Review of Fry's

service@cs.frys.com
2018 Customer choice award

sherryl19
5/4/15

My husband and son love it.

rickl38
4/24/15

I like shopping at Fry's because of the great selection of DIY computer hardware.

robertd118
4/17/15

I put up a credit card for a store pick up and they had restocked it already when I went to pick it up. Lupe Chavez made four stops at three computers and couldn't walk over to the cage that had the part I wanted. The store manager was tied up with other pissed off customers. The floor clerks were hiding by the motherboards to avoid helping real customers. I couldn't get help with buying a laptop. Way to go manager, I bought the sd chip and a laptop on the way home. (&%% off.

johnk159
4/17/15

Fry's was never great, but I've reached the end of my limits. I ordered some anti-virus software over a month ago. It never showed up. I contacted Fry's.com support, they said they would "open an investigation". Then yesterday I get an email saying the claim was denied. Please contact the shipper to file a claim. O.K., that's pretty crappy, but then they didn't put insurance on the shipment, so there is no ability to file a claim with USPS. All I get from Fry's.com phone support is the run around and call USPS to file a claim. Speaking to a manager, if that's really what they were, went no where either.

DON'T BUY FROM THESE FRY'S GUYS, THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTENT.

johna368
4/11/15

Does not honor their adds. Tried to purchase item online from a email add frys had sent me but could not get the item to come up when clicked on. Emailed customer service and was told they were having a issue online but was trying to fix it, after several days I called customer service and was told that was a in-store add only. No where on the email add did it say in-store only. So I emailed customer service back again and was told what happened was they sold out so quick online they had to take them off. A different story each time. I don't think they are a very honest store and will be doing business elsewhere.

charliem42
4/8/15

Ordered a home subwoofer from frys.com and the same day I received it, I noticed the auto on/off wasn't functioning. It wouldn't turn off like it is supposed to. Contacted frys.com customer service and explained the issue. I was promptly asked if I had contacted the manufacturer. When I said no, she said that's what I had to do. Long story short, they refused to accept the return unless I paid to ship it back to them, which would be costly to ship a heavy item. So if you are buying a heavy/large electronics items, beware, as frys.com will make you pay return shipping or deal with the manufacturer. No way I'll make another purchase from them when other online retailers like Amazon and Newegg are FAR better.

wrh
3/26/15

great in store deals if you have one near you but the online stuff can be beat

rangang
3/16/15

I reported earlier about my rebate not processed and they replied me as follow.

Hello Mr. Govindarajan

I did receive your letter in regards to your rebate. I did talk to my
rebates manager and she is going to approve for us to process it.

You should see a check within 3-5 weeks.

Christina L

I am yet to get the check they promised.

chesterm21
3/12/15

Just about two years since I bought these from Amazon.

Matched them with a Harman Kardon AVR 145 and wow. This was a team. I have heard many tower speakers from different family and friends, and of course from Best Buy and the like. These speakers can handle a lot of sound and keep clean without distortion.

peterc68
2/12/15

Have been using for a long time great

brizeanm
2/3/15

If you live in outside country like india or anywhere, i strictly recomend you not to buy anything from this company. NEVER.
Because i ordered a ps4 which is 17k Rupees in india. I payed. After few days i got a call from frys asking me to pay 4800 rupees for registration. Again on the same date i got another call asking me to pay 6800 rupees for tax. N after two days i got another call asking me to pay for custom tag.
NEVER EVER TRUST THIS COMPANY. It sucks

jongy
2/1/15

I ordered a big screen TV. It took 10 days to ship to my home without tracking information. The TV was damaged upon received during shipping and it took 12 days to have it pick up. After they picked up the broken TV, it took another 31 days to have my money refunded. So they kept my money for 53 days in their bank while I am without a TV to watch. Every time, It needed several phone calls or emails to ask them to do something. Most of the workers are very irresponsible and don't care their service.

Tip for consumers: Do not buy any big and fragile item from this website. You are on your risk if something goes wrong. The return service is terrible.

albertp24
2/1/15

my favorite hangout

johng173
1/30/15

Avoid at ALL cost. Best Buy has 1) better service, 2) better return policy, 3) more informed workers...Fry's workers are looking out for their commisiions...They befriend, but let the managers F*&)k you over.

Tip for consumers: where else....Like COSTCO.

laurar46
1/30/15

I was wary of buying from Fry's because of all the bad reviews, but I couldn't pass up the price on this new Lenove G50. So far... so AWESOME. I received my laptop earlier than estimated and it's perfect!

markc104
1/27/15

Great service, very friendly and good quality products.

renaj1
1/22/15

I hate Fry's. They don't give a damn about you, the customer. They make you jump through hoops and still won't allow you to return something that you erroneously bought. You talk to three different people (after waiting on hold FOREVER) and you get three different answers and still get no satisfaction. They have lost me as a customer!

marycm
1/16/15

Fry's has a great selection of Computers and accessories, and often reasonable prices. HOWEVER, they seem to do things in an assembly line style. To pay for my products, I have stood in a line of up to 25 other people waiting for them to check us all out. The first two people in the line can see how many employees are working the registers. The rest of the long line of counters has been hidden by display cases, so you cannot see the employees. I don't know about other people, but it really ticks me off to see that many people waiting in a very slow line that does not seem to move at all, and I have waited as much as 30 minutes for it to be my turn to check out. That is terrible service.
Also, at Fry's, though they have many employees to help the customers looking for products, if you are not a young male dressed in Professional Attire and appear to have a lot of money, the employees will often look right through you, and shine you on when you have the terrible audacity to ask them questions. I am an older women who wears casual dress. I am very smart, and that is how I look. It is quite insulting to repeatedly ask an employee of a store where to find a product, and as they are walking away and looking back at you over their shoulder, they shout out: "You can find that T.V. Antenna on aisle" whatever. There are numerous employees at Fry's quite willing to ignore you. It may cost less to shop at Fry's, but not only have I been treated dismissively and with disrespect, but then, I was left waiting almost a half an hour for the check-out employee to finally serve me. This gave me more time than I needed to decide I would not ever return to Fry's.
In deep contrast, though STAPLES does not hire enough employees to help the customer, when you can finally find an employee to serve you, I have ALWAYS been treated with courtesy, friendliness and respect. The clerks are kind people, and I would rather pay extra money to be treated almost as a family member as opposed to going to Fry's where they seem to think it is O.K. to treat ANYONE as though they were from skid row.
STAPLES is one of my favorite stores! They usually have on hand, (in the store), almost everything to stock my office. Sometimes the prices are fairly high as compared to Fry's Electronics, but STAPLES is much nearer to home than other places.

jamesm224
12/31/14

After numerous phone calls to the company, someone finally called us back and said "The higher ups have decided that there is nothing that we can do & we will be giving no one any sort of satisfaction." We also informed them that they have another 32" tv on their site, and that we would accept that at the same price. They said "No." Don't use this site, because chances are, once they have your credit card info, they will just screw you over.

paula326
12/31/14

I ordered merchandise from Frys.com on Dec. 1, 2014. The product was supposed to be delivered Dec. 26. According to the web site, it wasnt backordered, just had an "in process" status for over a month. I am usually pretty patient about this sort of thing, but I dont like it when they say a product is delievered, when it isnt even shipped.
I think perhaps this will be the last time I order something from Frys.com

shaunh12
12/18/14

Made an order last week. When we tried to submit the order there was an error. We tried changing our billing info and resubmitting it a bunch of times and it just kept erroring out. The next morning we were surprised with the fact that each of our clicks had generated a hold on our bank account for the amount of our desired purchase.

Naturally we were alarmed at the prospect of having 18 items delivered so we called the company. The representative had poor english and possibly even worse training. He said that he couldnt find an order and had no idea why our account had been charged over $400.00. He suggested that we call our bank because it was obviously a bank problem and had nothing to do with them. I knew this was a load of crap because I was employed by a bank a few years ago. Regardless of our lack of help we waited it out and a few days later the holds all dropped off.

We still wanted the item so on Sunday I put in the order for one. There was no error this time. Monday came and the hold was on the account. Tuesday came around and the hold dropped off without the account being charged. I had received no email for the order. When we had no progress on Wednesday I went ahead and ordered the item off another site, having given Fry's two chances at my business. I declined to call them as the call on the previous order attempt had been a giant waste of time.

Sure enough, with the order I made on Wednesday night having successfully processed immediately, Thursday morning saw a charge show up from Fry's for the item. 48 hours after the hold dropped off the account. 3.5 days after I made the order. And I still haven't gotten an order confirmation email.......

Tip for consumers: Considering ordering from Fry's? Run away. Run away and never return.

seanb39
11/22/14

Not the best for photography shopping. But good for beginner. Good prices though

pennyw3
11/14/14

Pre-ordered a Wii U Deluxe on Sept. 16, 2012 for my autistic son. Called frys.com to confirm recent of my order and it was confirmed with a confirmation number. In addition, I received a confirmation of my order via email. Recalled frys.com on 11/10/12 to confirm my order will be shipped on 11/18/12 and again was told yes. Now on 11/20/12, am told that my order will not be fulfilled. Only the Frys stores received the product. This is the worst customer service ever. Will never buy from Frys.com again.

ruthtm
11/7/14

I did not see these types of site and service because I buy one camera from this site. After the one week the camera did not work properly I tried to contact frys.com site but they did not give good response. I paid big amount for this camera but it is not good.

robinc27
10/24/14

Boy do I have some news all of you need to pay attention to and it is regarding Fry's Electronics.
Tonight I went in to purchase a laptop, accessories and Office 365 software. I chose the one for 5 pc's since it was only $30 more. At the counter I asked the cashier to double check if the software can be returned if unopened. The reason I told him was I want to try and put a different Office Program and not sure if it was compatible with the new laptop I just purchased. If I could not return if unopened I did not want the software (the cost $99)
Their policy on each side also says it can. He asked another cashier and confirmed it could be returned if unopened. He rang up the total sale. Before signing the receipt I noticed it said I had "unreturnable items" and referenced the software I just asked about.
When he asked again he said it could not be returned. Okay now I am just ticked off. Since I had not signed the receipt I asked him to void the entire transaction and re-ring everything but the software. He said he could not do this as the transaction already went through. But I had not authorized it yet with the signature. He said it didn't matter they don't require a signature.
VERY IMPORTANT THAT LAST SENTENCE AND I WILL AGAIN SAY stores can put transactions through and charge your card without your signature. I told him I wasn't going to sign, nor would I leave the store because this was their mistake.
His supervisor came over, and once again they refused to do anything about it. They said I could call Microsoft and they could refund me the money.
Being stubborn I stood my ground and waited for the Store Manager. Dillon you have no desire to make customers happy, or satisfied. I even made the comment "so you make customers pay for your mistakes!" Mind you the entire time the cashier kept admitting fault in this and they ignored him. Dillon told me the best he could do was keep my name on file as they are working with Microsoft to change this policy. It may take 30, 60, or 90 days to refund me the money.
At this point I turned from him, took my cell phone out of my purse called American Express to file a dispute. Dillon kept trying to talk to me, but it was just white noise.
American Express was APPALLED at the behavior of the store. She had Never heard of a store not taking care of their customer. Especially since I was still at the store, the register that had just rung me up and she could hear the cashier giving me all 4 names of the people involved, and commented this was all being recorded.
She said she would NEVER do business with Fry's and I should NEVER do business with them again. She also said it was very smart of me to use my American Express because of their policy to take care of unauthorized charges.
I then said so basically I can leave the store with all the merchandise and receipt and she confirmed this. No signature still on the receipt, but they will suspend the charges and once investigation is complete the $$ will be credited back on the card.
She was shocked they wouldn't take care of $99 after I just made a little shy of a $700 purchase.
So any of you that use credit cards.... be careful!! and if you go to Fry's KNOW the return policy posted on each side of registers is NOT correct and by the time you see the receipt with the correct return, or unreturned in this case, items it is TOO late! If you aren't using an American Express you basically just got SCREWED by Fry's!!!

182 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I used to shop at Fry's when I was in the United States and I now live in China and have actually visited a factory where some of the Beats products are manufactured. Fry's products are all genuine products. During my 5+ years of shopping at Fry's, they have always given me excellent service and refunded my purchase price if ever I needed to make a return. If want FAKE products then try a famous auction web site, some no-name web sites with lots of bad English grammar and too-good-to-be-true prices shipped from Asia. Alternatively, you could book a flight to Shenzhen, China and I could introduce you to many Beats counterfeits. Fry's is a great place to shop and I highly recommend them for good price and quality products. I hope you enjoy your new Beats headphones when you finally get them.

By Rick L.

Go somewhere else. Ordered a Samsung 65" QLED from Frys, they delivered it and I opened the box and installed it on the stand we have. When I turned it on it has a 3" crack in the screen at the top center. Called them and was told I have to bring it in the store to have it checked. They concluded it was my fault and would not fix or replace it. Terrible customer service. Two other customers were there trying to return items and they would not take them back. Now we're stuck with a TV that's cracked.

By Roy D.

yes, common over bro

By whatafak w.

5 min

By whatafak w.

Questions? Get answers from the Fry's staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Fry's