Review of Groupon

dmca@groupon.com
2018 Customer choice award

suellenf
4/17/19

Groupon has refused to deliver a parcel, to just off the qld coast and cancelled my order without contacting me beforehand.
They are the 1st online shopping store that I've heard of that doesn't deliver Australia wide.
My home is easier to access than outback rural Australia, Australia Post carry goods here 5 days a week to our Island post office, yes we have a full functioning post office here. Goods can also be placed on barges and ferries and met at the jetty, couriers also come here with bulk loads.
I ordered goods that were a need for a renovation, not a want, I ordered in good faith that when I entered my full address I was still able to utilize the delivery option, and pay.
The local council already treat people here as 2nd class citizens, now I've found and online store that does the same. Shame on you Groupon.

josephk245
4/16/19

They don't ship items in timely manner. I bought things more than a month ago but up to now I have not received them

charlesy9
4/16/19

The idea of a lot of people pitching in to get a discount is good, but Groupon is so shady it's not worth it. They have no moral compass and will hide hidden fees into their fine print. Then not allow refunds after you find the hidden fees. Products will be broke and they won't return it. The local deals are merchants that don't want to use them and make you feel awkward. It's just a bunch of junk just to try save a couple bucks. My overall feeling is the company itself is ran by scammers.

Tip for consumers: They also own Living Social which is just as bad.

dd100
4/11/19

NO PHONE # IF YOU HAVE "ANY" ISSUES, YOU WILL END UP EMAILING SOMEONE IN INDIA WHO READS FROM A PRE WRITTEN SCRIPT AND THEY KEEP REPEATING THE SAME $#*!...WE ENDED UP CALLING "DISCOVER CARD" AND THE REP THERE SAID THEY GET COMPLAINTS ALL THE TIME ABOUT "GROUPON" RIPPING PEOPLE OFF....THEY WILL CHARGE YOU MORE ON YOUR CREDIT CARD THAN THE ADVERTISED PRICE..(COMPLETE BAIT N SWITCH COMPANY) WHY BUY ANYTHING FROM A COMPANY WITH NOOOO PHONE # OR CUSTOMER SUPPORT IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE????GLAD WE HAD DISCOVER WATCHING OUR BACKS...HORRIBLE COMPANY, IF YOU DIG ALITTLE DEEPER YOU WILL FIND OUT THEY HAVE BEEN SUED BY SEVERAL STATES FOR RIPPING CONSUMERS OFF...

kimberh5
4/9/19

I bought a Groupon, for 6 sessions but only got 1. Why? Because Neo Aesthetics cancelled my appointment because they can't maintain staffing, couldn't accommodate my schedule, are rude and unprofessional. I left several messages for the owner and no one has bothered to call me back. On top of everything Groupon refuses to refund my money claiming that the Groupon was "redeemed" even though I paid for 6 sessions and only got 1! Now I'm forced to have my credit card company fight it out with Groupon to get my money back. I say, don't waste your money or time, you end up paying more in the long run.

donaldd176
4/4/19

Worst website I've ever used!!!. Put in details hit confirm botton and confirm button doesn't do anything. Also "contact us" button takes you to FAQ again. So no contact with problem of not being able to book a groupon voucher. A high school kid could make a better job of setting up a booking site. So I'm left unable to book my groupon gift and no way of contacting Groupon-GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE NOT!!

dawnr161
4/2/19

Very disappointing experience which ruined my morning. I advanced paid £20.95 each for 2 pedicures (£42) through Groupon, but when I arrived found my appointment slots had been cancelled out. She said she did not make any money on the Groupon appointments and had given our slots to regular customers who pay her more. She refused to find another appointment slot for me and said it was Groupon's fault and basically pushed us out the door. The rudest salon experience I have ever had by a long shot. It seems she uses Groupon to fill in empty slots and feels justified to cancel and not make restitution because she says 'most the profit goes to Groupon, and I give appointments to my regulars first" -- clearly she resented how little she gets paid. As the owner of the business, it did not make sense to me why she sabotaged our goodwill by refusing to honour our pre-paid appointments, blaming Groupon. Exercise caution using this salon, because if she cancels on you, you as customer have to do all the administration (taking nearly two hours with Groupon so far and as yet unresolved), then having to contact credit card company to get the charges removed. An utter disaster for us -- ruined our morning. I'm remain out £41.90 because of her dispute with Groupon -- we did nothing wrong but it is us that has to fight to get our money back.

robint102
3/31/19

I've purchased many things over the years with overall satisfaction until recent. The last Year has been filled with false ads, fake product, awful to no customer service, horrible, unscrupulous merchants, etc...Buyers beware & Proceed with Caution!

ronb340
3/28/19

Groupon has become cheats, thieves, crooks and can't be trusted at all. I made a purchase at a specific price and they are billing me more than the purchase price and the have no interest or care at all. I cancelled my membership and suggest you do they same before they screw you next.

garethh14
3/28/19

I have used Groupon for many years for personal deals & gifts, both in the UK and in Spain but my last experience has left me very reluctant to use again.

Purchased a deal for my mum for Christmas of three beauty treatments in a salon in Worsley, Lancashire. When she tried to book, they would only allow express treatments (not stated on the advert) and were extremely inflexible, even when my mum offered to only redeem for the two that she wanted. They also asked for the voucher upfront so they could claim the payment.

When I approached Groupon, they simply offered a refund in credits to spend on another offer. Poor customer service, no interest in retaining busines and no offer of compensation or apology. Will not be using again after this and would urge others to use Wowcher, LivingSocial or another competitor.

kaddyk1
3/27/19

All these years I've never been inclined to do group on. My daughter and colleague's always say I'm to try them. I did and set up my account and use my Pay Pal account to make purchases. I printed my coupons and gave them to my daughter to redeem as a pre Birthday gift one to the gun range another to get a massage. My daughter went to the gun range and left her coupon home, (no big deal right, since I thought I had an account). Tried logging no success, did forget password it says I don't have an account. Ok call customer service after waiting for 20 or more minutes when it said 2-4 minutes hold time. Young lady could not find my previous purchases or account. Got disconnected, about 4 hrs later got an email stating that they found my previous purchases and have linked it to my account. Checked the email they linked it to (not my email) I sent another email and asked them to properly link my correct email, they sent a request asking information that is in my previous messages to them. I asked them why do I need to reverify my account when it is there error. I got an email from PayPal telling me that group on refunded my money. I had no conversation with anyone regarding a refund. Y'all don't need to worry about me using y'all service anymore, I'll go back to making my purchases where they value their customers!!

michelleh528
3/26/19

My parents had a groupon for a restaurant that was shut down when they went to use it. Groupon would not do anything
I bought a gift of show tickets and got tickets for the wrong date. The tickets I have are for a month away and the ones I wanted are for two months away and Groupon won't do anything.
You can't speak to them on the phone, only email or chat and they just ignore the emails

dough193
3/25/19

published review 3/25/19
We have many years of history with Groupon and in the past have enjoyed using them in with our business marketing. They have recently changed thier policy on paying the businesses and now only pay them when offers are redeemed. That means if they never get redeemed the business will not receive any of the money that Groupon collected for the businesses . This doesn't actually even seem legal anymore and definitely bot right for them to keep 100% of the funds on non redeemed offers. I suspect many businesses will not use Groupon any more with these new ridiculous terms. Sad to see this change of thiers .

melodyr27
3/25/19

Bought a pair of Beats Solo, good thing I bought the warranty, but as soon as I received them they were broken. I sent them to the warranty company, CPS, took a month and a half for them to send me another pair. Those were all so messed up too, and then they said," oh we have to give you the money back but not the shipping or the tax, we couldn't fix them, but you can always buy another pair." Why would I buy another pair if the first two didn't work? Three strikes I'm out right? Just terrible buy the services I suppose, but not the merchandise or the warranty oh, because neither one works.

Tip for consumers: Do not buy the merchandise or the warranty just buy the services

haroldr83
3/22/19

Ordered six items
All were paid for with Credit card immediately.
These date back to September 2018.
Received two items.
No way to phone and emails are not answered.

christiner196
3/20/19

I have been ripped off 2 times when purchasing items on Groupon. On June 28, 2018 my credit card was charged for a sterling silver necklace that I ordered. When I received the necklace, it did not look anything like the picture that was represented on the Groupon site. I jumped through a couple of hoops and returned the necklace. My credit card was never credited. The 2nd time I had ordered a sterling silver bracelet for which I was charged, however the bracelet has never been delivered. That purchase was on October 12, 2018. For months I would check on the Groupon site, for months it indicated that it was in transit. My credit card has not been credited for either purchase. BUYER BEWARE. Apparently Groupon doesn't always represent credible sellers.

Tip for consumers: already did in my review

meghanf20
3/19/19

I think it's ridiculous that I'm being denied a refund. When I searched "Carpet Cleaning" and my town, Indiana... THIS companies Groupon popped up at the TOP of the list...#1 choice. I Google searched zip code distance and I was within 20 miles of their service area...then when I finally was able to reach someone to make an appointment...I was told that my home is 21.6 miles according to address so they can't accept the Groupon. I spoke on Live chat but there was a 'glitch'. I WAS responding but I guess it wasn't going through at the end and was disconnected? I spoke to a human on the phone and got the same "you should have read the fine print and it's been more than three days" sorry not sorry speak. It took me OVER 3 days of leaving messages WITH A WEEKEND in there...trying to speak with someone to set up an appointment BEFORE I found out about the service radius issue. I did not ANTICIPATE having to request a REFUND...I expected to set up an appointment to get my carpets cleaned and thought maybe they were really busy because of their Groupon deal and THAT was why I was having a difficult time reaching someone? Needless to say, my Groupon days are over. They don't seem to care about the customer once they get their money...guess maybe I would have seen that if I read the fine print?

whits8
3/19/19

They have terrible customer service. They are rude and took my money because of their system error and blamed it on the hotel.

judyt123
3/18/19

We recently used Groupon to book a hotel. We had a family medical emergency and needed to cancel. We attempted to contact Groupon within the cancellation time. Their website was down. We tried every way possible to contact them, none of their sites worked. We found a number to call and surprise, surprise , no way to speak to a live person. Online chat suspiciously would lose the connection. We called the hotel and they cancelled the room but said we would have to contact expidia to get a refund as that who Groupon booked it through. Expedia had no record of it. By this time we were well past our cancellation time.BEWARE YOU WILL NEVER TALK TO A REAL HUMAN. Will never buy anything from Groupon again. The saving are not worth the hassle.

lisaw245
3/18/19

bought one night at a hotel from groupon and then noticed that the same hotel for the same dates and room were actually cheaper on most other sites then groupon! buyer beware!!

autumnr15
3/17/19

I had an unauthorized charge to my account for 4 tickets to wonderworks in which i did not purchase. After discovering I didnt have enough money in my acount to pay a bill I immediately got in contact with customer service and they told me they couldnt help me becuase it had been past the three day cancellation policy. How am I supposed to cancel the voucher for something I didnt even know Was there?! I will never use this company again!

sandraz32
3/16/19

Groupon was once reputable with good deals and no bad surprises . They have evolved into a nightmare. I bought Sharis Berries and flowers. The orders cannot be changed once you have plugged in the code. They do not allow you to shop from the sites but flag you for a few very overpriced items that make sure you are going to spend over the Groupon amount. Over100$ for six strawberries and some daisies and carnations. Zero stars. What lousy way to do business

courtneyy11
3/15/19

Saving a bit of money is not worth the time you lose trying to get refunds or contact customer service. ABSOLUTE JOKE OF A COMPANY!!!!!

michellew372
3/13/19

I would give 0 stars or lower if I could! I will NOT ever buy from this company again!! The product I received was nothing like it was online. Cheaply made and overpriced for what was sent to me! Finally, got a hold of customer service which was not easy and they did nothing for me and when I was replying to the lady she said it looks like we've been disconnected and ended our conversation! First experience with this company and definitely last experience as well!!

staceyd43
3/13/19

The deals that you can get from this company are usually pretty good. But for some reason when you go to use it most of the time the purchase you got to use always tells you there is some kind of fine print that only allows this or that, but for some reason the fine print is rarely found. And on top of this it's got to be the worst customer service on the Earth. They tell you to chat to email and other things and leave a message for a call back either by email, or chat and yet even though I have done so nobody ever calls back. Even when I order something and it says it's been processed and a minute later it says refunded, it tells you to call the same number that only has a recording that gives you options on how to resolve your problems. But once you have exhausted all of those options and not have worked so far you are just stuck out. Because nothing gets done. They are also associated with living social which is another place that also has good deals what is the same as Groupon oh, so you can actually not talk to anybody there either. They really need to do something about the customer service it's brutal!!

1,623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E.

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h.

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M.

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G.

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P.

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H.

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I.

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R.

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B.

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S.
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

Groupon?