Review of Overstock.com

customercare@overstock.com
2018 Customer choice award

karaw33
12/11/18

I purchased a mattress through Overstock.com I was delivered the wrong mattress on December 8th 2018. I have been jostled around by everyone about my purchase. This company is a scam! The mattress I received was not only the wrong item, but was also not even manufactured by Serta. The mattress was poorly made and flimsy. Overstock customer service tells me they only directly deal with Serta and not a third party company, yet this is not true. I was told it would take a few days to get the process going to pick up the wrong mattress they sent, yet when contacting Overstock again, they say to me they have no item such as a "Serta Gabbert" and asked for me to send pictures via email to "verify the mattress came from them" after sending the email and not hearing back, I called once again to verify they received my email of the pictures. Shawna told me she didn't receive anything and had me send the pictures through text. I received a text back saying I will now have to wait another 1-2 business days before I hear back from them. I will not be getting my money back until the mattress is picked up. I am disgusted in the way this is being handled! This is the worst company I have ever purchased from. I will still have to go and buy a mattress for my daughter from a reputable company before Christmas, as this was one of her presents. Upon trying to speak with a supervisor, I am told they are busy and will call me back. With the way things have been handled this far, I doubt I will get that call. Do NOT purchase from Overstock!

susanb734
12/8/18

Overstock lied to the customer. Here are the problems:
1. Placed order on Nov 26
2. Got shipping confirmation on Nov 28.
3. UPS tracking number is continue shown waiting for package but overstock shown that my order will arrive on Dec 3.
4. Called customer service on Dec 4 but nothing happen (they said they will investigate).
5. Called customer service on Dec 6 but nothing happen (they said they will ship the replacement in couple days).
6. Called customer service on Dec 8. They said my replacement will ship on Dec 20.

Wow! Unbelievable! After I talked with the supervisor, I figured out that the manufacture does not have item in stock. This is not a make by order product. I canceled my order and will not shop at overstock again. I expect a full refund from overstock.

maryc805
Mary C.
12/3/18

My first order with Overstock.com and the LAST one ever. I ordered the 'Zone Tech Grey Sheepskin Shoulder Strap Seat Belt Covers (Set of 2)'. This does say SHEEPSKIN right? It is not sheepskin or leather, just a poor imitation fur and priced at twice what it should be. Really unhappy. I did not know they could and would, out and out, lie about their products.

susana334
12/3/18

I ordered a Moroccan style rug which was pictured with nice soft colors. What came was a poorly made carpet in gaudy colors. The rug cost $50 but it cost $26 to return it! Even though the quality was unacceptable, Overstock wouldn't accommodate a return with a more reasonable price. I've ordered from them before and received barely acceptable quality of merchandise so I'm done with overstock.com.

loiso7
11/19/18

I ordered Safavieh courture side tables and got Lauren rugs. Four times, I returned the rugs and hoped they would send the tables.
Though I sent the unordered rugs back and never received the tables, Overstock is charging for the rugs. They are guilty of false advertising and charging for items not ordered.
I am a long-time customer and this was my first bad encounter. I could never recommend Overstock to anyone now because of this horrible experience. Not only are they attempting to extort me, the time involved in trying to remedy this has been horrendous. The picture below shows the tables advertised@$48.99. They sent me Dafne Lauren white rugs instead.

oliviaw64
11/17/18

This site provides nice items for loyal prices.
Recently I bought the doll house for my god daughter.
She just loved that one. And I was pleased with a good service, I got my order on time.

jamies266
11/13/18

I ordered some patio chairs and then changed my mind. I cancelled the order while the status still said "processing". Overstock's return policy states that a full refund will be issued if the order has not been processed. They are now trying to charge a restocking fee of $111.00 because they say I refused delivery of the item. They were never delivered to me. This is completely untrue! I disputed the charge with my credit card and they are saying that overstock provided a tracking number showing that they were delivered and I refused the delivery. They had to have manufactured this because it is completely untrue. I will never order anything from Overstock again.

davidr1059
10/24/18

Ordered ink cartridges for Cannon printer and a drum for my Brother printer.EVERYTHING was defective. Won't do anything for the cartridges "company policy", will replace drum after I send the one I'm using back and wait for the replacement to arrive. It'll probably be bad as well so why bother?? Very lame. I might as well have thrown my money into the trash which is what I'll have to do with their products. Won't happen again.

mustardp
10/16/18

Ordered a ring and they deliberately sent me the wrong item and are now refusing to acknowledge the fact I sent it straight back. Huge scam website, don't shop here.

jeffreyn20
10/10/18

I bought a computer from a seller(Advanced Skyline Technology) on Overstock.com. The pc arrived on Saturday but when I turned it on the power button flashed red 4 times and the pc beeped 4 times. Nothing on the screen just the 4 flash/Beep pattern. I emailed the Seller on the same Saturday, no response 2 days later. So I emailed Overstock Customer Service and I get a reply how they take this seriously and they will get the Seller to contact me. 3 days after that and still no response from the Seller or Overstock's Customer Service. I put in for a return and was told I would have to wait for approval. Seriously? You send a pc that does not work and my return has to be approved. I would avoid Overstock and Advanced Skyline Technology at all cost. Clearly Overstock is not about the Customer Experience. Try Amazon, Best Buy, Target anything but Overstock.

carolined62
10/8/18

Overstock.com. DON'T SHOP AT OVERSTOCK DOT COM!!! They scammed me!
I ordered a queen bed and within less than an hour, I requested an online cancellation ( which was available at the time). One second after I click cancel order, they changed the status of the order to Processing. I contacted customer service support and explained the issue, they said that they couldn't cancelled it because the order was already on the processing status (warehouse).
It didn't make sense that you can not cancel an order within less than an hour for an overstock website error. The reason for cancellation was that the photo of the item didn't represent it correctly and Items were not correctly described online. I noticed this, after I read the reviews from the customers that bought previously the item.

I keep contacting them for cancellation, they really have very poor customer service support. After more than 15 calls, one of the representatives at overstock told me that even that the Items weren't shipped and won't be shipped until later time the reason they couldn't cancel is that the seller partner do not accept cancellations at anytime. Even when the cancellation of the item is a result of an Overstock.com error in the item description.
This is clear that they are trying to defraud people.
I ordered the cancellation within a reasonable timeframe (less than an hour after the order was put in place), in order to prevent shipment. They told me that I need to receive the item and later try to return it, which will result in excessive shipping charges into my credit card.
Bottom line, overstock.com are scammers! Trying to defraud clients with tricks. Go away from their website. I love to buy online, but never never will buy from overstock.com.

shelleyb77
9/20/18

BEWARE if you return an item from Canada you will need to get back the duty from the government which is near impossible. If you return an item because of buyers remorse you pay the shipping and insurance. The entire ordeal cost be $100.00 in my losses. Overstock.ca switched me to Overstock.com and I was unaware I was on a U.S. website. The merchandise was of good quality and it arrived quickly but very frustrating. I'm waiting to see if they credit my account for the cost of the curtains and tax.

ruthc128
9/18/18

Overstock advertises the Kazak Rugs as original, handmade, wool. They are machined made! Beware!! It is a scam.

vaguef
9/10/18

Overstock will ream you on their card. I was hit unexpectedly with an 'expired promotion discount' today for over $500 on only a $2000 balance. Do NOT use their card as it's cleverly disguised robbery!

andream298
9/8/18

Be very careful. I've been following a carpet. The prices have ranged from 105 to 175. And customer service says, "Sorry marketing sets the prices so I can't help you." I requested a call from someone in marketing or higher, nothing.

These were not on sale prices. These were the regular prices. So if you shop with them, be careful.

barryk56
9/5/18

I bought a table from Overstock for $348 and a few weeks later its on sale for $288. The first person said they wouldn't refund the difference after a certain amount of time but it took 5 weeks to order it and I've only had it two weeks. The second person said they don't refund the difference at all. The table is also made with really soft wood. I wrote on a piece of paper and it completely transferred to make indents of the words.

cymak
9/4/18

I began shopping Overstock for many years. They have everything imaginable. for self and home. Designer Brands and great shipping. Prices can be terrific compared to retail but you have to shop around. I think that the prices were better a few years ago.

rebeccab326
9/4/18

I purchased a product from Overstock.com called "Hanes Jumbo Pillows Set of 4." The picture shows four extremely large, fluffy pillows. Total crap! The pillows are tiny and flat. I called to return them and they said I had to pay the shipping costs, even though they were shipped to me for free because I spent over $50. One box cost me $20 to return, and I had to return two boxes. Forty dollars down the drain! Will NEVER PURCHASE FROM OVERSTOCK.COM AGAIN.

ah168
8/31/18

I purchased a floor lamp from Overstock.com. There price was very good. They gave me another 15% discount and shipped the material on the specified date. The communication thru text messages also worked very well. I really liked this company and will make future purchases. I highly recommend this company.

ericp108
8/26/18

I haven't had to many problems with overstock once they couldn't tell me what happened to my watch but did send a better more expensive one recently I just sent a defective watch back it's been 5 days since they received it and no credit applied to my store card I think they're slow there probably playing with watch to see it was a arikbos 67.00 watch the other 5 items are ok but they were small items I did buy 5 yrs ago a 4 inch mattress topper it's still in good shape so . If they drag there feet dispute the charge or if they try to screw me I tell them what to do with there store card.

donv32
8/26/18

Worst company ever, mantra involves believing in conspiracy theories. No star. they lost a 1.2 m suit

glories1
8/25/18

I live in Vail Colorado wherein we have post office boxes. When ordering from Overstock it would not deliver to a P.O. Box so asked for a street address. The delivery method was Fed Ex so it was to be delivered to my house. It took 10 days to get the shipment and I received an e.mail that it had been delivered to my home address yet nothing had been delivered When I called overstock they said that Fedex saves money by delivering to the post office. The post office they delivered to is not my post office so the order was returned. I spoke with Overstock and they could have made it right by overnighting the order delivering it to my street address. When I asked the customer service agent said they would issue a refund. I would never order from them again.

thomasy40
8/17/18

I saw ottoman chair with cow hides, they have the price for $125. When i tey to check out, price keep changing. I contacted them but they have ni answers, i have put a complain to BBB.

alids
8/16/18

Got some very good deals there and shipping is always fast. Sometimes it takes support a little too long to reply though.

doreeni5
8/13/18

when you try to place an order, you will receive pop ups for discounts if you order now......"first order save 12%", etc. Well, when you try to use this discounts, nothing is eligible as everything is on sale. So, it is just a ploy to get you to order. I received a 12% moving coupon from the post office when I changed my address. It was offering a discount after i open a charge card and use it on my order. I did that and then could not get anyone to help me apply the discount. Because they already were giving me an "OFFER", a sale item that is, I couldn't us the coupon. The small print said nothing about not being able to use on a sale item. I believe their practices are a bit deceitful.
The executive offices were very short and unhelpful. Terrible and never again will I shop with them!

437 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

I bought a rug that looked nothing like the picture. The colors were gaudy instead of the nice muted pallet shown in the picture. Overstock charged me half again as much to return it. I'll never buy from them again.

By susan A.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.

all I can say is, after i ordered the tracking number told me 31 days. Really, now they will not answer my repeated requests for a return label.

By Kat K.

No, call for a return label.

By Mathew B.

Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

Overstock.com?