Review of Fry's

service@cs.frys.com
2018 Customer choice award

davee16
11/29/12

Always a good one , you can check stock on the item you want and it will give you an honest answer! Never had a problem with returns! And they actually get some training! And check this out, They will match any replicable ONLINE Company in store!! Try that at Bestbuy! Not happening! dave2124

rafaelg6
11/18/12

This store doesn't seem to know what they are doing! I pre orderd a product and it is not until the very day of the release that they realize they didn't order enough of the product to fulfill the orders that were placed two months in advance! Your lack of seriousness and costumer commitment completely sucks!!

georgep11
8/13/12

good return policy, redeemed me for the postage cost too

michaelp36
1/20/12

I found the best price for a hard drive on Fry's web site. I placed an order. Three days letter my credit union called asking if I was in California. I replied no. They were calling to notify me that someone was using my MasterCard Check Card around the L.A. area at various merchants. I checked my checking account and the charges started the same day that Fry's "fulfilled" my order.

I notified Frys Risk Management department. They sounded concerned, took the information and said Customer Relations who call me that day. No call. The next day I called Risk Management again. They said they got a message that both my home and cell number were disconnected. She said she would have Consumer Relations call that day. Still no call.

I have a reasonable belief that someone at Fry's Order Fulfillment center is "skimming" credit card numbers. I recommend that no one buy on line from Fry's.
They cannot keep your credit card data secure.

philipm2
10/22/11

Awesome

rons14
7/7/11

I love going to fry's there is just something about it. If you like electronics there is nowhere else I can think of that is like fry's. If you not lucky enough to live by a Fry's then you can still go to the website. They have a lot of stuff to look at. I use fry's online store more for finding hard to find parts and getting part numbers when trying to build or fix a computer. I usually just find the part I need and go to fry's in person to get it. So as far as shipping goes I can't tell you. What I can tell you is if need a part that is hard to find they probably have it.

johns121
3/7/11

For a few months now i have been toying with the idea of building a new computer. After weeks and weeks of reading forum reviews and comparing prices i was finally able to put together the best possible high end tower for a very very reasonable price....given all the companies have the merchandise i need in stock when they say they have stock(we would hope).

Unfortunately this is not the case when it comes to Fry's Electronics. I purchased a GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD7 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 XL ATX AMD Motherboard from them on 3/4/11. The site said that they had the motherboard in stock, i went as far as making the purchase and received the ORDER REFERENCE/INVOICE number and was told that it would be shipped NEXT DAY.

Unfortunately due to http://www.Frys.com piss poor inventory control i found out 3 days later that they don't have it in stock anymore and that there is no ETA as to when they will ever be getting the motherboard in, yet they still took my money and offered no reimbursement or credit to my account on the http://www.frys.com account profile .

I called http://www.Frys.com customer service line and told them about this issue and all they did was apologize for the inconvenience. At this point in time my confidence in this company had still yet to be tainted; I was still willing to wait for http://www.Frys.com to get the product in so i asked the big question...... When will you(http://www.Frys.com) be getting more GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD7 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 XL ATX AMD motherboards in and i was told they had no idea when and if they would ever get the that motherboard in. The only thing good that came out of the conversation was my money back except for the fact that they got their money the same day of purchase but my reimbursement will come back in 3 days not the same day.

Needless to say due to their piss poor inventory control and horrible customer service i will NEVER use this electronics company to make purchases EVER AGAIN. If you want that feeling of security and the confidence that your product will come in when its supposed to if ever i would without question NOT go to http://Frys.com

rodrigod
1/7/11

It's been a while that I don't post, but this deserves a post in capital letter: DO NOT BUY on Frys.com. I placed an order on 11/25/2010, and their system recorded two orders, charged twice, and shipped two packages. When I called them, they told me to refuse the package when it was delivered by USPS. That is what I did on 12/07/2010. It's been a month since I refused the package, and several calls to their customer service number, one email sent through their web site (without response after a week), and I haven't received any refund. Except for the last associate I talked to, they did not seem to care a bit about the problem. Most of them say that I should keep waiting, because it can TAKE MONTHS. One of them said that he would talk to the manager and call me back: HE'S NEVER DONE THAT. Now, after a month of following their directions, they will investigate further without any guarantee whatsoever - yes, it's possible that they will never refund.

I think I've been really spoiled by Amazon.com and other companies that care about their customers and forgot about companies like Frys. Frys clearly doesn't care about their customers, provide a horrible experience, and I will definitely recommend all my friends against buying anything from this company.

shanab1
11/28/10

We ordered a tv from frys.com on black friday at 12:30 am. We received a confirmation email and then left the house to go shopping. We got an email SUNDAY saying that they were sorry, but they were going to be unable to fulfill our order. If we were to have known that our tv was not on it's way, like they said, then we would have bought another when we could have.
After numerous phone calls to the company, someone finally called us back and said "The higher ups have decided that there is nothing that we can do & we will be giving no one any sort of satisfaction." We also informed them that they have another 32" tv on their site, and that we would accept that at the same price. They said "No." Don't use this site, because chances are, once they have your credit card info, they will just screw you over.

andrewh5
10/18/10

I love this site, but I really love the store. I turn to Fry's for all my odds and ends electronics needs and am never disappointed.

chriso1
3,071 helpful votes
5/29/10

The largest collection of goods without boxes, boxes without goods, goods with missing cables or instructions, and returned and resealed-as-if-still-working products I've ever seen. Sometimes every single item in an entire product range has been used once and returned by a customer, each to be repackaged and replaced on the shelf with one of those orange labels which you should ideally interpret to mean "stay well away from this one".

If you are looking for a job here, be warned that company dress policy results in only the Mormons being able to field this many ill-fitting black suits in the one place. On the plus side no particular product knowledge seems to be required, which I assume justifies the poor salaries which are rumored to be on offer, and no certain knowledge of the location of any product is required, permitting staff to send inquiring customers to Aisle 5 regardless.

Although the reputation of Frys own brand products was always well known, I did appreciate confirmation when I bought a Frys laptop a few years back. The salesman, who confided that he was leaving the company on the following day, was kind enough to assure me that no more than around 90% of this particular model had overheated within a week of being purchased and had been returned. This was about what I'd expected, but since I couldn't afford anything better, I went ahead and bought it even against his recommendation. The curious part is that the computer, which had been anonymously made in China, then went on to work perfectly, without overheating, and entirely reliably, for at least the next three years. Surprise, eh?

My last successful purchase here was an HD TV for a relative, and I benefited from Frys notoriously poor stock-keeping and store service. Initially, I picked a model that was already discounted on the day. Then, as I was kept waiting about a half hour while various salesmen searched for the package, I got a further discount. And since the packing never did turn up and I was prepared to accept the TV just as it was, I got another discount. A fair deal, that one. But not the first time I'd had a similar experience; I'd bought a digital camera a couple of years previously and despite going through every box they had, they couldn't find one single camera that still had its lens cap, instructions, battery and so forth. Nobody seemed able to guess where all these accessories had vanished to but since they were unable to put a complete set together a nice healthy discount was on offer for accepting whatever they had.

If you watch the local newspaper for the daily bargains, you can do really well here - if you're buying a product that's good quality to start with. The special sales on vacation days can also yield some good buys. But Frys does also stock some pretty cheaply made products, in fairness at very low prices, so if you're trying to save every cent do look carefully before you buy something at the bottom of the price range. It may not be worth the amount you save.

As others have observed, the returns policy here has always been great and this explains the sometimes astonishingly long line of customers returning goods that didn't work. Frys makes no attempt to conceal it, placing the large Returns section right next to the front door in the lobby, which is unusually honest for a retailer.

The only thing that just about everyone has a complaint about, at least at the Campbell store where I shop, is the limited parking. Not that it's a limited parking space, it's just not big enough to cope with the phenomenal volume of business that Frys does here. And over at the other local store, which is somewhat bigger than your average aircraft hangar, you could probably land a medium sized airliner in the car park but there still aren't enough spaces on a busy day.

Overall it's true to say there's nothing else quite like Frys in this area. It can be incredibly crowded, making it a fun place to just hang out and people-watch even if you don't want to buy anything; it can yield really great bargains if you know what you want and choose the right day; and it has an eclectic, unrivaled product range. It is also a pain to shop here at busy times, you should be knowledgeable about the brands you buy, and you may have to deal with missing packaging and accessories especially with discontinued products of which there may only be a couple of examples left in stock. The company slogan is the unimaginative "Your best buys are always at Frys", and although I'm sure it's not literally true, if you're careful and your visit is well timed you could definitely find your best buy here.

marys5
11/21/09

NEW POLICY -- 15% restocking fee!

oscarj
8/7/09

Who just doesn't love Fry's electronics?? Great return policy and cheap taiwanese knock offs for almost every electronic item out there makes this the place to shop. Forget overpaying at Radio Shack or office depot, buy all of your supplies at Fry's and you know you are getting a fair price.

rodg
5/2/07

the mecca for all geeks - I get lost in here for weeks at a time. They have the best return policy on the planet. If its broken, just return it. If you get tired of it, just return it. Just don't ever buy something that was returned even if its 10% off.

182 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I used to shop at Fry's when I was in the United States and I now live in China and have actually visited a factory where some of the Beats products are manufactured. Fry's products are all genuine products. During my 5+ years of shopping at Fry's, they have always given me excellent service and refunded my purchase price if ever I needed to make a return. If want FAKE products then try a famous auction web site, some no-name web sites with lots of bad English grammar and too-good-to-be-true prices shipped from Asia. Alternatively, you could book a flight to Shenzhen, China and I could introduce you to many Beats counterfeits. Fry's is a great place to shop and I highly recommend them for good price and quality products. I hope you enjoy your new Beats headphones when you finally get them.

By Rick L.

Go somewhere else. Ordered a Samsung 65" QLED from Frys, they delivered it and I opened the box and installed it on the stand we have. When I turned it on it has a 3" crack in the screen at the top center. Called them and was told I have to bring it in the store to have it checked. They concluded it was my fault and would not fix or replace it. Terrible customer service. Two other customers were there trying to return items and they would not take them back. Now we're stuck with a TV that's cracked.

By Roy D.

yes, common over bro

By whatafak w.

5 min

By whatafak w.

Questions? Get answers from the Fry's staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Fry's