Review of CouponCabin

success@couponcabin.com
2018 Customer choice award

debrab271
3/10/19

I really was very excited about joining this. But i am terrible when it comes to computers and i am so very confused using it. I will try again.

jeromec60
3/9/19

I love coupon cabin because they keep you informed on companies that are having the best deals they have excellent customer service and couponcabin is one of my face because you get cash to boot!

jennc110
3/4/19

Easy way to get cash back on stuff you already buy and doubling up when you're buying stuff on sale and with discounts!

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thank you very much, Jenn! KFC wants everyone to double down, but CouponCabin wants you to double UP!
louisec139
3/4/19

I do many purchases quickly and like to use your site as many times during the week as do many online orders for family and gifts

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thanks, Louise! Keep buying gifts and we'll keep giving you the gift of cash back!
cherylm396
3/4/19

I recently used Coupon Cain for the first time. It was an amazing experience.

Easy to use and I got my first check so quick.

Nothing like $14.87 to make me a Coupon Cabin customer from now on.

Awesome!!!!

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
You're awesome, Cheryl! Earning cash back is as amazing an experience as climbing Mt. Everest in our opinion!
nicolem360
3/3/19

When shopping online this is a great way to earn cash back, and with the CouponCabin Sidekick app, it's even faster. For the online shopper, CouponCabin is a great choice!

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
We're glad you think so, Nicole, thank you!
juliannag5
3/2/19

I've been shopping online & in store using Coupon Cabin to earn cash back on just about every order & get discounts to just about any store for a few years now. It's always a pleasure using Coupon Cabin while I'm shopping.

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thanks, Julianna! The pleasure is all ours!
maryd594
2/28/19

If you shop online this is the easiest way to get cash back twice. Just go to the coupon cabin site, choose your store, and select the best deal, make your purchase and you will automatically get a percentage back. If your credit card also has a rewards program, you will be getting double rewards. So simple! Coupon cabin sends me a check every three months but there are other options available.

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
You've got this all figured out, Mary, thanks! Double your rewards, double the fun!
jessicam650
2/26/19

it's hard to believe but I stumbled upon coupon cabin and so easily got back money for almost half my order deposited into my paypal!

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thanks, Jessica! With all the piles of cash back laying around, it's hard not to stumble!
nathaliah
2/26/19

In one year all already made almost $1000 in cash back from my purchases. And on top of the cash back they also offer coupons for most of your purchases.

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Wow, Nathalia, thanks! With a $1000 in cash back you could buy a 1000 tacos or 500 burritos or 200 hamburgers! Did I mention it's lunch time here?
tessaa6
2/26/19

It is so simple...shop and get money! I recommend Couponcabin100% .. Justin day I received a direct deposit to my account.. Just for shopping! I'm waiting for two more deposits which are coming soon!

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thank you, Tessa, YOU are too good to be true!
jm622
2/26/19

Who wouldn't love getting money back for things you are already going to purchase. I found it to be very easy to use.

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thank you very much! It's easy to love getting cash back!
candicef19
2/26/19

Always find an extra way to save some money with my online purchases using Coupon Cabin. It is easy and I always look forward to my end of month rebate statement that automatically deposits to my bank account!

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thank you very much, Candice! Unlike your landlord, we pay YOU at the end of the month!
jamesm1662
2/25/19

It's awful. While you are shopping you have to continually click the activate button - it closes out quickly. I've lost out on a few rebates as a result of this. I purchased a $900 laptop from HP, and that should have been like a $25 rebate I think. Substantial whatever it was. That was back in November. It's almost March, and I still have no rebate. What I have is 5 emails telling me that Coupon Cabin hasn't gotten their payment either so they feel my pain....but fear not they are STILL working on it. Ebates goes ahead and pays you because they promise to. It's not MY fault that Coupon Cabin can't get their business process together, yet I miss out. Stay away. Ebates is much better and more reliable.

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
The scenario that you describe, where every time a page loads the Sidekick pops up, is happening because your browser's cookies are not fully enabled and/or you have ad-blocking software that is not allowing the cash back cookie to be set. Please just fully enable your browser to accept all cookies, and fully disable all ad blockers, and everything will track just fine. The lack of this cookie is why we must also reach out to the store to confirm your transaction and process cash back.
michaelc1500
2/23/19
• Updated review

I'm writing an update to my original review.

On Jan. 15th, I received an email telling me that I could no longer receive money via Paypal transfer. They detected what they called "unnatural activity," but they could not explain what this was, nor did they determine that it was a violation of their Terms and Conditions. All they would say was that it happened and there was no way to resolve it. Detecting an issue is one thing but saying that it was impossible to ever resolve and therefore I would need to accept payment via paper check from henceforth is another, and it smelled fishy to me. They said their T&C covered this, but I could not locate such a passage, and they wouldn't point me to it or explain it. I accepted their resolution of paper checks, but I also said that this transparency issue concerned me and it may constitute a legal issue. They immediately closed my account. I received this message:

"Given your desire to seek legal action, we feel that the best course is to close your account and issue a final payment for the cash back you have pending. This is usually a ten-day process, but based on your note, I will escalate this to our Chief Financial Officer so we can get a final payment processed within the next 48 hours.

Sincerely,

Sydney K.
Customer Success Associate
CouponCabin team member since 2014"

Any further contact with CouponCabin has left me with this message:

"The Customer Success team is no longer able to provide assistance for this issue. For additional information regarding your account or CouponCabin's Terms and Conditions, please contact us in writing at the address below. Please include your return address and allow 30 days for our written response.

CouponCabin LLC
Attn: Legal Department
1319 119th St., 2nd Floor
Whiting, Indiana 46394
You may review CouponCabin's Terms and Conditions by visiting the URL below:

Michaela S.
Vice President of Customer Satisfaction
CouponCabin Team Member since 2015
CouponCabin shareholder since 2016"

Based on my interactions with Sydney K., it is clear that they never viewed anything I did as a violation of their Terms and Conditions prior to mentioning the potential legal issue. It was the mention of a potential legal issue that got my account closed. Sydney K. even said, after my account was closed, that I was still due the money that I earned while a member. And yet, here it is, Feb. 23rd, and I have yet to receive payment.

It's clear to me that they have decided to not process my payment, which is a violation of their own Terms and Conditions, and want to make it as difficult as possible for me to chase down my own money in the hopes that I won't bother, thus allowing them to keep the money owed to me. This is a devious business practice that, in my opinion, amounts to theft. CouponCabin does have an email address for their legal department (legal@couponcabin.com), and I have sent multiple requests to them for payment, but my requests have been ignored. Now I will have to spend more time and money sending them a letter via certified mail asking them for the check they should have already sent. And if they ignore that, I will have to wait a bit before filing a suit in Small Claims Court, which they will probably not even bother attending knowing that the judgement will go against them, so they might as well waste my time before sending me the check I'm owed. It seems to me that it is just a matter of time before this company's shady dealings catch up to them. I would not be surprised to read about them being hit with a class action lawsuit sometime in the future. Avoid this company at all costs. It's just not worth it.

If you have had a similar experience with CouponCabin, you might consider filing a consumer complaint. You can do so with the Illinois Attorney General's Office here:

The FTC here:

And the Better Business Bureau here:

I've already filed complaints at all three. If anyone can think of another place to file a complaint, let me know. Also, I'm considering writing letters to the companies that do business with CouponCabin. We click through CouponCabin in order to make a purchase at places such as Target and Walmart, and presumably these merchants provide CouponCabin with a referral payment based on the amount we purchase, a cut of which is supposed to be shared with the people making the purchase. However, if CouponCabin is screwing over the purchasers, the merchants may reconsider doing business with CouponCabin.

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Because of your repeated threats, CouponCabin Customer Service is no longer able to provide assistance. As such, we'd ask that you direct all correspondence to the address you mentioned here.
“Customer Service Reps are taught to close accounts when problems arise. Deceitful company.”
1/16/19
• Previous review

I'd steer clear of this company due to transparency issues. They flagged my account for what they deemed "unnatural activity," but they could not explain to me what this activity was or why their security flagged it. Additionally, due to this flagging, they would no longer allow me to receive my cashback electronically (through Paypal, for example) and would only send me paper checks. When I inquired about these problems, all they would tell me was that this problem happened and there was no way to ever resolve in. I had to either accept paper checks from henceforth or no longer be a member. They stated that their terms and conditions covered this, but when I asked where the relevant passage in the T&C was, they ignored me. I couldn't find it. I complained about their lack of transparency and stated that I might have to look into whether or not this was a legal issue, and they promptly closed my account and will not respond other than to tell me that I have to write a letter to their legal department, at which point they'd get back to me within 30 days. So, I am left not knowing what this unnatural activity was or whether or not it poses a threat to my system. This company just isn't worth the headaches, especially when there are other companies out there doing the same thing.

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Our security system detected what it deems unnatural activity originating from your account and/or computer network and as a result, your account was eligible for check payments only. Please note that check payments are processed under the same frequency as payments you have previously received from CouponCabin. While we recognize that threats, intimidation and insults may be effective with other companies, they are not at all tolerated at CouponCabin and your account has been permanently closed.
sb354
2/21/19

I have had very good experiences with this app. It is very easy to use. I have gotten 3 Amazon gift cards in the last year. This is the easiest way to save money that I have used.

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thanks, we're glad you think so! Let's go for 4 gift cards this year!
triciar29
2/21/19

I love coupon cabin it's easy to use and very reliable. I would definitely recommend using this site :)

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thanks you very much, Tricia! Hope we can rely on you to spread the word!
leslieh148
2/15/19

Always get my payouts to my PayPal account within a few days to my account I am very pleased with this app

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
That's great, Leslie! We're pleased with you!
barrys168
2/10/19

CouponCabin is an easy and awesome way to shop. The partnership with the companies they have makes online shopping fun!

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thanks, Barry, you're too kind! Before we partnered with stores, we made sure our first partner was Fun!
teresas307
2/10/19

I highly recommend this company. I have used them for over two years and have not been disappointed with the cashback and coupons they provide. Excellent customer service too!

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thank you very much, Theresa! Has it been over two years? We didn't get you anything for our anniversary!
sandrab622
2/7/19

A great place to go for deals. Always new deals to be had. Makes me happy. Love shopping for deals at coupon cabin.

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thanks, Sandra!
shraddsq
2/7/19

I really love this app; helped me save $10 on my Pizza Hut order. Thank you so much for this great idea of amount back on orders.

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thanks, Shradds! That's awesome. What's better than saving money on pizza? Nothing!!!!
hannahw101
2/6/19

Love this site! Easy to use and navigate. There is tons of variety of stores. There is actual sites/brands that I shop at. I recommend it to everyone!

Response from Sydney K., CouponCabin Representative
Thanks for the kind words, Hannah. We're gonna recommend YOU to everyone!
craigm247
2/5/19

Really great site. They make it so easy to save money. I always check CouponCabin first. I wish I had known about CouponCabin before.

kathyw134
2/4/19

My account was credited within a day of submitting my receipt for the item I requested a coupon for. Only bad thing is that only get one coupon per month which doesn't help accumulate much, but good.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer -4

Please contact us at success@couponcabin.com with your account email address so we an check to see what's going on.

Helpful answer -2

Hi, Anja. Yes, these offers are for real! First, you must have an available Members Only offer claim available. After signing into your CouponCabin account and after the $100 offer goes live at the designated time, please click "Claim Bonus" which will then save this cash back discount to your account. Please note that these offers are of very limited quantity and in great demand, so once the offer goes live, they may be claimed very quickly. If you successfully claim one of these $100 offers, please then click "Activate Offer" at which point you'll be taken to the store, where you will just shop as you normally would. It's important that you make sure to click the "Activate Offer" button after successfully claiming the offer, to ensure that cash back is tracked correctly. This $100 in cash back will not be displayed during your checkout process but will be added to your CouponCabin account within 6 days of your purchase, once the store notifies us of your order; we will send you an email with the amount of pending cash back earned.

By Sam J., CouponCabin Representative

Hello, Thomas. While Amazon.com does not participate in CouponCabins Cash Back program, and thus any clicks or transactions placed with Amazon will not show up in your CouponCabin account, we do occasionally offer limited quantity "Members Only" cash back offers for Amazon.com.

By Sam J., CouponCabin Representative

I have not found customer service to be very helpful. I wouldn't be surprised if you've already been told to contact their legal department here: CouponCabin LLC Attn: Legal Department 1319 119th St., 2nd Floor Whiting, Indiana 46394 I'd be very curious to know if you were able to get your money as I am still trying to get my money back from them. Interestingly enough, Sydney K. is also the customer service rep who terminated my account.

By michael c.

Hi, Michael. CouponCabin members can earn cash back simply by clicking on CouponCabin's links and then completing a purchase on the stores website as you normally would. Just make sure that you're logged in to your CouponCabin account before you click over to the store's site so that your order will be tracked and the proper cash back credited. Cash back rewards are not immediate and will not be shown during checkout, but they will automatically post to your CouponCabin account within 7 days of your purchase once the store notifies CouponCabin of your transaction. Once notified, we'll send you an email confirming your cash back earnings. You may also view our FAQs here: https://www.couponcabin.com/help/

By Sam J., CouponCabin Representative

Hi, Kat. Please contact us at success@couponcabin.com for assistance.

By Sam J., CouponCabin Representative

Hi, Heather. Thank you for your question about the $100 offer that CouponCabin.com is running today. First, you must have an available Members Only offer claim available. After signing into your CouponCabin account and after the $100 offer goes live at the designated time, please click "Claim Bonus" which will then save this cash back discount to your account. Please note that these offers are of very limited quantity and in great demand, so once the offer goes live, they may be claimed very quickly. If you successfully claim one of these $100 offers, please then click "Activate Offer" at which point you'll be taken to the store, where you will just shop as you normally would. It's important that you make sure to click the "Activate Offer" button after successfully claiming the offer, to ensure that cash back is tracked correctly. This $100 in cash back will not be displayed during your checkout process but will be added to your CouponCabin account within 6 days of your purchase, once the store notifies us of your order; we will send you an email with the amount of pending cash back earned.

By Sam J., CouponCabin Representative

CouponCabin members can earn cash back simply by clicking on CouponCabin's links and then completing a purchase on the stores website as you normally would. Just make sure that you're logged in to your CouponCabin account before you click over to the store's site so we can track your order and credit your earnings. Cash back rewards are not immediate and will not be shown during checkout but they will automatically post to your CouponCabin account within 7 days of your purchase once the store notifies CouponCabin of your transaction. Once notified, we'll send you an email confirming your cash back earnings.

By Sam J., CouponCabin Representative

After signing into your CouponCabin account and after the $50 offer goes live at the designated time, please click "Claim Offer" which will then save this cash back discount to your account. Please note that these offers are of very limited quantity and in great demand, so once the offer goes live, they may be claimed very quickly. If you successfully claim one of these $50 offers, please then click "Activate Offer" at which point you'll be taken to the store, where you will just shop as you normally would. It's important that you make sure to click the "Activate Offer" button after successfully claiming the offer, to ensure that cash back is tracked correctly. This $50 in cash back will not be displayed during your checkout process but will be added to your CouponCabin account within 6 days of your purchase, once the store notifies us of your order; we will send you an email with the amount of cashback earned.

By Sam J., CouponCabin Representative

Hi Dee! Thanks again for giving us a try! If you're just looking to use a coupon code or offer from Venus or any other store, you wouldn't need a membership as you can do this just by going to our site. To earn cashback though, you would need to sign up and agree to CouponCabin cashback terms ahead of time. Cashback is earned simply by clicking on one of our links for a qualifying cash back store and then completing a purchase on the stores website. Just make sure that you are logged in to your CouponCabin account before you click over to the store site or we will not be able to track your purchase. Cashback is not immediate and can take up to 6 days to post to your CouponCabin account once the store notifies us of your order. Once they do, we'll send you an email confirming your earnings. Please note that not all stores award cashback. Stores that do offer cash back area clearly marked on the store's CouponCabin page. You can find a list of all stores that reward cash back here: https://www.couponcabin.com/cash-back/

By Sam J., CouponCabin Representative
Questions? Get answers from the CouponCabin staff and other customers.

CouponCabin?