ReptileCity

ReptileCity has a consumer rating of 2.72 stars from 278 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. ReptileCity also ranks 66th among Pets sites. The most common issues with ReptileCity are around shipping times, which tend to take longer than expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 17.9%

• We received our 2 turtles they were in excellent condition.

• The package never even arrived and the customer service was not just terrible, it was nonexistent.
  • I would never order from this company if I were you.
How would you rate ReptileCity?

“THESE PEOPLE ARE LEGIT!”

Terrell L.
4/14/20

I will most definitely be ordering another house Gecko from Reptile City! Felton was awesome & the communication was on point! Any questions I had pertaining to my order he answered in the most RESPECTFUL MANNER. I don't see how some people are leaving negative & disrespectful reviews. He is very nice & he knows what he is doing! Thank you Felton! A1 customer satisfaction

“Avoid completely!”

Patricia V.
1/24/20

This place is the biggest scam ever! They will take your money, then tell you they don't have that reptile available but will send it whenever they get them in stock (even though the website will say it's in stock). You will probably never see your reptile... if you do it will be in terrible condition. They will tell you they will refund your money, but you will never get that either. AVOID REPTILE CITY COMPLETELY!

customer service (36) order (184) 2 days (14) felton willis (13) 30 days (9) 3 days (11) box (44) post office (8) 10 days (6) turtles (31) heat pack (11) animals (68)
patriciav193
January 24th, 2020
markk775
January 1st, 2020
0 rating. This company is exactly what all of the reviews say it is. 100% absolutely terrible. I purchased a reptile for $299, it was never shipped on time per the company shipping policy. I requested a refund and never received it. Upon reviewing my card statement this terrible company billed me $200 for no reason. Please if you wont a honest company, that respects people and animals please go else where.
michellap
July 19th, 2020
This is one big scam. I ordered a Fat tailed gecko and it never arrived! I contacted customer service multiple times each with no response at all. Terrible site would not recommend
shaneb173
July 15th, 2020
I placed an order online, and paid for it, including 5-7 day shipping. Weeks went by, and nothing but excuses for not ship[ping my order. After I became insistent that my order be filled, they told me the order was cancelled because it would cost too much to ship to Alaska. For Hell sakes, they got my mailing address before calculating the shipping cost. Nothing but lies from these dishonest jerks, then they have the audacity to get snotty with me. Also, I have not seen a refund to my credit card yet. I had to file a dispute.
hollyc241
January 10th, 2020
Although the yellow belly sliders arrived safe (and SUPER CUTE), I'm not impressed with the way they were packaged. They were SOOO excited to hop in the warm aquarium and take a swim. They were dry when they arrived, one was upside down and unable to move and the heating element in the box was cold.
zoed45
September 16th, 2020
I ordered 2 eccies with EC shipping not knowing there were so many negative reviews for reptile city. There was some trouble with getting my card to charge but I called the given number and it was answered promptly by a genuinely sweet woman (who was patient enough to take my number down a second time later). The card's been charged and I saw where 2 eccies have been decremented from stock on the website (a good sign for me). I'm just waiting on delivery. I'm really wanting to like this company, I guess we'll see when/if the eccies get here. Will update my review accordingly, using 3 stars as a placeholder. I'm not making any judgements until after day 30. (Hoping they come thru and prove the bad reviews wrong).
nicu1
September 20th, 2020
All the reviews are true, other then the positive ones that they clearly write themselves with fake accounts.
I paid for a turantula 3-4 day shipping never arrived was never even shipped but they took my money!
They've ignored all my emails, they ignore my calls, and when they did answer they acted like it was a hassle to do their job. If you want your money stolen go here!
terrelll16
April 14th, 2020
connorf26
June 8th, 2020
So. I ordered a pacman frog from them. I get the notification it has shipped. And then I see in the same email when I click on the tracking that it has got here. They didn't tell me that it was actually shipped 3 days before it got here (which they're always supposed to do over night shipping for animals). And it says in the fine print that they cover amphibians in their warranty for three days... then go on to say that they don't cover frogs alrighty then. And then the worst part! There are NO live stickers or anything like that on there. No fragile. No live. No nothing. I get the box and the frog is in a small plastic container with a little sphagnum moss that is wet but the small container is packed in shredded paper which is in a box. I talked to the mail man and he didn't even know there was something alive in there.

I'm sorry reptilecity, but not impressed. Will not be purchasing from you again.
ellisj25
August 11th, 2020
I decided to do business with ReptileCity because they had some of the best prices and their reviews listed on their website were good. I purchased 4 scorpions from them. They took my money before shipping the animals, which was a little suspicious and concerning. It took over 6 months for me to receive the animals. I contacted them on a weekly bases for months before they finally shiped the animals. Their responses to my emails (if they decided to respond) would always be the same "we'll be checking on your order". After the scorpions finally came, not only were they in poor condition, but some of them were not even the species of scorpions I ordered. A few days after their arrival one died. After reading other reviews, I now regret doing business with ReptileCity. I have suspicions that the scorpions they sent me were wild caught.
kyrap14
August 22nd, 2020
I ordered from reptile city without first reading the reviews, and it freaked me out. I was so sure I was gonna get a dead Chameleon. I now have the chameleon, and he's pretty healthy and a little chubby. The issues I have with this place is the deceit. According to the website, the animal will not be left on your doorstep, and you must sign to receive the animal. The animal will also be shipped with a cooling pack overnight. None of this is true. I got a notification the he was being shipped at around 10 in the morning, and the company claimed to be from Honey Grove Texas. The package was shipped in the middle of the day from Florida, and I live in Austin. The package was not labeled FRAGILE, CONTAINS LIVE ANIMAL, or anything of the sorts. It was just a cube. Due to this, the doorbell wasn't rung when he got here, leaving him to sit on my porch for 3 HOURS. When I was getting worried, I checked the porch and there he was. He was in a l plastic container, surrounded by newspaper. He was obviously eager to get out, and when he did, he started running. Faster than a chameleon should. Poor guy, but he was beautiful. Brightly colored, indicating that he was in a good mood. He was pretty dry, and they're naturally humid creatures, and he's adjusting nicely to his new home, but I will not be ordering from these people again. I got my chameleon, but that was all they followed through with. They were also incredibly hard to get ahold of. Don't order from them unless you are looking to save money because they have a free shipping option "within 30 business days." My little dude took 16 b days to get here, but it was worth it. He's happily hunting crickets in his new home, but I'm glad he was shipped to someone who knew what she was doing.

Tip for consumers: Be patient but check your porch often after day 10 if you get the free shipping

jimh794
September 22nd, 2020
Very upset with their business practice... received an email stating my lizards would be delivered on a specific date took day off of work and bo arrival... i call them and they tell me its going out on that mon so i take tues off work and still no show... i call and they offer no compensation ans say that its going out today... i demanded a refund and hope they refund my $

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE UNPROFESSIONAL PEOPLE!
jeremiaho11
September 24th, 2020
These people are thieves they will steal your money not your animal they send that but they steal the extra you pay for the time it will take to get to you I would see if I could and if you ask for a refund you will never see your money so if you'd be able to wait at least 2 months I even if you payed extra they will always be crooks
anthonyk317
June 25th, 2020
This company and its employees should be criminally charged for what they are doing. If it is not animal cruelty, it is fraud. They sent me an ill iguana in a net with newspaper. I paid for next day air and it arrived a week later after three emails and five calls.

When I email them about the condition in which the iguana arrived. It was ignored. When I call them to tell them... "what's wrong with the iguana you sent me?" Felton tells me the invoice has a three day return policy.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE.

They might even own multiple websites and doing the same sham.
miless38
April 20th, 2019
Haven't received my package because I chose 30 economy express, and it has only been 10 days. I know how to read unlike half the people freaking out. Ordered a $30 snapping turtle on the 10th. Order status is pending, card was charged. No issues yet. Honestly if the turtle arrives dead I probably wouldn't be too butthurt anyway. It's just 30 bucks. I'll just buy one somewhere else. Boohoo. If you want something expensive buy it in person. You wouldn't order an automobile online would you? I will edit this review accordingly once I receive my product.
michaelj1144
June 30th, 2020
Super Rude and Super unprofessional. I called them numerous times inquiring about my order that was not delivered. I was promise that owner Felton would call me back. Felton never called back. When I called back days a latter a guy names Marcus hung up on me. I finally got my money back after numerous calls and emails. The owner Felton was rude and acted like he was so busy that my order was an inconvenience. Kept telling me how many 100's of orders they have and that they have. When I finally cancelled Felton email " Gladly! " Super Rude people.
vm99
May 7th, 2020
I chose the 30 day free shipping offer. No problem. I waited. I emailed them after 30 business days to ask if it was going to ship. I was told something along the lines of, "we are a few days behind due to Covid-19 but your order is with the shipping department, so it should be soon." No problem. I then waited another week. No updates. No emails. I emailed them. No response. Waited til the next day. No response still. Send several more. No response. I get that some people expect to be treated like royalty by everyone providing them a service, but I just wanted a snake and reasonable updates. Can't believe they couldn't do that. Guess I'll have to get the bank involved...
mixtic
August 8th, 2020
I ordered a BOGO gecko set and was accidentally shipped the same order twice. They agreed to a refund and Felton was polite and professional, as I was to him. I had to write a pleasant email reminding them about my promised refund but then received it promptly. The lizards were wild caught and a little thin but very active upon arrival. They all shed their skins within 36 hours of arrival and have been doing quite well. Also, they were shipped much more quickly than I expected. Marcus was wonderful during several conversations and I was quite pleased. I am about to order something else from them, so we'll see how that goes, but meanwhile I have no complaints.
angelap395
May 18th, 2020
DO NOT TRUST THESE PPL! THEY ARE SCAMMERS! THEY CHARGED AN EXTRA 65.00 ON MY CARD! THEY DONT ACCEPT PAYPAL. THEY LIED TO ME OVER ANE OVER. I ENDED UP WITH FEES TO MY BANK JUST TO STOP THE TRANSACTION. IM NOT THE FIRST PERSON THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED TO. BEWARE! NEVER AGAIN!
richardt360
March 25th, 2019
I have been provided one of the best animals I've ever owned. I got a bark Scorpion, who's an absolute doll. I couldn't get a male like I wanted, so I ended up with a female. I think that's actually better considering size. After extensive handling and co-roomed with me, she's became extremely docile and loving. She likes to sleep and sit on my shoulders. Has never bitten, or in anyway purposely harmed anyone (sharp claws). So I'd like to thank you guys for providing an excellent reptile and opportunity to learn more about these little guys.
terris295
July 27th, 2020
This company does EXACTLY WHAT THE REVIEWERS ARE SAYING. I TOO was charged for a reptile that NEVER CAME and was NEVER GOVEN A REFUND! TERRELL is full of $#*! or works for reptile city because its a HUGE SCAM AND THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN.
calebp23
February 25th, 2018
We ordered two red eyed tree frogs from this service. They were supposed to be delivered within 30 days, it took them 34 days to get here. This wouldn't have been a huge issue had the seller communicated at all. We had to call multiple times before finally figuring out when our frogs would arrive, not to mention how rude the service rep was.

After the frogs finally did arrive in their poorly packaged unmarked box, we removed them and they both thankfully were in decent health. I say decent because 2 days later, one of the frogs has already died and the other appears to be in poor health.
isidros9
April 11th, 2020
I had placed an order on a red bearded dragon, it's been over a month with unanswered emails and ignoring my calls! Stay away, and go to BACKWATERREPTILES. COM
They ship in 3 days!
I HAVE ALSO REPORTED THEM TO THE BBB! BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, EVEYONE THAT HAS BAD EXPERIENCE DO THE SAME!
heatherk418
July 18th, 2020
They don't answer your messages and when call the guy doesn't even take time to talk. I order 3 tree frogs n they were not healthy at all n one was dead and both my hatchlings turtles came to me dead. NO HOLES IN BOX TO BREATHE N THEY DIDN'T SAY LIVE ANIMALS ON THE BOX N THEY CAME VERY DRY.
lucasp73
July 1st, 2020
6-10 was the time of my delivery. After 12 days I called they said that I would receive a tracking on my order. After 14 days rinse and repeat and I was given the same BULL. Soon I began to get different "associates" that gave me excuse after excuse after excuse.

My credit card RED FLAGGED this, ah hem, company, but poor trusting me told them to allow the payment. Currently I am out $110 and am sick of their run around. Excuse after excuse after excuse. My advice is prepare to get a lawyer and report to BBB because they are a RIP-OFF!

The other side of the story is - you are in Canada which we do not ship too