Review of Overstock.com

customercare@overstock.com
2018 Customer choice award

joels145
6/4/18

Ordered a small dresser. This was the worst piece of an excuse for furniture. So cheaply made. I will never purchase through them again. Beware sub-par merchandise.

ashleya163
6/3/18

Broken pieces in our order, wood broken off and cracked on a patio table and 6 chairs. 5 pieces damaged. Spent over 500 dollars
Customer service Unable to accommodate a solution. Now we are stuck with a broken patio set, knowing our children can get stuck and splintered whenever.

blampiedl
5/31/18

Warning do not buy from Overstock! No customer assistance for OS buyers
Purchased a small rug to be sent OS at my expense of a shipping cost of $140, they sent the wrong rug. Unable to get help, no one answers your emails, online chat was useless they said they could not help me. Soooo frustrating it was their mistake and they don't give a dam, 6 emails sent but still waiting to hear back from someone. Looks like we are going to have to make a claim against the company to redeem our money, WILL NEITHER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN....

Tip for consumers: Don't buy anything from Overstock!! Unless you are prepared to loose money & time

kima175
5/29/18

Please read this before you place an order of any kind with Overstock. Read all of the fine print and do not expect the merchandise that you paid for especially if its heavy freight for at least 2 months. The problem is not so much with the time it takes to receive it, it's with the people that you have to deal with to try to get answers. They tell you each and every time that you will receive a phone call within 24 to 48 hours and they never...not once...called me back. I had to make every call. After a month and a half, I have no answers and I do not have a $600 loveseat that I ordered. I called again this morning and was promised that I would hear from the freight department within 1 hour. it's been 4 hours. I'm getting ready for another call. I have spent about 12 to 13 hours trying to get an item that I paid good money for. They are other really good online retailers. I used one of them last week after this fiasco with Overstock. I already have a call from the delivery company scheduling a time to deliver my purchase. This retailer offered free shipping over $45 also and with a lot less hassle and heartache. Never again Overstock. Close my account!!!!!

ellenk55
5/28/18

We ordered an Eco Wash clothes washer from Overstock. It was covered by a 1 year warranty. After about 7 months it broke down and broke apart. Overstock refused to help us with either an exchange or a refund because their 30-day return policy had passed. We have been customers of Overstock for over 10 years, but no more!

marinam76
5/23/18

I purchased 5 rugs from overstock.com and lets just say those rugs look completely different on the picture. The size and quality was ok but design is terrible and it wasnt what we expected. When I called to return they told me that the cost to return rugs would be over $120 and we pay total of $270 for all five rugs. The girl on the phone was nice but she said thats the policy and they will have to charge the return fee. How ridiculous, I never have to pay return fee for anything I ordered from Amazon.com. I know for sure that after this experience Ill never order from Overstock.com again. If they want to keep their customers they will have to change the return policy because it doesnt make any sense to pay over $100 just to return something you dont like.

cassandraw25
5/21/18
• Updated review

Thankfully, I finally talked to a gentleman in their customer service department who was actually helpful. I got a notification that the mattress had shipped and I was really frustrated. I called one more time and got a really helpful guy who said they couldn't reroute the truck until UPS verified the tracking number which hadn't happened yet. He promised that he would personally watch my account for an update and would send the reroute request to the truck as soon as possible.

A day or two later, the reroute notice appeared on my tracking information and a few days after that, I received an email that my refund was being processed. I'm glad I finally got the result I was looking for, but it took WAY too much time, effort, and persistence to get there. I don't like getting sassy with customer service people, but sometimes that's the only way to get to the proper solution.

“Terrible Customer Service”
5/21/18
• Previous review

I ordered a mattress for my new apartment. It matters when it arrives because my parents are coming into town and will need a place to sleep when they are here. When I placed the order, it said "Standard Shipping" with no exact window of time specified. Normally standard shipping is 3-5 days which would have been fine. Not long later, I received an email stating that my mattress would arrive in 7 business days, which doesn't work because my parents will have left by then.

It hadn't even been an hour since I placed the order, so I figured cancelling it wouldn't be an issue. I WAS WRONG. They told me that my order had already been accepted by the warehouse, so there was nothing they could do to cancel it.

I talked to 3 different people who all parroted the same answer, so I finally asked for a supervisor. I now was told they could reroute the truck back to the warehouse and issue me a refund, which I was glad to hear.

However, I was also told I should expect to hear from them in 1-2 business days about my complaint and I have yet to hear a single thing. I have gotten order updates which is making me nervous that they will not handle this in time.

I was also told if the mattress gets delivered, I am responsible for the return shipping which is not happening. I am so beyond dissatisfied with their customer service. What company doesn't allow a customer to cancel an order they placed less than an hour ago??

I'm never buying anything from them again and neither should you!

elained45
5/12/18

I placed an order for a king comforter for my daughter as her mother in-law was coming for Mother's Day. it said on line it was delivered but she didn't receive it so I called customer service an was told it was never picked up at their warehouse. I asked if they would deliver overnight or 2 day as her mother in-law was coming for Mother's Day and all she had on the bed was sheets. She said it is not their policy to do that and it would be be delivered on time. Can you imagine, its their fault and too bad for he customer. I will never shop there again!!! Wayfair is a fair superior Company it's just they didn't carry this comforter set.

stevem483
5/3/18

My order will take over three weeks to deliver even though I paid a $50 delivery fee! I bought because the Overstock.com price was lower than Amazon, but regretting my decision. When I contacted them to complain I was told that someone would respond to my concerns within 1 to 2 business days. Highly not recommended.

billt117
5/3/18

after waiting about a month for an order i used their service website to find order.
after one hour on the phone all they could tell me is they could not find my order
and they will re-=order same with another one week delay.these people are the worst!!

brianf160
5/3/18

I ordered a foldaway bed based on a time frame when I needed it they guaranteed the 25th then after was ordered they took my money they said no the 30th I tried to return it they shipped it anyway that try not to give me back my money it's a bad place to shop go to Google..
It's over a week I still haven't gotten my money..
Do not shop ever at overstock.com they will keep your money read the rest the reviews they don't pay back

dianeb215
5/2/18

The item I ordered was too big, different from the description or picture indicated. From a $30 item, my refund, after return shipping costs, was less than half. I will never order from Overstock again...!

arthurc59
4/22/18

I purchased two VIGO kitchen faucets at overstock.com and installed them both. One leaked from the start. I thought I was going to have to battle overstock.com because I actually installed the leaking faucet (though you kind of have to install a faucet to know if it leaks!), but when I started an online chat with their support, they were amazing. They issues a free return label and ordered a new replacement faucet right then and there for free as well! The support person was expedient and professional! The new replacement faucet came in 4 days and I just installed and no leaks!!! I love overstock.com!

anniek38
4/20/18

I placed an order for a twin xl duvet cover. OS sent me 2 twin xl sheet sets. I called them mmediately after opening the box and OS sent me a return label to my email address. Its been 8days since OS received the returned package and took 2 calls on my end to get a full refund that I have yet to receive. OS told me to wait additional 3-5 days to get a refund and told me to call again if I dont get a full refund!! I will not be ordering from OS any more. I have no confidence in OS.

cuongd
4/19/18

Be careful with their credit card promotion, the rep help me to open the credit card account and he messed up, he told me one year free of interest but in fact they charge me the interest. Since I assumed that I have a free of interest for a year, I didn't check my statement, now it's passed 90 days, I have to pay a BIG interest amount.

jyotib4
4/13/18

No customer services , cheap quality products , they dont check what they are delivering . And to exchange they take 100 calls , before delivering they never call on time thry just call 5 mins before . At time when i bought they said you will get free gift if u shop more 500$ product and when i didnt received with my delivery then they said it is finished it was till the stock last but they could hav told me same day bcoz i bought one table extra to complete the target of 500$ to get gift . Horrible furniture . Dont go guys . Furniture now is far better at same price .

robertaw23
4/12/18

Ordered an expensive pair of German Haflinger slippers. LOVE the slippers but they left long black marks all over our hardwood floors. I called customer service and requested permission to go to a cobbler to see what could be done to eliminated the problem as I really wanted the slippers. Was told that was fine and she said she would make the notation in my file. Cobbler sprayed them with silicone but the problem still existed. I then spoke with the shoe store where I purchased the exact same slippers over 20 years ago and was told that nothing I would do would eliminate the problem, so I called Overstock and conveyed the results of my trials. They sent me a return shipping label and I reluctantly shipped the slippers back with a note explaining the problem. Yesterday, I received the slippers back with a note telling me that they would not take them back because they were worn and they couldn't re-sell them. Why would they want to pass a defective product on to the next victim? This business model will unfortunately prevent me from ever ordering from Overstock.com again or suggesting that anyone else orders from them. How would I have known about the defect if I hadn't worn the slippers around my home. I have ordered from them before and the products I received were perfect so I had no complaints, however, this situation is a whole different ball game and I could not be more disappointed in the fact that the company feels it is okay to sell a product that has a defect and waves all responsibility to take the product back. Buyer beware.......

valeriel37
4/11/18

Awesome products, fast delivery and great prices. Highly recommended!!! Everything I've ordered has been exactly as pictured. Love the membership, not required but gives you cash back if you get it!!!

traceyg13
4/9/18

My experience was nice except for my wood cracked on one of my purchase I couldn't send it back cause I didn't open till months later so shame on me. But when finished beautiful

perip1
4/9/18

don't risk it if your package is lost(which I see happened to a lot of people) there is no chance you will get a refund. I lost ~250 dollars because of it.

christinep125
4/8/18

I had ordered a necklace that was never delivered (not too surprising with our mail deliverer...ALWAYS mixing things up!). Anyway, I contacted the care center, because the tracking system showed "delivered." When they researched the case, there was no reason as to why the necklace hadn't been delivered, but the very helpful representative made sure I received a new necklace in time for my friend's birthday (the intended recipient). I am an honest person and could never make this up to steal from a company; they knew that I was a loyal customer and would not by lying. Thanks, Danielle and Overstock, for being a reputable and caring company!

melissap135
4/6/18

I ordered from Google Express and the item shipped from Overstock.com. I needed to return it and both Google & Overstock refused to help me. Both stated it was the other companys responsibility to process the return. I HATE DEALING WITH OURSOURCED PEOPLE!! All either side would do is regurgitate policy. They wouldnt problem solve. Ill never order from either company again.

mikeh402
4/3/18

Where to start ... placed an order ($1300 worth of furniture) over 10 days ago. Was supposed to be delivered already and order has never left the "processing" status. Have talked online to their "customer service" and get the same canned response. "Most orders are delivered within 3-5 days" ... which I wonder why you tell someone that when they've been waiting almost 2 weeks now! ... then to make matters worse ... they try to sell you something at the end!! ... really??

Buyer beware ... all I can say ...

jof63
3/30/18

I ordered a rug that looked completely different when it arrived than it did online. The return process is not straightforward and has involved several emails and a phone call just to get the process initiated. The $40 return shipping fee just adds insult to injury. Definitely won't ever order from Overstock again.

kristinap28
3/27/18

I ordered a rug for my daughters room, the pictures looked super and I was excited to get it. When it arrived and I opened to lay out it was falling apart, the color were different from the photos not slightly but completely different pieces were coming oi all directions it was a total mess and just so poorly made. I contacted customer service the next day they were so rude and unhelpful with the return process and now that I have returned it and its been at the warehouse for over four days they have yet to issue a refund and when I contacted customer service again today once again so rude and not helpful at all. They just continue to tell you they will email you when they are refund you... yeah well whens that going to happen? No answers given! They were quick to take my money though!

437 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

I bought a rug that looked nothing like the picture. The colors were gaudy instead of the nice muted pallet shown in the picture. Overstock charged me half again as much to return it. I'll never buy from them again.

By susan A.

It varies. It usually is indicated at the order page

By Shay S.

They send it back to Overstock, call or Email them for a refund

By SHERRY B.

I've never had this problem. Their customer service is better than Amazon but i haven't interracted with them super recently so maybe theyve scaled back on the gravvy.

By Jonathan C.

In condition stated, i.e., new, reconditioned. I haven't made any returns but it doesn't seem to be hassle-free.

By Shay S.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.

No, call for a return label.

By Mathew B.

Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

Overstock.com?