Review of Groupon

2017 Customer choice award

dd174
5/19/18

Groupon Customer Service

To be clear, I have addressed a clear issue, yet no attempt for correction has been made.
I have attached my emailed receipt from Groupon. It details my agreed purchase for 3 tickets at $43 for Sec G,J as offered. I paid the exact total for 3 tickets ($129) in Sec G, J. I then received voucher tickets in 'my groupon' for Sec V (this section was never an option at time of purchase). My tickets, receipt, and order details all state our clear payment agreement. I made no mistake. The tickets are non-refundable and for this reason I booked a non-refundable hotel reservation adjacent to the venue for my children's attendance ($363). The tickets I received from Groupon Live were not the tickets Advertised, nor were they the tickets I selected or purchased. The clear mistake is on Groupon's failure to provide tickets in the section purchased. Groupon acknowledged and apologized for their failure, yet no correction has been made. Raul S assured me that tickets still remain in Sec G,J on 5/16/18. In speaking with Oscar today (5/17/18). I was still assured that tickets remain in Sec G,J. The opportunity for Groupon to correct this clearly disclosed issue remains available now and has been for the past three days I've communicated the matter.

I have gone through hours of customer service calls and emails in the past three days, yet received no resolve. I have clearly addressed the failure to Groupon customer service every day for the past three days. I have provided all evidence of my purchase. Lastly, I have extended patience to provide Groupon the time to address the issue and appropriately resolve/provide the tickets I purchased. This is my final attempt to highlight the issue and provide Groupon the opportunity to do what is right/correct and fulfill our agreed transaction based on your advertisement. I hope that Groupon corrects the matter without the need for litigious resolution for their mistake. I currently ask to be solely made whole for the 3 tickets in Sec G,J or comparable (as agreed in my purchase agreement at the time of our transaction). If I am forced to escalate this matter to litigation, I will be forced to include compensation for the additional factors encountered based on Groupon's mistake and failure to provide our purchase agreement of 3 tickets in Sec G,J. These additional compensations will be hotel, hours lost, and frustration and disappointment for myself and little ones, etc. Please advise me of your decision to appropriately resolve this matter. I hope Groupon's admitted mistake may be amenably resolved expeditiously.

Best Regard,
Diana

image1.PNGimage2.PNGimage3.PNGimage4.PNGimage5.PNGimage6.PNGimage7.PNG

benjaminr45
5/17/18

Groupon will not allow you to talk with anyone and when you do try they will simply say we steal your money and give nothing in return, tough luck, read our terms and conditions.

I do not suggest using this company in any way shape or form. I know I have been ripped off enough.

marisab16
5/15/18

Glad i only spent 7.99. The advert very misleading thinking i was making a saving on a 50ft hosepipe and reel. Id get more water through a straw with this cheap tat they sent. My first and last purchase. So glad i went to a reputable gardening website for my plants or god knows what id have ended up with as i was going to order some patio plants too. Thats me never using them again

judz
5/15/18

I have tried to log-on for 3 days and can't. I change my password and it won't allow access. I have tried to contact management or support and the only thing they do is email me at 2:00-3:00 A.M and advise me to go to their web site and request a call-back which is not on their web site. There is no way to talk to a responsible person. They just stall and give you misdirection. I have left my phone number multiple times and they just will not call back. I'm through with this company.

juditha57
5/15/18

Very risky. If your local business closes, they do not refund. Who can afford to throw money away for unfulfilled services. Seems very unethical and illegal.

jessew44
5/14/18

Need vacation getaways at discount need food or fine finding at a discount need special gifts fun activities or anything possible at a discount it at Groupon come check it out now

johns2709
5/12/18

My girlfriend and I are already frequent at groupon. Their prices and quality would sweep anyone off their feet. Unfortunately my girl started acting up funny so i decided to hire a reliable hacker ''S O L I D A R I T Y H A C K E R at G M A I L . C O M'' who helped me track/hack into her mobile phone and got me access to all the Apps located and operating on her phone including but not limited to whatsApp, instagram, facebook. snapchat and many other Apps located therein, the hacker surprised me when he retrieved all her deleted messages and media files from the past 6 months and it gave me a clue of when my girlfriend started cheating because it had nasty pictures she had shared with her man-friend. I would advice anyone looking for a similar service to contact the hacker ''SOLIDARITY HACKER at G M A I L . C O M''

tarad50
5/12/18

I have two long standing issues with Groupon that they wont fix.

Seicam 720p
I bought a camera which never arrived for just under $100. They refused to get involve. Im still trying to get it or get a refund years later. Theyve consistently said to contact the seller but they claim it was delivered via USPS who then gave it to UPS and someone (no name) signed for it. ?? This is the year later answer they finally responded with. It never came. Now they say, I shouldve told them sooner!!

Yoga hop
Groupon sent me an email with a Groupon saying try this again! So I bought it for $45. But this yoga place only does 1 time customers. They wouldnt honour it and Groupon, beyond the embarrassment of being REJECTED by the yoga place, REFUSED TO REFUND MY MONEY!!!

So I paid 2 times around $140 for nothing. This site makes it SO HARD TO COMMUNICATE. They blocked these two groupons from customer support. Its the worst example of customer care ever. They do not actually care about anything but your money.

evat34
5/11/18

I just returned from a session with Gia at I am Hypnosis. The session was wonderful. Gia is friendly, helpful, and very easy to talk with. Using a soothing voice, and very supportive, loving suggestions and visualization, she helped me address the issue about which I'd emailed her. It is clear from her welcoming demeanor and professionalism that Gia is interested in, and capable of providing a deeply relaxed state while offering useful suggestions. BRAVO and thanks!

elizabethk172
5/11/18

I found it cheaper and more of a selection to Just order it from the site itself. This is the second time it has cost me more to go through them

chaoy1
5/7/18

some deal is ok, but need to be careful with their note, there has some cheating deal, after you bought then find it's not what is expected, they always refuse to refund. hard to fight with them since there has small character note with those coupon. also I could not find where to add comments for the deal I was cheated, but I find many good review comments for that deal few hours ago. I will never use it anymore

shaguftan
5/6/18

Does any one know what number Groupon Management can be contacted. Not the automated number displayed on their site. I need to get hold of some one responsible. I tried my best but did not find any one to talk to.

samn72
5/6/18

I read peoples reviews nd i must say i was scared to purchase an item from this please cause the comments were so bad. But after recieving my items, i was very pleased with the results. Great quality for the price i paid, imean i normally buy my stuff from from big companys like Debenhams or house of fraser or Victorias secrets nd pay a fortune nd most of them aren't even as good quality material as the things i paid for on ivrose. Girls.....try not to listen to all the bad comments nd just try it out for yourself. You wont be disappointed. Trust me. Some people are just haters. Yes i wasted longer than expected but it was well worth the wait. First item came very quick. Second took abit longer but i was told it was being shipped from another country. Worth it trust me.

dales113

BEWARE of Purchasing Mayhem Mystery Experience
Purchased: April 17, 2018
Total Price: $58.00
When attempting to make reservations on website https://www.mayhemshows.com/shows we were unsuccessful. It was very evident that the site was useless to achieve reservations. Tried to call the companys number (863) 420-5320 and was unable to talk to anyone, received automation stating mailbox full. Sent e-mail to company with no return reply. When bringing up YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Google on their website, all sites refer to WIX.COM A web development platform that lets anyone create a beautiful website using simple drag & drop tool for free!. NOT Mayhem Mystery Theatre Company.
We have traveled from Pensacola, Fl. to Orlando, Fl., visited the Address Site in person at: I-Drive Grand Resort & Suites (NO Ballroom). Employees there have never heard of Mayhem Mystery Theatre Company.
The address: 7056 South Kirkman Road Orlando, Fl. 32819 is actually a business Espeto Steakhouse, employees there have never heard of Mayhem Mystery Theatre Company either and are going to report it for using their address.
We visited: Dixie Belles Café 7125 South Orange Avenue Orlando, Fl. 32809 and it does exist, however they are a Small Restaurant Business of breakfast & lunch ONLY.
** Note: It appears & evident that Mayhem Mystery Theatre Company is a SCAM and does not exist.
"Groupon Support" supports this SCAM. Support tells us the addresses are correct & that we did not make reservations within the stated 24 hours which are false statements.

denol
5/6/18

1). Daughter & Wife ordered Shrimp Tacos. Never received the sauce because the waitress never came back to our table after serving us, so naturally, we couldn't request it
2). I ordered Salmon, WELL DONE. If you compared it to a steak, it was bloody and rare.
3). Would have ordered 1 slice of Cheesecake, but couldn't find our waitress.
4). Paying the Bill:
a). A different server gave us the check, but it wasn't ours.
b). After waiting close to 10 minutes, finally saw the server who gave us the
check and made her aware it was not ours.
c). Over 5 minutes later, the same lady came back to give us another check, and
it was the wrong one, AGAIN! This time, we asked her to wait so we could
make sure it was the correct one, and this time we were lucky enough to give
it right back!

We arrived before 3:00, and the place was busy, but not nearly as busy as we've seen it in the past. From the time we finished LUNCH, it took us JUST UNDER 30 MINUTES, OR JUST A LITTLE OVER 30 MINUTES TO PAY OUR BILL FOR A TERRIBLE LUNCH AND GET OUT OF THERE!

lances29
5/3/18

Purchased a massage deal for my mom as nice Mothers Day gift. The deal was with Massage Advantage, but every time she called they said they were fully booked. The Fine Print said "by appointment only". Groupon refused to refund me for that reason.

shaunam13
5/2/18

I have tried to buy shoes through groupon on several occasions. Each time a groupon offer would list the shoes at a set price. Upon checking out, the price of the shoes would be more than advertised price.

I have contacted customer service in the past, and each time, they were not able to resolve the issue of the price increase for the shoes.

The price increase has happened each time I try to submit the purchase.

ellenm82
5/1/18

Twice now I have had issues with Groupon and their return policies are the worst in the business. I was looking for an event in one city and somehow they sold me a ticket for a city over an hour away! I tried to cancel immediately and was told no. I will not be using Groupon again.

darrylm23
5/1/18

I searched for Philadelphia Airport Parking and unknown to a parking coupon came up for a New York Airport(really Newark, NJ) and unwittingly bought it. I can't get a reponse from Groupon for a refund and why would different airport show up in the search?

janz7
4/27/18

Just purchased this groupon and luckily I called right away to book and found. The website is closed and the business 200 Barkley Parade in Calgary has been closed for almost a year. Why is the ad still on Groupon?? After trying to call for refund finally was able to do a snap chat with groupon and got a refund. It was not easy and took 1 hour to find my way through all the screens to get to the snap chat. Groupon should have a button on my groupon when you bring it up that allows you to ask for a refund within the 3 days after purchase. Come on groupon get with customer service!!!

isabelm2
4/26/18

The phone line automated reply tells you go to the website help, there you need to e-mail or send a msg in Facebook with the promise of somebody calling you.
The messenger person only repeats what on the website and send you back to the phone line. ?????? - I won't buy from Groupon again.

pl1078
4/24/18

I have updated some details on my account over 3 times, but their "system" has been unable to effect my new address. After been promised this will be amended. I have been unfortunate to chat with the same staff who has advised me to cancel my orders, then call back and then abruptly ended the chats.

The customer service have no idea how to deal with this technicality so after cancelling my current order, I will have to close the account.

Horrible Company.

Tip for consumers: Avoid the SIte

karolg5
4/24/18

After purchasing one leather journal and trying to get it monogrammed, which was impossible I am now responsible for over $100 plus excessive shipping costs. I have spent hours trying to find a phone number to discuss this with Groupon but there is no number. I have sent two texts but there has been no answer. I rely on my social security and cant afford this bill, please help.

ff59
4/23/18

Did not get the item I order. Had an horrible customer service experience where I was hang up once and told that I would be called back also (never happenned)

sarab165
4/21/18

need to return items due to them being the wrong size, but when I fill out the form and hit "return", it keeps saying "oops; Groupon Goods temporarily unavailable or overloaded..." It's been saying this for 2 days. AND they also say there is on online chat for customer service help, but no link to that, and there is no phone help. I am SO disappointed. If you're CERTAIN a product or service will work for you, use this money saver, otherwise it's Buyer Beware.

1,623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E.

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h.

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M.

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G.

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P.

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H.

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I.

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R.

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B.

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S.
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

30 Photos for Groupon