Review of Gettington

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

judyc46
2/10/16

I ordered some products in the fall of 2015 and they were good . I decided to order again big mistake. First they opened an acc in my daughters name without her consent (package was sent to my daughters home) . We didn't know till she got the bill. We called to straighten it out and they told us no way. Tacked on late fees. So we did automatically withdraw and because the date they started it was after the due date they tacked on late fees every month. Customer service was very rude and didn't help. Paid it off and urge everyone not to purchase from gettington. Wish we could afford a lawyer because what they did was wrong. Please don't order from them!!!

anthonyj43
1/28/16

Both a product,I returned it and they said they credit my account and I am still waiting,l normally pay my bill two days before or on the same day,I was late one day and they charged me $22.00,no grace period, gettington is a horrible company stay away from them.

jillr34
1/26/16

Been a satisfied customer for about 6 mo. No problems. On Jan 17 I ordered a treadmill. Realized the next morning it would be too heavy for me to handle. Called Customer service on the 18th (after I checked the status of free order--not shipped yet), CS rep said no problem, order cancelled. Two days later, got email saying it was shipped. Called CS again, was told sorry, been shipped, can't be cancelled. They told me to call UPS to cancel. Called UPS, they had no record of it being shipped, only notification of the label being generated. Could not cancel. I KEPT CHECKING THE TRACKING # AND GETTINGTON.COM DIDN'T EVEN SHIP IT TILL JAN 22, When UPS did deliver it on the 25th, I refused to accept it. I think eventually, they will take the charge off Mr account, but they will charge me the $65 shipping charges..UPDATE: Tracking shows me the returned package was received by Gettington on Feb 8, and signed by someone there. Nothing shows on my account balance. When I call to find out when the charge will be removed, CAN NOT TALK TO ANYONE...ONLY AUTOMATED SELECTIONS. Returns can take up to 10 days to show on my balance. And, there is all sorts of small print in the Returns Q&A section about how they handle returns, nothing positive.

Tip for consumers: They make it extremely difficult to cancel an order! And, returning an item is just as complicated. They do nothing at all to work with a customer to be sure that the customer is satisfied.

charw1
1/23/16

I bought a bed and a grill both or broke down I grill had one screw it didn't fit and when I called them they told me there was nothing they could do about it. The bed was no good from day one I had to eventually take it down and switch my kids to regular beds to keep the beds from collapsing and killing one of them oh by the way it was a bunk bed. I don't like wasting money and this was a total waste of money i will never in life order from this company again. If I could rate it a -0000 that's what it would get.

carola64
12/25/15

excellent products. Fast delivery of orders. And several offers of free shipping. Im still Smiling

allenw27
12/23/15

I ordered 2 items but only received 1. I contacted customer service and they stated they would investigate and I would receive a response back. After 2 weeks and not hearing anything I contacted them again. They gave me the same answer with the same results. No response but still charging me. The third time I called I told them I would not be using their service anymore they did not care. It has now been 6 months they keep raising my credit limit to try and get me to use their service but I am not going to spend my money on a company that does not care to make it right. All they had to do was show that it was delivered. They lost more money by not taking care of the customer then just crediting my account or proof that it was delivered.

pamw34
12/21/15

LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AFTER PURCHASING THIS LAPTOP IT WENT "DEAD" IT WILL NOT TURN ON. I CALLED COMPANY AND THEY ASKED TO CALL WARRANTY DEPT THEN WARRANTY DEPT ASKED ME TO CALL MANUFACTURER. MANUFACTURER ASKED ME TO SHIP LAPTOP BACK AT MY EXPENSE. I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED ON RESULTS.

shirleyb49
12/17/15

I recently placed an order on 11/21 (plenty time to arrive by Christmas), it was 2 very popular items so I was glad that I was able to still order them while in stock. The promise delivery date was for 12/07. However, according to my order the items were "shipped via UPS", when I clicked on the tracking number to track the packages, It was noted that the UPS package was turned over to USPS for delivery. (Why this had happened, and WHY I was not told that the delivery would be coming from a different carrier, I'm not sure???) Well, I DID NOT RECEIVE THE PACKAGE ON 12/7 AS PROMISED! There was NO way for me to track the packages since the UPS tracking number was no longer good, since it had been turned over to USPS!
I still waited for the package to arrive thinking that there was just a delay because of the holiday season. On 12/10 I just happened to look at my account online and was SHOCKED to see that my order had been RETURNED!!!!! I could not believe it!!! When I contacted customer service online, the rep told me that the item had been returned to USPS, and they in turn returned it to Gettington. She informed me that I would need to re-order the items - well upon doing so, GUESS WHAT?!?!? THEY WERE NO LONGER IN STOCK!!!!! At this point I was livid - the rep told me to call the customer service line, which I did immediately. After 40min on the phone with a rep, all of the things the was offering my were UN-ACCEPATBLE! I found an item that was close to the returned item but there was a somewhat large price difference. After talking with the rep for 40min (he was trying to offer free shipping, which I was already getting, and $30 off of the new item, but for only 1 of them, not the 2 that I needed. I was feeing insulted and it was just UNACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE for an ERROR that was clearly Gettington's , not mine. I insisted that I speak with his manager, and after being on the phone for over 1 hour, the only thing that they were willing to give me was a total of $50.00 ($25 off of each) and again with Free Shipping. Free shipping SHOULD NOT EVEN HAD BEEN AN OFFER, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFF THE TOP!
I needed these items as they were the 1 "big" gift for each of my kids for Christmas, so instead of staying on the phone for another hour I took the deal, but was NOT HAPPY with the end result.
I find it hard to believe that this was all they were going to offer and kept on telling me that they would give me Free Shipping. Ridiculous!
I'll have to seriously think twice about ordering again from this company!

kimm124
12/5/15

I will never be ordering again.
My bill never matched my receipts that came in with the packages I went over $700 worth of items and every order was wrong discounts was not taken off free shipping was not applied so I had to go over everything one by one and I saved all the discount codes that I used along the way.
I haven't heard back from them.

royb47
12/1/15

I ordered a bunch of stuff
It came said it was all there
So I got home opened the broken smashed boxes and was missing stuff
So I called and they said no problem they sent me the missing stuff
BUT CHARGED ME EVEN MORE MONEY
NOBODY SPEAKS NOR UNDERSTANDS ENGLISH EITHER
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

tomg81
11/29/15

I've ordered from them for about 4 years without a glitch. Prices are decent if you know how to shop. Always promo codes available for discounts and free shipping. I've always received timely shipping. Even did a return on a pair of sneakers, was as painless as it gets. Typical warehouse buying service, many of them out there, I consider Gettington one of the better ones. There is always the choice of going to Walmart and getting crappy or no service, no stock and standing in lines! Amazon is a great service if you do mind overpaying?

joes509
11/24/15

First off Gettington is owned by fingerhut so that in itself is wrong. I have ordered from them three times and every time there was a problem. One time order got completely lost and never showed up and their great customer service just said keep waiting it will arrive and it never did. This last order I placed for 5 days tracking said just shipped will update once received at spee dee delivery. Contact spee dee and they say they have no such order. Come on gettington. And ttheyalso make a profit off of the shipping cost. I talked to upper management at spee dee delivery and they said yes gettington charges more for shipping than they actually charge for the items to be shipped. Scammer Alert.

luciap5
11/22/15

I've been using this company for about 6 years now. Usually around the holidays. I've never had a single issue. Usually have some kind of promo code for free shipping of discount. I rarely if ever pay for shipping and have always been pleased with my orders.

aaronc37
11/20/15

No. The reviews told me everything i need to know. Running for the hills.

rhondam23
10/5/15

I ordered 2 bras and a5 pack of underwear and they charged 27 dollars shipping ! Yes i live in the u.s.!

chriss298
9/2/15

I ordered a TV and many other items over the last 2 years. Everything has always arrived on time and in great shape. I went through a very bad divorce two years ago and Gettington has helped me replace lost items due to the divorce. I have never had an issue, and I would recommend them to everyone.

christinet22
8/12/15

Just had an agent hang up on me when I asked for a supervisor. I called back and got put on eternal hold. I am apparently on some kind of auto dialer and have received 15 calls within the last two days. No one is ever there. I am closing my account and complaining to the attorneys general in my state. Shame on you Gettington for treating paying customer so poorly.

debbiem43
6/22/15

I have been working on getting my credit back on track. Although it took me almost 3 yrs I am almost debt free. I got something in my email saying since my credit improved, to give them a try to see if I was approved. I felt good that I was. NOW That I have read the reviews they will be removed from my bookmark. NO WAY AM I FALLING FOR THIS TRAP. Thanks to all for the heads up on this. You cannot believe how much this has helped me. I hope they read all these reviews. This is just not right the way they are ripping off people.

sandrag30
6/13/15

I have been a loyal customer for the past two years..Granddaughter was near my computer and hit the wrong button..my payments went from $25 to $160...a month..would not work with me at all..pretty much said my problem..will be adding 38.00 per month on my bill for late payments..and the quality is not so great..made in China..when delivered..just thrown at your door.PLEASE..DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY..ITS COMPATIBLE TO FINGERHUT...BAD NEWS...

maxz3
5/1/15

We had been a customer for several years when we ordered a hot tub from them. Somehow it was put on fast pay. We called CS immediately and sorry we cannot change the pay type. Ok cancel the order it could not have shipped yet as it was done 5 minutes ago. Nope it is out at the warehouse and cannot be cancelled. Ok i will refuse it at the door... NO NO dont do that just accept it and we will set up a "special payment plan" auto payments and all. HA HA HA.....fast forward to 1 year later. we recd a "late statement saying i need to remit 1100. to come int current! What the Frack are they talkin about? Called CS and it was in charge off status and no further auto pays would be done and it was going to collections. I asked if there would offer a settlement? and they said dunno will check with super and call back, I said by friday. Fast forward to today.. still no answer but will take a settlement of 700.00 and close acct. I ask if it will still be going to a debt collector..... dunno, will ask super and get back to you next tuesday!! And they want to know where their customers are going?? CS is the worst anywhere. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

UPDATE**********
7/23/15 Gettington has come to their senses checked my account and decided that I was correct!! they have adjusted my account and credit status and will now accept payments as agreed on before this mess. Still will not purchase from them again.

dm146
4/28/15

I have been a customer for a couple of years now. I have never had an issue with products - yes shipping is slower, but everything arrived in good condition. What I DO however have a huge issue with is the most sucky, evasive, vague customer service I have ever dealt with in my life. They have even gone so far as to do unauthorized debits on our debit card and then try to spin it like "maybe someone else in the home gave authorization?" UM no.....do not use auto pay. Their customer service is so below par......it is embarrassing. I can't see them staying in buisness very much longer with such horrible and I do mean horrible service. Will never shop there again AND blocked my acct so no more suspicious activity can take place from this so called place of business. Bottom line - They SUCK!

mikes284
4/1/15

Look must people that go thru these services know what there getting in bed with.
Over priced items and low payment so they can make money on you.
Do yourself a favor and DONT over extend yourself.
If you buy something for 200$ pay it off within the month like a credit card.
At least that's what I do.
My biggest complaint with gettington is there shipping takes at least 7 and as many as 14 days to get to you. In a world where everything is FAST shipping works as slow as the old pony express days.
I am an Amazon prime user and that's the other side of the spectrum 2 days maybe I'm spoiled.

In closing if slow shipping is no biggie and you pay your bill in full gettington is great!

geralds24
3/25/15

catalogue prices do NOT match prices at checkout, which were much higher and customer service reps are English challenged !

danas28
3/5/15

I have been dealing with Gettington for about 3 years now, and I haven't had any issues with them. My orders are always prompt, and in good condition even around the holidays. They always have a great selection of merchandise. Customer service has always been pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend them if you need to pay for things over time.

angelaw39
2/4/15

I have ordered a shipment from Gettingtons and my shipment came promptly with no damage incurred. I've since ordered a Rachael Ray oil and vinegar set, and because I couldn't get a product that was in the book because they no longer have it, and I asked them why would they put an item in the book that is not available; the the rep. offered me Free shipping on my order. That was GREAT because it would have cost me $10 just to ship 2 small items. I told her that that their shipping prices were horrible! and I won't order again until I receive a book that has free shipping.

21 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gettington staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question