Review of Fry's

service@cs.frys.com
2018 Customer choice award

robinc27
10/24/14

Boy do I have some news all of you need to pay attention to and it is regarding Fry's Electronics.
Tonight I went in to purchase a laptop, accessories and Office 365 software. I chose the one for 5 pc's since it was only $30 more. At the counter I asked the cashier to double check if the software can be returned if unopened. The reason I told him was I want to try and put a different Office Program and not sure if it was compatible with the new laptop I just purchased. If I could not return if unopened I did not want the software (the cost $99)
Their policy on each side also says it can. He asked another cashier and confirmed it could be returned if unopened. He rang up the total sale. Before signing the receipt I noticed it said I had "unreturnable items" and referenced the software I just asked about.
When he asked again he said it could not be returned. Okay now I am just ticked off. Since I had not signed the receipt I asked him to void the entire transaction and re-ring everything but the software. He said he could not do this as the transaction already went through. But I had not authorized it yet with the signature. He said it didn't matter they don't require a signature.
VERY IMPORTANT THAT LAST SENTENCE AND I WILL AGAIN SAY stores can put transactions through and charge your card without your signature. I told him I wasn't going to sign, nor would I leave the store because this was their mistake.
His supervisor came over, and once again they refused to do anything about it. They said I could call Microsoft and they could refund me the money.
Being stubborn I stood my ground and waited for the Store Manager. Dillon you have no desire to make customers happy, or satisfied. I even made the comment "so you make customers pay for your mistakes!" Mind you the entire time the cashier kept admitting fault in this and they ignored him. Dillon told me the best he could do was keep my name on file as they are working with Microsoft to change this policy. It may take 30, 60, or 90 days to refund me the money.
At this point I turned from him, took my cell phone out of my purse called American Express to file a dispute. Dillon kept trying to talk to me, but it was just white noise.
American Express was APPALLED at the behavior of the store. She had Never heard of a store not taking care of their customer. Especially since I was still at the store, the register that had just rung me up and she could hear the cashier giving me all 4 names of the people involved, and commented this was all being recorded.
She said she would NEVER do business with Fry's and I should NEVER do business with them again. She also said it was very smart of me to use my American Express because of their policy to take care of unauthorized charges.
I then said so basically I can leave the store with all the merchandise and receipt and she confirmed this. No signature still on the receipt, but they will suspend the charges and once investigation is complete the $$ will be credited back on the card.
She was shocked they wouldn't take care of $99 after I just made a little shy of a $700 purchase.
So any of you that use credit cards.... be careful!! and if you go to Fry's KNOW the return policy posted on each side of registers is NOT correct and by the time you see the receipt with the correct return, or unreturned in this case, items it is TOO late! If you aren't using an American Express you basically just got SCREWED by Fry's!!!

thomasb99
10/18/14

Frys.com is the best computer online store sales. I am ordered apple computer from this site. And that computer delivered quickly. Ordering process is very easy for this site. This site provides a complete description for that. They were giving trustful information's for all the products. That was a good experience with this site.

javidj
9/27/14

I ordered an Acer laptop Aspire V3-772G-9646 online, but it was not new. I was able to see some scratches around the USB port (someone already use it before Fry's send it to me) and the letter "O" was defected. just with a small touch you can ooooooooooooooooooooo... I also saw a scratch on the screen and black ink on the hardware label. I called Fry's return department to return it, but they said I have to pay for return out of my pocket.
Very disappointed. Never buy products online from Fry's.

karenh49
9/14/14

Avoid any purchases at Fry's!!!! We purchased a lage screen LG TV on Thursday, we set it up and plugged it in on Sunday and the screen was totally damaged. We immediately took it back and they refused to do anything. No exchange, replacement, no refund, they told us we needed to contact LG for the warranty. When we first bright it in, they said they would replace it no problem, and after waiting about 15 min the customer service person td us they couldn't do amything for us. We then spoke to the manager and she told us the same thing! This was at the San Marcos CA store. I will never do business there again!

davidj100
9/8/14

I would NOT recommend buying anything from Frys store in WEBSTER,Texas. I purchased a 50 inch LG tv a little over a year ago and had an issue with the TV. I also bought the extended warranty with the TV and took it to the store to see if they would fix the TV. After one week I had to call the store to see what the issue was. Come to find out the manager tells me its unrepairable due to moisture damage around to coax port thats not even used. But they would refund me $12.00 for my $599 tv and the $99 dollar warranty I purchase. I would highly recommend purchasing from Best Buy. Their Customer service is very poor and seems like they could careless.

charlotter5
7/10/14

I like Fry's. Every time I wanted something from there, I got. I have no problem with Fry's. I never ordered on line, but I look at their website, call the store for the product, and never have no problem with getting what I want. The product is always in stock.

kevinf25
6/17/14

I ordered a battery for my HP dv-7. It was back-ordered for weeks. When it arrived it wasn't the right battery. I took it back to my local store. DON'T DO THAT! They said I had to return to fry's.com. I was very busy and couldn't get it done before 30 days so I have no option. The battery is in factory packaging but it is worthless to me.

DON'T ORDER COMPUTER PARTS ONLINE FROM FRY'S!!!!!!!!!!

memen
5/13/14

Beware!!! No security. If you are a customer here. Please review your order. 1300 stolen from me disputed through Master Card. Takes 90 days to get it back (if you do get it back....)

rameshp
4/14/14

Avoid Frys.com! This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had. I order battery CR2430 ,they ship CR2032 ,i called customer service manager spend 40 mints on phone and they belive customers mistake.I would advise any body please avoid FRYS.COM if you can

nt22
4/3/14

Purchased a 55" LED TV online and receiving a tracking number there was no place to actually track an order. After waiting 8 days from order dated, called customer service to see if they could help me track this order. Waited on the telephone for over 10 minutes an agent got on the phone and quickly stated her name which I could not understand. I asked for her to repeat her name and she was so abrupt and curt and said "customer service how can I help you". It was like I was troubling her. After all this, they gave me a different web site so I could go and track my order from another company. If they had put this information along with my tracking number, I would have avoided this rude representative. I will never use Frys.com again.

mt35
3/19/14

Avoid Frys.com! This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had. Before I placed my order (Sony VAIO laptop), I called customer service to determine whether they would ship with signature required. I spent 20 minutes on hold for the first call, and then they hung up on me. I spent 6 minutes on hold the second time, and the rep told me that a signature would NOT be required for delivery. This helped me to decide where to have my laptop shipped - my home. Also, he suggested I add "UPS-Leave at front door" to my shipping address, which I did. The laptop arrived right on time-2-day UPS; however, the delivery notice stated that the VENDOR REQURES A SIGNATURE FOR DELIVERY. I called Frys to complain about the misinformation. I made 2 phone calls last night. The first person hung up on me, after I asked to speak to a supervisor when I didn't get anywhere with her. The second time, I went to an operator and asked to speak to a .com customer service supervisor directly. This operator spoke very little English, and transferred me to a STORE IN INDIANA!!! After two conversations with the store (I didn't know up front that I was speaking to store personnel, and got transferred within the store), I got an e-mail address for a CS supervisor. I haven't tried it yet. I called UPS last night to try to change the delivery address, and Frys PROHIBITED THAT.

Today I picked up my laptop from UPS. It contains only 1/2 of the power supply -- not the end that actually plugs in to the electrical outlet. I called Frys again. He told me to call Sony. I told him that Frys should call Sony, as I did not pay Sony for the laptop, I paid Frys. He hunted for my order as if he had never done this before (I told him to try by phone #, since that's how they found me last night) and finally found it. He then was "gathering" other information to "help me" from somewhere with me on the line. I asked him if he needed more information from me and he said no and hung up!!!

These people (except for the store personnel in Fishers, IN) are THE MOST INCOMPETENT customer service personnel I have ever worked with. They sound like they are lying around in their pajamas smoking pot and IF they feel like helping you, they might. This story is not over yet.

I have NEVER written a review on a .com experience, and I have had many. AVOID FRYS.COM.

chancep3
2/16/14

What's on their site is never available in store, even when it says it is and store confirms it. They get you to "buy up" aka something more expensive that you didn't want and that item will rarely work for very long, if it isn't DOA entirely.

Update. Had to deal with them on an attempted warranty the other day on a different product. They put these stickers on their refurb that say "we honor full manufacturer's warranty." Well they don't. That's a laugh and a half. Call center tells you to go into the store where you're at the mercy of the store manager. No way to talk to the store manager on the phone and they don't respond to emails.

So I have a higher-end video card that still has 3 years left on a full warranty that's essentially a paperweight. Manufacture would have covered it if it had been entered into warranty but it never had... so someone took the warranty card... leaves me with this darn card and the bill to boot.

Completely worthless. Buy from anywhere else.

chrisk63
2/14/14

This is the worst online shopping experiance I have ever had. My story starts about 1 month ago. I wanted to order a new computer case and found that the one that suited my needs was only available online, and not available in one of their stores. Having a FRYS gift card from Christmas, I wanted to order it from them to save some money. I added the item to my card, proceeded to check out, and then found out that they can only use one gift card per transaction online. This was quite annoying, but as I am not too far from a frys store, I simply went to the store and combined the gift cards. On return, I went throug hthe online ordering process, put in my gift card and VISA for the remainder of the balance, and ordered my product. 5 days later, after my card was charged and gift card balance removed, they automatically canceled my order because they said that their system can not process 2 forms of payments on backordered items. This was rediculus. I fail to believe that a TECHNILOGY and ELECTRONICS store has a system that archeic. Anyways, after talking with their horrible customer service, they said that I should try and order it again when it is in stock. About 2 days later, the product is in stock again. But wait, I am still waiting for my refund from my previous order. I call them up, and they say it will take 2-5 days. I ask them if they can notify me or check my gift card balance over the phone, and they say the only way to check the gift card balance is in a store at the checkout. Once again, rediculus that I even have to do that. Anyways, I finally get my money back 5 days later, go back on their website, and find out that the product is OUT OF STOCK again. I call their horrible customer service up again and they tell me that they are getting more soon. As I can't do a backorder with 2 payment forms, I have to wait. 3 days later, I finally place my order after it is back in stock. 4 days later, my package arrives. Perfect. Finally I got everything sorted out, right? I open it up, and it's DAMAGED. Now, I place full blame on Fry's for this one, considering they did not make any attempt to protect the box from any sort of shipping handeling that may arise. I call them up to file a return request, and they tell me that I HAVE TO PAY the $40 return shipping. I spoke with their manager sho said they will need to file a UPS gamange claim if I don't want to pay. I said yes. 5 Days later, they pick up my package. 4 days later, FRY's sends me an e-mail saying they have accepted my return, and a refund was processed. Well, its now 10 days after that, no refund, and no money back on my gift card. I called them up yesterday, and they said they would have to submit a ticket to IT for this problem, and it would be another 5 days.

At the time of this review, I still do not have my money. 38 days from my first order.

Avoid these people at all costs. They are HORRIBLE and it's amazing to me that they are still in business.

froggyd
2/10/14

They suck!!!! Very poor customer service. Been on the phone for the whole morning just to get hold of someone. So disappointing. Theres nobody answering the calls!!!!

jenniferc53
1/17/14

I ordered a toy a few weeks before Christmas. The site said it was in stock. A day later I received an email stating that it wasn't in stock anymore. It said nothing about "backfilling." So over a month later I get an email that it shipped! I emailed back stating that I didn't want it but they said too bad I just have to return it. The return instructions instructs to call OR to email for an R/A #. I emailed but no, that's incorrect, you have to call and sit on hold for 30 minutes. I got the R/A # and the snooty guy told me I have to buy my own shipping label to send it back. When they screwed up in the first place? And now I have to waste my time and trek to a shipping store with this huge bulky toy. I have never encountered service like this. Any other website would have either cancelled the shipment or supplied the label. Ridiculous. Shame on them.

alexs102
12/13/13

Stay away! Never buy there! After I placed the order I got an email stating that my stuff out of stock.! and I need to wait 30 days till they full fill it. But the same item was continiously selling at the website no problem! Customer servise doesnt know whats going on, they like from the other planet. So after two weeks of waiting I just cancelled my order. Now I'm worry that somebody will use my credit card as some people say. Terrible!!!

bobl36
12/7/13

It makes no sense that you have to pay for return shipping for a defective item. I will never be doing business there again.

jonathanp23
10/5/13

I drove 1 hour to get to Fry's, I got what I wanted, went to price match 2 items at the sales desk and it took over 30 minutes (there computers are super duper slow - my smart phone was way way faster than there computers). Then when I get up to the front to purchase, I show my resale certificate (that the State of Texas tells you to furnish to suppliers - the same certificate that every other company accepts) and they say they require a different certificate that says on it to display on the business wall. Why would I have that certificate if it is supposed to be on the wall of my business? No where on their website does it state what certificate you need. Hey Randy (CEO) thanks for wasting my time.

fredt13
9/20/13

I bought a motherboard for my new Intel processor, when I took it out of the box it looked used. I still tried to use it as I did not want to return it if it worked
but upon testing i found out that the socket on the board was damaged
when I tried to return it they refused to take it back. I was out 100 bucks
I had to buy a new one and pay extra 100 dollars. This was the worst experiece, I had spent thousands of dollars in that store over the years and I will never go back again.
Their customer service is horrible.

tomf28
9/19/13

I am pre-ordering Xbox One today 9/19. I will try and see how this goes with frys.com What I am expecting by Percentage ranking -
25% - Someone steals my card and uses it. Good thing is I check my balance constantly. And Amex rocks with fraudulent charges.
40% - They don't ship the Xbox on November 22nd like it states.
35% - Everything goes well and I will give them 5 stars.
Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!

valeriej5
7/17/13

I placed an order on Frys.com Friday and today I received a call from my bank alerting me that someone had fraudulently made a purchase using my credit card the same credit card that I used to pay for my order with Frys. In reading the other reviews, there needs to be a class action lawsuit brought against Frys since this seems to be a reoccurring issue and needs to be resolved immediately.

kianat
7/11/13

All i wanted to do was upgrade the iphone 4 i had to the galaxy note 2. I was told "new device new number" in essence what ended up happening was now I am stuck with 2 lines of service on my account. I called Sprint to get this straightened out and they directed me to call back Frys. Its been nothing but a bunch of runaround. I noticed no one seems to fully know policy or there job 100% If I would have known i was going to go through all this unwanted stress I would have just gone prepaid, Also i have talked to upper management who doesnt seem to have a clue. I am now facing an early termination fee of $350 and Frys had the nerve to offer me some " free accessories" really?!?!!
What ever happened to the customer always being right? Its not fair I am being punished due to a mistake Fry's made. This is way too much s*** to to through. If I were you and considering ordering a phone don't mess with Fry's unless you want a migraine.
if you have any major problems here is the corporate phone number 1-8000-444-9543

bent14
7/11/13

Great Website. Poor return system.

You pay for the return shipping yourself (I might get hit withe the restocking to later... we'll have to wait and see) and you cannot utilize returning to a local Frys's store. You pay tax (if there is a local fry's store) + return shipping. Amazon proves time and time again to be the best overall online shopping value and experience.

ansonw11
4/8/13

one of my favorite stores, got everything i need. too bad, they don't have store in many cities.

glennb24
3/23/13

The purchase for a washer and dryer went well; the price was not too bad. Two years later, the purchase is not looking too good. At this point, I may have to go out and buy a cheap dryer for the house because the Frys service department at this point is a "no show". I have a "Frys In-house" ticket number which tells everyone involved that I have warranty service coming, but as previously stated, the Frys service department is a "no-show." This problem is making the Sears purchase that I passed up, look pretty good right now.

182 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I used to shop at Fry's when I was in the United States and I now live in China and have actually visited a factory where some of the Beats products are manufactured. Fry's products are all genuine products. During my 5+ years of shopping at Fry's, they have always given me excellent service and refunded my purchase price if ever I needed to make a return. If want FAKE products then try a famous auction web site, some no-name web sites with lots of bad English grammar and too-good-to-be-true prices shipped from Asia. Alternatively, you could book a flight to Shenzhen, China and I could introduce you to many Beats counterfeits. Fry's is a great place to shop and I highly recommend them for good price and quality products. I hope you enjoy your new Beats headphones when you finally get them.

By Rick L.

Go somewhere else. Ordered a Samsung 65" QLED from Frys, they delivered it and I opened the box and installed it on the stand we have. When I turned it on it has a 3" crack in the screen at the top center. Called them and was told I have to bring it in the store to have it checked. They concluded it was my fault and would not fix or replace it. Terrible customer service. Two other customers were there trying to return items and they would not take them back. Now we're stuck with a TV that's cracked.

By Roy D.

yes, common over bro

By whatafak w.

5 min

By whatafak w.

Questions? Get answers from the Fry's staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Fry's