Zulily

Zulily has a consumer rating of 2.95 stars from 4,318 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Zulily also ranks 5th among Daily Deals sites. The most common issues with Zulily are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 78.3%

• They clearly mark on the description pages the return policy, shipping timeframes and more.
  • *if buying clothing, pay special attention to the size chart that is available for each item.

• At the bottom of the email, it indicates that once received, I will have a store credit applied to my account?
  • When I started to receive the items that I ordered, the other problems with Zulily began.
How would you rate Zulily?

“Business Sassy”

Mary L.
2/26/20

Everything I buy from Zulily is top quality. Whether it is an established name brand, or an up and coming style. It is always spot on. The collections that are offered together usually are shown with complimenting accessories. It's like having a secret stylist. Only, on my schedule. Some days, I don't get a chance to enjoy the Zulily sight until 10:30 at night. That's my me and my Zulily time. Talk about convenience.

“Ripoff”

MONIQUE S.
3/26/20

Their products are very cheep and most are shipped directly from China taking weeks to get to you. Their customer service is terrible too. I had several items with damage and they wouldn't give me my money back, just a store credit. Oh and if you want to send something back that isnt the right size or has other issues you have to pay the return shipping and you also only get store credit, no refund. I WILL NEVER BUY HERE AGAIN!

Reviews (4,318)

customer service (826) store credit (271) return policy (199) items (1704) order (2572) 3 weeks (149) credit card (124) size chart (114) 2 weeks (70) love shopping (55) time (1544) post office (39)
moniques83
March 26th, 2020
shirleyr215
February 25th, 2020
I buy $80. $100 a day shopping on Zulily, 85% of the time I keep the products I ordered, but sometimes I have to return items bc they either don't fit or the product description was very vague, so I return some items and as much of a quantity that I buy I usually wait till I have a good bit gathered before I make a return. Usually your return has been pretty good but now I'm getting charged $44.75 for a return fee. That's ridiculous, and i will from now on be very selective at what I purchase
siomaral
August 24th, 2020
They claim is sterling silver. They not they turn up fingers green in less than a week. I ordered another ring and its plastic. It was supposed be sterling silver. This company just wants to sell whatever n lied to customers. Customers service keeps telling you they r the only person you can talked to. I don't think customers service owns this company. VERY DISAPPOINTED.
jennym357
September 10th, 2020
I was very excited to buy a couple of my fragrances from Zulily however when I received the order it was all fake. Smells different because of all the synthetic in them. I am a fragrance expert and the box said made in Switzerland. Customer should be aware of buying fragrance from Zulily. I am trying to return the six bottles That I bought.
vernitap2
June 8th, 2020
Ordered a blouse in early May. Took 22 days for delivery. According to the size chart I would wear a large. Their idea of a large looked more like a small. Returned item 11 days ago, can not track package now, and they are keeping almost half of what I paid for the item, plus getting store credit. I still don't have the refund.
maryl1139
craigr196
June 15th, 2020
They are very hard to get a hold of and will not answer your emails. It has taken over 30 days to get my items and have still not received them.Be very careful dealing with this company. I wish I would have read the reviews before I purchase anything from them I would advise you to read ALL the reviews. Not a good company to deal with, they are a third party company so they don't care once they get your money.
lindab2080
July 11th, 2020
You have to read the fine print to know that not all there products are eligible for return and if you do have one, you pay to ship plus a restocking fee. I ordered a product and it fit great. When I ordered the same product in the same size again, the product was too small. Poor quality control. Also found out the product is not eligible for return. Do not recommend buying from this site.
victorial211
April 9th, 2020
The quality of the products has been disappointing. Cheaply made, poor quality fabrics that do not wear well. Sometimes, I get something that is acceptable. The delivery takes forever and the return policy is the worst I've seen in the online business. I still do business with Zulily but only for certain brands I know will work out. I also don't want to support Amazon, but Zulily needs to change their return policy and make it work better for the consumer. Also, improving delivery times would keep my business.
irinag39
June 22nd, 2020
I ordered four baby items at ones as a present for newborn.
They sent them separately with 7-10 days apart: 0! Who would ever do that? Present is ruined! I will never deal with them again! If I could of put zero, I would.
lindseyb97
March 9th, 2020
Buyer beware, shop very carefully.
It's a major gamble shopping on this site. Received completely incorrect items on a few occasions (2 pairs of earring were completely the wrong color/material from what was listed online). Inconsistent sizing, inconsistent quality at times (several items were inconsistent with size charts). Shipping can be slow, orders can be cancelled or items unavailable even after being charged. Nonexistent refund policy, expect to pay shipping twice, even if it's the merchant error. Minimally helpful customer service at times. Prices seem higher for most items, deals not as good as they used to be (perhaps post QVC merge). Many positive reviews seem suspiciously similar in wording and pour out all at once (or around same/similar dates).
teae
March 2nd, 2020
I'm thoroughly satisfied with my many, many purchases over the last 6 months. Returns are easy and simple. I've seen some amazing deals come and go, most of which I took advantage (Coats, shoes, boots, clothes, storage cubes, you name it!). I'm even more amazed when I see companies that are not your average neighborhood store, like the Charleston Shoe Co. I learned of them when I was in Charleston SC. Imagine my surprised and joy to see them on here! Zulily is absolutely a wonderful site!
holleyt1
July 24th, 2020
Zulily uses the delivery services of OnTrac which is notorious for missing packages... their drives STEAL your packages. I'm never ordering from Zulily again. Tired of buying pants for strangers...
sz13
February 26th, 2020
I have been disappointed with many purchases that seem like a good deal until I receive the product. I have shopped with QVC. So when I saw Zulily was affiliated, I decided to give it a chance. Unfortunately, this company does not live up to the same standard at QVC. Returns are such a hassle (and I don't always receive my refund, UGH). That I am reluctant to purchase more from this site
tt150
January 7th, 2020
First time ordering. 4 out of the 5 items were ok. One item was much too large and also had a front pocket on sweatshirt sewn on crooked! I opted to return it. Only to get a USPS label that they want to charge me nearly $9 for. Excuse me? I'm pretty sure if I had went to my local post office, it would not have been $9! What a rip off, especially for something that was a mfg defect, the item was NLA on their site. It's like they are making money off you for shipping, TWICE!
aprilb204
February 26th, 2020
I've had some good experiences with well known brands, but there have been a few times where the products/sizing of products were super inconsistent. Compared to other sellers, the shipping costs are pretty high with Zulily. And the products take FOREVER to ship! Honestly sometimes I completely forget I've placed an order by the time it ships out. Thank goodness I order a size up for anything for my kids because by the time it arrives, they would have outgrown whatever I purchased.
kathleenh329
January 10th, 2020
Trying to get out of this company but they only give you credit back, most stuff is cheap or damaged and never arrives on in because it comes on a slow boat from China and my stink! Very bad accounting and computer adding!
lanl16
August 18th, 2020
Very difficult to get status update after the return was picked up from local USPS 20 days ago. Email to customer service won't get you much help. It was not worth the trouble.
nancyw593
February 26th, 2020
I have purchased many, many items. I have been pleased with some and very displeased with others. Today I received a swarovski
Crystal ring and the stones are loose in the bag! I never even opened it! No Clothing items have EVER fit & the return cost is much too high. Yes, the items were a bit cheaper than in a store BUT - NOT worth it! I think I'M DONE with this business.
Nancy Wojciechowski (*******@gmail.com)
js1132
January 11th, 2020
I love the variety of available items on Zulily. I can buy everything from cleaning supplies, office and school supplies, kitchen and laundry to my wardrobe. That said, you have to have patience awaiting your purchases. Some can take weeks before they arrive. In general I'm happy with the quality of my purchases and have had to send very few items back. That's another draw back as well. You get Zulily credit upon a return, not a refund. I will definitely continue to use Zulily as one of my main apps to buy online.
karolh15
February 26th, 2020
Thank you requesting my review of Zulily. I've truly enjoyed my shopping experience. Easy online ordering & credit card payments. Excellent customer service. Only wish shipping was faster, however I understand grouping items together helps keep reduced cost of items. However I've been waiting almost a month on an order, which seems too long of a wait. Also, why am I receiving different shipping amounts? Has there been an increase in shipping rates? Thanks!
robinb428
February 26th, 2020
First of all, dont let the low prices fool you! Most everything that I have purchased has been high quality at a low, discounted price! Some items have been disappointing, but for the majority, everything is super great! And they offer almost anything under the sun! I am a Zulily addict and I check here before going to the top chains or Amazon! Try them, and you will love them!
kathyf324
January 9th, 2020
I have been with Zulily a while. Their advertisements of their goods on the site make the item appealing but when you receive them they are cheap and made in China. The sizes are totally off, and they send you sizes you did not ask for. One out of ten items are legit and good for the price. But overall I think I will end this live hate relationship with Zulily at this point. They better change some things because online shopping is the future. And it is very frustrating to get a bunch of goods you a not use and have to keep sending back. Just order these boots and they are suppose to be a 11 wide boots. NOT
ceciliam154
February 26th, 2020
I love Zulily, especially the discounts and varieties. It's like a treasure hunt. I've been a dedicated customer ever since Zulily first came out. I get why shipping is slow because you all have to wait for the vendor to ship items to you which is perfectly understandable. Lately however, my items have been shipped to someone else or have gone past a certain time frame to be shipped and I'm a little disappointed in that. Also, the customer service went from excellent to just ok.
annp265
June 19th, 2020
I ordered kitchen utensils that were listed on Zulily as Made in Germany. When I received them, they were clearly marked as Made in China. I paid Made in Germany prices for Chinese. I was so disappointed. It was also false advertising which is illegal in the US. The first time I called the CSR was able to pull up the site on her system and yes, they were listed as Made in Germany. She had me email her photos of the labels and the packing slip. She would talk to the "buying team" and would get back to me. Well, she never got back to me so I called again today.
Spoke with a floor supervisor. What was most dismaying is that she did not care or own the fact that her company had engaged in illegal acts. She did not care about defrauding me. She just kept offering me a full refund. Zulily and this supervisor are morally bankrupt. They do not care if they are liars or frauds. They do not care about the quality of their products or the quality of their service.
Caveat emptor! Don't let the allure of a seemingly great deal cloud your judgment. Buy from a reputable site that will stand behind their products.

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. That something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A.
See more answers (41)

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t.
See more answers (32)

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H.
See more answers (18)

Nope... no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T.