Review of Fry's

service@cs.frys.com
2018 Customer choice award

robertw967
6/10/19

I've held back on leaving this review hoping I just caught somebody on a bad day, but never fails everytime I come just horrible service. One person sends you to another department just to find out that person says no no it's back over there. Then they dont want to show you they get upset when you ask you get the run around. I literally just had some tell me well if they sent you over here that means we dont have it. What!!! What does that even mean how is that good service. RadioShack had better service. Yes this place has cool stuff decent prices but the workers lack of intrest for the place and lack of service makes it undesirable to even come here anymore. Please do something to fix this.

mariag390
5/31/19

times are changing and now when i go to frys stores are quite empty, i mean no people, but they are still my favorite toy store, if you are a techie, there is nothing else comparable.

noram57
5/25/19

Very knowledgeable and helpful staff. Went in looking for very specific parts and they helped me find exactly what I needed quickly

joeb683
5/21/19

I ordered an item online and received conformation and tracking information. Two days later I receive a cancellation email with no reason and told to call a number. When I call they have no idea why the order was canceled and I should reorder. After being assured my reorder would not be canceled I reordered. Again I receive a conformation email and a tracking number. I received a call from customer service and was told they have the item and will ship it. About an hour later I receive a cancellation for the reorder. I call them again and this time I was told I canceled the orders. I explained that I received cancellation emails from Frys and I did not cancel any order. Again they told me to reorder. I ask for assurance that they would not cancel my the order a third time and again they claimed that they did not cancel the orders but that I canceled them. They said to go ahead and reorder. At that point I responded that you people are to stupid for me to ever order anything from Frys again and hung up. If they can't get an order right after two attempts their is no reason for me to believe they will get it correct after a third time. There are to many other companies for me to continue to accept Frys incompetence..

charless643
4/24/19

Frys Electronics sent a microwave i had cancelled .I emailed Fry's and the person i talked to said they would send me return postage .When i call about the email saying they would send me return postage .Their customer service workers are Rude .The rep i talked to called me a liar and said you bought yourself a microwave and hung up the phone. After spending more that 1 hour i got hung up on.Plus i had a microwave cooker and 3 pairs of Pliers they said they would not refund that money .After they cheated a 75 year old man i had already bought a Microwave from a local store .The customer service man said now you have a backup .

nicoler217
12/15/18

I specifically ordered a certain type of ink. I remember being extremely careful about the one i chose. When i received it, it turned out to be a different type of ink that they shipped. I tried to retun it and spoke with a manager named Craig, all he said was its been opened so we cant return$70 down the drain and no help from them. Never ordering from here again.

harjinderd1
12/2/18

I bought samsung 65 on black friday,3 days later has some issue,they do't want return,because i contact to samsung.NEVER GO BACK SHOPING TO FRY

leeannq1
11/22/18

Fry's has a wide array of products to choose from with decent prices which is pretty good but the website is very old looking and sometimes that's enough to turn me away from shopping here again.

danielm725
11/19/18

I purchased a X-Box One S Bundle with Battlefied V online. Part of the reason was they offered free same day delivery. I was supposed to receive a confirmation email within 20 minutes, but never did. 6 hours later, I sent an email stating I never received a confirmation email and it was now 6 hours later. 30 minutes later, I get an email that my order had been cancelled.

Contacted the store the next day and was told this was a Black Friday ad that was released early and they wouldn't deliver it, even though it stated right in the ad that there was free delivery. I had to come in the store and pick it up. I told them I still wanted it and asked them if they would hold it for me. Flat out told me no, he couldn't do that. I was flabergasted at the total disregard for what they advertised and that they wouldn't do anything to take care of me. This isn't the first time I have had a terrible experience with these guys and would warn everybody that this company doesn't stick behind there advertising and could care less what we want.

jackk154
10/20/18

I drove there this morning to buy a Samsung UN43NU6900 43" TV. It was in an ad for today only, in store only for $299.99 with code 7152311. They said they had one but "couldn't" find it when they went to look for it. Meanwhile, while waiting, I heard one of the salesmen tell the other he wanted one to take home. I could understand if they only had one left and the salesman wanted to buy it himself, but I don't like being lied to. Asked to se a manager and was told I would have to go up front. There was none in office and I was told I'd have to wait in the return line. I gave up. Very disappointed...

sheryld41
10/11/18

This is a review of Frys delivery service. I am shocked and amazed. I have used this service twice. Today, at 10:00 a.m., I placed an order, online, for 100 blank memorex cd's. It was delivered at 12:30 p.m.!! And the delivery charge was $1.99. I am not kidding. $1.99! Are they out of their mind?!! This is amazing! Best delivery service ever!! BEST DELIVERY SERVICE EVER!!!!!!!

willw54
10/4/18

I bought a GTX 1060 video card from Fry's two days ago, and my computer could not detect it, I've tried on two different computers and still could not fix it. So I went back there to return it. But Fry's refused to return, they said they don't let anyone return any video cards anymore. It is completely not returnable. The cocky manager said to me rudely "We changed our return policy last year to not let any one return a video card because of the mining ppl. You have to contact the manufacture to have a replacement if it's defective." And I said you guys changed the return policy without letting customer knows. And that $#*! said "Oh, it doesn't matter. "This item can not be returned" is printed on the receipt. Now I realized how stupid I am. Why I came to local store for shopping??? I can go buy anything on Amazon with my Prime membership and return it without any hassle, why the $#*! I went to Fry's??

I have to keep this defective card for now and contact manufacture for a replacement which could be done in next two months?? $#*! my holiday season without having a working video card??? Are you $#*!ing kidding me, Fry's???

You all should never buy a thing at Fry's again!!

tonyd181
10/1/18

I ordered a scooter online. Counted on for gift, they called day of delivery saying " do not know whey THEY let you order". "We do not have that scooter. " Then tried to sell me on a far inferior scooter for more money . When I asked if they could at least match the price of the better scooter they refused. They would do nothing to honor my completed order .

richardm740
9/8/18

As a as a public service, I would warn any consumer to stay away from FRYS.
Cannot find help, when you find an employee they are rude and do not know their products.
Do not waste your money with this company, any other electronics store is better.
Buyer be warned!!

paula334
8/27/18

I love Fry's and it is a true rarity in the current retail market. They provide in-depth and knowledgeable service across the board on electronics and other areas. It is really a great place for those wanting to actually solve technical problems or get high quality solutions to electronics needs, instead of someone just yes'ing them or just trying to sell them something. What I especially like is that when talking to sales clerks about products and ideas, they give candid opinions and feedback on questions and issues. They are not afraid to offer their critiques of your proposed solution or approach. A true rarity in retail these days. I highly recommend to buy your electronics here. This place is really awesome and few places left in retail with this kind of in-depth no nonsense approach to technology solutions.

seans179
8/4/18

I bought a Soleus FE2-12BA 12000 BTU A/C . the sign on it said it would work in a room that is 450sf -550st i put it in a room that is 155 sf it doesn't do anything unless you sit right in front on it. It is way to week to cool a even 155sf. I brought it back to the store and they refused to exchange the unit because they could feel cold air blowing out. They said the unit would have to be defective to exchange it. I the unit doesn't preform as advertised wouldn't that be considered defective. The manager Sam Mikeuc said the best he could do is give me 50% off a second unit! This store is a ripoff they don't back the products they sell or honor their own policies the will change it as they see fit! I wouldn't buy anything from these scam artist and their customer service suck too!!!!!

koeo
6/18/18

I bought a piece of software that was supposed to speed up my computer. Instead, it rendered some elements inoperable until I did a system restore. Then it slowed it down until I eventually undid the install. After a web search, I realized this program is KNOWN to have such effects, but Fry's sells it anyway and continues to. They take zero accountability and refuse a refund because it is opened software. Online customer service was non-responsive. The first gentleman on the phone wasn't helpful at all, then the manager was a condescending, um, less-than-helpful person. I'm contesting the charge with Visa and will never shop with Fry's again.

jefferyw20
5/31/18

Online order a TV via Fry's website. Credit card been charged and delivery scheduled been set. However no one delivery; no one contact me for further solutions.

royd70
5/28/18

Bought a 65" QLED Samsung TV from Frys website and had it delivered. Upon turning it on there is a 3" crack in the screen at the top . Called Frys right away and they said i have to bring it back to the store for a manager to look at it. Took it to City of Industry store and the manager said i must have damaged it and nothing he could do about it. Theres no way I damaged it and now Im stuck with a cracked screen. Nect step is small claims court.

harryh43
4/23/18

Sure Frys has all these cheap knockoff items and some of the mainstream brands are fairly competitive, and that's great. But If you buy something thru Frys.com, you can't return it to the store. You can only manage it through Fry's.com and it's a huge pain and inconvenience. Their website has always been real bulky to use because of the layout. Since they're a separate business for all intents and purposes from Frys the physical store, why don't they just call the website something else other than Frys in order to avoid confusion?

terryg78
4/23/18

I purchased Turbo Tax from Frys.com because they offered a great price. However, Turbo Tax did not calculate my taxes correctly. I was told that I needed to purchase a more expensive version of Turbo Tax. But I didn't have the money to do that, so I asked for a refund.
They were happy to take my money, but when the product they sold me did not meet my needs, they refused any kind of refund. This was not my first problem with Fry's, but it definitely will be my last. They have screwed me over for the last time.

jeanr68
4/7/18

I go to this place for fun. At first I thought to be a great deal of a place, but then I realized that things would be re-stocked in the shelves after being returned on a "not-working" condition. You take the thing home, as expected it does not work. They increase their cash flow for a second and then you back back returning it for an exchange or money back. Because you are there you may get tempted with something else, and here we go again.

It is a strange concept, but online retailing is defeating this kind of places.

Last purchases have been okay, but stopped working soon. So that's why, coming back to this place is for fun.

scotth192
4/7/18

I purchased a coax stripper and RG5 "F" compression CATV connectors at the Renton, WA Fry's Electronics store. I tried to return both items in unopened packages to the store and provided the original receipt. I was told by the clerk that I could not return these items because more than 30 days had elapsed. The 30 day return policy was not shown on the receipt nor is the policy posted in a readily visible location in the store. Furthermore, neither item is subject to obsolescence since both are still available in the store. I have purchased other items from Fry's electronics in other states and have not had a similar experience. Fry's electronics is clearly not interested in me as a customer so I will not waste my time in Fry's Electronics stores again.

sagarp7
1/16/18

We ordered a Raspberry Pi 3 B on December 29, for my son's birthday, and it was supposed to arrive on January 4th. It's January 16th the day I am posting this, and it is still not there yet. Both me and my son are VERY disappointed. We emailed them TWICE and still no response. TERRIBLE SERVICE AND YOU WON'T GET ANYTHING ON TIME!!!

toniaw3
12/27/17

Order wireless headphone as a gift. They would never even charge much less turn on. Was on hold with customer service for almost an hour just for them to tell me there is nothing they can do if I don't have the original box even though I have the receipt. Seems to me that they look for any and every reason to get and keep your money. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!

182 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I used to shop at Fry's when I was in the United States and I now live in China and have actually visited a factory where some of the Beats products are manufactured. Fry's products are all genuine products. During my 5+ years of shopping at Fry's, they have always given me excellent service and refunded my purchase price if ever I needed to make a return. If want FAKE products then try a famous auction web site, some no-name web sites with lots of bad English grammar and too-good-to-be-true prices shipped from Asia. Alternatively, you could book a flight to Shenzhen, China and I could introduce you to many Beats counterfeits. Fry's is a great place to shop and I highly recommend them for good price and quality products. I hope you enjoy your new Beats headphones when you finally get them.

By Rick L.

Go somewhere else. Ordered a Samsung 65" QLED from Frys, they delivered it and I opened the box and installed it on the stand we have. When I turned it on it has a 3" crack in the screen at the top center. Called them and was told I have to bring it in the store to have it checked. They concluded it was my fault and would not fix or replace it. Terrible customer service. Two other customers were there trying to return items and they would not take them back. Now we're stuck with a TV that's cracked.

By Roy D.

yes, common over bro

By whatafak w.

5 min

By whatafak w.

Questions? Get answers from the Fry's staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Fry's