K9 Training Institute

K9 Training Institute has a consumer rating of 4.91 stars from 1,202 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with K9 Training Institute most frequently mention dog training, body language and free workshop. K9 Training Institute ranks 2nd among Dogs sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 99.1%
1,183

• The smart path is taken here, training using body language, the language of dogs.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate K9 Training Institute?
Business's Favorite Review

“Outstanding”

Jack P.
5/19/21

It's been a few weeks since I purchased the masterclass. Very happy with it so far. My yorkie used to pull on his leash everytime I used to take him out for a walk. That has now stopped completely, and he maintains constant eye contact with me during our walks. He has also become a lot more calm inside the house instead of being excitable all the time, as he used to be.

See full review

“Excellent dog training program”

Samantha M.
3/14/21

I purchased the Total Transformation Masterclass from K9 Training Institute and am super-impressed. Walking with Carlo (our German Shepherd puppy) has become so much more enjoyable now! Instead of constantly pulling on his leash like he used to, he now always walks at our side. And instead of trying to run away everytime we open the front door (and almost getting run over by a car once because of this), he now sits patiently in front of the door even without a leash on until I give him permission to go out. He has become so well-trained and seems to almost behave like a service dog now!

Reviews (1,202)

body language (19)
debbiee209
July 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I happened to be awake late one night and was worrying about how I can help my elderly Dad with his 3 year old dog that was never socialized as a pup or properly trained. I happened across this free video and learned a great deal. I have been applying the techniques taught and they are working. 1. Watch and touch. 2. Give your dog a job to do. 3. Use body language
I highly recommend you watch this 45 minute free video. You will have lots to take away from it!

suet371
November 5th, 2021
Verified purchase

After watching this introductory class, I am strongly considering purchasing all of the classes. My 11 month old puppy is pretty well trained, but he is showing leash aggression. I walk him every day and we have really well behaved neighbor dogs. Some of them Barney likes, but some of them he wants to rip to pieces. He's 42 pounds and getting so strong that I'm having trouble controlling him when he meets other dogs. How do I calm him down?

colleene70
August 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

I haven't had a chance to fully go through the workshop yet but I already use hand signals while training so as I am self taught I'm sure there will be lots of hints and tips for me. Especially around stopping barking and jumping up I hope. My previous labs were amazing with training and so easy as they loved food but my current rescue Heinz 57 labs are proving to be more tricky to teach so looking forward to studying and using your free program

marciac221
June 12th, 2021
Verified purchase

We watched the online workshop and liked what we saw and are eager to try the techniques out with our new puppy. My son would like to have him qualify as an emotional support dog and this seems like the best course for us all to take. They have emailed me with info each day since we watched and have made us feel like they are willing and ready to help us along the way.

mariad1383
October 15th, 2021
Verified purchase

I like this company. They offered information that makes complete sense. Their rate is cheaper than a live dog trainer and the training allows you to train your dog at your own pace.

We are inspired by how they do things that we plan on turning several abandoned dogs into service dogs so they are appreciated instead of turned away. Its our way of giving these animals a second chance.

ilsec2
September 3rd, 2021

Thank you so much Dr!

I really appreciate the tips I received via your Masterclass. I nearly lost hope.

I've had Rosie, my rescue, at obedience training and it just didn't seem to help much. We practiced and practice, but to little avail.

I'm currently using the "jumping-issue"-technique. Looking forward to see good results.

We got Rosie a companion as well. Hopefully he will follow in her footsteps.

Please take care... and thanks again!

sheridanb11
August 27th, 2021
Verified purchase

We have a 6 month old LH mini dachshund. We had started him on obedience training with voice commands but after watching the free demo of the K9i we have successfully moved to hand signals. K9i training is concise and easy to follow. We would love to purchase the Masterclass but living in South Africa it's just too expensive for us. We wish you every success in helping us understand more about the psychology of our precious pets and training them to be the best they can be.

everettb68
June 14th, 2021
Verified purchase

Had dogs all my life. Don't know anything about training. Got a Golden Doodle puppy a year ago March. He's now 75lbs. And he's always excited about going for a walk. Tried every collar out there to stop him from dragging me down the street. With your simple method of turning him around and in the direction of home he automatically stopped. Of course we went through this a few times but it was the really first enjoyable walk. Thx!

lisas3309
October 9th, 2021
Verified purchase

I thought the free workshop had valuable insight on dog behaviour and training information. The information was clear and loved the incorporation of videos to show examples of before and after behaviour. I also liked how they outlined what you would be learning in the masterclass. They definitely have an ace up their sleeve if they are providing training advice from a service dog perspective. I think a must for all puppy owners and any dog who hasn't been able to control their emotions!

karenb2832
September 15th, 2021
Verified purchase

The workshop was very helpful! I had my husband watch it too and I was telling him things to do with Ozzie but didn't listen to me, but today he was doing things that was on the work shop video,, My Ozzie is a sweetheart but every once in a while he gets aggressive towards someone when they go to pet him,, I need to figure out how to nip this! He is a rescue so I don't know his history which makes it very difficult,,, thanks for sharing the video

louannb1
August 24th, 2021
Verified purchase

Many of the details shown; dog showing unwanted behavior and then dog showing great behavior; were great! I would have liked to see a little more of the in between action, but I understand that was to wet my appetite to buy the training. I already have a rather well trained dog right now. He just needs a few tweaks. I have already added the 4 ways of discipline and he is responding unbelievably!
Thank you for the video!

melissam2252
September 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

The explanations were very clear, the worshop was well designed and fluent. The content really seems helpful. The advice they give in the workshop works very well, I have started to use it with my dog and results are starting to show even after only 1 week. I am convinced these ways of training your dog are for everyone. You often hear that online workshops and free classes are just to lure you into buying products, but this one felt different.

johnd5395
August 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

Our Aussie does have separation anxiety issues, braking, biting, and taking commands. She stresses hand commands over words 9 time out of 10. Used in conjunction with each other and one syllable word is absolute best and unique. Do not use commands interchangeably as it will just confuse. Aussie have 9 unique barks, once you realize this then issues begin to get smaller and guessing what is needed much clearer which Dr. Diaz has instructed.

ericat150
September 17th, 2021
Verified purchase

This information is very practical AND very doable. It actually seems promising for our 1 year old Chi-mix rescue dog, being his vivacious noisy silly self to become a happier, calmer, trained dog, using these techniques. (I know, I know, we are the ones actually being trained. But at least we can move forward with confidence, understanding what our dog's needs are rather than guessing and trying to get our own needs met, inadvertently confusing everyone!) It simply takes consistency and knowledge. What a gift - thank you!

willt117
October 29th, 2021
Verified purchase

My dog, Max, already has most of these behaviors. I live in a rural, isolated location so I want him to bark when someone unfamiliar comes to my house. You don't get here by accident. Usually I don't have more than one visitor in two weeks. After proper introduction I can take Max off the leash without any worry. Maybe if they made an aggressive move then he might respond in a protective manner, I've never tried it. Usually visitors are already intimidated by his size, 120 pounds.

clairea122
September 3rd, 2021
Verified purchase

We've just started the course on reactivity with our 1 year old labradoddle.The course is easy to follow and well laid out.
Great communication with questions answered.
We've already implemented a couple of things and this has already started to make us feel we have some control and direction in helping our dog and his reactivity.
I can do the course at my own pace and implement things step by step with review of videos etc
Great so far and very Impressed as far as value for money

noellas1
June 3rd, 2021
Verified purchase

I found the video very good. I trained working sheep dogs for fifty years and would have loved to have this information, it would have helped a lot. Also, all dogs wore collars and were tied up when not working, if they weren't they would wander and some even killed the sheep in their spare time. But I have found with my little jack russell the new type of harness is so less stressful for her that I am amazed.

christalm22
August 20th, 2021

Hi team,

I love the video training.

I've tried doing the part of giving the dog an opposite task to what he does. It's been only two days now but I can see a difference in making him sit everytime he starts barking at someone. He starts barking and when I call his name at least he is stopping or pausing cause he knows I'll make him sit. Love it.

Hope to hear more training. Best time to do this while on lockdown.

Kind regards,
Christal

debran194
October 7th, 2021
Verified purchase

I don't have any experience, but I carefully read & research this site. I don't have the monies, I'm a senior on a fixed income. I was just notified by my landlord I can't have socks! Meanwhile tenants here have 1 or 2 dogs. I cried... who's gonna tuck him in at nights? I've had socks for 2 months, nothing was ever said. You all are great! I thank you for taking the time reading this.
Sincerely
Debra Nanez ‍

maryr2301
September 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

The online workshop got me hook, line and sinker. I immediately felt calm, confident and in control. I have 2 pups, so double the trouble and want to get the most I can out of puppy training.
The price is expensive, especially when converting from AUD however I have full confidence the sequence of steps will make the learning process simple and effective.

debbiej259
May 28th, 2021
Verified purchase

Very informative and well presented. Although my border collie is extremely well behaved he doesn't like cars. I have tried numerous training methods while walking him but haven't had too much success. He still lunges at cars. Would love some help with this. I've used very similar methods to yours with all his other training and have had great success. Body language is key!

sallyg228
October 22nd, 2021
Verified purchase

I adopted a rescue dog from Flagler Humane Society (wonderful organization) in the middle of August. She is a year old Chihuahua/Whippet mix and full of energy. She's very affectionate but has a bad habit of nipping the hand that feeds her. I learned how to change her behavior with very easy instructions from K-9 Institute. I look forward to increasing her good behavior and teaching her to behave everywhere.

deniseb1049
August 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

I am impressed at the quality of your free training workshop. I am a first time dog owner and even though I did some research I learned a lot from your workshop. It's not too long but not too short either. I really like the tips that are coming my way and I am already implementing some techniques on my dog with positive results. I am seriously considering buying the whole course.

Thank you for doing this!

michaell3567
June 16th, 2021
Verified purchase

I just love getting out my mail box looking for your great comments.
They fit just right to us
The master class training program is every dog lovers dream.
I can't believe how much better it tought me so of how bad my knowledge of training dogs was so off beat.
Okay you guys have opened up my eye.
I want to thank you for help.
Your daily dose of tips are great too
Nannook & I have having more fun.
Keep em coming

belindaw130
August 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I am going to give a 5/5 score today. I am encouraged with what I have received so far, but I am just getting started. Piper is now 10 weeks old and I just started with the "watch" queue yesterday. I would say we have our work cut out for us. Hopefully I won't give up. That will be the test of whether it stays 5/5 or drops down. It is really difficult to give her the treat the one second she does make eye contact. Something we need to work on with a lot on practice.

Hi Michele - housebreaking is actually present in one of our bonus classes which is available as soon as you sign up for our masterclass. So you don't have to wait 2.5 months for it. Hope that helps!:-)

By Customer S.,
See more answers (2)

Canine behaviourist and trainer not associated with k9 training institute in any way. Do not put your hands near her you may be bitten Use a high value reward to lure her away, use a command such as "here" as she leaves the item and when she gets to you, praise, give her the reward repeat. On a chair. Again use a high value treat to lure her off. At the exact moment she has all 4 feet off give her the reward, say off and praise her. Repeat as necessary. If it is always the same chair put a box or something on it so she can't get on it. If not too heavy you can use the back of the chair to lift the back and GENTLY tip her off the front. Do not get involved in a confrontation. If she is guarding the dishwasher etc often consider keeping her on a trailing lead which you can use to draw her away. Without putting your hand near her mouth or challenging her in any way. Always command. Reward and praise when she is where you want her to be. Do not leave her unattended with a trailing lead. She could get caught up and hurt herself. If she has something in her mouth you want back. Swap it for something she can have. Like a treat (has to be high value to her). At the instant she lets go. Say leave or mine and give her the treat. Again. Do not confront. Just be calm and pleasant. You are changing the situation from confrontation. To getting her to volunteer a different behaviour and be praised for it. Simply put. Use your brain to achieve the action you want from her without force or confrontation, Name the action.at the exact moment she does it. (the command) reward and praise. What is now happening is that you are NOT stopping her doing something by telling her off and putting her in the wrong, you are gaining her compliance in doing something else on command and she is rewarded for being clever. Teaching her the "leave it" command would be useful. Google how to do that. As it would get rather wordy to try to explain in words here. All the very best with her. Kathryn

By Kathryn N.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the K9 Training Institute staff and other customers.

trainerr
Customer S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about K9 Training Institute?

Have a question about K9 Training Institute?