Review of Groupon

sysadmin@groupon.com
2017 Customer choice award

dorisb38
1/22/18

First of all there is no telephone number to contact customer service and no response what's so ever to four different requests regarding our problem. Would never use Groupon again.

stephaniew134
1/21/18

My nieces and nephews look onhere for deals all the time. Adding sex toys was inappropriate.i will not use this app anymore

victoriar56
1/19/18

I purchased a carpet cleaning . I had to deal with a very bad business to begin with. After I made an appointment they were trying to change the time and then they just never showed up, an hour later they text me with the excuse they had an accident. Not my problem anyways. When I tried to get my money back from groupon it was impossible. They have no contact number no e mail and no one ever answers the live chat. Is part of their deceptive practices I guess. Of course I disputed the charge letting everyone know about their unethical practices.

penelopep7
1/17/18

I purchased an office chair from Overstock at great price. It is underwhelming and putting it together was an exercise in patience. The holes for the screws were not aligning very cheap material.

marym603
1/17/18

The deal on a massage was good. My recipient hasn't provided an email address. Devil of a time printing it. Better instructions, please.

joannmm
1/16/18

Some stuff is great.. others not so much. Getting tired of the misses.. lol. App makes it very easy to shop, need to control myself

jk203
1/13/18

contacted Groupon trying to cancel a hotel reservation due to illness within my family (1 complete day before the actual date of the reservation). The person gave me the run around and would not escalate my issue. I explained to them my issue and they said they would try to o something, but when I reached back there was nothing completed or escalated that I can tell. I just kept getting the round around and said they would get back to me in 2 days knowing that my reservation was coming up. I felt very dishearten by my experience. This was for my kid and we saved money for this special day.
Horrible- heartless, never do business with these people.

jasa10
1/13/18

AVOID these Scammers.

If anything goes wrong with the delivery of your package Groupon are useless and tell you they take up to 10 working days to reply back

- Website claims parcel delivered despite couriers showing the parcel is stuck at the depot

- Parcel is now 9 days overdue

- Support chat cut you off in the middle of a live chat:

J: i dont want the parcel anymore. it far too long. I just want a refund

Dhivya A.M: I will pass this issue into priority

Dhivya A.M: Until then I'd request your patience

Dhivya A.M: Thank you for choosing Groupon. Have a wonderful day ahead.

The purchase is now 8 days late and they want another 10 working days to get back to me. On top of this they will not refund me

Terrible way of doing business and really poor customer service

karls56
1/11/18

I bought a coupon for an "Ultimate Date Night" from Groupon, $40 for a $100 restaurant coupon, and two movie passes. When I tried to use the restaurant coupon, there was only one business in my area that would accept it, and they are a catering service. And, you have to purchase $200 to redeem a $100 coupon. That would be OK if I was having a party, but who wants to spend $200 for food on a "date night". Groupon obviously did no research at all into the suitability of this offer. I would go as far as to call it a scam.
I have used Groupons with specific vendors, usually with good results. But a generic deal where you have to find a vendor that will honor it, those should be positively avoided.

julissao
1/10/18

I purchased tickets from Groupon. They charged me twice. I tried to contact them by phone, but they sent me to a website. After my 2nd email, I received an email from them saying that they will review my email as soon as they can. It's been more than three weeks, and nobody contacted me.

paulm490
1/9/18

I signed up for Groupon years ago, and used to get good offers on restaurants, for the most part. Now I get a few emails a day. I've found some of their "discount" offers attractive, but when I research a little, I find that I can get the item I'm interested for less on another web site. Last week I ordered "Premium Bamboo Sheets" because here was a deal that was actually a money-saver. They arrived over the weekend, but they were polyester instead. I contacted the seller and they offered a return and a refund, but not the bamboo sheets. I contacted Groupon and they said they couldn't do anything because it's a "third-party merchant." Meanwhile, the offer is still on Groupon, despite the fact that the merchant knows it's a fraudulent offer. And the price I paid for the sheets is, as usual, no deal for polyester sheets.

srir19
1/7/18

I tried some coupons saying first month free like abc mouse. I tried it . I didnt get any Confirmation,then I thought its not working then after 5 months I checked by card information and every month they are charging me , shocked Luckily I got 3months money back .so be careful while trying .

leslieg56
1/6/18

Ordered 60 percent bamboo and 40 percent cotton sheets to get 100 percent microfiber polyester sheets. This is not my first failed advertisement I ordered. I advertised once and they changed my wording to say something completely different than what I was offering in my business. Hate liars

crystalb94
1/6/18

I don't understand the bad reviews because I have been using Groupon for over 2 years and have had 90 percent satisfaction. The other 10percent was a bad experience but it was with the merchant that I bought it from and groupon happily credited my account to use on something else with no problem. I also had a situation where I was sent the wrong size and they gladly fixed that issue with no problem as well. I really love this website and will say if you have a problem just email them and they will fix it with awesome customer service satisfaction. I would give a five but because of the 10percent I can't.

lp83
1/5/18

First, I ordered approx $109 worth of product on Dec 3rd. Groupon claims that the package was processed and delivered from Illinois to Indianapolis on Dec 5th. That would mean that the package was processed and delivered in 2 days. I know that they did not deliver the item in 2 days as it was not processed as 2 day delivery mail service. Second, when I attempted to advise Groupon that the package was not delivered, I noticed they do not provide a telephone number to contact Groupon and they do not have any clear way on their website to inform Groupon that the package did not arrive or that the package is lost. One would think that on the listing of orders made, one choice for the consumer should be to report a lost or not received item. They have what they call a chat line, which is extremely hard to locate. However, the "chat" is not a live chat, but instead it is an email message that the consumer sends to Groupon. Groupon did not call me back for any clarity or discussion. Instead, Groupon wrote me an email indicating that my package was on the way (which was false) and that I could check the tracking to see an update. The tracking still showed the package as delivered, which demonstrates that the customer service rep did not even read my inquiry. The response was useless and did not at all address my problem that the package was not received and that the timing of the package being allegedly delivered in two days was suspect. Groupon gave no indication that it contacted UPS to question the two day alleged delivery or the whereabouts of the package. The refund of Groupon credit should have been a refund to my credit card. When I made a follow up call, I was advised that the Groupon credit was my only choice for refund. I was highly disappointed and quickly made a purchase that I did not intent to make, merely to get the value of my money back. This company has not satisfied me and needs to fix its customer service practices with easy to find tabs to report a loss package and telephone and/or actual live chat for communications for customers service, accurate update and investigations with the mail carrier, and credit card refunds.

andream183
1/4/18

I was charged twice for the same item, contacted customer service-spoke to Karen and was told I would receive my refund. After not receiving it I reached out again to customer service, never received a call within 24 or 48 hours and instead was sent an email stating I had not contacted within 2 hours of purchase and would not receive a refund. All a lie since I had in fact contacted within 2 minutes of being charged twice for the same order. I have spent hundreds with Groupon but that ends today. I will delete the app and share my experience with ANYONE THAT IS WILLING TO LISTEN!

janines23
1/3/18

Its hit and miss with Groupon. Sometimes the coupons work but most times they don't.
There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

wilmac7
1/2/18

These 3 guys and their older manager dance to all types of music change costumes no stripping located on Pine St downtown Dayton Oregon District. Old building freezing on the inside pretty run down. Drinks are high priced I ordered wine and was served a half of a glass at a time 4 oz glass with 2ozs of wine for $5.00 a glass. The dancers seem to be bisexual and 1 of them have very bad acne. Don't buy 50 shades of men and Groupon doesn't and won't refund the money for the voucher.

paulah72
12/29/17

My daughter and son-in-law had purchased a Groupon for my husband and myself, as a gift last Christmas, 2016. It was for a dolphin sightseeing tour in St. Augustine, FL, and expired 12/31/17. I was going to book a tour after returning from a Disney Cruise on 12/4/17. But when I pulled up the Groupon, it was saying it was Redeemed on 12/1/17 at 6 something PM. Well, at that day and time, we were out to sea on the cruise. I had never marked it Redeemed. Multiple emails back and forth to Groupon, even mentioning that my daughter had purchased it, and no resolution was made. They then, with only a few days remaining on this Groupon, told me that my daughter needed to email them, since she was the one who purchased it. She did, and still nothing! It now expires in 2 days! I'm so angry with them and will never buy another Groupon!!!! Their customer service STINKS!!!

jamesb629
12/28/17

I am very disappointed in this company. I would avoid them at all cost. If you have any kind of problem you are screwed. Plan on wasting hours of your time on chat ( there is no way to get anyone on the phone) and getting no satisfaction from the customer service robots on the other end. I had ordered a full sheet set in navy on Nov 25th. On Dec 8th I received a set of queen sheets in lime green. I contacted the immediately They insisted that I had received the item I ordered after a long battle on the chat line they told me they would look into it with the retailer and contact me in three business days. I informed them that this was a Christmas gift and I would like to receive before Dec 25th. As of Dec 28th I still had not received the sheet set that I had ordered. Now that Christmas has passed I no longer need this item. I tried to get my money refunded since they had charged my credit card. Onto another chat session that went on for over an hour. They want me to return the item get a refund and reorder the original item. I do not trust that I would receive the item I ordered and no longer need it. I am frustrated that they wasted so much of my time. According to the Federal Trade Commission you do not have to pay for items that you did not order even items that are ordered and sent incorrectly. So I am refusing to send back the item and they are refusing to give me a refund. Why should Groupon policies be allowed to be above the law. The way I see it is they owe me for over an hour and a half of my time not to mention the pain and suffering for the aggravation of trying to talk to their robots.

juliec181
12/28/17

I will never order from Groupon again. Delivered my item to the wrong address then blamed me for it. They claim I put the address in, not possible I lords red through the app and everything else arrived except a jacket that went to another state! They refuse to refund me.
They have poor costumer service. No way to reach an actual person on the phone bc there is no phone contact. Stay away not worth the savings!

angelinas18
12/28/17

I bought a Dell Latitude E6430 which was refurbished and I absolutely love it! Great Price and fast shipping!

rolands32
12/27/17

I ordered, paid, reviewed the voucher, made the appointment, went to the appointment and my voucher wasn't anywhere to be found. No way to find it, No one to talk to, No chat, No email. Last purchase.

margaritav4
12/26/17

Groupon is so bad ! I bought a lot of idems for Christmas must of them were damage or didn't even work! I made a return and never had my money back I have sent so many emails not answers to my emails nobody you can talk or anything please before you get something in this Groupon scam app be careful! Pictures look great everything I got was a very bad quality very cheap looking overpriced is not true at all that everything is cheaper because is not !! Is not way to communicate with no one in Groupon no just that I returned something that I paid for that it didn't work or was broken I didn't even got my money back !! Don't give your money away in places like Groupon is totally not worth it!!!

brandied4
12/26/17

Due to the fact that I recently relocated and was unable to use a Groupon, I asked for a refund. I was informed that I would not get one and that I could just give my groupon to someone else. Instead of just giving me Groupon Bucks, which I would most definitely use and than some, they have decided that losing a customer is more important to them. I will buy products and activities via Travelzoo now!

1,623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E.

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h.

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M.

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G.

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P.

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H.

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I.

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R.

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B.

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S.
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

30 Photos for Groupon