Review of Overstock.com

hostmaster@overstock.com
2017 Customer choice award

debbier111
2/15/18

I ordered some curtains from Overstock. When they arrived they did not look like the picture in that the color was way off. They showed a muted print and the actual print was a stark white on teal. Very garish. I feel I should not have had to pay $16 to return these curtains due to this. I will not be ordering anything from Overstock again because of: 1. Cannot Email Customer Service 2. Charged return shipping for something that was not my fault.

jessical229
2/13/18

I purchased a 2 bedroom sets and 2 couches 6 months before I received it. I received my order and needless to say both bedroom set have damage. I have sent pictures into the warranty company with no response for days. Then out of the blue I get a email saying they will not fix the stuff since we didn't inspect it before the delivery men left. I have a warranty how are you not going to fix it?! Please leave from me do not buy from this company!

lv28
2/3/18

I've come up with some scary pop-ups on this website. I have a full pop-up blocker activated -- these even get through that. The kind that want to scan your computer or want you to call a toll-free number to "fix" a security issue. Making a note to myself to STAY AWAY from Overstock.com.

joycee21
1/23/18

THE COMPANY I'M REFERRING TO IS ACCESSORY OVERSTOCK NOT OVERSTOCK.COM. I ORDERED A WIRELESS CHARGER BACK IN DECEMBER AND HAVE YET TO RECEIVE IT. IT'S ASHAME HOW PEOPLE CAN RIP PEOPLE OFF. ONE DAY YOU WILL PAY.

jacqued1
1/8/18

I have made a purchase from this company on January 1,2017. I have received a transaction# for the amount of 62.86. not once have I received any notification on my product. I will contact Overstock and I will contact the BBB, this is horrible not one review has been good. This is my first and my last time ordering from Overstock. Jacque D.

shafiqula
1/5/18

I bought 2 plantronics headsets both were defective. I contacted the seller who emailed me RMA. I returned both the items but refunded my credit card for one item. I tried to contact them but no response. This company is a scam, mostly sells used/defective items. Beware before you buy anything from them.

williamh277
1/4/18

Ordered a ring o Dec 22nd was told would be shipped in 5 days. Two weeks later called because order still showed in processing. I was assured would be shipped next day only too get email two days later stating could not be shipped at this time and would cancel order in 30 days if could not be shipped at that time.

I am waiting on refund after I canceled order

karenl26
1/2/18

I had a horrible experience shopping here. They sent me a damaged item and then charged me for replacement parts. Customer service was the worst I have experienced.

brianb189
12/31/17

On 12/12/2017, I ordered a Marcato Atlas Red Stainless-Steel Biscuit Maker/Cookie Press from Overstock.com as a Christmas gift for my niece. Information on my Overstock.com account indicated that the order had been filled and purportedly shipped six days following the order, i.e., 12/18/2017. After this date, the only tracking information that I was ever to obtain from the Overstock.com and USPS websites was of the alleged shipping date. I never received any further tracking information from any source nor did I receive the ordered item. At this point, I contacted Overstock.com Customer Service numerous times to inquire about the lack of tracking information and the reason the item had not been received.

Several different Overstock.com Customer Service Representatives told me that the information about my order would be forwarded to the appropriate department for follow-up on the tracking information and missing item. No Overstock.com employee ever contacted regarding any actions taken in attempts to locate the missing item after my complaints. Then, information listed on this order on Overstock.com account showed that a return of the order had been initiated on two occasions followed by a cancellation of the order. I never requested that a return, refund, or cancellation be done for this order. This was done without any Overstock.com Customer Service Representative contacting me by e-mail or telephone to provide an explanation on the actions taken.

An Overstock.com Board of Directors Representative informed me that another item had been "set aside" in case the item that I ordered was not located. I never received the item despite another one being set aside for me. Even though the website indicated the item was in stock, my account being billed, and the item allegedly shipped to me, I was informed that Overstock.com had made a mistake with my order. For some odd reason, the order was fulfilled and shipped but it was out-of-stock at the time of the order. Despite speaking with four different Overstock.com Customer Service Representatives on Live Chat and a Board of Directors representative via e-mail, not one of them discovered nor informed me that the order was out-of-stock when placed. I have never encountered such apathy and incompetence from any of the numerous websites in which I have spent thousands of dollars.

Tip for consumers: Never use Overstock.com to order any item.

michaelp366
12/29/17

Ordered my daughter's mattress set on December 6 and finally having it delivered on January 5. It took one month because the delivery company, MXD, kept calling my work phone after business hours. When I would call MXD back and the phone number provided, I would get an automated response and then get cut off. I had to contact Overstock at least 6 times (after getting nowhere with MXD) and was completely frustrated at the lack of customer service and inability to fix a simple problem. Their "customer service specialists" and managers are useless! I was happy to take delivery of my purchase but could not get through to schedule delivery.

In the mean time, I ordered another bed through Amazon after I placed the above order and received it a week later with no problems.

tracyc139
12/27/17

I made the mistake of ordering a chair from Overstock for my son for Christmas. I ordered the chair on December 12th. Please note its not a cheap chair it is a $428.99 Big & Tall office chair.

It arrived in a damaged box with a broken part. Ive been trying for over 10 days to get a resolution. I have emailed. I have called. I have chatted online. I have sent pictures. I was even promised by a customer service agent at Overstock that the person responsible for the relationship between Overstock and the vendor Clickhere2shop would step in and ensure this was resolved.

The best offer I have received is that I should ship the chair back at my expense, pay the 20% restocking fee and get a credit for the balance.

For a BROKEN chair.

lisaf185
12/27/17

Love that they send out discount emails occasionally, free shipping and a HUGE selection of items(ANYTHING) you could need to decorate or update your home.
They only need to work on the ease of using the website. They did not have an option to save your "favorites" for a long time, I like to shop tentatively and then look at everything I "earmarked" and compare prices, stats etc., before I make the purchase. It is hard to make a final choice if you cannot see all options in one section. I believe they may have fixed this recently though.

dariad
12/26/17

Recently I bought a huge coffee table from overstock. Once I assembled it I realized there was bunch of dried on glue in one corner. It was visible and really ugly. I called overstock to see what could be done. They offered many options. Replacing the piece where the glue was, or the whole coffee table or sending the table back for a full refund. They made it super easy to return the table. They even covered the shipping cost back. I've bought many things over the years via overstock and never had any issues, I'm happy to know that if I ever do need their help, that they actually will help.

nonat4
12/21/17

BUYERS BEWARE - You need to away from Overstock - Shop HAYNEEDLE or AMAZON. I ordered product. It was never shipped. All they had done was send USPS the shipping label. After 10 days, I contacted both Overstock and the Marketplace seller to find out what the issue was and let them know that I couldn't wait another 10 days to receive as the product was a gift. They said it had shipped. I said it had not based on USPS. They said to reject the delivery which of course with USPS comes to a box so it can't be rejected and to cancel the order as it had not shipped. The order wasn't sent in a timely manner and not to ship it out. I cancelled at 7:00 a.m. CST and they shipped the product that afternoon and it was received 10 days later. Thee Marketplace seller shipped it after the cancellation request. told Overstock they shipped it before. Overstock to date hasn't researched the paper trail to verify it was shipped after the cancellation request . Now OVERSTOCK is wanting to charge me for returning the product and a restocking fee and shipping charge to send it back. When you shop their website they are the seller on some items, but most sellers are what they call Market Place Sellers and they are not good. I won't be ordering from them ever again.

laceyn1
12/5/17

I was really excited to order my new bed on Black Friday. Loved the sale price for what I was getting. Unfortunately for me, I will never see that bed. My bed is "unable to locate" and also out of stock now. I am moving into a small studio so needed a storage bed for practicality. Since my bed is out of stock and unable to locate they can only match the sale price I paid. The problem with this is they do not have anything in stock now and told me I need to pay upfront for another bed (after already paying for one that was lost). Their customer service is one of the most unprofessional, unreliable, and very quick to tell me it was not Overstock's fault. Every time I spoke to someone different, they told me something different. At the end of the day, I am left paying more than double what was planned and will not have a bed for 3-4 weeks. That is assuming the bed is delivered this time.

patp55
12/3/17

Placed an order on Nov 19, 2017 and on Nov 29, still no tracking available, so contacted customer service & I was told that 2 days later I will have tracking information or if not tracked then a new order will be sent out. Well, 2 days later and another chat to customer service I was told the same thing again except it would be by end of day would receive e-mail with information or resend with tracking number. Ok now over one week of attempting to locate my order and still not heard anything from overstock or where my order has been sent. Will not deal with this company again.

tishab4
12/3/17

I just cant stop writing. It is that excellent customer service again!!! This is an excellent company.Thank you.

ivym26
12/1/17

I order a blue sapphire accent right. It was described on the site as blue sapphire and the picture they advertised was the same. When I received the ring the stones were black not a hint of blue. when I called to question the customer service rep, she put me on hold. Then came back to tell me that sapphires can be so dark they look almost black. That's false advertisement, because that was not in the description nor the picture. I have several pieces of blue sapphire jewelry and they are all genuine blue sapphire. Will never order again.....everrrrrr!!!

todda5
11/22/17

This is a joke. I can buy every product cheaper than at Overstock.com. Do not think you are getting a deal.

timg106
11/22/17

As long as you don't need any customer service whatsoever you'll be fine. Some of the dumbest, laziest employees I've ever encountered.

suzyh5
11/16/17

I bought a rug for $39 and it cost me $21 to return it!!!!! Horrible return policy. The same rug was on Amazon and with Prime I could get it shipped free and return free. Don't buy from Overstock unless you check with Amazon first. Very disappointed.

kaylam52
11/11/17

I ordered a daybed on overstock on November 3rd 2017, when I ordered it stated that the item would be shipped out and be at my house within the next week. I did online chat with customer service after the item was still "processing" after 5 days (November 8th 2017), and they said that it should be shipped out that day or the next. Once it still wasn't shipped out I again did an online chat with them on November 9th, and again they said that it should be shipped out but that they would check with their warehouse. I received a voicemail on the 10th around 11am stating that it would be shipped out on November 15th because they were out of stock on part of the bed. I called back around 12 in the afternoon to confirm that for 100% sure it would be shipped out then, and they reassured me that it would. Then around 4pm I got an email from Overstock stating that they cancelled my order. When I called back again to talk to a customer service representative she was short and just kept saying "Well it was our warehouse that cancelled the order there's nothing that I can do for you until Monday". I expressed my frustration and told her that I had been waiting for the bed to ship already and that it showed that it was in stock at the time of my purchase. I went ahead and ordered from a different company and will never order from Overstock.com again. Very unpleasant experience, and the customer service didn't even act like it was a big deal.

erics262
11/8/17

Two items ordered with two being delivered from the manufacturer.2 phone call to customer service with one telling the truth & on other avoiding my questions. Timex watch delivered two days later. Furehaven pet bed delivered 8 days latter but only after I call but shipped only after I called.

aimeep8
11/2/17

I ordered a piece of art for a gift. Within 15 minutes I realized I ordered the wrong print and tried to cancel online. I wasn't able to so I contacted Overstock via chat. I was ASSURED that because it didn't ship that I could order the correct print and the original order would be canceled. The service rep named Cooper wrote: "No need to worry your item is not yet shipped it will be cancelled." Based on the chat up to that point I wasn't confident that would happen. So I logged in today and what do you know? It shipped. Good thing I didn't order the other print yet. So I started a new chat. They said they will "try" to reroute the package. I'm willing to bet it will be delivered. Then I have to deal with the hassle of returning, and I'm sure they will try charge the return shipping to me even though I've been told I won't have to pay. A note to Overstock Management - as a customer I would like a DEFINITIVE answer if it's canceled - not "we will talk to shipping" or "it will take a couple of days to confirm" or "we will TRY to reroute." I don't want to be told that I "don't have to worry" and then the exact opposite of what I was told happens. I fully expect the package will be delivered. And that I will have to deal with the hassle of sending back the package. Needless to say, I won't be ordering from Overstock.com again. I've had nothing but good experiences with other comparable online companies. I will be ordering the right print from one of them.

johnh792
10/30/17

I recently ordered a wooden computer desk with hutch from Overstock. It is indeed as pictured and described. It is nice piece of furniture (at over $1000 I was hesitant with to order.) It exceeded our expectation and we're pleased with the desk/hutch combo.

That being said there was some minor 'assembly required' and no instructions. I say that not because it was a problem but because if you didn't have a drill and screw driver some mechanical intuition you might not install the small brackets to secure the hutch to the desk. Drilling a small pilot hole for the screws will help prevent splitting the wood when you attach the bracket.

The only problems were with the delivery service - first, it uses a robo call to schedule delivery (not a live person.) Our call screening blocks robo calls so we missed the first couple attempts to schedule the delivery. It was only when I reviewed the caller id log at the end of the week and looked up the new blocked call numbers on the internet that I saw the delivery service was calling. The second problem was with the delivery itself. Overstock's site was very clear that free delivery was to the door and I paid extra for to the room and unpacking. When the shipment arrived I was informed that it only included door delivery but they'll do extra for tips. Whoa, I didn't appreciate having to explain to the delivery person that I had already paid extra. They delivered into the room but I gave them a pass on unpacking - with the desk and the hutch it got rather tight and would have been better unpacked before being brought in.

Historically, our local businesses have been more concerned with good customer service. I for one like good customer service and will have to think real hard about ordering big items over the internet.

436 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y. [Overstock.com Rep]

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S. [Overstock.com Rep]

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N. [Overstock.com Rep]

No. I ordered memory foam that shows that famous hand imprint that usually stays long enough to see it. Well, the cheap stuff they sent me could not even show it for a millisecond! VERY CHEAP FOAM...

By Bob D. [Overstock.com Rep]

all I can say is, after i ordered the tracking number told me 31 days. Really, now they will not answer my repeated requests for a return label.

By Kat K. [Overstock.com Rep]

No, call for a return label.

By Mathew B. [Overstock.com Rep]

Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Overstock.com