Review of Fry's

service@cs.frys.com
2017 Customer choice award

jackk154
10/20/18

I drove there this morning to buy a Samsung UN43NU6900 43" TV. It was in an ad for today only, in store only for $299.99 with code 7152311. They said they had one but "couldn't" find it when they went to look for it. Meanwhile, while waiting, I heard one of the salesmen tell the other he wanted one to take home. I could understand if they only had one left and the salesman wanted to buy it himself, but I don't like being lied to. Asked to se a manager and was told I would have to go up front. There was none in office and I was told I'd have to wait in the return line. I gave up. Very disappointed...

sheryld41
10/11/18

This is a review of Frys delivery service. I am shocked and amazed. I have used this service twice. Today, at 10:00 a.m., I placed an order, online, for 100 blank memorex cd's. It was delivered at 12:30 p.m.!! And the delivery charge was $1.99. I am not kidding. $1.99! Are they out of their mind?!! This is amazing! Best delivery service ever!! BEST DELIVERY SERVICE EVER!!!!!!!

willw54
10/4/18

I bought a GTX 1060 video card from Fry's two days ago, and my computer could not detect it, I've tried on two different computers and still could not fix it. So I went back there to return it. But Fry's refused to return, they said they don't let anyone return any video cards anymore. It is completely not returnable. The $#*!y manager said to me rudely "We changed our return policy last year to not let any one return a video card because of the mining ppl. You have to contact the manufacture to have a replacement if it's defective." And I said you guys changed the return policy without letting customer knows. And that $#*! said "Oh, it doesn't matter. "This item can not be returned" is printed on the receipt. Now I realized how stupid I am. Why I came to local store for shopping??? I can go buy anything on Amazon with my Prime membership and return it without any hassle, why the $#*! I went to Fry's??

I have to keep this defective card for now and contact manufacture for a replacement which could be done in next two months?? $#*! my holiday season without having a working video card??? Are you $#*!ing kidding me, Fry's???

You all should never buy a thing at Fry's again!!

tonyd181
10/1/18

I ordered a scooter online. Counted on for gift, they called day of delivery saying " do not know whey THEY let you order". "We do not have that scooter. " Then tried to sell me on a far inferior scooter for more money . When I asked if they could at least match the price of the better scooter they refused. They would do nothing to honor my completed order .

richardm740
9/8/18

As a as a public service, I would warn any consumer to stay away from FRYS.
Cannot find help, when you find an employee they are rude and do not know their products.
Do not waste your money with this company, any other electronics store is better.
Buyer be warned!!

paula334
8/27/18

I love Fry's and it is a true rarity in the current retail market. They provide in-depth and knowledgeable service across the board on electronics and other areas. It is really a great place for those wanting to actually solve technical problems or get high quality solutions to electronics needs, instead of someone just yes'ing them or just trying to sell them something. What I especially like is that when talking to sales clerks about products and ideas, they give candid opinions and feedback on questions and issues. They are not afraid to offer their critiques of your proposed solution or approach. A true rarity in retail these days. I highly recommend to buy your electronics here. This place is really awesome and few places left in retail with this kind of in-depth no nonsense approach to technology solutions.

seans179
8/4/18

I bought a Soleus FE2-12BA 12000 BTU A/C . the sign on it said it would work in a room that is 450sf -550st i put it in a room that is 155 sf it doesn't do anything unless you sit right in front on it. It is way to week to cool a even 155sf. I brought it back to the store and they refused to exchange the unit because they could feel cold air blowing out. They said the unit would have to be defective to exchange it. I the unit doesn't preform as advertised wouldn't that be considered defective. The manager Sam Mikeuc said the best he could do is give me 50% off a second unit! This store is a ripoff they don't back the products they sell or honor their own policies the will change it as they see fit! I wouldn't buy anything from these scam artist and their customer service suck too!!!!!

koeo
6/18/18

I bought a piece of software that was supposed to speed up my computer. Instead, it rendered some elements inoperable until I did a system restore. Then it slowed it down until I eventually undid the install. After a web search, I realized this program is KNOWN to have such effects, but Fry's sells it anyway and continues to. They take zero accountability and refuse a refund because it is opened software. Online customer service was non-responsive. The first gentleman on the phone wasn't helpful at all, then the manager was a condescending, um, less-than-helpful person. I'm contesting the charge with Visa and will never shop with Fry's again.

jefferyw20
5/31/18

Online order a TV via Fry's website. Credit card been charged and delivery scheduled been set. However no one delivery; no one contact me for further solutions.

royd70
5/28/18

Bought a 65" QLED Samsung TV from Frys website and had it delivered. Upon turning it on there is a 3" crack in the screen at the top . Called Frys right away and they said i have to bring it back to the store for a manager to look at it. Took it to City of Industry store and the manager said i must have damaged it and nothing he could do about it. Theres no way I damaged it and now Im stuck with a cracked screen. Nect step is small claims court.

harryh43
4/23/18

Sure Frys has all these cheap knockoff items and some of the mainstream brands are fairly competitive, and that's great. But If you buy something thru Frys.com, you can't return it to the store. You can only manage it through Fry's.com and it's a huge pain and inconvenience. Their website has always been real bulky to use because of the layout. Since they're a separate business for all intents and purposes from Frys the physical store, why don't they just call the website something else other than Frys in order to avoid confusion?

terryg78
4/23/18

I purchased Turbo Tax from Frys.com because they offered a great price. However, Turbo Tax did not calculate my taxes correctly. I was told that I needed to purchase a more expensive version of Turbo Tax. But I didn't have the money to do that, so I asked for a refund.
They were happy to take my money, but when the product they sold me did not meet my needs, they refused any kind of refund. This was not my first problem with Fry's, but it definitely will be my last. They have screwed me over for the last time.

jeanr68
4/7/18

I go to this place for fun. At first I thought to be a great deal of a place, but then I realized that things would be re-stocked in the shelves after being returned on a "not-working" condition. You take the thing home, as expected it does not work. They increase their cash flow for a second and then you back back returning it for an exchange or money back. Because you are there you may get tempted with something else, and here we go again.

It is a strange concept, but online retailing is defeating this kind of places.

Last purchases have been okay, but stopped working soon. So that's why, coming back to this place is for fun.

scotth192
4/7/18

I purchased a coax stripper and RG5 "F" compression CATV connectors at the Renton, WA Fry's Electronics store. I tried to return both items in unopened packages to the store and provided the original receipt. I was told by the clerk that I could not return these items because more than 30 days had elapsed. The 30 day return policy was not shown on the receipt nor is the policy posted in a readily visible location in the store. Furthermore, neither item is subject to obsolescence since both are still available in the store. I have purchased other items from Fry's electronics in other states and have not had a similar experience. Fry's electronics is clearly not interested in me as a customer so I will not waste my time in Fry's Electronics stores again.

sagarp7
1/16/18

We ordered a Raspberry Pi 3 B on December 29, for my son's birthday, and it was supposed to arrive on January 4th. It's January 16th the day I am posting this, and it is still not there yet. Both me and my son are VERY disappointed. We emailed them TWICE and still no response. TERRIBLE SERVICE AND YOU WON'T GET ANYTHING ON TIME!!!

toniaw3
12/27/17

Order wireless headphone as a gift. They would never even charge much less turn on. Was on hold with customer service for almost an hour just for them to tell me there is nothing they can do if I don't have the original box even though I have the receipt. Seems to me that they look for any and every reason to get and keep your money. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!

jeremyo10
12/22/17

Ordered two items, early black friday while the item said it was in stock. Waited and waited for them to ship it, then about 2 weeks later it updated on their website saying it backordered. It's been over a month, and I get an email saying they don't know when the product is going to be in stock again and if I don't contact them they are going to cancel my order in 30 days.
Absolute nightmare, so much for getting these items in before Xmas.. Why in the WORLD would you have a Black Friday sale you can't back up? Absolute horrible experience, waste of time, money, could of ordered the same item on Amazon for a little more and got it in 2 days. Go Elsewhere!

nareshs4
12/19/17

I placed an order for an Apple Watch on Dec 12, taking advantage of an email promo code. The site said it was in stock and allowed the order to go through. After checking back a week later, the watch showed up as back ordered. Fry's does not send out notifications about problems with your order until it is far too late. Their site still shows it as in stock. I'm going to have to spend significantly more now for the same item to get it in time for Xmas. This is patently deceptive. They oversell all the time and don't have the inventory to back up their orders. Don't bother calling customer support - You'll have a 1 hour minimum hold time, even if they say the wait time is only 5 minutes. They hung up on me when I asked to speak to a supervisor! After I sent them an email, they just cancelled it with no explanation. Avoid, avoid, avoid, especially if you want anything in time for the holidays.

cindyf28
12/5/17

I love Fry's and I buy more then computer parts there. Shampooers, microwaves, vacuums, music/videos and as seen on TV. However if you need help you will have difficulty finding a sales rep to help you, Last night I went in to buy a mini fridge for my father. Since they had no boxes you could throw in your cart I had an unpleasant time trying to get the sales rep to help me. Not getting any response from the first rep for a good 5 minutes, I was asked to wait for another rep but of course no rep was available even after at least a ten minute wait . Assuming that they rather not help me I decided to leave and made my purchase elsewhere where I was gladly welcomed and helped.If I need to purchase anything here that requires the aid of a sales rep I won.t be buying it and will go elsewhere.This isn't the first time this happened to me. It is simply not a store that helps their customers.

mikea199
11/30/17

Ordered online on Thanksgiving Apple watch with note on the website that all orders need to be picked up on Friday. After 2.5 (two and a half !!!!) hours in line for order pick up sales person took my order and left for 45 minutes only to come back and say that they are out of stock on my ordered watch. Manager that oversaw the online orders said that i can come back when they get stock and buy at the price of my order. I think this was said just to get rid of me as I visited the store today and talked to the store manager. Manager stated that online orders does not mean you get the item, it is on the first serve basis, they are just to help store to make sale.
I gave one star as there is no negative numbers to give

mikek199
11/28/17

Order didn't ship, no information on why. Sat through a 2 hour customer support phone call.

Ordered a item fresh in stock as it came up, I was told that it was backordered with NO expected delivery date. Shame I had to wait until right next to the expected delivery and sit for 2 hours on the phone to be told that.

What would have happened if I didn't call? Terrible service. Avoid Frys at all costs.

jessec58
11/27/17

11/26/17:
Ordered items on line on early Black Friday 2017. Received an email not to go to the store yet "Please do not go to the store yet! This email is a confirmation that your order has been received. You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 20 minutes* indicating whether or not the item(s) you have requested have been located and set aside for you at the Computer department of the store that you selected."
Waited for the whole day, no email, checked status "In Process"...Saturday no email, checked status "In Process". Checked status on Sunday "Order Expired". How did this happen when I never even received an email to let me know it is ready for pickup? Went to the store (11/26/17 9:00am) and the lady Supervisor said that a lot of people had the same experience and they cannot do something about it bec it was ordered on Black Friday and I could not get the same price anymore and that I should have went there on Friday? The guy in black shirt also said that I should have went there on Friday and I should have used my common sense - WHAT??? I don't know what the Fry's meaning of common sense is. Now I am the one with no common sense - look at the email - it should have said "go to the store if you have not received the email within 20mins? I have been checking the status that is why I already went to the store to check but now they are saying I should have went there on Black Friday - what is the point of going there on Black Friday if you already ordered online? There are no apologies and I felt like it is my fault for ordering Frys OnLine - very, very bad Customer Service and very very rude people. Fry's you ruined my Thanksgiving shopping and this experience is something I will never ever forget during Black Fridays! I think the guy in black shirt was right, I should have used my common sense, I should have not bought anything from Frys at all, I should have known better now its my fault. What a Customer Service. To all who experienced the same, I encourage you to pls write down your bad experiences with this company and I hope FRYs would improve their Customer Service and I hope they educate their personnel to learn how to communicate and humanly treat their customers.

margarets124
11/26/17

Who just doesn't love Fry's electronics?? Great return policy and cheap taiwanese knock offs for almost every electronic item out there makes this the place to shop. Forget overpaying at...

juliaf34
11/26/17

I love their store and their web site. I always seem to find the lowest prices with Frys. I have had a few problems with items and they always give me a credit towards another purchase....

maxk39
11/25/17

horrible online ordering, it hasn't been fixed for a long time. according to news articles from the 90s, company has secret internal policy to make it hard for customers to cancel orders "hoops and hurdles" policy. It's still this way.

182 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I used to shop at Fry's when I was in the United States and I now live in China and have actually visited a factory where some of the Beats products are manufactured. Fry's products are all genuine products. During my 5+ years of shopping at Fry's, they have always given me excellent service and refunded my purchase price if ever I needed to make a return. If want FAKE products then try a famous auction web site, some no-name web sites with lots of bad English grammar and too-good-to-be-true prices shipped from Asia. Alternatively, you could book a flight to Shenzhen, China and I could introduce you to many Beats counterfeits. Fry's is a great place to shop and I highly recommend them for good price and quality products. I hope you enjoy your new Beats headphones when you finally get them.

By Rick L.

Go somewhere else. Ordered a Samsung 65" QLED from Frys, they delivered it and I opened the box and installed it on the stand we have. When I turned it on it has a 3" crack in the screen at the top center. Called them and was told I have to bring it in the store to have it checked. They concluded it was my fault and would not fix or replace it. Terrible customer service. Two other customers were there trying to return items and they would not take them back. Now we're stuck with a TV that's cracked.

By Roy D.

yes, common over bro

By whatafak w.

5 min

By whatafak w.

Questions? Get answers from the Fry's staff and other customers.

Fry's?