Review of Overstock.com

customercare@overstock.com
2017 Customer choice award

mustardp
10/16/18

Ordered a ring and they deliberately sent me the wrong item and are now refusing to acknowledge the fact I sent it straight back. Huge scam website, don't shop here.

jeffreyn20
10/10/18

I bought a computer from a seller(Advanced Skyline Technology) on Overstock.com. The pc arrived on Saturday but when I turned it on the power button flashed red 4 times and the pc beeped 4 times. Nothing on the screen just the 4 flash/Beep pattern. I emailed the Seller on the same Saturday, no response 2 days later. So I emailed Overstock Customer Service and I get a reply how they take this seriously and they will get the Seller to contact me. 3 days after that and still no response from the Seller or Overstock's Customer Service. I put in for a return and was told I would have to wait for approval. Seriously? You send a pc that does not work and my return has to be approved. I would avoid Overstock and Advanced Skyline Technology at all cost. Clearly Overstock is not about the Customer Experience. Try Amazon, Best Buy, Target anything but Overstock.

carolined62
10/8/18

Overstock.com. DON'T SHOP AT OVERSTOCK DOT COM!!! They scammed me!
I ordered a queen bed and within less than an hour, I requested an online cancellation ( which was available at the time). One second after I click cancel order, they changed the status of the order to Processing. I contacted customer service support and explained the issue, they said that they couldn't cancelled it because the order was already on the processing status (warehouse).
It didn't make sense that you can not cancel an order within less than an hour for an overstock website error. The reason for cancellation was that the photo of the item didn't represent it correctly and Items were not correctly described online. I noticed this, after I read the reviews from the customers that bought previously the item.

I keep contacting them for cancellation, they really have very poor customer service support. After more than 15 calls, one of the representatives at overstock told me that even that the Items weren't shipped and won't be shipped until later time the reason they couldn't cancel is that the seller partner do not accept cancellations at anytime. Even when the cancellation of the item is a result of an Overstock.com error in the item description.
This is clear that they are trying to defraud people.
I ordered the cancellation within a reasonable timeframe (less than an hour after the order was put in place), in order to prevent shipment. They told me that I need to receive the item and later try to return it, which will result in excessive shipping charges into my credit card.
Bottom line, overstock.com are scammers! Trying to defraud clients with tricks. Go away from their website. I love to buy online, but never never will buy from overstock.com.

shelleyb77
9/20/18

BEWARE if you return an item from Canada you will need to get back the duty from the government which is near impossible. If you return an item because of buyers remorse you pay the shipping and insurance. The entire ordeal cost be $100.00 in my losses. Overstock.ca switched me to Overstock.com and I was unaware I was on a U.S. website. The merchandise was of good quality and it arrived quickly but very frustrating. I'm waiting to see if they credit my account for the cost of the curtains and tax.

ruthc128
9/18/18

Overstock advertises the Kazak Rugs as original, handmade, wool. They are machined made! Beware!! It is a scam.

vaguef
9/10/18

Overstock will ream you on their card. I was hit unexpectedly with an 'expired promotion discount' today for over $500 on only a $2000 balance. Do NOT use their card as it's cleverly disguised robbery!

andream298
9/8/18

Be very careful. I've been following a carpet. The prices have ranged from 105 to 175. And customer service says, "Sorry marketing sets the prices so I can't help you." I requested a call from someone in marketing or higher, nothing.

These were not on sale prices. These were the regular prices. So if you shop with them, be careful.

barryk56
9/5/18

I bought a table from Overstock for $348 and a few weeks later its on sale for $288. The first person said they wouldn't refund the difference after a certain amount of time but it took 5 weeks to order it and I've only had it two weeks. The second person said they don't refund the difference at all. The table is also made with really soft wood. I wrote on a piece of paper and it completely transferred to make indents of the words.

cymak
9/4/18

I began shopping Overstock for many years. They have everything imaginable. for self and home. Designer Brands and great shipping. Prices can be terrific compared to retail but you have to shop around. I think that the prices were better a few years ago.

rebeccab326
9/4/18

I purchased a product from Overstock.com called "Hanes Jumbo Pillows Set of 4." The picture shows four extremely large, fluffy pillows. Total crap! The pillows are tiny and flat. I called to return them and they said I had to pay the shipping costs, even though they were shipped to me for free because I spent over $50. One box cost me $20 to return, and I had to return two boxes. Forty dollars down the drain! Will NEVER PURCHASE FROM OVERSTOCK.COM AGAIN.

ah168
8/31/18

I purchased a floor lamp from Overstock.com. There price was very good. They gave me another 15% discount and shipped the material on the specified date. The communication thru text messages also worked very well. I really liked this company and will make future purchases. I highly recommend this company.

ericp108
8/26/18

I haven't had to many problems with overstock once they couldn't tell me what happened to my watch but did send a better more expensive one recently I just sent a defective watch back it's been 5 days since they received it and no credit applied to my store card I think they're slow there probably playing with watch to see it was a arikbos 67.00 watch the other 5 items are ok but they were small items I did buy 5 yrs ago a 4 inch mattress topper it's still in good shape so . If they drag there feet dispute the charge or if they try to screw me I tell them what to do with there store card.

donv32
8/26/18

Worst company ever, mantra involves believing in conspiracy theories. No star. they lost a 1.2 m suit

glories1
8/25/18

I live in Vail Colorado wherein we have post office boxes. When ordering from Overstock it would not deliver to a P.O. Box so asked for a street address. The delivery method was Fed Ex so it was to be delivered to my house. It took 10 days to get the shipment and I received an e.mail that it had been delivered to my home address yet nothing had been delivered When I called overstock they said that Fedex saves money by delivering to the post office. The post office they delivered to is not my post office so the order was returned. I spoke with Overstock and they could have made it right by overnighting the order delivering it to my street address. When I asked the customer service agent said they would issue a refund. I would never order from them again.

thomasy40
8/17/18

I saw ottoman chair with cow hides, they have the price for $125. When i tey to check out, price keep changing. I contacted them but they have ni answers, i have put a complain to BBB.

alids
8/16/18

Got some very good deals there and shipping is always fast. Sometimes it takes support a little too long to reply though.

doreeni5
8/13/18

when you try to place an order, you will receive pop ups for discounts if you order now......"first order save 12%", etc. Well, when you try to use this discounts, nothing is eligible as everything is on sale. So, it is just a ploy to get you to order. I received a 12% moving coupon from the post office when I changed my address. It was offering a discount after i open a charge card and use it on my order. I did that and then could not get anyone to help me apply the discount. Because they already were giving me an "OFFER", a sale item that is, I couldn't us the coupon. The small print said nothing about not being able to use on a sale item. I believe their practices are a bit deceitful.
The executive offices were very short and unhelpful. Terrible and never again will I shop with them!

feleciah4
8/8/18

When companies get big and do not respect the rights of its patrons. I would refuse to utilized the company. I purchase a acrylic tray that arrived broken. I was told I need to send pictures to get return approved. My time is to be valued as well as this company. I do not have time to take pictures of items delivered broke and email them to you. Any rational adult can judge if an item is broken or not. OVERSTOCK IS NOT THE ONLY COMPANY AN INDIVIDUAL CAN FIND AFFORDABLE ITEMS. I RECOMMEND THOSE DISSATISIFIED WITH OVERSTOCK TO SEEK ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE TO SHOPPING. OVERSTOCK NEED TO RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF THEIR CUSTOMERS.

mjm6
8/7/18

I recently moved (probably common for a lot of overstock.com customers). My first shipment was scheduled to be delivered on the Friday of the weekend we were moving. That date was fine but for some reason, it got changed to Monday instead. As we were no longer going to be at that address, I gave them my new address to send the shipment to instead. However, because it was already in transit, they couldn't change it. Now, 3 weeks later they are sending me something at the old address again!!!!! They will not accept any kind of responsibility. They will blame the customer over and over again. No matter what, it is never their responsibilty! So if you are looking at another site with a similar product, I would definitely advise to stay away from Overstock.com or be prepared for something to go wrong because it will!!!

ianc154
8/5/18

I bought a chest of drawers for $130 here. It arrived about a week late and then fell apart right after I spent 4 hours building it and had thrown away the huge and heavy box (I live in a walk-up). Every single drawer was broken and my stuff was everywhere. They offered me a measly $25 compensation or said my only option was to spend hours carefully taking it apart so they could 'inspect it' and maybe offer me the exact same product as a replacement.... absolutely not, bought one of Amazon. Avoid.

markd520
8/4/18

I ordered a Gayle 52" wine bar on July 11 and paid 50 dollars for 'white glove' service (place it in the room of my choice and remove all the packing material). 3 weeks later I received an email from their shipping company asking me to set up a delivery date, with a number to call. I called the number and received the following message "due to an extremely high volume of calls we cannot take your call at this time, please call back later" no way to leave a message. I call back 4 times and each time, throughout the day, no matter the time of day, get the same message. I finally get through after a few days (!) to a person who says my deliver "window" is 8 AM to 8 PM on a Tuesday. Meaning I have to take an entire day off to monitor my front door and wait for delivery. It came in the afternoon and when I unpacked it it was damaged. I refused the delivery. On the same day I put in a ticket to Overstock saying I refused the delivery and would like a refund. I got an automated response that said "customer service will contact you within 24 hours". Days passed and no response, but they did refuse to publish my one star review of this product.

I paid 1300 dollars for this item. It came damaged. I refused it, never signed for it and it went back on the truck same day. I have contacted the company multiple times with no response, no refund, nothing. Total silence.

I will contact my credit card company and request a charge back. If this company has done the same kind of thing to you, google "chargeback" and take it up with your credit card company. In cases where the product was defective or not delivered to you, the issuer will investigate your claim against the merchant and, if it finds it meritorious, will remove the funds from the merchant's account and put it in yours. You have to have proof, which I do... I have a video of the delivery on my security camera, showing me refusing the product, and it being put back on the truck, I also have my delivery paperwork showing "refused" and no signature from me on the form, and all the emails, chats etc I have had with Overstock showing absolutely no movement on their part to refund me the money.

nikaj
8/3/18

Nice price, very helpful customer service and 2-day free shipping - I like shopping at Overstock!
I'm also very happy with my purchase.

beckyy9
8/1/18

This is a must if you shop at Iverstick. It provides you with free shipping on applicable purchases, points for earning and only costs 9.95/ yr. I always am happy that I signed up for it!

kimo84
7/23/18

Ordered a queen size bed set, queen size frame and two twin beds. Said over and over and over again it could only be delivered on Friday afternoon, Saturday, Sunday or Monday morning. Had to be given advance notice as this deliver address is a summer weekend home and we are only there on weekends. If it is to be delivered on Friday or Monday, I need to take a day off work so I need several days notice.

Called UPS (which your telephone person told me I had to open an account as they use UPS or FedEx for delivery). First lie. Received notice on Saturday 7/21 that part of my ordered would be delivered today and part of my order would be delivered tomorrow 7/24. No one will be there on either day. Told them repeatedly that no one is there on weekdays!

Called Overstock on Saturday after UPS call. Representative said she had arranged for EVERYTHING TO BE DELIVERED JULY 27 between 1:00 - 4:00. I agreed.

Today, 7/23 received another notice that my order was going to arrive tomorrow (it will be raining all week) and left by my house (in other words, in my garden, in the rain). Called again today told that my entire order would not be shipped on 7/23, 7/24, but a partial shipment would be coming on Friday July 27 from 1:00 - 4:00. No one ever told me that the queen size bed would be sent at another time. Another day off work. They are good at selling and good at lying. Terrible at follow through or telling the truth. DON'T USE THEM!

michaelb1357
7/20/18

THEY SHIP TO THE WRONG ADDRESS.
THEY CANNOT GET THE ADDRESS CORRECT AFTER OVER 6 MONTHS OF CALLING AND OR EMAILING AND TEXTING ALL DAY.
WHEN YOU HAVE TO GO LOOK FOR YOUR PACKAGE THAT IS TOO STUPID WHEN YOU PAID FOR SHIPPING TO YOUR HOME EVEN IF IT IS FREE

THEY LEAVE PACKAGES AT THE WRONG PARK NOT JUST THE WRONG ADDRESS

THEY DELIVERED A PACKAGE AT CHRISTMAS TO THE WRONG PARK TO A VACANT TRAILER THAT THE DRIVER HAD TO MOVE THE COBWEBS TO GET TO THE PORCH TO LEAVE IT DUH

CLOSE MY ACCOUNT TODAY IDIOTS...!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE GO ELSEWHERE

437 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.

No. I ordered memory foam that shows that famous hand imprint that usually stays long enough to see it. Well, the cheap stuff they sent me could not even show it for a millisecond! VERY CHEAP FOAM...

By Bob D.

all I can say is, after i ordered the tracking number told me 31 days. Really, now they will not answer my repeated requests for a return label.

By Kat K.

No, call for a return label.

By Mathew B.

Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

Overstock.com?