Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

amandal147
12/11/17

Zulily has definitely gone downhill. I have used them for years, however this year, they have managed to ruin Christmas. I ordered several items MONTHS ago, yet they never shipped, even with a Christmas guarantee. I was told two items were delivered, yet I never saw them, and after several calls and being hung up on, managed to get refunded for them. I then canceled two orders for chairs, looked online, and she had only canceled one. I then had to cancel the remaining order for the chair myself, as she had failed to do so. I then had to cancel two other orders from October, as they weren't even close to shipping. I then only received one refund for the chairs, so when I called back, Berneshia informed me it was my bank's fault. I worked at the bank, so I know it never came in, because they don't hold direct deposits. They refused to refund me the $86.94 I was owed, so I was forced to file a dispute with Mastercard, as they had failed to do what was promised. I now have my $86.94 from Mastercard refunded back to my bank account and Zulily will never have my business again. Absolutely terrible practices as of lately.

db196
12/10/17

Ive been shopping with zulily for some time. Most orders have been ok. Others cheap quality. Recently received a wonderful voucher for a case of wine, appreciation voucher.
When I tried to approve the voucher ($100.00 nakedwine) I was told for US customers only,sorry not for Canadian.
Very disappointed will not spend another cent on this company.

janetc120
12/10/17

I have purchased some clothing that I like from Zulily. However, their size charts are usually WAY OFF. I order according to the chart, and many items are way too large or way too small. I consider it to be Zulily's error that their size charts are so inaccurate, but when they send me something that turns out to be the wrong size, they refuse to make it right. Their so-called customer service is via "live chat," but customer service people are slow to respond and it can literally take days to complete a conversation. At one point, I was promised a return address label to return an item that I complained about. However, after haggling for several days, I am coming to terms with the fact that I will never get that return address label.

susanb338
12/10/17

I read through all the reviews, but decided to try them anyway. I read the terms and conditions and seemed to understand the negative reviews by shipment and returns etc. They guaranteed that the shipment would be before christmas I was a little nervous but I called and placed my oder the customer service was great. I cannot tell you how happy l am with my daughters shoes they look exactly like the pictures 1O/1O for me. Good job Zuliliy Thank you!

cherylf51
12/8/17

Quite possibly the WORST company to place orders with I have ever dealt with. NONE of their clothing is in the US, except for a handful of cheap junk. If you place an order in March, don't expect to see your stuff for 2-3 months. Everything comes from all over the world and it takes forever. I ordered a Christmas tunic in October. Today is December 5. I was told it was lost in CHINA and will not arrive until January!! What am I going to do with a Christmas top in January?? Refund or credit? No way! No returns...if it doesn't fit or you totally hate it, too bad. Clothing, when it arrives, is cheap, flimsy material and doesn't last very long. UPDATE...Dec 11..."my shipment is "Delayed in transit from shipper. " Called and asked for a refund. "Sorry..it may still show up." When??? Easter??

AVOID this company...

gwens27
12/8/17

I received my order and the item was broken. I sent an email to Zulily. Received a response back in an hour. They were not able to "fix" or send a replacement but credited both my charge card and gave me an account credit. They also told me to dispose of the item as I saw fit. I was stunned and blown away. Not even Amazon is this good.

dianned22
12/7/17

Keeping in mind that this is an international shipment and it was going to take time. Still provided a tracking system which I was able to see. Received my order and I love them.

margaritam19
12/7/17

Takes forever to get the products, I ordered tennis shoes and regret it.... colors were off, but gave them another chance and order workout leggings that take over a month to arrive and were the WORST QUALITY I EVER SEEN ON LEGGINGS!!!! and I'm talking 19.99 up.... If you go to tj maxx you will find much better quality and price, sorry but I send zulily to spam and erase THE APP.

ceee
Cee E.
12/5/17

Do not let the 'bargains' they offer mislead you - the product you will receive is nothing like what they advertise. i ordered 3 sets of bright blue towels from their "daily deal' email. What i got were dirty-gray colored towels. Customer service (which is laughable - there is no 'customer service') after jerking me around for a month, told me they checked with the vendor and I did receive the correct towels. What? you're going to believe "the vendor" when the photo I sent you clearly shows gray towels? There is a reason the ratings on this company are so low - they are pathetic. Stay far away from them and spend your money on a company with decent reviews and a fair return policy. At least I got something from them - so many people spent money and never saw their orders. So - anyone have a dirty-gray colored bathroom? I have 3 sets of towels that i can't use.....

leek44
12/4/17

Wow, I am getting the same service all of the other client's are getting from Zulily. I actually ordered some items for me for my birthday 11-5-2017. It is the 12-4-2017 and they still have not arrived. I called their customer service department and was advised they are coming from China, they don't know where they are at this time and I can't get a refund until I return the items for a credit. This sounds like a BBB notification and small claims court to me. Neverrrrrrrrrr Everrrrrrrr Orderrrrrrrr from Zulily.

cld2
12/4/17

Wow sometimes you cannot believe how poor a business is. I ordered on Nov 1 2017 it's Dec 4th and it's still not here, not back ordered, just in transit. I had not read reviews prior to ordering. A very bad mistake. I basically have thrown $150 down the toilet. Don't know if I'll ever receive my items. I wanted to cancel my order by Oh no... can't do that either. U
Unbelievable. Like many have said how do they stay in business.

jg139
12/3/17

Since there is no way for me to write a review on their facebook page, let's try this out. I would like to formally warn any current or potential customers of zulily that they should be avoided at all costs. In today's age of Amazon.com, it's hard to justify spending money on shipping on a webite that touts no returns. However, on the rare occasions when I've had an issue, I've been given a store credit and been satisfied. This time, I'm done. I ordered a My Little Pony t-shirt in a size 7/8. The shirt is not a 7/8, despite what its tag says. It's a size 6, at best, maybe a 5. Anyway, I asked zulily if it were possible to return it for a refund. They happily sent me a return label for FedEx and said they would be taking the $5.95 for that out of my refund, leaving me with a store credit of $1.79....When I write reply saying that it's ridiculous that I have to wait 3 weeks for it to come, super slow and cheap USPS style and they want to charge me for FedEx (let alone the fact they want to charge me at all when this is NOT the size it's supposed to be)?! Plus, I don't want store credit. I want it back on my credit card. Their reply was laughable....So yeah, zulily has a laughable and ridiculous return/refund policy, customer service that just parrots back the same B.S. that you're trying to say isn't acceptable, it no longer allows PayPal Credit, the items on the site have little to no description (so I always have to go to Amazon.com to find information on each item), etc., etc. I'm done being a customer, and hopefully someone who reads this will realize they're better off elsewhere, too. Maybe it's time we just go back to shopping in a store when you can see the item before you buy it...or at the very least, just buy it on Amazon.com, they're usually cheaper anyway.

Tip for consumers: Buy only what you KNOW will fit and that you will want.

mariek53
12/1/17

Ordered a winter coat, took over 3 weeks to arrive and reg shipping within country. When arrived there was no return invoice to send back for return???? Size was way off! How can I return when there is no packing invoice with return address label??? Material was not what I was expecting, quality poor. Website is false advertising with photos of clothing that looks nothing like what you get. Very disappointed! Do not order from this company!!

stephb23
11/30/17

Don't waste your time or get your hopes.up.....your child will be grown before your delivery arrives. Also, note express shipping is used very loosely on this site, I order four pairs of girls shoes paid additional to get it by the end of the week, two pairs arrived on time the other two didn't. I called customer care and was causally advised that yeah the additional money you paid only cover the two pairs that we had in stock, the other two is coming from the vender so we can't guarantee exactly when you will receive the remainder of your rider!!!! Lesson learn, I will never make another purchase from Zulily.

pm86
11/30/17

I received an invite on the promotions area of my email account. The clothes look interesting and different. Then I looked at the reviews that are terrible. Then I read the terms and condition page which read like a contract no one should ever sign.

annamarieb
11/29/17

Worst site I have ever ordered from. Save your money. Shop somewhere else. I will never order from Zulily again.

nickishat
11/27/17

First, shipping takes at least a month to six weeks for your product to arrive. If youre lucky enough to receive the correct product and you didnt need it by a specific date and it actually matches the stated sizing, good for you! Otherwise, youll get a product that doesnt match the item description, sizing, or your order gets cancelled. If you try sending them a Facebook private message, no one responds. So you try posting to their Facebook page, they remove your post. Try email, you get an automated response. A real person will send you a message 2 days later with a scripted response. If youve received a wrong product, theyll send you a return label. However, getting your money back takes MANY weeks again! They tell you 10-15 business days from when you ship your return. After 15 business days, I contact them & now they say 15 business days from when THEY receive the package. Thats right, they take 3 weeks after receiving your return to give your money back for THEIR mistake! They received my return 17 days ago and processed it, but havent submitted a refund yet. I dont know how they stay in business. I made a return in late October, its almost December and I still dont have my money back for a cheap Chinese knockoff of the item I ordered. It was a completely different product. I ordered a solar powered copper colored camping LED lantern. They sent me a very small black, plastic battery powered lamp that looked like it was from the Dollar Store. All the packaging was in Chinese. Not even the name brand of the item that was advertised on their site. I took pictures of it and emailed their customer service. They wont acknowledge that they play the old bait and switch game with consumers. Dont order from them. Theyve lost another customer.

cindih9
11/27/17

This site should re-name itself Run-around Zu!!! By far the worst online order I have ever made. I ordered 3 tunic tops on Oct. 30th. They stated my delivery would arrive on Nov. 22. I have not received my order yet and when i try to track the pkg. through them it shows: 11-16 shipped from client
11-16 order shipped
11-17 shipped from client
11-17 order shipped
11-18 shipped from client
11-18 order shipped..........and so on and so on up until the 27th!!!!
According to USPS they have no information!!! WTH!!! How are they still in business??

irinag17
11/27/17

The worst purchase ever! The quality of the material is terrible! Tried to return the items, but it feels like nobody wants to respond to my messages

janed246
11/26/17

Horrible horrible return policy and customer service. Why do it when there are so many other better companies that offer low to zero shipping and great returns? Good luck is all I can say. I bought a jacket, size small, which I am and XS in all other clothing but Small was the smallest size they had. The mid section was normal fitting but the arms I couldn't even get into with a sweater on. I tried on without any shirt and it was ridiculously tight and uncomfortable. They offered less than half on what I paid for on the item to return. I would rather donate or give to a friend than give any more business to that awful company. GOOD LUCK ZULILY.

ac798
11/25/17

I purchased a tunic based on the picture which is deceiving. It is the cheapest material I have ever seen. I believe the fabric is made of some sort of plastic mixed with spandex. You can depend on being greatly dissapointed. Don't waste your time or money.

cathyt36
11/22/17

I saw Zulily as an advertisement on Facebook. I placed an order and was very dissatisfied with the items. I ordered 3 sizes larger than my usual size, allowing for sizing to be inaccurate and they were still too small! When I placed the order I was told when they'd arrive, but they arrived 4 days later! So, even if I'd received them on time, they were worthless to me because I needed to take them on a trip; they arrived after I left. I was charged $8.95 for each of the 3 items! The only way I see I can get satisfaction is to blast it all over Facebook and ask my 800 Facebook friends to share my story.

heatherh119
11/21/17

After being a customer for 5+ years I've learned two things. First, never order shoes or clothing if you don't recognize the brand name because it's usually terrible quality and the sizes/dimension are typically wrong. Second, don't order tickets to shows. I recently tried this and was unable to download them. I contacted customer service and was told their tech people would get back to me. They never did. I asked for a refund since we couldn't attend the show. I was bounced around customer service for weeks and was eventually told that they wouldn't refund my money but would give me a $20 store credit. Now I have to dispute the charges with my credit card company. I will never order anything from Zulily again. It's not worth the long wait for merchandise and the incredible frustration in dealing with their recent downgrade in customer service.

nataliej37
11/20/17

I ordered a tunic that took over a month to arrive, with very little communication about shipping delays. The tunic (with the exception of its color) was HUGE and nothing as pictured. I had ordered a small, and it said small, but clearly was very off in measurements. They did give me a shipping label to send it back, but after 2 weeks, I still have not even heard that they received it and I have still not received my refund. They also said they would give me ANOTHER $5 credit ($5 for it shipping so late), but they never did that either. Really really bad customer service, and the product was not as pictured.

dr1508
11/20/17

I ordered an item on the site. I paid with PayPal. The Zulily site immediately defaulted to an old shipping address. I immediately tried to edit the shipping address. The system advised an "error occurred" message. I tried PayPal, their automated system was not asking for the code I was given off their website and would not recognize anything I entered from my profile which I was confirming by viewing my information on their website. Customer service from both companies was unreachable. Then Zulily, sent an email conveying the had substituted another item for what I purchased. They did so without asking me. I emailed both companies. They both advised of system issues today. I managed to get a very nice agent from Zulily to cancel my order. PayPal called back but, when you were being transferred the system advised their were system issues. Be careful this holiday season. You might want to go in a store.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A.

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t.

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T.

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H.

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H.

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M.

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R.

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V.

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S.
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily