Review of ReptileCity

Honey Grove, TX 75446
Tel: 888-220-3536

ryanh137
11/20/17

I just wanted to thankyou for my Brachypelma albopilosum (Honduran curly hair tarantula). She (or he...hasnt molted so I can sex it yet) not only arrived safe and sound, but is a beautiful healthy looking specimen with a VORACIOUS appetite, and is docile as can be. This is the 1st T I bought since my Grammostola porteri passed away 20 years ago, and I am so happy that you guys gave me a great T. Hope you enjoy the holidays!
Sincerely,
Ryan H

danielw164
11/18/17

I just received one Female Redtfoot from Reptile City, She is beautiful, nice shape and looks healthy. I look forward to ordering more reptiles form Reptile City in the near future.

tamo10
11/13/17

Good friend ordered two baby bearded dragons. Both arrived with diseases, in a terrible state, in ordinary mail. Both died shortly afterwards.

This company is terrible.

elizam14
11/8/17

I had ordered 1 baby corn snake and 2 salamanders. The USPS box had no holes or even a label stating to handle with care. The corn snake seemed okay, very skittish to get out of the little container with no air holes. The 2 salamanders were both dead, had contacted the company and their response proves how they don't care about the animals, it's just about the money.

wendyh120
11/5/17

My new Uromastyx from them is perfect. I ordered on a Monday and per their website shipping policy, my order would ship in 3-5 day and shipped on the 4th day. That was a Thursday to deliver on Friday. There was a hold up with shipping and I contacted the shop. They immediately called me back, tracked down my order, and arranged for it to be delivered on a Saturday. I know Saturday deliveries are costly and usually avoided. Reptile City went out of their way to ensure the safe and timely arrival of my uromastyx. They responded quickly to all of my emails, and even called me on the phone. Packaging was similar to other reptiles Ive ordered in the past so I have no complaints. And most importantly, my new uro is brightly colored, alert, and healthy looking. I will order from them again.

michaelp355
10/24/17

I have received reptiles and amphibians from ReptileCity in questionable containers via USPS previously. But I was recently deeply troubled to receive a notice, one day before delivery, that my two sulcatas were expected the next day. I responded back via email that I should have been advised prior to shipment so that I could have the box held at the PO because of our severe heat. No response. And later I figured why....

When the box arrived, I was upset at what I saw: small USPS Priority Mail box, SEALED SHUT, no holes, in my hot mailbox. One tortoise was active, the other lethargic...for three days. I noted the shipping label: shipped on Saturday, arrived on Wednesday late afternoon in 90+ degree weather.

Other companies have shipped their animals to me with breathable packaging. I contacted the USPS to find out the Regulations about shipping sulcatas. I discovered these regulation infractions by Reptile City:

Pub 52.522.1 Container Construction: "USPS-produced packaging, including Flat Rate containers, are NOT ELIGIBLE to be used."

522.2 Security and Ventilation: "Containers must ...provide adequate ventilation for the animals at all times."

522.3 Marking: Each mail piece must bear a complete return address and be MARKED ON THE ADDRESS SIDE with a description of the contents (e.g., LIVE ANIMALS, Live Honey Bees, etc.).

525 Nonmailable Live Animals: Nonmailable types of animals discovered in the mailstream MUST BE REPORTED to the PCSC in accordance with the instructions in POM 139.118. Additionally, the MAILER and the Post Office of mailing MUST BE NOTIFIED to PREVENT FUTURE SHIPMENTS FROM BEING INCORRECTLY ACCEPTED FOR MAILING.

And most damning of all...
525.3 Reptiles: ALL snakes, turtles, and poisonous reptiles are NON-MAILABLE.
(Interestingly, though, Baby Alligators, Baby Caimans, Chameleons, Frogs, Lizards, Newts, Reptiles and Amphibians, Salamanders, Tadpoles and Toads are mailable in NON-USPS packaging/boxes.) Also. for the sake of definition: tortoises are considered "turtles" for USPS mailing purposes..."All tortoises are turtles; they all belong to the order Testudines or Chelonia."

For the time-being, my baby sulcatas are fairing well; however, I will never order from Reptile City again in spite of enticing sales, BOGOs, and free shipping. I cannot support a company who infringes on USPS regulations at the risk of endangering the animals.

krisb59
10/16/17

Delivered sick baby water dragon. Has not eaten yet, lethargic from the start.. Been 1week. Also has numerous nodules on skin that I think is a bacterial infection. Going to vet tomorrow. This is my second water dragon, so I dont think this will one will make it. Im keeping it barely alive with pedialyte and powdered supplements

Thanks Reptile City

Tip for consumers: Don’t buy a water dragon from reptile city

pamr51
9/25/17

It was packed very well and box was marked perishable this side up. Felton was helpful and professional. Was emailed tracking # the night before and was delivered on time. Great company to buy from.

erikac32
9/18/17

I was horrified when I saw the condition my chameleon arrived in. It looked dead. His skin was peeling and got stuck to the plastic box. The package had no label that it contains live animal. It didn't even say "Handle with care". The instructions said that it would be shipped overnight. According the usps tracking the poor animal was in that dark dry box for 50 hours!!! The poor animal died the next day. I can't believe that somebody can handle live animals this way! Don't buy from this company!

rr102
8/14/17

Not quite sure how anyone could have a negative experience with reptilecity to be honest. I have placed 4 orders from them and received everything within 3-5 days and was sent a tracking number as soon as the order so I made sure to be home. every reptile was well fed upon arrival and I have not had one die on me. If one of your reptiles does die you should look your own habitat and the care you give and not blame what I think is a great place to buy online.

aprila27
6/25/17

hello, I was so surprised to get them yesterday.... because they weren't due for another 28 days... SO HAPPY with the quality!! both frogs and both turtles happy and well :) the turtles must have just hatched... they each still have their egg tooth!

GREAT thanks felton!!

stevens212
6/22/17

Really crazy to see any negative reviews. Ive ordered 4 times from this place. And every time has been a good outcome. Ive gotten savannah monitor, water monitor, nile monitor, iguana, pacman frog, and few ball python. And everyone that i have got for my customers have been very happy with them. If you have any needs or questiond then felton will answer everytime and be happy to help. And hes even been nice enough to help make shipping better just today even hes gave me better shipping then what i asked for.. i appriciate that forsure. But yes this place is awesome. They got great animals and help alot. Even if youve had lil bad luck once ide try again and try getting a little better shipping because im sure it was the package carriers doing because this place is 5 star.

patrickh105
6/13/17

Ok I ordered two ball pythons with 1-4 day shipping I called the 4th day to at least get a tracking number to check on the progress..They was very rude didn't seem like they wanted to talk.And on the website it says it has to be at your doorstep the 4th day..well it's Day 4 and they haven't sent them to be shipped yet.will never do buissness with them again.from now on will be ordering from BHB reptiles!

jenniferl223
6/3/17

Ordered two reptiles and they were very healthy and friendly. I emailed them about 5 times before the purchase and they returned my email promptly. I could not have received a better specimen.
The one thing that surprised me and I didn't care for is the packaging. It didn't say live animal on the package or handle with care. They need to work on that . Plus it took two days instead of over night. My babies were upside down. I think they were treated as any other package and tossed around a bit on the trip. But besides all of that, it didn't break their little spirits. Thank you reptile city

Tip for consumers: Be cautious of the packaging. Maybe talk to them about it. If you have questions. Ask.

carolp111
5/26/17

My baby Reeves turtles arrived in perfect condition, and started noshing right away. They're so cute and their funny antics are a joy to watch... they never fail to make me smile! They were delivered to my doorstep within days of placing the order. I will say that Spring temp's in 60's-70's are way less risky than summer or winter purchases for herps, and BOGO is the way to go. Am happy with Reptile City's service and would surely order from them again!

robinw68
5/26/17

I bought 2 calotes. They came shipped usps in tiny containers separately. Within a week my female dies. He offers to ship me a replacement and sends me 2 females. Ok fine he's trying to make up for it. But he ships them in a mesh bag together and one is half dead when I receive it and they both shock out and die that night at 630pm. Never again. The first female died the same way. You need to quarantine them before sending them out buddy.and put the animals first. Not your pocketbook.

larryg86
5/21/17

I emailed several websites about their Savannah monitors and it took them almost a week to get back to me, I sent a email to reptile city inquiring about the savannah monitor babies and the owner responded within minutes and he walked me through everything and I was very happy, I paid for the four-day processing and he shipped it within 2. They are very happy and healthy very active and doing well I would recommend this site to anyone. Thanks Felton.

brandonm89
5/19/17

Hi so i made my order online it was my first time ordering from this site or online for a live animal to be exact so i made my order an i nervously constantly emailed Mr. Felton he was understanding an talked me threw his entire order an shipping process the oder arrived at the date he said it would my only hang was i asked for an adult female cane toad an received a juvenille male i immediately contacted Felton an he got with me an we spoke on the issue he told keep what you have and ill send you the adult female completely free not even a shipping charge he was very responsive an polite over email an phone. I have read some terrible reviews about him an his buisness but i experienced nothing but excellent service, People need to understand that mistakes can happen in shipping animals so if one does take patience an speak with felton politely an he'll resolve your issue if any very quickly.. I AM a very happy owner an will be back for more. Micheal Houston ,Tx

frankt70
5/2/17

I order one snapping turtle April 27,2017.I received a tracking number i check the number it said that it had already been shipped.May 1,2017 I was at home the whole day I did not recieve it I call them they are pretty rude I going to write that 59 dollar off lesson learn never again.I know my mailman is pretty lazy but at least he would leave something for me with the tracking number on it to pick up at the post office.

annam213
4/19/17

I just ordered a club tail iguana from them and it arrived in terrible condition. It had fungus all over and a wonded are that is twice the size of the other. There is a gigantic scab in a cut and it's bleeding. I'm doing my best to nurse him back to health. Poor guy, I feel so bad for all the other animals that live there. My point is never buy from them and I feel someone should sew rhem.

laurieb53
4/7/17

Bought baby turtle had it 4 wks it died. He sent me new one it was sick bad shell. Called him sent pictures, He" the owner did nothing. My new turtle will probably die too. So sad, Terrible customer service. Will never buy from them again.Will tell everyone . Very unhappy customer.

logans38
3/29/17

The reptile came in healthy and attentive which is more than most reptile companies can say , but he wasn't listed as a live animal on the package and had no heat pack. The shipping was 35$ while they only had to pay 7.50$ , it wasn't overnight shipping it wasn't listed as perishable and it didn't have a heat pad. When I called them and confronted them they dodged my questions and told me "we've always done things this way". I was disappointed in their lack of care for the animal during shipping
I wouldn't not recommend reptile city but they need to improve on their shipping and customer service

arthurk33
2/14/17

Ordered a male and female Jackson chameleon. The mail came and Alive the female was dead when I got here had the FedEx man as a witness. Took him eight days to replace the female and she sick as hell. He shipped it second day with no markings that's live reptile. When we open up the box she was upside down. I have text them and I have called them no response.

tonyg74
2/4/17

I ordered 2 common snapping turtles from Felton at Reptile city, had them overnighted by UPS and recieved them on time,healthy and in great packaging with heat packs. I've read several bad reviews but on 2 separate orders ive had nothing but good experiences and will use and suggest using Reptile City again. I've even spoke to Felton on the phone and he seems like a cool guy. Thanks Reptile City!

catg5
1/22/17

I got 4 cane toads from them for an educational "invasive species" series. Theyou arrived no problem, only 1 looked even remotely healthy. 3 are underweight, and 1 died within hrs of recieving them. It costs more to try and replace the dead/ill animals in spite of it being their mistake, so I am going to work with what I have, do the best to bring the other2 back and hope the healthy 1 can handle everything.

You should have gotten an email with the tracking number. I hope you got it on time.

By Larry g.

Questions? Get answers from the ReptileCity staff and other customers.

3 Photos for ReptileCity