Review of Fry's

2018 Customer choice award

jessec58
11/27/17

11/26/17:
Ordered items on line on early Black Friday 2017. Received an email not to go to the store yet "Please do not go to the store yet! This email is a confirmation that your order has been received. You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 20 minutes* indicating whether or not the item(s) you have requested have been located and set aside for you at the Computer department of the store that you selected."
Waited for the whole day, no email, checked status "In Process"...Saturday no email, checked status "In Process". Checked status on Sunday "Order Expired". How did this happen when I never even received an email to let me know it is ready for pickup? Went to the store (11/26/17 9:00am) and the lady Supervisor said that a lot of people had the same experience and they cannot do something about it bec it was ordered on Black Friday and I could not get the same price anymore and that I should have went there on Friday? The guy in black shirt also said that I should have went there on Friday and I should have used my common sense - WHAT??? I don't know what the Fry's meaning of common sense is. Now I am the one with no common sense - look at the email - it should have said "go to the store if you have not received the email within 20mins? I have been checking the status that is why I already went to the store to check but now they are saying I should have went there on Black Friday - what is the point of going there on Black Friday if you already ordered online? There are no apologies and I felt like it is my fault for ordering Frys OnLine - very, very bad Customer Service and very very rude people. Fry's you ruined my Thanksgiving shopping and this experience is something I will never ever forget during Black Fridays! I think the guy in black shirt was right, I should have used my common sense, I should have not bought anything from Frys at all, I should have known better now its my fault. What a Customer Service. To all who experienced the same, I encourage you to pls write down your bad experiences with this company and I hope FRYs would improve their Customer Service and I hope they educate their personnel to learn how to communicate and humanly treat their customers.

margarets124
11/26/17

Who just doesn't love Fry's electronics?? Great return policy and cheap taiwanese knock offs for almost every electronic item out there makes this the place to shop. Forget overpaying at...

juliaf34
11/26/17

I love their store and their web site. I always seem to find the lowest prices with Frys. I have had a few problems with items and they always give me a credit towards another purchase....

maxk39
11/25/17

horrible online ordering, it hasn't been fixed for a long time. according to news articles from the 90s, company has secret internal policy to make it hard for customers to cancel orders "hoops and hurdles" policy. It's still this way.

denm4
11/25/17

Ordered online for pickup and found I must pick up on black friday. Get to the dtore and find I must get in line with the store shoppers. A 4 hour line according to people near the front AND I heard a pickup conversation....after 3 hours in line the order hadn't been picked and wSn't going to be complete!!!!

joeb367
11/13/17

I purchased a computer case on sale with a promo code for $19.99. When I tried to pay for it, I didn't see a place to enter the promo code. I kept thinking that it would come up on the next screen. It never did. So as soon as I realized that I wasn't going the get the sale price, I tried to cancel the order. The site wouldn't let me - said it was already being shipped (for $60). That was 30 seconds after the order was placed. When I called in today to complain, I was told that I should have called them when I didn't see a place to enter the promo code. I will NEVER purchase anything online again with a promo code. Frys, you should be ashamed of yourself.

rodneya28
10/17/17

Won;t refund malfunctioning Xbox One after 15 days of use. Hardware freezes playing offline solo games like Just Cause 3. Won;t refund but will exchange, except there is no date for a new shipment of consoles that they unloaded and do not plan to restock. GARBAGE customer service and GARBAGE 30 day return policy,

Tip for consumers: BUY FROM AMAZON PRIME AND ASSURE YOUR PURCHASES. THEY GOT ME THIS TIME.

conniek46
9/10/17

they are refusing to give us a full refund of an item chased on line that we never received as they sent it to the wrong address, the item cost over $100.00 it was due to the very poor web site that they have. will not due business with them again.

manhn1
9/6/17

purchased a laptop on frys.com used a gift card to pay for it and a credit card. order went through. we got confirmation on the website, so I let the kid play with the gift card.

long story short, the laptop was never shipped, trying to call frys customer service you will have to wait 10-20 minutes average. (first time i called the guy acted like he couldn't hear me and hung up).

they try to call the store to see why it's not shipped and the store customer service won't answer. they will ask for a number to call you back when someone is available (they won't). trying to call them right now the 5th time.

nicholasm66
8/31/17

I bought a computer from Frys. I asked for help picking out the perfect one. The guy directed me to the computer I have now, saying this was the fasted computer, works wonders, and better than XYZ brand. Got home, turned it on and immediately notice it was slow as dog $#*! and froze everytime I wanted to do simple tasks. Months previous, I bought a printer- NEVER WORKED well. Do not trust Fry's. I think they referbish electronics and resell them.

garyr103
8/26/17

I previously ordered an XBox One game through Frys.com (Aug 12, 17). After I placed the order I received a confirmation email. The amount was $19.99 + supposedly free shipping. The next email said the shipping fee was an additional $10.99. I was surprised, but overlooked it. The surprise came when my package contained a "lesser" version of my game. I ordered a Legend Edition (also stated on my invoice) which would of also contained a commemorative blu-ray disk. No blu-ray disk in my order. I returned my item to Wilsonville Fry's. It was far better than I expected. The return salesman realized an error had been made on Frys.com. He was unable to rectify the situation but called a high level manager "Debbie" who was able to convert the total $30.98 of my purchase into gift card(s), and then applied the gift cards as a refund to my Amex card. The manager told me the Fry's Store and Frys.com had separate return policies (and that's going to change in the future). I was very happy for Debbie to acknowledge Frys.com error, and still issue me a full refund locally. Thank you!

jonk46
8/13/17

Tried to place an order, they declined both cards I tried to use, so I ordered from another site. They charged my cards anyway and didn't ship me what I ordered. They stole over $2000 from me before I reported them. Hopefully they get the justice they deserve and go to jail where they belong..

alisham26
8/3/17

I placed an order and it took so much time to get to me. I'd rather use other sghopping stores , online than frys. Please improve your services.

johnd828
8/3/17

Place an order 10 days ago, and it is still in process today. This is a dinosaur of online shopping. Go to Amazon!

hanks20
6/21/17

A lot of fun electronic I have found on fry's. I have become addicted to daily check on this website about new stuff :-P

kenb115
3/26/17

I became involved with the promo code system much to my dismay. They were only good for the day they were published and were out of stock when I drove there , 12 miles round trip. Many times I have driven there on sunday ads to finds they were out of stock on that item but had a more expensive item available. I think that is called "Bait and switch" advertising.

kamalv1
3/21/17

I bought a TV $750 ,salesman said you can pay for 24 month with No interest No sells Tax,They charged me extra by Fry's credit card ,I called that company ,they said NO problem , that they will fix it for me,unfortunately not only they did not fix it but also they charged me more for interest and late payment. They do cheating very simple.

kenb114
3/10/17

A lot of times they do a bait and switch on non-avaible items.
They advertise items without stock. Their promo program really sucks. Only good for the day they set it up.

brucea37
2/10/17

wish we had one here in Central Florida. Miss our California and Las Vegas locations something fierce

josev36
1/28/17

I go there here and there it's a fun store to go too and they have everything you need as in electronics and a little of other things

mikev50
1/21/17

I was looking for a TV I found the TV I wanted and starting searching. I am glad I did not buy it here because I saved over $150 on the same tv from Best deal in town , from now on I will only buy TV's from them same TVs at better price www.bestdealaz.com

starr31
1/11/17

I thought I had gotten a really good deal, but shortly found out why.
I had ordered a movie on December 18th, 2016 and it said that it would arrive on January 10th of 2017. I thought that was a long time, but figured I was getting a good price, so It was okay. I waited patiently for January 10th to arrive and did not receive anything. When I checked online to track my order, it said that it had been cancelled. I called and after being on hold for 10 minutes and then again for another 10 minutes, they told me that I would have to reorder for a higher price. It was just very frustrating because I just wanted my movie. I would not recommend this site to anyone.

richardr146
1/4/17

Website is easy to navigate. I live only about a 20 minute drive from one of their stores.

neili1
1/1/17

Fry's website offered a Lenovo laptop at a very low price. The ad said that the offer expired on December 31, 2016. I placed an order on December 31, 2016. They asked for and received my credit card owners name, number, three number code on the back, expiration date, and billing address. They also asked for an email address when I opened a new account in my name, as opposed to my business name since the laptop was not for my business. I received an email on December 31, 2016 stating that my order was being processed for store pickup. The next day, my order was canceled by Fry's because the offer had expired. I called for clarification since my order was made and confirmed by Fry's by email on December 31, 2016. I was told that the order was received after the store had closed and therefore was not made until January 1, 2017. I pointed out that the ad did not say that the order expired when the store closed on December 31, 2016. There was no way that I could know that the store hours (early close on New Years Eve) terminated the offer. I was told to go to the store on Brokaw in San Jose, CA, and that they would resolve the issue. I went to the store and met with the manager of customer care (or something like that). He tried to pass me to the computer manager, but he never appeared as requested by a page. I finally talked to a manager in another department who said that it was common sense that the offer would expire when the store closed because pickup had to be made before the end of December 31, 2016 or the order would expire. I pointed out that store pickup was not required, that I could have ordered free delivery to my home address when I placed the order so his common sense was neither. He had no answer regarding his nonsense, so he offered to sell me the laptop for a $50.00 discount. I pointed out that the sale price was a $150.00 discount and Walmart beat their price at the $50.00 discount. He refused to meet the sale price. That was the end of the conversation. By the way, I have a business and spent about $8,000 - $10,000 at Fry's over the past 20 years or so but I would rather spend more anywhere that return to Fry's and deal with their incompetent staff who know less about computers than I do. I unsubscribed to their lying ads. How's that for common sense?

deeptij1
12/27/16

One of the my friend who stays in CA told me about the horrible customer acre interaction. It is amazed to see that the company spend so much revenue in website promotion but not a penny in hiring an experienced customer service.

182 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I used to shop at Fry's when I was in the United States and I now live in China and have actually visited a factory where some of the Beats products are manufactured. Fry's products are all genuine products. During my 5+ years of shopping at Fry's, they have always given me excellent service and refunded my purchase price if ever I needed to make a return. If want FAKE products then try a famous auction web site, some no-name web sites with lots of bad English grammar and too-good-to-be-true prices shipped from Asia. Alternatively, you could book a flight to Shenzhen, China and I could introduce you to many Beats counterfeits. Fry's is a great place to shop and I highly recommend them for good price and quality products. I hope you enjoy your new Beats headphones when you finally get them.

By Rick L.

Go somewhere else. Ordered a Samsung 65" QLED from Frys, they delivered it and I opened the box and installed it on the stand we have. When I turned it on it has a 3" crack in the screen at the top center. Called them and was told I have to bring it in the store to have it checked. They concluded it was my fault and would not fix or replace it. Terrible customer service. Two other customers were there trying to return items and they would not take them back. Now we're stuck with a TV that's cracked.

By Roy D.

yes, common over bro

By whatafak w.

5 min

By whatafak w.

Questions? Get answers from the Fry's staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Fry's