Review of Fry's

service@cs.frys.com
2018 Customer choice award

gilliand4
3/24/16

The customer service operators are very rude and have a lot of attitude. They orders are not deliver on time.

stevem243
3/7/16

So I went to the Frys Electronics Store #29 in SW Houston, Texas on March 7, 2016 about 1030am.

I was interested in getting a car stereo installation for my sports car. The OEM head unit was awful.

I spoke to Oscar. The only bright spot in this review. Very well informed. Courteous and very helpful. He was continously interrupted by sales people, managers as he tried to help me find a suitable replacement for my head unit. At least five people called him during our conversation.

Oscar helped me to understand what worked and what didn't. Then he suggested we go back and take a look in the mobile department. We did. I picked out a suitable unit and agreed on an installation time. He printed the invoice and I headed to the front for what I thought would be a five minute checkout.

Wrong.

The young man who checked me out was a little short, possibly described as "rude" as he checked me out. I ignored that.

As I was leaving, the lady at the front door who checks receipts noticed that the receipt was incorrect. So she took it back and said it would just be a minute.

Twenty minutes later the sales floor manager shows up and says that he was sorry but that the invoice had been done incorrectly and the complication was that their computers would show a double charge on my credit card until the hold on the first charge went away.

I said that I felt I should be reasonably compensated for my time and that I was upset that the young man's mistake due to lack of training was costing me time and money. So then he got the assistant store manager.

She came over and didn't apologize for wasting my time. She reiterated the problem. Fully 30 minutes have gone by. I asked here if there was anything that she needed to tell me that I didn't already know.

She responded in the negative.

I told her that I needed a ten percent discount now on the merchandise to compensate me for my wasted time. She told me she was unable to do that. I said "may I speak to the store manager please?" She said "he just left". I said "Please refund my credit card the total amount of the purchase now. You just lost a $400 sale."

Basically the purchase of the product (through Oscar's sales time and work for Fry's) had been completely negated because of the other people in the store who effectively prevented the sale.

Advice: GO TO CRUTCHFIELD OR AMAZON FOR ELECTRONICS PURCHASES. STRONGLY ADVISE TO STAY AWAY FROM FRYS ELECTRONICS FOR PURCHASES.

Moral Of The Story: "Too Many (lost) sales like this and Frys' could be looking at Chapter 11."

geraldt21
2/21/16

Worst place I've ever dealt with! Bought an HP home computer for a Christmas present for my grand daughter, wasn't opened and set up until early February. When we opened the box it said inside, that the unit was reconditioned? What???? OK, lets see if it works... Nope! CD player door won't retract? So what now? We go back to Frys and explain that we feel we were sold a second rate item, and paid new price!! Their reaction was, should've brought it back a month ago!!! Or, send the unit to HP and they'll take care of it??? Now I look around, and there isn't one project in their hugh service department, and the customer service girl is just a talking head!!! They haven't a clue as to what the term, "customer service" really means.... I was so angry I almost couldn't speak! I took the computer home, and replaced the CD deck myself... I've never been treated this bad in any retail store, ever!!! These guys suck! Never buy from them if there is any alternative!

Tip for consumers: Frys is a joke.... Bad stuff, ignorant people! Rotten all the way thru, top to bottom! I hope they tip over soon, at least the parking lot has some value!

turbom
2/14/16

Nice stores, they look good, products look good. The problem is that it seems to me that the products that they sell are of inferior quality, I bought 3 drones, and for 3 days had to take them back. 3 different drones, every time I took one back I upgraded to a better one, until finally I gave up and took the last one back for a refund. Getting a refund was not a problem at all. This was not the first time I had a problem with their products.

as3349
2/10/16

i bought a zmodo from them never hear from them or zmodo now that i know zmodo is has no support but youtube my partner purchased this piece of $#*! now i have to deal with it n let me tell u frys is the worst site to deal with we r talking clueless like the movie deal with with micro-center or tiger thats ur best bet im trashing this system n puchasing another

Tip for consumers: zmodo is a chinese sight once u buy it ur screwed theres no support

caits1
1/26/16

I ordered from Fry's about three years ago now to receive the first laptop I had ever purchased on my own. It has worked perfectly since, and I purchased it for 300 less than Dell advertised it for. It came rather quickly in the mail as well!

kk82
1/18/16

Store are great for electronics, especially if you don't want to order from the online places.
Large selection of electronics ranging from laptops, tablets, PC;s, TV, sound systems, cameras etc.
When buying, mostly helpful sells people (some more knowledgeable than others), and check out fairly smooth.
The biggest draw back in my experience has always been with their customer service, if you have problems with a product and attempt to return it.

If you want interaction with people at a "brick and mortar store" when you buy electronics then not bad, if you know what you want, especially if building your own computer then Tiger Direct or New Egg would be better.

linr4
1/11/16

Bought security cams and paid them to install the cams. Everything was fine until one of the cameras was loose and it slowly pointed down to ground just a couple weeks later. There was no phone number listed for installation/in home service to call so I had to call the main number. No one picked up the phone for over 10 minutes so I made a trip to the store. Talked to one of the service guy who took forever to put in my request for an in home service. Asked him to schedule an appointment for me but he said they will call because installation team and in home service team are separate and in home service team will be the one to call me to schedule an appointment. Almost 2 weeks, no one call so I had to restart with calling the main number again. Finally got a hold of a manager and he set my appointment to be the first one of the day between 8-10a.m. He said that the CS I spoke to in person should have scheduled an appointment for me. Anyway, waited all morning and not one person called to let me know if they're gonna be late or whatever. Had to go thru the main number again and was on hold for more than 10 minutes for customer service. Got the same guy that did my request in person on the phone and he said he will research and call me back. What!? I told him to let me speak to a manager, he went uhm, ah, the manager just stepped out. So I told him to get a hold of their installation people and call me immediately to give me a time frame. He said he will. Thirty minutes gone by, no one called. Finally CS called back and said my appointment was between 10 and 2p.m. Again, bad communications, bad customer service, bad everything. This will be the last time I will ever buy any of their service again.

salimp10
12/31/15

I called the customer service number to get help with an item I could not order, because of their error in their advertisement. The representative was very unprofessional and rude and could not resolve my issue. I don't know why Fry's hires such rude personnel.

Tip for consumers: Be careful about what you order. You may not get any help with the order.

fredl35
12/27/15

The only similar store I have seen that is better is the French chain Fnac. I am 100% satisfied with all my purchases. That is good because their return policy is not very good.
You have to do your research.
I made them a lot of money by correcting a gross dysfunction.
A salesperson told me that at the time of Windows Vista, 60% of customers refused to purchase a computer from them if it ran Vista. The head of the repair dept told me it was no problem to uninstall Vista (or Windows 8) and put in some other system. The sales department did not know this service existed. No more turning away 40% of business.

They have full page ads in all the newspapers all the time, not just during holidays.They do not stock junk .

They are big enough to stock every imaginable gadget you might need.Much greater variety than Best Buy or Costco.

ruslanh
12/15/15

Fry's is all around awful. I went online looking for a good deal on a sound bar for my new 4K TV because the sound wasn't projecting very well from the TV alone. I found one on frys that seemed like it would do the job, it was a NAXA 37" sound bar for $40. I ordered the item and it arrived after about a week, when I opened the box and began to read the manual, I realized that the charging cord for the sound bar was missing, meaning I had no way of powering this item. There is no way that I "misplaced the cord" as multiple frys customer service employees began to tell me, yet they still would not help me and provide me with a new cord. This was false advertisement, the item said that it would come with an AC/DC adapter (the power cord), and that is not what I got. When I called frys customer support, I received TERRIBLE service, they did not care about my issue and assumed I was wrong or lying somehow. They simply redirected me to NAXA customer service, which, might I add, is also ridiculously awful. I have no idea how these companies are still in business. They do not provide the customer with what they are promised, and when you come to them with an issue they shrug it off and tell you to go bother the company which provided the item, not them. Both Naxa and frys are terrible companies and I HIGHLY recommend that you never buy products from either one of these companies. Terrible customer support, no care at all for the individual who buys their product, and no intent or will to actually help the customer with their issues.

fryss
12/10/15

Avoid buying from them at all costs. Once you complete your transaction there is zero ability to gain additional information or modify your order after. My order sat "In Processing" for 3 full business days before being marked Partially Back Ordered. There was only one item in the order and once you clicked on the order it showed that item as cancelled. By itself that wouldn't merit removing 4 stars, maybe just 2. It was the fact that the day before I was blatantly lied to by their customer service department who assured me that item was in stock and would ship that day. Okay okay in the age of $#*!ty employers who don't pay a living wage I'll only delete one star for that maneuver. To remedy all of this I wanted to get it verified that any pending charges would be removed from my card I called again and talked to another customer service rep who assured me she would send that in writing. LIES again - sure I got an email but it was a boiler plate email that had no language pertaining to payment. I'll do everything in my power to avoid this company in the future and revel in the slow death they're dying at the hands of modern ecommerce.

mw53
12/7/15

the 4100 Northgate, Sacramento store is a dump. managers have tons of excuses on under stocked shelves and doesn't seem to care if you buy or NOT, super poor service. this is like the 3rd time I have the same issue with this place. Dec 7,2015 I drove 30 minutes to the store trying to pick up 10 100 pack Verbatim DVD-r blanks for $12.99 with dumb code(mental games). after 1 day of advertising they claimed all out of stock and suggested I drive another 30 minutes to another store because they still have 61 100packs. WOW?! that's a bigger store and way more customers and they still have 61 left and this dump have 0? only an idiot would believe that. I've wasted another 1 hour or so waiting for his approval and the manager finally said he will sell me 5 and claimed there's a limit but the ad on their wall posted no such thing and online ad to my E-mail have no such claim. the manager was just being an ...and was ego tripping. These dumb managers seem to doesn't care about making money for the company. assistant manager name( Robert B) and the store manager Arnold J and I even talked to the district manager name Alireza same bogus results, they seem to cover up for each other with work well done just like the SFPD. stay very clear away from this place they usually sells 2nd class refurbished electronics.

brayanl3
11/28/15

To start off the computer department guest service was outstanding I didn't even have to approach the crew memebers they came to me. I woulda never thought buying a brand new computer would be so easy I would like to recommend to people to go check out the Burbank CA Location. It has great guest service and are willing to help you out when ever you need help or have any type of questions.

jodym23
11/17/15

Worst customer service ever. Don't purchase anything from this store (10241 N Fwy Service Rd, Houston, TX 77037) - especially not any service plan or extended warranty. It's not just this store either - my sister has problems with the one on the south side of Houston. My issue - Laptop started having problems; took it to Fry's 9 am Saturday morning. (Where I had purchased the laptop & extended service plan.) James Hammond was the service rep; said it would take about 2 hours to repair & he'd call me. After 1:30 pm, I called for an update - James was at lunch. James finally called back after 4:30 pm. Said laptop had hard drive problem; he spoke to his manager & his manager would replace the hard drive on Sunday; it would definitely be available for me to pick up on Sunday. Sunday at 11:30 am I call & James' manager isn't scheduled to work Sunday (so obviously James didn't speak with him). Monday afternoon James calls and says my laptop is ready to be picked up. Hard drive was replaced but they couldn't get any data off it. I ask if I can have the old (defective) hard drive back, to try to get data off of it. James says he'll ask and will call me back. Tuesday he calls and says they can't let me have the defective drive as they have to send it in. I say that I'm willing to pay for the new drive if they'll let me take the old one, and then by Saturday I'll bring that old one back in so they can send it off, and they just need to give me the refund then. I ask if that will work. James' attitude changes completely and says,"So now you just come along and ask for a refund of the new hard drive and the labor to replace it." He's accusing me of trying to pull a fast one! I'm just trying to guarantee to them that I'll bring the defective drive back by Saturday. I've never had anyone speak to me like that, and will never ever purchase anything there again.

brandonj20
10/30/15

The store itself is pretty cluttered, reminds me of some 90 year old who suddenly remembered the 5,000 sq foot storage container he has been filling for the past few decades and throws price tags up. Well the old guy needs to find better help, because the people who work there now are no help at all. Rude, apathetic, dim-witted, and lazy are very mild terms that do not do justice to the quality of service I find in Fry's.

bobs186
10/20/15

Come-on ads are irritating. Carry lots of good stuff at good prices. Also carry a lot of trash at "good" prices, Warning, never let their service techies touch your computer.

christinac46
10/12/15

Came here for a very simple thing. A replacement memory chip for a digital camera since my old one cracked. First I was looking online and saw one for $10, but said was out of stock to try a store. I have one few miles away so why not? BIG MISTAKE! I go into store and first guy I talk to says they don't sell memory cards anymore....what?? He says cameras nowadays all use cloud storing and I should just buy a new $2,000 camera....I DONT THINK SO! I knew he was full of crap so I went to find someone else, second guy said yeah they still make the cards, but since my camera is about 6 years old they may or may not make the specific one to fit mine, so he pointed me to the department who knew more and could help me. I like the 2nd guy, he did his job like a competent person. third guy more or less tried what the 1st guy did, tried to send me off with about $800 in converters and replacement chips, a new phone with camera, etc. At this point I was getting annoyed, and decided to leave completely. However I saw the 2nd guy again and said I didn't have any luck and asked if he knew anything about just anything to help. He took pity on me and looked online for a common SD card that would fit my camera. Turns out the exact one I came for was sitting in the phone section for $15.99! Took that in a heartbeat, and will NEVER EVER EVER return~

mm151
9/21/15

They have a lot of low price products and it would be great if something worked after I buy it. If I buy 5 things from them more than likely 3 will be returned for failure to work. They do have a good return policy.

rhianaj
8/24/15

Just had the worst customer experience of our lives with cashier, Travis Pham. Walked up to the cashier with a software program and he just glared us. Not stared, glared. We handed him the software and asked to price match it with Amazon. He actually "huffed" at us and stalked away. Five minutes later he came back, didn't say a walked away, did this several more times, never speaking to us. Finally his chin in his hand and started at the computer looking bored, NEVER SPEAKING TO US. We stared at him for a while and then asked if perhaps he was waiting for a manager. He angrily told us Yes, this required a supervisor and he was just a merchandiser. He still never looked at us and didn't speak again. He got up and walked away again and 10 minutes later, when he still hadn't come back, we decided to leave. Clearly, he didn't want to check us out. Will never enter this Fry's again for anything. Headed on over to best buy, had a delightful transaction with a lovely lady that took all of less than 2 minutes, to check us out, smile at us, make some small talk and price match and we were out the door. Stay away from FRYS!

curtism30
8/18/15

Bought a 40 inch RCA TV on 8/4/15. Tried to return same on 8/17/15 due to cracked screen. Store manager would not accept TV because of crack and I did not have original box. I would have accepted an exchange. Went to Best Buy to buy another TV and the sales person suggested that I talk to the general manger at Fry's before buying another TV. I called Fry's and they would not connect me with the general manager, stating that he would not override the floor manager's decision. I'm sorry I didn't save the box for 13 days. This may have saved me $323.67! I'm glad I didn't buy a real good TV (+$2000) and have a problem and be out that much money. I will not be buying from Fry's again.

richards153
8/10/15

I'm an electronics junkie and like browsing new items as well as trying them out. They have good sales people and great bargains.

williamc99
7/27/15

their stores have a wide variety of electronics for anyone from the do it yourself tech that builds their own computer to the i need you to set up my tv for me even kitchen appliances but they lack at costumer service from no one wanting to help me and looking just mad to even be at work to having one of the employees raise their voice in anger cause i was needing extra help at the cash register and said " my costumer shouldn't have to wait for this hurry up " the cashier told me he does that all the time i asked why is he still working here she says "cause he has high sales numbers" yea i told the manager and have not been back just that guy was like that the others just don't seem happy or want to be there that's the only one any where near me and i don't shop at stores that condone such behavior. fyi this is the store address 3065 Webb Rd
Alpharetta, GA 30004

justinf25
6/23/15

as the title says i got some games i wanted and they had them

jamieh50
6/15/15

I love this site. I went to Fry's to buy laptop..had a wonderful experience

182 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I used to shop at Fry's when I was in the United States and I now live in China and have actually visited a factory where some of the Beats products are manufactured. Fry's products are all genuine products. During my 5+ years of shopping at Fry's, they have always given me excellent service and refunded my purchase price if ever I needed to make a return. If want FAKE products then try a famous auction web site, some no-name web sites with lots of bad English grammar and too-good-to-be-true prices shipped from Asia. Alternatively, you could book a flight to Shenzhen, China and I could introduce you to many Beats counterfeits. Fry's is a great place to shop and I highly recommend them for good price and quality products. I hope you enjoy your new Beats headphones when you finally get them.

By Rick L.

Go somewhere else. Ordered a Samsung 65" QLED from Frys, they delivered it and I opened the box and installed it on the stand we have. When I turned it on it has a 3" crack in the screen at the top center. Called them and was told I have to bring it in the store to have it checked. They concluded it was my fault and would not fix or replace it. Terrible customer service. Two other customers were there trying to return items and they would not take them back. Now we're stuck with a TV that's cracked.

By Roy D.

yes, common over bro

By whatafak w.

5 min

By whatafak w.

Questions? Get answers from the Fry's staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Fry's