Review of Groupon

sysadmin@groupon.com
2017 Customer choice award

sarab138
4/21/18

need to return items due to them being the wrong size, but when I fill out the form and hit "return", it keeps saying "oops; Groupon Goods temporarily unavailable or overloaded..." It's been saying this for 2 days. AND they also say there is on online chat for customer service help, but no link to that, and there is no phone help. I am SO disappointed. If you're CERTAIN a product or service will work for you, use this money saver, otherwise it's Buyer Beware.

davidw619
4/21/18

The very worst customer service. Coupled with the experience of a cheating spouse. I was forced to hire a mobile phone hacker '' solidarity hacker at google email . come'' This hacker helped me to hack my wife's phone and got access to all Apps located therein, whatsApp, facebook, instagram snap chat, and other Applications located. I knew when she started cheating as '' solidarity hacker at google email. come'' showed me a history of both their deleted messages and media files , Also how they have shared nasty pictures together in the past as the hacker mentioned above retrieved deleted messages between them.

kristenc40
4/18/18

Note-- this is my first negative review of a company.. BEWARE!!

Just a warning to even those of you that think it's great now. like I had once upon a time:

1. The customer satisfaction pledge is false (which is the reason I felt confident about purchasing a trip from the site.. I purchased a trip from a very shady company who did not respond to my efforts to contact and was not as it was advertised. I contacted Groupon 2 days after the purchase for the trip 7 months away, confident that the satisfaction pledge would stand up. No.
2.The customer service is the worst I'd ever seen.. ever. You can only communicate through email, and you only get a canned response (from what I assume is an offshore vendor) is canned and ridiculously irrelevant to your inquiry. There is no phone number, no escalation path- well except for the attorney general, which is now my new path.
3.The Ebates link that advertises cash back.. does not give you cash back, even if it's on the trip you clicked on. The promise of getting cash back is also false. As verified by Ebates.

I had used Groupon for years for local purchases, but will never again. This is the worst experience that I've had with any company of it's size. How can it still be operating?

heatherk78
4/18/18

I don't even know where to begin with this review. I purchased a groupon for a massage with Acupuncture Massage Chiropractic close to two months ago. After having this business constantly move my appointment around and then cancel it twice, they invited me to come in for three acupuncture sessions instead because now they couldn't see me or a massage for 3 months, as the Doctor/owner informed me. I went in this past saturday and the doctor spent 2 hours talking about himself, and being highly inappropriate with me (he asked if he could touch my hair because "its pretty.") I left shortly after and vowed never to return for my other appointments, which would have been canceled anyway I'm sure. This man made me feel very uncomfortable and after reading countless reviews from other young women, now I know I was not the only one.

When I told Groupon about the incident and that I never had nor did it seem I ever would receive a massage, fulfilling the original intent of buying the groupon in the first place, they simply said "im sorry, there is nothing we can do."

Instead of refunding a measly $36 to my account, they instead are choosing to stay in business with a man who preys on young women. I will not be using groupon ever again, and will tell everyone I know about this incident.

ahalithiah
4/17/18

Their customer service sucks. They give you the run around. NOT honest bout refund process. ONLY GROUPON CREDIT. Will be deleting the App, ASAP. Also give warning to anyone who shops on this site.

beverlyd53
4/16/18

They make the return and refund policy so incredibly tedious that no one can find out how to do it. This is not only my difficulty. I am a young adult that has been raised in technology. I am not a older person that doesn't know how to navigate the internet. But even for an experienced user, this was overly complicated process to go through and, in my humble opinion, very ridiculous. It is obvious by the blatant disregard of not putting the steps clear, that Groupon doesn't care about customer relationships, and because of this, I will never be using Groupon again.

deliciam
4/14/18

Description does NOT match the actual deal. i purchased an office evaluation for 10.00 at Bee Healthy Weight loss clinic. It said nothing about this being for shots only. Went to my appointment and when it came time to checkout i was told the groupon did NOT cover office visit at ALL and they didnt know why groupon hasnt corrected it "yet". I have no interest in the shots so i pretty much paid 10.00 to go to an office visit and pay 80.00 dollars

marinaj17
4/12/18

promised after first time I wasted money on groupon and the company refused to refund money I will never buy another and here we go again. company refused to honor groupon called they said can trade in. DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH YOU. YOU SCREWED UP BY PUTTING CRAPPY COMPANY UP AND I HAVE TO TRADE TO GET OTHER $#*!TY DEAL. NO NO NO WANT MONEY BACK.

kald4
4/11/18

I have two things to report in this review: I recently looked at a golf deal on Groupon. When you reviewed the deal, it appeared that the golf deal was a good deal. After I purchased the deal, you realize that you must rent a golf cart and the cost of the golf carts are higher than normal. This is not clearly revealed in the golf deal. I was wanting to use the coupon and walk the courses. After purchasing and finding out that you have to rent a cart with the coupon deal, I called Groupon and told them that the fact that a golf cart must be rented and the cart is higher than normal price was not clear on the advertisement of the Groupon offer and I told them that I preferred them to refund my money but they wouldn't. The guy I talked to was tactful but unreasonable. He said "they had offered that golf deal for years and "everybody" knew that the golf cart was mandatory.". He would not even try to make me happy with a refund. He basically said I should have paid closer attention. The problem is, this is one of those "small print" things. The next thing I would say is I bought a couple of items from Groupon that seemed to be a good deal One of those was a pair of headphones. The picture of the product looked pretty decent. When I got the headphones, they were the cheapest made piece of crap I could have imagined. I'll never buy any offer on Groupon again.

marisolf2
4/11/18

First time going to a Drive-in Theater n i liked it very much,with my hubby on my birthday weekend,almost Halloween,went to see of course IT :o)as am watching the movie i had a visitor at my window,lol dressed as pennywise(the clown)saying happy birthday :) good one.

sondosk
4/10/18

I will never deal with Groupon again , I had an account purchased a product through them and got charged and sent an order number out of a sudden my account was cancelled and I have tr to contact them no one really helped all they said they don't have my account!!!!!! Though I have providead them with the order number and and shared the transaction activity!!! worse app, worse website!!!!!!

denisem171
4/10/18

I TRIED ordering something, could not download promo code. tried several times. two other people also tried to help download. without success. so I phoned customer service. all you get is a recording.not everyone is computer savvy. If you could actually talk to someone, it would be of great help.. got so frustrated I cancelled the order.

darlas20
4/9/18

Dont buy a Planet Beauty Groupon ! I paid only $ 15 for a $30 merchandise voucher ! However the first list of exclusions isnt the only ones have to click another link to get full list ! Planet beauty excludes all makeup and hair care except for a few hair lines ! They shouldnt be able to offer a Groupon to their store if 3/4 of the store is off limits ! Bought a couple of other ones hope are good for beauty services will check bk !

dennism179
4/7/18

We were going to Hawaii and plan to buy some Groupons my wife accidentally ordered two Groupons on the wrong Island for a family of four came to almost$500 she realize right away and call Groupon but they kept saying sorry no refunds we said well we can't use them they said sorry no refunds we said well it's on the wrong Island they said sorry no refunds well it was a mistake Groupon said well that's our policy no refunds

mattl97
4/7/18

I've used Groupon in the past and haven't had any complaints. Their local deals are usually pretty good (hence 2 stars) but as for their retail products buyers beware. I went to buy a pair a men's Galaxay by Harvic pants for $27.99 Canadian (I live 2 hours from the border). Groupon claimed these pants to have an original ticket of $86.99 which I thought was a great deal. That's when I decided to look up the product else where. I found the pants for $17.99 USD on Wal-Mart's website that they sell in-store. Now $17.99 USD (roughly $23.00 Canadian) might not sound that big of a difference from $27.99 CDN. But after shipping, customs, provincial taxes (8%) and goods & services taxes (5%) they wanted $48.00 CDN. I cannot hold Groupon at fault for PST and GST, we just get charged extra taxes here. But to advertise the pants at an extreme value of $86.99 (for a regular priced $20.00 pant) in my eyes is unacceptable as a vendor. Research before you buy!

tg70
4/5/18

Groupon is in the business of getting deals on decent products from decent companies right. That is no longer true. For example look at reviews for printerpix.com on Groupon. There reviews look fine as Groupon has obviously filtered them to make a buck. When you look at the reviews on an unfiltered site such as sitejabber there rating is 1 star. Hmmmmmm why do you think that is? Shame on you Groupon. It won't be long before you make the news and get some pinochios for your lying reviews. This is just one example of the current level of greed and deceit at Groupon.

ivang35
4/1/18

GROUPON IS A PIECE OF $^%$.
ACCORDING TO AN ACCOUNT MANAGER, GROUPON USERS AND VENUES ARE SUPPOSE TO MAKE SURE PROMOTION GETS REDEEMED ON THEIR HANDHELD SCREEN OR DESKTOP COMPUTER, FAIL TO DO THAT CUSTOMERS GET FULL REFUND REGARDLESS OF EITHER USED SERVICES OR NOT. ( LIE ACCORDING TO MANY REVIEWS)
DONT SUPPORT THIS SCAM ARTIST PEOPLE.

aamirw
3/31/18

My son had made a purchase of USD 500 by mistake, the Groupon refunded it although a month and half had already passed.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.. I WILL ALWAYS REFER GROUPON TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY

ronw82
3/29/18

I check this website periodically for great deals on restaurants and free trial offers for streaming services such as Tidal. I love the savings I have accumulated over the months. Check website and app for full range of discounts offered. Four stars because they regularly email me with information I can careless about.

paulf165
3/27/18

This company is not to be trusted. They have committed fraud by taking £30.00 from my account without my authorisation for a product I did not purchase. I tried to use a discount voucher they sent me. When this failed and declined the code as it was a live event I closed the window. I had a live chat and was explained the reason why I couldnt use the voucher. This made the event too expensive so chose not to bother. Next thing I get is an email saying they had taken the money and gave me a voucher. THIS IS FRAUD. And on the telephone you speak with someone in Asia that has absolutely no idea what your problem is as they dont have a fundamental understanding of the English language.

warrenw3
3/25/18

Some really great deals, some moderate, some just a plain rip off. Promo codes have 1017 rules to follow and sometimes just don't work, with the reason as elusive as the discount.

reynaldom9
3/22/18

Great selection of products and companies offered and great customer service with refunds.It was a great and good experience.Everything went perfect

lizs103
3/21/18

I purchased a trip on Groupon but when I went to book with thetravel company the travel options were ridiculous so I decided to cancel the trip. To begin with it was difficult for me to figure out how to cancel as I was looking for about 1/2 hr for a contact number (my preference) and never saw one. I was able to send an email to customer service who said they would check that I had not used to coupon and get back to me. One week later my money has nto been refunded nor have I heard a peep from customer servicee.
I dug around some more and found a way to request for customer service to call me, which they did within a matter of minutes. However, the assistance was abismal so I asked for a supervisor. Amanda, the supervisor came on the line and informed me that Groupon's policy is to reapond within 72 business hours (which had never been stated to me before). She was able to see that, regardless, they exceed their time limit given that I sent the email on 3/14 and it was now 3/21. Amanda, however, said that there was nothing that she could do to speed up this process, which was beyond their acceptable limits, and that I would just have to wait for that team to get back to me. She then informed me that IF the decision is made to refund me it would take 7-10 business days. She insisted that she had no supervisor that I could talk to nor any way of excalating any of this. Amanda's suggestion was that I simply wait for then to return my $700. Absolutely unacceptable. Groupon has lost a customer.

sh23498
3/18/18

Ive used Groupon several times and I love it. The deals that it provides are great. I think the only downfall is whenthere isnt enough deals for the area you live in. Other than that its great.

johnb1075
3/17/18

I bought a LOT of Groupons yesterday for an out of town trip, but never received them. Now, I am unable to even log into my account - no matter what I do. ( Yesterday they didn't mind taking my money, but today I can't even get into my damn account?!? ) I tried contacting customer service - that was a total waste of time. Two phone numbers are listed for Groupon customer service : 877-788-7858 and 312-676-5773 - these are unmanned numbers. ( You just get this annoying recording telling you to "go online for help". ) After much searching I eventually found this email : support@groupon.com. I have yet to get a response. I guess I will be taking this up with my bank. Groupon "customer service" is a just a sad joke with no punchline :-<

1,623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E.

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h.

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M.

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G.

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P.

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H.

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I.

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R.

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B.

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S.
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

30 Photos for Groupon