EverythingButTheHouse reviews

Tel: 1-888-862-8750
mike.reynolds@ebth.com

randalll37
12/13/18

Misleading & Deceptive description. The stone arrived CRACKED! Costumer Service was time consuming and basically useless.

erikaf29
12/12/18

As a Reseller with EBTH I am pleased with auction sales, professional staff,shipping easy process.I highly recommend EBTH/Everything But The House Estate Sales.

jackw229
12/11/18

Wonderful web site and easy to use, especially like the ability to manage my bid and the shipping is excellent

sharons520
12/7/18

I tried this site mulitple times and was always disappointed with what I bid and received. This last item was the absolute worst example: The item was advertised as vintage and clearly it was newly made and cheaply made. I think this is a great site for jewelers trying to unload cheap jewelry at inflated prices and because there is a no return policy ,,,, the consumer is stuck with the product. I am done with this site. I hope others read this review.

gingern8
12/3/18

The morganite ring I bid on and won was even more beautiful than the pictures. The transaction was very smooth and the ring was shipped quickly. This is my second purchase and I am excited about future bidding (and winning!). I really like that they are honest about the items and don't try to embellish things. Great experience!

lisab797
12/2/18

I'm a Realtor and have recommended EBTH to my sellers. They've been very happy with their experience.

markl625
11/30/18

This was my first buying experience and it went flawlessly. The product was exactly as described and all of the transactions went smoothly... flawlessly...

jamesa567
11/29/18

Bought a painting that was received with damage that was not shown on auction photos - it was clear that the painting was damaged during handling as it was well packed and the box was not damaged.

Contacted customer service and they refused to offer any sort of refund claiming that the painting was sold in Fair condition therefore absolving them of any responsibility for the damage they caused during packing it. And it took days to get that response.

Unresponsive, unprofessional.

This company deserves to fail. Do not support it.

Go through your credit card company and get a charge back if they refuse to help.

olgad31
11/28/18

I do a lot of Internet purchases and this is the worst experience I have ever had.After I refused to pay for shipping at an inflated price, my account was blocked. I am very worried about my money. I'm getting ready to go to a lawyer.
Run away from here!

js556
11/22/18

I bought a "vintage antique oil painting" that turned out to be a mechically created oil mix, notnold at all. When I reported it they said they stood behind their description, even though they said it could be considered a mass produced decor piece. I doubt the legitimacy of anything they are selling. Beware.

janr115
11/16/18

Love the variety and fine quality of all the items. Love the nice clean pictures and descriptions. I especially like the beautiful antique and vintage items.

elanaw2
11/15/18

Used to be fun. We used to enjoy going to the Saturday preview, the staff were always so friendly and informative. No preview is advertised anymore and the warehouse is in chaos. On our last pick up we couldn't find help, we walked to the back entrance,(further chaos) where we were yelled at by a scary looking woman because my wife placed her purse on one of the tables while she tied her shoe, we left in shock and never picked up our planter.

Over the years we've spent a small fortune, we always picked up never shipped.The descriptions and photos don't seem as good either, your left doubting the items condition and good luck trying to ask customer service.

We are noticing other auction houses are opening in our area so its not all bad.

maureenm26
11/15/18

Spent many thousands of dollars with them on crystal, rare books, artwork, jewelry....it takes 2 weeks sometimes more to ship; I bought glasses that they did not pack well that broke in shipping because they did not wrap them; they won't refund me because they are filing a claim with UPS, which is BS!!!! They need to wait for that not me! Customer service is polite if you can EVER get anyone to get back to you. I wrote four times about my broken glasses, finally called, did everything they said to file a claim and now can't get anyone to respond to me. There are way too many reputable sites to use, forget these guys!

Tip for consumers: Just don't use them, way too many other sites that will take better care of you WHEN THEY SCREW UP

katrinao13
11/13/18

I purchased several items and their artwork is cheap looking and descriptions are so vague that you cannot complain. And, after purchasing a rug, and spending hundreds of dollars for the shipping cost, and after two weeks, I still haven't rec'd it. And, cancelling the order ensures I lose hundreds of dollars. They accept no responsibility.

alisonh78
11/13/18

I've spent thousands of dollars on jewelry and furniture here but am now DONE. They don't stand behind their items, outright refuse (or make it VERY DIFFICULT) to return a faulty item, and are slow to respond (to the point that you miss out on auctions if you wait for a question to be answered before bidding).

kellyc356
11/11/18

I always find great thing at this site. This time I got a fantastic designer bag at a fantastic price. I've bought dishes, crystal, art, jewelry, and now a purse. Quick delivery and accurate description!

michelley45
11/10/18

As I said before if there is a way to reduce shipping or reward toward next purchase. But overall everything I have gotten has been wonderful. Even when one item came broken from shipping I was fully refunded quickly with my claim.

patriciak234
11/10/18

LOVE the wide variety of things to bid on. I'm obsessed! It's my daily treasure hunt! I have some truely wonderful things. I just wish I could purchase some of the beautiful pieces of furniture that are offered, but shipping is a bit high (understandably). Keep it com'in!

justind148
11/9/18

While their site has the feel of a high end place, descriptions and photos are misleading, shipping costs are severely inflated, and service is horrendous.

I purchased a set of two typewriters with a shipping cost that would have easily paid for putting each in separate, highly padded boxes. They were not shipped for over a month (site says 10 days), and arrived stacked on top of each other in a single cheap box with about 20 cents of brown paper as the only padding, and partially broken as a result.

The customer "service" was non-existent, with only form answers from a snippy and unkind associate, and unwillingness to offer even token apology or restitution for the damage.

In short, buying from them is an overpriced gamble that you will probably lose.

gwenm49
11/8/18

OMG I wish I could warn everybody about the lousy customer service and the low quality products they sell! Two different sales of pearls turned out to be the wrong length - not at all as depicted. In addition, PERRYS gemologist started one set were pearls glued together! The other set was worth four dollars! BEWARE! They do NOT take returns or exchanges and DENY any wrongdoing. Check other website reviews!

elizabeths466
11/4/18

Love everything I have purchased. I'm a designer and recommend ETBH to clients, friends, and relatives. I'm addicted to ETBH.

sandras460
11/3/18

My experiences with auction have been very good. Shipping is high but items are generally well packed and items arrive in timely manner.

stephanieh294
11/3/18

be cautious: my 2nd problem in 6 months. First was a broken item..they finally fessed up and paid..so that was good. But their website leaves a lot of questions with NO answers. When you purchase something check your bid and your information CAREFULLY because at times they must do an autofill..and it is always wrong. Shipping is expensive and so is losing (not quite but still unknown circumstances) an item. Finding a phone number is impossible on their site. JUST NOT USER FRIENDLY

shirleyg91
11/2/18

Have purchased many pieces from EBTH.
Recently won a Frank Lloyd Wright piece for $350.00. Arrived in a cardboard sleeve with no packing material . Needless to say it arrived in 5 pieces. I complied with all requests from claims department. I was assured that it would be taken care of. Nothing! It's been weeks.
Never again. I feel scammed! (and out $350.00)

paulah153
11/2/18

I love EBTH, I have purchased many fine things like , sofas, armoires , tv cabinets, patio sets, diamond ring, cameo ring lots of vintage bee sting crocks! W picked up almost everything,except a few pieces a nice gold jewelry which we received by Fedex I have no complaint about EBTH. I have always remarked how they keep you posted about the items you are bidding on and also about pick up details and shipments!

Thanks,
Paula Hamilton

I am just got through selling items through EBTH, and it has been the worst experience I have ever had. They grouped many expensive items together because they thought it was in the best interest of the company not the seller. I am also currently seeking legal council to potentially file suit against the company for fraudulent business practices. They didn't even give me a copy of their so called "contract", that I had to sign and send in with my items, until there was only 1 hour left in my sale. They left out the most expensive pieces I sent in and didn't sell them at all, didn't find out why until sale was over. As if all this weren't enough, they took real diamonds from the items I sent in to sell and replaced them with "white sapphires". So needless to say, they're probably about to get hit with a heavy lawsuit!!

By Zack J.

I have filed with the BBB and IC3 for internet fraud, and I am writing the Attorney General of Ohio. These guys make the used car salesman of the 60's look like saints. The products are marginal, and the service i mean customer service is non-existent. I also filed a fraud case with my bank, because for 3 week I got the run-around about them shipping the item, I never got it, and they said they couldn't return my money. Not true! In the United States, keeping the money and keeping the merchandise is illegal. Don't let the technology and glam of the website fool you, they are deceptive, dishonest, and you get the 'EVERYTHING BUT WHAT YOU PAID FOR.

By sUSAN w.

Just to let you know ebth customers and consignors are dropping like flies. The arrogant company just terminated nearly 300 employees and closed markets in many states. That means its not growing, its failing.

By Jason J.

I bid on a pair of Swarovski Crystal Penguins. I was unaware that the larger Penguin was supposed to have a "tail" at the back. It's difficult to see with the cutting of the crystal so I only noticed it when I saw another like item and it had the tail. I closely inspected and can see what I thought was a cut in the crystal is really not smooth and is where the tail should be. The item was delivered on May 12. I put in a claim on July 2 and the company is standing on their 30 day return policy even though they listed as good condition and it was not broken in the box, I've spent thousands of dollars at their site and probably would have continued. The customer service individual refused to let me speak to a manager and just kept repeating the same thing. Now for 134 dollars, I am done with ever buying another thing. Not a good way to run a business. If they are going out....it's no wonder.

By Susan S.

EBTH states their policy clearly. I tend to read the fine print before I engage in a bidding war with anyone....This is their written statement clearly displayed on their page that explains bidding- "Additionally, if an Item receives a bid within the last 5 minutes, the close time will be extended 5 minutes from the time the bid is placed. The time will continue to be extended for 5 minutes with each newly placed bid and the item will not close until 5 minutes have elapsed with no additional bid activity. The Item will say "Ended" once bidding has ended."

By Shelly D.

You should count your blessings that they have not contacted you. There are plenty of legitimate auction companies out there that will sell your items.

By Jason J.

I've not sold with them and never would. I've read the responses from people who sold items with these people and if you would like to be ripped off, then by all means go ahead. You'd fair much better by locating an auction house in your area. My experience with this particular bunch of thieves is on the buying end. Photos do not show the big picture, if there is a flaw in any item it will not be in the description and most certainly will not be photographed. The exorbitant shipping charges are insane. I'm not sure if as a seller you would see any profit from shipping, my guess is it goes right into their pockets. This is a very dishonest bunch from top to bottom. Please find a reputable dealer to sell you cherished items, I cannot stress this enough.

By Teri B.

They got 40%, but they also give you inflated ideas that you'll get more listing it with EBth than you would if you listed it or consigned it anywhere else. Don't believe it. Many of my items were sold way under value. And they tried to cheat me, but I threatened to cancel the buyers coming to pick up items sold to them. And because I was holding the cards, they folded and gave me the 1000$ they were going to screw me out of.

By tom h.

They charge 40% which is higher than any other company I have used. They also sent my items out of state and charged high shipping fees. Items sold much lower than items sold locally. It is unfair for both sellers and buyers. I will never use them again and advise others to beware.

By sharon h.

Unfortunately they will not return anything to you if it is unsold OR if they deem that the item is a fake or unsellable, etc. Not very helpful or willing to listen when you do appeal to them.

By Christopher M.
Questions? Get answers from the EverythingButTheHouse staff and other customers.

EverythingButTheHouse?