Review of Overstock.com

customercare@overstock.com
2018 Customer choice award

jr338
6/27/18

I will explain this situation one last time. I am tired of explaining and not getting timely answers and responses.

I purchased a mattress and foundation set. As you can see in the attached picture I already have a bed with slats where a mattress or boxspring can sit on. Therefore when I read the word "foundation" I am expecting a flat surface I can place over my current slats that would support the memory foam mattress.

Instead I receive a mattress and a wood base with slats!!

Definitely not what the description says. Totally misleading and confusing infornation.

The day it was received, I immediately called customer service to inquire about returning the "foundation". I am told that since it was a set I could not return only the foundation but I had to return both items at my cost. Immediately I object since I believe the item is not what I wanted and I am not paying shipping for an error on Overstock's part. The agent committed to put an inquiry and return to me in 48 hrs.

I waited 48 hrs but no response was given. Very irresponsible and inefficient. I had no bed so I decided to open the mattress because I was tired of sleeping on the floor. I was tired of waiting.

1 week later now they want more info (which I had already provided on chat and over the phone) and now they wont accept the mattress. I decide to call again and the lady did say that I could donate the mattress and get the money back.

So confusing!! I feel like you are dragging this out and are avoiding accepting the fact that you had a incorrect description of the product.

Got an email about putting the frame together and sending picture (which I wont do because is a waste of my time) . I know they part you sent does NOT work.

Now again they are saying that they wont accept the mattress

I dont care! I dont want anything anymore.

If you would have solve my issue on the day I received the item and accepted to pay the shipping fees, we would be in this situation.

Terrible customer service. Bad response time. Terrible return policies.

I want this to be over now.

Please send me a prepaid return label and full reimbursement of my money to my credit card on file.

Regards

haleyg15
6/20/18

I bought two pillows (totaling $100) from this site last month. The pillows looked cheap and were not what we expected when they arrived, so we immediately tried to return them. Despite the fact that this is an ONLINE retailer (so you cannot physically see the products before you buy) there are no free returns! They charge $20 to ship the pillows--which is a significant portion of the cost of the item! Unbelievably bad customer service.

raffaelec3
6/18/18

18 _06-2018 i buy a rowing machine The service customer was rude I can't cancel a order they just take the money and not give any service the internet site is made to trick the people
who do not know this company .never again I learn the lesson .not buy to this company

janetl179
6/18/18

While our order was lost in shipment by FedEx, follow-through by Overstock was sadly lacking. A replacement was supposed to have been sent last week but no communication from Overstock about the status. Tried to cancel and have the charge refunded. Now I would have to wait until I receive it and send it back to get a refund. This would not be acceptable since would not be around to do that. Awaiting word from customer service if this can be changed but even if they are able to stop shipping, it has not been a pleasant experience. I'll live without the item and look elsewhere.

junek39
6/18/18

Never. Again. Cheap product, ridiculous shipping time, (TWO months?) impolite delivery people. No thanks. Learned my lesson.

amberc109
6/13/18

I just used overstock for the first time to by a 4 piece bedroom furniture set costing over $1,000 and by the reviews I was pretty nervous but I am sooo happy to say I received all my furniture right on time and everything was in excellent condition and as advertised. I honestly do not have one bad thing to say about my experience and will not hesitate to use them again!

ronw166
6/13/18

We ordered an item from Overstock.com about six weeks ago. It arrived a week or so later and we thought that was it. But it isn't. Ever since, we receive numerous e-mails with "special offers" every day. I've unsubscribed by responding to the e-mails, I've done the live chat and called three or four times begging them to stop sending these annoying e-mails but to no avail. I've been assured numerous times that the e-mails will stop but they don't. It's like "Goundhog Day" or "What About Bob?" Unless you're lonely and want to receive these e-mails, don't buy anything from Overstock.com. They never stop.

lisaz24
6/11/18

After a complete nightmare ordering furniture from Amazon, who used OJ Commerce Furniture, I was hesitant to order anything online again. I was pleasantly surprised ordering from Overstock. The bed is beautiful and it arrived on time!

kristac29
6/10/18

BE WARNED! LIE AFTER LIE, HORRIBLE COMPANY/CUSTOMER SERVICE. 3X WE WERE TOLD OUR PRODUCT WAS SHIPPED WITHIN A WEEK OF EACH OTHER. WE WOULD CALL AND SAY WE DIDN'T GET THE SHIPMENT, THEY WOULD SAY IT'S GOING OUT TOMORROW, 3X!!! FINALLY WE SAID, WE WANT OUR MONEY RETURNED AND FUNNY ENOUGH THE VERY NEXT DAY WE GOT A CALL SAYING, YES, YOUR SHIPMENT IS BEING SENT OUT, REALLY!!! A MONTH LATER WE STILL DON'T HAVE A REFUND! WE NOW ARE CONTACTING OUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY!

whitneyo3
6/9/18

This is a horrible company. I purchased a 12x15 rug from Overstock having this membership in hopes that they would stand by their claim of worry free returns, but the exact opposite has occurred. They first sent me a rug that was quite obviously printed crooked and has made it an ever loving nightmare ever since. I have called them 11 straight days since the day this rug arrived, crooked, and have been told there is nothing they can do for me until I go out and BUY packaging for a 12 x 15 foot rug and repackage this 150 lb rug to acceptable standards for UPS to pick up. Then, while I'm recovering from a back injury sustained from packaging a 150 lb 12 x 15 foot rug, I can wait for it to arrive back in their warehouse for processing and THEN I can wait for them to process my refund. From start to finish I'm looking at an over month long ordeal (if I'm lucky) with countless hours wasted on the phone just to get my money back from something that should have been delivered correctly the FIRST time, when I gave Overstock my hard earned money. This company has set me in a perpetual nightmare that doesn't seem to have an end. I have been told so many stories yet here I sit over 20 days after turning over my money with a monstrous rug in the middle of my hallway awaiting someone to PLEASE pick this thing up b/c Overstock refuses to give me my money back with out a good.....long.......torture, all the while they sit with an acquired interest free loan compliments of my stupidity. Horrible doesn't even begin to describe my distain for this company.

caryr20
6/8/18

I bought a rug that was very nice, no issues with delivery, but the price dropped by $108 (more than 20%) the day after it was delivered and they won't do anything to accommodate, which most decent stores do. Also they do not pay for returns. Makes me feel bad for giving them my business and trust.

joels145
6/4/18

Ordered a small dresser. This was the worst piece of an excuse for furniture. So cheaply made. I will never purchase through them again. Beware sub-par merchandise.

ashleya163
6/3/18

Broken pieces in our order, wood broken off and cracked on a patio table and 6 chairs. 5 pieces damaged. Spent over 500 dollars
Customer service Unable to accommodate a solution. Now we are stuck with a broken patio set, knowing our children can get stuck and splintered whenever.

blampiedl
5/31/18

Warning do not buy from Overstock! No customer assistance for OS buyers
Purchased a small rug to be sent OS at my expense of a shipping cost of $140, they sent the wrong rug. Unable to get help, no one answers your emails, online chat was useless they said they could not help me. Soooo frustrating it was their mistake and they don't give a dam, 6 emails sent but still waiting to hear back from someone. Looks like we are going to have to make a claim against the company to redeem our money, WILL NEITHER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN....

Tip for consumers: Don't buy anything from Overstock!! Unless you are prepared to loose money & time

kima175
5/29/18

Please read this before you place an order of any kind with Overstock. Read all of the fine print and do not expect the merchandise that you paid for especially if its heavy freight for at least 2 months. The problem is not so much with the time it takes to receive it, it's with the people that you have to deal with to try to get answers. They tell you each and every time that you will receive a phone call within 24 to 48 hours and they never...not once...called me back. I had to make every call. After a month and a half, I have no answers and I do not have a $600 loveseat that I ordered. I called again this morning and was promised that I would hear from the freight department within 1 hour. it's been 4 hours. I'm getting ready for another call. I have spent about 12 to 13 hours trying to get an item that I paid good money for. They are other really good online retailers. I used one of them last week after this fiasco with Overstock. I already have a call from the delivery company scheduling a time to deliver my purchase. This retailer offered free shipping over $45 also and with a lot less hassle and heartache. Never again Overstock. Close my account!!!!!

ellenk55
5/28/18

We ordered an Eco Wash clothes washer from Overstock. It was covered by a 1 year warranty. After about 7 months it broke down and broke apart. Overstock refused to help us with either an exchange or a refund because their 30-day return policy had passed. We have been customers of Overstock for over 10 years, but no more!

marinam76
5/23/18

I purchased 5 rugs from overstock.com and lets just say those rugs look completely different on the picture. The size and quality was ok but design is terrible and it wasnt what we expected. When I called to return they told me that the cost to return rugs would be over $120 and we pay total of $270 for all five rugs. The girl on the phone was nice but she said thats the policy and they will have to charge the return fee. How ridiculous, I never have to pay return fee for anything I ordered from Amazon.com. I know for sure that after this experience Ill never order from Overstock.com again. If they want to keep their customers they will have to change the return policy because it doesnt make any sense to pay over $100 just to return something you dont like.

cassandraw25
5/21/18
• Updated review

Thankfully, I finally talked to a gentleman in their customer service department who was actually helpful. I got a notification that the mattress had shipped and I was really frustrated. I called one more time and got a really helpful guy who said they couldn't reroute the truck until UPS verified the tracking number which hadn't happened yet. He promised that he would personally watch my account for an update and would send the reroute request to the truck as soon as possible.

A day or two later, the reroute notice appeared on my tracking information and a few days after that, I received an email that my refund was being processed. I'm glad I finally got the result I was looking for, but it took WAY too much time, effort, and persistence to get there. I don't like getting sassy with customer service people, but sometimes that's the only way to get to the proper solution.

“Terrible Customer Service”
5/21/18
• Previous review

I ordered a mattress for my new apartment. It matters when it arrives because my parents are coming into town and will need a place to sleep when they are here. When I placed the order, it said "Standard Shipping" with no exact window of time specified. Normally standard shipping is 3-5 days which would have been fine. Not long later, I received an email stating that my mattress would arrive in 7 business days, which doesn't work because my parents will have left by then.

It hadn't even been an hour since I placed the order, so I figured cancelling it wouldn't be an issue. I WAS WRONG. They told me that my order had already been accepted by the warehouse, so there was nothing they could do to cancel it.

I talked to 3 different people who all parroted the same answer, so I finally asked for a supervisor. I now was told they could reroute the truck back to the warehouse and issue me a refund, which I was glad to hear.

However, I was also told I should expect to hear from them in 1-2 business days about my complaint and I have yet to hear a single thing. I have gotten order updates which is making me nervous that they will not handle this in time.

I was also told if the mattress gets delivered, I am responsible for the return shipping which is not happening. I am so beyond dissatisfied with their customer service. What company doesn't allow a customer to cancel an order they placed less than an hour ago??

I'm never buying anything from them again and neither should you!

elained45
5/12/18

I placed an order for a king comforter for my daughter as her mother in-law was coming for Mother's Day. it said on line it was delivered but she didn't receive it so I called customer service an was told it was never picked up at their warehouse. I asked if they would deliver overnight or 2 day as her mother in-law was coming for Mother's Day and all she had on the bed was sheets. She said it is not their policy to do that and it would be be delivered on time. Can you imagine, its their fault and too bad for he customer. I will never shop there again!!! Wayfair is a fair superior Company it's just they didn't carry this comforter set.

stevem483
5/3/18

My order will take over three weeks to deliver even though I paid a $50 delivery fee! I bought because the Overstock.com price was lower than Amazon, but regretting my decision. When I contacted them to complain I was told that someone would respond to my concerns within 1 to 2 business days. Highly not recommended.

billt117
5/3/18

after waiting about a month for an order i used their service website to find order.
after one hour on the phone all they could tell me is they could not find my order
and they will re-=order same with another one week delay.these people are the worst!!

brianf160
5/3/18

I ordered a foldaway bed based on a time frame when I needed it they guaranteed the 25th then after was ordered they took my money they said no the 30th I tried to return it they shipped it anyway that try not to give me back my money it's a bad place to shop go to Google..
It's over a week I still haven't gotten my money..
Do not shop ever at overstock.com they will keep your money read the rest the reviews they don't pay back

dianeb215
5/2/18

The item I ordered was too big, different from the description or picture indicated. From a $30 item, my refund, after return shipping costs, was less than half. I will never order from Overstock again...!

arthurc59
4/22/18

I purchased two VIGO kitchen faucets at overstock.com and installed them both. One leaked from the start. I thought I was going to have to battle overstock.com because I actually installed the leaking faucet (though you kind of have to install a faucet to know if it leaks!), but when I started an online chat with their support, they were amazing. They issues a free return label and ordered a new replacement faucet right then and there for free as well! The support person was expedient and professional! The new replacement faucet came in 4 days and I just installed and no leaks!!! I love overstock.com!

anniek38
4/20/18

I placed an order for a twin xl duvet cover. OS sent me 2 twin xl sheet sets. I called them mmediately after opening the box and OS sent me a return label to my email address. Its been 8days since OS received the returned package and took 2 calls on my end to get a full refund that I have yet to receive. OS told me to wait additional 3-5 days to get a refund and told me to call again if I dont get a full refund!! I will not be ordering from OS any more. I have no confidence in OS.

437 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

I bought a rug that looked nothing like the picture. The colors were gaudy instead of the nice muted pallet shown in the picture. Overstock charged me half again as much to return it. I'll never buy from them again.

By susan A.

It varies. It usually is indicated at the order page

By Shay S.

They send it back to Overstock, call or Email them for a refund

By SHERRY B.

No. The "diamonds" fall out after a few times of wearing them.

By Adam L.

Because the website is a scam. They take your order and then do not deliver it.

By Matt B.

I've never had this problem. Their customer service is better than Amazon but i haven't interracted with them super recently so maybe theyve scaled back on the gravvy.

By Jonathan C.

In condition stated, i.e., new, reconditioned. I haven't made any returns but it doesn't seem to be hassle-free.

By Shay S.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.
Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

Overstock.com?