Review of Groupon

sysadmin@groupon.com
2017 Customer choice award

billl115
12/10/17

Very misleading and poorly laid out promotions. Event dates are often limited and may not be used. Terms and conditions are hidden way deep in the site and these purchases are not covered by the Groupon Promise. Vendor was not paid either. The vendor said they would honor the purchase for other events so they were great. Groupon is horrible.

reneeb82
12/7/17

Buytopia used to run much better. I have a shipment outstanding since the summer. Everytime I ask they say "it is coming". This is baloney. I want them to credit my credit card but they won't. They take your money and then don't provide any assistance. Now you can't talk to anyone as they have no customer service on the phone now. Stay away. I like the merchandise they have but I will not be ordering anymore from them. I just hope I receive my outstanding items by 2019!

nelliec19
12/7/17

Really thanks for your service fast and good customer supports I got hotel discount coupons its very helpful for my trip saved money .

valeriew56
12/6/17

Horrible Company! At the begining they were good when they had a customer support line, but now they have none, so they can save money. They are a greedy deceitful company, with no high reguards for quality control or good customer service. They now hide behind the mask of the internet, so reaching out to them and getting a refund is nearly impossible, and takes (3) weeks or longer. Most of my Christmas items I ordered were "all" wrong & they basically shipped out whatever they wanted. 'Bait & Switch" and throw whatever in the box and ship it out. Extremely Poor...Customer Service! Don't throw your money away! :'(

mables1
12/6/17

Tried for an hour to place an order, can't find phone number to talk to live person, can only live chat or email. They (2 different reps) could not figure out why their site would not process my order. After reading all the comments here & Consumer Affairs glad the order didn't go through. Would NOT recommend, use Jet.com have had great experience with them

darnelln4
12/5/17

Only cause can't give them zero Stars.
Very horrible experience. Don't waste your time
Non professionals

charleem
12/4/17

BEWARE OF PURCHASES!!!!! On November 18, 2017, they had a Sterling Silver, Script either necklace, bracelet or anklet for $5.00. I followed through with the transaction and it had no place to put a name or what item you wanted??? Then it prompts me to a code to go to site: and use. and put in the coupon in center of page and that you have until Feb. 2018 to claim. I did that, it gave you, put in name: I did, Put in item wanted necklace, bracelet or anklet: I did, put in code: I did. It responded to coupon invalid, I tried again. Same crap. I immediately ( within 10 minutes) went to Groupon and requested a refund. I get an email a few or more days later, that time is running out to claim item, it had another code, did it all over again, same crap different day except it was for $7.99, invalid. Full price is $64.99? WTF!!! I was fed up with the BS!! called my credit card company and told them want I did to resolve to no avail, or communication from them, even on me cancelling the item within the first 10 minutes. I told my card company to do a google search of Groupon reviews. They will get the message. The card company is taking care of it. I told them it was only $5.00, but how many $5.00 did they sell and scan as I am only one. FORGET THEM!!! DON'T GET ROPED IN!!!

kimberlyh120
12/1/17

I had a horrible experience with Groupon and never got two of my order. Customer service reps were very unhelpful, rude, and even lied to me by telling me I was still going to get my packages and I needed to be more patient. I never got the packages. I will never shop with Groupon ever again.

lesaa1
11/30/17

I ordered a medium dress and received a small. I reached out to Groupon and was told I have to try to talk to the merchant first and if they do not respond then Groupon will help. The merchant never responded to 2 separate emails, 1 week apart. I followed up with Groupon about the merchant never responding. Then they told me there is nothing they can do. I would not recommend either the merchant or Groupon. I use to Groupon for years. What a disappointment they are now.

nancym219
11/30/17

For lack to a reservation in an empty restaurant on a Thursday evening, the manager of Bohemia Restaurant in Hackensack, NJ refused to honor our Groupon. He would not refund the face value of our coupon and laughed in my face because this news came after we had eaten a full, if mediocre, dinner.

juanc117
11/26/17

Los precios de los artículos para esta temporada están super increibles y lo más importante es que recibes un servicio extraordinario en la misma red y pagas en el momento para recibir lo mejor en todo lo imaginable.

christopherd81
11/22/17

I purchased a Hotel room through groupon two weeks ago for this Thursday. I received an overbooked notice and refund two days before my vacation. No phone call, no help rebooking through other offers, just a refund. Terrible, never go through Groupon

sanctusg
11/20/17

This company has gotten too big for its britches. Buying out LivingSocial just made them $#*!y, and someone I loathe to do business with now. Previously, they were very good at getting things resolved. Today, I spoke with 4 different geniuses from Groupon who couldnt give me an answer on a simple purchase.... FAILX 10

Companies that believe they dont need superior customer service are doomed in this new biz era. Riding on a monopoly only lasts so long...

julesa14
11/20/17

I had a terrible experience with this company back in may 2017, with a hotel we stayed at 6 hours away that was filled with mold and the smell of a dead animal. The pool smelled like a retirement home gone wrong with and over chlorinated piss pool. Needless to say I called Groupon immediately and stated the condition and that we will not sleep in a possible bedbug infested hotel that they had as luxurious on their website. Customer service said ok check out you will get a full refund. Checked out had to pay triple of what we had paid on Groupon cause everywhere was booked. Came back home to receive and email from them that said sorry for your experience we have removed that hotel from our page and we can not give you a refund at their time. Excuse me...... I called and called and called and wrote emails and just ripped into every single one of them. Did it help nope. Their reasoning was that the hotel was not willing to give us a refund. So called the hotel manager he stated it was their choice that it was Groupon. Yup the lies this $#*! company tells. At this point I was the official pissed off ping pong ball that no one gave a crap about if I hit the floor, still a point for Groupon. Ugh back on the phone. Lets fast forward to a month later of fighting and writing, they finally gave me a credit on there dumb website to purchase more useless garbage that no one wants and you cant return. But the kicker out of $450 they gave me a credit of $137 yup this was them doing good by me. Now lets fast forward to today! I had only used $50 out of that credit a month ago for an adventure kit which was good. I go on today and guess what? The remaining credit is gone. I fight with customer service who says you have never had a credit...... and without warning passes me to another agent who I have to tell the entire story to again and who says the very same thing you have no credit. Im done I will turn these idiots into the better business bureau and I will do so every single day until this company gets looked into for robbing people as bad as they do. Just because you have a name to your company Groupon, doesnt mean you arent as filthy and low down dirty and the people who steal identities and rob people of their good hard earned money. You sit behind a desk or on a couch in your home and smile at the paycheck you have earned off of these poor suckers like me who need a good deal in order to have a nice vacation, that ends up being worse than what you paid for. I dont know how you sleep at night knowing how much you screw people over. I wish I read the countless reviews and the peoples warnings about this site. I hope this stops at least one person from making a giant mistake. If it seems to good to be true it is.

shannonb98
11/19/17

Groupon sent me the wrong headphones.groupon no longer has a customer service phone number to call. I chatted with a supervisor that said they can't send me the correct pair ! They can refund me but only after I print out a return label and go return it. I told them I don't have a printer and I needed a label sent US mail for me to return and they said they don't do that to go to the library. I explained I work 70 hours a week and the library is closed when I leave for work and closed when I leave from work. They then said have a friend print it. Why must I go through so much trouble to fix their mistake? Even so I can fix their mistake because I cannot get the pair I actually ordered its not offered now. Maybe they oversold the one I ordered so try send the wrong one on purpose hoping I wouldn't notice? Mustard yellow headphones that light up white.. I ordered white headphones that light up green. My niece won't get her gift now for her upcoming bday I will have to order something fast but it won't be what I wanted for her. Groupon customer service is awful! They made the mistake and won't fix it!!! I will be shopping only Amazon from now on they have wonderful customer service that is always available by phone!

joyr29
11/19/17

Do not use Groupon for any getaways or vacations.. They are very horrible customer service.. They are not about pleasing their customers for returning business they are only out to make their money, which is why they do not supply any customer service number whatsoever. Their chat line is a facade, it's been a month and they refuse to help me and took $189 from out of my account and I receive no service. DO NOT USE THEM. I am a business owner myself and you do not treat your customers this way for amazing ratings and satisfied customers. On my way leaving Bahamas, I booked 2 nights in Miami through groupon.. 5-10 mins after I booked, front desk at my stay notified me the ferry was cancelled to leave Bahamas that afternoon. I immediately called hotel, they said they hadn't received any reservations from group yet and for me to contact Groupon. So ofcourse they have no no#,and you have to go through hoops to find the chat. So I message them, gave them no# to where I was staying and name of place to verify. All I asked them was to take off that night as it was not still needed but I still needed the next night.. Because where I was staying in Bahamas was also making everyone that was now stuck on island pay another night there too. So to make a long story short.. Not only did they ignore my request, they took my money, and when I got to Miami the next day, they never sent my reservation either. So I was out of $189 AND had to spend more money to book at a hotel because they didn't have my room reserved, but yet took my money. I've been a Groupon customer for years, and always told people to use them, never ever ever again.. Not when you steal my money and cause me so much unnecessary stress. Do not use them for any vacations if anything may arise they do not care, and just keep your money.

amandaf85
11/18/17

Twice now Ive bought Groupon deals and then not been able to cash them in. One was for $35 to metals unlimited and the site doesnt even have a customer service line to assist you in putting in the code!

I also bought a $5 Target gift card that was supposed to give you $10 off your purchase. The coupon code didnt work when I tried it online. Im going to go into the actual store tomorrow to see if they can scan it.

I will never buy a Groupon deal again!! I wish I could give them 0 stars!!!

nital3
11/16/17

I asked Groupon to give me a credit based on the fact that my father passed and I wasnt able to use my vacation Groupon. After going around and around they extended my groupon by ten days to destination over 4 houtrs away....This company is NOT kind or customer service frienedly and could give $#*! about their customers. From this point on I will NEVER buy another crappy groupon..I hope this happens to you Groupon Customer service and someone treats you just as $#*!ty as you have treated me. Your lousy deals are as shady as you are!

jacquelinel36
11/15/17

Group on is Horrible and Shady, Don't work with them if you are a business. They won't return calls or create a campaign that is mutually beneficial. Horrible customer service. Shady fine print

samc161
11/13/17

You can buy from a scammer and Groupon WILL NOT help you. They refer you to the merchant who, if a scammer, will not reply and not give you your money back! And Groupon doesn't care!

breckend
11/13/17

The services are awful, phones numbers dont work, half the time they will charge you an additional fee just to make appointments and then not have appointments available for months out. And they will never ever give you a refund unless you ask for it IMMEDIATELY after purchasing. I cannot believe how much money I allowed myself to waste on this site and its my mission to get this website shut down for bad business practices

heatherg80
11/13/17

What is their contact information. Their phone # states only contact is on the web and there is not link to start a conversation. Terrible service!

ddg5
11/13/17

I have ordered two electronics from Groupon. The first dvd just went out and the second one you have to put something on top of it for it to read the dvd. Never again!

jaclynm9
11/9/17

Early this morning I received an email with some products on sale from Groupon. I saw something I liked so I purchased it and went about my morning. I looked at it again about 2 hrs 30-45 min later, and decided another color was better.

When I tried to contact customer service via live chat, I had to wait about 5 min to get a representative. I told her my situation and she said that she couldnt edit or cancel the order because it had been longer than 2 hrs since I placed it, and so it was already processed and being shipped. We got disconnected and I thought that was oddly quick, so I went to check on the status of the order. Not only was my order neither processed or shipped, it wouldnt be shipped for 2 days!

I immediately got another representative on live chat and explained to him the situation and informed him that I have a screenshot of the tracking details. He told me the same thing the former representative did, so I asked to speak with a manager. He replied by ending the chat. I have screenshots of that too.

When I was treated so rudely and lied to by their customer service already, I had them call me. Maybe speaking in person would be better. Nope, I got the same run around as before, even after speaking with a supervisor!

All I wanted to do was swap the product for one in a different color. Well, apparently thats not possible after 2 hours of your order being placed. Now I have to go through the hassle of sending it back. I wont be swapping my product out, just returning it to get a refund, and Im canceling my Groupon account that Ive had for years.

Their customer service is rude and unhelpful, and with such a ridiculous policy in place its just not worth it.

lillianv5
11/8/17

What I love about Groupon is the restaurant discounts (to those restaurants we frequent anyway). Also really like the concert venue offerings as we enjoy seeing live music. Come across some really amazing deals as the costs to go to these events keep going up.

1,623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E.

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M.

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G.

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P.

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H.

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I.

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R.

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S.
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

30 Photos for Groupon