Review of Overstock.com

customercare@overstock.com
2018 Customer choice award

jayneh20
1/22/19

Had to try buying from Overstock once, but won't do it again.
First of all - my order wasn't even shipped until a few business days after our order was placed.
Spent over $200 for one King set of sheets and one Queen set of sheets.
Received 2 King Sets. Not going to argue with them about it - we'll use both sets on our King bed even though one isn't the right color for the room.
All I really wanted was for them to send what I ordered.

dinas43
1/19/19

DO NOT buy anything from Overstock. They try to nickel and dime you, horrible customer service, and their products are junk.

First of all, their prices are jacked up. I found the same coffee table I purchased on their site for about $50 cheaper and they don't price match.

They also sell damaged subpar good. I purchased a coffee table and the legs didn't screw in. When Hayneedle sent me crappy merchandise, they offered me a discount or to allow me to return it. Overstock reached out to the company who sold the item to get me some new parts then suggested I reach out to them myself. They told me that if I wanted to return it, I also had to contact the company that sold it. Overstock sold it to me so why I have to deal with a second company. Still haven't gotten an answer from the company over a week later.

I also purchased pillows which were a different color and completely different texture than shown in the phone on the website. After asking to speak to a manager, the manager agreed that the color was different and the texture was different. He then refused to give me a free return shipping label sighting that it was still the same item I purchased even though he agreed it was a different color and texture. He said, "It's still in the white family." Anyone who knows home decor knows that Ivory and white are two different colors. These people sent me an item wasn't what the picture looked like and proceeded to try and nickel and dime me for shipping costs.

UNREAL! Buy Amazon and save yourself the hassle. Their staff is rude and incompetent and does nothing to rectify the inconvenience and time they cost you.

tristanf14
1/18/19

This company will not last long. Their customer service is lost and inadequate. My order was blocked at first because they couldn't be bothered to call me to verify their own security checks. Then it took 6 weeks to ship. 4 fake shipment notifications. They had no idea where or when my order was going to ship. Very poor experience.

stacyh111
1/11/19

I ordered and received my 4 place setting dinnerware sets. When I opened the box one of the bowls was broken. Contacted customer service and sent picture of damaged goods. Overstock would not replace the bowl, leaving me with only 3 place settings. Overstock offered $10 as compensation. I told them to keep their $10. Bunch of clowns.
This was my first and LAST purchase from OVERSTOCK.
Highly recommend spending your money with another on line retailer.
BUYER BEWARE

Update: 1/30/19. Steve from Overstock contacted me and sent a replacement bowl. I am pleased with the company's response. I believe Overstock personnel saw this review I posted on Sitejabber and were persuaded to do the right thing. Big Thanks to both of these companies!!

kennethj19
1/9/19

UPDATE: 1/30/19
Overstock finally agreed to refund the original purchase price. I'm still waiting for it to clear with the credit card company, but at least they did the right thing.

ORIGINAL:
We purchased some Queen sheets on 12/17/2018 with a promised delivery of 12/20. The package was lost in shipment (somewhere between FedEx and USPS). Now 3 weeks later, we've repeatedly asked Overstock to cancel the order because the shipment is clearly lost. Overstock refuses and says they have to wait until its delivered before they will refund. So we're out the full cost because of their lost shipment. We have no idea when (or if) the package will be delivered. Avoid this company unless you enjoy frustration and pain.

keno55
12/30/18
• Updated review

I still haven't received my order from December12; and now they are asking me to return it to receive credit. You can't make this up!

“Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away!”
12/24/18
• Previous review

I ordered an item on Dec 12 in plenty of time (I thought) for Christmas. I think free delivery means no delivery. It is obvious that Overstock uses a third party shipper who bundles everything to save money and then sends it on to USPS. It is now 12/24 and USPS is still waiting. Had I read the reviews ahead of time, which I usually do, I would have known. Stupid me!

carlal58
12/30/18

I was looking for curtains for my living room and seen the ATI Catarina Layered Curtains on pintrest advertise by Overstock. I fell in love with the design and decided to place the order although the length I original wanted was unavailable I order the next size up. Within minutes after I place my order I received a text from Overstock thanking me for my order with a update of schedule delivery. I responded to the text asking if I could receive the curtain before 25th they assured me the curtains would arrive by 24th. Well, as promise I received my curtains and they are as beautiful as on the website! I am very pleased with the customer service and the product. I am very big on customer service and the quality of product all which Overstock has surpass my expectations. Overstock has gain a faithful customer. Thank you Overstock!!!!!

lavetted
12/29/18

Beware of Overstock. I will never make another purchase from them and I'm closing my account. I bought a Gucci wallet and watch from them and returned items immediately but Overstock sent a bill before they received the items which I didn't pay because items were no longer in my possession. They assessed a late fee. Say what??? When I called to complain they claimed it was reversed but there was still a balance of $37. After speaking with three customer agents nobody knew what the the $37 was for which I still refused to pay. So I received a call from a collection agency I presume, requesting payment and I declined to pay because no one could tell me what the $37 was for. Well come to find out it's a restocking fee for the wallet. I've never seen that small detail on their website. How much does it take to put a wallet back? So because I didn't pay $37 they've added another late fee. You would think such a large company would just waive the restocking fee but they would rather continue to harass and ruin my credit. I'm still disputing at this point.

jacquiv3
12/21/18

ORDERED ON 11/26 FOR A 12/6 DELIVERY. NEVER CAME, AND I AM STILL FIGHTING FOR A REFUND. UNCARING STAFF, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

SAVE YOURSELF! DO NOT SHOP HERE.

shays35
12/15/18

I specifically chose this set because it included white glove delivery. When I had not received a call to schedule the delivery (after two weeks), I checked the tracking information on Friday, 12/14/18. The tracking data stated that the delivery was scheduled on 12/10/18 (not true). I was contacted. I have been out of town for several weeks. I returned on Saturday,12/15/18 to find that the new set had been delivered on 12/10. It was delivered without the delivery company obtaining my agreement with the delivery date. The dining set is packaged in large boxes that take up more than one-third of my living space. I called Overstock.com for a solution. I was told that my inquiry would be sent to their freight/overweight delivery dept. and that I should hear from someone (no name provided) by the end of the day of Monday. The rep told me that there was nothing else that she could do. I have ordered several items of large furniture from Overstock.Com and have never had this kind of experience without receiving immediate relief - providing the service expected or compensation for the trouble caused by being mishandled. I am so disappointed that customer service did not work harder to remedy the situation. I don't what's going to happen but I know I will be hesitant to order furniture from Overstock.com, again. I have attached photos to show how this delivery is adversely impacting me. I am not able to use my living area. The leather sofa and chairs pictured were also purchased at Overstock.Com; and the pictures on the wall. I'm a very loyal and long-time customer. I intend to donate my current dining set to Habitat for Humanity and was waiting to schedule the delivery date for my new dining set before scheduling a pick up of my donation. Now, I have two dining sets; one in boxes and one that is boxed-in. I expected better. Based on this experience I would give Overstock less than a star but because of past satisfactory purchases and customer service, I give them 2 stars pending outcome of this issue. I will update.

karaw33
12/11/18

I purchased a mattress through Overstock.com I was delivered the wrong mattress on December 8th 2018. I have been jostled around by everyone about my purchase. This company is a scam! The mattress I received was not only the wrong item, but was also not even manufactured by Serta. The mattress was poorly made and flimsy. Overstock customer service tells me they only directly deal with Serta and not a third party company, yet this is not true. I was told it would take a few days to get the process going to pick up the wrong mattress they sent, yet when contacting Overstock again, they say to me they have no item such as a "Serta Gabbert" and asked for me to send pictures via email to "verify the mattress came from them" after sending the email and not hearing back, I called once again to verify they received my email of the pictures. Shawna told me she didn't receive anything and had me send the pictures through text. I received a text back saying I will now have to wait another 1-2 business days before I hear back from them. I will not be getting my money back until the mattress is picked up. I am disgusted in the way this is being handled! This is the worst company I have ever purchased from. I will still have to go and buy a mattress for my daughter from a reputable company before Christmas, as this was one of her presents. Upon trying to speak with a supervisor, I am told they are busy and will call me back. With the way things have been handled this far, I doubt I will get that call. Do NOT purchase from Overstock!

susanb734
12/8/18

Overstock lied to the customer. Here are the problems:
1. Placed order on Nov 26
2. Got shipping confirmation on Nov 28.
3. UPS tracking number is continue shown waiting for package but overstock shown that my order will arrive on Dec 3.
4. Called customer service on Dec 4 but nothing happen (they said they will investigate).
5. Called customer service on Dec 6 but nothing happen (they said they will ship the replacement in couple days).
6. Called customer service on Dec 8. They said my replacement will ship on Dec 20.

Wow! Unbelievable! After I talked with the supervisor, I figured out that the manufacture does not have item in stock. This is not a make by order product. I canceled my order and will not shop at overstock again. I expect a full refund from overstock.

maryc805
Mary C.
12/3/18

My first order with Overstock.com and the LAST one ever. I ordered the 'Zone Tech Grey Sheepskin Shoulder Strap Seat Belt Covers (Set of 2)'. This does say SHEEPSKIN right? It is not sheepskin or leather, just a poor imitation fur and priced at twice what it should be. Really unhappy. I did not know they could and would, out and out, lie about their products.

susana334
12/3/18

I ordered a Moroccan style rug which was pictured with nice soft colors. What came was a poorly made carpet in gaudy colors. The rug cost $50 but it cost $26 to return it! Even though the quality was unacceptable, Overstock wouldn't accommodate a return with a more reasonable price. I've ordered from them before and received barely acceptable quality of merchandise so I'm done with overstock.com.

loiso7
11/19/18

I ordered Safavieh courture side tables and got Lauren rugs. Four times, I returned the rugs and hoped they would send the tables.
Though I sent the unordered rugs back and never received the tables, Overstock is charging for the rugs. They are guilty of false advertising and charging for items not ordered.
I am a long-time customer and this was my first bad encounter. I could never recommend Overstock to anyone now because of this horrible experience. Not only are they attempting to extort me, the time involved in trying to remedy this has been horrendous. The picture below shows the tables advertised@$48.99. They sent me Dafne Lauren white rugs instead.

oliviaw64
11/17/18

This site provides nice items for loyal prices.
Recently I bought the doll house for my god daughter.
She just loved that one. And I was pleased with a good service, I got my order on time.

jamies266
11/13/18

I ordered some patio chairs and then changed my mind. I cancelled the order while the status still said "processing". Overstock's return policy states that a full refund will be issued if the order has not been processed. They are now trying to charge a restocking fee of $111.00 because they say I refused delivery of the item. They were never delivered to me. This is completely untrue! I disputed the charge with my credit card and they are saying that overstock provided a tracking number showing that they were delivered and I refused the delivery. They had to have manufactured this because it is completely untrue. I will never order anything from Overstock again.

davidr1059
10/24/18

Ordered ink cartridges for Cannon printer and a drum for my Brother printer.EVERYTHING was defective. Won't do anything for the cartridges "company policy", will replace drum after I send the one I'm using back and wait for the replacement to arrive. It'll probably be bad as well so why bother?? Very lame. I might as well have thrown my money into the trash which is what I'll have to do with their products. Won't happen again.

mustardp
10/16/18

Ordered a ring and they deliberately sent me the wrong item and are now refusing to acknowledge the fact I sent it straight back. Huge scam website, don't shop here.

jeffreyn20
10/10/18

I bought a computer from a seller(Advanced Skyline Technology) on Overstock.com. The pc arrived on Saturday but when I turned it on the power button flashed red 4 times and the pc beeped 4 times. Nothing on the screen just the 4 flash/Beep pattern. I emailed the Seller on the same Saturday, no response 2 days later. So I emailed Overstock Customer Service and I get a reply how they take this seriously and they will get the Seller to contact me. 3 days after that and still no response from the Seller or Overstock's Customer Service. I put in for a return and was told I would have to wait for approval. Seriously? You send a pc that does not work and my return has to be approved. I would avoid Overstock and Advanced Skyline Technology at all cost. Clearly Overstock is not about the Customer Experience. Try Amazon, Best Buy, Target anything but Overstock.

carolined62
10/8/18

Overstock.com. DON'T SHOP AT OVERSTOCK DOT COM!!! They scammed me!
I ordered a queen bed and within less than an hour, I requested an online cancellation ( which was available at the time). One second after I click cancel order, they changed the status of the order to Processing. I contacted customer service support and explained the issue, they said that they couldn't cancelled it because the order was already on the processing status (warehouse).
It didn't make sense that you can not cancel an order within less than an hour for an overstock website error. The reason for cancellation was that the photo of the item didn't represent it correctly and Items were not correctly described online. I noticed this, after I read the reviews from the customers that bought previously the item.

I keep contacting them for cancellation, they really have very poor customer service support. After more than 15 calls, one of the representatives at overstock told me that even that the Items weren't shipped and won't be shipped until later time the reason they couldn't cancel is that the seller partner do not accept cancellations at anytime. Even when the cancellation of the item is a result of an Overstock.com error in the item description.
This is clear that they are trying to defraud people.
I ordered the cancellation within a reasonable timeframe (less than an hour after the order was put in place), in order to prevent shipment. They told me that I need to receive the item and later try to return it, which will result in excessive shipping charges into my credit card.
Bottom line, overstock.com are scammers! Trying to defraud clients with tricks. Go away from their website. I love to buy online, but never never will buy from overstock.com.

shelleyb77
9/20/18

BEWARE if you return an item from Canada you will need to get back the duty from the government which is near impossible. If you return an item because of buyers remorse you pay the shipping and insurance. The entire ordeal cost be $100.00 in my losses. Overstock.ca switched me to Overstock.com and I was unaware I was on a U.S. website. The merchandise was of good quality and it arrived quickly but very frustrating. I'm waiting to see if they credit my account for the cost of the curtains and tax.

ruthc128
9/18/18

Overstock advertises the Kazak Rugs as original, handmade, wool. They are machined made! Beware!! It is a scam.

vaguef
9/10/18

Overstock will ream you on their card. I was hit unexpectedly with an 'expired promotion discount' today for over $500 on only a $2000 balance. Do NOT use their card as it's cleverly disguised robbery!

andream298
9/8/18

Be very careful. I've been following a carpet. The prices have ranged from 105 to 175. And customer service says, "Sorry marketing sets the prices so I can't help you." I requested a call from someone in marketing or higher, nothing.

These were not on sale prices. These were the regular prices. So if you shop with them, be careful.

437 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

I bought a rug that looked nothing like the picture. The colors were gaudy instead of the nice muted pallet shown in the picture. Overstock charged me half again as much to return it. I'll never buy from them again.

By susan A.

It varies. It usually is indicated at the order page

By Shay S.

They send it back to Overstock, call or Email them for a refund

By SHERRY B.

No. The "diamonds" fall out after a few times of wearing them.

By Adam L.

Because the website is a scam. They take your order and then do not deliver it.

By Matt B.

I've never had this problem. Their customer service is better than Amazon but i haven't interracted with them super recently so maybe theyve scaled back on the gravvy.

By Jonathan C.

In condition stated, i.e., new, reconditioned. I haven't made any returns but it doesn't seem to be hassle-free.

By Shay S.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.
Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

Overstock.com?