Review of RetailMeNot

support@retailmenot.com
2018 Customer choice award

lulub14
11/29/18

I RECENTLY SIGNED UP FOR THIS APP/COMPANY AND USED IT I BELIEVE TWICE, ONCE FOR GIFT CARD MALL AND ONCE FOR AMAZON. TODAY, ON A DAY I NEED THIS TRASH THE LEAST, I RECEIVE AN EMAIL STATING I WAS IN VIOLATION OF THEIR TERMS. IT DOESN'T SAY HOW, IT'S VERY GENERIC AND THEY STATE THEY ARE SUSPENDING MY ACCOUNT AND I'M NO LONGER TO PARTICIPATE. THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF IS USING IT TOWARD GIFT CARD MALL AND GIFT CARD MALL TAKING IT UPON THEMSELVES TO CANCEL MY ORDER. IF THAT'S HOW YOU'RE GOING TO TREAT CUSTOMERS, THEN SO BE IT. THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER WAYS TO SCORE DEALS AND WHAT NOT. YOU CAN USE EBATES, SHOPKICK, DROP....ALL WAYS TO SAVE. I'M NOT THE TYPE OF PERSON TO COMMIT FRAUD OR CHEAT AND I DON'T APPRECIATE BEING ACCUSED OF SUCH A THING.

peterp311
9/18/18

Is it this site or the retailers fault? If a retailer offers a discount code box in the basket then I am going to go in search of one but I get really fed up when codes are promoted on voucher sites and they do not work or are not active. They claim to have XXoff and dont. Grrr

allieh18
9/10/18

I tried to purchase several gift cards from RetailMeNot. All of my purchases were declined. Shocked, I called my credit card company. They said they had approved every single one of my purchases. When I asked RetailMeNot why my purchases were declined they said a third-party verification team had denied the purchases. And they would refund the charges to my credit card. So RetailMeNot held my money for a few days and then decided to give me a refund instead of sending me the gift cards. RetailMeNot customer service said, that "To protect my privacy," there would be no explanation for declining my purchase because of an anonymous third-party verification team. And there was no way for me to talk to the anonymous third-party verification team. I believe what really happened was my accumulated discounts which totaled approximately $90 was too significant. So the gift cards work as long as you're not actually saving significant amounts of money by using them. And if it is a significant amount of money to buy them - RetailMeNot gets to use this money or a few days before they refund it (based on an nonspecific reas on) - I wonder what the company makes on the accumulation of floats every year? It's a complete sham!! Go to Raise.com for real gift cards

oliviab83
9/10/18

I definitely give them 10/10 without a doubt! They save plenty of people money and everyone can do so much! If everyone is a happy camper, then I know they are too!

jimw305
9/6/18

Never used the service before and signed up. Tried to order two gift cards and my order was cancelled. I got the canned "third party verifier" response to my inquiry that others seem to be getting. Not sure what the deal is or if they are trying to week out casual users by denying the first order to see if you will go back, but they lost a customer here. Account deleted and I will be watching my credit card closely for fraud.

theresas167
8/20/18

SO AFTER POSTING HERE ABOUT RETAILMENOT AND IT WAS SAME AS EVERYONE HERE WAS HAVING ISSUES, I POSTED HERE AND AND I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND GUESS WHAT, 2 DAYS LATER I HAD A RESPONSE AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD WORK ON MY ISSUE AND ONE DAY LATER THEY SAID WE ARE GIVING YOU YOUR MONEY AND I HAD IT IN MY ACCOUNT WITH IN 7 DAYS...SO I WANTED YOU TO KNOW FILED WITH BBB...CAUSE A COMPLAINT AGAINST THE COMPANY HURTS THEM...AND AT THE END OF THE DAY PEOPLE ITS NOT YOU ITS THEM AND THEY NEED TO DO A BETTER JOB WITH THEIR SERVICE FOR SURE.

jt162
8/11/18

Tried using Forever 21 yesterday at Carolina Place Mall in Pineville, NC. Manager refused to honor Retail Me Not discount? Only Forever 21 website/email Discounts. Managers said this website does not update their retail discount information. Not going to waste time asking do you accept this website discount each time i try to use retail me not.

dalel63
8/4/18

Retailmenot advertises Applebees discounted gift cards but when I ordered yesterday, they said my credit card was declined. I called my credit card company and they said they approved it but two hours later the merchant reversed the charges. I sent an email to Retailmenot and they said they hire a third party to handle the orders and the third party told them they couldn't tell them the reason why my order was declined. They told me to try again today which I did. Again it responded that my credit card was declined. I call my credit card company and they told me they approved the charge. Their website said that 219 people ordered Applebees discounted gift cards today. Why did they decline me? Why would they decline an approved payment order? Has anyone else experienced this treatment?

Tip for consumers: I hope you have a better experience than I did yesterday or today.

fellows
7/31/18

At first i thought i was the only one having this issue but then i saw so many others here experiencing this same problems with RetailMeNot, It's not a recent issue turns out they've been doing this for years! I gave them so many chances but enough. I'm not one to write reviews but i just want other shoppers to be beware of their shady business practice so they don't get suckered into losing money like I have. Save yourself the trouble and use another decent/reputable cashback site because Retailmenot is a SCAM when it comes to getting your missing cash back, dealing with bogus customer service thru non responsive email/chat, and despite making legit purchases and having proof of purchases, their customers agents make up their on rules on the spot for not being obliged to honor your cashback as advertised and disclosed in their public terms on website. They lure you into making orders with your favorite retailers by promising you'll get cash back on those orders but you don't. They owe me over $100 from many orders the past few months.

They won't honor cash back and I'm tired of being misled that once i activate the offer and place the order at the vendor's site, I'll get my cashback automatically. I've placed large orders, shopped frequently at multiple vendors--- especially bc of cb deals BUT RMN has glitch in their system or they purposely like to be fraudulent. I don't know. But No matter all the trouble shooting, proof of activation,
Order Receipt, etc they don't track my cb. I'm always having to followup multiple times via email which they no longer respond to, chat is joke bc it's never working, when you finally get a hold of someone you're told "yeah we got your email but we're ignoring it for weeks and no we won't give you cb for your legit orders bc lets see I'm going to make up some random rule about # of cb payouts being maxed as we speak, oh well bye." Are you kidding me?! It shouldn't be this much of a hassle to shop. I'm no longer going to be using rmn. I'm closing my account bc they won't give me cb for 3-5 large orders i placed at multiple vendors using their legit cb offers which are actively showing pending in my account. They need to fix their tracking and stop scamming users that make legit transactions in hopes of getting cb as falsely advertised in daily emails they send out to us. Shoppers beware!!!!!! Don't fall for their scheme. One agent had the audacity to tell me "to go cancel all orders bc there is no way I'll be getting cash back". I thought she was joking but she was serious she actually expected me to return all my stuff to vendors after 3 months or so as a resolution. I'm appalled bc that's not ethical and moral to return merchandise after months and its impossible to cancel order that is processed and been delivered for months.. They are seriously so stupid and unprofessional. please don't waste your time with them i wish i had seen these reviews before i fell for their fraud. i thought bc they are well know they must be legit. Nope crazy loons out to get your money as you place orders and they collect comissions from retailers and wont give you your cash back share.

lindad424
7/26/18

When I first started using them they honored their cashback offers. Lately there seems to be a problem with every purchase I make although you can very clearly see that I activated the cash back promo. I've supplied them with order confirmations verifying my orders. I absolutely do not have cookies blocked, in fact they're enabled specifically. No problem "activating" the cash back, but boy there's a problem "receiving" the cash back. When purchasing I factored in the price expecting to get the cash back. I've gotten the bogus "you've done too many offers" when one offer out of five eligible went through but more were activated so I should have been eligible for four more. The not enough days when more than enough time has passed according to their deadlines. Send us the confirmations, did that. Then the we have manually applied it. No, they didn't. I'm done with them now. I'm guessing my recent cashback percentage about 5% honored. Goodbye.

annb284
7/24/18

Good site, except they don't allow referral codes to be entered as a referral code even if the code gets the customer a free product, free shipping or discount. Most people can't seem to figure out that a coupon code put on retailmenot coupon site might needs to be entered into the referral code box at the checkout, not the promo code section. I got a free Rio Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum cream using a boxycharm code because I figured this out. If it doesn't work as a promo code, it might be a referral code!

chelsiem2
7/11/18

Have been using RetailMeNot.com faithfully for a couple months to buy discount gift cards. Never a problem. Until now!!! Out of no where they cancelled my gift card order. Tried 3 different times. Still they decline my purchase. My credit card isn't the one declining the purchase. RetailMeNot.com uses a 3rd Party to verify purchases. And, they can tell me nothing more than "it was declined by our 3rd Party. sorry. try another website." What? I've been wrongfully flagged. Ridiculous. I have absolutely no credit trouble and am in good standing with my credit card company.

ronw82
7/9/18

RetailMeNot is a wonderful money saver. One can register and browse for deals via app or website. Discounts up to 50% off are offered on anything from food to electronics. I use the app regularly and save big each time I use it. Just yesterday I brought a Papa John's large pizza for 40% off. Some other rivals to RetailMeNot make one jump through hoops just to save minimal or none in the end. RetailMeNot offers exactly what it states without any tricks. The only drawback is that some of the coupons may not work. Hints the four stars.

michaelh943
7/6/18

When you make a purchase using a cash back offer, many times something will go wrong and retailmenot will not automatically detect that you made a purchase (even following the specific instructions each time). Thats ok, though! On the website it says that if your cash back reward doesnt automatically go through the process of approval, just email them with your receipt and they can review what offer you activated and if your purchase qualifies for cash back. Sounds easy enough, right? NO! The customer service agents decide, themselves, when they no longer want to do this for you. And they obviously get pretty tired of doing this very quick and dont want to do their job after someone makes just a FEW requests!!! There is no maximum limit for making this type of request outlined in their terms and conditions! So ridiculous!

morgand49
7/6/18

Other negative reviews of Retailmenot are 100% correct. They are completely USELESS and a WASTE of time!! I have NEVER had a SINGLE coupon of theirs turn out to be valid. The vast majority of them dont even have a code, they just direct you to the website of the store youre wanting to shop on, only to have absolutely nothing happen at checkout. Even the ones that DO have a code are completely fake and bogus 99% of the time because theyre third party and not affiliated with any of the stores themselves. So unless its an offer that the store itself is currently running and can be seen by actually going to the stores website, that coupon code is going to be useless because it wont be recognized and will show up as invalid. The only ones that are somewhat reliable are those that give a certain amount off your first purchase when you sign up for emails and create an account with a particular site. But again, this is an offer that would show up anyway just by visiting the stores website, not an extra discount or savings unique to Retailmenot. As the old saying goes: if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. If a third party site like Retailmenot claims to have a special discount code that doesnt appear to be offered by the particular store or website its supposed to be for, chances are it has no affiliation with that retailer whatsoever, thus making it a complete scam, as retailers dont have to honor coupons that arent their own. Do yourself a favor and read other negative reviews before wasting your time with this bogus site. Save yourself the headache and frustration that comes with being scammed.

conniee6
6/15/18

My first time using this site, I got a coupon and was able to save $30 on a pretty big purchase. I will definitely use this site again.

adanem
5/13/18

I was looking for stores that sell reading sunglasses online and this coupon with 10% off for sunglassesrage.com opened up on my screen. As I had previously bought from that website, I went to check it out. Chose what I wanted, and went ahead to check out. I was supposed to have free shipping, UNTIL I applied the 10% coupon. All of a sudden, there was no free shipping anymore. I had to pay $2.49 for shipping, being that when the "10% off" coupon was applied, I had a discount of $2.69. Scam. To make people buy at certain online stores. Is there a MINUS 5 star?

dough116
4/30/18

I bought a Bagster for remodeling clean up with the expectation that the 20% discount code was legitimate. It is not.
The Bagster customer service people say that the only coupons they ever have would be through the retailer only and there are no coupons from online sites like RetailMeNot.

scottm287
4/9/18

I went to RMN to get a code for DISH network services for my home. They had an amazing deal that I should have know it was too good to be true. I was told that I couldn't enter code until after installation at my home. This code was for referring someone for service, and that was not listed on THEIR website. It was made to sound like it was for brand new customers. After signing up for a 2 year contract and installation, I contacted RMN for help. They person told me that they would remove code, and it was "my" fault for not getting the discount. THEY have faulty and bad info on their site, but it was my fault. I asked was there anything that they could do for me since THEIR site mislead me, and customer said, NO!!!!!!! Buyer Beware. They said that they would confirm these codes and remove, but the people who have used this info will all be messed up now.

jamiek68
3/21/18

Usually when I am already at an online checkout, and I want to find some savings i'll go to RMN and find a coupon. It's like free money !

susans344
2/27/18

I have been getting a complete run around trying to get 20.00 rebate from a purchase. It is ridiculous!! at first they wouldn't even respond. Then they kept requesting the same information over and over. Finally I got the credit for the rebate. Then I could not withdraw it. Same thing... email after email requesting the error or screen shot. Well over 20 emails trying to resolve this. My account is completely messed up. I cant request money or edit my information or anything. I personally think this is a gimmick. There is no way they cannot figure out this problem. Dont use them. I like the coupons to use in stores but other than that dont fall for it like I did. Some people are out much more than I am.

robxzn
2/12/18

I've been a regular on RetailMeNot for four years, usually looking for and submitting promo codes. Although sometimes I come across invalid ones, I still find it to be the most reliable and comprehensive source for promo codes on the Internet. The majority of the codes are actually supplied by users like you and I. The site encourages all users to contribute to the community when you have none exclusive codes that you can share with others. Once you submit a code it will be validated and posted shortly. RetailMeNot also offers site exclusive promo codes.

I've gotten cash back a few times without any issue. It is a recent development that works in the same way and takes as long to receive the fund as Ebates and other cash rebate sites. All of them have requirements you must follow in order to receive the cash back.

jamesb650
2/6/18

I did the Cashback service for AT&T wireless new service back in September 2017 and still haven't received my cash back of $100! What a SCAM this website is! Everyone please avoid Retailmenot.com! I'm a Marine Veteran OEF Afghanistan and I will not do anymore business with these people. I have emailed many times and I keep getting the run around!!!! Still waiting on Merchant or send receipt (which I have 3x!!) Uggg I give up with this place, but just had to warn others before its more wasted time!!!

katt58
1/29/18

Do NOT use RetailMeNot. I was skeptical, I even used the reviews on here to see if it was real or not. Some coupons are real, but they're just taken straight from the company's website ex: macy's coupon featured straight on the macy's home page. Any other coupon does NOT work. If you present these coupons in store most stores reject them. In addition, I bought Nike shoes online and a Fossil purse neither one has been approved. And it has been OVER 30 days from the Nike purchase, I have made many attempts to contact them, their live chat is always "down" even when I try during their hours. They never reply to emails, I thought the positive reviews on here were real but they are NOT. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

tracys145
12/30/17

I made a few purchases through the site that were promising cash back. Months have gone by and multiple emails. NO CASH BACK... They said they needed the confirmation receipts/email from the company to verify. Then wont email me back. It is a Fraud. Don't believe it . There chat is never working, I have tried to chat several times and they always say sorry its down you will have to email. Don't use them.

63 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No, there is no guarantee any store will take a RMN offer. Always ask before having it rung up and decide whether to buy or not once you know.

By Rl D.

Really? Sitejabber gave you a deal for a hotel? Amazing!! I'm going out on a limb here & assuming you're not very internet savvy seeing that you're posting this question on an unrelated site. Welcome to the internet. Always verify things from 3rd party sites.

By Jennifer M.

Cash back offers are fraud you will never receive the money

By Brooklyn I.

Questions? Get answers from the RetailMeNot staff and other customers.

RetailMeNot?