Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

arianem2
9/21/18

I'm genuinely puzzled by the negative reviews. Maybe their customer service is better in Canada? Yes, delivery can be very slow when items are shipped internationally, but it's otherwise reasonably fast. I've always been fully refunded when items were cancelled, and once I received extremely poor quality shoes, and they simply refunded me without making any fuss. I didn't even have to return them.

There's one thing I have learnt, though, through experience with them: you should only buy known labels. Clothes, accessories, jewelry and shoes from unknown brands are usually very cheap stuff from China, and they're always disappointing. Also, you can sometimes get better prices on Amazon (because, let's face it, everything is made in China anyway, and sellers have the same suppliers). So do your research before you order.

I'm shocked that they seem to be treating American customers so poorly, though. I chatted with a customer service rep the other day, and had answers to my questions within minutes. I could even cancel items ordered that were already in transit to their warehouse.

What I really don't like about Zulily, though, is that they blatantly lie about discounts - original retail prices are clearly made up, we're not stupid and we can google. So you definitely get what you pay for. If you are paying 35$ for a dress from an unknown label, you *will* get a $35 dress, NOT a hugely discounted, high-quality dress. Once you've understood and accepted that rule, you can shop safely.

Hope that helps.

joannak46
9/14/18

I started out liking Zulily. I did. The shipping was slow, They packed things in an unprofessional manner and there was a 50/50 shot that anything glass or ceramic would arrive broken and something in your ordered would be wrong. Hats arrived crushed. Their clothing sizes were all over the place and their size charts were inaccurate to say the least. They were pretty cool about returns, but it was a hassle. They had some good deals and I gradually learned what brands fit and which ones didn't, so I put up with it. Gradually things started going downhill and their prices steadily increased. In July they sent me the wrong shoes. I followed their new return procedures to the letter and sent them back with several other items. The items I sent other than the shoes were all credited to my account. The shoes seemed to be missing from any refund. Since I payed by Paypal and was having no luck getting a response from Zulily, I contacted Paypal and filed a dispute. Zulily rapidly refunded my Zulily account, but not my Paypal account. I dropped the dispute because I felt this was an adequate solution and I was tired of fighting with them. Today, several months later I went to purchase something from another online vendor and I was unable to use my Paypal account. No idea of why. I contacted Paypal and my account was negative $19.99 and I needed to transfer money from my bank account to Paypal or I couldn't use the account. Why? Because Zulily put in a claim for $19.99 because I dropped the dispute. First they sent me the wrong shoes, secondly they refused to refund said shoes until I filed a complaint with Paypal, and now my funds were tied up that I wanted to use in another store because they wanted $19.99 from my Paypal account! I guess they were punishing me for filing a complaint. So, today was the day I had enough. I closed my account with Zulily and requested that everything on order be cancelled and refunded to my Paypal account. I've bought a lot of merchandise from Zulily, however this was the last straw. I will not be bullied this way for $19.99 by any company. Zulily is a hot mess. Use at your own peril.

aikaa
9/12/18

I have been shopping zulily.com for around 3 years. During current year only ( from January to September) I've spent 2000$. A lot of the staff i bought is good and reasonably priced but a lot of very cheaply made and does not look like a picture on the web site.
I had to put up with some purchases i bought in order not to go through return process.
According to their return policy you are responsible for the return shipping fee however if its their fault ( wrong size or different color) they usually cover the shipping.
My last return which is still in process is not easy. The girl i spoke of the phone says she can only give store credit though my previous return was in its original payment.
Also a lot of staff coming straight from China. It takes up to one month sometimes.
As some staff coming from China the quality can be poor. My last purchase was a disappointment. The cardigan did not look anything like a picture but most important it smelled as bleach. The smell was very strong. After trying it on i could not stop itching my body.
Also research he sizing. Sometimes its Chinese sizing or European.
They do have good deals but the quality is hit or miss.
Shipping is from 6.99 to 9.95 or more. With this shipping prices it better to check your local Marshals or TJ max. Will come out the same.
They way they charge your credit card is also confusing. They said that they charge only when the item is shipped. That is why going through your credit statements and zulily invoices can be confusing.

charlottev12
9/11/18

I ordered boots on two separate occasions, Both times my order shipped and arrived in reasonable time. I just placed a third order two days ago for three sets of bedding, some prices do seem unrealistically too good to be true, but so far they have been legit, For anyone Who is hesitant to order because of a lot of bad reviews, I would suggest to at least visit the site and if you're apprehensive start with a small order and go from there, and base your experience after on whether you go back and order again later, that's how I made my decision to continue ordering after a good experience each time I ordered from them.. and as long as they continue to give a good service without any problems, I will continue to occasionally order through their site and recommend them without hesitation from my own experience..

lauras518
9/11/18

I realised that I ordered the wrong size in one of three items. I called within one minute of ordering and was informed that I could not change the order. She told me that she would put the correct size in my basket for an added order and that I would have to pay another shipping charge. I told her that I wanted to cancel (all within four minutes time frame) and she told me that I would not get a refund for at least 5 -7 days. All too hard with this company!

deeb120
9/8/18

My first order for a child's size 7/8 coat and it's a size 4. The label says 7/8 but it's a size 4. Their solution was to charge me a return of $8.95 for a $14.95 coat. Waited weeks for a coat for my granddaughter that she can't wear. Company will fail with such inferior products.

cathyn42
9/7/18

Used to love this company but last ew orders were a miss and delivery was extremely slow. Also, they advertise a collection as everything under $1515 (for example) and when you get there.....NOT ONE ITEM is under $15 which is blatant false advertising

tamarad10
8/29/18

Like another person commenting on here, I was a loyal Zulily customer for a few years. It used to be fabulous. Fantastic prices in exchange for longer delivery times. Now, it is not worth the time to shop. The deals aren't there. The service has gone from just "long delivery times" to "maybe not at all". (Seriously. You can wait a month to find out you are not getting the item at all and THEN you only get a store credit. So, you can order something else and wait another month). Don't bother with ordering anything, "ready to ship" because it still takes as long as "regular" items. They also charge $9 to return anything and that's even WITH original packing. I ordered sandals in the spring to wear in the summer. I got them last month. They aren't wearable and I can't return them because the cost is more to return them and the wait was already over a month. How disappointing. Darn. I love a good deal... but, this isn't it anymore.

angelag172
8/27/18

Can I give it a negative 1? Don't order anything if you could possibly want within a month. They have all kinds of excuses but no solutions on how to get your order to you faster. I'm sitting here waiting on my last and final order from this company. Buy what you want from anywhere else and have it within the week. What a concept zulily!!!

andreas367
8/27/18

I ordered one item from them - they cancelled the order. Really? No! Not recommending. First, when I ordered, they said that shipping would take three weeks. Being spoiled by Amazon, I thought that was kind of long.... then after a week, the cancellation came. Do not use them.

michelej13
8/24/18

zulily 2601 Elliott Ave #200, Seattle, WA 98121 2 minutes ago Zulily's credit card and their billing practices are very shady. The charges do not match up with the purchases like other cards. When I called to get an explanation, they said they authorize a certain amount and it will go through as the correct amount later???? That is a very shady practice, even if it is only an authorization. None of the charges match up with the purchases, and when I called in, they randomly assign any credits you have to a purchase instead of putting the credit back on the card. When you look at the order totals, they don't match the card. Then, when I asked for a payoff balance to close the account, they won't do it, because if you have items bought on their installment plan (3 payments, no interest), you cannot pay them in advance. These are very poor business practices. Beware. I am a financial executive and their practices are not straightforward and are on the border of being unethical. They set it up so it is not understandable, so most people just pay the bill and don't ask questions. In addition, many of their items they sell, especially the ones that are not returnable, are made of very cheap materials.

rachelh208
8/23/18

I've been a loyal shopper with Zulily for several years. My experiences with them have continued to get worse. Over the past year I've received 8 shipments with issues ranging from damaged and destroyed product due to inadequate packaging, defective items, incorrect items that weren't what I ordered and items being missing from shipments.

The latest incident has caused me to vow to never purchase another product from them. I work for an online distributor so I know that finding a solution for your customer isn't instant but Zulily actually expects a customer to wait 10 business days for a simple update on what is happening with your order. This is unacceptable. I purchase two Personalize Wall Art Signs from them. I received shipping notice that both shipped via the same tracking number. When the shipment arrived there was only one item in the package. I emailed Zulily immediately sending them photos of the packing slip that showed only one item included, photos of the box to show that it was not possible for a 2nd item to have been inside and a photo of the shipping label on that box. The customer service rep emailed me back stating the package had been delivered to my address and to check with the UPS driver. Clearly they didn't bother reading my email or viewing my attached photos to see that one item was only received. After replying back to them again to explain the situation again they said they would send this to their Resolution Team who would contact me in 7-10 days. The following day I viewed tracking for the shipment again and it was updated to show that one package was returned to the sender because they used duplicate tracking numbers. It was clear that my 2nd package had been returned. I notified them again of this and they just responded to wait for the Resolution Team to contact me in 7-10 days. What could possibly take 7-10 days to determine a solution when tracking clearly shows what happened with the shipment. I'm now on day 8 and no one in customer service will provide me an update. Horrible customer service. No one should ever have to wait this long.

darleneo16
8/18/18

I ordered a queen size comforter. This comforter did not fit a queen size bed, the color was not the color in the picture. You could tell that the material is very cheap. I called to return the item, customer service told me. You must take a store credit and pay shipping handling to return or donate it and then I can get my money back. I will never ever shop there again.

eileend35
8/17/18

Ordered 3 items, none were as represented. When I tried to get a refund, they tell me return the items for store credit. I don't plan to shop there ever again. They say after the "review" the return, they "may" decide to refund your credit card. I looked all over their site as the rep said their return policy is clearly stated. I challenge anyone to find it!

vickys88
8/17/18

I started the chat to see if I can return an item without return shipping cost. She started asking me the order details and items, address, etc. It was a 20 min chat - then in the end, I have to pay the return shipping. What a waste of time and money -- I got useless product, wasted time and money.

theresah117
8/15/18

I waited to write a review on this company because I ordered some plant seeds and I wanted to see if they sprouted. They didn't. I ordered many products from Zulily. I got so tired of trying to resolve issues with them I decided to quit. I ordered clothes, decorative items and outdoor products. I realized the companies they were procuring their products came from a foreign company that has no quality control. I have a swimming suit that was advertised on their site as a first edition "Miraclesuit". It was not. The sizing on the suit was. 14 and bottom of the one piece suit fit beautifully and the top of the suit was a size 4. I purchase a beautiful jacket that was labeled size 16 but was a size 8(I normally wear a size 14 top and a 12 pant). Time and time again I had to work with their customer service people. Many of the Zulily personnel were wonderful but the majority of them were tired of dealing with angry customers because of the problems with the products the customers ordered. I spent an enormous amount of money on shoes, clothes, electronics, outdoor items and most of them I received were seconds, thirds, in other words, factory rejects. I notified Zulily on several occasions that they needed to really look at the companies they were buying from but Zulily never responded to me. I understood then, they did NOT care. I quit returning the items that I had ordered that did not fit. I used my credit that was in my account. I stopped ordering from them because they advertise first rate designer products at a discount price but what they should say is this company sells designer rejects and when we give you credit for the items that aren't as advertised you have to pay more for shipping costs than the original product cost. Thereby, you are actually losing money when you return something.
Bottom line the few products that are satisfactory are not worth the loss of money, the aggravation and the time you lose. The company can't manage their suppliers quality control and their customer service people that are in entry level positions are overwhelmed with dealing with the complex issues of the returns. I decided ordering n line is like gambeling at a fixed game of cards-you don't get a deal...DO NOT count on Zulily providing you with what they promise you. Buyer beware.

ellena1
8/14/18

I use the site to buy cotton swing dresses and I love it for that alone. I recently purchased a dress for my petite teen girl and the dress that was shown and the dress that arrived were not remotely the same. The dress in the picture was raw silk and fitted, the dress that arrived was cheap looking, thick polyester. It was horrible looking and the material is cheap and ugly. It is poorly made as well. They failed to respond to my complaint, and I therefore have no way to rectify the situation. I will probably buy cheap swing dresses, but never ever anything nice

msn2
8/13/18

or something very close to that. Shady at best. Definitely untrustworthy and risky imo. Of several hundred dollars worth of items i ordered, several were just not as described, or made poorly. Also they are selling items they are not a listed authorized dealer for. It appears they might be using inferior materials and fake brand packaging to make it look like the real deal. This is so common among brand name counterfeiters in china. That is where the vast majority of zulily goods seem to come from.
I decided to use only payment methods that have some form of buyer protections. Like paypal and etc. So maybe go thru them to get a real refund or good resolution. Also i will be reporting them to the real brands in order to stop them selling unauthorized, defective merchandise or fake knockoffs if indeed they are.
Some items seem to be factory seconds/ rejects at best, but nothing is said about it on the item listings. I think retailers are supposed to inform the buyers if it is factory seconds ( defective merch).
Some of this should be reported to the state attorney general's fraud or consumer protection division, the states usually have a form online to report things.
There may also be other accusations being made in the legal realm, here is one of them: https://www.law360.com/articles/762035/zulily-accused-of-using-real-deals-to-legitimize-fake-ones

Tip for consumers: use paypal or other site to pay, that protects the buyer in case of need to return or refund defective items.

jamiem139
8/12/18

They have lots of cute styles for adults and children. Plus sizes fit well. Will continue to shop. My family & friends love it too.

angelas363
8/11/18

I ordered 5 solid-colored tunic tops from Zulily in similar styles. After one wear the fabric was pilling so much that I didn't know if I could wear it a second time. In an attempt to prolong the life of the fabric, I turned it inside out and washed it in delicate. That made it worse. I am very disappointed with the quality and would not order from them again. It made me sad because the tunics were a good fit and were very cute. But unless you are only looking to wear the item once, don't waste your money.

susany60
8/9/18

The items I received did not match what I saw in the online website. Too much of a hassle to return but I will not shop on this website again.

kamilat2
8/8/18

As seen by the overall rating, Zulily is not really a service that I would dare to recommend. The deals might be tempting sometimes, but that's when the magic ends... Long waiting period and just overall really bad quality of the products. Would not recommend.

scottl45
8/6/18

My wife ordered Ray-Ban Polarized Aviator Sunglasses
from Zulily as a gift to me. Recently one of the lenses cracked. Obviously that is not the fault of Zulily. However, when I attempted to replace the cracked lens it was discovered that the glasses I purchased, while saying they are Ray Ban and coming in a Ray Ban Luxottica case, are not, in fact, genuine Ray Ban glasses so the custom replacement lens doesn't fit. In attempting to get the replacement lens corrected, I was required to provide the model number and size, which Luxottica stamps into the temple when the glasses are manufactured. There is nothing. Not only am I now out the substantial purchase price of these phony glasses, I am also out the cost of the replacement lens, and I am unable to replace the cracked lens at all as it is not the same size as a legitimate Ray Ban lens. Lodged my concern with Zulily, After more than a month of chasing it, and several replies of "we're looking into it," they finally decided that I am wrong and the glasses are real. They're not. Buy your "genuine" products from a reputable retailer, or at least save your money and get your fake ones from a flea market.

tamn6
8/1/18

SOmetime I can find great deals on here especially when it comes to stuff for my kids. The only thing is they never offer free shipping. only time they do offer free shipping is when you place the order and after its completed they offer free shipping that you have to used in the next 24 hours. Shipping cost isn't that bad. its like $7 and additional $1 is added to shipping for more items you purchase. Depends who i order from on zulily, sometime i'll received the stuff within 10 days or sometime it can take up to 2 weeks. The quality is whatevers, not great but not bad. some stuff can be cheappppp quality. again it depends whos the seller are.

lisad447
7/26/18

Poor customer service. Poor response time. Poor return policy! Can't get a refund only a credit. Description of the merchandise is not even close. Size are way off.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Many people buy on Zulily and they want to know if they have a system in place for refunds...

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A.

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t.

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T.

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H.

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H.

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D.

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M.

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R.

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V.

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S.
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily