Review of Overstock.com

customercare@overstock.com
2017 Customer choice award

thomasy40
8/17/18

I saw ottoman chair with cow hides, they have the price for $125. When i tey to check out, price keep changing. I contacted them but they have ni answers, i have put a complain to BBB.

alids
8/16/18

Got some very good deals there and shipping is always fast. Sometimes it takes support a little too long to reply though.

doreeni5
8/13/18

when you try to place an order, you will receive pop ups for discounts if you order now......"first order save 12%", etc. Well, when you try to use this discounts, nothing is eligible as everything is on sale. So, it is just a ploy to get you to order. I received a 12% moving coupon from the post office when I changed my address. It was offering a discount after i open a charge card and use it on my order. I did that and then could not get anyone to help me apply the discount. Because they already were giving me an "OFFER", a sale item that is, I couldn't us the coupon. The small print said nothing about not being able to use on a sale item. I believe their practices are a bit deceitful.
The executive offices were very short and unhelpful. Terrible and never again will I shop with them!

feleciah4
8/8/18

When companies get big and do not respect the rights of its patrons. I would refuse to utilized the company. I purchase a acrylic tray that arrived broken. I was told I need to send pictures to get return approved. My time is to be valued as well as this company. I do not have time to take pictures of items delivered broke and email them to you. Any rational adult can judge if an item is broken or not. OVERSTOCK IS NOT THE ONLY COMPANY AN INDIVIDUAL CAN FIND AFFORDABLE ITEMS. I RECOMMEND THOSE DISSATISIFIED WITH OVERSTOCK TO SEEK ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE TO SHOPPING. OVERSTOCK NEED TO RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF THEIR CUSTOMERS.

mjm6
8/7/18

I recently moved (probably common for a lot of overstock.com customers). My first shipment was scheduled to be delivered on the Friday of the weekend we were moving. That date was fine but for some reason, it got changed to Monday instead. As we were no longer going to be at that address, I gave them my new address to send the shipment to instead. However, because it was already in transit, they couldn't change it. Now, 3 weeks later they are sending me something at the old address again!!!!! They will not accept any kind of responsibility. They will blame the customer over and over again. No matter what, it is never their responsibilty! So if you are looking at another site with a similar product, I would definitely advise to stay away from Overstock.com or be prepared for something to go wrong because it will!!!

ianc154
8/5/18

I bought a chest of drawers for $130 here. It arrived about a week late and then fell apart right after I spent 4 hours building it and had thrown away the huge and heavy box (I live in a walk-up). Every single drawer was broken and my stuff was everywhere. They offered me a measly $25 compensation or said my only option was to spend hours carefully taking it apart so they could 'inspect it' and maybe offer me the exact same product as a replacement.... absolutely not, bought one of Amazon. Avoid.

markd520
8/4/18

I ordered a Gayle 52" wine bar on July 11 and paid 50 dollars for 'white glove' service (place it in the room of my choice and remove all the packing material). 3 weeks later I received an email from their shipping company asking me to set up a delivery date, with a number to call. I called the number and received the following message "due to an extremely high volume of calls we cannot take your call at this time, please call back later" no way to leave a message. I call back 4 times and each time, throughout the day, no matter the time of day, get the same message. I finally get through after a few days (!) to a person who says my deliver "window" is 8 AM to 8 PM on a Tuesday. Meaning I have to take an entire day off to monitor my front door and wait for delivery. It came in the afternoon and when I unpacked it it was damaged. I refused the delivery. On the same day I put in a ticket to Overstock saying I refused the delivery and would like a refund. I got an automated response that said "customer service will contact you within 24 hours". Days passed and no response, but they did refuse to publish my one star review of this product.

I paid 1300 dollars for this item. It came damaged. I refused it, never signed for it and it went back on the truck same day. I have contacted the company multiple times with no response, no refund, nothing. Total silence.

I will contact my credit card company and request a charge back. If this company has done the same kind of thing to you, google "chargeback" and take it up with your credit card company. In cases where the product was defective or not delivered to you, the issuer will investigate your claim against the merchant and, if it finds it meritorious, will remove the funds from the merchant's account and put it in yours. You have to have proof, which I do... I have a video of the delivery on my security camera, showing me refusing the product, and it being put back on the truck, I also have my delivery paperwork showing "refused" and no signature from me on the form, and all the emails, chats etc I have had with Overstock showing absolutely no movement on their part to refund me the money.

nikaj
8/3/18

Nice price, very helpful customer service and 2-day free shipping - I like shopping at Overstock!
I'm also very happy with my purchase.

beckyy9
8/1/18

This is a must if you shop at Iverstick. It provides you with free shipping on applicable purchases, points for earning and only costs 9.95/ yr. I always am happy that I signed up for it!

kimo84
7/23/18

Ordered a queen size bed set, queen size frame and two twin beds. Said over and over and over again it could only be delivered on Friday afternoon, Saturday, Sunday or Monday morning. Had to be given advance notice as this deliver address is a summer weekend home and we are only there on weekends. If it is to be delivered on Friday or Monday, I need to take a day off work so I need several days notice.

Called UPS (which your telephone person told me I had to open an account as they use UPS or FedEx for delivery). First lie. Received notice on Saturday 7/21 that part of my ordered would be delivered today and part of my order would be delivered tomorrow 7/24. No one will be there on either day. Told them repeatedly that no one is there on weekdays!

Called Overstock on Saturday after UPS call. Representative said she had arranged for EVERYTHING TO BE DELIVERED JULY 27 between 1:00 - 4:00. I agreed.

Today, 7/23 received another notice that my order was going to arrive tomorrow (it will be raining all week) and left by my house (in other words, in my garden, in the rain). Called again today told that my entire order would not be shipped on 7/23, 7/24, but a partial shipment would be coming on Friday July 27 from 1:00 - 4:00. No one ever told me that the queen size bed would be sent at another time. Another day off work. They are good at selling and good at lying. Terrible at follow through or telling the truth. DON'T USE THEM!

michaelb1357
7/20/18

THEY SHIP TO THE WRONG ADDRESS.
THEY CANNOT GET THE ADDRESS CORRECT AFTER OVER 6 MONTHS OF CALLING AND OR EMAILING AND TEXTING ALL DAY.
WHEN YOU HAVE TO GO LOOK FOR YOUR PACKAGE THAT IS TOO STUPID WHEN YOU PAID FOR SHIPPING TO YOUR HOME EVEN IF IT IS FREE

THEY LEAVE PACKAGES AT THE WRONG PARK NOT JUST THE WRONG ADDRESS

THEY DELIVERED A PACKAGE AT CHRISTMAS TO THE WRONG PARK TO A VACANT TRAILER THAT THE DRIVER HAD TO MOVE THE COBWEBS TO GET TO THE PORCH TO LEAVE IT DUH

CLOSE MY ACCOUNT TODAY IDIOTS...!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE GO ELSEWHERE

karens722
7/12/18

I've purchased thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from Overstock. Their customer service has always been the best and I've been very satisfied with most purchases.

isaacp28
7/12/18

paid for in paypal, next day they say they couldn't verify the shipping address on my credit card (i paid with paypal) and therefore they canceled the ordered and issued a refund, all without contacting me first. Also if i do send them verification documents, this time around i will have to REORDER said laptop, without the original 4th of july discount which was posted on it.

SCAM

I am still waiting 4 days later for my refund which is still not showing in my account, and their response was send us verification documents for the paypal account (an account which is also a seller, and all addresses are verified on it, and is open since 2009.)

kaynazb
7/11/18

I places an order for more than 1000$ requesting for delivery to Singapore. After three calls requesting why no confirmation mail has been sent, two weeks after they just dropped me an email to tell me that there had been a system problem and my order has not been even sent to warehouse, eventhough the money has been withdrawn from my account!!!!
No support or clear answer after that. VERY BAD SUPPORT SERVICE

harperb26
7/11/18

I admit the quality of the products from Overstock.com are not top notch since their products are imported from the cheap sources oversea. You can find it's hard to assemble the products sometimes and they tend to put wrong parts in the pack often.
But to be fair, the price of the products are very cheap in compare to the similar products you would see in most furniture retailers. Besides, even though the products I bought are slightly poorly made, the material's quality is not bad at all. Consider this, I got a dining table from IKEA and used it for a year, it started to have bubbles on the surface and I figured out that it was made out of particle board. Then I bought a dining table from Overstock to replace, cheaper price, free shipping, much more beautiful than the table I got from IKEA, and made of real timber. And I thought IKEA was really cheap.
About service, I do think they don't have enough staffs, but so far they've been treating me well. I received some products with missing pieces and wrong parts, so I told them through the missing parts option on their website. It usually took them a week or more to contact me back though. But they showed real concerns about the problems, told me they were really sorry and could either contact the warehouse to send other parts or give back to me a decent amount of money to buy the part from hardware store if I didn't want to wait.

heatherl167
7/9/18

I would rate -5 stars if I could. I ordered a grill and freezer and changed my mind within one minute. Went back on and it said it was in transit. I called immediately to ask to cancel it. Too late. When it arrived, I had to order a return label for both. Both were almost as much as the product. Then, if I had them pick it up, would have been an additional $160. The entire thing cost me about 75% without having their product and just returning it. I read that they actually make more money charging for their poor items than if you keep them. The worst service I have ever experienced. Buyer beware. You could pay for Amazon Prime 3 x's over for returning 2 items. Never again. Lesson Learned!

anthonyl196
7/6/18

I have been trying to cancel an order for over a week. Every time I contact them (4 times in 7 days) they tell me I should hear back in 1-2 business days. The product will arrive in a few days and I will have to pay to ship the item back. This has been my worst online purchasing experience ever.

whitneyt24
7/5/18

I ordered a light that came with a missing piece. I was told they couldnt help me because I was outside the return window. Now I spent all this money on a light that doesnt work. Supervisor Chelsa V. was completely rude and not helpful. I would stay away from Overstock! Use Wayfair 100%

jr338
6/27/18

I will explain this situation one last time. I am tired of explaining and not getting timely answers and responses.

I purchased a mattress and foundation set. As you can see in the attached picture I already have a bed with slats where a mattress or boxspring can sit on. Therefore when I read the word "foundation" I am expecting a flat surface I can place over my current slats that would support the memory foam mattress.

Instead I receive a mattress and a wood base with slats!!

Definitely not what the description says. Totally misleading and confusing infornation.

The day it was received, I immediately called customer service to inquire about returning the "foundation". I am told that since it was a set I could not return only the foundation but I had to return both items at my cost. Immediately I object since I believe the item is not what I wanted and I am not paying shipping for an error on Overstock's part. The agent committed to put an inquiry and return to me in 48 hrs.

I waited 48 hrs but no response was given. Very irresponsible and inefficient. I had no bed so I decided to open the mattress because I was tired of sleeping on the floor. I was tired of waiting.

1 week later now they want more info (which I had already provided on chat and over the phone) and now they wont accept the mattress. I decide to call again and the lady did say that I could donate the mattress and get the money back.

So confusing!! I feel like you are dragging this out and are avoiding accepting the fact that you had a incorrect description of the product.

Got an email about putting the frame together and sending picture (which I wont do because is a waste of my time) . I know they part you sent does NOT work.

Now again they are saying that they wont accept the mattress

I dont care! I dont want anything anymore.

If you would have solve my issue on the day I received the item and accepted to pay the shipping fees, we would be in this situation.

Terrible customer service. Bad response time. Terrible return policies.

I want this to be over now.

Please send me a prepaid return label and full reimbursement of my money to my credit card on file.

Regards

haleyg15
6/20/18

I bought two pillows (totaling $100) from this site last month. The pillows looked cheap and were not what we expected when they arrived, so we immediately tried to return them. Despite the fact that this is an ONLINE retailer (so you cannot physically see the products before you buy) there are no free returns! They charge $20 to ship the pillows--which is a significant portion of the cost of the item! Unbelievably bad customer service.

raffaelec3
6/18/18

18 _06-2018 i buy a rowing machine The service customer was rude I can't cancel a order they just take the money and not give any service the internet site is made to trick the people
who do not know this company .never again I learn the lesson .not buy to this company

janetl179
6/18/18

While our order was lost in shipment by FedEx, follow-through by Overstock was sadly lacking. A replacement was supposed to have been sent last week but no communication from Overstock about the status. Tried to cancel and have the charge refunded. Now I would have to wait until I receive it and send it back to get a refund. This would not be acceptable since would not be around to do that. Awaiting word from customer service if this can be changed but even if they are able to stop shipping, it has not been a pleasant experience. I'll live without the item and look elsewhere.

junek39
6/18/18

Never. Again. Cheap product, ridiculous shipping time, (TWO months?) impolite delivery people. No thanks. Learned my lesson.

amberc109
6/13/18

I just used overstock for the first time to by a 4 piece bedroom furniture set costing over $1,000 and by the reviews I was pretty nervous but I am sooo happy to say I received all my furniture right on time and everything was in excellent condition and as advertised. I honestly do not have one bad thing to say about my experience and will not hesitate to use them again!

ronw166
6/13/18

We ordered an item from Overstock.com about six weeks ago. It arrived a week or so later and we thought that was it. But it isn't. Ever since, we receive numerous e-mails with "special offers" every day. I've unsubscribed by responding to the e-mails, I've done the live chat and called three or four times begging them to stop sending these annoying e-mails but to no avail. I've been assured numerous times that the e-mails will stop but they don't. It's like "Goundhog Day" or "What About Bob?" Unless you're lonely and want to receive these e-mails, don't buy anything from Overstock.com. They never stop.

437 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.

No. I ordered memory foam that shows that famous hand imprint that usually stays long enough to see it. Well, the cheap stuff they sent me could not even show it for a millisecond! VERY CHEAP FOAM...

By Bob D.

all I can say is, after i ordered the tracking number told me 31 days. Really, now they will not answer my repeated requests for a return label.

By Kat K.

No, call for a return label.

By Mathew B.

Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

20 Photos for Overstock.com