Review of Groupon

sysadmin@groupon.com
2017 Customer choice award

coryc22
2/21/18

DON'T USE GROUPON, THEY ARE A BUNCH OF LYING STEALING THIEVES! Good luck getting help with an order than never arrived. It is your problem, you lost my package and you need to replace it or refund my money. NEVER USE THEM FOR ANYTHING, YOU WILL BE SCREWED!!!!

amyd119
2/18/18

I purchased a voucher through Groupon and was unable to get the website that Groupon was endorsing to work. I contacted customer support to cancel my purchase of this voucher and was told that "while this was within the time frame to cancel, there was fine print that this was a final sale." I purchased this voucher less than an hour prior to contacting customer support and they still did not honor my request to cancel the voucher. Terrible service for both Groupon and Printer Pix.

lynne557
2/15/18

Ordered a product and never showed up. States was delivered by UPS, told to look around in bushes and ask neighbors. I have a security camera on front door. There was no delivery! Groupon doesnt care, will not refund, respond.

barneyp10
2/15/18

I have been burned by them over and over. They don't respond when a company goes out of business. Used one Groupon and the "cost" at the place was cheaper at the place than the cost of the Groupon. Traded in a Groupon and the money never showed up nor would they respond. If you know a particular place, go ahead. Otherwise they don't deliver things and blame you. Often a rip off.

ml204
2/14/18

Groupon service is nonexistent. They and the merchant pass you back and forth blaming each other and neither resolves your issue. Bought Sam's club

Tip for consumers: Don't buy Sam's Club membership from Groupon.

alisonf29
2/14/18

I wont buy from this company again. Their tracking system isn't a tracking system, its a con. They say a product is delivered with no evidence to prove this. Saying maybe a neighbor has it simply isn't good enough. my nearest neighbor is quarter of a mile a way, so bull. They supply you with a false number to check on your product. Their 'wheres my purchase?' link is broken, doesn't work, hasn't done so for months.Never again.

avas21
2/13/18

be careful read the small print. clothing is the worse deal. food is ok. cheap wine and tastes it.

jacquelinem75
2/12/18

I've used groupon at least 6 times now and I've had an amazing experience. I do my research and read the information on the bottom on the ones that I buy and there totally worth it. I saved so much money and I actually like the businesses I bought from and continue to go back without the Groupons.

philr31
2/12/18

We booked a holiday with Groupon, a 6-day trip to Italy. Their agent, Weekender Breaks pretty much ripped us off making flight bookings that didn't connect with the holiday rail travel. We then had substantial additional costs to change the flights, paying for their incompetence.
The rail travel also turned out to be pretty much of a con, they booked us on a 1-way ticket only. So there were further hidden costs for us to get back home again.
There were also many other issues and all in all, it was a very bad experience.
We can only recommend people to keep away from Groupon and their lousy holiday companies like Weekender Breaks.

jasonr167
2/9/18

I purchased the ultimate date night from Groupon and when i went to claim my vouchers for the movie tickets and restaurant.com. the promo codes did not work. They said that the codes had been previously used. Contacted groupon and never heard back from them with an answer or a solution. Lost my money due to Groupon expiring. Will never use Groupon again!

barbaral133
2/2/18

I was told that Groupon contacted Quizno's to honor the groupons I purchased for use at this merchant. When I contacted them and spoke to the manager at Quizno's they in fact told me that they specifically told the representative at Groupon that they would NOT honor my groupons purchased. The merchant has told me to go back to Groupon to get my full refund for money spent. Being that I am the consumer, I shoudl not be the one in the middle of the conflict between groupon and quizno's. I paid groupon for a service I'm not receiving and at this point and being very patient, I should just get a full refund. Enough of this back and forth and putting the customer in the middle.

larrys50
2/2/18

I have had overall good success with Groupons, and believed that they vetted their companies. I recently had a garage door service through Groupon that was little more than a scam. I authorized some additional work, and when completed they wanted me to sign several places on a tablet without reading what I was signing. They had added some additional cost and changed the warranty. When I called Groupon customer service, I had to wait so long for the agent to respond that I gave up. Lesson learned: It's up to the consumer to check out the business.

teras9
2/1/18

Apparently they used to have a phone number where you can talk to a live person in customer service that has been disconnected Im assuming because of all the complaints they get this company is such a rip off they give you 24 hours to cancel your purchase but you dont know until you make an appointment with the particular company that they will not honor the Groupon and its past 24 hours you have three months to use a Groupon there was a facial I wanted to get by a person named Elizabeth from a company called lavender and sage Elizabeth no longer honors the Groupon I only had one month more left to use it Groupon would not give me my money back because I tried to get a refund past 24 hours they only gave me credit to buy another Groupon so they want to keep the money within their company

I bought another Groupon for winetasting when I got there they were not serving wine they were serving terrible champagnes one sip from each class it wasnt even a real pour like they have at other wineries Ive been to.
Groupon said gourmet food there was not anything I would call food it was 1 mini stale pretzel 1 stale cracker the cheapest kind you can get at the grocery store, a triangle of cheese definitely not gourmet cheese one red grape and a stale piece of chocolate that was actually turning white
I tried to get my money back it wasnt what was written. Then got there the owner of the winery made me pay a 3 tax On a $27 wine tasting
I contacted Groupon because it did not say anything that I have to pay an additional amount of money they did nothing for me.
Tried to do an online chat with the people its outsourced from India to ask for a phone number for their president so I can let them know the scams that are going on they couldnt give it to me
I feel a class action lawsuit is in order when I have the time I will look into it its completely fraudulent you buy a Groupon

facial by Elizabeth but then there is no Elizabeth doing it they tell you that someone named Cara would do it but CARA is booked until March and your Groupon expires February 27
another words you end up either paying full price for that service at that salon because the salon owner is not willing to work with you or Elizabeth never intended to do it

There are other ethical companies like get one free and in your local paper

fuckg4
1/30/18

They tell you that you can trade in a groupon, but then when you accidentally click on the trade in option and decide to revisit it later, they deny that you could ever trade in the groupon if you changed your mind!

Basically, once they get your money, everything else is out of their hands and there's no guarantee of any satisfaction or fulfillment of the product or service purchased.

Groupon is nothing but a two-bit middle man.

aaronc92
1/30/18

DO NOT purchase groupons. A majority of the sellers have incorrect phone numbers not allowing you to follow thru with your groupon or they simply don't do what they say they're going to do. Groupons oversight of these companies is absolutely horrible and they should be on the hook for this bad business.

micheller211
1/29/18

Made a purchase and returned it within the week , took 2 months to get only a partial refund . The only customer service is online and that is like beating your head against a wall . No phone number for Groupon aside from one that tells you to communicate online . So now im out $100.00 . The products i returned were the worst quality ever , Made in China . Run !!!

waynek42
1/29/18

Groupon ads do not actually list what you are getting, even in the fine print. The object is to get your money then trade off with another product they get a better return on. - No refunds. Miss Leading advertising - DO NOT BUY GROUPON

corinat2
1/25/18

The seller was a con and groupon does NOT back what's sold on their site. I got a fitness groupon stating that I can take 30 "fitness" classes at several specific locations near me. I showed up for the class that I registered for via the sellers site and they had no idea that groupon had them listed, but offered to give me a free "tryout" class... that's not 30 classes and the other location said that they are NOT affiliated with seller
"MetaBody Yoga & Fitness Pass" but they also offered free try outs. Apparently I bought a few classes through groupon that are actually free tryouts and NONE of them were willing to cover ANY of the groupon's ( MetaBody Yoga & Fitness Pass) 30 classes and of course they have no phone contact available!

alexoc
1/24/18

At the dawn of this service it was really good - actions, sales, big discounts and perfect service everywhere you buy the coupon for. The more I use it the more I see that staff is not that happy to see and take thhe coupons. Maby this is my personal observance but I do not feel like ordering groupons anymore.

anthonys203
1/24/18

NEVER trust groupon with anything related to travel. I purchased a groupon for a hotel stay two weeks ago. They just CANCELLED my stay without informing me, and sent me an email that they refunded my credit card because they published the incorrect rates.

I already purchased a rental car, I already have family meeting me there for my birthday and now I am not sure what to do. The worst part is I went back to the groupon to see how much the price went up, and the rate increased from $86 per night to $377 per night.

For all of you looking to buy a vacation through groupon, imagine purchasing your family vacation, planning it, taking off work, only to find out that they decided to cancel your vacation on you two weeks later. It would leave you between spending a lot more money to go on the same trip you already priced out or doing nothing.

BUYER BEWARE!

silvinag
1/23/18

I purchased two tickets in Groupon for King Spa in NJ for my spouse and me 10 days ago. Very upset about it. We had to pay an extra fee of more than $10 to spend the night there. This fee was not indicated in the fine print of the purchase on Groupon. I tried to contact Groupon Customer Service but they don't have a phone number!! On top of that, the service at the spa was one of the worst service ever had. Very rude people. The place is very old and old-fashioned and the food is not a Spa food. I feel that I came back home more stressful than ever before!!! Don't spend the money there!

dorisb38
1/22/18

First of all there is no telephone number to contact customer service and no response what's so ever to four different requests regarding our problem. Would never use Groupon again.

stephaniew134
1/21/18

My nieces and nephews look onhere for deals all the time. Adding sex toys was inappropriate.i will not use this app anymore

victoriar56
1/19/18

I purchased a carpet cleaning . I had to deal with a very bad business to begin with. After I made an appointment they were trying to change the time and then they just never showed up, an hour later they text me with the excuse they had an accident. Not my problem anyways. When I tried to get my money back from groupon it was impossible. They have no contact number no e mail and no one ever answers the live chat. Is part of their deceptive practices I guess. Of course I disputed the charge letting everyone know about their unethical practices.

penelopep7
1/17/18

I purchased an office chair from Overstock at great price. It is underwhelming and putting it together was an exercise in patience. The holes for the screws were not aligning very cheap material.

1,623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E. [Groupon Rep]

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h. [Groupon Rep]

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M. [Groupon Rep]

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G. [Groupon Rep]

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P. [Groupon Rep]

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H. [Groupon Rep]

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I. [Groupon Rep]

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R. [Groupon Rep]

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B. [Groupon Rep]

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S. [Groupon Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

30 Photos for Groupon