Review of Fry's

service@cs.frys.com
2017 Customer choice award

koeo
6/18/18

I bought a piece of software that was supposed to speed up my computer. Instead, it rendered some elements inoperable until I did a system restore. Then it slowed it down until I eventually undid the install. After a web search, I realized this program is KNOWN to have such effects, but Fry's sells it anyway and continues to. They take zero accountability and refuse a refund because it is opened software. Online customer service was non-responsive. The first gentleman on the phone wasn't helpful at all, then the manager was a condescending, um, less-than-helpful person. I'm contesting the charge with Visa and will never shop with Fry's again.

jefferyw20
5/31/18

Online order a TV via Fry's website. Credit card been charged and delivery scheduled been set. However no one delivery; no one contact me for further solutions.

royd70
5/28/18

Bought a 65" QLED Samsung TV from Frys website and had it delivered. Upon turning it on there is a 3" crack in the screen at the top . Called Frys right away and they said i have to bring it back to the store for a manager to look at it. Took it to City of Industry store and the manager said i must have damaged it and nothing he could do about it. Theres no way I damaged it and now Im stuck with a cracked screen. Nect step is small claims court.

harryh43
4/23/18

Sure Frys has all these cheap knockoff items and some of the mainstream brands are fairly competitive, and that's great. But If you buy something thru Frys.com, you can't return it to the store. You can only manage it through Fry's.com and it's a huge pain and inconvenience. Their website has always been real bulky to use because of the layout. Since they're a separate business for all intents and purposes from Frys the physical store, why don't they just call the website something else other than Frys in order to avoid confusion?

terryg78
4/23/18

I purchased Turbo Tax from Frys.com because they offered a great price. However, Turbo Tax did not calculate my taxes correctly. I was told that I needed to purchase a more expensive version of Turbo Tax. But I didn't have the money to do that, so I asked for a refund.
They were happy to take my money, but when the product they sold me did not meet my needs, they refused any kind of refund. This was not my first problem with Fry's, but it definitely will be my last. They have screwed me over for the last time.

jeanr68
4/7/18

I go to this place for fun. At first I thought to be a great deal of a place, but then I realized that things would be re-stocked in the shelves after being returned on a "not-working" condition. You take the thing home, as expected it does not work. They increase their cash flow for a second and then you back back returning it for an exchange or money back. Because you are there you may get tempted with something else, and here we go again.

It is a strange concept, but online retailing is defeating this kind of places.

Last purchases have been okay, but stopped working soon. So that's why, coming back to this place is for fun.

scotth192
4/7/18

I purchased a coax stripper and RG5 "F" compression CATV connectors at the Renton, WA Fry's Electronics store. I tried to return both items in unopened packages to the store and provided the original receipt. I was told by the clerk that I could not return these items because more than 30 days had elapsed. The 30 day return policy was not shown on the receipt nor is the policy posted in a readily visible location in the store. Furthermore, neither item is subject to obsolescence since both are still available in the store. I have purchased other items from Fry's electronics in other states and have not had a similar experience. Fry's electronics is clearly not interested in me as a customer so I will not waste my time in Fry's Electronics stores again.

sagarp7
1/16/18

We ordered a Raspberry Pi 3 B on December 29, for my son's birthday, and it was supposed to arrive on January 4th. It's January 16th the day I am posting this, and it is still not there yet. Both me and my son are VERY disappointed. We emailed them TWICE and still no response. TERRIBLE SERVICE AND YOU WON'T GET ANYTHING ON TIME!!!

toniaw3
12/27/17

Order wireless headphone as a gift. They would never even charge much less turn on. Was on hold with customer service for almost an hour just for them to tell me there is nothing they can do if I don't have the original box even though I have the receipt. Seems to me that they look for any and every reason to get and keep your money. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!

jeremyo10
12/22/17

Ordered two items, early black friday while the item said it was in stock. Waited and waited for them to ship it, then about 2 weeks later it updated on their website saying it backordered. It's been over a month, and I get an email saying they don't know when the product is going to be in stock again and if I don't contact them they are going to cancel my order in 30 days.
Absolute nightmare, so much for getting these items in before Xmas.. Why in the WORLD would you have a Black Friday sale you can't back up? Absolute horrible experience, waste of time, money, could of ordered the same item on Amazon for a little more and got it in 2 days. Go Elsewhere!

nareshs4
12/19/17

I placed an order for an Apple Watch on Dec 12, taking advantage of an email promo code. The site said it was in stock and allowed the order to go through. After checking back a week later, the watch showed up as back ordered. Fry's does not send out notifications about problems with your order until it is far too late. Their site still shows it as in stock. I'm going to have to spend significantly more now for the same item to get it in time for Xmas. This is patently deceptive. They oversell all the time and don't have the inventory to back up their orders. Don't bother calling customer support - You'll have a 1 hour minimum hold time, even if they say the wait time is only 5 minutes. They hung up on me when I asked to speak to a supervisor! After I sent them an email, they just cancelled it with no explanation. Avoid, avoid, avoid, especially if you want anything in time for the holidays.

cindyf28
12/5/17

I love Fry's and I buy more then computer parts there. Shampooers, microwaves, vacuums, music/videos and as seen on TV. However if you need help you will have difficulty finding a sales rep to help you, Last night I went in to buy a mini fridge for my father. Since they had no boxes you could throw in your cart I had an unpleasant time trying to get the sales rep to help me. Not getting any response from the first rep for a good 5 minutes, I was asked to wait for another rep but of course no rep was available even after at least a ten minute wait . Assuming that they rather not help me I decided to leave and made my purchase elsewhere where I was gladly welcomed and helped.If I need to purchase anything here that requires the aid of a sales rep I won.t be buying it and will go elsewhere.This isn't the first time this happened to me. It is simply not a store that helps their customers.

mikea199
11/30/17

Ordered online on Thanksgiving Apple watch with note on the website that all orders need to be picked up on Friday. After 2.5 (two and a half !!!!) hours in line for order pick up sales person took my order and left for 45 minutes only to come back and say that they are out of stock on my ordered watch. Manager that oversaw the online orders said that i can come back when they get stock and buy at the price of my order. I think this was said just to get rid of me as I visited the store today and talked to the store manager. Manager stated that online orders does not mean you get the item, it is on the first serve basis, they are just to help store to make sale.
I gave one star as there is no negative numbers to give

mikek199
11/28/17

Order didn't ship, no information on why. Sat through a 2 hour customer support phone call.

Ordered a item fresh in stock as it came up, I was told that it was backordered with NO expected delivery date. Shame I had to wait until right next to the expected delivery and sit for 2 hours on the phone to be told that.

What would have happened if I didn't call? Terrible service. Avoid Frys at all costs.

jessec58
11/27/17

11/26/17:
Ordered items on line on early Black Friday 2017. Received an email not to go to the store yet "Please do not go to the store yet! This email is a confirmation that your order has been received. You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 20 minutes* indicating whether or not the item(s) you have requested have been located and set aside for you at the Computer department of the store that you selected."
Waited for the whole day, no email, checked status "In Process"...Saturday no email, checked status "In Process". Checked status on Sunday "Order Expired". How did this happen when I never even received an email to let me know it is ready for pickup? Went to the store (11/26/17 9:00am) and the lady Supervisor said that a lot of people had the same experience and they cannot do something about it bec it was ordered on Black Friday and I could not get the same price anymore and that I should have went there on Friday? The guy in black shirt also said that I should have went there on Friday and I should have used my common sense - WHAT??? I don't know what the Fry's meaning of common sense is. Now I am the one with no common sense - look at the email - it should have said "go to the store if you have not received the email within 20mins? I have been checking the status that is why I already went to the store to check but now they are saying I should have went there on Black Friday - what is the point of going there on Black Friday if you already ordered online? There are no apologies and I felt like it is my fault for ordering Frys OnLine - very, very bad Customer Service and very very rude people. Fry's you ruined my Thanksgiving shopping and this experience is something I will never ever forget during Black Fridays! I think the guy in black shirt was right, I should have used my common sense, I should have not bought anything from Frys at all, I should have known better now its my fault. What a Customer Service. To all who experienced the same, I encourage you to pls write down your bad experiences with this company and I hope FRYs would improve their Customer Service and I hope they educate their personnel to learn how to communicate and humanly treat their customers.

margarets124
11/26/17

Who just doesn't love Fry's electronics?? Great return policy and cheap taiwanese knock offs for almost every electronic item out there makes this the place to shop. Forget overpaying at...

juliaf34
11/26/17

I love their store and their web site. I always seem to find the lowest prices with Frys. I have had a few problems with items and they always give me a credit towards another purchase....

maxk39
11/25/17

horrible online ordering, it hasn't been fixed for a long time. according to news articles from the 90s, company has secret internal policy to make it hard for customers to cancel orders "hoops and hurdles" policy. It's still this way.

denm4
11/25/17

Ordered online for pickup and found I must pick up on black friday. Get to the dtore and find I must get in line with the store shoppers. A 4 hour line according to people near the front AND I heard a pickup conversation....after 3 hours in line the order hadn't been picked and wSn't going to be complete!!!!

joeb367
11/13/17

I purchased a computer case on sale with a promo code for $19.99. When I tried to pay for it, I didn't see a place to enter the promo code. I kept thinking that it would come up on the next screen. It never did. So as soon as I realized that I wasn't going the get the sale price, I tried to cancel the order. The site wouldn't let me - said it was already being shipped (for $60). That was 30 seconds after the order was placed. When I called in today to complain, I was told that I should have called them when I didn't see a place to enter the promo code. I will NEVER purchase anything online again with a promo code. Frys, you should be ashamed of yourself.

rodneya28
10/17/17

Won;t refund malfunctioning Xbox One after 15 days of use. Hardware freezes playing offline solo games like Just Cause 3. Won;t refund but will exchange, except there is no date for a new shipment of consoles that they unloaded and do not plan to restock. GARBAGE customer service and GARBAGE 30 day return policy,

Tip for consumers: BUY FROM AMAZON PRIME AND ASSURE YOUR PURCHASES. THEY GOT ME THIS TIME.

conniek46
9/10/17

they are refusing to give us a full refund of an item chased on line that we never received as they sent it to the wrong address, the item cost over $100.00 it was due to the very poor web site that they have. will not due business with them again.

manhn1
9/6/17

purchased a laptop on frys.com used a gift card to pay for it and a credit card. order went through. we got confirmation on the website, so I let the kid play with the gift card.

long story short, the laptop was never shipped, trying to call frys customer service you will have to wait 10-20 minutes average. (first time i called the guy acted like he couldn't hear me and hung up).

they try to call the store to see why it's not shipped and the store customer service won't answer. they will ask for a number to call you back when someone is available (they won't). trying to call them right now the 5th time.

nicholasm66
8/31/17

I bought a computer from Frys. I asked for help picking out the perfect one. The guy directed me to the computer I have now, saying this was the fasted computer, works wonders, and better than XYZ brand. Got home, turned it on and immediately notice it was slow as dog $#*! and froze everytime I wanted to do simple tasks. Months previous, I bought a printer- NEVER WORKED well. Do not trust Fry's. I think they referbish electronics and resell them.

garyr103
8/26/17

I previously ordered an XBox One game through Frys.com (Aug 12, 17). After I placed the order I received a confirmation email. The amount was $19.99 + supposedly free shipping. The next email said the shipping fee was an additional $10.99. I was surprised, but overlooked it. The surprise came when my package contained a "lesser" version of my game. I ordered a Legend Edition (also stated on my invoice) which would of also contained a commemorative blu-ray disk. No blu-ray disk in my order. I returned my item to Wilsonville Fry's. It was far better than I expected. The return salesman realized an error had been made on Frys.com. He was unable to rectify the situation but called a high level manager "Debbie" who was able to convert the total $30.98 of my purchase into gift card(s), and then applied the gift cards as a refund to my Amex card. The manager told me the Fry's Store and Frys.com had separate return policies (and that's going to change in the future). I was very happy for Debbie to acknowledge Frys.com error, and still issue me a full refund locally. Thank you!

182 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I used to shop at Fry's when I was in the United States and I now live in China and have actually visited a factory where some of the Beats products are manufactured. Fry's products are all genuine products. During my 5+ years of shopping at Fry's, they have always given me excellent service and refunded my purchase price if ever I needed to make a return. If want FAKE products then try a famous auction web site, some no-name web sites with lots of bad English grammar and too-good-to-be-true prices shipped from Asia. Alternatively, you could book a flight to Shenzhen, China and I could introduce you to many Beats counterfeits. Fry's is a great place to shop and I highly recommend them for good price and quality products. I hope you enjoy your new Beats headphones when you finally get them.

By Rick L.

Go somewhere else. Ordered a Samsung 65" QLED from Frys, they delivered it and I opened the box and installed it on the stand we have. When I turned it on it has a 3" crack in the screen at the top center. Called them and was told I have to bring it in the store to have it checked. They concluded it was my fault and would not fix or replace it. Terrible customer service. Two other customers were there trying to return items and they would not take them back. Now we're stuck with a TV that's cracked.

By Roy D.

yes, common over bro

By whatafak w.

5 min

By whatafak w.

Questions? Get answers from the Fry's staff and other customers.

Fry's?