Review of Fry's

service@cs.frys.com
2018 Customer choice award

laurenh62
12/22/16

Went to buy a TV, had to interrupt the clerks who were talking among themselves about their personal problems to get waited on. Of course the set I went in for "the last one was just bought by an online customer 5 minutes ago". Best they could do was point to an area of the store for me to look for another. Lousy customer service!
Note to Fry's: make your customer glad they came to spend money with you or they won't be back. I know I won't be. The three clerks standing around could not have cared less whether I bought something or not. I'll go where my money is appreciated.

maryl291
12/8/16

I buy online using their promo codes and have had a lot of items that are back ordered with no aprox. delivery date even though they're being advertised. Recently I placed an order for an item that frys was accepting back orders on and had to call c/s to place it. I wasn't given an order # or date it would be available and told it would expire in 30 days. Two weeks later the same item was on ad again. I phoned cs and was told there there was no record of the order so I bought from the store. Then much later received the online item with no notice and still no record of an order being placed. I've contacted cs and they said they'd make an exception to their return policy and send me a return label, I'm still waiting and will have to contact cs again.
The stores have lots of goodies but you have to know what you want want where it's located and how it works. If your female the most you can usually expect in cs is a wave towards what your looking for after wondering the store.
Online sucks, no reviews of items, limited descriptions,, if there's a problem with an item you pay postage or have to go the manufactures warranty.
Ads are totally misleading with items not available.

kinh1
12/7/16

There is option on the phone customer support. But when you call you will hold for hours to be connected with a live support.

jeffk88
11/13/16

So I went to the Fry's in Downers Grove IL to buy a Samsung Galaxy note 4 that their website said that they had on sale for 350 dollars. When I arrived at the store I was told that the last unit was sold hours before. Even though the website said that they had multiple units in stock at that specific store. I was told that the website would be corrected that night. So I started looking at the galaxy s5 for $259. I found the item at sears for $186 dollars significantly cheaper. It was the exact same unit but freedom pop was the carrier. It was an unlocked GSM cellphone. They told me that they would not price match because even though sears was a recognized retailer freedom pop was not. Freedom pop was not selling the phone sears was. At this point I should have left the store but Downers Grove is an hour from Chicago and I needed a phone. So I began to look at the moto x a Motorola phone. It was $299. Again I Find it for less this time at best buy for $279. Same story the guy says that it is a different unit. So I double and triple checked it was the same unit, but I assumed that these guys knew what they were talking about, they work in the cell phone department at an electronics store so I bought the unit. I immediately went to best buy to compare products. It was the same exact phone. I figured I would let cooler heads prevail and wait till morning to go back. So first thing the next morning I check the website to see if they changed the website to reflect their inventory. The website said that had at least one white and one black unit available. I get to the store and go straight to the customer services department, but this time I'm ready. I show them a photo taken with the moto x that they had sold me of a best buy employee smiling and holding the moto x box that best buy was selling pointing to the PRICE AND MODEL NUMBER proving that they were selling it for twenty dollars less. They still checked and rechecked but in the end refunded my twenty dollars, but not the gas money it took me to drive back and forth twice. What did I learn from this? Never trust the website they want you to see that price and run to the store. Call first and check!! And if you want that price matched be ready for a fight!!

griseldas
11/9/16

Went to buy an ipod for my daughter and I was told it was refurbised which is fine. And I asked if everything was deleted and ready to go and was answered YES!! Well needless to say spent the whole day trying to unlock the thing. Went back to Frys where I bought it and was greeted by a rude lady at the front. Then waited for 10 min till someone even came over to see what I needed. Even after all that another RUDE lady "helped" me and was giving me actitude as I was telling her aboit the issue All I wanted was for the thing to be unlocked or fixed!! Well I got my money back. My mother was looking for a lighted mirror and was sent all around the store from one end to the other because none of the employees knew where it was! Smh!

edc45
10/30/16

The sell associate doesn't have customer relation. She made a mistake but did not say sorry. As if it's my fault.

slavap
9/26/16

I bought a router on their website with 2 day delivery. 48 hours later I called them because my did was listed as pending. I was told by a customer service rep., Russell, after he verified all of my info. again the order would ship that day. 10 minutes later I received a telephone call from a supervisor, Bassard, re-verifying my person info again. My billing and shipping addresses are the same. The supervisor also promised the order would be sent out the same day!! Another 5 minutes later I received an e-mail my order was cancelled and I should replace it. I called back, spoke to Bassard again and he stated another department cancelled the order after he approved it, because my address in their system came up with a different name. STAY AWAY!!!! HOW do these people stay in business!!???? OMG!!!

matthewb99
9/3/16

They had a sign posted for a new 2TB HGST Internal Hard Drive but the product was actually being sold is a refurbished hard drive. The managers were rude and obnoxious when it was brought to their attention about providing a new drive as stated. Customers are not their highest priority.

davidc403
8/9/16

After telling a sales person what I needed a new computer for the sales tech recommended a HP computer and microsoft up grade to the operating program. After spending 21/2 hours with a microsoft tech the program couldn't be loaded onto the computer according to the microsoft tech. When I took it back to FRY'S ELECTRONICS on I-45 in Houston where I was told to buy it, one of the manager told me all I needed to do is buy a external dvd unit to down load the program. The manager also told me no refunds on opened programs even though Fry's personel told me I could use the codes to down load on line. It cost me $135 but Fry's will lose a lot more than that in potential profit. I'll not only bad mouth FRY'S every chance I get, I'll never darken the doors of FRY'S ELECTRONICS again.

adelitav
8/7/16

I can pretty much find what ever in looking for and coffee too.

rafaelk24
8/6/16

It's a good store but for on-line shopping the website need to be redesigned.

mikeg199
7/30/16

Samsung was offering a great deal on a nice TV ($10k !). Couldn't pick up in store anywhere though. I reviewed all kinds of sites, like Best Buy and even Samsung direct. I purchased through Frye's because their website said the TV would ship "next business day." I ordered June 24 and got the confirmation email on June 24. It is July 30, and still no TV. I was ok with a couple weeks, no big deal though. I called and they gave me the proverbial run around. Said it would go out the next Monday (July 11). Guess not. They said they would credit me $100; they did not do that either. My issue is the misleading and false advertising about shipping "next business day." They get consumers to buy through them on the false belief Frye's will ship faster and the consumer (like me) will get their product quicker by using Fryes over other retailers.

giuliom2
7/24/16

What more can I say? They have so many products on sale all the time its hard not to buy something at times when visiting their website or their stores. And if you're tired and hungry you can visit their restaurant, eat, and rest before continuing your shopping spree! Nice!

bubbsp1
7/1/16

Its my goto place for emergency electronics. Never been disappointed. If I am I just return it, the people are very nice.

garrenc
6/16/16

I love Frys ... but their website seems like it was designed by drunk monkeys. The design is archaic, the search function never seems to quite work right and the whole experience is unpleasant at best.

tylerf15
6/15/16

At first I odered because it had 4.5 star reviews. I'm now 5 days in and regretting that. I ordered an item on Friday with 2 day shipping. I get a call on Tuesday (the day it should arrive) saying I need to verify it. So it gets verified and I'm told by the customer service at the time that it will arrive Wednesday in the PM. I ask her again to confirm and again I'm told Wednesday in the PM. Now here it is Wednesday and my tracking is telling me it will arrive Thursday between 7 and 9pm. So I've been postponed, lied to, postponed again, and all this before I even get to see whether these $#*!ing idiots broke my package or not. I'm only giving 1 star because I can't give less than that.

mohammeda102
6/8/16

Simply put, I just love everything about them

timothyc53
6/8/16

I placed an order with Frys.com and after not receiving confirmation of shipping I forgot about it. This morning I received an email informing it shipped (1 of 4 items) and called to see what the current expected delivery date will be. I talked with a RUDE cs rep who got irritated by me asking a few questions. Some items have rebates and those need to be mailed soon. And as I was asking about the delivery date I was told they are currently collecting the items to ship ... but I cannot cancel order at this time. BUT THEY HAVEN"T SHIPPED YET!!! So it looks like I will receive the items in ~5-10 business days to then request a return ... for items that have NOT SHIPPED yet but cannot be cancelled!

wendyj26
5/22/16

Good variety of hard to find electronic accessories and computer parts. One stop shopping for all types of electronics for a reasonable price.

malenad
5/5/16

I ordered an item online and had to wait 6 weeks for the item to finally ship. Then I noticed that Fry's accidentally charged the item to my company credit card instead of my personal card. I called CS and asked to refund the initial charge and charge my personal card instead. I was advised that they cannot do that. I will have to return the time and then order it again. What a bunch of bologna! I work in finance, and I know how easy it is to refund a charge and initiate a new sale. So I was hoping to just go to the store and return the item there and be done with it, but noooo. Apparently the store doesn't know what online sales are and cannot accept returns from web orders. I have to actually ship the $19.99 item back at my personal cost and then order it again and have it charged to the correct card. Why making it so complicated? Every other store works in-sync with their online division. Not Fry's. Better purchase at Best Buy, Costco or Target, even at Walmart next time. Fry's is behind the moon with their policies and procedures. Never again!

frankr70
5/1/16

First bad customer service problem. Went in to by a phone with promo code. Salesmen sells me a slightly cheaper 8 gig version vs 16 gig version claiming it was the "same phone" in all other respects. Turns out the 16 gig had double the Ram. Went back first thing today and explained the situation, requesting the 16 gig phone at the promo code price, since salesman misled me. Manager would not do it. I know mangers have the power to revise pricing. I took the phone back for refund and they lost any sale. Very disappointed.

bradb56
4/28/16

Never shopped here... cuz they never given me a reason to do so!

thomasm164
4/14/16

Twice in the past month I purchased items online for pickup at the Indianapolis store. Both times I received the confirmation email that the item was ready for pickup. I drove 50+ miles to the store only to be told that the items were not available. The second time I asked to talk to the manager. He took my info, said he would investigate, and get back to me... I never heard back. The place is a toilet, with lousy customer service. They also peddle a lot of junk... beware!

gilliand4
3/24/16

The customer service operators are very rude and have a lot of attitude. They orders are not deliver on time.

stevem243
3/7/16

So I went to the Frys Electronics Store #29 in SW Houston, Texas on March 7, 2016 about 1030am.

I was interested in getting a car stereo installation for my sports car. The OEM head unit was awful.

I spoke to Oscar. The only bright spot in this review. Very well informed. Courteous and very helpful. He was continously interrupted by sales people, managers as he tried to help me find a suitable replacement for my head unit. At least five people called him during our conversation.

Oscar helped me to understand what worked and what didn't. Then he suggested we go back and take a look in the mobile department. We did. I picked out a suitable unit and agreed on an installation time. He printed the invoice and I headed to the front for what I thought would be a five minute checkout.

Wrong.

The young man who checked me out was a little short, possibly described as "rude" as he checked me out. I ignored that.

As I was leaving, the lady at the front door who checks receipts noticed that the receipt was incorrect. So she took it back and said it would just be a minute.

Twenty minutes later the sales floor manager shows up and says that he was sorry but that the invoice had been done incorrectly and the complication was that their computers would show a double charge on my credit card until the hold on the first charge went away.

I said that I felt I should be reasonably compensated for my time and that I was upset that the young man's mistake due to lack of training was costing me time and money. So then he got the assistant store manager.

She came over and didn't apologize for wasting my time. She reiterated the problem. Fully 30 minutes have gone by. I asked here if there was anything that she needed to tell me that I didn't already know.

She responded in the negative.

I told her that I needed a ten percent discount now on the merchandise to compensate me for my wasted time. She told me she was unable to do that. I said "may I speak to the store manager please?" She said "he just left". I said "Please refund my credit card the total amount of the purchase now. You just lost a $400 sale."

Basically the purchase of the product (through Oscar's sales time and work for Fry's) had been completely negated because of the other people in the store who effectively prevented the sale.

Advice: GO TO CRUTCHFIELD OR AMAZON FOR ELECTRONICS PURCHASES. STRONGLY ADVISE TO STAY AWAY FROM FRYS ELECTRONICS FOR PURCHASES.

Moral Of The Story: "Too Many (lost) sales like this and Frys' could be looking at Chapter 11."

182 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I used to shop at Fry's when I was in the United States and I now live in China and have actually visited a factory where some of the Beats products are manufactured. Fry's products are all genuine products. During my 5+ years of shopping at Fry's, they have always given me excellent service and refunded my purchase price if ever I needed to make a return. If want FAKE products then try a famous auction web site, some no-name web sites with lots of bad English grammar and too-good-to-be-true prices shipped from Asia. Alternatively, you could book a flight to Shenzhen, China and I could introduce you to many Beats counterfeits. Fry's is a great place to shop and I highly recommend them for good price and quality products. I hope you enjoy your new Beats headphones when you finally get them.

By Rick L.

Go somewhere else. Ordered a Samsung 65" QLED from Frys, they delivered it and I opened the box and installed it on the stand we have. When I turned it on it has a 3" crack in the screen at the top center. Called them and was told I have to bring it in the store to have it checked. They concluded it was my fault and would not fix or replace it. Terrible customer service. Two other customers were there trying to return items and they would not take them back. Now we're stuck with a TV that's cracked.

By Roy D.

yes, common over bro

By whatafak w.

5 min

By whatafak w.

Questions? Get answers from the Fry's staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Fry's