EverythingButTheHouse reviews

Tel: 1-888-862-8750
mike.reynolds@ebth.com

williamb708
6/21/18

One cannot go wrong with EBTH. The inventory changes daily, so if you can't find what you're looking for, check back tomorrow. In each and every time I'd had to communicate with someone directly I was always treated respectfully and professionally. And if there is a problem it is dealt with swiftly, honestly, and amicably.

jasonj152
6/20/18

This company is pathetic. They lie about practically everything. Won numerous items and when each arrived over one month later, all three were not as described with damage. Contacted the evil customer service department and they couldn't have cared less. I understand that there is an attorney in ohio who is in the process of teaching a lesson to this company. I hope he succeeds.

To all these fake positive reviews, do you really think that your fooling anyone? They are laughable in the least!

melissae82
6/18/18

I purchased 4 sterling salt and pepper shakers. In the photos, they appeared to be in good condition and the description of the items said they were in Good Condition as well. The photos showed no dents in the shakers. When I received them they were dented and I mean badly dented. Dented on ALL FOUR SIDES of each one. How is that possible? The photos showed no dents. I could only think that they were dented AFTER I purchase them, before they were shipped. Not sure what is going on, but beware your items may be damaged when you get them.

carolb431
6/18/18

I am devasted they donated so many of my items I had been saving for the estate sale. I went to find my silver platters, Fostoria crystal, Waterford lamp, etc only to find they were donated!! They listed around 300 items and it could have easily been over 400. These things were selling on their site previously by others but I think they spent enough time on mine. Ive heard they are having money problems so maybe that explains why they had to stop working because they told me they already worked 40 hours? But they didnt mind charging me for Junk King to pick up a second load at the price of $600 each, which was a mattress the donations people didnt want! Almost $1300 for trash pick up. I could go on and on .........

stevea260
6/17/18

The reason why e.b.t.h. says not tested is so they don't refund your money, it's tested they just mislead you on to buying so they can get that money

sarahw328
6/17/18

...even when I dont win, I still love EBTH! It is always changing and you just never know what you will find! I have had things picked up and shipped, and it is always efficient, fast, and customer service easy and pleasant to converse with when I have questions or maybe forgot to pick up....! I have turned a number of friends on to EBTHso they can have some fun too!!

dennyr15
6/17/18

I needed a major downsizing in my life and needed to sell significant amount of valuable items including art, antiques, carpets, etc accumulated over a life of international travel. EBTH experience was positive from start to finish - not only because of the auction results but the professionalism of staff throughout the process and the care they took in handling my things. They were candid about what they thought would sell well and what would not - allowing me to make decisions about what I was willing to let go of - and were responsive throughout. As a seller, it worked well for me - and several of my friends who made purchases were equally pleased by the transparency of the online auction. They charge a hefty commission but they earn it; and their reach far exceeded anything I could have done alone.

pavlinah
6/17/18

On April 17, 2018 I won a painting by Rosalie Lowerey for 36$. It took more than a month into finding and losing the item until EBTH erased it from my account and reimbursed me so that I have no grounds for complaints. I called costumer service and they reassured me that the painting is still mine in their records, whenever found again they will let me know and will not reauction ( my suspicion). I really like the painting. To my great disappointment and disbelieve, I see the painting has been reauctioned and sold May 31 for 176$. Ive been fooled and played with in such a fraudulent and low manner. The frustrating thing is that there is nothing to do about it, except for closing my account and forgetting ebth altogether.

jamesw854
6/16/18

This company chooses your shipper, sets your cost and refuses to combine shipping on even small items like coins. I recently won four lots of a few coins, $20 +/- each. They then charged $60 in shipping. They refused to combine in one shipment. I dont care what their reason, it is fraud and bait & switch. There is no excuse other that profiteering for small items. Theor policies make buying anything small or in multiples a scam which is why they make so many lots from small items. Fraud.

kimr242
6/15/18

I am a licensed award winning interior designer in Maryland. Ive been in several periodicals and I have over 25 years experience in this business as well as auctions & fine antiques. I am so disappointed and extremely concerned that EBTH is still in business. Ive found thousands of complaints against them and they still continue to operate the same deceitful business practices. They owe us over $5,000.00 and despite numerous requests, and letters, they have not refunded our money. We bid and won several furniture items and received nothing, zilch, as well as so many others with similar experiences. They stole our money without a gun by charging our bank/credit card and simply never delivered the furniture. We saw the furniture we purchased was damaged when they resold it months later on their website to someone else & then lied & was blatantly dishonest about it. We disputed the transaction with our bank and EBTH lied to them as well. THEY ARE THIEVES!!! This is not acceptable nor is it ethical. Please dont be lured into their pretty pictures. They are not good people to do this, they provide horrible customer service and your risking your hard earned money (in my case over $5,0000.00 my twin daughters college money) and they simply do not care. They have my money and we have nothing!!!! Who does that to other people? Please do your research and do not risk your money and heartache

rosea111
6/13/18

I highly recommen this company. They were professional. They kept me very informed through the whole process. It was all together a trusting experience

debi4
6/11/18

I like the fact that I feel safe in the reliable description of items up for auction. The ease of bidding and shipping are pluses.

doloress37
6/8/18

'Almost every day I go on ' ebth.com' website to view the items up for auction in the State's listed. My niece lives in Ohio and I am in California and we check with each other to see what we are bidding on. The listings are fully described and with a number of excellent photos. I have been pleased with each item I have won.

paulaq4
6/7/18

Everything But the House is a delightful and dangerous site for those of us who love quality items and hunt for quirky pieces to add to our collections. Bidding, check out,
and shipping arrangements are a breeze, making EBTH a terrific place to shop for things we didn't even know we just had to have!

kellyc316
6/7/18

I purchased Chanel shoes for $315.00 on May 11, 2018. Fast forward 3 weeks later, not a phone not even an update, I have to reach out EBTH and find out where are the shoes that I purchased 3 weeks ago. Spoke to a gentleman that stated that he would call me that later afternoon, not a phone call, waited for 3 days, and another callback nothing but excuses. Called again today to be told that they can not find the shoes in the warehouse and they will give a full refund one month later. After reading other reviews this seems the way they do business. I will never buy or sell with EBTH. Nothing but the run around for a month.

cassandrav9
6/5/18

This is an auction on your own computer at home. Plus everything is very organized and you do not have to wait to long to receive your order in the mail.

nedm35
6/5/18

I bought a a ring from these people. It was very poorly made and had sharp prongs which could scratch skin or pull fabric. It was not at all visible in their photographs.. in fact they said it wast visible in the ones I sent which were of much poorer quality.
I basically got two letters which didnt address my problem and basically told me too bad, buyer beware Ill say that for certain. Id bought quite a lot from them which was more or less satisfactory. But their attitude makes me think they are a very fly by night , less than above board business which gives online auctions and vendors a bad name
If I could give them a minus star I would
Ned Marshall

yonghyunk
6/5/18

On April 8, 2018, I received an auction of picture headscarves and approved them.
I got home in five days, and another painting, two sets of pictures, lasted two weeks.
I have asked you several times because we could not ship the product.
But after a few days, both of the paintings had holes.
I've heard from you again that you won't be able to deliver.
I was so embarrassed that I asked him to send me the painting because he completely restored it.
He said he can't give you a discount on the price of paintings.
I strongly protested, so I sent you one picture and the other
Someone in the shipping team must have taken it.
One piece of the painting that says there's a hole is clear.
You're lying. There's almost no sign of anything else.
I can't believe it's been disposed of.
If there is a picture that I like the shipping team employees, I can use it this way.
They're doing something extraordinary and immoral.
No matter how good the painting may sound, it can't be.

URL : https://www.ebth.com/items/8482021-1950s-paint-by-numbers-pair-of-framed-paintings

gwenj15
6/1/18

Thanks for everything! EBTH made a difficult situation so much better! I was helping my aunt who had dementia and loved her home. I appreciated the support!

betht70
5/31/18

Love this site. Professionally done, very interesting items, a piece of cake to bid on, and loads of fun!

laurenf83
5/30/18

Like most online buying experiences I was having fun browsing and looking at all the different and unique items all from the convenience of my own iphone. I purchased jewelry, furniture (via pickup), vintage household knick knacks, art, records, harmonicas, you name it. I can handle a few things here and there that are inaccurately described and move on with my day. However, today was the day I deleted the app. I purchased a serigraph and when I received it the condition was much worse then described and depicted in photos. This piece had water damage with brown staining around the verso and cracks in the verso on the lower 30% of the item. The listing stated there was discoloration but the piece was in "good" condition. Well, $430 later plus shipping to CA I received a very water damaged piece. I sent off to a paper restoration company and they said that there was not a process they could complete that wouldn't damage the piece further. I emailed EBTH to let them know that I was upset about the misrepresentation. They stood behind their representation and told me a fair piece would have physical tears in it. I honestly don't see how dark water damage, dirty handling, folding and cracks in verso would be considered "good" condition. Either way, the arrogance and lack of any accountability got the better of me and I will do something more worthwhile with my time then purchase through them.

Tip for consumers: Make sure to zoom in on all photos because what they don't disclose in writing they expect you to get your magnifying glass out and examine the piece via a 3.5 inch screen. If you see attached photos, they even helpfully compared their photos (right) to my photos (left) and thought that they were acceptable. "And honestly I believe "Good" was wise to advise as there are no tears and such, "Fair" things are in much worse shape" -EBTH

terryb288
5/29/18

I found items that I was interested in easly. Bidding was easy. I like the fact that if you place a winning bid within 5 minutes of the auction ending that they reset the clock to 5 minutes and keep going until they have a winner. It's fair auctions and honest wins. You only loose when you stop bidding.

maxm148
5/28/18
• Updated review

In fairness I did finally receive a refund, took a lot of effort but it got done. Will I use this site again? Not a chance, lost my trust.

“Caveat emptor”
5/12/18
• Previous review

I agree with reviewer that said wait till you have a problem, bought a dozen or so items, one or two were rubbish, but I accepted that. Then I had a print not arrive,the perky and helpful e mails dried up to complete indifference, EBTH got paid, UPS got paid, you guessed it, I got zero, zip, nada! Try invaluable or 1st dibs, better items, better provenance.

valeries131
5/24/18

Picking up the item was easy breezy. Thank you for the great organization in Cincinnati. This is my second time and it really was a nice experience.

ss315
5/24/18

I actually have been a fan of EBTH, no issues, just expensive deliveries. Customer service seemed good. The I received a piece of $#*! gold chain that they were selling that should have been marked as scrap. Paid over $200 for a chain that had so many kinks it could not lay flat. Numerous e-mail and over a week, they denied my claim and would not refund my money. Today was my last day with EBTH.

I am just got through selling items through EBTH, and it has been the worst experience I have ever had. They grouped many expensive items together because they thought it was in the best interest of the company not the seller. I am also currently seeking legal council to potentially file suit against the company for fraudulent business practices. They didn't even give me a copy of their so called "contract", that I had to sign and send in with my items, until there was only 1 hour left in my sale. They left out the most expensive pieces I sent in and didn't sell them at all, didn't find out why until sale was over. As if all this weren't enough, they took real diamonds from the items I sent in to sell and replaced them with "white sapphires". So needless to say, they're probably about to get hit with a heavy lawsuit!!

By Zack J.

I have filed with the BBB and IC3 for internet fraud, and I am writing the Attorney General of Ohio. These guys make the used car salesman of the 60's look like saints. The products are marginal, and the service i mean customer service is non-existent. I also filed a fraud case with my bank, because for 3 week I got the run-around about them shipping the item, I never got it, and they said they couldn't return my money. Not true! In the United States, keeping the money and keeping the merchandise is illegal. Don't let the technology and glam of the website fool you, they are deceptive, dishonest, and you get the 'EVERYTHING BUT WHAT YOU PAID FOR.

By sUSAN w.

EBTH states their policy clearly. I tend to read the fine print before I engage in a bidding war with anyone....This is their written statement clearly displayed on their page that explains bidding- "Additionally, if an Item receives a bid within the last 5 minutes, the close time will be extended 5 minutes from the time the bid is placed. The time will continue to be extended for 5 minutes with each newly placed bid and the item will not close until 5 minutes have elapsed with no additional bid activity. The Item will say "Ended" once bidding has ended."

By Shelly D.

Thats their common practice ... instead of reading these reviews abs trying ro improve upon areas that need to ve reviewed and implement changes that would, in effect, cause some to try again, they ban you simply because you stated your opinion of their flawed rules & regulations. They dont care about the little guy their objective is clear as day. How much can we make for this auction. Its greed and disgusting. They can have their auctions with their never-ending extensions. The extensions are in place for one reason ... money. Theyve lost me as a customer but I am quite sure they dont give rats a__.

By Jorja G.

I've not sold with them and never would. I've read the responses from people who sold items with these people and if you would like to be ripped off, then by all means go ahead. You'd fair much better by locating an auction house in your area. My experience with this particular bunch of thieves is on the buying end. Photos do not show the big picture, if there is a flaw in any item it will not be in the description and most certainly will not be photographed. The exorbitant shipping charges are insane. I'm not sure if as a seller you would see any profit from shipping, my guess is it goes right into their pockets. This is a very dishonest bunch from top to bottom. Please find a reputable dealer to sell you cherished items, I cannot stress this enough.

By Teri B.

They got 40%, but they also give you inflated ideas that you'll get more listing it with EBth than you would if you listed it or consigned it anywhere else. Don't believe it. Many of my items were sold way under value. And they tried to cheat me, but I threatened to cancel the buyers coming to pick up items sold to them. And because I was holding the cards, they folded and gave me the 1000$ they were going to screw me out of.

By tom h.

They charge 40% which is higher than any other company I have used. They also sent my items out of state and charged high shipping fees. Items sold much lower than items sold locally. It is unfair for both sellers and buyers. I will never use them again and advise others to beware.

By sharon h.

I bid on a parcel containing a brooch and a coral bead necklace. When the items arrived, it was obvious the necklace was plastic. EBTH claims that the jewelry is evaluated by a " gemologist" . My 10 year old niece could see that the necklace was plastic. When I called demanding a refund, initially they refused. The customer service rep I was dealing with was condescending and not very bright. I put the purchase in dispute with my credit card company ( basically a stop payment ). After I put the charge in dispute, they decided to refund. My advice: If you're going to do business with EBTH, USE A CREDIT CARD ! Good luck.

By Mina S.

Unfortunately they will not return anything to you if it is unsold OR if they deem that the item is a fake or unsellable, etc. Not very helpful or willing to listen when you do appeal to them.

By Christopher M.

Questions? Get answers from the EverythingButTheHouse staff and other customers.

14 Photos for EverythingButTheHouse