Review of Overstock.com

customercare@overstock.com
2018 Customer choice award

elizabethb513
4/9/19

The delivery period is much longer than told
You don't get all of your items in one delivery one today maybe another the next day If your lucky
God forbid you move not only does it take twice as long but your items never get delivered to your current address
However they know where to send the bill every month!!
Horrible, unprofessional, unpredictable , careless lazy service!!! Not happy not impressed with overstock I have a very large credit line with you however that will be no longer!!! I'll shop somewhere else

gaylem78
4/8/19

I have been ordering through overstock since last 2018 and have enjoyed their service for two reasons: My items arrived safely and without damage, second, they prompt you when your order has been placed and when it is being shipped out. Last March 28 at 11:05am PT, I ordered an item. I reached out to customer service on the same day at 12:14PMPT. He/She said she/ he will try to stop the shipment and that someone will reach out to me after 1-2 business days. On March 29, at 6:09amPT, I received a message saying the item has been shipped. From the time I made a request, no one reached out to me for any follow throughs. On the same day at 6: 23am PT or 14 mins later, I reached out to customer service again and told them I cancelled the item. I also sent the photos of text history to the representative. The representative apologized and said he/she sent an email requesting to contact UPS to cancel the delivery of the item. April 3 at 5:05pmPT, I received a message that items were delivered. It is so disappointing how there were no follow through or updates and I get charged $50+ to return the item. It's not rocket science to be in a customer service position and not be able to efficiently handle an issue from start to finish. They were satisfied with the fact that they were able to make the request and not care what goes on after. Not even a courtesy message or call to let me know that the warehouse or UPS cannot do anything about the cancellation of shipment and delivery.

abrahamm56
4/4/19

I really don't understand how overstock is in business There are no customer service No communication within overstock from one Department to the other and from customer service to the warehouse Every single representative gives you the wrong information After 4 days Of ordering 4 days later they let you know that it the item is out of stock What a weird company and weird people run the company Would not recommend you To deal with overstock even though they might be cheaper On certain items Save yourself the aggravation It doesn't paid

jessicad265
4/4/19

I applied for credit based on 24 months interest free financing. When l questioned why l was being charged interest they tell me there was no such offer.

tammym259
3/27/19

Applied for credit card based on 24 month free interest promotional offer. I applied for the credit card and ordered based on this promotion. I am now being billed interest each month, although I have paid more than the amount due. When I contacted them, all they tell me is that there is no promotion associated with my account. No offer to help, nor even explain why. Horrible business practices and obviously the consumer does not count for anything.

adaml179
3/19/19

I ordered a light and it was previously purchased as the parts were in a Ziploc baggie. Many were missing and there were no instructions. Likely, this is why the previous buyer returned it...and obviously OVERSTOCK felt it was ok to send it out again! And then I have to pay $15 in shipping costs to return it...when it was their fault!?

jimmyt58
3/16/19

I quit ordering from them a few years ago and just checked to see if they've changed.I had to return a rug that was clearly inferior to what they advertised, lots of hoops, delays and shipping costs. I also bought a music player that was clearly used for a while, which was sold a refurbished with minor cosmetic blemishes. It broke within a matter of days and wasn't worth returning due to their charges. Stick with Amazon or Walmart, they are more ethical and competent

heathers428
3/12/19

Bought a dresser from them and they shipped me a mirror instead. I called to tell them they shipped me the wrong item and in order for me to return in and get the dresser, I had to pay $40 for shipping to return it! Their mistake but I still had to pay??? Ridiculous. This is probably how they make a profit. Sending wrong items and having you return them. Customer service was HORRIBLE. They don't care at all. BUYER BEWARE! TERRIBLE COMPANY. Will never order from them again.

micheller391
3/8/19

Ordered a bedroom set from them, took forever to ship and arrived damaged and not complete. Called overstock.com and they did help initially but again took a long time to finally get in replacement pieces and oh fun fact still not a complete set. But I did not know that as I thought the railings that put the frame together were in one of the boxes as I clearly told the rep I was missing that item. Surely they can get it right the second try...wrong. my husband and I work opposite shifts which delayed us trying to put the bed frame together for a while. When we finally got on a day off together we realize the side boards or slants for our bedframe are not in the boxes. I call overstock.com for help, hoping they'd make it right cause I paid for this piece after all, you should get what you paid for. Nope, after taking a month to review they call me the day after Christmas which I did not answer as it was 9pm est and I was sleeping since I had a really early shift the next day. Then they also emailed me with a short one sentence "we wont help you". Gee thanks for stealing my money and sending me a horribly cheap bedroom set that isn't even complete. Overstock.com will never get another penny of my money, they sell garbage.

colleenc111
3/1/19

Orderd an area rug during a 30% off sale. The rug arrived and was not the correct size. Apparently they consider 42in a 4ft rug. I emailed them and they said well you could buy the 5t rug but since it is not in sale it was literally double the price. I told them they should honor the 30% off for the next size. After numerous emails they said the best we can do is 10% off and they acted like I should be grateful for that. I told them to shove it and I would never order from them again.

jm623
2/27/19

We purchased a table set and within a few months the chair leg splintered and cracked. We contacted them and they wanted $32 for just the chair leg...not the chair!!! Outrageous! We will not buy from them again. Should have been replaced.

davidb2035
2/25/19

We purchased a outdoor dining set in August 2018. Early February 2019, 5 months later and after two rain falls the wood slats warped and discolored. I sent them photos. They agreed there was a problem. They went to the manufacturer, manufacturer said we don't care, we do not stand by our products.Overstockedwithgarbage.com basically said the same thing, that they dont stand by the products because they didn't have the clout with the manufacturer and wouldn't accept this liability.

edwardz23
2/25/19

Have some good products at competitive prices. However, their return policy is awful. We recently purchased a $33 area rug. The color was not consistent with what was on the site and the product quality was very poor. We called to return it and were told we'd have to pay $19 return shipping - 57% of the cost of the product. I've shopped at Zappos and Amazon for ages and never had to pay for return shipping under the same circumstances. I spent far too long on the chat with the customer service rep. Finally, they agreed to pay for the return shipping on a "one time only" basis. Yes, it will be one time only because we'll not shop there again.....

ireneh71
2/24/19

Ordered set of nesting tables. When they arrived there was large sticker on glass top which stated that product exposes one to toxins including lead. While they would allow me to disassemble, rebox and return for refund, they said they had no obligation to inform purchasers in advance of this issue. Really?! No longer an Overstock customer.

mikem1184
2/21/19

I returned an item which was defective/ and not as described but overstock.com
Deducted 50 percent of the total amount are refund only half of what I paid originally, will not order from this company

alyssal50
2/6/19

For whatever reason, overstock doesn't have it where I can leave a customer review on there page so I will be leaving it here and every single other potential avenue possible along with the necessary bureaus. My husband and I purchased a pressure cooker back at the end June 2018 from overstock. We have had pressure cookers for 8 years now that we use at least 5 times a week. Needless to say this one we got hasn't last but about 6-7 months and it's already not pressurizing right and losing pressure while cooker. We reported it to overstock and the manufacturer to which both companies are not helping. Mind you we not only are under a 1 year manufacturer warranty but we also have an extended warranty that we PURCHASED and PAID FOR from overstock. The manufacturer states they do not have any replacements in stock. It's been 2-3 months we've been "waiting patiently" as requested and still today were told to please be patient. Um excuse me, I've been patient for months! I use this 5 plus times a week and it's starting to be very very annoying not having it, especially considering I'm supposedly DOUBLE COVERED on this damn thing. Overstock is NO better! They aren't helping, providing alternative exchange options, refund, absolutely nothing. Yet I have two warranty coverages!? WTF! I've always heard people talk about Overstock having great customer service. This is FAR from great customer service. I receive better service from my local McDonalds! What did I buy an extended warranty for and purchase from overstock if they aren't going to provide any help and coverage? Terrible customer service and I will be continuing to fight this until everyone knows and I have a resolution. Do Not buy from overstock, especially not the extended warranty, complete garbage and worthless waste of money!

marthac140
2/4/19

I bought a jute rug for $450 that was an inferior product and not like the description and pictures. It is unraveling after a few weeks and the coloring is streaked. When it unravels it leaves holes in the rug.

jonathanc283
1/31/19

Their selection is rather spotty. I've bought from them several times and have had to contact their customer service team on occasion and have always had the best experience with it. They generally seem very enthusiastic and caring. They stopped selling home media/entertainment for awhile and now one of their marketplace sellers has filled that gap, although that market place seller's selection is about as unpredictable as Overstock's selection of electronic devices.

johnw1544
1/30/19

Bought a talking watch for my blind friend's Birthday. 3 people tried to set the watch and failed. Talking voice was hard to hear. Sent it back next day. Was charged tax and shipping to receive. Lost all, plus restocking fee. This is my first and last purchase from OverStock.

brucec217
1/28/19

Purchased a pricey Diane von Furstenberg Black Wool Wrap Coat from Overstock (vendor is KOTORE). This long coat is ridiculously tight in the shoulders, you gotta order two sizes larger than shown. Got a return authorization and shipped it back to seller who still has not issued the credit. Quite frustrating! A month later they refuse to credit my account forcing me to submit a chargeback request with my card issuer. OVERSTOCK DOES NOT HAVE CONSUMER RECOURSE OR OVERSIGHT OVER THESE UNETHICAL VENDORS! Buy elsewhere or get screwed like we did.

jayneh20
1/22/19

Had to try buying from Overstock once, but won't do it again.
First of all - my order wasn't even shipped until a few business days after our order was placed.
Spent over $200 for one King set of sheets and one Queen set of sheets.
Received 2 King Sets. Not going to argue with them about it - we'll use both sets on our King bed even though one isn't the right color for the room.
All I really wanted was for them to send what I ordered.

dinas43
1/19/19

DO NOT buy anything from Overstock. They try to nickel and dime you, horrible customer service, and their products are junk.

First of all, their prices are jacked up. I found the same coffee table I purchased on their site for about $50 cheaper and they don't price match.

They also sell damaged subpar good. I purchased a coffee table and the legs didn't screw in. When Hayneedle sent me crappy merchandise, they offered me a discount or to allow me to return it. Overstock reached out to the company who sold the item to get me some new parts then suggested I reach out to them myself. They told me that if I wanted to return it, I also had to contact the company that sold it. Overstock sold it to me so why I have to deal with a second company. Still haven't gotten an answer from the company over a week later.

I also purchased pillows which were a different color and completely different texture than shown in the phone on the website. After asking to speak to a manager, the manager agreed that the color was different and the texture was different. He then refused to give me a free return shipping label sighting that it was still the same item I purchased even though he agreed it was a different color and texture. He said, "It's still in the white family." Anyone who knows home decor knows that Ivory and white are two different colors. These people sent me an item wasn't what the picture looked like and proceeded to try and nickel and dime me for shipping costs.

UNREAL! Buy Amazon and save yourself the hassle. Their staff is rude and incompetent and does nothing to rectify the inconvenience and time they cost you.

tristanf14
1/18/19

This company will not last long. Their customer service is lost and inadequate. My order was blocked at first because they couldn't be bothered to call me to verify their own security checks. Then it took 6 weeks to ship. 4 fake shipment notifications. They had no idea where or when my order was going to ship. Very poor experience.

stacyh111
1/11/19

I ordered and received my 4 place setting dinnerware sets. When I opened the box one of the bowls was broken. Contacted customer service and sent picture of damaged goods. Overstock would not replace the bowl, leaving me with only 3 place settings. Overstock offered $10 as compensation. I told them to keep their $10. Bunch of clowns.
This was my first and LAST purchase from OVERSTOCK.
Highly recommend spending your money with another on line retailer.
BUYER BEWARE

Update: 1/30/19. Steve from Overstock contacted me and sent a replacement bowl. I am pleased with the company's response. I believe Overstock personnel saw this review I posted on Sitejabber and were persuaded to do the right thing. Big Thanks to both of these companies!!

kennethj19
1/9/19

UPDATE: 1/30/19
Overstock finally agreed to refund the original purchase price. I'm still waiting for it to clear with the credit card company, but at least they did the right thing.

ORIGINAL:
We purchased some Queen sheets on 12/17/2018 with a promised delivery of 12/20. The package was lost in shipment (somewhere between FedEx and USPS). Now 3 weeks later, we've repeatedly asked Overstock to cancel the order because the shipment is clearly lost. Overstock refuses and says they have to wait until its delivered before they will refund. So we're out the full cost because of their lost shipment. We have no idea when (or if) the package will be delivered. Avoid this company unless you enjoy frustration and pain.

437 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

I bought a rug that looked nothing like the picture. The colors were gaudy instead of the nice muted pallet shown in the picture. Overstock charged me half again as much to return it. I'll never buy from them again.

By susan A.

It varies. It usually is indicated at the order page

By Shay S.

They send it back to Overstock, call or Email them for a refund

By SHERRY B.

No. The "diamonds" fall out after a few times of wearing them.

By Adam L.

I've never had this problem. Their customer service is better than Amazon but i haven't interracted with them super recently so maybe theyve scaled back on the gravvy.

By Jonathan C.

In condition stated, i.e., new, reconditioned. I haven't made any returns but it doesn't seem to be hassle-free.

By Shay S.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.

No, call for a return label.

By Mathew B.
Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

Overstock.com?