Review of Groupon

dmca@groupon.com
2017 Customer choice award

dmariaq
9/19/18

I bought a one year subscription thru Groupon for BJs I went to BJs and they had no record of my information I got in touch with Groupon and they had no information. But my bank account was charged for it. So they stole my money

jenniferm304
9/19/18

made a purchase 3 weeks ago. still waiting. when i contacted via chat on the site was told there was a issue with the courier and i would need to contact them direct.Groupon accepting no responsibiity for delivery yet happy to take my money and depsatch vie their courier company. they refuse to contact the courer. when i requested a refund answer was told can't do that as item despatched. the chat operator was extremely rude. would ever use them again

jessm103
9/17/18

The absolute worst booking website on the internet today! I would not recommend this company for anything! They are a scam and will take your money! Don't let the cheap stuff fool you, they will get you in the end! I wish there was a way to give a zero star because they don't deserve one star!

maggiew49
9/17/18

I refuse to ever again purchase or work with any company that does not offer 'real' person customer support. I guess Groupon got rid of their actual real person phone support because they were having too many complaints. That should tell us something. No matter, I refuse to talk anymore to any company that does not offer the same respect back to me of a real person to converse. To me that says they are just there to collect our money and not care about our concerns. Way not cool Groupon!

donnas511
9/17/18

I moved from Chicago to Colorado with about a half dozed unused Groupons. When I requested they allow me to trade, they declined. When I insisted and threatened to post the truth on Social Media, they sent me an email on a weekday giving me 24 hours to trade them. By the time I opened the email, the deadline had passed. They were worth hundreds of dollars, eyeglasses, massages, etc. I tried to appeal and got a message I am BLOCKED.

danielc500
9/14/18

For the past 2 days, I have been trying to purchase 4 tickets for a Naples Sunset Cruise - Pure Naples. My first attempt was when Groupon advertise 50% off and after 30min with Customer Support assistance we gave up on making a purchase that evening and left it at trying again tomorrow using 25% off with Groupon bucks that worked out to $23.50.

On our second attempt the next day again, we had trouble making the purchase. The customer support person also gave up and has referred our situation to another department. In the meantime, we went directly to the provider for the item and completed the purchase. We honestly won't be shopping Groupon or referring others until such time Groupon gets their act together.

suyounj
9/13/18

GROUPON rips off by issuing refunds in Groupon Bucks without any explanation, let it expires, and take free money out of your pocket.
I refunded a pajama and the agent issued Groupon Bucks without asking me if I want it back to my credit card or into Groupon Bucks. I didn't even know there is Groupon Bucks and that has expiration. After I forgot to use the groupon bucks for my next purchases, I forgot about it and it expired. Chatting with customer service representative for a long time, but all he said was SORRY. He said the agent made a big mistake and he doesn't want me to have a bad experience with Groupon. Then, what? He didn't do a thing to correct it. I asked him to deactivate my account and delete me from the email list. I told him that was only $7 bucks, but that is my money, not GROUPON's. Nobody expects that their money gets turned into virtual money without their desire and that virtual money even has an expiration date.
If you are to purchase something from Groupon, make a careful decision so not to refund the item. If it is a voucher, it is even worse. If the agent offers you for Groupon bucks, do not take it, but insist to get it back to your credit card. Once it happens, they will NOT correct it.

Tip for consumers: If you are to purchase something from Groupon, make a careful decision so not to refund the item. If it is a voucher, it is even worse. For refund, If an agent offers you for Groupon bucks, do not take it, but insist to get it back to your credit card. Once it happens, they will NOT correct it.

katelynl12
9/13/18

I had a session with laser hair therapy where they botched the job and scarred me. When I reached out to Groupon they said since I redeemed the voucher there was nothing they could do. Yeah to get the scar I had to redeem it haha. They wouldn't do anything for me. I had pictures and the business admitted that they had messed up. Groupon will not help. Terrible company that lacks empathy and even a tiny shred of customer service.

stacyl105
9/13/18

I purchased an item multiple times as a photographer. When I went to the website to order my prints, there were additional fee's on top of what I just spent in order to process my request. It wasn't anything other than what I thought I paid for. I contacted support explained they refunded one item but not the others. I reached out to them again and asked why. I was told that they never refunded an item for groupon bucks as they will not refund your CC which is fine. Basically called me a liar and refused to help. I for warn you, buy with caution as you never know what you are getting.

annag187
9/12/18

Not well organized clinic!
First was very difficult to schedule the appointment. When I finally did I had one session. It was ok but not great. Didnt feel as much difference. Then they made the second appointment but... when I got there... I wasnt scheduled!!!!! They just said: I am sorry... there is nothing I can do! Have a great day!!!!
Never again! Stay away! Terrible treatment!

richz10
9/12/18

BUSINESS IS CLOSED DOWN AND GROUPON WILL ONLY REFUND
50% WHAT I PAID EVEN AFTER THERE STATEMENT ON THERE WEB SITE
SAYS FULL REFUND FOR ETERNITY.
SCAMERS SCAMERS SCAMERS

michelew84
9/11/18

I am a fanatic about keeping my Toyota Solara convertible in tiptop shape and Ryan
Keeps it literally gleaming Detailing inside and out PERFECT. He listens and
accomodates all my needs I would highly recommend and I do,,,
Michele

juane35
9/11/18

If you love to have fun but stay in your budget, check this out! There is so much you ca do with tis app! You will never have a dull and boring day!

taylorr83
9/11/18

This company has some of the worst support I've ever dealt with. They refuse to acknowledge my request for a refund, even though I never used the voucher/redeemed it. Be careful for this company; their main objective is to scam you and use false terminology to deny you a refund!

tomd107
9/11/18

When you unsubscibe it tells you that it may take up to 72 hours to stop receiving emails. When the 72 hours is up and you are still receiving emails they tell you that you have to log in if you wish to contact them. This is where the problem lies. i cannot log in as I do not have an account with them. So their theory is that you should open an account thus making it legal for them to continuing harassing you.

miked528
9/10/18

This site is the absolute best! I've saved so much money on this site! This is where I can always find a great deal!

maggieh54
9/10/18

Big surprise to me, I found out I bought a duct cleaning service. Groupon or someone
Groupon allowed charged $40.00 to my card for a duct cleaning used it at their house (probably not, probably just scammed the money) while I wasn't even home that weekend. When I wrote to Groupon they blew me off even though it hadn't even been month and even though it was total fraud! They said I didn't respond in a timely manner. What's funny in my email I told them I wasn't home that day, and when I went back in to check on the redemption they had changed the date of the redemption. They are very dishonest. Mine was $40.00 but I wonder how many they have done that to. It could be very lucrative for them to do that to a lot of people and not have to pay anyone. I am going to file with the BBB and probably notify the Secretary of State or whoever I can. Please take your credit card off of your account and just put it in momentarily. Or better yet, don't buy anything from these people. Thank you for reading.

carolel45
9/9/18

Bought a groupon for the buffet at Caesars palace. Groupon says you are saving 45% when in reality you only save 10%. When I got there the buffet price was $39.99 not $64.99 like their Groupon ad said. I only saved $4. I paid $35.99. I emailed them and complained but they do not give refunds and they did not pull the ad like I suggested.

phatt2
9/5/18

I had booked the hotel from Groupon and when I get to the hotel they said there is no reservation at all from Groupon but Groupon already took my money. I had nowhere to stay that night. Early morning I chat with them they said it's get a way deal so u can't get ur money back.... I really upset about the service and had really bad experiences with them. If I could vote for ur 0 star I will do.

elainer81
9/2/18

In my opinion Groupon is a terrible scam. Please do not ever order anything from them if you expect to receive it. I ordered a string of lights and although they were paid for I never received them. I ordered a pair of blue queen size sheets and received a pair of yellow king sized sheets which were dirty, stuffed back into the plastic bag, and seem to have been well used. I also ordered two children Toys which were paid for and never received. You cannot talk to a person at the company, all you get is a cookie-cutter reply by email which was never satisfactory. The problem was never resolved as a result I am suggesting to other people that they never order anything from Groupon again

innaz5
8/31/18

My husband and I got a hotel Groupon but could not use it due to family emergency. I tried to contact the hotel, they directed me back to Groupon. No live chat was available (conveniently) and all I could do is to email them. No response was received. I had to contact them again later and was told that now it's too late and they can't issue the refund! Terrible company, will never buy anything from them again!

heatherm346
8/31/18

NO RETURNS. Don't go near them. You will lose all your money. NO RETURNS UNLESS FAULTY. My son bought me a 2-tier dish rack. It was absolute rubbish. Flimsy, rust-prone structure. Refunded him and BINNED it. Remember you will NOT get your money if you merely don't like the goods.

ilonah3
8/31/18

I purchased a shutterfly photo book. Suddenly I am unable to log in. Many password resets didnt help. No customer support on "live chat". On my phone application (purchased from the same phone couple days earlier) shows no shutterfly purchase, but when I checked my account sure enough they charged me for it. Just wasted almost an hour and still got nowhere. Can log in on my phone, cant on computer.

verab26
8/29/18

Horrendous experience and dreadful customer support.
Self assembly came with inadequate instructions and screws missing.
Screws were never sent on despite repeated assurances they would be,
Customer Services wouldnt tell me who the manufacturers were so I could get screws and any advice re assembly. No holes for a number of screws. Chats cut by customer support when they couldnt answer my questions. No response to any further emails I have sent.
Dont buy this desk, dont expect any support from Groupon Customer Support

jf175
8/29/18

Made a purchase on Groupon, a couple of days later I received a shady email concerning Bank card I used,saying "bank was suspending my usage" and to click link in email, they couldn't spell either... did not open and when I addressed it with Groupon they sent me an email asking for everything but my entire card number which is suspicious in it's self. They should be able to check out the entire transaction via their system by just my name.

1,623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E.

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h.

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M.

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G.

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P.

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H.

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I.

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R.

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B.

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S.
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

40 Photos for Groupon