards made with an image, you have to be careful yourself to make sure the resolution of your image is high. You can pay a little more to be sent a review, or you can just chance it on your own if you feel confident enough on the file you sent to be printed. You can even have them design it for you, if needed. I always order business cards from this site and get complimented quite often on how nice they are. Best part: you REALLY can't beat the price!

Response from E S., GotPrint.com Representative
Hi Sarah, We are glad that you are satisfied with our services. I am glad you were able to use our services to create cards exactly how you want them. We are constantly working to provide our customers with quality prints at affordable prices. Thank you for your feedback.

Questions? Get answers from the GotPrint.com staff and other customers.

GotPrint.com?