Review of VistaPrint

ir@vistaprint.com
2018 Customer choice award

rg158
7/3/19

This is the second time I have ordered from this company, because I was so impressed with there items. The first time I ordered a car magnet, that I ended up using for my mom's fridge , placing my wedding picture on it, and it came out really beautiful. Second time I ordered pens and I was very pleased. Will definitely use them again

tonyac65
6/18/19

I wanted to purchase a gift card for my daughter as she is recently engaged and is looking for good options on invitations and that sort of thing. I have ordered from this site before so thought I would just send her a gift card so she could order from this site as well. NOPE...I just contacted then and that's not an option....so sad :(

robo38
6/9/19

My company have had been using Vistaprint's services for over a year and they do great work at very reasonable prices. Until one Sunday morning we kept getting phone calls to our personal cell phone number. We were asleep and kept rejecting the calls. We finally answered to a sales person from Vistaprint. We asked them where they got our personal number and they stated that they sifted through past orders until they found a number that would pick up. This is slimy and unethical and very unprofessional to harass customers on a weekend, a Sunday and early morning when people are still asleep. We asked to escalate this issue to a supervisor three times and each time the "help" rep stated that a supervisor would call or email. They never did. We will never us Vistaprint again. It is too bad. They had a good thing going until they got desperate to make money.

peterc40
5/23/19

This is a review of Vistaprint's design service.

I recently ordered a set of business cards using Vistaprint's design service, and honestly, it was like working with children - stupid children. It was a simple design - I supplied an image to be centered on one side of the card with 2 lines of text centered on the other.

For starters, they changed one of my lines of text. The first line was the business name and the second read, "thanks you for your business." Apparently this did not make sense to the people working on the design - they do not speak English as a native language - so they changed it, dropping the "s" in "thanks." Fortunately I noticed the change in time to correct it.

Second, they had a great deal of trouble with the concept of centering the image and text within certain quadrants of the design. For example, "center this image on the left half of the card" produced a design with the image in the upper left corner. It was the same with the text. I would have thought the basic aesthetics alone would have been enough to convince them that "centering" does not mean one line at the top of the card and the other at the bottom.

But there are actually two problems when working with Vistaprint's "design team" - and this is completely ignoring the change they made to my text. First (and most obvious) is their lack of English fluency means they do not understand basic terms like "centering," and second, they are not trained designers. They have no art training whatsoever.
Consequently, when they can't understand the instructions, they have no aesthetic sense or training to suggest to them that something might be wrong with their interpretation.

After the second failed attempt to get the basic layout correct, I decided to finish the revisions over the phone. The woman I spoke with was very polite, but had no notion of what I was talking about when I spoke of centering elements within quadrants. I was able to get the design completed only by frequently checking her uploaded revisions and making changes by saying things like, "A little lower and more to the right," or, "Try to get the second line directly below the first line." A real designer would have been sniggering for days over instructions like that.

My issue with this process is that the design fee, an admittedly modest $10, only includes 3 revisions. We went through one revision simply because the "design team" didn't understand the instructions. We went through two more revisions over the phone because they couldn't understand that "centering" applies to both horizontal AND vertical. The fourth and final revision was to correct the change they made in my text. I wasn't charged anything extra for the final revision, but by then I was beginning to wonder if they weren't deliberately misconstruing the instructions in order to force me to pay an additional revision fee. I am still wondering about that because I just don't see how anyone could, in good faith, screw up such a simple design so many times and in so many ways...

The reason for the 3-star review is that I was, in the end, able to get the design I wanted. But it was far too much trouble to get there.

adriannew8
5/14/19

I have been a customer since 2013. I not only have my website with Vistaprint but I have purchased business cards, pens, flyers, signs, etc.

My website was set up for automatic payment. Recently they have been having some type of system issues where they email me saying my payment declined and my website was being cancelled. I would reach out to them and check with the bank. Each time there wasn't an issue with the bank it was with VistaPrint. Throughout this headache my website always still worked.

A few days ago I got an email saying my website was being cancelled yet again for non-payment. I figured it was the same scenario, so I checked my website and it wasn't working. I reached out to VistaPrint and I was told my payment didn't go through. I explained that it's the same card they've been using. The customer service rep told me that the reason my payment declined was simply because I didn't have enough money to cover it? That's how you treat a customer of 6 years that has NEVER missed a payment?

It took multiple chat sessions, a conversation with a manager and 3 different forms of payment to get their system to work. It's insane! I wasted more than an hour of my day trying to get my website up.

As soon as I can rebuild my website somewhere else I will be leaving. I am looking right now. They will not get another dime from me.

adamt133
4/19/19

Disappointing. They canceled a small but important order after they sent me a confirmation and never informed me. Their response was to give me a 15% discount on an order. The same amount you get for signing up with the company in the first place. Find better vendors. Customer service was inflexible and unacceptable.

alexd295
4/18/19

Very satisfied with my business cards. Website is friendly user, the price is very low and with a fast delivery

myster
4/10/19

According to their customer service, THEY DO NOT VERIFY CHECKING ACCOUNTS BEFORE PRINTING YOUR CHECKS, and told me word for word that you can order checks for any account you want! They also refuse to admit to, or pay the fee for, THEIR misprinting error! I feel a huge company who's been around as long as Vistaprint should stand by their products, and their customers, rather than deflect responsibility, I have been back and forth with them on this and get NOTHING but fake empathy and flimsy excuses, but no resolution (oh and did I mention what they can do with their store credit for new checks?!) Therefore, I am now on a mission to cost them as much money in lost business as they have cost me in bank fees!
So lets put this to public opinion... their version suggests I put 6 extra zeroes preceding my account number, when NONE actually exist, and that I also left off the last digit when entering and triple checking my account number on their website (this of course caused the check I wrote to be returned by the bank "unable to locate account") They also claim NOTHING was verified with my bank prior to printing when I said it HAD to have been correct at that point! Now I don't claim to know how checks are made, but I do have some knowledge of data processing and financial documents, and MY version, also my bank's theory, is that THEIR system added the extra zeroes to fill in the extra digit spaces on the checks, thereby DROPPING the last digit of my account number when they printed them, costing a disabled fixed budget $175 in fees AND a perfect rental history... which version sounds more viable to you?? So you decide for yourself if you trust your financial documents to a company that operates, and treats people and their livelihoods this way, I no longer will... or you can go ahead and commit bank fraud, Vistaprint will help you!!

kd132
4/1/19

I was working back and forth with them to get out a rush invitation that they cancelled at the last minute because of a printing issue that they weren't able to resolve and too short notice for local printer to execute!

I was furious and there was nothing they could do about it, no solutions nothing.

Horrible service

margaretv50
3/20/19

I could not believe the full customer service "Jules" provided. The company stepped up and went above and beyond - even when I made the error. They helped me get my project completed with kindness and professionalism. Thank you again for everything

pacificf1
2/7/19

I have recently bought two sets of wedding invitations from vistaprint and the service has been outstanding. The invitations themselves were easy to create online. There were lots of templates to choose from and edit ourselves. The prices were excellent. I couldn't actually find anywhere that offered a cheaper service. The first set of invitations arrived in perfect condition and we are delighted with them. We ordered the second set and they arrived with a printing defect and Vistaprint sent a new set straight away free of charge as well as offering us a partial refund for our troubles. I would definitely recommend Vistaprint as a company to use for invitations. We are really satisfied with the customer service, the quality and the price.

brianl513
abc a.
1/29/19

Quality consistency was poor. Most didn't match proof at all. On many, there was no left and/or top border, others had no top border and others were way off centre.

Chat rep didn't allow me to explain that they were more than just off-centre (the cut was the real problem). With a rude and argumentative tone, the blame was placed on me. With the limitations of the design tool, the white space was centred as much as
possible (within pixels, zoomed at 500%) the rep didn't even ask to see the quality of the cards that I received. I was happy with my proof and the slight, barely noticeable imperfection, but most of the cards received did not replicate my proof, so much so I actually laughed.

Was promised that they'd fix it up and order a new batch and I'll receive it in 2 days. NOTHING. The chat transcript wasn't even sent to my email and when I went to get the transcript from my account, it was never there so I can't defend myself.

Scum of a company.

Tip for consumers: If you find yourself using this site, click the back button a few times or in your browser's address bar, search for another site.

anniec89
1/17/19

I was looking to put an order in for Spot UV Business Cards as their pricing was very reasonable (on sale for $37cad for 500 qty). The only problem was - I want to submit a separate file to indicate where the gloss will be printed (as you would with any other print company out there) and there was no way for me to do that with their submission process.

I spoke to a "specialist" via live chat for an hour and it absolutely went NO WHERE. Not only did she have no clue about the printing nor design process of Spot UV while pretending she did, she started giving me attitude in the end by saying, "this is why you should have shown me your designs first" when I was only looking to get answers before finalizing my files. In the end, her solution was for me to spend extra money on design help when I didn't need any.

I spoke to a second "specialist" via phone the next day, hoping to get a more direct answer from someone with actual knowledge on the topic of printing. At this point, I should have gone with another print company already. He had no clue either. I showed him a mock-up of what I want as my final product and he didn't even know what a mock-up was, assuming it was the print file itself saying, "your design is crooked." Needless to say, I gave up at this point.

Vistaprint, how about having "specialists" who actually specializes in the services you provide? Thank you.

gweno5
1/15/19

Site is extremely easy, checkout is easy, Order arrives in reasonable time and in good shape! I would recommend this to everyone who has a business.

jenniferr429
1/4/19

I used to love this company until I realized their shipping was outrageous. I used to get my business cards from here. Now I can barely afford them so I took my business elsewhere. Not recommended.

mrg96
Mr G.
1/2/19

After trying to check on my order, I realized that vista print must be ran by a bunch of children. All I hear is a bunch of laughter and chatter when trying to speak with a representative, then I get placed on hold longer than the actual conversation about my order... Horrible business ethics!

maisieh3
12/25/18

Fast Shipping fair price and good customer service...........
I'm totally satisfied with my purchase............

carloss151
10/23/18

If you're looking for a fast and very good quality printed stuff, you can leave your work in their hands. Simple the best option for printing!

beatricep18
8/27/18

I'm sorry to say, but I'm very disappointed after my first order from Vistaprint placed order for 4 sets of business cards, paid for the 3 day delivery. Cards were needed for a presentation, but they never arrived. I called customer service, but they were not able to tell me what happened - cards were not printed. I'm not sure if I would like to use this company again.

boby34
8/25/18

The site was a bit confusing. So I waited until the next day to call. As they had personalized note cards or personalized anything, really. I couldn't figure it out. When I called, I spoke with Tanika, who was in Jamaica, snipitty snap and we were done. I received the post cards with my first grade picture plastered on. Got here in just a few days as promised. Highly recommend this business. - Bob of jesuspoems.com.

jamess1200
7/16/18

Tried to order online. Website keeps insisting on selling you things you don't want, forces you to create an account even after selecting proceed as customer and forces you to accept future email ads even if try to opt out. Find some place else to do business.

caitlyns13
7/14/18

I was stressing over invitations for everything for my wedding (save-the-dates, wedding invitations, bridal shower, etc). I found this site and I thought WOW look at those prices and I was so worried that they were going to look cheap and $#*!ty or be a scam site but I purchased my save-the-dates from them and I ABSOLUTELY loved them so much that I went back and purchased my wedding invitations from them as well. My Maid of Honor also got the bridal shower invites from here as well and she saved tons of money! I absolutely would recommend this site to anyone! Great prices, fast shipping, and an incredible product.

jamesd597
4/20/18

So, after my ill-fated experience with Zazzle prior, I took a hint from an associate and started up with Vistaprint. Suffice to say, I was not let down by the pricing, the product or the speed of delivery. Three days it took for Pens, Mousepads and 1K Business Cards, all custom made, to be sent to my place of business, all at a very affordable price. For under 100$, I was able to get a significant lift in my business's image, and I am now able to better promote my graphic design products.

While it had some irks with piecing my business logo on the website, I am still happy with my product and quite satisfied with the speed it was delivered. I have already placed further orders to the site, and I am expecting more in the future. I would absolutely recommend Vistaprint over Zazzle, and writing down memos with my new pens, as well as using my new mousepads has been a delighting experience thus far.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you have an editing program in order to get the full experience out of this site, Paint.net is free-to-use, but if you have the funds, Photoshop is also a great program to use with this site. It will allow you to get black and white images, inverted colors and even expanding the borders for some of the larger items they have available.

lukec65
4/17/18

Published 17 minutes ago Updated 12 minutes ago
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH VISTA PRINT- EVER!!!
This company is best described as a fraud. They make claims they do not fulfil and they charge you for services they do not intend to deliver. I'm based in London (very central, not far flung) and I paid £11.8 in extra shipping costs to ensure my business cards were delivered for an important business conference. At 11.30pm the night before scheduled delivery, they send me an email saying its not ready, won't be delivered on time and most shockingly they make no commitment as to when it will be delivered. It's more of a case of "as and when" we will let you know. Then I call customer service and have the misfortune of speaking to a person who after 10 minutes of refusing to state her name, finally identified herself Wissal Laterch. She then puts me on hold to "check with the manufacturer" and never takes me off hold (over an hour) in what is obviously an attempt to spite me for calling in to complain. Ultimately I now have no cards, no explanation regarding the £11.8 for expedited shipping, no apology from VistaPrint and worst of all absolutely no commitment to ever deliver the cards. Like in the email, their position is simply "If or when we deliver it, we'll let you know". Never ever do business with these fraudsters and charlatans!! Shame on VistaPrint!!

jeffc289
4/13/18

So I placed my order paid for faster shipping (5 days) My order will arrive in 5 days. it took 9 days to get the order. I needed to send out wedding invites right away. When I got them part of the printed artwork in the middle of the invite was missing. Went online and they would re-do the order and ship it the same way. I didn't have 9 days to wait again. They would only refund part of the order and wouldn't ship the replacement order faster even though the printing was wrong. The CHAT agent was no help. I would have expected a full refund since I had to get the work re-done locally. Instead they only want to refund part of the cost. That's not right! Their guarantee is useless. Don't believe what you read! Someone there should have noticed part of their artwork was missing, especially when they helped design the work.

If they do a lousy job, go back to your bank and do a charge back to get the full refund. These were our wedding invitations and I had to make a mad rush to go get them re-designed and re-printed locally. Lousy Printing, lousy service, lousy company. They offered me a refund CREDIT towards a future order. If you can't get it right once, then not be able to deliver it in time, why should I order from you again?

Tip for consumers: AFTER you place the order it will ask if if you want more at half price. So just order half of what you need and you will get the other half at half price and no added shipping.

82 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, the calendars are beautifully done and arrive in great shape, quality is very nice.

By gwen o.

I tried ordering wedding invites that the artwork only partially printed and the artwork came from them! I would not use them again. Then they only wanted to issue me a credit for future orders. Why would I want you to keep my money to screw up another order from you? I went through the hassle of doing a charge back! I had to run out and get them designed and printed again locally. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM FOR ANY PRINTING.

By Jeff C.

Yes, all my orders have been awesome! They arrive in a timely manner and quality is good.

By gwen o.

Questions? Get answers from the VistaPrint staff and other customers.

3 Photos for VistaPrint