Review of ReptileCity

Honey Grove, TX 75446
Tel: 888-220-3536

rr102
8/14/17

Not quite sure how anyone could have a negative experience with reptilecity to be honest. I have placed 4 orders from them and received everything within 3-5 days and was sent a tracking number as soon as the order so I made sure to be home. every reptile was well fed upon arrival and I have not had one die on me. If one of your reptiles does die you should look your own habitat and the care you give and not blame what I think is a great place to buy online.

aprila27
6/25/17

hello, I was so surprised to get them yesterday.... because they weren't due for another 28 days... SO HAPPY with the quality!! both frogs and both turtles happy and well :) the turtles must have just hatched... they each still have their egg tooth!

GREAT thanks felton!!

stevens212
6/22/17

Really crazy to see any negative reviews. Ive ordered 4 times from this place. And every time has been a good outcome. Ive gotten savannah monitor, water monitor, nile monitor, iguana, pacman frog, and few ball python. And everyone that i have got for my customers have been very happy with them. If you have any needs or questiond then felton will answer everytime and be happy to help. And hes even been nice enough to help make shipping better just today even hes gave me better shipping then what i asked for.. i appriciate that forsure. But yes this place is awesome. They got great animals and help alot. Even if youve had lil bad luck once ide try again and try getting a little better shipping because im sure it was the package carriers doing because this place is 5 star.

patrickh105
6/13/17

Ok I ordered two ball pythons with 1-4 day shipping I called the 4th day to at least get a tracking number to check on the progress..They was very rude didn't seem like they wanted to talk.And on the website it says it has to be at your doorstep the 4th day..well it's Day 4 and they haven't sent them to be shipped yet.will never do buissness with them again.from now on will be ordering from BHB reptiles!

jenniferl223
6/3/17

Ordered two reptiles and they were very healthy and friendly. I emailed them about 5 times before the purchase and they returned my email promptly. I could not have received a better specimen.
The one thing that surprised me and I didn't care for is the packaging. It didn't say live animal on the package or handle with care. They need to work on that . Plus it took two days instead of over night. My babies were upside down. I think they were treated as any other package and tossed around a bit on the trip. But besides all of that, it didn't break their little spirits. Thank you reptile city

Tip for consumers: Be cautious of the packaging. Maybe talk to them about it. If you have questions. Ask.

carolp111
5/26/17

My baby Reeves turtles arrived in perfect condition, and started noshing right away. They're so cute and their funny antics are a joy to watch... they never fail to make me smile! They were delivered to my doorstep within days of placing the order. I will say that Spring temp's in 60's-70's are way less risky than summer or winter purchases for herps, and BOGO is the way to go. Am happy with Reptile City's service and would surely order from them again!

robinw68
5/26/17

I bought 2 calotes. They came shipped usps in tiny containers separately. Within a week my female dies. He offers to ship me a replacement and sends me 2 females. Ok fine he's trying to make up for it. But he ships them in a mesh bag together and one is half dead when I receive it and they both shock out and die that night at 630pm. Never again. The first female died the same way. You need to quarantine them before sending them out buddy.and put the animals first. Not your pocketbook.

larryg86
5/21/17

I emailed several websites about their Savannah monitors and it took them almost a week to get back to me, I sent a email to reptile city inquiring about the savannah monitor babies and the owner responded within minutes and he walked me through everything and I was very happy, I paid for the four-day processing and he shipped it within 2. They are very happy and healthy very active and doing well I would recommend this site to anyone. Thanks Felton.

brandonm89
5/19/17

Hi so i made my order online it was my first time ordering from this site or online for a live animal to be exact so i made my order an i nervously constantly emailed Mr. Felton he was understanding an talked me threw his entire order an shipping process the oder arrived at the date he said it would my only hang was i asked for an adult female cane toad an received a juvenille male i immediately contacted Felton an he got with me an we spoke on the issue he told keep what you have and ill send you the adult female completely free not even a shipping charge he was very responsive an polite over email an phone. I have read some terrible reviews about him an his buisness but i experienced nothing but excellent service, People need to understand that mistakes can happen in shipping animals so if one does take patience an speak with felton politely an he'll resolve your issue if any very quickly.. I AM a very happy owner an will be back for more. Micheal Houston ,Tx

frankt70
5/2/17

I order one snapping turtle April 27,2017.I received a tracking number i check the number it said that it had already been shipped.May 1,2017 I was at home the whole day I did not recieve it I call them they are pretty rude I going to write that 59 dollar off lesson learn never again.I know my mailman is pretty lazy but at least he would leave something for me with the tracking number on it to pick up at the post office.

annam213
4/19/17

I just ordered a club tail iguana from them and it arrived in terrible condition. It had fungus all over and a wonded are that is twice the size of the other. There is a gigantic scab in a cut and it's bleeding. I'm doing my best to nurse him back to health. Poor guy, I feel so bad for all the other animals that live there. My point is never buy from them and I feel someone should sew rhem.

laurieb53
4/7/17

Bought baby turtle had it 4 wks it died. He sent me new one it was sick bad shell. Called him sent pictures, He" the owner did nothing. My new turtle will probably die too. So sad, Terrible customer service. Will never buy from them again.Will tell everyone . Very unhappy customer.

logans38
3/29/17

The reptile came in healthy and attentive which is more than most reptile companies can say , but he wasn't listed as a live animal on the package and had no heat pack. The shipping was 35$ while they only had to pay 7.50$ , it wasn't overnight shipping it wasn't listed as perishable and it didn't have a heat pad. When I called them and confronted them they dodged my questions and told me "we've always done things this way". I was disappointed in their lack of care for the animal during shipping
I wouldn't not recommend reptile city but they need to improve on their shipping and customer service

arthurk33
2/14/17

Ordered a male and female Jackson chameleon. The mail came and Alive the female was dead when I got here had the FedEx man as a witness. Took him eight days to replace the female and she sick as hell. He shipped it second day with no markings that's live reptile. When we open up the box she was upside down. I have text them and I have called them no response.

tonyg74
2/4/17

I ordered 2 common snapping turtles from Felton at Reptile city, had them overnighted by UPS and recieved them on time,healthy and in great packaging with heat packs. I've read several bad reviews but on 2 separate orders ive had nothing but good experiences and will use and suggest using Reptile City again. I've even spoke to Felton on the phone and he seems like a cool guy. Thanks Reptile City!

catg5
1/22/17

I got 4 cane toads from them for an educational "invasive species" series. Theyou arrived no problem, only 1 looked even remotely healthy. 3 are underweight, and 1 died within hrs of recieving them. It costs more to try and replace the dead/ill animals in spite of it being their mistake, so I am going to work with what I have, do the best to bring the other2 back and hope the healthy 1 can handle everything.

corinney2
12/10/16

I would think any business owner would know it is wrong to post peoples personal info without permission.....In your ridiculous reply trying to defend yourself when from what Ive read there are quite a large number of people who feel about you as I do...You are so worthless I cant even waste anymore time on you except seeing you took it upon yourself to release info that you absolutely crossed so many boundaries that now I cannot let this go....We will be dealing with this situation and you really went to far!!..You need your business license revoked...You do know that you cant release customers info to the world...Do you know anything about the law???...We will be discussing this very soon!!!..This time I will definitely be calling you!!!....

mikeandamberq
12/9/16

My "overnight" shipment took 3 days. My poor snakes that I ordered for my 8 year old son had no air holes in the package shipped USPS! And when I got them finally one wasn't what I ordered. I called and the idiot, Felton said he "upgraded" my son's okeetee corn snake to an albino because it looks so close to a normal corn snake. I purposely ordered a normal corn snake and an okeetee corn snake because of that reason!! Now he wants me to pay the shipping to send back a snake "he decided" to send me and a 20% restocking fee because the idiot didn't think we knew what we wanted!?!? We're lucky they even arrived alive after 3 days in a tupperware container, wrapped in newspaper, in a box, in another sealed box with NO air holes!!! What an ass!!! I will NEVER do business with these idiots again and I hope they loose their license and business.

shepherdzg
11/30/16

Worst place on earth after kindly talking to Felton Willis about not receiving a order that was payed for I was cursed out and disrespected for no reason
I received two sick skinny animals barley hanging on to life and one dead animal skinny and the ones that weren't even packaged his response was I got free shipping what do I expect from him , the all the turtles were stacked and crammed in a small deli container and he was totally rude and unacceptable , I would not reccomend buying any pets here ,this was the worst experience I've had ordering reptiles online
He was mad at the fact I asked if I can be helped with my experience and that's when he got loud and hung up in my face , he sounded drunk or high on some drug ,he really needs to be stopped I have contacted everyone needed to after further research and now after seeing him post my personal info and lying about my experience with him I'm looking forward in seeking legal action so these pets are helped and no other pets are harmed by this pathetic person scamming people and killing pets
I was out more than 15.98 I was out dead turtles plus turtles that weren't even included I payed for I was out 40$ plus 15.98 so around 60$ any real business person would know that

philliph37
11/25/16

First off the guy is just plane rude... I'm a disabled veteran I ordered a nile monitor from there over a month ago. It was supposed to arrive on a tuesday, it didn't. So Wed I called and he gave me the excuse that the hatch he Had was bad that he was getting some in Thursday and I would receive mine the following Thursday. Did not receive it. Called Mr. Felton and he gave me the same story. He said he would refund my money. Over a week goes by and I called to ask about my refund. He said it was sitting on his desk and he Had been out of town the whole week and I would receive it in two days. Highly dought that coming from a dishonest corrupt so called american. So my next step is to fight Mr. Felton and reptile city to get it closed down just like I fought for my country. I didn't serve my country putting my body and life on the line so that low life like these people can take advantage of Americans. I will turn him in to the better business burea. I will turn him in to the general inspectors office for fraud. Then sue him for fraud and the extra stress that he has caused me and probably many more. Do not buy anything from these low life unamericans out there ripping off the innocent Americans. Its time that we as veterans and Americans stand up for our selves against Curupt people like this. Retile city has made a new enemy and I come in the from as a former United state's Marine ready to fight until they won't even be allowed to sale lemonade on the corner....

justinn15
10/12/16

I ordered a tortoise from reptilecity.com a while back. It arrived in 2 days instead of 1, in a flat USPS box with no airholes. It was completely sealed. The tortoise came underweight and he had pneumonia and a vitamin A deficiency. After spending $100+ on medication and vet bills, the tortoise unfortunately passed. I emailed to complain, and ended up being ignored. I decided to buy a tortoise from a new place to replace my deceased tortoise. After 4+ months, I randomly recieved a replacement tortoise in the mail, in the same horrible packaging. I didn't have room for a second tortoise, so I had to give it away. Moral of the story, do not purchase from reptile city unless you like supporting a company who abuses both it's animals and its customers.

veronicad17
8/31/16

After reading all the nasty reviews, I cannot believe we are even talking about the same store. I think they have actually changed ownership by the way. My son has purchased MULTIPLE different types of reptiles from Blake and Tamika, and they have all been brimming with good health. Not only that, but I have a beautiful blue tongue that was not purchased from them, and whenever I need advice or health checks, they are always amazing. I have never had a faulty product and in fact their knowledge of all the reptiles they keep is amazing. I'd advise people to try them out themselves, rather than be misguided by a few vitriolic posts that may well be about the previous owner.

melissac108
7/27/16

Knowledgable, friendly, and wonderful customer service along with high quality Reptiles are some of the many reasons you should consider ordering from Reptile City. I purchased 2 musk turtles from Reptile City, and could not be happier with the amazing customer service I received as well as the exceptional quality of my turtles. I reached out to Felton with a few questions prior to my purchase, and he went above and beyond my expectations to provide a positive experience. He responded to my phone calls and emails promptly and professionally. I was very impressed with how quickly I received my turtles as well. They are a great addition to my fish aquarium. I highly recommend Reptile City for anybody looking for outstanding reptiles! I look forward to purchasing more turtles in the very near future from Reptile City. Do not let all of the negative posts sway you from giving Reptile City a chance. Call Felton, and he will put your mind at ease and give you the best experience ever. I am so happy I reached out and did! If Reptile City was as bad as some of these people claim it is, then it would have been out of business years ago. Read the reviews from all of their customers on their website, and you will see why there are many happy customers including myself :)

jimh144
6/30/16

I ordered some turtles tuesday morning, this pkace has the BEST PRICES AND SHIPPING so I figure wure give it a shot. I emailed him wednesday night just to make sure they would be here by the holiday weekend (3 day weekend ) & I told him I read a bunch of bad reviews and I hope the transaction goes smooth because I will be a returning customer. He gets pissed off and says "dont believe the reviews , your order Is shilping tomorrow, actually, no im voiding your order"

long story short. He probably voided my order because he could not make the shipment by the weekend. Funny how you pay for overnight shipping at UNDERGROUND REPTILES and they are at your house next morning with multiple text and email alerts. Nothing from this guy just pay and wait. Now lets see if I actually get my refund....

laurak79
6/24/16

I was disgusted with how my turtles were packaged!!!! First of all it was in a priority box with no markings that there was a live animal inside so I can imagine how much they were thrown around. Yes there was dents in the box. Opened the box with a bunch of paper and turtles were inside a container with a piece of toilet paper on top. I will never give them my money again even if it means paying $20 more.im shocked they made it here alive, they are alot more active now that I've had them in the tank the last couple hours. Not to mention the manager is just rude as can be, gosh forbid I call and ask about my order.

Helpful answer

The other side of the story is - you are in Canada which we do not ship too

By Felton W. [ReptileCity Rep] on 8/9/15
Helpful answer

You should have gotten an email with the tracking number. I hope you got it on time.

By Larry g. on 8/10/16
Helpful answer

Contact the Better Business Bureau, PETA , Animal rights organizations, and if the python was expensive contact a lawyer

By Malcolm J. on 8/5/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the ReptileCity staff and other customers.

3 Photos for ReptileCity