Review of Webs

Silver Spring, MD 20910, US
Tel: 1840530192

turnerc12
1/31/19

The only thing webs.com does is waste your time. Support is non existent, mobile version is unstable. I really can't say anything good about this company. My company is fed up and asked me to moved everything over to Godaddy.

rickd21
10/23/18

We used webs.com for our businesses and our church, it was pretty good at first. Over the last 10 years it has gone rapidly downhill. Repeated announced changes to sitebuilder and features resulted in a lot of downtime. Most of the best features are gone now for no good reason and support is unapologetic and not very useful. It is not easy to migrate sites away if webs.com holds your domain, otherwise we would move. Users tried a major petition drive to restore original features but it was ignored. There are lots of good alternatives now that weren't around when we started, pick one of those!

markr571
10/8/18

This company is costing us all money to loose us money, so much on the site does not work. Cant add new members, cant email existing ones. Class action lawsuite should be established to make these people supply a decent product.

tkk3
9/3/18

been with them for a number of years - PREMIUM USER - what a joke. I cannot invite new members to my site. I get a generic response "we are working on the problem" - how and why does a company do something like this? A JOKE

keving274
8/22/18

Renewed 5 days ago via Paypal. Payment taken and my Webs account recognises the renewal has been made BUT I have a big red notice plastered across my web site that the subscription hasn't been renewed...........
You cannot contact them by chat or phone support unless you pay them extra. You can only contact them by email.....and then wait for days for an automatic reply ignoring what you told them in the first place. Woeful
Second BAD review I've had to write about these people
I would very strongly recommend to not use them based on my continued BAD EXPERIENCES

ng44
8/7/18

Even with a Premium account (7 yrs with them), this is my experience: Lots of Downtime, Useless Support, Unreliable hosting. Worse than Rubbish. Not worth it at all !!

thanasisn
7/31/18

Payed a premium accoun and still hant beem upgraded after days...
There are not there..
its dead, they stole my money! I want my money back, how I am going to take them???

stephaniet134
7/10/18

well once again my website is not on the internet
WEBS.COM
no support
no answers
webs.com
sucks
this has happened multiple times over the last few years
webs has no Twitter support.no phone number
nothing

teris56
5/21/18

For many years Webs.com has always had technical problems, sites do not work properly or are not accessible at all. Horrible site builder. And they keep trying to get the users to upgrade to a PAID service. NO WAY would I pay for such a horrible service provider when I know that my site would not be accessible half the time.

yorid
5/9/18

I forgot to update my new credit card so when it supposed to be renewal for my domain they just took it. So when I realize my website doesnt work after 3 weeks I was told to pay $1500 for each domain and they can let me have it back. Real crooks!!! Stay away. Unless you looking to be out of business.

rejoicea
5/4/18

Horrible. No customer service. I had to do a research to find their phone number even though they stated on the site that I need to speak to a rep in order to get my refund for THEIR UNAUTHORIZED WITHDRAWAL from my funds. My institution will reverse the payment and refund the money that they stole. Btw, anyone needing to call them, it is 877--611-3285 and also sign up for gethuman.com/call-back/Webs-com ti talk to a human being. After getting my refund I am done with them forever. Please find another website hosting company. At least one with a legitimate contact info offered on the site. This one has zero customer service.I just fell upon this url and it explains why Webs.com has no customer service and all of the unauthorized automatic payments made them. The site is owned by Vista Print and Vista Print chooses not to maintain the site. It is simply on auto pilot. NO ONE WORKS THERE ANYMORE accept a few virtual assistants that do not know anything about the product and can not solve any problems because they are not the problem solvers. Vista Print is and they do not want to be bothered with the problems of webs.com, just interested in getting money from the automated unaturhorized/.STOLEN money. Therefore, I will no longer be using Vista Print either. Here''s the site: www.sitebuilderreport.com/webs-review

andreah127
3/11/18

They made a mistake in processing a monthly payment plan set up in paypal as an automatic payment. So they sent me a threatening email stating that if I didn't pay within 48 hours they would close down my website and post a nasty message. I figured they had made a mistake so responded to their email but received no reply. They closed the website with a nasty message about not paying my account, all over the front page for everybody to see. So, I removed all my content and posted another message on the front page, underneath their nasty message about the website no longer being active and have now moved to a more professional server after being with them for 6 years. Absolutely disgusting.

kevinc255
2/20/18

I pay for two websites. Today I sent them a ticket for a problem, and they have not even acknowledged receiving it. I have problem after problem trying to use this website. Today I wanted to change a theme--but the themes won't display. They have gone from okay to bad to deplorable. Every improvement ... hasn't been ... it has just made everything worse. I am getting out as soon as I decide who to go with next. They will get no more of my $$$$$. They are not even worth even a penny of your money.

keving160
1/3/18

If I could I would give Webs.com ZERO stars
They have gone from a half decent hoster at reasonable prices (still useless support) many years ago to a hoster that is far more expensive, less features and still woeful support
AVOID AT ALL COSTS - see my review below for more details -

I raised a support ticket 48 hours ago regarding a problem and replied to the email from Webs support 11 hours ago. I have now submitted 6 requests to their support
THE PROBLEM STILL REMAINS.........
i still have other web sites with Webs but are now very seriously considering hosting them all elsewhere
Webs support has always been woeful in trying to resolve
issues both in terms of time and resolution Initially (many years ago) the hosting cost was cheaper and the hosting had more useful build qualities. They are not cheap any more but the chat support you have to now pay for
My experience is based upon having hosted (and still have hosted with them) several web sites with them for longer than 10 years

Tip for consumers: My tip for people thinking of using Webs is simple - DON'T - unless you want to waste lots of time and more money

ianr63
11/27/17

Was okay (ish) for most of the time we had the free version, but needing greater storage we 'upgraded' to 'Premium' and now have a worse service!
Calendar will not update the 'Upcoming Events' on the home page properly. We have some events coming through, but not all. Customer service has been useless! Never thought upgrading would lead to a worse service!

donaleew
10/7/17

At one time Webs.com was fun, now it's a bloody nightmare. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, IT IS A VISTA PRINT PRODUCT AND IT IS GARBAGE. Over a year now nothing but ongoing problems AND ISSUES and downed wewbsite, and features disappearing, and functions not working, glitches, and site not loading. It has wasted hundreds of hours of my time trying to get help, and getting none. Support is non existent, Chat support can't help with anything. These guys are total bozos, and don't know how to fix a damn thing...

Any company would be better than this one. Sadly I am stuck with it.

davidm742
9/14/17

I am a high school German teacher. I rely on my webs.com hosted website for my classroom. Instead of being able to keep my students working and motivated in class, I have to tell them flat out that my website is down for the day or longer, and that we need to use paper copies of the work we are completing. (www.cashgerman.com)

I also run a non-profit business called the Pennsylvania Equality Project. I have been unable to update the page to the degree I would like several times over the past few months. Every time I go to either page for updates, I am reminded that webs will be updating their servers on 9/20/17 from about 2 hours. I don't need the constant reminder of what they plan to do for me in several days. I want some answers about why my pages keep getting DNS errors. I am paid up through February on my German site, and through mid-October on my non-profit page. When these agreements each expire, I am moving my business to another website hosting platform. Goodbye Webs. You won't be getting any more money from me.

janeh88
7/20/17

they are really incapable of handling anything .. stcik with go daddy site .. this is bull$#*! .. hate this bull$#*! mohamid site

peggyk22
7/6/17

I was with them for years , The site went from so so to nightmarish awful. They have MAJOR serious IT issues and horrible customer service .

frankm182
5/18/17

I pray that people see this post before they waste any of their time or money at Webs.com. It is a complete joke and should be taken down forever. The entire builder is VERY buggy, usually deleting information even though it says it saves it. even the images uploaded won't even show up half the time. The last straw was when i just typed out a couple hours of information only to see it get deleted out of nowhere and was completely irreversible even though it said it had been saved. Never again should anyone be subjected to the incompetent nature of this terrible website builder, you deserve better people. If I could I would give Webs.com a negative 1 billion stars. They probably could win an award for the worst website builder ever created. Again, please do not wast your time or money at webs.com, you will be disappointed.

Tip for consumers: It's probably the worst. Definitely avoid at all costs.

beatricea2
4/21/17

We have been using webs for years with a premium account and it used to be a good value for a decent price. Not anymore. It has become impossible to upload files, to edit files, to get anyone from tech support to give you an idea how long they might need to fix the problem - oh yes, they admit to having one, which doesn't help much either. The whole service has become so terrible that I would love to give it MINUS 10 stars.

andrewc179
4/20/17

What is happening with your web site builder. If i am lucky enough to access the editor I then cant do any thing with it, like posting HTML code onto it. Is there a problem like your going out of business or something. Use to be a damn good site and user friendly. andy-coleman.com

tracyd52
3/1/17

I have been with Webs.com since 2009 and u until about a year ago I had no problems other than the fact that they use a lot of outdated apps for their contact, blog, and calendar features. One would think that by now they would have had developers integrate social media plugin's and a means for bloggers to monetize their blogs. As it stands you would need to have a blog on another platform and then incorporate the link to that page into your website navigation. But I digress.

My real issue with webs is that they have suffered numerous lengthy outages that have taken down user website and ability to access their dashboards, without ever notifying us. I would learn my site was down by potential customers, or users of my e-blast who couldn't access content via links in my newsletters. Calling them is only accessible to their premium subscribers so the rest of us are at the mercy of their chat platform. I am not sure if Erin ad Mary are the only two employees or if those are the standard names used for their CSR's. It doesn't really matter because they rarely have anything to say other than our engineers are working on it.

Currently, users are experiencing the inability to upload images and video to their sites. I came across this issue two weeks ago when I tried to upload a photo for my newest blog. So much for keeping content current
, and by the way, this impedes my ability to to create new e-blasts. As it stands I am paying an annual subscription that I either can't access or can't utilize all of its promised features. In addition I can't use my e-newsletter service that is for the purpose of sharing content from my site.

diov4
2/26/17

No problems solved, no communication; worst customer service ever experienced.... probably going out of business and broke soon.

joannes65
2/20/17

I've been using Webs.com since I first started publishing, back in 2010 or so. They were very simple websites, but they were easy to build and it was free. I eventually paid for my own domain. But the 10 pages I used to be able to have on the free site suddenly said I couldn't go over 5, with no warning. So...I sucked it up and I paid for premium (so that I could use unlimited pages) which required me to sign up for a premium package. But I was adding the premium before my domain had expired and the started package includes a domain. So I went into their forums and specifically asked if the "free domain" I would get from the starter package could be used for my current domain. I was told, "Oh yeah, sure," that the "coupon" i get would be automatically applied to my account. But it didn't. The time came that my domain was expiring (a domain name that is now attached to every book I've published). When I inquired why this wasn't happening, the guy who emailed me back said something along the lines of, "Oh sorry, she was wrong, the coupons can only be used on NEW sites." So, I paid to keep my domain, because transferring the domain somewhere is a pain and I didn't have enough time to look into it. I still have that "free domain" coupon, because I can't use it.

Sometime last year is when I started noticing the big problems. Website pages would lag on loading, or the site would go down completely. It always came back up and I still had at least a year on my domain. But one day, the site builder stopped working. Long story short, I found they deleted the theme I only just a week prior switched, rendering it useless. Without even bothering to tell me. I found out when my website wouldn't publish.

Then the site builder went down. I couldn't even access my dashboard, let alone pay for a subscription had I wanted to. Nothing worked. And apparently it happened to hundreds of sites and the only answers we were given was along the lines of "we're working on it."

Eventually, the problem got fixed, but it went down again recently. I currently canNOT turn off my "auto-renew" on my domain (and I want to because they're not getting anymore of my money). Odd pictures just started showing up on my published website. As in, pictures that aren't even in my files. And the pictures that were supposed to be there were still in my files. It made no sense. I had to re-upload the very same pictures. Something I've had do a lot over the last couple of years.

So I went looking into their help forums. They used to leave threads telling us what problems they were noticing etc. Suddenly there are NONE of these threads. Just a very generic "help" menu. I sent them an email, telling them about the problems i was having, but heard nothing.

Also, they send me a LOT of spam when they have sale on premium packages. I'm already a premium member, yet they still send me these. At least 1 every day. Oh, and when you sign up for the premium packages, they also don't tell you that their "premium themes" don't apply to the "starter" package (which I only subscribe for so I can get unlimited pages). You have to pay for the more expensive package if you want anything other than a no-frills theme.

I have a few months left before my domain runs out next (I paid for 2 years; they never told me 1 year was possible. I only found out from other users on their FB page), but I'm going to take the time to transfer my domain somewhere else. Because the site just isn't as good as it used to be anymore and I'm sick of it. If I end up losing my domain name I'm going to be really angry.

Only by sending them the email at abuse@webs.com; support@webscom.zendesk.com - I had to contact them several times with the same problem - website frozen after a number of years being a member and even promote them. Regards - Joseph - Technology For Sick Computers

By Joseph S.

Questions? Get answers from the Webs staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Webs