Review of Gettington

janicem49
6/1/16

Great company I did my shopping for Christmas I received everything on time everything came very quickly quality was excellent I do not regret paying off my credit now to shop for Christmas this year I say give them a try you'll love shopping with this company

cheryd1
5/26/16

I have been charged $16.00 for about 12 months for Lifeline. Never agreed to get because it cannot help me, I don't have a job to loose . Called Lifeline all they said was to bad there is a 60 day refund so they refunded $34.00 but won't give me the other 10 months they took from my account. So I am out over $100.00 plus. WORST COMPANY EVER. I cancelled my account.

alexa1501
4/24/16

I have been a customer of Gettinton for atleast 4 years and all I have to say is, PEOPLE WAKE UP, THEY ARE THE BIGGEST RIP OFF ONLINE STORE!!!

Gettington is a online store that preys on people with bad/low credit and then gives them credit to make money with a very high interest and high monthly payments which is not up to payment standards. Additionally, their so called "Sale" is all bogus!!! Their prices are already jacked up way too high (above standard market) and they say certain percentage off, which is all lie. People, you could find better, newer products and cheaper deals else where, if you are smart. They also have electronics and computers that are outdated or older models which they sell at newer model's prices!!!

If you shop with Gettington, you must be a non-intelligent person who like to throw their own money away. After couple of my own deep research of me being a Gettington customer, I have seen that they really do RIP their customers off. One advice to all, if you see something you like at Gettington, research the product, do comparisons of prices and you will see it for yourself that Gettington has older models with new model's prices, plus they have inflated pricings too. RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING FROM GETTINGTON!!!

Tip for consumers: One advice to all, if you see something you like at Gettington, research the product, do comparisons of prices, year of when model was released and you will see it for yourself that Gettington has older models with new model's prices, plus they have inflated pricings too. RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING FROM GETTINGTON!!!

cathyh39
4/13/16

worst customer service
i have a return that was sent to them they even acknowledged the package was on its way back
they will not give me credit because the post office or whoever lost it
they owe me over $200

jonis9
4/6/16

If you are not buying a name brand that you are familiar with, don't bother with this company. Very poor quality products, inflated prices.

delilaw
3/11/16

This company comes off like sugar and spice granting credit to low credit score, and when you find that you'll pay almost DOUBLE for the merchandise you ordered, You'll lose it. Please be CAREFUL as to make your payments. My initial order was 120.00. I paid over 180.00 into it and bc of late fees I still owe 240.00? WT HECK??? I WANT EVEYONE TO KNOW HOW THIS COMPANY PROFITS!!!! OFF OF THE WEAK!!! PIGS!!!

earleneo
3/3/16

worst customer service in the world. everyone you speak to is out of country. they can not resolve your issues. everything you read in the review negatively is true. serious concerns and the bbb is not credible. missing items in orders/ orders receive that is damage and package like new. account does not reflect payment. is this company a scam and why has not government gotten involve

samj76
2/23/16

i have been a customer for about a year, no complaints., will keep on shopping there.

judyc46
2/10/16

I ordered some products in the fall of 2015 and they were good . I decided to order again big mistake. First they opened an acc in my daughters name without her consent (package was sent to my daughters home) . We didn't know till she got the bill. We called to straighten it out and they told us no way. Tacked on late fees. So we did automatically withdraw and because the date they started it was after the due date they tacked on late fees every month. Customer service was very rude and didn't help. Paid it off and urge everyone not to purchase from gettington. Wish we could afford a lawyer because what they did was wrong. Please don't order from them!!!

anthonyj43
1/28/16

Both a product,I returned it and they said they credit my account and I am still waiting,l normally pay my bill two days before or on the same day,I was late one day and they charged me $22.00,no grace period, gettington is a horrible company stay away from them.

jillr34
1/26/16

Been a satisfied customer for about 6 mo. No problems. On Jan 17 I ordered a treadmill. Realized the next morning it would be too heavy for me to handle. Called Customer service on the 18th (after I checked the status of free order--not shipped yet), CS rep said no problem, order cancelled. Two days later, got email saying it was shipped. Called CS again, was told sorry, been shipped, can't be cancelled. They told me to call UPS to cancel. Called UPS, they had no record of it being shipped, only notification of the label being generated. Could not cancel. I KEPT CHECKING THE TRACKING # AND GETTINGTON.COM DIDN'T EVEN SHIP IT TILL JAN 22, When UPS did deliver it on the 25th, I refused to accept it. I think eventually, they will take the charge off Mr account, but they will charge me the $65 shipping charges..UPDATE: Tracking shows me the returned package was received by Gettington on Feb 8, and signed by someone there. Nothing shows on my account balance. When I call to find out when the charge will be removed, CAN NOT TALK TO ANYONE...ONLY AUTOMATED SELECTIONS. Returns can take up to 10 days to show on my balance. And, there is all sorts of small print in the Returns Q&A section about how they handle returns, nothing positive.

Tip for consumers: They make it extremely difficult to cancel an order! And, returning an item is just as complicated. They do nothing at all to work with a customer to be sure that the customer is satisfied.

charw1
1/23/16

I bought a bed and a grill both or broke down I grill had one screw it didn't fit and when I called them they told me there was nothing they could do about it. The bed was no good from day one I had to eventually take it down and switch my kids to regular beds to keep the beds from collapsing and killing one of them oh by the way it was a bunk bed. I don't like wasting money and this was a total waste of money i will never in life order from this company again. If I could rate it a -0000 that's what it would get.

carola64
12/25/15

excellent products. Fast delivery of orders. And several offers of free shipping. Im still Smiling

allenw27
12/23/15

I ordered 2 items but only received 1. I contacted customer service and they stated they would investigate and I would receive a response back. After 2 weeks and not hearing anything I contacted them again. They gave me the same answer with the same results. No response but still charging me. The third time I called I told them I would not be using their service anymore they did not care. It has now been 6 months they keep raising my credit limit to try and get me to use their service but I am not going to spend my money on a company that does not care to make it right. All they had to do was show that it was delivered. They lost more money by not taking care of the customer then just crediting my account or proof that it was delivered.

pamw34
12/21/15

LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AFTER PURCHASING THIS LAPTOP IT WENT "DEAD" IT WILL NOT TURN ON. I CALLED COMPANY AND THEY ASKED TO CALL WARRANTY DEPT THEN WARRANTY DEPT ASKED ME TO CALL MANUFACTURER. MANUFACTURER ASKED ME TO SHIP LAPTOP BACK AT MY EXPENSE. I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED ON RESULTS.

shirleyb49
12/17/15

I recently placed an order on 11/21 (plenty time to arrive by Christmas), it was 2 very popular items so I was glad that I was able to still order them while in stock. The promise delivery date was for 12/07. However, according to my order the items were "shipped via UPS", when I clicked on the tracking number to track the packages, It was noted that the UPS package was turned over to USPS for delivery. (Why this had happened, and WHY I was not told that the delivery would be coming from a different carrier, I'm not sure???) Well, I DID NOT RECEIVE THE PACKAGE ON 12/7 AS PROMISED! There was NO way for me to track the packages since the UPS tracking number was no longer good, since it had been turned over to USPS!
I still waited for the package to arrive thinking that there was just a delay because of the holiday season. On 12/10 I just happened to look at my account online and was SHOCKED to see that my order had been RETURNED!!!!! I could not believe it!!! When I contacted customer service online, the rep told me that the item had been returned to USPS, and they in turn returned it to Gettington. She informed me that I would need to re-order the items - well upon doing so, GUESS WHAT?!?!? THEY WERE NO LONGER IN STOCK!!!!! At this point I was livid - the rep told me to call the customer service line, which I did immediately. After 40min on the phone with a rep, all of the things the was offering my were UN-ACCEPATBLE! I found an item that was close to the returned item but there was a somewhat large price difference. After talking with the rep for 40min (he was trying to offer free shipping, which I was already getting, and $30 off of the new item, but for only 1 of them, not the 2 that I needed. I was feeing insulted and it was just UNACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE for an ERROR that was clearly Gettington's , not mine. I insisted that I speak with his manager, and after being on the phone for over 1 hour, the only thing that they were willing to give me was a total of $50.00 ($25 off of each) and again with Free Shipping. Free shipping SHOULD NOT EVEN HAD BEEN AN OFFER, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFF THE TOP!
I needed these items as they were the 1 "big" gift for each of my kids for Christmas, so instead of staying on the phone for another hour I took the deal, but was NOT HAPPY with the end result.
I find it hard to believe that this was all they were going to offer and kept on telling me that they would give me Free Shipping. Ridiculous!
I'll have to seriously think twice about ordering again from this company!

kimm124
12/5/15

I will never be ordering again.
My bill never matched my receipts that came in with the packages I went over $700 worth of items and every order was wrong discounts was not taken off free shipping was not applied so I had to go over everything one by one and I saved all the discount codes that I used along the way.
I haven't heard back from them.

royb47
12/1/15

I ordered a bunch of stuff
It came said it was all there
So I got home opened the broken smashed boxes and was missing stuff
So I called and they said no problem they sent me the missing stuff
BUT CHARGED ME EVEN MORE MONEY
NOBODY SPEAKS NOR UNDERSTANDS ENGLISH EITHER
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

tomg81
11/29/15

I've ordered from them for about 4 years without a glitch. Prices are decent if you know how to shop. Always promo codes available for discounts and free shipping. I've always received timely shipping. Even did a return on a pair of sneakers, was as painless as it gets. Typical warehouse buying service, many of them out there, I consider Gettington one of the better ones. There is always the choice of going to Walmart and getting crappy or no service, no stock and standing in lines! Amazon is a great service if you do mind overpaying?

joes509
11/24/15

First off Gettington is owned by fingerhut so that in itself is wrong. I have ordered from them three times and every time there was a problem. One time order got completely lost and never showed up and their great customer service just said keep waiting it will arrive and it never did. This last order I placed for 5 days tracking said just shipped will update once received at spee dee delivery. Contact spee dee and they say they have no such order. Come on gettington. And ttheyalso make a profit off of the shipping cost. I talked to upper management at spee dee delivery and they said yes gettington charges more for shipping than they actually charge for the items to be shipped. Scammer Alert.

luciap5
11/22/15

I've been using this company for about 6 years now. Usually around the holidays. I've never had a single issue. Usually have some kind of promo code for free shipping of discount. I rarely if ever pay for shipping and have always been pleased with my orders.

aaronc37
11/20/15

No. The reviews told me everything i need to know. Running for the hills.

rhondam23
10/5/15

I ordered 2 bras and a5 pack of underwear and they charged 27 dollars shipping ! Yes i live in the u.s.!

chriss298
9/2/15

I ordered a TV and many other items over the last 2 years. Everything has always arrived on time and in great shape. I went through a very bad divorce two years ago and Gettington has helped me replace lost items due to the divorce. I have never had an issue, and I would recommend them to everyone.

christinet22
8/12/15

Just had an agent hang up on me when I asked for a supervisor. I called back and got put on eternal hold. I am apparently on some kind of auto dialer and have received 15 calls within the last two days. No one is ever there. I am closing my account and complaining to the attorneys general in my state. Shame on you Gettington for treating paying customer so poorly.

Helpful answer

No I haven't. Just be careful with Gettington.

By Alex A. on 4/30/16
Helpful answer

Double check your order form, sometimes if something is out of stock it won't let you proceed. Look at your order and see if there's any messages at the top. Or if it's a delayed shipping they want to make sure you still want it sent look for any kind of messages usually that is what causes a delay .

By Carolyn H. on 7/25/15

Same company

By Matthew F. on 8/16/16
Helpful answer

You can call and ask them if they will allow this but I don't think they will. For the future if you see this try to cancel the order then redo it with the promo code.

By Joe S. on 11/18/15
Helpful answer

Yes they make a profit off the shipping charges also.

By Joe S. on 10/5/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Gettington staff and other customers.

Gettington?