Review of Overstock.com

hostmaster@overstock.com
2017 Customer choice award

laceyn1
12/5/17

I was really excited to order my new bed on Black Friday. Loved the sale price for what I was getting. Unfortunately for me, I will never see that bed. My bed is "unable to locate" and also out of stock now. I am moving into a small studio so needed a storage bed for practicality. Since my bed is out of stock and unable to locate they can only match the sale price I paid. The problem with this is they do not have anything in stock now and told me I need to pay upfront for another bed (after already paying for one that was lost). Their customer service is one of the most unprofessional, unreliable, and very quick to tell me it was not Overstock's fault. Every time I spoke to someone different, they told me something different. At the end of the day, I am left paying more than double what was planned and will not have a bed for 3-4 weeks. That is assuming the bed is delivered this time.

patp55
12/3/17

Placed an order on Nov 19, 2017 and on Nov 29, still no tracking available, so contacted customer service & I was told that 2 days later I will have tracking information or if not tracked then a new order will be sent out. Well, 2 days later and another chat to customer service I was told the same thing again except it would be by end of day would receive e-mail with information or resend with tracking number. Ok now over one week of attempting to locate my order and still not heard anything from overstock or where my order has been sent. Will not deal with this company again.

tishab4
12/3/17

I just cant stop writing. It is that excellent customer service again!!! This is an excellent company.Thank you.

ivym26
12/1/17

I order a blue sapphire accent right. It was described on the site as blue sapphire and the picture they advertised was the same. When I received the ring the stones were black not a hint of blue. when I called to question the customer service rep, she put me on hold. Then came back to tell me that sapphires can be so dark they look almost black. That's false advertisement, because that was not in the description nor the picture. I have several pieces of blue sapphire jewelry and they are all genuine blue sapphire. Will never order again.....everrrrrr!!!

juanc117
11/27/17

Todos los productos que necesitas y tu familia también a buenos precios y con el mejor servicio. No necesitas andar por todas las redes comparando precios pues aquí los encuentras todos a buenos precios desde la comodidad de tu hogar.

todda5
11/22/17

This is a joke. I can buy every product cheaper than at Overstock.com. Do not think you are getting a deal.

timg106
11/22/17

As long as you don't need any customer service whatsoever you'll be fine. Some of the dumbest, laziest employees I've ever encountered.

suzyh5
11/16/17

I bought a rug for $39 and it cost me $21 to return it!!!!! Horrible return policy. The same rug was on Amazon and with Prime I could get it shipped free and return free. Don't buy from Overstock unless you check with Amazon first. Very disappointed.

kaylam52
11/11/17

I ordered a daybed on overstock on November 3rd 2017, when I ordered it stated that the item would be shipped out and be at my house within the next week. I did online chat with customer service after the item was still "processing" after 5 days (November 8th 2017), and they said that it should be shipped out that day or the next. Once it still wasn't shipped out I again did an online chat with them on November 9th, and again they said that it should be shipped out but that they would check with their warehouse. I received a voicemail on the 10th around 11am stating that it would be shipped out on November 15th because they were out of stock on part of the bed. I called back around 12 in the afternoon to confirm that for 100% sure it would be shipped out then, and they reassured me that it would. Then around 4pm I got an email from Overstock stating that they cancelled my order. When I called back again to talk to a customer service representative she was short and just kept saying "Well it was our warehouse that cancelled the order there's nothing that I can do for you until Monday". I expressed my frustration and told her that I had been waiting for the bed to ship already and that it showed that it was in stock at the time of my purchase. I went ahead and ordered from a different company and will never order from Overstock.com again. Very unpleasant experience, and the customer service didn't even act like it was a big deal.

erics262
11/8/17

Two items ordered with two being delivered from the manufacturer.2 phone call to customer service with one telling the truth & on other avoiding my questions. Timex watch delivered two days later. Furehaven pet bed delivered 8 days latter but only after I call but shipped only after I called.

aimeep8
11/2/17

I ordered a piece of art for a gift. Within 15 minutes I realized I ordered the wrong print and tried to cancel online. I wasn't able to so I contacted Overstock via chat. I was ASSURED that because it didn't ship that I could order the correct print and the original order would be canceled. The service rep named Cooper wrote: "No need to worry your item is not yet shipped it will be cancelled." Based on the chat up to that point I wasn't confident that would happen. So I logged in today and what do you know? It shipped. Good thing I didn't order the other print yet. So I started a new chat. They said they will "try" to reroute the package. I'm willing to bet it will be delivered. Then I have to deal with the hassle of returning, and I'm sure they will try charge the return shipping to me even though I've been told I won't have to pay. A note to Overstock Management - as a customer I would like a DEFINITIVE answer if it's canceled - not "we will talk to shipping" or "it will take a couple of days to confirm" or "we will TRY to reroute." I don't want to be told that I "don't have to worry" and then the exact opposite of what I was told happens. I fully expect the package will be delivered. And that I will have to deal with the hassle of sending back the package. Needless to say, I won't be ordering from Overstock.com again. I've had nothing but good experiences with other comparable online companies. I will be ordering the right print from one of them.

johnh792
10/30/17

I recently ordered a wooden computer desk with hutch from Overstock. It is indeed as pictured and described. It is nice piece of furniture (at over $1000 I was hesitant with to order.) It exceeded our expectation and we're pleased with the desk/hutch combo.

That being said there was some minor 'assembly required' and no instructions. I say that not because it was a problem but because if you didn't have a drill and screw driver some mechanical intuition you might not install the small brackets to secure the hutch to the desk. Drilling a small pilot hole for the screws will help prevent splitting the wood when you attach the bracket.

The only problems were with the delivery service - first, it uses a robo call to schedule delivery (not a live person.) Our call screening blocks robo calls so we missed the first couple attempts to schedule the delivery. It was only when I reviewed the caller id log at the end of the week and looked up the new blocked call numbers on the internet that I saw the delivery service was calling. The second problem was with the delivery itself. Overstock's site was very clear that free delivery was to the door and I paid extra for to the room and unpacking. When the shipment arrived I was informed that it only included door delivery but they'll do extra for tips. Whoa, I didn't appreciate having to explain to the delivery person that I had already paid extra. They delivered into the room but I gave them a pass on unpacking - with the desk and the hutch it got rather tight and would have been better unpacked before being brought in.

Historically, our local businesses have been more concerned with good customer service. I for one like good customer service and will have to think real hard about ordering big items over the internet.

simeons21
10/28/17

I ordered an item, they sent me the same wrong one 3 times. Won't buy from again. Customer service was inattentive.

mikeb431
10/20/17

These guys are out of the 19th century! They make returns murder. Unless the item is defective, you have to pay return shipping AND a restocking fee, though I've found that their online descriptions are often inadequate or confusing, so that you are liable to receive an item that is not what you expected. Won't shop there again.

terris60
10/18/17

Beware- you must pay for all shipping costs on returns! Unless their item is defective or they sent the wrong item. Terrible customer experience.

trudyew
10/7/17

I had to return a Patio Table Umbrella. I'm thankful for the fact that Overstock.com accepted my return several days after the grace day return period and for that I would rate them a 4-Star. The box was somewhat heavier than I'd expected, but I managed with not much strife. The difficult part came when trying to set the umbrella upright. The "Abba Patio Solar Powered Aluminum Rectangular LED Light Tilt Umbrella" was too hard for a 5'3" female to hoist up because it's top-heavy. I was able to assemble it, but trying to get the pole in the hole of my table almost caused me to tumble over several times. It's of no use if it can't be set up safely or dismantled by one person. Based on my frustration and inability to see the umbrella fully set up is why I rated the product a 2-Star. The manufacturer may want to address this issue on the labeling of the product as it's a huge selling factor.

faithp6
10/7/17

I`ve had two orders here, one went perfectly fine, and the second one was sadly returned due to inappropriate item quality. I guess thats the 3 of 5 mark for now.

remaina
10/5/17

I purchased a couple of chairs because they were advertised as real leather. After minimal use the leather began flaking off the chairs, as you often hear happening with bonded leather. I believe the chairs were not accurately advertised. I contacted the company but they will do nothing because it is past the 30 day return policy. Unfortunately the inferior quality of the product is not apparent immediately upon receipt. Based on their disinterest in resolving the situation, it appears to me that the advertisement may have been deliberately deceptive.

lynnes42
10/2/17

I have not shopped from Overstock but, after reading the reviews many of which had the same issues I cannot see a reason to bother with them. And where is the company representative to answer to the customers? Customers trusted you all enough to send their hard earned money for some decent merchandise. Not only does Overstock not contact them but, none of them are on here to defend themselves. That means they do not care. Find the brand elsewhere and shop elsewhere. Overstock is way over rated.

chrisf147
9/29/17

Ordered a cheap watch one night, went on sale next morning, think they planned it that way, contacted them next morning to cancel, but they claimed the order was already in the warehouse, would contact special rep who would contact me in a couple days to check on canceling the order. Told them to send the $30 order, didn't want to put up with all that mess, but will never be a customer of this company, stick with Amazon.

maggied15
9/26/17

I purchased a king size bed about A month ago. The delivery company forged my signature on the delivery and delivered it to somebody else so I never received the bed. Overstock told me that they would send out a replacement bed with a different shipping company. When they sent out the replacement they shipped out with the same company that stole my first bed. I have left countless messages and emails that I want them to just cancel my order because I do not want the replacement bed shipped with the same company that stole the first bed. I have not received a phone call or email. The worst customer service ever! Do not order any oversized items from this company unless you plan to wait a long time for your item or you may not even receive it.

sarav39
9/20/17

I bought an oversized item from overstock they claim free shipping. However when the shipping company called they stated they would leave it outside the house. They would not at all put it in the home. Called overstock the person whom I spoke James stated they would send an email so my item would be deliver in side the house. I called the shipping company they claim they had not receive any request from overstock. Called overstock again where this awful worker answer she stated if I wanted my item in the house I had to pay them an additional 50.00. I believe this is false advertisement if they are going to deliver. Deliver it the right way don't be charging extra to put it inside the house. I know I'm not shopping from this people again. This is the second time I'm having such difficult time with them. I thought maybe it was just one bad experience let me give them a second chance. the second time it was worst. I even became a gold member. Paying extra so shipping they claim is free and better don't believe them. I'm not buying from them ever again.

brianh239
9/18/17

As a follow up to my first review Im still waiting for my cushion to my sectional. I called four times now. When my cushion didnt show up a week after my last call I called again and was told nothing was on order for me. I talked to a third supervisor and told him I want part G for my sectional. Three days later and my cushion showed up, only they sent the wrong one. So after another call and another supervisor Im still waiting. I received yet another cover to the wrong cushion and after the next call I received an email saying part C was on the way which is still wrong. So after 7 phone calls I tried calling again only to get a recording saying they are all at a meeting. Eight phone calls,three different supervisors, over a month waiting for one cushion. Ive even emailed the board of directors. Do not buy anything from this worthless company.

amaliat
9/13/17

I wanted to order a nice watch valued at $163, they gave me the delivery option for getting it the next day expedited $32.34, two days later at 15.19 (which I selected) and 3 days later free. When I wanted to check out, the dates completely changed delaying each option with 2 or 3 days extra. The chat lady wasn't very helpful either as I was trying to get it fixed. I ended up not buying it. Bad Bad Bad

jessicas283
9/13/17

They sent me a completely different item that what I ordered. I ordered a wall organizer. Instead, I was sent a horrible gold wall ornament that I didn't order! The receipt enclosed in the package matched what I ordered, but the item sent was wrong. Do they not double check items before sending? I contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge. My credit card company fixed the issue and I was reimbursed. Never buying from this company again.

436 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.

No. I ordered memory foam that shows that famous hand imprint that usually stays long enough to see it. Well, the cheap stuff they sent me could not even show it for a millisecond! VERY CHEAP FOAM...

By Bob D.

all I can say is, after i ordered the tracking number told me 31 days. Really, now they will not answer my repeated requests for a return label.

By Kat K.

No, call for a return label.

By Mathew B.
Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Overstock.com