Review of Overstock.com

customercare@overstock.com
2018 Customer choice award

shirleea
7/13/19

I use to love this site but since they use FEDEX the delivery service is poor. They threw my carpet on the front of the apartment building where there is heavy traffic. They had entrance but did not use it. SMH I had to drag it off the porch and down the steps. Never had this problem with UPS. FedEx drivers are lazy

stephenc363
7/11/19

Horrible Horrible Customer Service!!!!!!

Two weeks had gone by since I placed my order trying to find out where my orders were. They had no idea!!!!!! It took three phone calls to find someone who was willing to at least look for it and it shipped the next day but from 6 different warehouses. Now it is going to take another week for my orders to arrive one piece at a time!!!!

ls295
7/8/19

I ordered an outdoor rug, it was available, my account was charged - order showed an estimated delivery date - never arrived - they canceled the order - got an email a few weeks later - we have your rug back in stock, SOOOO I order it again - guess what - a few days later, same thing - email: problem at the warehouse, don't have the item and are canceling again - they advertise and tell the public they don't sell overstocked goods, just goods at overstocked prices - I call BS!

sophiaa54
7/6/19

Sent me a coupon and didn't let me use it. I read the fine print and I was able to use it on the item I was purchasing. It wasn't expired (purchased on the 6th of July and coupon expires on the 31st)
Tried multiple times putting the code in even tried on the gift card spot too but nothing.

shishirm2
7/5/19

Recently, I bought four bed sheets and 2 rugs from overstock. The products just arrived and I felt the quality of the products are satisfactory. I find the customer service quiet laudable and helpful.

tammys270
6/30/19

I recently made a large purchase via Overstock.com. This was my first "big ticket" experience with them, having only ever used them once before for a small gift. I ordered a full King bed set including mattress, box spring, headboard/foot-board with railing, sheet set and mattress cover. First of all, a few days after I placed my order, a customer service agent contacted me to verify my billing address (we moved to last fall) and I confirmed that address I had on the order was correct. Several days after that, I received two communications that one of my orders had just been delivered TO THE OLD ADDRESS! I did make sure my new address was on the order when I did it on my phone, but somehow, it defaulted to our old address evidently. I immediately picked up the phone to call and let them know that it was the wrong address and there was a second item scheduled to be delivered later that day, so I wanted to avoid that as well. They seemed very confused, trying to find fault in my ordering process rather than being interested in catching the shipments and re-routing to the correct address, and I started receiving email and text dings telling me my items were delivered TO THE WRONG ADDRESS! I reached out to them in every feasible manner to make sure they corrected this and was told, after hearing different stories from three different agents, that this person was going to take care of it and follow up with me personally - I never heard back from her. I continued to check my shipment schedules (because, of course all five items had to ship/arrive separately), and no changes were made to my delivery address. I continued to call and try to follow up and eventually, items were re-routed to me and my shipping address. I'll save the painstaking details of the relentless constant attempts by me to make sure there were no more mishaps, but again, every time I called customer service or texted them, I seemed to get someone who tried to give me a 'pat' answer and I had to ask them to please read the account notes before responding. Weeks went by and I wasn't getting updates, so eventually someone named "Stefanie" started responding via email to try to give me some kind of update - but they could not provide information on the bed furniture as it was a large item (obviously being shipped from China or another country). I tried to contact the shipper and for weeks, got an information unavailable page - until finally I read that it was supposed to arrive at the local port (about an hour from us) and then I'd heard from someone to get delivery scheduled - needless to say, I did not hear any thing. I continued to contact the shipper, who eventually ended with Schneider Trucking, and as of a few days ago, I got my furniture. I ordered these items at the end of May and it took a month to get all five items. I have no problem with the actual items, for the most part, but I will never, EVER use Overstock.com again under any circumstances. Their customer service was far lacking in their ability to appropriately handle this situation and then the shipping companies that they used were inept as well.

I know a lot of people swear by and have had good experiences with Overstock.com and to that I can only say, you were/are lucky. I hope no one ever has to experience what I went through when placing an order. I learned several things during this experience and will probably think very hard before making a large purchase such as this online. I thought I would take advantage of some Memorial day sales, little did I know it was not worth the frustration.

Tip for consumers: Don't order big ticket items from Overstock.com unless you're willing to sacrifice good customer service and risk potential shipping issues.

eval75
6/25/19

I usually do a search when there is something I want to buy and Overstock tends to be more expensive along with other sites. I think there has only been 2 items that I have purchased here that I got a better deal on but most of the time not.

lisat400
6/25/19

In May 2019, I ordered over $3,000 worth of home furnishings. Some arrived as promised. A set of nesting tables was damaged, which they replaced. The trouble was with a decorative table that did not arrive on the day they promised (in confirmation email). That same day, I received a call from what I learned was a scammer using a FEDEX number (appeared on my phone a FEDEX) confirming "lack of delivery" and asking me to call FEDEX to file an insurance claim. When I called the real FEDEX (using number on website, because the original caller did not provide any info) the FEDEX employee said that the number I gave them from my caller ID (which said FEDEX) was not affiliated and was a scam. They began fraud procedures on their end and asked that I contact Overstock.

I immediately called Overstock to alert them to the scam delivery company - their records indicated that it had indeed been delivered to my residence. After a lengthy conversation, they said they would file a fraud claim and resend the piece of furniture. No email was sent to confirm this call transaction.

Randomly, an email was sent a week later cancelling my order and it indicated that I would receive a refund. 12 Days after this email, I never received a refund (nor was the table delivered).

On Day 13 after the cancellation email (and 1 MONTH after the order was placed), I called Overstock Customer Service. They seemed deeply confused by the problem and lack of shipping confirmation. I was on hold while the unhelpful lady tried to figure out what to do (which she explained to me in a way which suggests it was too complicated for her to fully grasp). At this point, I articulated that the only solution was a refund, which she claimed will take about 3 - 5 business days. I have no confidence that the woman on the phone will be able to handle the refund and will probably have to resolve the situation by filing a dispute with my credit card for that portion of the charge.

I'm left with the distinct impression that they use disreputable shipping "partners" in the U.S. instead of the more expensive FEDEX/UPS.

I will NEVER use Overstock again because of their terrible practices and lack of skill and accountability of those employees in customer service.

helinah1
6/24/19

I have shopped for furniture on many online websites and this is the worst and I would not recommend anyone to purchase here. This mattress popped up as a mattress and box spring set when I searched for set on the website. Up until today when I write this review, the product description says "Mattress & Boxspring Sets". Before purchasing, I asked the online chat (who claimed to be a real person) and she said this was a set. So I ordered. But I only received the mattress. (The mattress is OK, I don't have any problems with is so far. ) I talked to customer service via online chat and text; both admitted that the sent an incomplete order and tried to schedule for a return for me. I also talked to customer service over the phone. She told me to not trust the online chat because "they are robots/AI" - then isn't this a false information when I asked the chat if she was a real person and she said she was? The customer service lady also told me that she saw the product description says that is indeed a set (mattress and box) but also in the Q&A someone asked about the same questions. First of all, that question was asked and answered in August 2018 and it is June 2019 now. Second, shouldn't the product description be the authority compared to an outdated Q&A? Third, I did check with customer service on the product information before purchasing. At the end of the day, their answer to my issue is that the product description is wrong. What I ordered was only the mattress and there is nothing they can do about it. I can return it for $restocking fee though- Overstock even sent me an email instructing the return titling "incomplete order" admitting they didn't send me the complete order. Why am I being punished for their mistake of incorrect product description and extremely sub-par online customer service?

allisonb134
6/22/19

I ordered two rugs and four curtains from Overstock recently. All of the items were poor quality - wrinkled, fraying, thin - you name it. The worst part of this experience, though, was what I was charged to return each item. I wound up paying over $80 for nothing and dealing with their customer service was horrific. Slow, couldn't understand me, and dishonest. They tried to charge me a pickup fee for both rugs, despite UPS' site saying they charge per pick-up, not per item. They will pick up all items in a single pick-up. Stay away! I know I will.

maer17
6/16/19

This product just arrived! So excited about this assistant bar for my husband to help him get himself up out of the bed. This bar was recommended by his Parkinson's trainer. Excellent idea.

susanr472
6/16/19

Overstock sent a $200 rug to the wrong address. When I tried to explain to them that it was their fault they informed me that I needed to contact Fed Ex regarding this expensive item that already had been delivered to someone else. Amazon would have replaced the item immediately. Live and learn. I will NEVER buy from Overstock.com again. LOUSY customer service!!!!!

stevenh522
6/14/19

We ordered a patio set THREE WEEKS AGO from Overstock.com because the prices were fair and they offer free shipping. What they don't offer in transparency into shipping and delivery. Three weeks after we ordered we find out our order is with some mom & pop type shipping company out of state that is "trying" to deliver it. It's been three days now and multiple calls to Overstock with no resolution. Free shipping is a 100% trap I would have paid $150 to have it shipped in one week considering the size of the set.

lynnel57
6/12/19

I had an Overstock.com credit card until I closed it 6+ months ago. 75 % + I ordered something I had some kind of problem..whether it was "stolen" or arrived in boxes damaged or damaged items or looked very different than what I ordered. Even after calling and had something replaced that item was stolen or never arrived...so, I close my account and continue to make payments until I pay off the balance June 7, 2019. I called received the full amount of payoff made payment.. Goodbye. Good riddens. It was processed by our bank
Then, on June 11, 2019 I receive an email stating I owed 60.00..mmmm...strange..so I call the bank associated with Overstock.com. The rep was nice HOWEVER in speaking to her she said the payment was due on June 3 2019 and that was a "late fee"...it gets worse .on their part. She said "by law once an account has been closed we cannot go back Into it to make any changes"..."otherwise I would provide a courtesy and remove it".
Okay..the account was CLOSED AND PAID OFF IN FULL JUNE 7, 2019 so how am getting a late fee on JUNE 11, 2019 even after my payoff was processed with my bank by then arrive IF THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO GO BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT.. SHE TOLD ME IT WAS AGAINST THE LAW SO THEY JUST BROKE THE LAW.
I believe this is bull**** and a scam. They pretty much bagged themselves on the phone. I replied to customer service that I would NOT be paying this as my account was paid off processed & closed when they contacted me on June 11 2019.
I did business with Overstock.com for many years and had way too many problems.
Buyer beware..
Thank you.

sarahc530
5/31/19

I applied for an Overstock credit card based on a 24 month zero interest promotional offer. I opened the credit card account and purchased furniture using this promotion. However, my first statement included a 25% interest rate if I didn't pay the entire purchase amount in full. When I contacted both Overstock and the credit card company, they just said there is no promotion associated with my account and could not give me the financing which I was eligible for. I opened a credit card for no reason; I paid off the full balance and closed the account. I will never shop with Overstock again.

roberts1877
5/30/19

I ordered 2 items from overstock, then 2 hours later tried to cancel. Then they told me it was too late since it was transmitted to the whorehouse. They told me to call back when I receive the 2 items and set up a return. I called today and they are charging me $81.00 to return the items I did not want in the first place. I would never buy from them again since they are thieves.

billiem35
5/28/19

I purchased a rug from overstock and wanted to return the item. Went on line and put in the return. I received a phone call stating I could not ship the item myself. i had to pay them $103.00 to use their company to ship the item back. I will never use this company again.

anonymousr467
5/21/19

I recently purchased (30 Day Trial) of Club O, enticed by the free returns and price match (the rewards and coupons are secondary as even with the discounts, Amazon and other vendors are cheaper).

Pricematch - Sure, they will price match Amazon, but only if Amazon fulfills (read the fine print)

Free Returns - Only for credit and if you try to have them intercept, they state "UPS will charge us $22 per pox).

Wrap-up - not worth the $20 a month if you already have an amazon account which most of us do for streaming and 2 day shipping. Save your $$

beths240
5/9/19

em:
I have a Club O Membership which offers free returns. I recently purchased an item on the Overstock website that listed as a "marketplace Seller". I was able to use my Club O reward dollars on the purchase as well as earning Club O points in the purchase. It was shipped for free per the terms of my Club O Membership. But when I went to return the item, I was told that I would be charged a 50% restocking fee as well as the shopping cost. After 3 hours and 4 customer service agents I was told that due to being a 3rd party vendor my membership doesn't apply so no free return for me! What?? My membership applied to every other aspect of the purchase and there is absolutely NO disclaimer stating that Club O Memberships are not valid on Marketplace vendors purchases. When I spoke to Curtis, Dominique, Donna and Naomi, I was also told that "you should have known" and "your points are absolutely not applied (which they were" and " nothing we can do". I asked all of them to pointt out any terms and conditions that listed this caveat to the membership and not one of them could direct me to it. Then it was back to "you should have known". I truly believe that this is a bait and switch and I am wondering if there is a class action out there because certainly it is affecting others. I have filed with the Attorney General as well. Overstock.com's customer service truly lags behind the industry standard. When I mentioned to one of the agents that my Amazon Prime membership covers outside vendors they stated "we're not Amazon". I can attest to that. Save yourself the trouble and go with another company. These guys are truly substandard.

mattb352
5/7/19

Ordered a few items online. They never arrived, but was told by customer service there was nothing they could do to assist. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I am out almost $200 until my bank gets the money back. Which by the way can take up to 6 months!

markh832
4/26/19

horrible customer service . It took 3 months for my order to come in and product was a joke and now I can't return for a refund cause if you order from the site no returns or refunds. I will tell everyone of the scam they are running.

Mark Hawkins

elizabethb513
4/9/19

The delivery period is much longer than told
You don't get all of your items in one delivery one today maybe another the next day If your lucky
God forbid you move not only does it take twice as long but your items never get delivered to your current address
However they know where to send the bill every month!!
Horrible, unprofessional, unpredictable , careless lazy service!!! Not happy not impressed with overstock I have a very large credit line with you however that will be no longer!!! I'll shop somewhere else

gaylem78
4/8/19

I have been ordering through overstock since last 2018 and have enjoyed their service for two reasons: My items arrived safely and without damage, second, they prompt you when your order has been placed and when it is being shipped out. Last March 28 at 11:05am PT, I ordered an item. I reached out to customer service on the same day at 12:14PMPT. He/She said she/ he will try to stop the shipment and that someone will reach out to me after 1-2 business days. On March 29, at 6:09amPT, I received a message saying the item has been shipped. From the time I made a request, no one reached out to me for any follow throughs. On the same day at 6: 23am PT or 14 mins later, I reached out to customer service again and told them I cancelled the item. I also sent the photos of text history to the representative. The representative apologized and said he/she sent an email requesting to contact UPS to cancel the delivery of the item. April 3 at 5:05pmPT, I received a message that items were delivered. It is so disappointing how there were no follow through or updates and I get charged $50+ to return the item. It's not rocket science to be in a customer service position and not be able to efficiently handle an issue from start to finish. They were satisfied with the fact that they were able to make the request and not care what goes on after. Not even a courtesy message or call to let me know that the warehouse or UPS cannot do anything about the cancellation of shipment and delivery.

abrahamm56
4/4/19

I really don't understand how overstock is in business There are no customer service No communication within overstock from one Department to the other and from customer service to the warehouse Every single representative gives you the wrong information After 4 days Of ordering 4 days later they let you know that it the item is out of stock What a weird company and weird people run the company Would not recommend you To deal with overstock even though they might be cheaper On certain items Save yourself the aggravation It doesn't paid

jessicad265
4/4/19

I applied for credit based on 24 months interest free financing. When l questioned why l was being charged interest they tell me there was no such offer.

437 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

I bought a rug that looked nothing like the picture. The colors were gaudy instead of the nice muted pallet shown in the picture. Overstock charged me half again as much to return it. I'll never buy from them again.

By susan A.

It varies. It usually is indicated at the order page

By Shay S.

They send it back to Overstock, call or Email them for a refund

By SHERRY B.

The main store is located in Midvale, Utah. They must have warehouses all over the country however some places won't let you due to liability depending how big the package is. It's worth the phone call and a bit if googling. Overstock does mainly online ordering & shipoing so picking up your order may decrease the work load of their employees of their delivery folks so that's lost wages for them. Good luck

By Lynne L.

No. The "diamonds" fall out after a few times of wearing them.

By Adam L.

Because the website is a scam. They take your order and then do not deliver it.

By Matt B.

I've never had this problem. Their customer service is better than Amazon but i haven't interracted with them super recently so maybe theyve scaled back on the gravvy.

By Jonathan C.

In condition stated, i.e., new, reconditioned. I haven't made any returns but it doesn't seem to be hassle-free.

By Shay S.
Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

Overstock.com?