Review of Zulily

service@zulily.com

amandag135
2/19/18

experience!
This was my first time ordering from Zulily. I ordered a lace skirt, a tunic dress and a board book for my son. The prices were half of what I could get them anywhere else. When my items arrived the skirt was ripping at the seams. I called immediately and a real person answered immediately. I loved the skirt and worried that I would have to send it back and I wouldn't be able to get a new one due to limited stock. I could definitely repair the skirt, but that's not the point, I paid for a brand new item so it shouldn't be coming apart at the waistband. Because I didn't want to return it and planned on repairing the skirt, I assumed to not get very far and really only be able to notify them of the issue. Well, To my surprise, they not only refunded my item with my choice of store credit or otogonal payment method, but they also gave me $10 in store credit on top of that. No returning hassle needed. My issue was solved in less than 5 minutes and I couldn't be happier. Not to mention, the customer service ladies I spoke with where incredibly kind! For People complaining about shipping times, Zulily have to wait for the item to first ship to them and then they ship it to you. So, it is understandable that shipping times are a bit longer than other places, however this is not hidden from the customer and I knew before I had ordered because it is stated in their shipping and returns policy. Besides the Rip in the skirt my items where exactly as I expected them to be and of great quality. All the sizes were as stated in the sizing information. When ordering online it is crucial to check the sizing info. I am almost ALWAYS a medium but according to the sizing info on the dress I bought I was a large, so that's what I ordered and it fits beautifully. I will definitely continue to shop with Zulily, great finds and a great price with prompt and curteous customer service!

amyy20
2/19/18

I have always had good experiences ordering from Zulily. I really appreciate that they now show prices in CAD and duty is included at checkout. They make it very clear (IMO) how long you will be waiting to get an item and unless the item indicates Ready To Ship it does take awhile, but it is the way their business model is set up. If I need something within a certain time frame I will not order from here, definitely need to have patience waiting for your goodies to come. However, I have ordered Ready To Ship items and have received within three business days of ordering. Another thing I also like is when items have ratings. Some do, some do not. Adult clothing can be hit or miss on sizing depending on the brand. I have had to contact customer service regarding an issue and they resolved in a reasonable time. It is a legit site, they have unique stuff but before you order make sure you look at the shipping time!!

patriciab240
2/18/18

I ordered a top. Never saw any obvious notice during the ordering process about NO RETURNS. The top was too large, fabric was cheap and the overall item not as described. If you haven't tried it on, haven't seen the fabric in person or have any doubt, do not order. This is a scam to keep your money instead of a reputable company trying to make long term customers.

vickit25
2/16/18

Ordered three bathing suits on January 28th. Have already charged my credit card but still not shipped. I will never order from them again!

ashleyh168
2/16/18

Ok so maybe that isnt the complete truth, but I found out the hard way that there are only select items that you can return. WTH if I had known that I wouldnt have bought shoes from an online source! Of course customer service wont reply either. Never again!

sherryw47
2/13/18

I actually got exactly what I ordered. I had no problems with any of the items. The shipping time is the only issue, but I can live with that. I have ordered twice and have not been disappointed. I generally don't do returns, I just donate what I don't/can't use. If I ever have an issue though, I will put them on blast, but I'm 2 for 2 so far.

judys142
2/12/18

Love the last chance! Best deals around. Did most of my Christmas shopping on Zulily. Found some very unique gifts. I could spend hours on this site. Also, their customer service is top notch.

pninar
2/6/18

Cheap materials, pictures don't reflect the way the cloths really are. This is the second time I ordered. First time was a big disappointment. I gave Zulily a second chance. I ordered a tonic size M. It was too big, sleeves were too long, the material was real cheap. I would be embarrassed to wear something like that. Never again for me.

cathyh77
2/6/18

Update on the Zulily mess in the post below. First,they contacted me on Friday,first by phone,then by email,promising me this was being given highest priority,and would be resolved shortly. Then Saturday,I get an email telling me they can no longer find the transactions,and to contact my financial institution,to start a dispute!!! My financial institute says MasterCard will credit my account the $818.94 overcharge,but if Zulily contests it,they will then have to remove the credit from my account!!! This is a promise to Zulily....if there is even the slightest issue with that refund,even a delay of one day,I will make it my life's work,to make sure everyone on this earth that is connected in any way by social media,text messaging,or email,knows exactly what snakes you are....after we sue. There is another international company out there that could tell you exactly what happens when you go up against my righteous anger,and you stand to lose way more than I ever will. Honesty has a way of winning in the end,and after the huge hassle you have caused,and the amount of time I have had to spend on this issue,you will lose far more than $818.94. You have already lost customers over this,as my private messages (and a few not-so-private ones) can attest to,and I have barely begun. The fact that you think I am dumb enough to believe the "we are unable to pull up those transactions any longer" line,reeks of an arrogance that is begging to brought down...and there is nothing I would enjoy more than showing you just how efficient social media,text messaging,and email,is at doing that,especially when a person has truth on their side. To those of you that have honestly been screwed over by companies,and feel like you "can't fight city hall"....yes,you can,and you should,and you won't regret it.

joycer44
2/4/18

Set of sheets arrived with stitching coming out of the fitted sheet. There was a chunk of lint and threads folded up inside the sheets. I have washed these sheets 3 times now and there is still lint and threads on them. I can't use them. I was also suppose to get free shipping for the time period I ordered. Nope...I got charged. Lesson learned...read reviews first.

marshah19
2/3/18

Wish I'd looked to see the ratings on this company before ordering. You can't return if you don't like it and the product as compared to catalog image is quite inferior on one out of two things i ordered. To quote other, "never again".

terrip30
Terri P.
2/1/18

I will never order from this place again due to horrible return service. You have to pay more than half of what the item is worth just to send it back. Products are not what they seem on the website.

donnat99
2/1/18
• Updated review

I have been using Zulily for about a year now. I am loving the Susan Betro tunics and tops, very up to date and feminine. The sleeves are a nice length and the quality it fantastic. I've received everything from Too Faced makeup, Muk Luk socks, hair products to shoes and much more. One minor problem was instantly resolved by a live representative that you get right away with no computerized menus. Their shipping is a little long but not unbearable. The quality is top notch with each vendor. I got a popular brand rug for $20 that is so gorgeous, everyone comments on it. I'm still wearing the Azaela brand tunics and leggings. I check every day to make sure I don't miss a debut product.

Tip for consumers: Always check the size charts for clothing and have patience with shipping. The Muk Luk socks are soooo soft and I buy them for my family and friends. They're not always available though, but the price is like a third of regular price.

“I'm checking every day for new finds!”
• Previous review

I love the tunics by Azeala and the leggings too. Their plus sizes are great but some of the designers run very small. I stick to Azaela for leggings, they run true to size. You can get really beautiful things and values on this site. It takes a little time for delivery but it's worth it. No refunds, but you can get store credit for returns. They have pocketbooks, shoes, everything. I've bought some Batman coffee mugs that are great. You have to check this out and give them a try.

Tip for consumers: If you are a plus woman like myself, don't buy the Chloe leggings or Chugger. They run way too small but all the others are great. I'm getting the gastric sleeve and will be left with so many 4x tunics. Maybe I can sell or donate them, lol. Have fun.

paiger24
1/24/18

So I ordered something and it shipped everything was great tell it shipped to Oklahoma and I live in Idaho!! Before offering it to be resent they refunded my money witch is great but I still was willing to wait for my order! The customer service sucks! I'm really disappointed! Will not be using them ever again!!!

diannab11
1/22/18

I had never ordered from Zulily, I ordered product on Jan 11th only to find they are not even shipping my order until Jan 24th. After that a 5-7 day delivery date. When I called them they said this was standard policy, I should have read the web site better.

bellaf4
1/19/18

I would strongly recommend avoiding Zulily. Occasionally you'll find a good deal with name brand only things, but even then it's a horrible business model. I can't even count the amount of times I've bought something only to have the item arrive completely different from what was advertised. My issues with this site are: 1) items are not accurately advertised or described (not just inaccurate, like completely off)
2) This is a problem because their return/exchange policy is non-existent. If you're not going to allow customers to return/exchange then describe the item correctly!
3) Website is very frustrating to navigate, really wish there was some type of "sort by" feature beyond "women" and "kids", how about sort by price or newest, etc.
4) Shipping takes WEEKS! I've even waited months. And occasionally they will cancel an item on you while you're waiting those weeks :(

elizabeth
1/19/18

There are good deals to be had on Zulily, but I'd stick mostly to known name brands. The unbranded items are generally the same ones you can find on Ali Express or Ebay for a fraction of the cost.

Shipping time on some items is quite long, so I also wouldn't recommend them if you are in any sort of hurry to receive your merchandise.

mariad160
1/18/18

I ordered 3 tunics from this company. So far, I received two of them. Neat less to say, the fabric quality is bad for all of them. I think you can do better at Wall-Mart or the dollar store. The responses about returns is confusing and the clothing is nothing like its pictures. An advice, try Amazon or EBay. They can do 100% better.

bolaa
1/17/18

I have been shopping Zulily for years and never been disappointed with any of the items I bought. Goods were delivered within the time promised and I have to issues with quality and size. I am particularly pleased abut the jewelry and boots.

ingas4
1/16/18

I have been ordering from Zulily for 3 months, and have been mostly very pleased with the items received. I have purchased 104 various items. I learned what to expect from various brands, some I love, just a few, not so much. I check their sizing chart for each item because it can vary. I purchased 10 down-alternative comforters, they are as soft as described. I had no problem contacting customer service, the rep was very nice and answered my question. Items guaranteed to ship before Christmas did ship as promised. One pair of boots were out of stock, so Zulily gave me a refund plus $10 as a credit! Another cool thing, when I make a purchase on a Friday and pay shipping, anything else I purchase throughout the weekend until Sunday night mighnight, there is no additional shipping cost, and no sales tax either! I recommend shopping Zulily, however be sure you read the item descriptions carefully and consider if waiting longer for your item is acceptable, along with no returns.

Tip for consumers: Read each item description carefully, most items take awhile before they can be shipped. Check each sizing chart, sizes will vary. There are no returns. Excellent shipping costs, only pay once and additional items purchased the rest of the day ship free. Even better if purchased on a Friday, all items purchased over the weekend then ship for no additional shipping cost.

ethelc9
1/16/18

Was very skeptical about ordering many things online but each time I have ordered it has be delivered with satisfaction.

guylained1
1/16/18

This is a quality store. Service is great. All their items are of top quality. A store I keep on going back to:)

darcys13
1/13/18

terrible fit, horrible (non-existent) customer service, incomplete and unfulfilled order. buyers beware.

sharonb217
1/12/18

I cannot believe how difficult it is to get return information. There is some vague info but not enough to understand, so I'm going to take a chance

lenag12
1/11/18

First of all when they say will get before Christmas then it should be delivered before Christmas. Still waiting for my item. 2 months!
I purchased a "Swiss Army" watch a few years back and it broke. Sent it to Swiss Army for repairs only to tell me the watch was not a legitimate Swiss Army.
I will never buy anything name brand here since they sell knock offs.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A., Zulily Representative

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t., Zulily Representative

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T., Zulily Representative

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H., Zulily Representative

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H., Zulily Representative

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D., Zulily Representative

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M., Zulily Representative

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R., Zulily Representative

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V., Zulily Representative

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S., Zulily Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily