Review of Groupon

dmca@groupon.com
2017 Customer choice award

junek40
7/22/18

I purchased a microwave popcorn popper that was on sale. A few weeks later I received a children's ceramic bank.
I contacted them immediately, which by the way, is only through "chat".
There is no other way to get in touch with this crappy company.
The chat person said he couldn't send me the correct item. So I assumed they had sold out.
Oh, it gets better... In order to get a refund, I had to repackage the bank. Drive to the post office and fight with them to get my shipping refunded. OR the chat person said I could keep the bank if I wanted.
That is, for the price of a popcorn maker
I get to keep a check children's bank for the same price. Yeah, my son might want it. I mean he's 37, but hey.
While I was looking on their website, I noticed they still had and were selling my popcorn popper.
So here's the lowdown on this huge POS company: They have computers that process your order. If they send you the wrong item. THEY DON'T CARE. THEY HAVE NO INVESTMENT IN WHAT YOU'RE BUYING.
I don't care if they are selling tickets to Bermuda cheap. I will never shop here again.
All I got out of this experience was a pain in a_ _.
AND THE GUY ON CHAT, SOMEHOW MANAGED TO BE A JERK TOO.

alisonc60
7/21/18

Not only can you not talk to a live person anymore, when they email you back, they are terribly rude and basically tell you you're out if luck. They blame not refunding within hrs of purchasing a kayak trip because everyday Calif wouldn't accommodate the groupon. Then everyday Calif blamed it on groupon. What a scam!

lorif113
7/21/18

They sold me a Groupon for PrinterPix only after PrinterPix demanded I pay shipping a second time did I research PrinterPix and find out they have an F rating by Better Business Bureau.
So Groupon sold me a scam. All Groupon will do is refund my money. They won't make PrinterPix send me the item I paid for and spent at least an hour designing.
Groupons customer service staff keeps ignoring what I tell them and promises a supervisor but they never do. I've had over 8 people deal with this problem and not one has even tried to do anything.

jasonm506
7/20/18

I attempted to use my groupon bucks before the expiration date but the system inexplicably rejected my purchases repeatedly...customer service couldnt help and service escalation took days to try to resolve the problem. I asked for a guarantee that my Groupon bucks not expire while resolving the problem - best they could give was well try. Groupon bucks were not only eliminated from my account but they were taken before the expiration date. This company is unreliable and dishonest.

pauld490
7/19/18

You are only getting a 30 day warranty regardless of the manufacturer if sold through Groupon! Be especially careful on any electronic items!

alicjaf
7/15/18

groupon charged me twice for the same hotel room now is refusing refund my money they are stilling from people

rtrgrff
7/15/18

You know when life send you messages and you dont listen to them.

So I wanted to buy a Trip from Groupon.ca and I found a good deal. So I tried to buy it and I kept receiving error message.5 Min later I receive a phone call from Visa asking me If i made a purchase from GROUPON I said ''Yes and so he said ummm okay I will unluck it sorry for the desagrement we receive so much fraud reports from that website''.

He scared me but you know the deal was very good so I bought my trip anyway. After I bought it it says it will take a couple of minutes before I receive my coupon code. 1hour later nothing... 5hour later nothing... So I wanted to call them but there was so phone number fro groupon.ca you can only reach them by email. So I did email them and they answered me only a day later in which they said we will take care of your problem. Then later I tried to connect into my groupon account to see if they fixed the problem and if I got acces to my code but it kept saying wrong password. After searching on google I found that they often block account without noticing the costomer. At least I got refunded and I called VISA ASAP to block any furter groupon purchase and I will never ever again buy anything from this trash website.

ronaldb109
7/13/18

Received an invitation for $20 online Kohl's gift card for $10. Groupon did not honor it. Won't be doing business with them again.

rocioa4
7/11/18

I purchased a three night stay at Royal Decameron In San Juan, solely because it said adults only! That was a lie!! Groupon needs to do a better job at confirming what they are advertising. I advise to you all before purchasing a reservation at any hotel, go to the Hotel website and call them. Also read the reviews. Not making this mistake again! My husband and I wanted to relax and we couldnt because of all the crying from kids:

archanab2
7/11/18

now I am in the habit of looking on Groupon before we step out for dinner, show or activity.
great prices to try out new places for the first time...you don't mind taking the risk with the new businesses and most of the times you find a goldmine :-)

beingj
7/9/18

Back in June I had ordered a Melon and Avocado slicer. I received the Avocado slicer, but I never got the Melon slicer. I tried to contact the so-called customer service and boy was it a joke. First of all, I was practically accused of lying by Raja N., the first rep who I chatted with. The fact that she even had to mention that there was a previous shipment that I had not received, rubbed me the wrong way!!! I basically went on to tell her that there is no reason to lie, it's not like it's a pair of designer shoes that I am trying to get for free. She ridiculed me and said, yep you're right, they are not shoes. After all the back and forth, I asked her if there is anyway to have the situation escalated (only because of her condescending tone), she basically changed the subject. I ended the chat at that point and initiated a new one, only to find out that this person Prasanthanan M. was already in on the situation and ridiculed me when I tried to complain about my previous chat. He basically said "I am sorry for the inconvenience caused as I do understand the situation. Anyone who stands in your shoes will feel the same." I hate to say it, but until Groupon has live customer service I will not be ordering from them anymore!!!!!!!!

jennig8
7/6/18

I just had and issue in which after all I didnt get anything but an apology because they cant do anything... it's a scam and a lie. They tell you that your a saving by purchasing with them and when you go to real website you see that you are paying exactly the same. Besides they dont have a good customer service, they dont have a phone line where you can actually complain or request about something... they take about two days to answer about any question or complaints but a the end they dont help you. So please dont waste your time purchasing in Groupon.

halaa12
7/5/18

I bought form a restaurant more than one groupon and the restaurant redeemed the later day instead of the early one. I called and spoke to Roxanne C and she kept telling me that I can exchange for something else which was not my interests. She would not refund the money or help me to use it in more than 3 days which was the expiration date. The other annoying thing, she kept repeating the same sentence while chatting as if she do cut and paste. So sad that managers can't do anything more than what customer rep can do. the best description to the management at groupon is Robot managers.

ashaz1
7/4/18

I purchase a hotel stay on completion my card on file was declined. When I tried to re-enter my other credit card the deal was expired. I subsequently purahased another stay through groupon to find out that I Groupon received payment for the first stay and wouldn't return the money for my previous stay. Also I've been trying to get customer service for two days to be told that it's expired! I will never use Groupon Again!! I will tell EVERYONE of their shady business practice!!

carolj151
7/2/18

I ordered a 4 piece rattan garden set I waited one week on order that was ok but 2 sets were delivered and a total of 260euro was deducted from my account. Here lies the problem after several calls I'm been told it will be another 3 to5 working days for my money have already waited 10 days what a sloppy service haven't a clue about customer support. I am not happy at all.

dj114
6/27/18

I purchased a microblading Groupon. Scheduled an appointment to get the service performed and 2 weeks later my eyebrows looked exactly like they did before the treatment. Two weeks later I went in for a followup and the employee told me that I received the normal service for the cost of the Groupon. It was advertised as a $350 treatment and full eyebrows, but she stated that I paid $100 and that was the value of the treatment I received. Some time ago this was a good value, reputable website to try new services and local businesses, BUT NO MORE !

dominicg23
6/27/18

THEY GAVE ME WRONG PROMO CODE, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONDED AFTER IT GOT EXPIRED, JUST TO TELL ME THAT IT IS EXPIRED.

pats320
6/25/18

I wish I had read reviews of Groupon before buying my Fitbit tracker. It only lasted 6 1/2 months before dying. Fitbit does not recognize Groupon as an authorized vendor of their products, therefore the factory warranty is null and void. Groupon states that the buyer has only 30 days to return a defective product. I tried to talk to a supervisor, but have not been successful. I'm out the cost of the tracker, as well as the 2 hour run around I got while trying to resolve this issue with both Fitbit and Groupon. Truly a Buyer Beware company!

ot4
6/24/18

I have been using Groupon for years and have been happy because of immediate issue resolutions and fantastic customer support. This is no longer true. They deserve a 0 rating as dealing with them is now a several hour odyssey that will bring you no satisfaction. No more phone support, rude and unhelpful staff that will text you via live help if you get lucky and anyone is available. Nightmare! Never again.

monicat73
6/23/18

Be careful if you contact Groupon customer service and someone called "Danilo A" takes your case. He's extremely rude and even threatened me over the chat. If someone calls a customer service is because there is an issue that needs to be resolved but he seems not willing to help us as customer. The place I had purchased a deal refused the service and Groupon doesn't want to give me the money back. And, when I try to contact Groupon today, I get that jerk ass who's useless and made me even more frustrated with the whole deal. Groupon, not worth it!

thomasl277
6/20/18

I bought a Groupon for a store that I've made online purchases from in the past. It turns out that the Groupon I bought was only good in the actual store. Unfortunately I live in a different state entirely, and therefore couldn't use the Groupon. The fact that the Groupon was ONLY good for in-store purchases was NOT readily apparent on the Groupon advertisement. I contacted Groupon and asked for a refund since I couldn't use the Groupon but they gave me a bunch of run around and said I had missed the 3-day return window (by like 2 days). I went round and round with them and they finally responded (and I quote):

"we included a Fine Print section on the deal page. This section will always include all conditions of the deal that you should know before making your purchase.

In this case, the restriction in question is: " Valid only for option purchased. Valid only at listed location "

I'm sorry to hear this will keep you from using your Groupon. However, since this restriction was included in the deal's Fine Print at the time of your purchase, I am not able to issue a refund past 3 days from the purchase date. If youre unable to use a Groupon, a friend or family member can use it instead (unless the Fine Print indicates otherwise)."

NOW, the Groupon was only for $30 so it's really not about the money. It's about the principle and their admittedly obtuse and obscure redemption policies. It's also about their $#*!ty customer service. Because of this I will NEVER purchase another Groupon again, in my life, for any reason. I won't even accept them as gifts. They suck - they are not allowed on my property.

anthonyk117
6/20/18

Ordered something by mistake wanted to cancel few mins later and said I cant cancel cause it shipped will never order again go to eBay a lot better service

deniseb274
6/18/18

I've bought my last Groupon. I also want to let everyone know to NOT buy the luggage tags by Qualtry. I paid for 2 pink luggage tags. I received 1 tag in a completely different color. Not only that, but they charged me shipping to send the tag. When I called the company, they said they'll send the other tag, but i have to pay shipping again. Why? It's not my fault that you sent wrong one. When I asked about this I was told that they send each tag individually anyway and everyone has to pay shipping per tag. Does that make any sense? If I buy 2, put them in the same dang envelope. Why charge me $4 for each tag to be sent in a separate envelope. Good luck keeping your business open. I highly doubt you'll have any returning customers.

shanp5
6/17/18

Sometimes its amazing and other times its a hassle. I was a lover of Groupon but recently there have been some difficulties redeeming the Groupons. I know they offer trade in when one don't work but you have contact customer service via chat which takes time. I'm starting to lose confidence!!!

michaelg39
6/16/18

We bought tickets through Groupon Live to see Barry Manilow at the Westgate Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. The show was cancelled because Barry was hospitalized with a Bronchial Infection and we were never notified that the show had been cancelled. Things happen and shows need to be cancelled, but the venue or Groupon should have contacted customers to tell them. Barry was admitted to the hospital the night before. They had the entire day to notify people and we yet we never received a text, email, or phone call from anyone. Instead we wasted our time driving to the event only to find out it had been cancelled. We won't ever purchase a show ticket from Groupon again since they clearly have such low regard for their customers.

1,623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E.

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h.

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M.

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G.

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P.

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H.

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I.

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R.

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B.

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S.
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

30 Photos for Groupon