Review of MyLostPetAlert

Tel: 1-844-PETALERT
contact@mylostpetalert.com

keelym6
4/14/19

I paid for the package they recommend for rural areas...the Woof package. They say they will fax up to 15 pet shelters and veterinary clinics within a 25 mile radius. On my report they said they could not find any in a 25 mile radius using among other things google maps, and that this is common in rural areas...well there is a vet clinic 1 mile from me and about 9 others in a 25 mile radius that all pop right up on google maps. They say if I send them the fax number they will add it to their data base. Well if I call all these vet clinics in a 25 mile radius to get their fax number I am going to file my own lost pet report. This is what I pay them for and they don't deliver. Scammers.

jessicaj256
3/25/19

The flyer was made, people contacted by phone and FB posted but animal businesses were not contacted. I was told there were none in a 25 mile radius which was not correct. Customer Service agreed.

sallya72
3/10/19

I'm so glad they have this service for a imams who can't speak or tell someone where they live. Fast service it was well worth every penny. Thank you for working so hard to find my dog.

nicolel208
3/1/19

The site is ok and does get some attention however, you can get the same results by putting up your own flyers!

oliviad49
1/27/19

worth every penny if it wasn't for your alerts the shelter that rescued lucky would not have known how to find us. Thank you MY LOST PET ALERT!!!!

dannyt184
12/29/18

This site was easy to use. The alerts were sent in a timely manner, and several folks in the area called reporting seeing my cat. That allowed us to focus our searches in those areas. I would definitely use the guys again.

kayw88
12/2/18

Within 24 hours, I got two responses to the alert for my cat and the second one led me to my pet. She is a blind cat and had been hit by a car, but the woman calling had seen the Facebook post and called to tell me exactly where she was and that she was still alive. I got there in time to take her to the emergency vet and she is being prepped for surgery now with a good prognosis. Without Pet Alert she would have laid by the curb and surely died alone. I am so grateful. Kay

ryand89
4/3/18

After nearly a week of advertising on my own, I tried MyLostPetAlert on the recommendation of a couple who had used it to find their cat. Within four hours of signing up, my dog was found! The neighbor of a woman who had been sheltering my dog got a robo-call and alerted her neighbor, who in turn called me to let me know that she had the dog. I don't know if my experience was typical, but it was worth the money.

cherylc28
3/18/18

I'm so glad I did the $40 package because they faxed all the nearby vets, which helped bring in our first tip. While that didn't quite pan out it helped narrow down our search. I was able to get a great flyer to print off, but you can do that for the free alert. Social media was really key and having it posted on Facebook in that package is worth the money, but I can't say you should do more than the $40. It takes a lot of effort to really spread the word on Facebook and it took a city to get it done in the end, but if not for the Facebook posting of My Lost Pet Alert we wouldn't have our husky home today. She was finally found this morning!

lauram341
3/2/18

It was so helpful to have an easy system for getting your pet info made and distributed at whatever level you chose. It is a great site, and I am thankful that sites like this are out there.

maryannm39
1/3/18

My cat was accidentally let out by some people that were from out of town and staying at my home on Christmas Eve. They didn't realize my cat is not an outdoor cat and innocently let him out (that is another story).

I wasn't home when this happened and when I was informed a little over an hour later (the visitors did everything they could to try and find him before letting me know) I immediately posted on Craigslist my cat was missing. Someone emailed me and suggested I try MyLostPet.com since it had worked for them. I had nothing to lose except a couple dollars and it would be worth it if it got my cat back.

Well, I cannot say with 100 percent certainty it was because of this site but I am 100 percent positive he came home because of this site, lol. I say this only because he was missing for a week, no sign of him, no response to my posts online and no response to the flyers I posted in the neighborhood. I was told about the site Dec. 29th, I applied on Dec 30th. On December 31st the Robocalls started - My cat came home within a few hours after those calls were placed - which was on New Year's Eve. I think he was in the general area and someone received the robocall from MyLostPet.com then, realizing he was a lost pet and lived in the area, they let my cat out to come home - which he did. He was none worse for the wear. He was a little thin but not much, he was warm (the temp is minus 8 degrees in Massachusetts) which means someone nearby must have had him.

I don't care any longer about the details of his whereabouts. My beloved cat is home, and I firmly believe it is due to this site. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I have been and will continue to tell everyone about this site. I already let people know on Craigslist.com that my little furry buddy is home and I thanked your site for being instrumental in his return.

The bottom line is this; Your site does more to locate a lost furry family member in a few minutes than I could have done in a week or longer! I cannot thank you enough for your help in bringing my pet home.

Tip for consumers: Don't hesitate - This site can do more in a few minutes to help locate your pet than most people could do on their own in a month!

maryl539
11/1/17

It was such a comfort being able to mobilize widespread lost pet alerts and folks on the lookout for my kittie! So many people told me they got your calls or saw the facebook posting and would be looking for him.

He came home on his own after 10 long days but everyone was looking for him so if he had been trapped someone would have saved him!

jessicat118
10/25/17

Because of your service, my cat who was locked accidentally in a cellar FOR A WEEK was found a block away. She was extremely dehydrated and starving and pinned by a few boards - by otherwise uninvited !! Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU !!

gloriar45
9/27/17

You so prompt and covered everyone that could help us! We want to thank you for your help! I would recommend anyone to use your site.

marlenem34
8/6/17

Just was recommended to this from someone who saw my Craigslist ad thank you praying as very upset today my cats gone a week today Phoenix come home safely

staceyr31
7/27/17

After four days of wondering, our indoor cat was found a few houses down. I know these alerts, emails, and apps help bring our pets home. THanks for all you do at MyLostPetAlert! (The reading that was suggested helped tremendously....is said that generally, indoor cats, if found, will be found within a 5 house radius - once I read that I refocused my efforts on my immediate area and even though it had been over 4 full days - he was found only two houses away!)

carliew4
7/8/17

Help bring Fiona home! 4 yr old female. Grey and tan. Long hair. Groomed like a lion right now. Last seen on Shelby road near boardman soccer fields last seen July 1st. She is very missed. 3305504727. Large cash reward

deborahw86
6/15/17

This party informed me that the most expensive package would phone message 1000 homes with a prerecorded message homes within a five mile radius. To my horror, when I received the list of numbers and addresses I looked up 30 on mapquest that were greater than 20 miles away. When I attempted to follow up I was told I was in error. I asked if they would scrutinize the list properly and provide the missing calls and they insisted I was wrong. My card was billed nonetheless. Horrific under terrifying circumstances.

Response from James E., MyLostPetAlert Representative
Hi Deborah,

I apologize for your stressful experience as certainly this is not the time to feel like we're not notifying the right people about your missing pet. I've looked over the conversation you had with our support over Live Chat and you didn't really give us a chance to resolve your complaint or for someone else to analyze and get back to you per your request (this review was made the same day).

In any case, I have scrutinized the phone calls myself and have come to the same conclusion as the support agent you spoke with, but I may understand why you were insistent that many of the calls were outside of your area. While it is a fact that all of homes in the list are within a 5 mile RADIUS, the DRIVING distance for some of them is upwards of 20 miles simply because of the surrounding terrain - your location is at the north west tip of El Dorado (a low population area) and there is another community not far to the north separated only by sand/desert - because the two areas are reached by a connecting highway located far to the east you're seeing a driving distance that is much higher than the actual distance between two points. Considering your lost pet is a BIRD, it seems reasonable that they could travel to this area.

When we do a pet alert we start with the closest homes to where your pet went missing and then work in a radius outwards using exact GPS coordinates matched against home addresses - there is almost never a reason to do an alert based around zip code, and with the largest $219 package in a low population area that may mean it extends to another town/area. I don't see anything wrong with the alert we did for your bird "Greynee", but I will be emailing you directly to discuss this further.
nor2008
6/6/17

MyLostPerAlert makes robocalls without permission and without asking if recipient would like to participate. This is rude and unacceptable behavior, and not likely to get cooperation from randomly-called people. Report telemarketing robocalls to FCC and FTC Do-Not-Call list.

Response from James E., MyLostPetAlert Representative
Apologies, but due to the purely informational nature of our calls and strict adherence to robocall best practices, our calls are completely legal in all states and permissible by FTC/FCC organizations. You can read more about this here:

In addition, our lost pet phone calls are not random, but are made in a small radius around where the pet was last seen. This is your neighbor that is missing a family member. Calls like ours help pets return home safely every day, so we do appreciate those that take a moment to listen - it's the nice thing to do!
deidref1
4/25/17

Being generally new to the area I would never have been able to reach out to all the people and places you did to help get my fur babies home. Thank you and keep up the awesome job.

samh131
4/18/17

They sent a flier I made in their site to local humane societies and vets, how awesome is that? And it was free. Although my cat came home, I felt that this site was VERY helpful.

carolt67
4/6/17

Comforting to have a service like this. I would highly recommend this service to anyone who has a pet.

monicab70
3/12/17

This is a very great site to use. I highly recommend it.especially if you don't really have the transportation needed to get out and search.

jaredm32
3/7/17

Less than 24 hours my girl LILO was returned to me by a kind family a half a mile away from her home. I asked the nice lady how she knew LILO was missing and how to find me she replied, Facebook and lost pet alert were the ways she was able to contact. I highly recommend this site and its well worth the money. Not only is my dog a member of my family but is also my best friend so sites like these are a wonderful Rescource to the community. Thank you and a very special thank you to the kind family that helped LILO come home.

kellys199
3/2/17

There are no words that can adequately describe despair. My small dog got out of the car with stealth in an industrial area with amazing traffic. It was comforting to have a site like ths one to know there is slight hope of seeing your loved one once again.
Thank you!

Thank you for the question Iram. We of course cannot guarantee the return of your pet, but our service gets your pets photo and information out to thousands of eyeballs and ears located in the area they went missing. It can only benefit and increase your chances of recovery - an alert done within 5 days of your pet going missing has an average 85% success rate.

By James E., MyLostPetAlert Representative

Live chat does not have a defined schedule and our phone system is not intended for customer support. If you have a sales question or questions about your alert, you can always email us at support@mylostpetalert.com

By James E., MyLostPetAlert Representative

Well, the person that told me about this site said their pet was missing for a full week before they used this site. They said a week later they were contacted by the person that had their pet. So, no - the length of time doesn't matter on this site. Good luck.

By MaryAnn M.

I'm sorry for the delay in my answer. I hope this message is in waste and your pet has returned. But just in case - it cost me $50 to have calls, flyers, contacts to Vets in the area all done by this site. As I said, I don't know with 100 percent certainty that my cat came home because of this site but it just seems odd to me that within hours of the calls going out (my neighbors confirmed they got a call) my cat came running home to me. I wish you all the luck in locating your pet. I don't believe it is ever too late. When I was a child, I had a purebred Irish Setter that was stolen from our yard. I thought I would never see him again and yet he came home 6 months after being taken!

By MaryAnn M.

Questions? Get answers from the MyLostPetAlert staff and other customers.

6 Photos for MyLostPetAlert