Review of GoDaddy

privacy@godaddy.com
2018 Customer choice award

albertusg
12/3/18

GoDaddy has some nice choices of domain names with interesting extensions that can be used quite creatively. Prices aren't super great.

michaelk843
10/30/18

GODADDY IS PURE $#/+. Built a website and email w them and spent over 5k on it. Godaddy decided to delete my products without backing up my site. Rude cusyomer support made it even harder to deal with them. They are numerous alternative to them. If you want to lose time and money then buy their product.Lost customers,lots of them due to the incompetent work from godaddy.

symbolict
10/9/18

I purchased a domain above GoDaddy. It is not very cheap. I can not always get help over the phone or live chat for the first time. Godaddy support system is very bad. My website is symbolicteam.com. Anyone can visit my website. Thanks very much????

kofoworolag1
9/13/18

They asked for my passport when I wanted to pay for hosting. I cannot submit my info to random strangers.

davidz105
9/6/18

I am using godaddy since I was 18 and I found its a best domain registrar I got so far. 100% recommended.

toma318
8/17/18

Very bad customer service, terrible response time, poor level of technical staff.
Very rude and unprofessional.
VERY SAD:(

alicec149
8/8/18

I had a bad experience with godaddy, I was searching a domain which does not cost much and I plan to setup website on it but guess what the next day I check the domain again on godaddy the price are very high even it become premium domain within one night!

orhand1
7/31/18

I have been a godaddy customer since 2012. Last week couldnt log into my webmail because my card info was obsolete and after giving my accual creditcard webmail was live again. But all my 6 years of work mails were missing. After 2 livechats and 8 local phone calls they said there was a mistake and we have deleted all your mails. My package is called "premium bussiness email". what a joke :)
General customer experience in a nutshell:
Felt like complaining to a soviet state company in the sixties. You have to wait for 45 minutes on the line until the rep gets back to you with a blunt feedback. Nobody tracks your complaint after you shutdown, No written record, no complaint emailing. If you are lucky to find a "live chat" button on the godaddy page it is like hitting the lottery because it appears and dissapers. Now they generously granted me one year free subscription to compensate their disability to do their core bussiness.

williamb724
7/27/18

Didn't care i have disability and was trying hard to make my payment. After three years they refused to give me extension. That was after they auto billed me for one product without my permission.

davidr930
7/23/18

Go Daddy is good ...taking domain from go daddy :) I took my following domains from Go daddy
www.routexp.com
www.networksbaseline.com

stevenm372
7/8/18

I was with another web host for three years and the last few months were awful. I switched to GoDaddy and the experience has been great. Their tech support is 24/7, which my old host was not, and they have been able to address my questions and concerns.

graemec14
5/24/18

I was GoDaddy customer but because of hidden pricing I left. They have a lot of hidden price for domain, like renewal of domain is higher then actual cost.

yorid
5/11/18

The only place to get success.!!! Top notch;))
So happy with my choice. This guys never let you down.

erici12
4/27/18

It is very hard to get rid of a privacy account when renewing. It is like they don't want to let you save that money or something. Not sure I understand why they have it set up like they do.

eltonb24
4/25/18

They are providing worst customer care I have ever gone through. Instead of hearing our complaints, they interested only to make us proceed to make payment.

jafferm
4/11/18

I purchased a domain and it did not appear in my products list. I contact the CS and they respond 4 days later saying that the order was cancelled and I will be refunded in 7 days. I purchase the same domain again since it indicates that it is available and the exact same thing happens. AVOID AVOID AVOID this people.

kayleen15
3/13/18

This is my second purchase of domain from them and everything is great. I made my gorgeous website from scratch and believe me everything is easy and fun. They offer many awesome templates too that will surely make your site look stunning.

geob24
3/12/18

I consistently register my domain name thru GoDaddy because its easy and priced right. Have tried others but they didnt measure up.

darlah8
2/27/18

Horrible Horrible Horrible service. They are rude, they want some person who has NO technical knowledge to be the "go between" just repeating conversations with no idea what they are talking about, then if you ask to talk to that person they will just literally transfer you back to the main number. After they have done this enough times to make you want to tear your hair out, they are absolutely MONSTROUS if you express ANY frustration. Please do yourself and your physical and mental health a favor - find someone else to purchase your services through.

Tip for consumers: Seriously just don't do it. I tried them at a different school district 12 years ago and this time I REALLY thought they had to get better. They didn't. They got worse.

kevinh199
11/29/17

I had my domain with them and decided to close the business. I go into the manage account and turn off the auto renewal and get a confirmation that is is off. I go back in and check to make sure and it is off. 3 to 4 months later I get a charge from them on an account I don't use anymore and do not put money into. I only found out since the bank sent me a notice and when I call godaddy they say it is a protected account and that the auto renewal should not have come off like that but it did not show up that way and they renewed my account but would not refund the money. They were more than happy to delete the account now that I called and keep my money.

alexs480
10/23/17

Buyer beware. They advertise all kinds of perks on the phone that they later tell you are not included or possible. They took 6+ weeks and could not come up with a draft of my site. Finally sent me a draft link which never worked and showed the icon and logo of a completely different company. Now arguing with them to refund the $2,000 they pre-charged my card.

Much better to go with Shopify.

aaaravv
10/17/17

Another, and one of the best out there (if you lack the initial skills) site hosting places. I agree there are lots of sites that somehow can scam, but is the platform guilty of that? I think not. Imperfect but still worth using.

gregh93
10/6/17

If you're looking for a good service for Wordpress then you need to look elsewhere. On hold 20-30 mins ever time I called and did nothing for me only try to tell me what i needed for my business and emails telling me how to set up my website, I paid over 2500 for them to do!!! Not sure what the money went for.....

mp62
8/17/17

As a LONGTIME CUSTOMER...I am sharing what I learned... hoping it will help someone.
1. Make sure you have 7 days and at least 3 hours a day to complete your domain renewal.
2. Be prepared to speak with at least 3 customer service representatives. You may be cutoff or line dropped and you will not receive a call back.
3. You will not receive notification that your account was debited until it is debited.
4. Once your account is debited, you cannot cancel. Do not ask for a refund. It is too late. And you will not receive it. ONLY in special circumstances might you receive one.
5. If you do not have a GODADDY coupon sent FROM GODADDY, do not ask for the 30% discount. Be prepared to be told over and over again (hours worth) about how online coupons workand in my case did not work.
6. Do not ask for anything. You will not get it UNTIL you decide to call and cancel your domain. (BECAUSE you can TRANSFER YOUR DOMAIN TO ANOTHER COMPANY if you do it within 30 days of domain expiration.) When you cancel with GODADDY, you will get whatever you want INCLUDING THE 30% DISCOUNT COUPONS FROM GODADDY which will come in the mail.)

SOLUTION: Find another domain renewal company immediately. Call and cancel your domain with GODADDY. Ask for them for a transfer authorization code. Be vigilant and track the transfer process in your account to speed along the transfer process.

Tip for consumers: Find another domain renewal company! I paid $7.39 with a coupon:)

kenm146
8/6/17

What a rip off! Totally screwed by GoDaddy. Paid for their service and have been mislead, misinformed, and flat out lied to by customer service. After a month of being jerked around I asked today's supervisor named Caleb who I could speak with to lodge a complaint with and he said, no one. I asked him how he was gong to handle the misinformation I previously received, he sent me an email on a totally unrelated subject. GoDaddy just plain sucks

178 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

After reading all of the horrible reviews, you're actually considering using a GoDaddy product?

By Mark R.

Questions? Get answers from the GoDaddy staff and other customers.

2 Photos for GoDaddy