K9 Training Institute

K9 Training Institute has a consumer rating of 4.92 stars from 882 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with K9 Training Institute most frequently mention dog training, body language and free workshop. K9 Training Institute ranks 1st among Dogs sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 6 days

• The smart path is taken here, training using body language, the language of dogs.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate K9 Training Institute?
Business's Favorite Review

“Outstanding”

Jack P.
5/19/21

It's been a few weeks since I purchased the masterclass. Very happy with it so far. My yorkie used to pull on his leash everytime I used to take him out for a walk. That has now stopped completely, and he maintains constant eye contact with me during our walks. He has also become a lot more calm inside the house instead of being excitable all the time, as he used to be.

See full review

“Excellent dog training program”

Samantha M.
3/14/21

I purchased the Total Transformation Masterclass from K9 Training Institute and am super-impressed. Walking with Carlo (our German Shepherd puppy) has become so much more enjoyable now! Instead of constantly pulling on his leash like he used to, he now always walks at our side. And instead of trying to run away everytime we open the front door (and almost getting run over by a car once because of this), he now sits patiently in front of the door even without a leash on until I give him permission to go out. He has become so well-trained and seems to almost behave like a service dog now!

body language (19)
debbiee209
July 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I happened to be awake late one night and was worrying about how I can help my elderly Dad with his 3 year old dog that was never socialized as a pup or properly trained. I happened across this free video and learned a great deal. I have been applying the techniques taught and they are working. 1. Watch and touch. 2. Give your dog a job to do. 3. Use body language
I highly recommend you watch this 45 minute free video. You will have lots to take away from it!

colleene70
August 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

I haven't had a chance to fully go through the workshop yet but I already use hand signals while training so as I am self taught I'm sure there will be lots of hints and tips for me. Especially around stopping barking and jumping up I hope. My previous labs were amazing with training and so easy as they loved food but my current rescue Heinz 57 labs are proving to be more tricky to teach so looking forward to studying and using your free program

ilsec2

Thank you so much Dr!

I really appreciate the tips I received via your Masterclass. I nearly lost hope.

I've had Rosie, my rescue, at obedience training and it just didn't seem to help much. We practiced and practice, but to little avail.

I'm currently using the "jumping-issue"-technique. Looking forward to see good results.

We got Rosie a companion as well. Hopefully he will follow in her footsteps.

Please take care... and thanks again!

sheridanb11
August 27th, 2021
Verified purchase

We have a 6 month old LH mini dachshund. We had started him on obedience training with voice commands but after watching the free demo of the K9i we have successfully moved to hand signals. K9i training is concise and easy to follow. We would love to purchase the Masterclass but living in South Africa it's just too expensive for us. We wish you every success in helping us understand more about the psychology of our precious pets and training them to be the best they can be.

everettb68
June 14th, 2021
Verified purchase

Had dogs all my life. Don't know anything about training. Got a Golden Doodle puppy a year ago March. He's now 75lbs. And he's always excited about going for a walk. Tried every collar out there to stop him from dragging me down the street. With your simple method of turning him around and in the direction of home he automatically stopped. Of course we went through this a few times but it was the really first enjoyable walk. Thx!

karenb2832
September 15th, 2021
Verified purchase

The workshop was very helpful! I had my husband watch it too and I was telling him things to do with Ozzie but didn't listen to me, but today he was doing things that was on the work shop video,, My Ozzie is a sweetheart but every once in a while he gets aggressive towards someone when they go to pet him,, I need to figure out how to nip this! He is a rescue so I don't know his history which makes it very difficult,,, thanks for sharing the video

johnd5395
August 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

Our Aussie does have separation anxiety issues, braking, biting, and taking commands. She stresses hand commands over words 9 time out of 10. Used in conjunction with each other and one syllable word is absolute best and unique. Do not use commands interchangeably as it will just confuse. Aussie have 9 unique barks, once you realize this then issues begin to get smaller and guessing what is needed much clearer which Dr. Diaz has instructed.

ericat150
September 17th, 2021
Verified purchase

This information is very practical AND very doable. It actually seems promising for our 1 year old Chi-mix rescue dog, being his vivacious noisy silly self to become a happier, calmer, trained dog, using these techniques. (I know, I know, we are the ones actually being trained. But at least we can move forward with confidence, understanding what our dog's needs are rather than guessing and trying to get our own needs met, inadvertently confusing everyone!) It simply takes consistency and knowledge. What a gift - thank you!

clairea122
Verified purchase

We've just started the course on reactivity with our 1 year old labradoddle.The course is easy to follow and well laid out.
Great communication with questions answered.
We've already implemented a couple of things and this has already started to make us feel we have some control and direction in helping our dog and his reactivity.
I can do the course at my own pace and implement things step by step with review of videos etc
Great so far and very Impressed as far as value for money

noellas1
June 3rd, 2021
Verified purchase

I found the video very good. I trained working sheep dogs for fifty years and would have loved to have this information, it would have helped a lot. Also, all dogs wore collars and were tied up when not working, if they weren't they would wander and some even killed the sheep in their spare time. But I have found with my little jack russell the new type of harness is so less stressful for her that I am amazed.

christalm22
August 20th, 2021

Hi team,

I love the video training.

I've tried doing the part of giving the dog an opposite task to what he does. It's been only two days now but I can see a difference in making him sit everytime he starts barking at someone. He starts barking and when I call his name at least he is stopping or pausing cause he knows I'll make him sit. Love it.

Hope to hear more training. Best time to do this while on lockdown.

Kind regards,
Christal

debbiej259
May 28th, 2021
Verified purchase

Very informative and well presented. Although my border collie is extremely well behaved he doesn't like cars. I have tried numerous training methods while walking him but haven't had too much success. He still lunges at cars. Would love some help with this. I've used very similar methods to yours with all his other training and have had great success. Body language is key!

deniseb1049
August 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

I am impressed at the quality of your free training workshop. I am a first time dog owner and even though I did some research I learned a lot from your workshop. It's not too long but not too short either. I really like the tips that are coming my way and I am already implementing some techniques on my dog with positive results. I am seriously considering buying the whole course.

Thank you for doing this!

michaell3567
June 16th, 2021
Verified purchase

I just love getting out my mail box looking for your great comments.
They fit just right to us
The master class training program is every dog lovers dream.
I can't believe how much better it tought me so of how bad my knowledge of training dogs was so off beat.
Okay you guys have opened up my eye.
I want to thank you for help.
Your daily dose of tips are great too
Nannook & I have having more fun.
Keep em coming

belindaw130
August 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I am going to give a 5/5 score today. I am encouraged with what I have received so far, but I am just getting started. Piper is now 10 weeks old and I just started with the "watch" queue yesterday. I would say we have our work cut out for us. Hopefully I won't give up. That will be the test of whether it stays 5/5 or drops down. It is really difficult to give her the treat the one second she does make eye contact. Something we need to work on with a lot on practice.

debp133
Verified purchase

I just got a new bloodhound puppy that is totally bouncing off the walls
I can't keep him focused on anything. The tips from the workshop are helping him in just a few days. I really learned alot from the operant conditioning and body language rules. Thanks guys, look forward to all the tips you send in emails. Hopefully Milo will be a well mannered dog that can do some rescue tracking.

sueh542
August 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

Everything I am reading online makes so much sense and I am keen to learn more. Ruby is such a sweet girl and so loving however when we go outside her barking at anyone passing my place gives the impression she is vicious and that couldnt be further from the truth. I am afraid there is no way I can afford what you are asking for training. I am a disabled pensioner and just survive with making sure I have a little in the bank in case of emergency with Rubys health.

darrent76
July 5th, 2021
Verified purchase

I have been adopting the tips from the free workshop and Thor is already making great progress. He is trained as a Deer Dog, tracking deer and as such, pulls massively on the lead and has relatively poor recall. Providing him with jobs to do maintains his focus and the touch tactic is improving his recall all the time. I would love to subscribe to the remainder of the course however, cannot stretch the budget at the moment. Maybe in the future.

danal308
August 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

This brief training guide was an eye-opener. It totally makes sense! Humans communicate with our voice and language but canines communicate through body language. Although it may be difficult for us humans to switch gears and 'think like a dog', it is totally doable! I wish there was an in-person trainer near me to help show me in depth how this technique applies to my dogs. Thank you.

samantham836
March 14th, 2021

nabanipac
Customer S. – K9 Training Institute Rep

Thank you Samantha - glad to hear that Carlo's training has gone so well!

deannei5
July 2nd, 2021
Verified purchase

I have just got a 10 week old miniature Schnauzer, I watched your free training session on jumping on people and barking when someone knocks on the door, which schnauzer are notoriously known for and was amazed at your technique. I immediately put it into practice and could not believe how easy it worked. I have watched many YouTube video from other dog trainers but your technique works so much. Thank you for sharing these basic tips.

susans3585
August 6th, 2021
Verified purchase

I was very happy and surprised how much the training video information provided. I do not usually think much of any free workshops. But, I found out it really was not a gimmick to get you interested enough to do the 'paid' training. Yes, the training is mentioned at the end, but the tips were true and given up-front. I liked the credentials of Dr. Diaz and believe that she truly is in the profession because she cares about animals

marciac221
June 12th, 2021
Verified purchase

We watched the online workshop and liked what we saw and are eager to try the techniques out with our new puppy. My son would like to have him qualify as an emotional support dog and this seems like the best course for us all to take. They have emailed me with info each day since we watched and have made us feel like they are willing and ready to help us along the way.

susanphelpsp
June 3rd, 2021

Dear Dr Alexa,

Thank you so much for your tips and free training. I live in South Africa and to get products and services from the US is very costly for us and with both us and our pets going through lock down we have both (pets and owners) forgotten some of the basics when it comes to walking and socialising our pets.

Using body language is something we do but not in a mindful way so that is a big help and how to change behaviour in a calm way is better for the pet and the (mom) owner.

Susan

karak103
August 12th, 2021
Verified purchase

I actually found the free training really helpful and logical. I was so grateful that it wasn't a total bait and switch. Many times you click on an offer but it's really just a sales pitch. Of course there is a pitch at the end of this which is understandable as you have a service to provide/sell, but I appreciate that I feel like I really did get something of value for free at first. Thank you.

Hi Michele - housebreaking is actually present in one of our bonus classes which is available as soon as you sign up for our masterclass. So you don't have to wait 2.5 months for it. Hope that helps!:-)

By Customer S.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the K9 Training Institute staff and other customers.

trainerr
Customer S.
Typically responds within 6 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about K9 Training Institute?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.9
Have a question about K9 Training Institute?