Review of Overstock.com

customercare@overstock.com
2018 Customer choice award

cuongd
4/19/18

Be careful with their credit card promotion, the rep help me to open the credit card account and he messed up, he told me one year free of interest but in fact they charge me the interest. Since I assumed that I have a free of interest for a year, I didn't check my statement, now it's passed 90 days, I have to pay a BIG interest amount.

jyotib4
4/13/18

No customer services , cheap quality products , they dont check what they are delivering . And to exchange they take 100 calls , before delivering they never call on time thry just call 5 mins before . At time when i bought they said you will get free gift if u shop more 500$ product and when i didnt received with my delivery then they said it is finished it was till the stock last but they could hav told me same day bcoz i bought one table extra to complete the target of 500$ to get gift . Horrible furniture . Dont go guys . Furniture now is far better at same price .

robertaw23
4/12/18

Ordered an expensive pair of German Haflinger slippers. LOVE the slippers but they left long black marks all over our hardwood floors. I called customer service and requested permission to go to a cobbler to see what could be done to eliminated the problem as I really wanted the slippers. Was told that was fine and she said she would make the notation in my file. Cobbler sprayed them with silicone but the problem still existed. I then spoke with the shoe store where I purchased the exact same slippers over 20 years ago and was told that nothing I would do would eliminate the problem, so I called Overstock and conveyed the results of my trials. They sent me a return shipping label and I reluctantly shipped the slippers back with a note explaining the problem. Yesterday, I received the slippers back with a note telling me that they would not take them back because they were worn and they couldn't re-sell them. Why would they want to pass a defective product on to the next victim? This business model will unfortunately prevent me from ever ordering from Overstock.com again or suggesting that anyone else orders from them. How would I have known about the defect if I hadn't worn the slippers around my home. I have ordered from them before and the products I received were perfect so I had no complaints, however, this situation is a whole different ball game and I could not be more disappointed in the fact that the company feels it is okay to sell a product that has a defect and waves all responsibility to take the product back. Buyer beware.......

valeriel37
4/11/18

Awesome products, fast delivery and great prices. Highly recommended!!! Everything I've ordered has been exactly as pictured. Love the membership, not required but gives you cash back if you get it!!!

traceyg13
4/9/18

My experience was nice except for my wood cracked on one of my purchase I couldn't send it back cause I didn't open till months later so shame on me. But when finished beautiful

perip1
4/9/18

don't risk it if your package is lost(which I see happened to a lot of people) there is no chance you will get a refund. I lost ~250 dollars because of it.

christinep125
4/8/18

I had ordered a necklace that was never delivered (not too surprising with our mail deliverer...ALWAYS mixing things up!). Anyway, I contacted the care center, because the tracking system showed "delivered." When they researched the case, there was no reason as to why the necklace hadn't been delivered, but the very helpful representative made sure I received a new necklace in time for my friend's birthday (the intended recipient). I am an honest person and could never make this up to steal from a company; they knew that I was a loyal customer and would not by lying. Thanks, Danielle and Overstock, for being a reputable and caring company!

melissap135
4/6/18

I ordered from Google Express and the item shipped from Overstock.com. I needed to return it and both Google & Overstock refused to help me. Both stated it was the other companys responsibility to process the return. I HATE DEALING WITH OURSOURCED PEOPLE!! All either side would do is regurgitate policy. They wouldnt problem solve. Ill never order from either company again.

mikeh402
4/3/18

Where to start ... placed an order ($1300 worth of furniture) over 10 days ago. Was supposed to be delivered already and order has never left the "processing" status. Have talked online to their "customer service" and get the same canned response. "Most orders are delivered within 3-5 days" ... which I wonder why you tell someone that when they've been waiting almost 2 weeks now! ... then to make matters worse ... they try to sell you something at the end!! ... really??

Buyer beware ... all I can say ...

jof63
3/30/18

I ordered a rug that looked completely different when it arrived than it did online. The return process is not straightforward and has involved several emails and a phone call just to get the process initiated. The $40 return shipping fee just adds insult to injury. Definitely won't ever order from Overstock again.

kristinap28
3/27/18

I ordered a rug for my daughters room, the pictures looked super and I was excited to get it. When it arrived and I opened to lay out it was falling apart, the color were different from the photos not slightly but completely different pieces were coming oi all directions it was a total mess and just so poorly made. I contacted customer service the next day they were so rude and unhelpful with the return process and now that I have returned it and its been at the warehouse for over four days they have yet to issue a refund and when I contacted customer service again today once again so rude and not helpful at all. They just continue to tell you they will email you when they are refund you... yeah well whens that going to happen? No answers given! They were quick to take my money though!

nicoles236
3/24/18

Will never order from this website again. The first time I did the item fell apart pretty quick but I thought maybe try again. Have not used the product yet but it not the size I want so went to get a return label and it was charging me $10. That is more than the original shipping. It not even worth sending back. Will never order from there again. Complete rip off. The only reason I'm giving a 3 was the quick delivery or I would be giving a 1.

stephaniem255
3/22/18

The first and surely last order by overstock. I have been amazon customer for a long time and have had never problems with it. I found an Item on Overstock which was not available by amazon so I decided to order it. Well it was so disappointing. First you see an estimated delivery date, you order the item. 1 day AFTER the estimated delivery date, you track your order and the date will be updated for the next WEEK. It is nothing than cheating. The customer have the right to see the information before ordering. The customer service said it is because of UPS!!!! Ok it is unbelievable! The other thing is they just send you many promo codes and if you want to use them, they are for no item acceptable because all the items are on "sale". I mean what they do,is nothing than cheating the customers.

levid25
3/22/18

I began using Overstock a couple hrs. ago when I came upon a chair I purchased for our cottage bedroom.there are unique things that you can find that you dont find it the standard stores I am fat pretty well covers i

robertah27
3/19/18

Ive placed a few orders. You really roll the dice with what you get. Sometimes its waaaay off from the description. Also, youll see the exact same item listed on multiple sites like Wayfair, Pier 1etc, but under a different name. So do your research. Im kind of over the inconsistency so I dont think Ill be back.

marym633
3/12/18

We ordered patio furniture. We got a sauna comprised of three huge boxes totaling more than 300 pounds. Discovered that wrong product delivered less than an hour after delivery (on our porch). Five days later, the boxes remain on our front porch (in the rain, no less). We cant get Overstock to pick up the packages and get them off our porch. The oversize department doesnt take phone calls. If they choose not to call you, you are SOL. Will NEVER buy from Overstock again. Id rather pay more to a company that understands customer service (and will deliver the product we ordered). Patio still empty.

jenniferm473
2/26/18

I ordered a beautiful 9 x 12" rug and a rug liner from Overstock. The rug is of excellent quality and was delivered to my door in just a few days. The cancellation and return policy at Overstock is on the site, so I knew that it could be a gamble, but so far am very pleased with using this site. When I was an Amazon member, I paid nearly $100 per year and still was stuck with return shipping costs much of the time. I'll go with overstock gold card for $20 and lots of coupons/discounts. The card paid for itself and then some on my 2nd order and got me a discount on my 3rd.

christopherk58
2/21/18

Now with what i am about to write i did not know about sitejabber or i would have reviewed them earlier...Ok..on 3 seperate occasions i placed an ordered within a 1 month period.1st order was for a blu ray..a week went buy and they said it was out of stock..yet it was still advertised..2nd time 2 days later,ordered another item...same issue..3rd time they didnt answer at all until i $#*!ed and asked for a refund..item in question was..well..yep you guessed it.out of stock.Bottom line is dont order from them,you will never receive your item whatsoever..3 times and i was done..they advertise items out of stock and keep it advertised even when they have no intentions of shipping it.Terrible Company.

wilcorg
2/21/18

this company is such a big time bull$#*!, read reviews before you purchase anything from this $#*!, service is horrible and order last months before it get to you.

debbier111
2/15/18

I ordered some curtains from Overstock. When they arrived they did not look like the picture in that the color was way off. They showed a muted print and the actual print was a stark white on teal. Very garish. I feel I should not have had to pay $16 to return these curtains due to this. I will not be ordering anything from Overstock again because of: 1. Cannot Email Customer Service 2. Charged return shipping for something that was not my fault.

jessical229
2/13/18

I purchased a 2 bedroom sets and 2 couches 6 months before I received it. I received my order and needless to say both bedroom set have damage. I have sent pictures into the warranty company with no response for days. Then out of the blue I get a email saying they will not fix the stuff since we didn't inspect it before the delivery men left. I have a warranty how are you not going to fix it?! Please leave from me do not buy from this company!

lv28
2/3/18

I've come up with some scary pop-ups on this website. I have a full pop-up blocker activated -- these even get through that. The kind that want to scan your computer or want you to call a toll-free number to "fix" a security issue. Making a note to myself to STAY AWAY from Overstock.com.

joycee21
1/23/18

THE COMPANY I'M REFERRING TO IS ACCESSORY OVERSTOCK NOT OVERSTOCK.COM. I ORDERED A WIRELESS CHARGER BACK IN DECEMBER AND HAVE YET TO RECEIVE IT. IT'S ASHAME HOW PEOPLE CAN RIP PEOPLE OFF. ONE DAY YOU WILL PAY.

jacqued1
1/8/18

I have made a purchase from this company on January 1,2017. I have received a transaction# for the amount of 62.86. not once have I received any notification on my product. I will contact Overstock and I will contact the BBB, this is horrible not one review has been good. This is my first and my last time ordering from Overstock. Jacque D.

shafiqula
1/5/18

I bought 2 plantronics headsets both were defective. I contacted the seller who emailed me RMA. I returned both the items but refunded my credit card for one item. I tried to contact them but no response. This company is a scam, mostly sells used/defective items. Beware before you buy anything from them.

437 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

I bought a rug that looked nothing like the picture. The colors were gaudy instead of the nice muted pallet shown in the picture. Overstock charged me half again as much to return it. I'll never buy from them again.

By susan A.

It varies. It usually is indicated at the order page

By Shay S.

They send it back to Overstock, call or Email them for a refund

By SHERRY B.

No. The "diamonds" fall out after a few times of wearing them.

By Adam L.

Because the website is a scam. They take your order and then do not deliver it.

By Matt B.

I've never had this problem. Their customer service is better than Amazon but i haven't interracted with them super recently so maybe theyve scaled back on the gravvy.

By Jonathan C.

In condition stated, i.e., new, reconditioned. I haven't made any returns but it doesn't seem to be hassle-free.

By Shay S.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.
Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

Overstock.com?