Review of Groupon

dmca@groupon.com
2018 Customer choice award

jennas91
12/17/18

They no longer have a phone number for customer service, when you call it directs you to the website. There is no one to email either. Basically if you have trouble with a purchase (which now is almost inevitable) you are screwed. You won't get a refund and now they have your $.

I have been using Groupon for years and I will never use them again. They are now scamming their loyal customers....very sad.

aminea9
12/15/18

This company has the worse customer service I have seen, 2 times in row I had bad experiences buying through them,
1 time my order was canceled the day I was supposed to get my package
2 my order arrived late than it was supposed to be
when i called they were careless
I won't advice you to use this company

tawanam2
12/13/18

This company should be shutdown. They are stealing people blind. Stay away and save yourself the headache. There is no phone number to call, no online support and no way to get a refund once they scam you! I am reporting Groupon to the BBB. CROOKS IN PLAIN SIGHT!!

fredf126
12/13/18

Codes don't work a lot of time ... there is NO customer support ... the money you think you are saving you spend trying to redeem your codes and trying to get help ... NOT worth the time and "saving"!

kelvins35
12/12/18

I was reviewing some tickets and i got a phone call and it logged me into my paypal and purchase the tickets i try contacting and finally open a chat with someone and all they told me its final and that it very rude wont use grupon ever again. Opening a case with paypal they dont help you at all.

jayc238
12/12/18

I have to say that this has been probably one of the worst experiences i have encountered. I went to place an order for tickets. There were two options. One for $50 and one for $100. When i went to the $50 option, it said that i could not place this order. So i went to the $100 and placed the order. I come to find out that groupon charged me for both the $50 and the $100 order. Even though i did not place both of these. They said that all orders are final and will not cancel my second order. Even though its their system that messed up, not me. So i will dispute this on my credit card. The company offers no help. I can't get a person to talk with. I would NEVER use these guys again.

farahr2
12/8/18

Worst website/company ever. You can never get a hold of them. they have no way on contacting them via phone. You can only email them and they never ever ever help resolve any issues. All they say is "sorry we can't help." I ordered 2 separate packages on 2 separate occasions. Both having nothing to do with the other and they both never got to me. Not only did I never receive the package, GROUPON STOLE MY MONEY! They charged me and I never got the product. And their answer to me, was to dispute the charge on my credit card.... they are $#*!ing horrible. Plus their products are so cheap. It's never the same as the products you buy at the actual store or the actual retail website. DONT USE THEM EVER.

joel270
12/6/18

I purchased a mattress topper form Comfort essentials It has taken 2 week and I still have not gotten my order, Stay away from groupon they can not help the consumer. STAY AWAY

wendellc12
12/4/18

I purchased some lotion that I have used for a couple of years as Christmas presents. They arrived today. Nothing close to authentic. Smelled like rotting strawberries and completely different texture. Went to order page to request refund and link to print label. No problem, wrong. The info said I would be given site credit, as if, and that the cost of return shipping would be deducted from the site credit. I want and deserve a refund for the product and shipping if I'm sent something that is not authentic. They do not have a phone number or email. You have to answer questions on there site and wait for someone to respond to you. I had the page up waiting with a message saying "we are to busy to call you right now". What? The two bottles of lotion are heavy and expensive, so I'm just taking them to goodwill, lesson learned. They also have a different business model then when they started, when merchants would offer discounts, etc...exclusive to Groupon. That ended up being a hot mess. They still offer " bargains", like this one, but most of what they do is have a list of sales and coupon codes for other companies that are no different from what the company is offering on their own. They are circling the drain. I for one will not shed a tear when they finally bite the dust.

carolinee27
11/30/18

Groupon owns LivingSocial, so be wary of either one. I've used both for years and until recently did not have a problem. In June, I bought a LivingSocial deal for a full interior/exterior car detailing. Since I wasn't ready to have my car done just yet, I waited until sometime in July to call the vendor. Keep in mind his business is on average a 40-minute drive away from my home, and I work full-time. When I finally called to schedule an appointment for a Saturday, I was informed that they aren't open on weekends and they close at 4:00 Monday through Friday. In addition, as the owner was talking to me he discovered that my car had never been detailed, and he informed me that he would have to charge me more than what I paid on the Voucher. He compared it to the first time you have someone else clean your home - it takes a lot longer and costs you a lot more. I told him I'd think about it. I called back a couple of weeks later and told him it wasn't going to work out. I would not be able to make that drive on a weekday with rush hour traffic and I wasn't willing to pay more than I already had. He assured me that all I needed to do was call LivingSocial and tell them he had agreed to a refund and they would honor that. He said, "They are very good about that." Nope, nope, and nope. When I spoke to Esperanza in their customer service, she told me flat out, no refunds for any reason after 3 days. So, I am out $178, the merchant gets nothing, and LivingSocial gets to keep $178 for services nobody provided. Since late-September I've had my LegalShield attorney write two letters to the company on my behalf, and both have been completely ignored - not even the courtesy of a reply. If you are not 100 percent sure you will use the service or product offered, do not purchase any vouchers from either Groupon or LivingSocial. In fact, for a service of any type, call the vendor and make sure it will work for you before purchasing. They may honor whatever deal you're seeing without the hassle of the middle company.

jacobk70
11/28/18

ordered things online, they said there is an issue, I cant even find their email address or phone number on their website, they keep suggesting I use the online chat, but they dont send me a link for it and i cant find it on the website, I cant even contact them.

jenniferr429
11/27/18

The shipping takes a long time and you may buy something that has already been used. I wouldn't recommend services for anyone.

nickk124
11/26/18

Groupon has presented me with some great deals over the years. Some of these deals have been wasted money (due to the fine print, not being able to schedule a good time with the vendor), while others have been very worthwhile.
I would caution anyone from adding their credit card to Groupon. There isn't a checkout page so as soon as you click the 'Buy" tickets/Groupon it'll charge your credit card. Groupon will then refuse to refund your order, even if you didn't intend to purchase the item or ticket. Be aware of this.

-Nick

tommyd53
11/23/18

I purchased a Groupon for BJ's a few months ago. I went to redeem it at BJ's, and they said they applied it to my membership. They did not my membership expired this month. I emailed Groupon customer service they said they showed it redeemed. The problem is Groupon dose not have a live customer service phone number, and you can't communicate with them using a phone like most other companies. They claim they have a live chat but it's nowhere to be found on their web site. This is the WORST customer support ever.

lisaf356
11/23/18

You only have 2 hours to cancel. I was literally 5 mins past and nobody answers their phone and online chat isn't always available. Now I'm stuck with 2 mattresses ordered in error because of fine print. No refunds ...stick with Amazon u can't go wrong on service or price!

Tip for consumers: Read the fine print!!! Very misleading. Customer service is hard to get in touch with and not very acconodating.

overkillt
11/19/18

The holiday grinches seems to be coming to your area early. I ordered an item from Groupon to have it delivered to my work. I get notification it was delivered. Since I leave work early and have not received it, I assumed it was in the building mail box for my work office. The next day, nothing come to me. The next day nothing. One week later, nothing. I asked Groupon where is the product I order. All they can tell me is that FedEx delivered it. When I checked the tracking number, it showed that it was transferred to USPS. So the local post office delivered it. This is where Groupon said that they can't do anything else as their tracking system showed as being delivered. Why can't they implement, like Amazon, an electronic signature receipt of the delivery by the person who got it. Every time I go through Amazon, the products I order there is delivered to the office and signed by someone and not delivered to the building office mail box. For all I know, it was stolen by the mail person from USPS or from someone in FedEx. Groupon doesn't want to help their customers with the products ordered through their website or change the way they have items delivered with a guarantee that it will be delivered to a person and not a building mail box or through a third party deliverer. I deleted the app and deleted my account. Let's hope that whoever stole the product I order doesn't try to delete my bank account or credit score. If that happens, Groupon is to blame for not providing a better delivery system for products purchased through them. Groupon profits are more important to them than customer satisfaction.

lizk79
11/19/18

Spent over 1 hour on the phone with Harry & David after I couldn't get their site to accept the voucher code. Neither could either of the 2 different customer support people who "helped" me. Don't know which company is the problem because I cancelled the purchase from Groupon. Now waiting for Groupon to refund the $ to my cc. What a giant waste of time over $14.99.

alisonj39
11/18/18

I have been a customer of groupon for years and they were great until this year. I have had 2 undelivered packages and bought 2 vouchers that were unusable because the company would not respond. Apparently they only give each customer 1 refund per lifetime and treat you like you are trying to rip them off. Never again will I use groupon and be treated like a thief because I want a refund!

ericj237
11/17/18

Had multiple problems with receiving groupon that you can use at the vendor. Can't get in touch with anybody. So deleted the app and protested the charges on my checking account. Get your act togeather Groupon.

cynthiab257
11/15/18

PSA:GROUPON.
FRAUD/THIEVES
Please Share!!!
I'm going to try to make this as concise and quick as possible, please read and help spread the word so no one else has this experience!
We booked a flight from 3rd party (Orbitz/Kayak) for American Airlines to depart from Louisville International Airport on 11/12/19 at 6:38pm, to Chicago O'Hare Airport, landing at 7:19pm, with 1 hour 1 min layover, and connecting flight to LasVegas departing at 8:20pm. Arrival to Vegas for 10:19pm (1:19pm East Coast time). Total cost: 696.35. Our Hotel at Circus Circus hotel was booked from Monday Night until Thursday morning. Cost: (included in hotel cost) Our departing flight was scheduled from LasVegas at 1:36AM Thursday morning. So, essentially we planned for two days in Vegas (11/13-11/14) We additionally through Orbitz booked tickets to Mandalay Bay Shark Aquarium... cost:40.00. Our initial flight was delayed 1 hour 20 minutes causing us to miss our connecting flight. The only available alternative flight was from Chicago to Vegas at 5pm on 11/13. Meaning we would not arrive in Vegas until late Tuesday evening/Early Wed morning. We chose not to be stranded in Chicago overnight and most of Tuesday. We called Orbitz customer service that night. Immediate response, AND FULL refund of flight/hotel/shark aquarium tickets!
Now... Groupon because we had ZERO intentions of NOT going on our trip, we purchased a Helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, VooDoo Zip line Package, HighRoller Ferris Wheel tickets, Package for 2 at the Stratosphere Tower AND 2-Two day passes for the LasVegas Monorail for transportation during our stay. We have tried to contact Groupon, via phone (no answer) and via email (they block incoming emails), via live chat...(no resolve) and via Facebook messenger (more resolve). We spent a total of $887.98. We have been given ONE activity trade in with value of $39.00. Upon opening THAT email, were given 24 hours to trade in amount (a timer was visible on Groupon) If full trade-in is not utilized, its lost. We additionally contacted Mustang Helicoptor tours, to maybe even get a partial refund (as we now know Groupon ROBS businesses of revenue for services) they referred us to Viator, who is the parent company. Viator will happily return the portion of money they received, IF groupon contacts them on ourbehalf, validating we have voided our voucher. No response of course from Groupon on that matter.
Please do NOT use Groupon guys. It is a good deal. Sure. But in the event of things beyond your control, there is NO customer service. Zero. Useless. You will be robbed of your hard earned money, not to mention the companies that provide services are robbed as well. Please make this viral!!! Will update if there is any change... though I'm certainly not holding my breath.

alexs673
11/14/18

After purchase impossible to get a refund unless contact them same day. However, they are not opened on weekends and then they refuse to issue a refund because it is not the same day

abrahams35
11/11/18

I ordered a power wheels remote control for my little boy on the 5th of November and they claimed it would be here on the 9th of November and now they can't even find it.

nh79
N H.
11/9/18

They were impossible to get in contact with for a problem I had with a groupon that I had purchased. I emailed them and got an unhelpful response. So I finally got a call from them through requesting a call and had the most obnoxious conversation with an employee there. I had never dealt with such rude and unprofessional service or behavior. I then realized I could not speak with him and asked to speak with his manager who was extremely helpful.

bertiew8
11/8/18

2nd time this year, can't call the assholse, TRY and get live agent HA HA FINALLY. . USE AMAZON!THEY RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM I UNDER A MINUTE.

conir
11/3/18

Do not trust. Dont believe the reviews they clearly pay spam farms to leave. Fraudulent cowboys.

They take your money. Never deliver item and wait weeks to provide any sort of dismissive and irrelevant response to correspondenc

1,623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E.

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h.

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M.

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G.

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P.

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H.

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I.

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R.

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B.

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S.
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

Groupon?