Review of Overstock.com

customercare@overstock.com
2018 Customer choice award

kristinap28
3/27/18

I ordered a rug for my daughters room, the pictures looked super and I was excited to get it. When it arrived and I opened to lay out it was falling apart, the color were different from the photos not slightly but completely different pieces were coming oi all directions it was a total mess and just so poorly made. I contacted customer service the next day they were so rude and unhelpful with the return process and now that I have returned it and its been at the warehouse for over four days they have yet to issue a refund and when I contacted customer service again today once again so rude and not helpful at all. They just continue to tell you they will email you when they are refund you... yeah well whens that going to happen? No answers given! They were quick to take my money though!

nicoles236
3/24/18

Will never order from this website again. The first time I did the item fell apart pretty quick but I thought maybe try again. Have not used the product yet but it not the size I want so went to get a return label and it was charging me $10. That is more than the original shipping. It not even worth sending back. Will never order from there again. Complete rip off. The only reason I'm giving a 3 was the quick delivery or I would be giving a 1.

stephaniem255
3/22/18

The first and surely last order by overstock. I have been amazon customer for a long time and have had never problems with it. I found an Item on Overstock which was not available by amazon so I decided to order it. Well it was so disappointing. First you see an estimated delivery date, you order the item. 1 day AFTER the estimated delivery date, you track your order and the date will be updated for the next WEEK. It is nothing than cheating. The customer have the right to see the information before ordering. The customer service said it is because of UPS!!!! Ok it is unbelievable! The other thing is they just send you many promo codes and if you want to use them, they are for no item acceptable because all the items are on "sale". I mean what they do,is nothing than cheating the customers.

levid25
3/22/18

I began using Overstock a couple hrs. ago when I came upon a chair I purchased for our cottage bedroom.there are unique things that you can find that you dont find it the standard stores I am fat pretty well covers i

robertah27
3/19/18

Ive placed a few orders. You really roll the dice with what you get. Sometimes its waaaay off from the description. Also, youll see the exact same item listed on multiple sites like Wayfair, Pier 1etc, but under a different name. So do your research. Im kind of over the inconsistency so I dont think Ill be back.

marym633
3/12/18

We ordered patio furniture. We got a sauna comprised of three huge boxes totaling more than 300 pounds. Discovered that wrong product delivered less than an hour after delivery (on our porch). Five days later, the boxes remain on our front porch (in the rain, no less). We cant get Overstock to pick up the packages and get them off our porch. The oversize department doesnt take phone calls. If they choose not to call you, you are SOL. Will NEVER buy from Overstock again. Id rather pay more to a company that understands customer service (and will deliver the product we ordered). Patio still empty.

jenniferm473
2/26/18

I ordered a beautiful 9 x 12" rug and a rug liner from Overstock. The rug is of excellent quality and was delivered to my door in just a few days. The cancellation and return policy at Overstock is on the site, so I knew that it could be a gamble, but so far am very pleased with using this site. When I was an Amazon member, I paid nearly $100 per year and still was stuck with return shipping costs much of the time. I'll go with overstock gold card for $20 and lots of coupons/discounts. The card paid for itself and then some on my 2nd order and got me a discount on my 3rd.

christopherk58
2/21/18

Now with what i am about to write i did not know about sitejabber or i would have reviewed them earlier...Ok..on 3 seperate occasions i placed an ordered within a 1 month period.1st order was for a blu ray..a week went buy and they said it was out of stock..yet it was still advertised..2nd time 2 days later,ordered another item...same issue..3rd time they didnt answer at all until i $#*!ed and asked for a refund..item in question was..well..yep you guessed it.out of stock.Bottom line is dont order from them,you will never receive your item whatsoever..3 times and i was done..they advertise items out of stock and keep it advertised even when they have no intentions of shipping it.Terrible Company.

wilcorg
2/21/18

this company is such a big time bull$#*!, read reviews before you purchase anything from this $#*!, service is horrible and order last months before it get to you.

debbier111
2/15/18

I ordered some curtains from Overstock. When they arrived they did not look like the picture in that the color was way off. They showed a muted print and the actual print was a stark white on teal. Very garish. I feel I should not have had to pay $16 to return these curtains due to this. I will not be ordering anything from Overstock again because of: 1. Cannot Email Customer Service 2. Charged return shipping for something that was not my fault.

jessical229
2/13/18

I purchased a 2 bedroom sets and 2 couches 6 months before I received it. I received my order and needless to say both bedroom set have damage. I have sent pictures into the warranty company with no response for days. Then out of the blue I get a email saying they will not fix the stuff since we didn't inspect it before the delivery men left. I have a warranty how are you not going to fix it?! Please leave from me do not buy from this company!

lv28
2/3/18

I've come up with some scary pop-ups on this website. I have a full pop-up blocker activated -- these even get through that. The kind that want to scan your computer or want you to call a toll-free number to "fix" a security issue. Making a note to myself to STAY AWAY from Overstock.com.

joycee21
1/23/18

THE COMPANY I'M REFERRING TO IS ACCESSORY OVERSTOCK NOT OVERSTOCK.COM. I ORDERED A WIRELESS CHARGER BACK IN DECEMBER AND HAVE YET TO RECEIVE IT. IT'S ASHAME HOW PEOPLE CAN RIP PEOPLE OFF. ONE DAY YOU WILL PAY.

jacqued1
1/8/18

I have made a purchase from this company on January 1,2017. I have received a transaction# for the amount of 62.86. not once have I received any notification on my product. I will contact Overstock and I will contact the BBB, this is horrible not one review has been good. This is my first and my last time ordering from Overstock. Jacque D.

shafiqula
1/5/18

I bought 2 plantronics headsets both were defective. I contacted the seller who emailed me RMA. I returned both the items but refunded my credit card for one item. I tried to contact them but no response. This company is a scam, mostly sells used/defective items. Beware before you buy anything from them.

williamh277
1/4/18

Ordered a ring o Dec 22nd was told would be shipped in 5 days. Two weeks later called because order still showed in processing. I was assured would be shipped next day only too get email two days later stating could not be shipped at this time and would cancel order in 30 days if could not be shipped at that time.

I am waiting on refund after I canceled order

karenl26
1/2/18

I had a horrible experience shopping here. They sent me a damaged item and then charged me for replacement parts. Customer service was the worst I have experienced.

brianb189
12/31/17

On 12/12/2017, I ordered a Marcato Atlas Red Stainless-Steel Biscuit Maker/Cookie Press from Overstock.com as a Christmas gift for my niece. Information on my Overstock.com account indicated that the order had been filled and purportedly shipped six days following the order, i.e., 12/18/2017. After this date, the only tracking information that I was ever to obtain from the Overstock.com and USPS websites was of the alleged shipping date. I never received any further tracking information from any source nor did I receive the ordered item. At this point, I contacted Overstock.com Customer Service numerous times to inquire about the lack of tracking information and the reason the item had not been received.

Several different Overstock.com Customer Service Representatives told me that the information about my order would be forwarded to the appropriate department for follow-up on the tracking information and missing item. No Overstock.com employee ever contacted regarding any actions taken in attempts to locate the missing item after my complaints. Then, information listed on this order on Overstock.com account showed that a return of the order had been initiated on two occasions followed by a cancellation of the order. I never requested that a return, refund, or cancellation be done for this order. This was done without any Overstock.com Customer Service Representative contacting me by e-mail or telephone to provide an explanation on the actions taken.

An Overstock.com Board of Directors Representative informed me that another item had been "set aside" in case the item that I ordered was not located. I never received the item despite another one being set aside for me. Even though the website indicated the item was in stock, my account being billed, and the item allegedly shipped to me, I was informed that Overstock.com had made a mistake with my order. For some odd reason, the order was fulfilled and shipped but it was out-of-stock at the time of the order. Despite speaking with four different Overstock.com Customer Service Representatives on Live Chat and a Board of Directors representative via e-mail, not one of them discovered nor informed me that the order was out-of-stock when placed. I have never encountered such apathy and incompetence from any of the numerous websites in which I have spent thousands of dollars.

Tip for consumers: Never use Overstock.com to order any item.

michaelp366
12/29/17

Ordered my daughter's mattress set on December 6 and finally having it delivered on January 5. It took one month because the delivery company, MXD, kept calling my work phone after business hours. When I would call MXD back and the phone number provided, I would get an automated response and then get cut off. I had to contact Overstock at least 6 times (after getting nowhere with MXD) and was completely frustrated at the lack of customer service and inability to fix a simple problem. Their "customer service specialists" and managers are useless! I was happy to take delivery of my purchase but could not get through to schedule delivery.

In the mean time, I ordered another bed through Amazon after I placed the above order and received it a week later with no problems.

tracyc139
12/27/17

I made the mistake of ordering a chair from Overstock for my son for Christmas. I ordered the chair on December 12th. Please note its not a cheap chair it is a $428.99 Big & Tall office chair.

It arrived in a damaged box with a broken part. Ive been trying for over 10 days to get a resolution. I have emailed. I have called. I have chatted online. I have sent pictures. I was even promised by a customer service agent at Overstock that the person responsible for the relationship between Overstock and the vendor Clickhere2shop would step in and ensure this was resolved.

The best offer I have received is that I should ship the chair back at my expense, pay the 20% restocking fee and get a credit for the balance.

For a BROKEN chair.

lisaf185
12/27/17

Love that they send out discount emails occasionally, free shipping and a HUGE selection of items(ANYTHING) you could need to decorate or update your home.
They only need to work on the ease of using the website. They did not have an option to save your "favorites" for a long time, I like to shop tentatively and then look at everything I "earmarked" and compare prices, stats etc., before I make the purchase. It is hard to make a final choice if you cannot see all options in one section. I believe they may have fixed this recently though.

dariad
12/26/17

Recently I bought a huge coffee table from overstock. Once I assembled it I realized there was bunch of dried on glue in one corner. It was visible and really ugly. I called overstock to see what could be done. They offered many options. Replacing the piece where the glue was, or the whole coffee table or sending the table back for a full refund. They made it super easy to return the table. They even covered the shipping cost back. I've bought many things over the years via overstock and never had any issues, I'm happy to know that if I ever do need their help, that they actually will help.

nonat4
12/21/17

BUYERS BEWARE - You need to away from Overstock - Shop HAYNEEDLE or AMAZON. I ordered product. It was never shipped. All they had done was send USPS the shipping label. After 10 days, I contacted both Overstock and the Marketplace seller to find out what the issue was and let them know that I couldn't wait another 10 days to receive as the product was a gift. They said it had shipped. I said it had not based on USPS. They said to reject the delivery which of course with USPS comes to a box so it can't be rejected and to cancel the order as it had not shipped. The order wasn't sent in a timely manner and not to ship it out. I cancelled at 7:00 a.m. CST and they shipped the product that afternoon and it was received 10 days later. Thee Marketplace seller shipped it after the cancellation request. told Overstock they shipped it before. Overstock to date hasn't researched the paper trail to verify it was shipped after the cancellation request . Now OVERSTOCK is wanting to charge me for returning the product and a restocking fee and shipping charge to send it back. When you shop their website they are the seller on some items, but most sellers are what they call Market Place Sellers and they are not good. I won't be ordering from them ever again.

laceyn1
12/5/17

I was really excited to order my new bed on Black Friday. Loved the sale price for what I was getting. Unfortunately for me, I will never see that bed. My bed is "unable to locate" and also out of stock now. I am moving into a small studio so needed a storage bed for practicality. Since my bed is out of stock and unable to locate they can only match the sale price I paid. The problem with this is they do not have anything in stock now and told me I need to pay upfront for another bed (after already paying for one that was lost). Their customer service is one of the most unprofessional, unreliable, and very quick to tell me it was not Overstock's fault. Every time I spoke to someone different, they told me something different. At the end of the day, I am left paying more than double what was planned and will not have a bed for 3-4 weeks. That is assuming the bed is delivered this time.

patp55
12/3/17

Placed an order on Nov 19, 2017 and on Nov 29, still no tracking available, so contacted customer service & I was told that 2 days later I will have tracking information or if not tracked then a new order will be sent out. Well, 2 days later and another chat to customer service I was told the same thing again except it would be by end of day would receive e-mail with information or resend with tracking number. Ok now over one week of attempting to locate my order and still not heard anything from overstock or where my order has been sent. Will not deal with this company again.

437 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

I bought a rug that looked nothing like the picture. The colors were gaudy instead of the nice muted pallet shown in the picture. Overstock charged me half again as much to return it. I'll never buy from them again.

By susan A.

It varies. It usually is indicated at the order page

By Shay S.

They send it back to Overstock, call or Email them for a refund

By SHERRY B.

No. The "diamonds" fall out after a few times of wearing them.

By Adam L.

I've never had this problem. Their customer service is better than Amazon but i haven't interracted with them super recently so maybe theyve scaled back on the gravvy.

By Jonathan C.

In condition stated, i.e., new, reconditioned. I haven't made any returns but it doesn't seem to be hassle-free.

By Shay S.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.

No, call for a return label.

By Mathew B.
Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

Overstock.com?