US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kimm124
12/5/15

I will never be ordering again.
My bill never matched my receipts that came in with the packages I went over $700 worth of items and every order was wrong discounts was not taken off free shipping was not applied so I had to go over everything one by one and I saved all the discount codes that I used along the way.
I haven't heard back from them.

royb47
12/1/15

I ordered a bunch of stuff
It came said it was all there
So I got home opened the broken smashed boxes and was missing stuff
So I called and they said no problem they sent me the missing stuff
BUT CHARGED ME EVEN MORE MONEY
NOBODY SPEAKS NOR UNDERSTANDS ENGLISH EITHER
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

tomg81
11/29/15

I've ordered from them for about 4 years without a glitch. Prices are decent if you know how to shop. Always promo codes available for discounts and free shipping. I've always received timely shipping. Even did a return on a pair of sneakers, was as painless as it gets. Typical warehouse buying service, many of them out there, I consider Gettington one of the better ones. There is always the choice of going to Walmart and getting crappy or no service, no stock and standing in lines! Amazon is a great service if you do mind overpaying?

joes509
11/24/15

First off Gettington is owned by fingerhut so that in itself is wrong. I have ordered from them three times and every time there was a problem. One time order got completely lost and never showed up and their great customer service just said keep waiting it will arrive and it never did. This last order I placed for 5 days tracking said just shipped will update once received at spee dee delivery. Contact spee dee and they say they have no such order. Come on gettington. And ttheyalso make a profit off of the shipping cost. I talked to upper management at spee dee delivery and they said yes gettington charges more for shipping than they actually charge for the items to be shipped. Scammer Alert.

luciap5
11/22/15

I've been using this company for about 6 years now. Usually around the holidays. I've never had a single issue. Usually have some kind of promo code for free shipping of discount. I rarely if ever pay for shipping and have always been pleased with my orders.

aaronc37
11/20/15

No. The reviews told me everything i need to know. Running for the hills.

rhondam23
10/5/15

I ordered 2 bras and a5 pack of underwear and they charged 27 dollars shipping ! Yes i live in the u.s.!

chriss298
9/2/15

I ordered a TV and many other items over the last 2 years. Everything has always arrived on time and in great shape. I went through a very bad divorce two years ago and Gettington has helped me replace lost items due to the divorce. I have never had an issue, and I would recommend them to everyone.

christinet22
8/12/15

Just had an agent hang up on me when I asked for a supervisor. I called back and got put on eternal hold. I am apparently on some kind of auto dialer and have received 15 calls within the last two days. No one is ever there. I am closing my account and complaining to the attorneys general in my state. Shame on you Gettington for treating paying customer so poorly.

debbiem43
6/22/15

I have been working on getting my credit back on track. Although it took me almost 3 yrs I am almost debt free. I got something in my email saying since my credit improved, to give them a try to see if I was approved. I felt good that I was. NOW That I have read the reviews they will be removed from my bookmark. NO WAY AM I FALLING FOR THIS TRAP. Thanks to all for the heads up on this. You cannot believe how much this has helped me. I hope they read all these reviews. This is just not right the way they are ripping off people.

sandrag30
6/13/15

I have been a loyal customer for the past two years..Granddaughter was near my computer and hit the wrong button..my payments went from $25 to $160...a month..would not work with me at all..pretty much said my problem..will be adding 38.00 per month on my bill for late payments..and the quality is not so great..made in China..when delivered..just thrown at your door.PLEASE..DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY..ITS COMPATIBLE TO FINGERHUT...BAD NEWS...

maxz3
5/1/15

We had been a customer for several years when we ordered a hot tub from them. Somehow it was put on fast pay. We called CS immediately and sorry we cannot change the pay type. Ok cancel the order it could not have shipped yet as it was done 5 minutes ago. Nope it is out at the warehouse and cannot be cancelled. Ok i will refuse it at the door... NO NO dont do that just accept it and we will set up a "special payment plan" auto payments and all. HA HA HA.....fast forward to 1 year later. we recd a "late statement saying i need to remit 1100. to come int current! What the Frack are they talkin about? Called CS and it was in charge off status and no further auto pays would be done and it was going to collections. I asked if there would offer a settlement? and they said dunno will check with super and call back, I said by friday. Fast forward to today.. still no answer but will take a settlement of 700.00 and close acct. I ask if it will still be going to a debt collector..... dunno, will ask super and get back to you next tuesday!! And they want to know where their customers are going?? CS is the worst anywhere. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

UPDATE**********
7/23/15 Gettington has come to their senses checked my account and decided that I was correct!! they have adjusted my account and credit status and will now accept payments as agreed on before this mess. Still will not purchase from them again.

dm146
4/28/15

I have been a customer for a couple of years now. I have never had an issue with products - yes shipping is slower, but everything arrived in good condition. What I DO however have a huge issue with is the most sucky, evasive, vague customer service I have ever dealt with in my life. They have even gone so far as to do unauthorized debits on our debit card and then try to spin it like "maybe someone else in the home gave authorization?" UM no.....do not use auto pay. Their customer service is so below par......it is embarrassing. I can't see them staying in buisness very much longer with such horrible and I do mean horrible service. Will never shop there again AND blocked my acct so no more suspicious activity can take place from this so called place of business. Bottom line - They SUCK!

mikes284
4/1/15

Look must people that go thru these services know what there getting in bed with.
Over priced items and low payment so they can make money on you.
Do yourself a favor and DONT over extend yourself.
If you buy something for 200$ pay it off within the month like a credit card.
At least that's what I do.
My biggest complaint with gettington is there shipping takes at least 7 and as many as 14 days to get to you. In a world where everything is FAST shipping works as slow as the old pony express days.
I am an Amazon prime user and that's the other side of the spectrum 2 days maybe I'm spoiled.

In closing if slow shipping is no biggie and you pay your bill in full gettington is great!

geralds24
3/25/15

catalogue prices do NOT match prices at checkout, which were much higher and customer service reps are English challenged !

danas28
3/5/15

I have been dealing with Gettington for about 3 years now, and I haven't had any issues with them. My orders are always prompt, and in good condition even around the holidays. They always have a great selection of merchandise. Customer service has always been pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend them if you need to pay for things over time.

angelaw39
2/4/15

I have ordered a shipment from Gettingtons and my shipment came promptly with no damage incurred. I've since ordered a Rachael Ray oil and vinegar set, and because I couldn't get a product that was in the book because they no longer have it, and I asked them why would they put an item in the book that is not available; the the rep. offered me Free shipping on my order. That was GREAT because it would have cost me $10 just to ship 2 small items. I told her that that their shipping prices were horrible! and I won't order again until I receive a book that has free shipping.

giaw1
2/3/15

Thank you all for your reviews!! I was just about to order a t.v. but after reading your reviews I definitely will NOT make that mistake! !

unmik
1/9/15

This has got to be the worst on line company I have ever dealt with. I made an order with them and it arrived with pieces missing. Mistakes happen and I wasn't too concerned. I called customer service but before I got to talk to a person I was put through a series of enter this number, enter that number, etc etc with their computerized phone system. Then it asked me what my call was about and it gave me a number of categories to choose from. Unfortunately none of them was “make a complaint”. After lowering my IQ and elevating my blood pressure I finally got past the phone system and got to talk to a person. This person was the antithesis of customer service and wasn't at all concerned with my problem and eventually agreed to send me the missing parts. I asked that they be expedited (the parts were for a heater and it was very cold) but this “no service” person wouldn't do that so I agreed to regular shipping. I was unhappy but at least something was being done. The next day I get an email from Customerservice@fingerhut.com telling me that the part wasn't missing and that I was assembling the item wrong. I went back to the assembly instructions and closely examined the parts that did arrive and made sure that the parts were in fact missing. I responded to the email and even furnished photos of what I received showing the item was incomplete. To date I have not heard back from these folks so I decided to write a review of this terrible service on Site Jabber. I should have looked there before I made my order. Gettington has the worst reviews I have ever read on a company (that was still in business). I have no doubt that these guys will be out of business soon.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site

bobbym29
1/7/15

I've been ordering from Gettington for a few years. Prices are a bit high, but dealable. I have moved a number of times due to a divorce and I am on the road a lot. I ordered a TV to be delivered to a new residence and I also ordered a keyboard and mouse. I saw that the keyboard and mouse order was cancelled and got a letter saying that Credit Risk could not verify my phone number and address. I called to straighten it out and was told by the CS rep that they couldn't deliver to me anymore because I NOW had to send them a bill to my new address of 5 days. I've had 4 addresses in the last year. This Customer Service idiot then cancelled my TV that was on the UPS truck for delivery that day. They've lost me forever.

Tip for consumers: Stay away if you think this is a company that is loyal to the customer.

dominicks12
12/13/14

I have been dealing with Gettington for 2 years and never had a problem with my orders. Last year I ordered a Laptop and bought it with a $25.00 off promo the day after I ordered it they reduced it by another $100.00. I called them up told them that I ordered the laptop with a $25.00 off original price and they were selling it now for $100.00 off. they honored both sales and I got the laptop for $125.00 off!!! So what is wrong with a company like that?

jasons115
12/11/14

DONT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! They have the absolute worst customer service! I made an order that had not been delivered after 20 days. Customer service rep seemed to be inconvenienced by me. Will not do business again.

Tip for consumers: Dont spend your hard earned money with a company that does not care about your satisfaction. Gettington.com needs to work on customer service before they have no customers to service.

pattyr5
12/5/14

I have not purchased anything from this company yet and I will not after reading so many bad reviews. This company had better pay attention to their reviews and make changes before they end up out of business! I'm so glad I decided to check reviews first!!
Shame on you Gettington. Pay attention to your feedback because your potential customers certainly are!

gregg155
12/3/14

Been buying from them for over a year and have purchased so fairly expensive stuff. Their credit is easy....everything showed up as promised.....no complaints here!

maryd78
11/25/14

I worked in a warehouse that sends out the products ordered online for this company and fingerhut, and I Will never order online now that I saw first hand how the online products are handled, they are dropped and damaged on a daily basis and yet they are still shipped out to the customers, there also happens to be alot of workers that cannot read english very well that are handling the orders.

Tip for consumers: Better to buy the products in the store and know what you are receiving and know that it is not damaged.

15 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gettington staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question