Review of Groupon

dmca@groupon.com
2017 Customer choice award

shanp5
6/17/18

Sometimes its amazing and other times its a hassle. I was a lover of Groupon but recently there have been some difficulties redeeming the Groupons. I know they offer trade in when one don't work but you have contact customer service via chat which takes time. I'm starting to lose confidence!!!

michaelg39
6/16/18

We bought tickets through Groupon Live to see Barry Manilow at the Westgate Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. The show was cancelled because Barry was hospitalized with a Bronchial Infection and we were never notified that the show had been cancelled. Things happen and shows need to be cancelled, but the venue or Groupon should have contacted customers to tell them. Barry was admitted to the hospital the night before. They had the entire day to notify people and we yet we never received a text, email, or phone call from anyone. Instead we wasted our time driving to the event only to find out it had been cancelled. We won't ever purchase a show ticket from Groupon again since they clearly have such low regard for their customers.

rogern53
6/15/18

More times than not have I been left holding a Groupon which is worthless since the company doesn't honor them, is unavailable or simply gone out of business. Well, I have learned my lesson...I am not going to do it again no matter how good the deal. As your Mother always said "You get what you pay for"

jenniferw450
6/15/18

DO NOT BUY !!!

I ordered Rattan Furniture £800 worth end of April ...missing parts and I have a 11 seater Table and chairs still with no bolts, instructions weeks now calling , emails still no parts ... disgusting service !!!

gog5
6/13/18

Got a Groupon gift voucher from my friend. The place didn't take it because their ownership changed. Called Groupon asking to replace the gift voucher for a different service. Got a ridiculous response to contact my friend who gave me a gift. She had to waste time and contact them. They offered her a trade-in but multiple times their link didn't work. She wastes so much time and nerves. I was embarrassed to even ask her to repurchase me another gift. I lost my service and my friend didn't get her money back. Groupon is awful! I would never recommend to buy services and especially gift vouchers from them.

baileyy1
6/8/18

If anyone can just put a few chairs to set up the spa & salon then they will be all over the place.

They want more $$$ which I now realized that it was my mistake for not reading
the fine print but they never told me that I will not be able to get a refund if I don't
use the deal. Contacted Groupon only to find out that not only did they redeemed
the deal with no service rendered, they refused to refund.

sandym121
6/8/18

I just received a charge for $36 for something I ordered and paid for in April! Groupon is stating they made a mistake and did not charge me - they looked for a payment for $36 and could not find it (I had discounts and credits and paid $25.40 for it). They want me to prove by sending "bank statements" (I used a credit card)? They took the money, but have no record of it? Example of Groupon online support (you cannot talk to anyone):
Joseph K., Jun 7, 10:06 PM CDT:
Hi Sandy,
I am sorry for the confusion!
Would you please forward a snapshot of your bank statement showing the Groupon charge on 04/13/18 and 05/31/18 for further investigation?
Awaiting your response.
Regards,
Joseph K.
Groupon Customer Support

And then this threat:

Muthukumar V, Jun 8, 9:41 AM CDT:
Hi Sandy,
I'm sorry for the continued frustration, and you are welcome to file a dispute for this charge with your financial institution if you so choose. Please keep in mind, however, that once a dispute is filed Groupon will no longer be able to assist with any refund discussion for the order in question.
Please also be aware that initiating charge-backs for non-fraudulent purchases in your account may result in the account being deactivated in accordance with our terms of service.
If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
Muthukumar V
Groupon Customer Support

Unbelievable, a company I have been using for years, (I spent a lot of money here) would treat me this way. Wondering if they are having financial issues?

ianc145
6/8/18

I was given two coupon codes. When I went to the vendor site they were both rejected as expired even though I purchased them from Groupon on that day. Groupon refused to give me a refund so i am left with no product and Groupon still charged me. Will never use them again

sarahp311
6/6/18

Groupon has their head in their AS*! Horrible customer service. Ordered a t-shirt, they sent to the wrong address without asking for the right address. Then I can talk to Groupon, forced to talk to a "third party vendors" meaning a Chinese based company with NO CONTACT INFORMATION!! SO NOW THE PACKAGE IS DELIVERED AND I AM TOLD IF ANF ONLY IF THE PACKAGE IS RETURNES TO THEM, DO I GET MY MONEY BACK.. absolutely bull****. I caught this the VERY next day but because of the way Groupon takes care of their customers, I want able to really be in contact with someone until 4 days in, and a computer emails me, and at 3am.. how unbelievably $#*!.. horrible experience and I will NEVER use Groupon again. Save yourself the headache if ANYTHING goes wrong..

patricej13
6/4/18

We have been using groupon for a while but our last expcerience while travelling to London was great thanks to groupon. Excellent merchants for brazillian blow dry and the eateries were par non. Overall we saved lots and quality was not sacrificed. Groupon is great!!

johnt773
6/4/18

I used Groupon for the shuttle once before and saved $19. Let's do that again. Here's a Groupon for $45. Yes, I'll even save a few more $. I received my voucher via email. Went to the shuttle web site. None of my codes worked for a reservation. ??? I need to check with Groupon. Good luck with that. Their web site is an endless loop of Customer Support page >>> FAQ >>> Pg B >>> Pg C >>> Customer Support. No phone numbers, no email. SAYS they prefer Live Chat. Okay, where's the #%&*#@ link? Incredibly frustrating and infuriating. I finally had to create a Facebook account in order to reach them. They said to just print out the voucher and show up for your shuttle. Like I'm going to trust what *you* guys say. I just spoke with the shuttle service. Yes, I have a reservation for the 26th. Relieved and somewhat surprised. What about the 24th when I come back? Nothing. Dopey dopey me. Since the shuttle charges $36 one way, and last time I paid $49 for round trip, surely $45 is round trip. Plus, the web form asked for when I am returning. Apparently not. I just paid $9 more than if I had called the shuttle service directly. The shuttle reservations person explained that I hadn't ordered through Groupon, I had gone through someone that advertises on the Groupon site. WHAT?!?! From the url, I'm assuming it was Viator, Inc. I just made my return shuttle reservation myself.
So stay away from Groupon. I will never ever use them again. And if you see "Viator" on a web site or in the url, close that page immediately. They're crooks.
In the interest of honesty, I have to admit that I missed a support email address on the voucher. My fault. But shouldn't I be able to find contact info ON THEIR WEB SITE?

seonf
6/1/18

I got a diploma of social media only to find out it was only one module and I had to pay the same amount. The advert said it was for a full diploma. Dont use these rip off artists.

ronaldc93
6/1/18

I recently received an email from(at least I think it was from)Groupon, stating that my password and billing information had been deleted because of unusual activity in your Groupon account. To protect your account, weve proactively deleted your billing information and removed your existing Groupon password. I searched for a contact number to confirm that it was indeed from Groupon. Nowhere could I find a number. After a number of clicks on the SIte, I found a general email address. This is unacceptable in my opinion and I will not purchase any more products or services from a company that will not provide a contact number.

ashleyt143
5/30/18

Recently, I bought a massage voucher (iBalance) from Groupon only to realize that Groupon doesn't do any research on the business and takes 50% of the sales!!! I was thinking I was purchasing through a credible business who has done their research and was selling me a professional service. My massage place was difficult to get a hold off and when I finally did the "owner" cancelled twice and attempted to cancel a third time. When I arrived to my massage place, it was in an industrial area (I felt unsafe as a woman), on the second floor of a dirty gym, old and unclean and the owner told me he didn't finish his schooling. I actually walked out of my massage in pain. The owner also told me that he was getting constantly harassed by the Groupon reps to make more sales and that he would redeem all 5 of my massages RIGHT AWAY (even though I just had the one). That way, they both get paid out for all my massages. I was in shock. I wasn't intending on going back for another massage but it is horrible to see that both businesses- Groupon and iBalance massage- work hand in hand to take advantage of people's hard earnt money. Never again do I intend on purchasing anything from Groupon!!!

lukej31
5/29/18

If i had read the reviews earlier I never would have used this app. But I did a few days ago and now i see that my order got canceled (After they said it shipped) and they never notified me about the cancellation in any way and it was a birthday gift for somebody, it really screwed me i wouldn't recommend this to anybody.

jayneiraj
5/29/18

Let me start this review off by saying 1. This is my first time using groupon and my last!!!! and 2. I work for a hotel so I know how they correspond with third party bookings and such.
To begin with, I booked my room for The Liki Tiki Resort for my birthday trip in June. I go to this resort twice every year and of course all ways try to find the cheapest way to book the rooms. My friend recommend Groupon after I recommended the resort to her for her birthday trip, so I decided to check groupon out, the price was way better than the other site I had checked out. The even offered free cancellation up until four days before my check in date, without any extra fee. All of this was just amazing, so I spoke to my mom and we agreed to go ahead a book the hotel room before it sold out, with it did. While making the reservation I was using my mothers card and her name and all that Jazz, since I am only turning 20 and the card is under her name. Remind you, I am a front desk agent so I know in almost all case in order for a guest to check in the card has to be under their name. So, I book the room with no issues using my mothers name, received the confirmation, and thought I was all set. now a couple of weeks later I go and check out my reservation on groupon to make sure everything was how it should be. I sign in and proceed to my reservation and low and behold my reservation was now under my name and not my mothers. Immediately after seeing this I searched for a way to change the name on my own, once I figured out I couldn't do that I had to find a way to get in contact with groupon since they don't have a phone number (MAJOR RED FLAG). So I go through their online live chat to speak to an agent, I explain to them my situation and he informs me that he cannot change the name on the reservation I would have to go directly to the Resort WHICH IS A LIE!!!! When booking a reservation with a third party they are the only ones who are authorized to change your booking not the hotel. So I decided to humor him and contact the resort, he gave me the reservations department and I asked him is he sure about the hotel making the changes and not them. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and called in to the reservation department, as I expected they could not change that name on the reservation which I already had known. But not only did the representative told me that she cannot change the name but also I will not be able to check in due to my age, even if she is there with me and she cannot check in because it is under my name. So now i am more than a little upset because not only is a mistake on their side messing up my vacation I am possibly not going to be able to get a refund if I do decide to cancel because I cannot check in. So I contact groupon a second time explaining everything from the name change to the agent that flat out lied, and then requested to speak to a supervisor like the lady from the resort recommend I do. The agent agreed that she will transfer me but instead she ended the chat now I'm frustrated. Not only am I getting the run around but I still have not had anyone resolved my issue. So for the third time, I reach out to Groupon and tell them everything and again request for a supervisor, the agent told me to wait while he transferred my to the supervisor. So I am waiting for about 20 minutes for this supervisor when the agent tells me that there is a delay in the service and the supervisor will just give me an email to try and resolve the issue. I told this is fine as long as the name is changed on my reservation, I get no response for another 20 minutes and I keep checking back to see if I did or not. Finally a little later on I see he has transferred me to a supervisor and the supervisor ended the chat due to no reply, mind you I'm still under the impression I am receiving an email instead of a live chat. Finally fed up and frustrated I contact Groupon for a FOURTH TIME explain everything again FOR A FOURTH TIME and request a supervisor yet again for the THIRD TIME!!!! The agent agrees to transfer me to a supervisor yet again, then he has the nerve to tell me " Unfortunately we do not have an option to transfer the chat to a Supervisor." When mind you I have been transferred to a supervisor before actually twice because once before they transferred me to the wrong department supervisor, BUT A SUPERVISOR NONETHELESS!!! So the agent and I go back and forth for a while about how I "Cannot be transferred". When all I want is a simple name change, it would literally take them about three minutes to change the name but yet they are giving me the run around, at this point I am 4 hours in trying to get groupon to DO THEIR JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally the agent says that they will contact their outbound department to call to the resort to change the name on the reservation. Something that could of been done in 5 minutes, but took them 4 hours to do this. I have yet to see a change in my reservation and no one has contacted me.

tjb21
5/25/18

Bought an Issey Miyake that Groupon advertised it for women. I gave to my mom as a b-day gift. When she finally used it, she told it doesnt smell as the one shed tried at the major department in the mall. I brought the so called womens perfume at a department store to have it tested. Sure enough, its different smell. The real perfume has floral smell to it. I tried to return it but was turn down by Groupon. Their excuse is its already opened! False Advertising at works!

richardl411
5/24/18

I have purchased from here a few times and that last 2 times have been horrible. First of all CHECK THE PRICE AT CHECK OUT. I went to but something for $14.99 and when I got to checkout it was $54.99. Its a joke. Also check its in Canadian or American dollars.
Next, 2 things I purchased I never received. Trying to contact this company is a nightmare. No phone number so you have to send an email and hope they get back to you.It might be easier to give up and save the stress.
If you need to return something then don't. Again another nightmare.
I will never buy from this company again.

steveh468
5/23/18

I made a purchase YES paid for It YES did i recive it NO gangon not groupon refused to give me credit back coz of final sale!!!!!
FINAL SALE IF I RECIEVED IT ??????

dd174
5/19/18

Groupon Customer Service

To be clear, I have addressed a clear issue, yet no attempt for correction has been made.
I have attached my emailed receipt from Groupon. It details my agreed purchase for 3 tickets at $43 for Sec G,J as offered. I paid the exact total for 3 tickets ($129) in Sec G, J. I then received voucher tickets in 'my groupon' for Sec V (this section was never an option at time of purchase). My tickets, receipt, and order details all state our clear payment agreement. I made no mistake. The tickets are non-refundable and for this reason I booked a non-refundable hotel reservation adjacent to the venue for my children's attendance ($363). The tickets I received from Groupon Live were not the tickets Advertised, nor were they the tickets I selected or purchased. The clear mistake is on Groupon's failure to provide tickets in the section purchased. Groupon acknowledged and apologized for their failure, yet no correction has been made. Raul S assured me that tickets still remain in Sec G,J on 5/16/18. In speaking with Oscar today (5/17/18). I was still assured that tickets remain in Sec G,J. The opportunity for Groupon to correct this clearly disclosed issue remains available now and has been for the past three days I've communicated the matter.

I have gone through hours of customer service calls and emails in the past three days, yet received no resolve. I have clearly addressed the failure to Groupon customer service every day for the past three days. I have provided all evidence of my purchase. Lastly, I have extended patience to provide Groupon the time to address the issue and appropriately resolve/provide the tickets I purchased. This is my final attempt to highlight the issue and provide Groupon the opportunity to do what is right/correct and fulfill our agreed transaction based on your advertisement. I hope that Groupon corrects the matter without the need for litigious resolution for their mistake. I currently ask to be solely made whole for the 3 tickets in Sec G,J or comparable (as agreed in my purchase agreement at the time of our transaction). If I am forced to escalate this matter to litigation, I will be forced to include compensation for the additional factors encountered based on Groupon's mistake and failure to provide our purchase agreement of 3 tickets in Sec G,J. These additional compensations will be hotel, hours lost, and frustration and disappointment for myself and little ones, etc. Please advise me of your decision to appropriately resolve this matter. I hope Groupon's admitted mistake may be amenably resolved expeditiously.

Best Regard,
Diana

image1.PNGimage2.PNGimage3.PNGimage4.PNGimage5.PNGimage6.PNGimage7.PNG

benjaminr45
5/17/18

Groupon will not allow you to talk with anyone and when you do try they will simply say we steal your money and give nothing in return, tough luck, read our terms and conditions.

I do not suggest using this company in any way shape or form. I know I have been ripped off enough.

marisab16
5/15/18

Glad i only spent 7.99. The advert very misleading thinking i was making a saving on a 50ft hosepipe and reel. Id get more water through a straw with this cheap tat they sent. My first and last purchase. So glad i went to a reputable gardening website for my plants or god knows what id have ended up with as i was going to order some patio plants too. Thats me never using them again

judz
5/15/18

I have tried to log-on for 3 days and can't. I change my password and it won't allow access. I have tried to contact management or support and the only thing they do is email me at 2:00-3:00 A.M and advise me to go to their web site and request a call-back which is not on their web site. There is no way to talk to a responsible person. They just stall and give you misdirection. I have left my phone number multiple times and they just will not call back. I'm through with this company.

juditha57
5/15/18

Very risky. If your local business closes, they do not refund. Who can afford to throw money away for unfulfilled services. Seems very unethical and illegal.

jessew44
5/14/18

Need vacation getaways at discount need food or fine finding at a discount need special gifts fun activities or anything possible at a discount it at Groupon come check it out now

1,623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E.

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h.

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M.

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G.

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P.

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H.

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I.

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R.

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B.

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S.
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

30 Photos for Groupon