Review of ReptileCity

Tel: 888-220-3536
sales@reptilecity.com

roberts1669
2/8/19

Probably the worst experience I have ever had with a online purchase. 31 days after purchase I emailed to get a update. Promised it would be 2 days later. A week later another email for update. Promised shipping would be the next week. Next week another request on status- 1 week later and 2 more emails they finally respond that it would be the following week. I was over it that I asked for a refund. Another week asked again for a refund. 3 days later said it would be the next day. 2 days later finally called my credit company to get money refunded I don't know how healthy their animals are but probably the worst service I have ever experienced.

melissam594
2/4/19

The worst
I order three turtles packaging was disgusting two days after the arrival one of them died and another was wrong turtle I called them over six weeks And I didn't get nothing from them you can find so many other retail stores online trust me do not deal with retail city they don't know what they doing every week I called they act that they don't know anything about anything whenever deal with them anymore

jamir10
1/18/19

My daughter and I love breaded dragons. My daughter's lizard passed away Toothless so i order her a lizard on December 2, 2018. She never received it. He even spoke to her and said it was to arrive 2 days before Christmas. We spoke 4 other times and the lizard still hasn't been delivered and my daughter was so excited and now i just cant even understand why a company would be so cruel. I haven't received my money back or the lizard.

dh349
1/12/19

I ordered a T for Christmas for my son and was assured it would be delivered. After many phone calls, texts, and emails were ignored I finally received a text saying that IF my order was to be shipped I would get an email. Never happened. Someone finally answered on Christmas Eve and blamed Fedex for not shipping and it would be shipped after Christmas. I canceled the order via voice message, text and email and have not received a refund. Stay away from these scammers.

drakeh6
12/1/18

I want to thank everyone at reptile city for the extra care they put into the packaging when they shipped my animals. I got a stripe knee tarantula (adult female) and a whip scorpion (asked for a male but got a female lol) which only came to 59.99! And they gave free economical shipping on top of that! I was worried I wouldn't receive the same care towards my package as a more expensive order would but they blew all my expectations and took extra steps to make sure my animals were safe and survived the shipment. They called me 2 days in a row leading up to it and made sure the address was correct and they also emailed me when the order shipped out so I would know when to expect it. When I got the package there was no damage to the box and tape on all the places heat could escape. Inside the box there was another smaller box that was surrounded in news paper to ensure that it dosent slide around and a large heating pad! Which I really appreciated! I opened up the smaller box and they were in two separate containers with substrate and ventilation holes in the sides and news paper to prevent them from sliding around. I was amazed at the quality and care of shipping with not having spent too much money and i will definitely be ordering from them again. I would recommend the company to anyone looking for exotic pets and a business that appreciates there customers.

drear6
11/12/18

Felton is a very kind and caring person that I have grown to highly respect. Reptile City is the only company that doesn't try to make "extra" money from shipping cost. I purchased two Sulcatas tortoises and two Nile Monitors from the buy one get one free options.

They arrived in perfect health and were very active. My Nile Monitors started eating right away and my Sulcatas eat after they warmed up. There was a heat package in there that was still warm when I opened the box.

Felton called me later in the evening to check on the condition of my new pets/ family members. He is very direct and knows his stuff. I can't imagine how busy he is with feeding, cleaning, hatching, shipping and selling, answering emails and phone calls, and taking care of the 100's of animals that he does.

I saw and read all the negative reviews about reptile city and I can honestly say that has not been the experience with this company at all. Please understand that some people are just mean and unhappy and these "bad" reviews are false. Felton is direct and doesn't sugar coat which is a quality to be admired, not bashed on.

I will be purchasing a few more animals in the future and I will ONLY be getting them from Reptile City. Ignore the bad stuff about this company because you won't be disappointed.

If you want to see my animals from Reptile City, visit my new UTube channel Just Drea. I will be posting new videos everyday and you can see for yourself how healthy and awesome my new pets are.

melissat161
11/11/18

I ordered four fire bellied toads under the buy one get one free option and amazingly all eight arrived here to Texas very healthy and alive and ready to eat cricketers and super worms I had for them. I had recently converted a 55 gallon aquarium I had used for fish in the past into a terrarium for my other two toads I already had. Now all ten are happily sharing their new home together.

mitzim12
10/28/18

I placed three separate orders here, two for hard to get Ecuadorian hermit crabs, and one for a three-striped mud turtle. Each time, the hermit crabs ran out of their container (insulated, humid, and with damp moss) an had natural shells. The turtle was groggy, but woke up and was swimming happily within 20 minutes. Thank you! Will buy again when I have more space!

joshuak97
10/27/18

Got my order yesterday my stripe knee is beautiful got my hermit crabs and opted for 30 day free shipping got it on the fifth day. Just wanted to thank felton as well as reptile city it was the best customer service. I had answers to my questions right away and will ddefinitely be back again and again. Really thank you for everything. I would love to send pictures but I dont have good signal I assure you you get exactly what you are paying for.

villiay
10/23/18

Dear reptile city,
I just wanted to let you guys know we did receive our other Amazon tree boa yesterday. She is gorgeous! All of our animals are beautiful & healthy. Thank you guys so much!
Danielle

dougp194
10/22/18

After getting jacked around by the Underground guys . I researched numerous others before deciding on these guys . I decided late Tuesday to place an expedited Saturday delivery but needed to split it on 2 gift cards , so I emailed them and a couple hours later i got a reply saying they would contact me in the morning. I got a call from them first thing Wednesday to take my info but since I forgot that Saturday delivery was an extra $25 and I didn't have my credit card as I was at work I unfortunately had to remove 1 of my spiders from my order :( since the gentleman on the phone explained that normally they set these orders first thing in the week so there would be no time to add my CC info at home that night. Well my spider came this afternoon and she was so healthy and active she almost jumped out of the container as I was moving her to her new home and definitely larger than advertised . The only downside is the USPS tracking stinks as even though my confirmation email from Reptile City said by 3 pm Saturday the USPS website tracking number listed it as in transit with a guaranteed delivery by 3 pm Monday LOL

douglash163
10/22/18

My experience here was really good. I expected them to show disinterest in my inquiry about some basic and inexpensive critters but they gave me an enthusiasm you usually only see when spending hundreds of dollars. I will spend the extra dollar or extra mile any day to deal with these guys next time. The creatures they picked for me were AAA and healthy, delivery was faster than promised, nice safe packing.

harlenb
10/18/18

I am really happy with my order, i made my purchase despite negative comments, but tbh my order came in before its scheduled date. My scorpions were very happy and healthy very active . They pack up my scorps perfectly. I love you guys and will definitely be back for more. Will also recommend reptile city to anyone looking for happy healthy pets. the best idk what else to say except that im supperr happy . Thank u reptile city.

ronk134
10/17/18

Now this is my idea of an online business! First off, the prices were the best around. Secondly, it was very easy to negotiate their website to find what you want. My son and I had a good time reading the descriptions of all the different animals that we could adopt (it's obvious that this Mr. Willis and his family care about the animals they offer).
Third and foremost was the speed in which received our pet toad, and the packing was professional! As soon as we put him in his new home he took to his water, finished off two crickets and then we got to watch him shed his skin before calling it a night in his hiding hole. I highly recommend this company for fair prices and professional, friendly service. Thanks!

caylas4
10/15/18

Received a healthy, fat, lively clubtail Iguana yesterday. Very happy with my experience with reptile city, the owner, and their customer service personnel. I was nervous about not having everything just right for my Clubtail when it arrived but the gentleman I talked to was able to tell me exactly what I needed for it. I also got two Atlanta hermit crabs that are the most active crabs I have ever had. When I am ready to apdpd a0nother reptile to my collection I will be purchasing from them for sure. I was reluctant about their shipping methods but I learned they actually drop pet off at local post office to arrive THAT SAME DAY!

aaronl119
10/6/18
• Updated review

Bought 4 fire belly toads that were active and feeding the moment they got here so I was happy about that and were by far the best prices I could find online. But in my second order the southern toad that came never fed and died on the second day. Same thing happened to the person I got it with, both his died in the first few days.

“Amazing prices and good selection.”
9/25/18
• Previous review

Bought 4 fire belly toads with their bogo program for only $20! Best prices I can find and they allow for a selection in shipping for those who are hesitant in buying a pet due to scalding shipping costs.

donaldf84
10/4/18

Everything went so well the first time that I ordered again. I had personal attention to exactly what I needed and wanted. The reptiles (lizards) came in great condition and they began eating almost immediately. I ordered a male and female and that is what I got. They get along so well it is amazing. I will go nowhere else for reptiles.

shaned104
10/2/18

Less than a week ago, I ordered two amphibians that have become a rarity on the market. The amphibians came in a very timely manner, and were in picturesque health. Reptile City did everything they could to accommodate me, and make sure the package arrived as promise. They came through on their end.
I would like to also address the people that have posted which have stated that Felton Willis is rude. I work in customer service and shipping myself and know what it like to deal with unhappy/disgruntled customers. From my experience, these type of individuals initiate an issue first by being rude and disrespectful themselves. Then when the other party (i.e. in this case Felton) takes control of the situation then it becomes known as "being rude". I spoke with Felton twice via phone and both conversations he handled the situation very professionally. Therefore, I have a hard time believing Anna W. and others which have seemed to use the same statements because more than likely they're the ones that started the correspondence off being rude.
Anyone thinking about using this company, I would reccomend so. Not too often you can put trust in strangers, but your trust won't be taken advantage of with this company. I am 100% positive anyone ordering with Reptile City will have as good of an experience as I did.

annaw186
9/28/18

I ordered 2 southern toads from him, when I got the package it had no heating or cooling pads to help the animals with shipping and it took two days coming from Florida
Open the package and one toad was dead stored in the same container with the live. Called him and he said he would send a new one, the live one died a day later called him again and he was extremely rude and anti social, he told me they only cover shipping and they have no warranty if the animal dies after he said he will send me 2 more but if they die he will NOT send me more or refund me
Reading the reviews I'm probably just gonna report him, he is just sending me sick or dead animals
The pictures below are of the dead toads

dereki4
9/27/18

I placed several orders with ReptileCity this summer. My goal was to re-stock green anoles in my back yard pool area. I have fond memories of playing with green anoles as a kid and wanted to see them running around the pool area. Mr. Willis came thru!

Mr. Felton Willis accommodated me with each order I placed and gave me great advice. I admit that I can be heard headed and impatient at times. Mr. Willis worked around my impatience at one occasion and gave me some free anoles to replace some that did not fare well.

Mr. Willis was quick to respond to my emails and quick to deliver my animals. He worked around my schedule twice when I could not be home to accept delivery of anoles. I look forward to continuing to do business with Mr. Willis!

Derek Iden

kevw8
9/27/18

Order a few turtles for educational purpose as a 1st time customer. Very satisfied with reptiles, services and communications.

darlar17
9/26/18

I ordered one batch of house Gecko's which arrived dead. I called Fenton and let him know we had a problem. He didn't ask for pictures of my dead lizards just told me they would reship. Which they did promptly and those Gecko's arrived healthy and very active. I was very pleased with my replacement shipment. Thank you Reptile City for my active healthy house Gecko's. Darla R. NM

mohameda162
9/21/18

I used this company to buy small turtles for my son and they always deliver on time, this is the second time I order from them and the turtles are in a great shape, thanks so much!

shayew1
9/21/18

Thank you so much for the speedy purchase! Delivered within the week and arrived the same day as shipped alive and well. Exactly what i asked for! Thanks again and will be purchasing more in the future.

willoc
9/20/18

Thank you so much for our newest family members...all of our turtles came to us healthy and hungry and have grown so much since we got them from you....Your animals are healthy, high quality and the best prices anywhere. When we are ready for more pets...I will definitely order from you again!

The other side of the story is - you are in Canada which we do not ship too

We do not ship to your location - Felton Willis

By Felton W., ReptileCity Representative

You should have gotten an email with the tracking number. I hope you got it on time.

By Larry g.

By Felton W., ReptileCity Representative

Contact the Better Business Bureau, PETA , Animal rights organizations, and if the python was expensive contact a lawyer

By Malcolm J.

Questions? Get answers from the ReptileCity staff and other customers.

ReptileCity?