Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

virginiak18
12/17/17

IVE MADE ABOUT 5-7 ORDERS FROM THIS SITE AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT 1 PAIR OF BRAND SHOES WAS THE ONLY THING THAT FITTED WELL. I ORDERED A PAIR IF BOOTS THAT WERE 2 SIZES TO BIG AND YOU CANT RETURN ANYTHING IF YOU DO KISS YOUR MONEY GOODBYE BECAUSE ZULILLY AINT PARTING WITH IT. NURSE SCRUBS 3 PAIRS TO SMALL, 2 PAIRS OF SHOES 2 SMALL 1 PAIR OF ANKLE BOOTS THE HEELS FELL OFF. MOTO JACKET XL FITS MORE A MEDIUM TO SMALL, 1X PANTS THAT WERE A LARGE SIZE FITTING.

SEVERAL TIMES I PUT STUFF IN MY CART JUST TO COMPARE DIFFERENT SIZES AND COLORS THAT SOMEHOW ENDING UP BEING ORDERED AND MORE RECENTLY A $65 HOODIE THAT WASNT EVEN IN MY CART. THE ONLY WAY I DISCOVERED IT WAS AN EMAIL SAYING YOUR HOODIE IS ON THE WAY. I COMPLAINED THEY SENT ME A RETURN PAID POSTAGE BUT CHARGED ME A RESTOCKING FEE OF 20% AND A CREDIT TO BUY MORE USELESS JUNK. A PAIR OF QUIPID SHOES 2 SIZES TO SMALL.
THIS SITE IS THERE FOR ONE PURPOSE TO GRAB YOUR MONEY AND HIDE BEHIND CUSTOMER SERVICE. NO APOLIGIES. ONCE YOU GIVE OUT YOUR DEBIT CARD INFO ITS THEIRS TO DO AS THEY DAMN WELL PLEASE. THINGS SITTING IN CARTS SOMEHOW END UP BEING ORDERED.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. THINGS LOOK CHEAP BUT THEY ARE CHEAP RUBBISH FROM CHINA CHURNED OUT IN SWEAT FACTORIES TO MAKE THESE A-HOLES RICH OF YOUR MONEY AND THE BRASS ARE ALL COWARDS AND SCAMMERS. GO TO A LEGITIMATE SITE LIKE HAUTE LOOK

jeannettek3
12/16/17

The order took over a month to be delivered. When the shirts finally arrived I was not at all happy with them. The fabric is really cheap, the color is not even close to what was pictured and the sizing is not true to size. I will never order from Zulily again.

colleeng31
12/16/17

I ordered a tunic and tights from Zulily on November 7th. I received several emails stating it was shipping - but they lacked noting it was shipping from China. Needless to say I just today received - 12/16. I kept getting emails stating that it was in shipment, that UPS had it and even received notification that it was on its way on 11/21. And then another one that noted it was on its way but experienced a "transit delay." Amazon can get packages to you in 2 -3 days, not sure why it takes Zulily just about 6 weeks. I will stick with Amazon.

timmyg7
12/14/17

Ive gotten some excellent things and some terrible things from Zulily. The first items I ever ordered were two tables from Furniture of America which is an excellent brand that only sells through resellers, these arrived in excellent condition and are excellent quality. Got a refurbished iPad that had clearly been used before but has turned out to be a terrific purchase. Ive ordered a few jewelry items and theyre mostly cheap and very cheesy and extremely disappointing; for example a leather bracelet with a tag attached that says real leather that is so obviously real plastic. Most of the jewelry is impossible to give as the gifts intended, its all totally junky. As so many others have mentioned, sizing is way off, sometimes even with the same brand. I like Azalea leggings, theyre usually true to size and fairly well made; forget all the other brands if you need plus size, they just wont fit, or theyll seem fine but wont cover your butt enough when you go wear them. The tunics seem nice even if you can get over the fact that they are totally synthetic, but they dont stretch in the right ways so they dont really fit well or comfortably. Personally I do like Simply Couture, the items do in fact have the cotton content stated, have been true to size - dunno if they will survive machine washing. All the shoes Ive ordered have been spectacular fails, they are either far too large or too small, made of hard plastic that hurts (even if they are advertised as leather!), look crooked (like theyre being worn backwards), and are ridiculously overpriced for plastic shoes; every single pair of shoes and boots have gone unworn in their boxes to charity; I have wasted way too much money trying to buy reasonable discount shoes from this company. As far as affordable brand name discount items in general I feel that Zulily has a deal with manufacturers to sell their rejects.
I could go on.
Do your research, do it carefully. Look for the item at Amazon or anywhere else online and read the description and the reviews. If you really want something, perhaps buy 1-2 of what youd like, to see if you really like them, dont be rushed by the shipping costs or hurry, only 2000 left! Really, if you miss an item there will be plenty more along quite like it and Zulily will notify you when it comes back; if it doesnt you didnt really need it. Zulily definitely sucks in the return area, youre better off donating something than getting frustrated with their lack of customer support. I once ordered a comforter set which was so pathetic for the price I did complain about it and received a store credit minus shipping; some Xmas gifts I ordered as set of 2 only came with one item and I was given store credit, a small refund to my credit card, and told to keep the qty 1 received. The main annoyance in this case is you buy Xmas presents which take forever to arrive and then dont arrive in their entirety and you have to shop all over again while you are running out of time. Shop at Amazon or eBay.

Tip for consumers: Do your research carefully

shirleyw32
12/13/17

Used to love Zulily, the last few months the service has been terrible. The turnaround time has always been slow, but customer service representatives were excellent. I would not advise anyone to shop at Zulily now, constantly receiving the wrong orders, orders partially completed, phones at Zulily not being answered, email correspondence not relevant to the complaint....

jenniferj168
12/13/17

One star WAY TOO GENEROUS. Order took 5 weeks to arrive. Then when I went to wrap the present I saw that the leggings are cut and sewn grossly wrong. Not cut properly on the grain so one leg is twisted and buckled - OH, and 3-4 inches shorter than the other leg!!! 30+ minutes on hold with customer service - still waiting. I clicked through the return screens and by the time they charge me shipping and restocking, I will only get 30% of my purchase price refunded. Don't get sucked in thinking the clothes are cute... real deal is GARBAGE!!!!

staceyw39
12/12/17

I ordered a top on Nov 7th. They didn't ship it until Nov 28th. Now it's stuck in a carrier delay and customer service didn't do anything to help. Their answer was for me to call the carrier and find out what's going on.

This was my first and last order with zulily.

amandal147
12/11/17

Zulily has definitely gone downhill. I have used them for years, however this year, they have managed to ruin Christmas. I ordered several items MONTHS ago, yet they never shipped, even with a Christmas guarantee. I was told two items were delivered, yet I never saw them, and after several calls and being hung up on, managed to get refunded for them. I then canceled two orders for chairs, looked online, and she had only canceled one. I then had to cancel the remaining order for the chair myself, as she had failed to do so. I then had to cancel two other orders from October, as they weren't even close to shipping. I then only received one refund for the chairs, so when I called back, Berneshia informed me it was my bank's fault. I worked at the bank, so I know it never came in, because they don't hold direct deposits. They refused to refund me the $86.94 I was owed, so I was forced to file a dispute with Mastercard, as they had failed to do what was promised. I now have my $86.94 from Mastercard refunded back to my bank account and Zulily will never have my business again. Absolutely terrible practices as of lately.

db196
12/10/17

Ive been shopping with zulily for some time. Most orders have been ok. Others cheap quality. Recently received a wonderful voucher for a case of wine, appreciation voucher.
When I tried to approve the voucher ($100.00 nakedwine) I was told for US customers only,sorry not for Canadian.
Very disappointed will not spend another cent on this company.

janetc120
12/10/17

I have purchased some clothing that I like from Zulily. However, their size charts are usually WAY OFF. I order according to the chart, and many items are way too large or way too small. I consider it to be Zulily's error that their size charts are so inaccurate, but when they send me something that turns out to be the wrong size, they refuse to make it right. Their so-called customer service is via "live chat," but customer service people are slow to respond and it can literally take days to complete a conversation. At one point, I was promised a return address label to return an item that I complained about. However, after haggling for several days, I am coming to terms with the fact that I will never get that return address label.

susanb338
12/10/17

I read through all the reviews, but decided to try them anyway. I read the terms and conditions and seemed to understand the negative reviews by shipment and returns etc. They guaranteed that the shipment would be before christmas I was a little nervous but I called and placed my oder the customer service was great. I cannot tell you how happy l am with my daughters shoes they look exactly like the pictures 1O/1O for me. Good job Zuliliy Thank you!

cherylf51
12/8/17

Quite possibly the WORST company to place orders with I have ever dealt with. NONE of their clothing is in the US, except for a handful of cheap junk. If you place an order in March, don't expect to see your stuff for 2-3 months. Everything comes from all over the world and it takes forever. I ordered a Christmas tunic in October. Today is December 5. I was told it was lost in CHINA and will not arrive until January!! What am I going to do with a Christmas top in January?? Refund or credit? No way! No returns...if it doesn't fit or you totally hate it, too bad. Clothing, when it arrives, is cheap, flimsy material and doesn't last very long. UPDATE...Dec 11..."my shipment is "Delayed in transit from shipper. " Called and asked for a refund. "Sorry..it may still show up." When??? Easter??

AVOID this company...

gwens27
12/8/17

I received my order and the item was broken. I sent an email to Zulily. Received a response back in an hour. They were not able to "fix" or send a replacement but credited both my charge card and gave me an account credit. They also told me to dispose of the item as I saw fit. I was stunned and blown away. Not even Amazon is this good.

dianned22
12/7/17

Keeping in mind that this is an international shipment and it was going to take time. Still provided a tracking system which I was able to see. Received my order and I love them.

margaritam19
12/7/17

Takes forever to get the products, I ordered tennis shoes and regret it.... colors were off, but gave them another chance and order workout leggings that take over a month to arrive and were the WORST QUALITY I EVER SEEN ON LEGGINGS!!!! and I'm talking 19.99 up.... If you go to tj maxx you will find much better quality and price, sorry but I send zulily to spam and erase THE APP.

ceee
Cee E.
12/5/17

Do not let the 'bargains' they offer mislead you - the product you will receive is nothing like what they advertise. i ordered 3 sets of bright blue towels from their "daily deal' email. What i got were dirty-gray colored towels. Customer service (which is laughable - there is no 'customer service') after jerking me around for a month, told me they checked with the vendor and I did receive the correct towels. What? you're going to believe "the vendor" when the photo I sent you clearly shows gray towels? There is a reason the ratings on this company are so low - they are pathetic. Stay far away from them and spend your money on a company with decent reviews and a fair return policy. At least I got something from them - so many people spent money and never saw their orders. So - anyone have a dirty-gray colored bathroom? I have 3 sets of towels that i can't use.....

leek44
12/4/17

Wow, I am getting the same service all of the other client's are getting from Zulily. I actually ordered some items for me for my birthday 11-5-2017. It is the 12-4-2017 and they still have not arrived. I called their customer service department and was advised they are coming from China, they don't know where they are at this time and I can't get a refund until I return the items for a credit. This sounds like a BBB notification and small claims court to me. Neverrrrrrrrrr Everrrrrrrr Orderrrrrrrr from Zulily.

cld2
12/4/17

Wow sometimes you cannot believe how poor a business is. I ordered on Nov 1 2017 it's Dec 4th and it's still not here, not back ordered, just in transit. I had not read reviews prior to ordering. A very bad mistake. I basically have thrown $150 down the toilet. Don't know if I'll ever receive my items. I wanted to cancel my order by Oh no... can't do that either. U
Unbelievable. Like many have said how do they stay in business.

jg139
12/3/17

Since there is no way for me to write a review on their facebook page, let's try this out. I would like to formally warn any current or potential customers of zulily that they should be avoided at all costs. In today's age of Amazon.com, it's hard to justify spending money on shipping on a webite that touts no returns. However, on the rare occasions when I've had an issue, I've been given a store credit and been satisfied. This time, I'm done. I ordered a My Little Pony t-shirt in a size 7/8. The shirt is not a 7/8, despite what its tag says. It's a size 6, at best, maybe a 5. Anyway, I asked zulily if it were possible to return it for a refund. They happily sent me a return label for FedEx and said they would be taking the $5.95 for that out of my refund, leaving me with a store credit of $1.79....When I write reply saying that it's ridiculous that I have to wait 3 weeks for it to come, super slow and cheap USPS style and they want to charge me for FedEx (let alone the fact they want to charge me at all when this is NOT the size it's supposed to be)?! Plus, I don't want store credit. I want it back on my credit card. Their reply was laughable....So yeah, zulily has a laughable and ridiculous return/refund policy, customer service that just parrots back the same B.S. that you're trying to say isn't acceptable, it no longer allows PayPal Credit, the items on the site have little to no description (so I always have to go to Amazon.com to find information on each item), etc., etc. I'm done being a customer, and hopefully someone who reads this will realize they're better off elsewhere, too. Maybe it's time we just go back to shopping in a store when you can see the item before you buy it...or at the very least, just buy it on Amazon.com, they're usually cheaper anyway.

Tip for consumers: Buy only what you KNOW will fit and that you will want.

mariek53
12/1/17

Ordered a winter coat, took over 3 weeks to arrive and reg shipping within country. When arrived there was no return invoice to send back for return???? Size was way off! How can I return when there is no packing invoice with return address label??? Material was not what I was expecting, quality poor. Website is false advertising with photos of clothing that looks nothing like what you get. Very disappointed! Do not order from this company!!

stephb23
11/30/17

Don't waste your time or get your hopes.up.....your child will be grown before your delivery arrives. Also, note express shipping is used very loosely on this site, I order four pairs of girls shoes paid additional to get it by the end of the week, two pairs arrived on time the other two didn't. I called customer care and was causally advised that yeah the additional money you paid only cover the two pairs that we had in stock, the other two is coming from the vender so we can't guarantee exactly when you will receive the remainder of your rider!!!! Lesson learn, I will never make another purchase from Zulily.

pm86
11/30/17

I received an invite on the promotions area of my email account. The clothes look interesting and different. Then I looked at the reviews that are terrible. Then I read the terms and condition page which read like a contract no one should ever sign.

annamarieb
11/29/17

Worst site I have ever ordered from. Save your money. Shop somewhere else. I will never order from Zulily again.

nickishat
11/27/17

First, shipping takes at least a month to six weeks for your product to arrive. If youre lucky enough to receive the correct product and you didnt need it by a specific date and it actually matches the stated sizing, good for you! Otherwise, youll get a product that doesnt match the item description, sizing, or your order gets cancelled. If you try sending them a Facebook private message, no one responds. So you try posting to their Facebook page, they remove your post. Try email, you get an automated response. A real person will send you a message 2 days later with a scripted response. If youve received a wrong product, theyll send you a return label. However, getting your money back takes MANY weeks again! They tell you 10-15 business days from when you ship your return. After 15 business days, I contact them & now they say 15 business days from when THEY receive the package. Thats right, they take 3 weeks after receiving your return to give your money back for THEIR mistake! They received my return 17 days ago and processed it, but havent submitted a refund yet. I dont know how they stay in business. I made a return in late October, its almost December and I still dont have my money back for a cheap Chinese knockoff of the item I ordered. It was a completely different product. I ordered a solar powered copper colored camping LED lantern. They sent me a very small black, plastic battery powered lamp that looked like it was from the Dollar Store. All the packaging was in Chinese. Not even the name brand of the item that was advertised on their site. I took pictures of it and emailed their customer service. They wont acknowledge that they play the old bait and switch game with consumers. Dont order from them. Theyve lost another customer.

cindih9
11/27/17

This site should re-name itself Run-around Zu!!! By far the worst online order I have ever made. I ordered 3 tunic tops on Oct. 30th. They stated my delivery would arrive on Nov. 22. I have not received my order yet and when i try to track the pkg. through them it shows: 11-16 shipped from client
11-16 order shipped
11-17 shipped from client
11-17 order shipped
11-18 shipped from client
11-18 order shipped..........and so on and so on up until the 27th!!!!
According to USPS they have no information!!! WTH!!! How are they still in business??

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A.

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t.

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T.

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H.

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H.

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M.

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R.

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V.

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S.
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily