OnlineCityTickets reviews

Seaford, DE 19973, US
support@onlinecitytickets.com

lindaj329
7/19/19

Dont do it! Not ticket master, didn't mind paying for what I thought I would get, didn't realize this is middleman, didn't get what promised, ridiculously overpaid! Scam, still mad.

csg1
7/18/19

Losing our tickets was one thing, but I've never had such poor customer service.

First, we ordered our tickets months in advance. They never came in the mail. OnlineCityTickets never notified us of attempted delivery, of failure to deliver, or of loss.

Second, they *kind of* attempted to reissue them but did not, apparently because the originally seller would not or could not. Internally, the Customer Service Department does not handle contact with sellers (so couldn't give me info), but would not connect me to their Box Office Department, either to give me the seller's name or to communicate to me what steps had been taken to try to reissue the tickets (all the CSD could say was that they were unable to reissue the tickets). Neither would they connect me with a manager or give me any way to escalate the problem.

Third, throughout the experience, both individuals were rude and dismissive. They never apologized for our inconvenience (we had someone fly out for the show as a mother's day present and this all happened the day of the show--and given this, I went out of my way not to yell).

Fourth, they couldn't tell me what happened to the tickets after they reported the loss (i.e., were they void or valid and floating around somewhere, could we try to claim the presumably empty seats, could the originally seller have simply resold the tickets?). I asked two men, who gave two completely inconsistent answers, and it was clear that they had a script, which they kept repeating to me (literally saying, "I repeat").

In sum, I'm sure the company is fine when things go smoothly, but ultimately they are a third party seller who buys from other third party sellers and who has no control over the tickets they sell. That's hardly unique. But they have uniquely poor internal policies and customer service department. They'll just cut you a reimbursement check and call it a day. So don't use them for any shows you would be upset missing.

timm734
7/17/19

Way overpriced surcharges were twice as much as tickets. Didn't get tickets on date stated. Had to call and get them sent on day of event

drb78
Dr B.
7/15/19

I purchased tickets to Pentatonix last December and the tickets were not accepted. I had to purchase more tickets at the door in order to gain entrance. Onlinecitytickets has never reimbursed me for the fake tickets.

ronaldc103
Ronald C.
7/15/19

you can choose where you sit and the price of other areas before you purchase the tickets. very easy to use and I will definitely use this sight again.

barbaraw228
Barbara W.
7/14/19

This is an easy site to maneuver; however, I prefer to reserve full 5 stars after I actually receive my tickets.

megang149
Megan G.
7/13/19

Not a tech person, this was easy. I'm concerned about getting in. I wonder how you'd handle it if someone's phone dies easily like mine does.

edwinn16
Edwin N.
7/13/19

There is an inadequate explanation for "flash seats". I still don't know what that means. Will the ticket come electronically or be delivered or be at "will call". I have no idea.

ceek3
Cee K.
7/13/19

There is a discrepancy between the tickets sale and what is ultimately what is presented to be the final purchase charge. If I had not heard about this today and was pressed for time. I'd definitely not buy from this website. It borders price gorging

eddieb88
eddie b.
7/12/19

not a fan of not getting physical tics and getting charged 7.50 for a convenience fee when it was not convenient....other wise it was adequate I guess....

harrys229
Harry S.
7/12/19

System too sensitive about billing issues. I understand about security but it does not make it user friendly. Also, the map you use for seating is not very clear to customer buying tickets. Actually very confusing to customers how do not frequent your establishment.

johnd2394
John D.
7/11/19

It kinda hard to make a review until after I’ve got the tickets and went to the show with no issues.

lyndap54
Lynda P.
7/11/19

The idea of getting my tickets later on a separate site, that being flash seats, is quite disconcerting! I sincerely fear a scam.

rf200
R F.
7/11/19

This survey is a little premature. I won't know if I like it until I get into the show in October. But so far it seemed smooth.

dianam307
Diana M.
7/9/19

So far so good. But I have not received the actual ticket and its very close to the date and I'm getting nervous. I should 've received it by now. Not so close to the date of the show.

nealw29
Neal W.
7/9/19

First time using and buying the tickets went smoothly. However, immediately after I purchased the tickets I received an add/info I could buy them at a 15% discount. Wasn't very happy about that.

francesh115
Frances H.
7/9/19

Well apparently because my gmail address didn't match. Had to type it in again. They increased the fee by 3.99. I better not be charge both times. This was my first time using this site.

mariag398
MARIA G.
7/9/19

I thought I bought tickets a long time ago and they never showed up not sure if I finished my transaction I have a screen shot so I just bought more tickets and now I have to go back to my records . Can you help me with this?

kathleeng47
Kathleen G.
7/9/19

You offered a better seat and price than Ticketmaster. I was comparing pricing at the same time for the same section. Thank you!

michaelh501
Michael H.
7/9/19

This is my 2nd order. Love the ease. The one thing I would like to see is actual seat - not just section & row.

ericl304
Eric L.
7/9/19

I punched 3 tickets for the same concert on April 5th Order number 26483524 and had a extra person want to go so I punched another today. Is there a way that when you assign seats that you would be able to seat all 4 together? Eric 303-319-531

robink177
Robin K.
7/8/19

Ordering tickets was quick and easy. Would definitely be using Online City Tickets again and recommending it to all my friends.

luker65
Luke R.
7/7/19

I think the service fees are slimy and you should list that clearly before you sneak them into the cart.

miket142
Mike T.
7/7/19

Quick and easy. Electronic transfer adds a large amount to the purchase but notified at the most opportune time.

carlyssiay
Carlyssia Y.
7/6/19

This is my first time using this site. My low rating is based upon the authenticity and accuracy of me getting my tickets and getting the seat I paid for.

In my case, they sent e-mail that the tickets would be forthcoming. When I failed to receive them the week before the concert, per e-mail download as promised, I called their #, the person on the other end told me that it was will-call at the box-office with the copy of the e-mail I needed to bring. The box office told me that as a 2nd line seller, they did not keep them there. When I called to ask why they did this to me and demanded re-imbursal, they sent the tickets per e-mail download THE DAY AFTER THE CONCERT. They tried to cover their tracks with the credit card company, the problem for them was that the time stamp of their sending the tickets reflected the day after the concert. So essentially, they are not even competent as rip-off artists.

By Max W.

So sorry to hear you have been conned by this outfit. Apparently sometimes they DO send valid tickets, so I hope you are one of the lucky ones. I suggest you tell your credit card company (by phone and IN WRITING) that you are disputing this charge. Also tell everyone you know to avoid this rip-off company. I know this doesnt help you now, but in the future buy tickets only from Ticketmaster (I've never had a problem with them). Good luck.

By jade j.

i couldn't even open the download so I called the number and all I got was an answering system to send email and I did but no reply from them so the next day a call about 50 times until I got someone. After getting transferred to 3 different people and waiting about an hour for the supervisor the guy told me no refunds are allowed but money is 100% guarantee if it doesn't work at the time of the event. So I'm praying to God they are good the event isn't until the end of November

By Antonia v.

They are scoundrels. I know where their office is and went by there recently. I am laying out a plan.

By Peter C.

You will get your tickets, but they will likely have someone else's name printed on them. Worst of all, they will most likely not be honored at the gate/box office. My advice is to get a refund NOW and buy tickets from a reputable outlet like Ticketmaster. City Online are thieves and scammers. See my review about James Taylor concert in Norfolk, Virginia.

By Dennis N.

If you have already purchased your tickets from this outfit, good luck. They sent me tickets for a concert in Tennessee and I asked for and live in Florida. They said it was MY mistake and that I asked for TN. They supposedly tried to resell the tickets and couldn't so I was out $300.00 for two tickets. They have something like 130 complaints and are a scam outfit. Next time order elsewhere and good luck with these tickets.

By Geraldine S.

I just cancelled my order because they never sent the tickets. At least you got yours so maybe they will be okay. I would call the arena where the event will be and ask them how many issues they have had with this company. I emailed five times and they always sent an automated response back. Then, when I was in a meeting at work they finally called and the number just read, "33333" when they called me. No return phone number...very strange. They left a message to call them so I did immediately after my meeting (15 minutes)...the automated system was up and did not allow me to speak with a person. Thus far, I have never spoken to a real person when I call their number. I disputed the purchase, got my money back and bought tickets for much less at StubHub. I was surprised because my last tickets at Stubhub were kind of expensive....but these tickets (McCartney) were not too crazy expensive. Anyway, best of luck, and I would make a back up plan.

By ann d.

Yes Ann, you will get your tickets. You just over paid by a HUGE amount....but other then that, the company is legit. They are just robbers the way they do it....thats all. Have a good time and yes, at least now you learned a lesson (like all of us on this site) ;-)

By Shelley M.

Contact the venue, give them all the details on the tickets received and verify if U will be able to legitimately use the tickets, considering the issues with this company that are so overwhelming. My experience reviewing all the people who describe their issues with them is that even if the tickets are usable, the overpayment is so excessive that it would have been better dealing with the regular ticket outlet for the venue.

By Max W.

1/15/19 Panic At The Disco....$477 worth of VIP tickets and denied access! Buyer BEWARE!

By Stacy A.
Questions? Get answers from the OnlineCityTickets staff and other customers.

OnlineCityTickets?