EverythingButTheHouse reviews

Tel: 1-888-862-8750
mike.reynolds@ebth.com

jenniferf367
5/22/19

This site is amazing. I have been buying from them for over a year. And everything is described in detail. And sent as described. Pictures are accurate. The only problem I have is when I go to try to resale something. People start looking it up and find what I gave for it and want the same price. I wish they would take the information off after selling it hurts the buyer.

lorettajanef
5/19/19

I bought two crosses. One was a silver crucifix and the second was a cross with pink stones. They arrived today in the mail. The pictures did not do them justice. They are both quite nice. I had wanted the crucifix, but I think the one with the stones is the nicer of the two. It will be the one I will ware.
This was my first time buying on Ebth. The sale was smooth and I will be doing this again.

annaa186
5/19/19

A wonderful place to Not only is the platform easy to use but I discovered how much I did not know about antiques, vintage clothing, art and the value of gemstones.I am creating a real Pirate Treasure Chest for my son Anthony

A learning experience indeed!

freddies36
5/15/19

High quality estate finds. Quality service. Only thing I would advise is watching the shipping costs.

betho19
5/9/19

Ebth helped me earn money the easy way! Everyone was very nice and helpful. I would recommend ebth to anyone in need of extra cash from selling things from around the house.

jenniferl571
5/9/19

I've bought from EBTH a few times now and every purchase has been super easy. Staff is very helpful and nice. Would definitely recommend. You'll never know what you might find in the auctions.

melissab402
4/30/19

I have bought from EBTH for over a year now and have been very happy and impressed with the customer service. I have found them helpful and fair.

anniep50
4/24/19

Professionally run. Received purchases in a timely manner, and the protective packing of the items was amazing.

fawnw2
4/22/19

I purchased consistently through EBTH since they began, literally spending thousands of dollars per year. Lately I received damaged items (it wasnt worth the hassle to go through the process to file a claim) and most recently did not receive an item I won! I was so excited that I won the item and would check to see if it shipped every week since I won it (back in February). I finally wrote to EBTH to see when they were going to ship it and they said, they "dont know where it is" and they would refund my money. They didn't give me any options, after having my money for almost 3 months, they said they would just give it back. On top of that, this was over a week ago and I haven't received my refund! Most importanly, I want the item I won! I have been trying to contact them, but no response! It's too bad, such a good concept but not worth my time or money anymore. INCREDIBLY DISSAPPOINTED!

dashurf
4/22/19

I have won many great items on EBTH. Customer Service is really good. However, If you're buying gems, jewelry - I recommend you have it examined & appraised quickly.

I purchased a loose gemstone, which would have been a great find - EBTH stated it had been verified, as authentic by their GIA certified gemologist.

However, my jewellers, GIA GG & Certified brought me the news it was "GLASS."

anneh219
4/19/19

Although it is not the bargain hunters dream it was at the start, (now that it has caught on)
I still have been happy with my purchases. Everything ships so well packed, and items are at least as good as they appear in the photos. There are so many quirky items that you would only find at an estate sale. I wish they still had Los Angeles auctions because shipping from the other areas is often too much for me to bid.

patriciaw330
4/18/19

As a lover of live, in person auctions, I found EBTH online to be easy, convenient and fun. The beautiful vintage bowl I purchased arrived today, just 6 days after shipment . . . beautifully, carefully packed. Authentic, accurate information on vintage items is especially important to me. I will continue to look for treasures on EBTH.

claytona15
4/10/19

This is a great site, especially if you enjoy auctions and a huge selection of goods to bid on. Check it out.

myral18
4/6/19

Absolutely terrible first time experience. Bid on an item. Never got email or any communication. After checking website it turned out I won, credit card was already charged, and was expected to pick it up next day, during work hours, no flexibility. Impossible for me so I asked for alternatives and was told I'd have to pay around $400 for an $80 item, or forfeit and lose payment. No way. Good thing the payment was by credit card and I successfully disputed it so payment was refunded. Never again.

paulag132
4/3/19

I discovered EBTH a couple of years ago. The site has evolved to the point where it is no longer user friendly.
1. I won and paid for a rug and never received it and contacted the site several times with no response.
2. Chalked up the rug to a one time error and continued using the site. Then the issue was not receiving an item for weeks after paying for it. Missed a couple of birthdays that I bought items for. So, I decided to shop without a deadline.
3. Then while back they changed the site so that items reappear. It takes too long to scroll thru new items because if the repeat lots showing in the feed. Many many times I just x'd out of the site and stopped looking for anything I might want to bid on. I'm not an idiot. If I don't want to bid on an item the first time I certainly am not going to bid on it the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th time is shows in the feed.
4. And the final straw. The new check out policy is cash you out the evening of the sale.
The problem with this is I am a travel nurse. At times, like this week, I am no longer at the address I was at when I placed the bid. Before when I checked myself out I could refigure the shipping based on a new address I could enter. Not now.
I emailed at the time of the win. And it was too late. I was told I could contact UPS and change the shipping address. I did. UPS said no and didn't offer an option but then if you aren't trying to track a package or ship a package contacting UPS is useless. I then contacted EBTH and provided an update that did not offer on option to change the shipping destination. Per EBTH house there is an option. Per UPS there is not.
I quit. Keep my money. Throw the fur in the trash. After decades of auctions you won't see my 2 cents again.

jackies20
4/2/19

Great website, quality items, thorough and honest descriptions, understandable auction guidelines, excellent packaging, fast delivery. Pretty much perfect performance!

allanb84
3/30/19

Bought several pieces of art and silverware. The items looked presentable in the pictures. The items were trash. Cheap imitations of what was described.

asherm7
3/29/19

I've ordered from EBTH several times now and would just say to be very careful about how you bid. Unlike every other auction platform, they have two fields: Current Bid and Maximum Bid. If you enter a bid in Current Bid, it immediately raises the price to that bid. I can't figure out why a bidder would ever want to use that option, which is what auction houses and platforms figured out a long time ago and why every platform simply raises the bids at regular increments and uses proxy or absentee bidding to bid automatically for you at regular increments. But in any event, it tricked me and cost me $ 300 over the going rate of the item. My fault I suppose, since I did have that as my top bid in mind, but frankly I was expecting a fair auction and not to have to read fine print on the basic operation of bidding.

As a side note, their customer service was TERRIBLE whenever I reached out about the issue I had.

sarat137
3/27/19

Fantastic experience from start to finish! The painting arrived perfectly intact, expertly packaged and even better than the photos on the site! Customer service was also amazing when I had a shipping question. Highly recommend!

gloriad80
3/25/19

Received items that look like really great in their photos but not so much when rec'vd. They enlarge the photos and make the items look pristine. The flaws on an item are not shown as they truly are. Bought a bag advertised as real leather, when I got it..not leather at all. Coin bracelet looked great in photos, when rec'vd not even the same color bracelet or coins...paid a lot of money for a cheap bracelet you see as souvenirs. The problem is, you cannot reach anyone to make a complaint.They don't believe in refunds, so your stuck with pricey junk. It has happened 3 different times and for me 3 strikes your out. Will not purchase anything because they are only interested in selling, not being truthful in advertising.

julier291
3/21/19

I bought a ring and it was exactly as described. Sale was fast and efficient. Will definitely buy again.

sharonf185
3/20/19

I've purchased a couple of items and they have both been in excellent condition. They were packed well and arrived very quickly. The pictures didn't do the items justice!

rhondas76
3/19/19

purchased a few "electronics" from these people. They don't work. When you try to sell their garbage back, they state "we do not feel our platform is the right fit". Funny that it was the right fit when I was the buyer.

Just stay away from them and you won't be sorry.

micd2
3/18/19

This site offers an auction site with your wildest dreams. My hobby is browsing the site enjoy something new everyday

paulah163
3/17/19

I recently bought sterling silver last fall and last week, 2 sapphire rings. It as simple, reliable and efficient. All products were as advertised.

I am just got through selling items through EBTH, and it has been the worst experience I have ever had. They grouped many expensive items together because they thought it was in the best interest of the company not the seller. I am also currently seeking legal council to potentially file suit against the company for fraudulent business practices. They didn't even give me a copy of their so called "contract", that I had to sign and send in with my items, until there was only 1 hour left in my sale. They left out the most expensive pieces I sent in and didn't sell them at all, didn't find out why until sale was over. As if all this weren't enough, they took real diamonds from the items I sent in to sell and replaced them with "white sapphires". So needless to say, they're probably about to get hit with a heavy lawsuit!!

By Zack J.

Just to let you know ebth customers and consignors are dropping like flies. The arrogant company just terminated nearly 300 employees and closed markets in many states. That means its not growing, its failing.

By Jason J.

I have filed with the BBB and IC3 for internet fraud, and I am writing the Attorney General of Ohio. These guys make the used car salesman of the 60's look like saints. The products are marginal, and the service i mean customer service is non-existent. I also filed a fraud case with my bank, because for 3 week I got the run-around about them shipping the item, I never got it, and they said they couldn't return my money. Not true! In the United States, keeping the money and keeping the merchandise is illegal. Don't let the technology and glam of the website fool you, they are deceptive, dishonest, and you get the 'EVERYTHING BUT WHAT YOU PAID FOR.

By sUSAN w.

I bid on a pair of Swarovski Crystal Penguins. I was unaware that the larger Penguin was supposed to have a "tail" at the back. It's difficult to see with the cutting of the crystal so I only noticed it when I saw another like item and it had the tail. I closely inspected and can see what I thought was a cut in the crystal is really not smooth and is where the tail should be. The item was delivered on May 12. I put in a claim on July 2 and the company is standing on their 30 day return policy even though they listed as good condition and it was not broken in the box, I've spent thousands of dollars at their site and probably would have continued. The customer service individual refused to let me speak to a manager and just kept repeating the same thing. Now for 134 dollars, I am done with ever buying another thing. Not a good way to run a business. If they are going out....it's no wonder.

By Susan S.

I've not sold with them and never would. I've read the responses from people who sold items with these people and if you would like to be ripped off, then by all means go ahead. You'd fair much better by locating an auction house in your area. My experience with this particular bunch of thieves is on the buying end. Photos do not show the big picture, if there is a flaw in any item it will not be in the description and most certainly will not be photographed. The exorbitant shipping charges are insane. I'm not sure if as a seller you would see any profit from shipping, my guess is it goes right into their pockets. This is a very dishonest bunch from top to bottom. Please find a reputable dealer to sell you cherished items, I cannot stress this enough.

By Teri B.

EBTH states their policy clearly. I tend to read the fine print before I engage in a bidding war with anyone....This is their written statement clearly displayed on their page that explains bidding- "Additionally, if an Item receives a bid within the last 5 minutes, the close time will be extended 5 minutes from the time the bid is placed. The time will continue to be extended for 5 minutes with each newly placed bid and the item will not close until 5 minutes have elapsed with no additional bid activity. The Item will say "Ended" once bidding has ended."

By Shelly D.

The fees suddenly rose after articles ere sold but before I was paid.  Several articles were take to be sold but never showed up on the site.  Some items were evidently sold but I received not payment for them.

By Wilbur w.

They simply dont care.  These FAKE positive reviews are nothing more than a band aid to elude customers and investors.  Investors are dropping like flies and EBTH is scrambling to find some more suckers.  Glassdoor exposes EBTH for what it is.  They certainly dont care about employees so why would they care about customers.

By Jason J.

All I can say is that has NOT been our experience. When I have had questions, I was either called or emailed in a timely fashion. Even dumb questions!

By Lynne O.

I've used my iPad every time. I did not use their App.

By Gloria D.
Questions? Get answers from the EverythingButTheHouse staff and other customers.

EverythingButTheHouse?