Review of GoDaddy

privacy@godaddy.com
2018 Customer choice award

judyk203
1/16/20
The site is amazing ,the language is quite easy to read an navigate.Anyone would easily understand the language.
flyh
1/5/20
Fly High Digital is the best Bolton agency for Web Design and Search Marketing. In today's online world everything is going to be digital. So, SEO essential for every business which operates online. Web design is one of the most important parts of any website development. It is related to the User Interface of a website. In SEO, web design and on-page optimization should go hand in hand so that you can expect a reliable result from your website in terms of business and traffic. We also provide Solutions for SEO, web design, PPC , content writing and also provide end to end Support. An SEO-friendly website is one that allows a search engine to search and view pages across the website. Ensuring a search engine can quickly crawl and understand your content is the initial step to ensuring your visibility in the search engine result pages. We also provide the best strategies on the business unit, good services, and best-designs, strategies in the IT sector and its implementation.
vyuov
11/28/19
Customer Support is excellent!
Amazing experience using their services for the first time.
5 stars FOR SURE!
mariliac2
11/13/19
I've been a Godaddy customer for over a decade. Recently, the company has been changing fast and adopting certain predatory behaviors. On November the 4th, 2019, I received a notice that my domain expired on October the 31st because of an "invalid or expired credit card". That was a surprise since all my other domains were being auto-renewed regularly. Also, I received no notice about any attempt to charge said invalid payment method. I checked my account and indeed, the Capital One card that was subject to leak by the company and exposed me to fraud and theft was there. However, there were three other payment methods (debit and credit cards), all valid. There is a reason a customer provides several payment methods when the company allows (and encourages) this: when something happens to one, the company charges the next. That's not what Godaddy did: they cancelled my domain but they offered to retrieve it from the "parked nameservers" for a $80 fee. In my understanding, this is extorsion. Apparently, they agree with me (that this is an illegal practice) since I called them the following day, I was very clear that they would be reported in case they refused to fix the situation and indeed they fixed it immediately. On November 10, 2019, again I received an email from Godaddy about an expired product due to "invalid or expired payment method". Now they have no reason to claim that since I deleted all the other cards, leaving only my one very valid debit card on file. This is another attempt from Godaddy to inflict small damages, with small irregularities that their customer service agents are completely unsuccessful in fixing. The last one dropped the line (accidentally?) and the next one came asking for the same information. Keeping me all that time online creates a debt from Godaddy to me. I will bill them for that because there are too many red flags that this was a malicious action. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Let Godaddy choose which it is: if they pay, showing willingness to meet their damaged customers half-way, then they look good. Otherwise, they strengthen my hypothesis.
rakhim2
11/11/19
Some time this site take so much time but not so good. No response on their support. I am always need to good service .
chips44
10/28/19
Good Morning Everyone , This is Sky .. If you want a Good Service Regarding to your Website , Feel free to Message me here because i have an Offer to you Guys that includes SEO , SSL Certificate , Mobile Version & Updated Technology .
johnt1147
10/25/19
Been using GoDaddy for 15 years, have 5 accounts in various ltd company names, with over 200 domains registered. Plus, rather embarrassingly I've even recommended GoDaddy to friends over the years.

Here is my story.

At GoDaddy, my Domains have always renewed at around £10-£15 per year. Always been the case since 2004. Suddenly, from April 2019 they've been charging me £45.70 to renew! No warning just took the money, GoDaddy absolutely cannot be trusted and am now in the process of moving 200 domains to their competitors.

It's disgusting business practice and I wasted a lot of my time (6 phone calls) trying to figure out how they are getting away with scamming people well over double the renewal cost. The "service" they added was "Ultimate Domain Protection and Security" (£26.38), i did NOT consent to useless service. They said down the phone they sent me an email to add this service. REALLY? There was no such email. If they did it doesn't matter as it obviously wasn't clear enough, i have 200 domains, don't think I would have missed it

So to make this clear, they opted me in to a service I didn't want. A service which would have added over £5000 per year in charges! It makes my blood boil, and I'm so angry writing this. Luckily, I noticed this scam fairly early when looking at my bank statements, so I lost out on around £200. I guess I got of lightly considering. Of course, they are refusing to refund me any charges more than 28 days old. It doesn't matter to them that I DIDN'T PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT IN THE FIRST PLACE! Would a legit business just charge the customer for the service they didn't order?

My case is NOT unique, like I said I have 5 GoDaddy accounts, same thing happened to all of them since April 2019.

This is a money-making scheme for GoDaddy, very likely created to cover their losses since their domain privacy service become void with GDPR.

GoDaddy are treading a very fine line, no in fact they've crossed the line. I have no doubt what they are doing here is completely illegal, and sooner or later it will catch up to them. I wish them every failure moving forward. My advice do not use GoDaddy for any reason.
chitosec
10/23/19
For domain registration services, Godaddy is the best option and for other services like hosting, it's not bad.
carlosb130
10/19/19
They sound inexpensive at first. They are not! they are ridiculously expensive. Just wait for an auto-renewal, they will sneak in a nice price hike "after your promotion ended".

Terrible business model!

They charged me an "auto-renewal", and since I wasn't expecting it, I didn't check my business credit card account. I found out when I got the late fee notification by mail from the credit card company.

At times like this, that amazon AWS charges cents for hosting ... this guys at GoDaddy auto-charged me over $600 dollars for "shared hosting" (your site in the same server along with hundred others competing for resources)

Called customer service. They just made me laugh:
- they couldn't refund me because 30 days had passed. Of course! I didn't know they had charged me.
- the rep: named Landon (didn't want to provide last name) literally said: since you already (forcibly) paid for it, you might as well use it.

Just save yourself some headache. Stay away from this clown business.
noushini
10/18/19
85 minutes on the phone for updating PHP. I do not recommend GoDaddy to anyone. Their Webhosting is archaic.
emilyb403
10/18/19
Good for domain and basic services like hosting. Customer service is good if you are lucky and get a US based agent.
josephm796
10/5/19
Go daddy SEO services is a total scam . I have called in and canceled my service the 2nd day , spoke with a manager and said i will get my refund in few days , a week later no emails and they apparently working on the website. They are the worst ....never pay upfront for their seo service. they are horrible !!!!!
travd
9/30/19
I started making my small business website on Go Daddy for free! OR SO I THOUGHT... What turned out to be a free dream come true, quickly turned into a nightmare for me and my small business. YOU SAID FREE! I shouldn't have to pay to build a website that is on the internet, THE INTERNET IS A FREE PLACE FOR PEOPLE. Why do they get to see my website for free and I have to pay. Psh, Go Daddy, MORE LIKE NO DADDY! Plz no daddy, no more.
andid6
9/29/19
So glad I found fairymiss. So far, I've had nothing but a positive experience in ordering, communication, and the quality of the product. I will definitely continue to purchase.
brandonb456
9/29/19
Merci je suis très content de l'achat. S'il vous plaît, si possible, faites en sorte que je puisse rechercher l'article sur la photo. Bonne chance
phillipo13
9/29/19
Great site, I have only had positive experiences thus far and have no hesitation recommending to others
johnon
9/16/19
A quick Google of GoDaddy will show what most people really think about GoDaddy. I used them for a year or two and after many outages caused by GoDaddy's actions have dumped them. Personally I think the only good reviews are probably paid reviews, such as hostingadvice.com. Which stated "award-winning collection of experts on staff", really dunce of the class award?
As you can see from the reviews below, my experience is not a one off.
GoDaddy are now hosting spammers that use different email domains and accounts to constantly spam you.
prashantk20
9/16/19
I am satisfied with the help given to me for my lab report writing. I shared most of the data with the writer and the job was to present the data in an good format. I was happy with the report and the grade I received. Thank you, guys. Looking to work next semester.
matthewb443
8/31/19
Please do not ever use this company. They are THE WORST and will automatically sign you up for nonsensical and outdated services that do not even work. You cannot complain. Their contact pages are a deliberate maze. They will not speak to you. They lost $10million last year and are now just stealing. They must die.
cosetted1
8/27/19
This website is very useful for those persons who wants to built his own website at very cheap rates.
dannif1
8/13/19
Go Daddy have to be the worst company i have dealt with in 25 years of business. It saddens me greatly that so many small aussie businesses are going to sign up for their multi million dollar advertising and have major regrets.
They are 110% all about the dollar, they couldn't give a damn about the customer. We signed up for a 2 year hosting package ($2800), after 12 months of the worst service, we decided to move to another host Vultr (fantastic to deal with), I had to jump through a lot of hoops to seek a refund of the unpaid hosting, they tried very hard to give me an instore credit, i told them i was leaving and what use was in store credit, i didn't give up and finally got a portion approved for refund ($436) that was in May 2019, now when i chase this, i get told to ask my bank to trace it - bit hard to trace something that hasn't actually been deposited or attempted to be deposited - they haven't given me my refund.

Please go anywhere but Go Daddy for hosting or websites, they are unscrupulous and have their staff so well trained to constantly try to upgrade you - its only a matter of time before they are forced to pull out of australia, as more and more people are reporting them to the ACCC
jeanp165
7/12/19
Provides good attention to the user.
It has easy payment plans and no commission
although I think they should put a chance to acquire it for free
territ82
6/21/19
I used Go daddy for choosing a domain name for my dropshipping store. No problems at all. As I know there are some resellers but I bought a domain directly from go daddy as heard before that it will be easy for me to get a support in the future. Hope everything will be good
robertj493
6/18/19
I contracted with GoDaddy professional web design services to create a one-of-a-kind, professional website for my small business. I chose them because of their leadership presence in this area. My thinking, "If anyone can build an amazing site, I has to be GoDaddy. No one will be able to touch their quality and skill." I knew that I would pay a premium for this extra expertise."
Wow, was I wrong!!! My experience was AWFUL with Godaddy!! They sell you on the idea that they are going write copy for you, listen to your needs, and the result will be a wonderful, one-of-a-kind end-product,. NOT... I had to write every word on their Word.doc template. provide them with every detail (copy, images, layout, etc.), and then verbally review said document with my dedicated design team leader. He then forwards on the details to another group (within the design department). I had to wait 7 - 14 business days (7 day turnaround for revision, 14 day for initial development).

The 1st proof I received, it looked so amaturish, something that you would expect to see from 1980's Front Page. The designer seemed to disregard my provided content, photos and design elements. Three revisions later. the reults have not gotten any better.

I then I began asking for a refund. They don't like to hear those words... That is when the customer service gets Nasty! I asked to be transferred to a manager, and several agents, simply told me, "NO, I will not transfer you." After weeks of fighting and calling and complaining, I got a manager to phone me back, and he too, told me "No" to a refund. I disputed the charge with my credit card company. And because GoDaddy has not refused to continue to design my site, it was the credit card company's decision that GoDaddy is honoring their terms and conditions. GoDaddy's terms and conditions states nothing about what it is going to do for the Customer, and in what timeframe. I lossed the dispute.

I then went back to Godaddy, and continued with the design process. 7 months later, my site is published, and they are done with my site. Currently, I still have Latin text on it from the original website template. I am now in search of a designer fix this mess.

Whatever you do, learn from my mistake. Do Not waste your hard-earned money, and have GoDaddy build your website. I cannot give GoDaddy less than 1 star. If I could, I would give them -$2,756.00 stars!!!
josephineg20
6/18/19
Godaddy is one of the best domain name provider having lot of extensions. The migration was totally done professional and the tech team was really good to clear all the queries quickly.
178 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

By matthew b.

Questions? Get answers from the GoDaddy staff and other customers.

2 Photos for GoDaddy