EverythingButTheHouse reviews

Tel: 1-888-862-8750
mike.reynolds@ebth.com

wandaj36
9/21/18

The entire experience was very easy and I am pleased with my purchase. Shipping took a little longer than expected but items were wrapped really well. I would bid again.

brandyd21
9/21/18

I have purchased over a dozen or more items from EBTH and thus far have had no issues. Shipping was fast, items were packaged well and items came in as described. I will continue to use this sight to find the interesting items that are available through EBTH.

karls113
9/12/18

318 Complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau. This alone should keep you away. Others filing glowing 5 star reviews have never posted for anyone else. That should also make you suspicious. I will take my business somewhere else.

chuckc84
9/12/18

I paid and picked up a after winning sale. It has been over 4 weeks and I have not received the title. The latest reply to email was "having difficulty getting a hold of the executor for the estate". I will do a follow up. No problem with several other non-title purchases in the past. I would be hesitant to purchase another car.

ritaf52
9/10/18

From the beginning of shopping to the purchase and delivery of my items, everything was smoothe. I was nervous at first, but that quickly dissipated when I received my items today and they were gorgeous. These vintage diamond rings are something I'll be handing down to my granddaughters in years to come. Thank you for a great experience. I'll Be shopping here again!

ednaf13
9/6/18

I've found unusual items for our new home in good condition. They have been well wrapped to protect in shipping; and the photos show any mars, so you know what you are getting!

paulc637
9/4/18

I have used EBTH several times in the last couple of years and while they cannot guarantee what auction items will sell for, they have done an excellent job of keeping me in the loop and aware of the process and my realistic expectations.
There email update / alert system, kept me abreast of the timing, the process and receiving my payment in a very timely manner. I would suggest that others do consider using EBTH as a most viable option for their estate auction needs. Thank you. Paul C. Addison, TX

sandral281
9/2/18

Remarkably trustworthy business!!
I plan on buying as much as I can in the future, good stuff, very happy,
Sandy Lee P.

patriciam524
9/1/18

I love everything but the house, they have such s vast variety of items from all over the US. I also love how easy it is to get a shipping quote, also love the local sales as well

anthonyp258
9/1/18

Shipping speed is terrible considering price. Very few bargains to be had. Most frustrating part is items may sit in Ready to ship status for days or weeks.

frankr208
8/31/18

The products I buy from EBTH are always what I expect. Everything is packed in a profesdional manner. The delivery team in New England is just outstanding. What else can I say? Unique products. Great service. Fair prices - when I win, haha.

dominig
8/31/18

I have both purchased and sold items through ebth. I work with Suzanne Beighley who evaluates and gives me realistic expectations. Yes, they do charge a commission, but for me it is worth it. All I need to do is drop off the items. They do the photocopying, write the copy, pack and ship the items, and handle all the other minutia. I will definitely use them again.

richi7
8/29/18

AFTER NEARLY 90 MIN TRAVEL TO UNION KY FOR PICKUP I LEARNED THAT MY HELPER WOULD BE DELAYED A FEW HOURS... AND A HEAVY WOODEN PIECE OF FURNITURE HAD TO BE DISASSEMBLED TO GET THRU DOORWAYS. MY TOOLS WERE WITH MY HELPER. SO I WAS ANTICIPATING A DELAY THAT WOULD PUT ME IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC THRU CINCY. AS I TRIED TO DECIDE WHETHER TO KILL MYSELF OR GO BOWLING,PHIL PRODUCED TOOLS,PITCHED IN AND HAD ME LOADED ALMOST AS FAST AS I COULD THANK HIM FOR SAVING THE DAY. THANKS AGAIN, PHIL. AND BEST WISHES....RICH INGRAM FRANKLIN OHIO

michaelf571
8/29/18

Extensive damage/repairs not disclosed in photos. Refused to do anything about it. Sent photos of damage and they said it was done after item received and they stood by their description which did not include this damage/repair. Several other spots were the same. Really?

So funny to read these recent glowing reviews which are clearly written by marketing professionals. I guess that's one way to skew ratings which are already in the toilet. Glassdoor employee reviews indicate it is a terrible place to work. A simple Google search will produce thousands of bad reviews.

Their shipping prices are inconsistent at best. Twenty dollars to ship a small item that weighs less than a pound? They only offer lip service to problems. Certainly won't be surprised to see them go out of business. Lousy company. Would never recommend them to sell anything. Hearing horror stories from sellers, too.

Would give them zero stars if that was an option.

ahmadn15
8/26/18

Buying and selling on EBTH is the best experience I ever had in online Auction . EBTH stay like this and hope for the best and betterment

jimo87
8/21/18

They issued me a $20 off of my first purchase code. I tried to use it on my first purchase and the code would not work. I email and I called them and they refused to stand behind an offer they made to me. They are simply not a good business to deal with - find a competitive auction site to deal with!

mauriet
8/20/18

I have Been using this site since it started and mostly have got good deals with a variety of things I like

thomaso79
8/15/18

Bought dining chairs at a great price and .in new condition. Couldn't be happier with our choice. A lot better than trying going to and from stores to find a deal. Good hunting

mollyb62
8/14/18

EBTH is one of those start-ups with pretty big growing pains. But, they seem to be doing better now (mid 2018) than before thanks to the new CEO. No, I do NOT work at/for the company; I've just been watching it for the past 18 months. It is changing, and for the better. Give it some more time.

danan27
8/12/18

I won 2 auctions on July 19th. Since then, crickets. It's been 15 business days and my shipping is still "preparing". No communication from the seller. I will file a complaint with FTC and I'll contact my bank.

margeryt2
8/11/18

I used EBTH for several sales while downsizing. The stress of downsizing was virtually eliminated. They took care of everything in a most professional accommodating manner saving my sanity! The team communicates extremely well. I would recommend them highly to anyone downsizing which could be a daunting experience to tackle on one's own.

peggyk54
8/7/18

We are longtime fans of EBTH! Not only to buy many items from silver and turquoise jewelry to oil painting and furniture! We were lucky enough to live close to the DALLAS warehouse so it was great for getting the larger items.

When it was time to downsize and move out of state, we used used your skilled and excellent staff to help sell a lot of our things. It was a fantastic experience and I cannot recommend you highly enough!

We wish now you would open a Phoenix location!

rosew98
8/6/18

I bid on and won an oil painting that I saw and wanted for my husband. I won. I was charged. Weeks went by and no picture. After asking, I am now told the picture was somehow lost in their warehouse and the customer service staff would not connect me with a supervisor. I'm very upset by this. Was it because someone decided it was valuable, or did it ever exist? Waste of time and effort. Very sad.

davids1725
7/27/18

Great website, excellent customer service. Will continue purchasing at EBTH
Items always well packaged

karenv102
7/26/18

I recently attended an event at the Columbus (Ohio) Museum of Art which featured EBTH. The main speaker from EBTH Cincinnati was very good and interesting. However, when attendees were able to bring up our vintage and antique items for a quick appraisal, a manager from the Columbus office laid a large, old medical chart on top of my item. A significant amount of black dust and stain came off of the chart and onto my Popeye doll from the 1950s. The doll was in Very Good condition but now has black staining on its clothing which is not coming off.

While the manager did apologize to me, he only did so after prompting and when he became aware other people had seen what happened. He certainly did not sound or appear apologetic in any way. His only response was that he could look up the value of my item on his computer after he finished with the medical chart. I definitely had the impression he viewed me and the Popeye as unimportant.

I understand my item isn't worth thousands of dollars. But it was something I had planned to sell and it's value has been significantly decreased by the careless mishandling by EBTH staff.

Our names, phone numbers, and objects for review were recorded so I waited a day to post this review to see if I would perhaps receive an apology call of some type. I did not.

I had previously recommended EBTH multiple times especially to people who had high quality items they wished to see as part of downsizing to move to a retirement community. I will now only be recommending other online auction companies and sites.

I am just got through selling items through EBTH, and it has been the worst experience I have ever had. They grouped many expensive items together because they thought it was in the best interest of the company not the seller. I am also currently seeking legal council to potentially file suit against the company for fraudulent business practices. They didn't even give me a copy of their so called "contract", that I had to sign and send in with my items, until there was only 1 hour left in my sale. They left out the most expensive pieces I sent in and didn't sell them at all, didn't find out why until sale was over. As if all this weren't enough, they took real diamonds from the items I sent in to sell and replaced them with "white sapphires". So needless to say, they're probably about to get hit with a heavy lawsuit!!

By Zack J.

I have filed with the BBB and IC3 for internet fraud, and I am writing the Attorney General of Ohio. These guys make the used car salesman of the 60's look like saints. The products are marginal, and the service i mean customer service is non-existent. I also filed a fraud case with my bank, because for 3 week I got the run-around about them shipping the item, I never got it, and they said they couldn't return my money. Not true! In the United States, keeping the money and keeping the merchandise is illegal. Don't let the technology and glam of the website fool you, they are deceptive, dishonest, and you get the 'EVERYTHING BUT WHAT YOU PAID FOR.

By sUSAN w.

Just to let you know ebth customers and consignors are dropping like flies. The arrogant company just terminated nearly 300 employees and closed markets in many states. That means its not growing, its failing.

By Jason J.

I bid on a pair of Swarovski Crystal Penguins. I was unaware that the larger Penguin was supposed to have a "tail" at the back. It's difficult to see with the cutting of the crystal so I only noticed it when I saw another like item and it had the tail. I closely inspected and can see what I thought was a cut in the crystal is really not smooth and is where the tail should be. The item was delivered on May 12. I put in a claim on July 2 and the company is standing on their 30 day return policy even though they listed as good condition and it was not broken in the box, I've spent thousands of dollars at their site and probably would have continued. The customer service individual refused to let me speak to a manager and just kept repeating the same thing. Now for 134 dollars, I am done with ever buying another thing. Not a good way to run a business. If they are going out....it's no wonder.

By Susan S.

EBTH states their policy clearly. I tend to read the fine print before I engage in a bidding war with anyone....This is their written statement clearly displayed on their page that explains bidding- "Additionally, if an Item receives a bid within the last 5 minutes, the close time will be extended 5 minutes from the time the bid is placed. The time will continue to be extended for 5 minutes with each newly placed bid and the item will not close until 5 minutes have elapsed with no additional bid activity. The Item will say "Ended" once bidding has ended."

By Shelly D.

You should count your blessings that they have not contacted you. There are plenty of legitimate auction companies out there that will sell your items.

By Jason J.

I've not sold with them and never would. I've read the responses from people who sold items with these people and if you would like to be ripped off, then by all means go ahead. You'd fair much better by locating an auction house in your area. My experience with this particular bunch of thieves is on the buying end. Photos do not show the big picture, if there is a flaw in any item it will not be in the description and most certainly will not be photographed. The exorbitant shipping charges are insane. I'm not sure if as a seller you would see any profit from shipping, my guess is it goes right into their pockets. This is a very dishonest bunch from top to bottom. Please find a reputable dealer to sell you cherished items, I cannot stress this enough.

By Teri B.

They got 40%, but they also give you inflated ideas that you'll get more listing it with EBth than you would if you listed it or consigned it anywhere else. Don't believe it. Many of my items were sold way under value. And they tried to cheat me, but I threatened to cancel the buyers coming to pick up items sold to them. And because I was holding the cards, they folded and gave me the 1000$ they were going to screw me out of.

By tom h.

They charge 40% which is higher than any other company I have used. They also sent my items out of state and charged high shipping fees. Items sold much lower than items sold locally. It is unfair for both sellers and buyers. I will never use them again and advise others to beware.

By sharon h.

Unfortunately they will not return anything to you if it is unsold OR if they deem that the item is a fake or unsellable, etc. Not very helpful or willing to listen when you do appeal to them.

By Christopher M.
Questions? Get answers from the EverythingButTheHouse staff and other customers.

17 Photos for EverythingButTheHouse