Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

deannam82
2/19/19

I have looked at their products on line and thought I would give them a chance. Big Mistake!! the sizes are huge, they look like they were designed for menopausal elephants and the fabric is absolute garbage, homeless people would run screaming! best of all, when you try to return all you get is a store credit. So you can get more crap !! Flush your money
down the toilet instead.

tammif1
2/18/19

I love the verity and many shops have low prices. Usually once you buy something until midnight you get free shipping,so buy your smallest item 1st pay for it and then shop all you want.

lisac802
2/16/19

Sometimes Zulily has interesting things to offer. I have a real bone of contention with them though....their page says here "very responsive". Big lie. Totally inaccurate. EVERTIME WITHOUT FAIL that I go into FB message with this company.... it takes some time for someone to respond and once they do, it pretty much is guaranteed you become a HOSTAGE and have to wait that someone who connected to you isn't online with 20 other HOSTAGES, and eventually comes back to you after acknowledging you're connected and actually answers your question(s).
It's happened for the last time today. I am done. In addition to that... there's nothing more frustrating then considering something, choosing it, putting it in the cart, and then you go to checkout and it's gone. Then you double check, it says there is still more in stock, let's you choose it again, and it's gone again. But this wasn't about that today. And I don't normally go profane...but I am so TIRED of being someone's HOSTAGE in PERPETUAL HOLD HELL. NO MORE!!!!!

karene299
2/10/19

I have ordered many times and have been more than satisfied with the quality of the products and enjoy the wide variety of items to choose from.

johnw1552
2/10/19

Ordered on Jan 31. Won't even ship until the 16th.
Originally stated order would arrive by the 16th.

isabelj7
2/6/19

I have never received poor service and delivery was always on time or before actual date
I will be dealing with this company as they stay in business

susanm910
2/3/19

While Zulily is great for quality children's clothing/shoes and handbags, it is terrible for adult clothing. I was embarrassed to find things I bought for Christmas and had sent directly to gift recipients were all low quality beginning with use of cheap fabric from China and poor construction/sewing. Fabric was 95% polyester/5% Spandex. They were sold under the labels of Reborn and Lbisse and many others. The same companies sell under different labels on Amazon. If it looks like a deal, it probably isn't. There is no way I would wear this stuff. When I go to Macy's or other leading department stores I always choose by style, color, quality of fabric, quality of construction. Sometimes I buy 95% polyester/5% synthetic but it is a heavier weave - you can't see through it, the clothing hangs better, has a better "hand" (feel) and drapes beautifully. Not like the fabric sold to me on Zulily.

The problem with all these clothing manufacturers in China is they cut every possible corner in all areas except for style and color. They can make clothing look good so that it sells but it is just junk. China produces fabric for some top designers and it is quality fabric so they know what they are doing is taking advantage of unsuspecting American customers. Zulily helps perpetuate this fakery.

If there was a way to demonstrate the shortcomings via a photo I would be happy to post several but you can't see the movement of the fabric or the light showing through that screams CHEAP FABRIC HERE. Construction is usually sufficient until you launder the thing then you find strings of hemming coming undone, mismatched seams. My advice is if you care and want to make an investment in the quality of your clothing buy elsewhere or even go to the second hand stores and you will sometimes find better quality there. No more buying online unless I can return for free for a full refund, not a store credit.

barbaraa248
1/31/19

Shoppers, beware! Zulily does not give refunds on returns, only store credits. In the all-too-common realm of alternative facts, they insist on calling a store credit a 'refund'. Zulily, a credit is not a refund, no matter how often or assertively you say it. You will also get shortchanged on a return when they charge you $8.95 for the package label. My return weighed a few ounces, which would cost less than half of that if I putt my own label on it and take it to the post office! MUCH cheaper! So it appears the vaunted Zulily is just like a bank, - they accept your money, keep it and make interest on it until whenever you order again, (remember you MUST order again) and lay on fees, in this case, in the forms of mailing charges.

debbier18
1/28/19

Always so fun to look each morning to see what's new. Great Products and prices. Customer service has been great too

Tip for consumers: Return policy is good, but you pay for your own returns

teresaf98
1/19/19

I purchased two items in October. Returned them within two weeks and still have Not had my issue resolved. Every time I inquire about the status, I get a ridiculous email about how long it takes to process a return. I'm sure it does not take three months to return to blouses.

barbaram606
1/17/19

your automatic system is maddening! It is unusable the computer doesn't stop talking long enough for an answer, no touch tone response, completely crazy! besides the fact that zulily does not honor their agreement. it cost me more money to purchase from zulily with their stupid return policy and I returned the item because I was pissed that my credit card agreement wasn't honored. ending up paying return postage for something I don't have. your quality is sub par at best. your customer service chews on carrots when they are supposed to help. I will never buy from or give a recommendation to your company. I need to go wash my hands I feel dirty when I have to deal with you. I just received a jacket that I stupidly bothered to use a store credit on and it . it smells like petroleum and feels like burlap. If there is a bad review believe it run don't waste your time or money you would be better off on wish and that's bad! don't deserve any stars!

patriciab236
1/11/19

I placed an order on 12/26; shipment sent to my place of business that has been here for years, package was returned for invalid address. Called to find out why it was sent back as the address is valid and is a place of business. After re verifying the address was correct they still told me it wasn't a valid address. Asked them to send my two packages to a different address and was told the items are no longer available. Still have an order outstanding and they have no idea if I will receive it or when. HORRIBLE SERVICE

audral9
Audra L.
1/5/19

Poor quality. Bad customer service. I have bought online for years and this company is one of the worse I have dealt with.

maliao1
1/3/19

I placed an order on December 4. So glad it wasn't for Christmas. On December 20, it landed in Los Angeles. Just checked tracking today, January 3. It still hasnt left L.A. Last time I order from Zulily.

beckar1
1/2/19

I received a shipment which was supposed to contain a xmas gift I ordered on 12/20/18. When I opened the box it was not my item and not my name on packing slip. And something really ugly! Emailed three times and got nothing but the canned response . Very poor customer service

taylorm181
1/1/19

OK... So I too do NOT enjoy anyone keeping or trying to keep money that simply put... is MINE. That said, hold ZULILY to the same high standards they expect from you!!! Here's how...
Does the item you received MATCH or come close, to the sizing chart you were shown at the time of your purchase? WRITE THIS DOWN WHEN YOU ORDER! If not, get a supervisor & insist on a refund! If the merch is not presented appropriately, (and 80% of the time it's not!) then you have every right for 1 of 2 things to happen... They must EXCHANGE the item for one matching the sizing posted, (not gonna happen ladies) or they may refund the purchase!!! No loopholes girls. If they refuse, call your bank! A GOOD bank will back you up (credit OR debit) oh, and they MUST provide you with a FREE RETURN SHIPPING LABEL! Hope this helps, then perhaps they'll finally Get The Message.

Tip for consumers: READ MY REVIEW! Only because there are things you NEED to know before shopping with ZULILY & laying out all your hard earned money.

lafondar
1/1/19

I have since ordered from zulily and I had a pretty good experience. I didn't understand the process at first but now that I know I will give extra time to receive my purchases because they have a lot of nice things. They also offer a payment plan that allows you to split up your payments if they are over a certain amount.

michellem671
12/31/18

Zulily used to be good. They used to sell excess products from reputable department stores. So...i ordered two sweaters as Christmas gifts. Not cheap - totalling around 75.00. I ordered on Nov 28th. It is now Dec 31st and NOTHING. I now find out they're selling crap from China, and blaming the federal government shutdown for the delay. Their customer service response is some canned, say-nothing-in-100-words BS. they have become nothing but a go-between for crummy products from China. DO NOT BUY FROM ZULILY - OR SUZANNE BETRO PRODUCTS ( the Brand Name of the sweaters)

ajj34
12/31/18

Zulily supposedly changed their return policy. If something doesn't fit (a regular occurrence for most of us), they KEEP our money as a store credit. No choice. So, let's see - an item or two doesn't fit, we send it back, THEY keep our money, no refund, only a store credit MINUS the shipping/handling $8.95 which we have NOW paid twice for - and then each time we are forced to use the store credit we didn't want in the first place, and something doesn't fit? We get dinged again $8.95 and pretty soon, they have not only kept our money the first time but we will have in essence paid through the nose again for nothing. FIGHT BACK - CUSTOMERS - do NOT take this BS from Zulily.

Tip for consumers: If you are a gambling person, you may enjoy it. My tip after years of trying to use this company? RUN AND DO NOT LOOK BACK. NordstromRack online is wonderful as they DO NOT KEEP YOUR MONEY. Belk, Von Maur, Dillard's, Jet.com, ANYONE but Zulily.

lynns246
12/30/18

Ordered two shirts and they were made in China and were two sizes too small. Returned them and they would not refund my money. I have to buy something else from their site! I was also charged two shipping fees, once when I bought items and once again when I returned items. Total of $16.95 just for shipping! Bunch of crooks!

teresas301
12/29/18

I have purchased twice from Zulily and received terrible quality clothing. First of all, it took a month and a half to get my order (!) so be prepared to WAIT if you are dare to make a purchase... Refunds are only applied to store credit, and you have to pay $8.95 shipping to send anything back. So I tried to spend the store credit and received clothing of terrible quality again, again a month and a half later, only to send it back and be docked another 8.95 for shipping. After three phone calls to Zulily, two folks told me I could get my money back on my credit card and the last one said they all were wrong and I could only get store credit...again. At this point all of my original money will be spent on shipping inferior products back to Zulily. I will never again shop at Zulily and neither will anyone I know.

sonnyl9
12/20/18

Products are not as described and of low quality, and nothing ever ships or is received on time. Customer service is a joke and will refuse to address any concerns, instead giving generic, canned responses and excuses for their terrible practices. THE definition of a shady company. Stay far away, there are hundreds of other merchants with better products and shipping, and WAY better customer service.

dianaw153
12/13/18

I do not believe these purses are coming from italy...shipped from Ohio...customer service rep said they come from an international vendor????china????...very sketch websites

beckya44
12/13/18

I placed an order on 11/26/18 for a personalized item as a Christmas present. I received a confirmation email that the estimated shipping date would be 12/07/18. Well 12/07/18 came and went with no update from Zulily. On 12/11/18 I reached out to check the status of my order and was told by Zulily that they apologized that no one had informed me that there was a delay with shipping my item and they did not know when it would ship. I asked to cancel the order and was told they would get back to me within 7-10 days!! Are you kidding me!?

amyf166
12/12/18

I have occasionally ordered clothing from Zulily for years. Despite the return/stocking fee of $8.95 being a bit ridiculous, I really never had major problems with Zulily -

UNTIL DECEMBER 2018!!

Most women order a couple of different sizes because sizes are
all over the place. So imagine my shock and dismay when I decided to return a
few items, and they tell me I get a STORE CREDIT.

I replied that I didn't WANT a store credit, I wanted my
refund via PayPal and my credit card, the original method of payment.

And I get another email stating "our return policy has
changed."

Oh, how convenient for you, Zulily.

What is really sad about this is that I really liked the
variety of clothing on the site, and I had always told friends who asked "where
did you buy your amazing dress?(or top, or jacket, or tunic.) to check out Zulily website.

Apparently Zulily doesn't care to retain loyal customers.

Especially at Christmastime, when most of us are spending
extra money, it's rather a sickening stomach punch to be told my good faith
purchases and possible returns would result in Zulily keeping my money.
Reminiscent of the old bait and switch game.

Shameful.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Many people buy on Zulily and they want to know if they have a system in place for refunds...

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A.

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t.

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T.

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H.

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H.

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D.

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M.

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R.

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V.

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S.
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

Zulily?