Review of Groupon

dmca@groupon.com
2017 Customer choice award

michaelk668
8/21/18

Groupon is horrible...If you need to send something back because of wrong size, you're f'd they dont accept any DO NOT BUY ANY THING ON GROUPON

waynet77
8/21/18

Do not buy sofas from Groupon. I bought two sofas from them for my parents. The quality is so poor that the leather has literally peeled off. My parents are so embarrassed they've just been covering the tears with throw blankets. As they are pensioners they cannot afford to buy replacements until we get a refund from Groupon but as bought them over 12 months ago Groupon do not want to know, choosing to hide behind their terms and conditions and ignoring consumer law that states items must be fit for purpose and last a reasonable amount of time. Their live chat abruptly ended the chat because he didn't want to deal with me so I emailed their CEO Rich Williams. The only response so far is an email back from the normal customer service email asking for more details of the order. I provided this straight away and haven't heard anything back despite chasing them twice. I have therefore lodged a complaint with the EU online dispute resolution and am seeking legal advice on how best to take them to court to retrieve the money they have effectively stolen along with some compensation from my elderly parents. I will not rest until they have paid dearly for what they have done.

eddl12
8/20/18

I am on vacation, and chose Groupon to use a pizza deal,. Chose (a chain)places near me , selected the deal, and tried to order . It turned out it was for one place 25 miles from my hotel. Immediately contacted Groupon customer service, they said that there are no refunds it's in the fine print near the bottom, why isnt it on the buy button. And why if you select "near me" does it show you places over 10 miles away

davidt601
8/18/18

I order a shirt from the site, it took over a month for the shut to come in, and when it did , it wasn't the damm shirt I ordered and not even my size waisted n mf money

taylorc93
8/16/18

I will never use your services again.

Unaware that I had two GroupOn accounts, I bought a service for $64.00, in which GroupOn charged BOTH accounts. It cancelled on the one account I knew about without notifying me. I saw that it said it was refunded, but clearly it WAS NOT! So, for a month I tried to get my money back and after calling and emailing paypal and GroupOn multiple times I find out that they ended up charging another account under an old email of mine. So, to make a long story short, that old account should of NEVER been charged in the first place seeing I don't use it. Plus, I made the purchase under a different account, so how the Hell did the second account get charged?! I've made it my mission to tell people to never use GroupOn and to just go thru the company they're trying to get the service from and ask them to honor the GroupOn amount, rather the full amount like I do.

michaelh968
8/15/18

I purchased a pair of shoes from Groupon and receivesd the wrong size. I attempted to print the return label from the site and received this error message "Oops! Groupon Goods is temporarily unavailable or overloaded. Please try again in a few minutes. For more information, please visit the FAQ." After seeing same message for a couple days I started to read reviews and discovered they have been using this same message for years. I will never purchase from this company again and will inform all my Social Media contacts

jessical336
8/15/18

I somehow made a purchase in error for a deal of the day. Something I am not interested in nor will I use. I see in the policy for returns that i had time to cancel order. This was not true. I contacted, customer service via email since they do not have a 1800 number and was told that "in fine print it is final sale" the order was a mistake therefore I did not see nor read the fine print. What crooks. I will never use again.

tangierm
8/14/18

Worst customer service ever. They do not want to ask refund money back. Want you to used Groupon Cash. There's no call center email or chat. No Manager available.

dianah153
8/11/18

Do not use groupon. It's been a nightmare with talking to customer service. It's nice when all is going well but if you ever get hacked they will cancel your account and not get back to you. They tell you that they will investigate but never get back to you because they can't get a hold of you. I had a hard time getting to customer support because they closed my account. I got through just by going to their website. I was ready to start a new account just to get to customer service. It was a nightmare of what i have had to do. All I can advice you is DON"T SIGN UP WITH GROUPON.

grettelm1
8/9/18

Say you purchase a Groupon for a hair salon or a house cleaning service only to find out the business provides substandard service to Groupon holders, does not offer the service anymore or the business closed, then you are out of your money because Groupon refunds in Groupon Bucks and you are forced to find another service with the same results. It's very difficult to reach customer service at Groupon, and when you do is long and cumbersome.

barbaras542
8/9/18

Contact Info
Customer Service
Local Listings
Get the App
© GetHuman Inc.
I was trying to cancel an order for venue tickets because they did not supply any secti...
Your customer service issue with Groupon from August 2018
I was trying to chat and resolve this issue but the chat person logged off while I was typing a long response and now groupon has me blocked so I cannot initiate another chat. ... I was trying to cancel an order for venue tickets because they did not supply any section or seats on the groupon receipt. I am handicapped and cannot get to upper nosebleed sections. While chatting with groupon ********* I was typing a long response and the chat person signed off. Now they have me blocked so I cannot initiate another chat session. I am Pi*****!! I am going to have to dispute this with my credit card company if they won't fix this. They did tell me to contact the merchant to see if they would do anything to help me.
Groupon told me I must contact the merchant to cancel the tickets. i called Ticketmaster, who is listed on groupon as the merchant, and I find out that these tickets were purchased by Groupon to sell on their site. NOT being sold by a real merchant. I re-read the fine print and apparently the price of the tickets can change by the time you go to the venue to use your groupon. WHO DOES THAT??????? WHAT A SCAM!!!

jeffn89
8/8/18

1. Very few products or services ever in my area (within 100 miles) that I could use EVER on Groupon.

2. Every eMail now has a big gun pointing at me advertising a Shooting Range. I spoke to a Supervisor through their Chat, and urged them to never have anything to do with guns any more, and after a week, they told me in an email "Groupon has not been able to do the edit you requested." So, they would rather have the money from companies that glorify guns, than to cut down on the mass shootings in this country.

3. A Groupon for a service expired, and a Supervisor told me that they cannot do anything about it. I need to contact the store.

kathyg209
8/4/18

I have had a very similar experience to others on here with groupon. I bought a voucher off them and when I went to redeem it, they added another voucher to my cart then charged me automatically. They now refuse to refund my money even though I have stated it was their error.
Further, the voucher they charged me for is not the voucher they have sent me, so I have been over-charged and not even received the actual good I bought.
Customer service is terrible. All done via email although I have asked for a phone number many times to speak with someone direct.
I will not use groupon again and will urge all my friends not to use them as this has been so frustrating, first having been swindled by them and now having to deal with their customer service. The money you MIGHT save if they don't cheat you is not worth the probably chance they will.

victoriav59
8/3/18

Never rely on Groupon's Customer Service. Cause they will never make a refund. They don't care if it was your mistake or not. Even if you have never redeemed you groupon. They don't care. They call it "CUSTOMER SUPPORT".

jog59
8/1/18

Groupon is a scam. The merchandise they sell is cheap looking. I ordered three items of clothing, look nothing like the picture, cheap stitching, colors different, sizing is made for Asian builds, the dress I ordered ripped down the middle out of no where because it's so cheap.
Trying to contact customer service is a joke-hung up on; chat disconnected, no contact number for the clothing manufacturers-SCAM DO NOT BUY FROM GROUPON.

jessicas531
7/31/18

I placed an order and a week later they cancelled it. I then placed an order for a similar item and 5 min later cancelled the order. It wouldn't show cancelled so I contacted them within 10 min of my order and they told me that I only had 2 hours to cancel the order so they could not cancel or give me my money back. I will never buy through groupon again.

rias13
7/27/18

I went to Groupon to purchase tickets for Universal studios because they had a sale. When I went on and tried to purchase the tickets it failed, so I tried 2 more times. But after that, the tickets were confirmed and I was charged 3 times. When I went to the virtual chat none of the workers would help resolve my issue they kept telling me this "I'm sorry for any trouble here. The Fine Print for this deal indicates that it's Final Sale. This is a condition that was set by the business when they agreed to feature the deal with us. So I'm unfortunately unable to process any refunds for this vouchers." I kept trying to explain to them that there was an error with THEIR SYSTEM but they would still refuse to solve the issue. I tried to call but NO ONE would pick up. I am NEVER using Groupon again this was a terrible experience

michaelf554
7/26/18

Haven't used them in awhile and I don't plan too either. Last purchase was for a pair of black dress shoes. Paid for them and waited. Waited so long I forgot about it. When I remembered I went to their site finally found where I could reach the company. Complained about the order and asked what was going on. Was told they would be shipped soon. WTF!! Waited again. Complained again was told they were on their way, waited some more no shoes arrived. Again reached out , again lied too. After slamming them on facebook was contacted by someone and was told my account would be refunded the total amount charged and to not return the shoes. The shoes never came and I have never dealt with these lying jerks since and never will.

ck50
7/25/18

Groupon Used to be great. Not anymore! Ive been a Groupon shopper since its inception many years ago. I was an avid fan, buying multiple coupons every week for just about every type of deal offered. Customer service is nonexistent. There is no 800-number or effective live chat anymore. Customer support used to be front and center. That is no more. I recently bought a voucher that clearly states TWO people for Paint nite and yet I only received one validation code. Spent hours, days and now weeks trying to get what I purchased...all I got was frustration and bounced between Groupon 'chat' and the vendor. I have decided never to buy from Groupon again. Customer Service matters Groupon!

patl109
7/25/18

Ive been a Groupon freak since its inception many years ago. I was an avid fan, buying multiple coupons every week for just about every type of deal offered. It was a fantastic way to get established in a new area after a move. How far it has fallen. Customer service is nonexistent. There is no 800-number or effective live chat anymore. I have friends that post deals on Groupon for their business and they have just as much trouble on that end as the people buying the deals. I also noticed the quality of some of the products shipped from the goods category are subpar at best. Its just not worth the gamble. Call the vendor directly and they will usually give you the deal, matching goupons price without having to deal with them. Its so sad-they are a horrible company now. They are just surfing on their reputation from the past it will probably squeeze everything out of the company they can before its garbage.
The search result information is shotty and sometimes you could end up buying a deal hours away from the search location entered.
It is very easy to buy a deal outside of your area of interest without knowing. You might be unfortunate enough to have purchased a large ticket item, like a destination adventure or vacation package. If you have any issues with your purchase it will take you a long time to get support. If you get to this point at all, you may get offered Groupon bucks in exchange. Great, hundreds of dollars worth of Groupon bucks to buy more crappy deals and get more crappy customer service. I did this in preparation for a trip to Hawaii and it was a disaster. Type in Maui to search for deals in that area and see what pops up.

jeffj157
7/24/18

I've gotten excellent deals from Groupon and like their new feature about trading in the coupons on some of the deals. I've learned about things I never would have known about before.

skiw
7/24/18

I thought that I would be saving money by using Groupons. Instead due to their limitations & restrictions, it's not worth it for me. It's cheaper for me to pay full price when I actually want/need something. I've unsubscribed from Groupon.

elizabethn110
7/23/18

I am so mad that Groupon is very misleading about the product pricing and wont let you get a refund. It claims that they will but the one time I use it they claimed it was a sales final item although I couldnt find where it said that. The customer service person was not at all helpful. The item said it was going to be $49.00 so how did I end up spending $115.00 more dollars for the item? False advertisement. Please dont waste your time or money using this service!!!!! This company is horrible. Once I bought it I couldnt do anything more about it so I had to buy the item or just be out the $50.00. I really hope it comes out to be worth the extra money!

junek40
7/22/18

I purchased a microwave popcorn popper that was on sale. A few weeks later I received a children's ceramic bank.
I contacted them immediately, which by the way, is only through "chat".
There is no other way to get in touch with this crappy company.
The chat person said he couldn't send me the correct item. So I assumed they had sold out.
Oh, it gets better... In order to get a refund, I had to repackage the bank. Drive to the post office and fight with them to get my shipping refunded. OR the chat person said I could keep the bank if I wanted.
That is, for the price of a popcorn maker
I get to keep a check children's bank for the same price. Yeah, my son might want it. I mean he's 37, but hey.
While I was looking on their website, I noticed they still had and were selling my popcorn popper.
So here's the lowdown on this huge POS company: They have computers that process your order. If they send you the wrong item. THEY DON'T CARE. THEY HAVE NO INVESTMENT IN WHAT YOU'RE BUYING.
I don't care if they are selling tickets to Bermuda cheap. I will never shop here again.
All I got out of this experience was a pain in a_ _.
AND THE GUY ON CHAT, SOMEHOW MANAGED TO BE A JERK TOO.

alisonc60
7/21/18

Not only can you not talk to a live person anymore, when they email you back, they are terribly rude and basically tell you you're out if luck. They blame not refunding within hrs of purchasing a kayak trip because everyday Calif wouldn't accommodate the groupon. Then everyday Calif blamed it on groupon. What a scam!

1,623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E.

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h.

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M.

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G.

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P.

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H.

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I.

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R.

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B.

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S.
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

31 Photos for Groupon