OnlineCityTickets reviews

Seaford, DE 19973, US
support@onlinecitytickets.com

jaymel4
11/14/18

I mistakenly ordered one instead of two tickets online and immediately called to purchase a second. I was ordering 7months in advance and was even told there were plenty of tickets available. However they would not guarantee me a seat next to my 8 year old daughter. They recommended that I get the second seat and just hope that other patrons would be okay with switching places the day of the event. It was also suggested to me to purchase 2 tickets and try to sell the 3rd one on my own. When I inquired the ticket price increased by $50. May I remind you this was for an event 7 months out. I was very upfront and truthful about the situation. Im sorry I can not afford to purchase an extra $250 ticket. Steer Clear of this online service.

patb323
11/14/18

I'll admit, using them was my error. I thought they were affiliated with the venue. I ordered these tickets in July for a November 18th show. Do I have those tickets? NO!!! They "assure" (via phone tree, I don't think there are any people working there unless you are buying) that your tickets will be delivered in time for the event. Guaranteed. How hard is it to email a ticket? NEVER AGAIN! They can't even tell you the face value of the ticket. They send you a lump sum bill. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!!!

vanessam145
11/13/18

Buyer Beware! I bought 3 tickets for $177 with a $7 shipping fee, so i was thinking it'd be $375 max, though because I was an idiot and clicked to check out while I was reading the purchase summary I didn't notice the $100 convenience fees added on at the last second. Now I'm on hold for an hour (so far) trying to figure out how to cancel my tickets. Additional fees are not mentioned anywhere throughout the checkout process, although the refund policy is "No, since we are a ticket resale marketplace, all sales are final. Please make sure you are buying the tickets you want, for the correct event and date before you click Place Order."

kerid15
11/12/18

Scam company. Beware. Not only was I charged more than $120.00 more than my agreed upon price and was provided a bill without any breakdown of the extra fees, the show I paid for was cancelled by the artist and...? They will not refund the money! This was after 2 hours on the phone trying to find an actual human on the other end.

phillipm101
11/12/18

I bought 4 tickets at $267.00 each. I figured the bill would be ABOUT $1060 (4 X 267) assuming there would be some kind of tax or handling fee added. There was no mention of Service Fee during the order process. I paid through PayPal and was immediately informed by PayPal that I had paid $1400.71. (32% more that the stated price). I immediately contacted OnLineCityTickets via Chat and the kindly sent me a breakdown that showed a SERVICE FEE of $325! ($81.25 per ticket or 30% Serve Fee). BEWARE!

patricias572
11/12/18

The person who took my order was good but the seats were terrible. Right in front of us was a big square and so we couldn't see well and everyone was standing at stairs blocking our view

fatemeha3
11/9/18

They take no responsibility for changing of the dates on last minute and then make it your responsibility to find somebody to buy the tickets it is a total rip off
We got ripped off by them over Ed Sheeran concert in Milwaukee this is not a company that can be trusted whatsoever

jamesb1338
11/8/18

So I'm going to choose my words quite carefully here. I've read a lot of negative whining about the prices charged for tickets from this website. This is unjustified in my view. The person I spoke to was completely upfront about the charges, my card was charged exactly what I was quoted, and it was my choice to buy. If you don't like the price then don't buy. I can't say I'm generally in favour of this kind of business, but then I don't like Ticketmaster's stranglehold on events either, and OnlineCity provided a service to me when I needed it, and provided it with excellence. I missed my chance to get tickets through more legitimate means, and they got me into a concert I was desperate to attend at a not unreasonable cost. The website is easy to navigate and I was delighted with the service provided. They are what they are, people; scalpers/touts with a website. If you are okay with that then they may be your best option in a tight spot, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

carolynu3
Carolyn U.
11/7/18

The price was good. This is a Christmas gift for my granddaughter; she a big country music fan and loves Carrie Underwood and Maddie and Tae.

maryh474
Mary H.
11/7/18

theatre is a medium that is so valued and worthy; it is increasingly priced out of reach for so many and my recent purchase with all the added fees is a hardship - I am not happy with the on line purchasing experience. Only follow up if I can receive any savings on this purchase via promo code or discounts.

christinah142
Christina H.
11/7/18

Good, just wish I had the option to print out the ticket instead of getting it shipped and spend so much more on shipping.

anonymousk206
anonymous K.
11/7/18

Difficult with entry data and time consuming process. card rejected 3 times before accepted. finally accepted so I know card was ok.

sherid23
Sheri D.
11/7/18

This will be the first time I bought tickets to sit in the suite. I hope they’re worth it because it’s a surprise for my daughter. I hate buying tickets and the seats suck.

raschidat
Raschida T.
11/7/18

I hope my husband and I have a great time. My first time using this site. Hope our date is successful and not stressful.

johnw1021
John W.
11/7/18

I found it very easy to find and select my seats and the pricing was very straightforward and convenient.

larrelo
Larrel O.
11/7/18

My tickets were $99.00 each, but by the time I was done it was $255.00. Maybe it was because of the insurance I bought? No breakdown on my cost?

ericsone1
Ericson E.
11/7/18

I wish your service charge wasn't as high after the ticket was resold at a higher price already. But thanks, my husband is happy.

chelseag40
Chelsea G.
11/7/18

Requiring me to type words to you is utter insanity. This is part of the reason you deserve a one-star or a two star at the very best

catherineb201
Catherine B.
11/7/18

Wish service charges weren't so much... and prices for the show sure went up. A month ago I price these tickets at $85 each. Wow

tammyd123
Tammy D.
11/7/18

It is unfortunate that tickets are only available through independent distributors, which drives the price up compared to what a box office purchase would be.

emilyb276
Emily B.
11/7/18

The service fee seems high. It seems like it should have been included in the ticket price so I didn’t get that shock at the end. I shopped other sites and you still beat their prices even with the service fees, so that’s why I finished my purchase with you.

anonymousr211
anonymous R.
11/7/18

It makes me unhappy that you guys buy tickets & charge TWICE OR THREE TIMES THE VALUE. SCALPERS basically, but you know we'll pay it as we can't get good tickets otherwise.

anthonyz21
Anthony Z.
11/7/18

It was good, however my concern is why does the cost is only in USD when the event is in Canada; shouldn't there also be CAD pricing too.?

ginnieu
Ginnie U.
11/7/18

I would like to see the ticket numbers associated so I could see where I will be sitting before I purchase them.

sharonb271
Sharon B.
11/7/18

Your prices are so high! And I do not know exactly which seats I have purchased. I have some tickets already, purchased directly from the theater and they were 28.75 cheaper and I selected the row and seats I wanted. Additional family are attending and I needed 3 more seats. I wanted to be in row F - I already have seats 102 -116, This isn't my best ticket buying experience.

In my case, they sent e-mail that the tickets would be forthcoming. When I failed to receive them the week before the concert, per e-mail download as promised, I called their #, the person on the other end told me that it was will-call at the box-office with the copy of the e-mail I needed to bring. The box office told me that as a 2nd line seller, they did not keep them there. When I called to ask why they did this to me and demanded re-imbursal, they sent the tickets per e-mail download THE DAY AFTER THE CONCERT. They tried to cover their tracks with the credit card company, the problem for them was that the time stamp of their sending the tickets reflected the day after the concert. So essentially, they are not even competent as rip-off artists.

By Max W.

So sorry to hear you have been conned by this outfit. Apparently sometimes they DO send valid tickets, so I hope you are one of the lucky ones. I suggest you tell your credit card company (by phone and IN WRITING) that you are disputing this charge. Also tell everyone you know to avoid this rip-off company. I know this doesnt help you now, but in the future buy tickets only from Ticketmaster (I've never had a problem with them). Good luck.

By jade j.

i couldn't even open the download so I called the number and all I got was an answering system to send email and I did but no reply from them so the next day a call about 50 times until I got someone. After getting transferred to 3 different people and waiting about an hour for the supervisor the guy told me no refunds are allowed but money is 100% guarantee if it doesn't work at the time of the event. So I'm praying to God they are good the event isn't until the end of November

By Antonia v.

They are scoundrels. I know where their office is and went by there recently. I am laying out a plan.

By Peter C.

You will get your tickets, but they will likely have someone else's name printed on them. Worst of all, they will most likely not be honored at the gate/box office. My advice is to get a refund NOW and buy tickets from a reputable outlet like Ticketmaster. City Online are thieves and scammers. See my review about James Taylor concert in Norfolk, Virginia.

By Dennis N.

If you have already purchased your tickets from this outfit, good luck. They sent me tickets for a concert in Tennessee and I asked for and live in Florida. They said it was MY mistake and that I asked for TN. They supposedly tried to resell the tickets and couldn't so I was out $300.00 for two tickets. They have something like 130 complaints and are a scam outfit. Next time order elsewhere and good luck with these tickets.

By Geraldine S.

I just cancelled my order because they never sent the tickets. At least you got yours so maybe they will be okay. I would call the arena where the event will be and ask them how many issues they have had with this company. I emailed five times and they always sent an automated response back. Then, when I was in a meeting at work they finally called and the number just read, "33333" when they called me. No return phone number...very strange. They left a message to call them so I did immediately after my meeting (15 minutes)...the automated system was up and did not allow me to speak with a person. Thus far, I have never spoken to a real person when I call their number. I disputed the purchase, got my money back and bought tickets for much less at StubHub. I was surprised because my last tickets at Stubhub were kind of expensive....but these tickets (McCartney) were not too crazy expensive. Anyway, best of luck, and I would make a back up plan.

By ann d.

Yes Ann, you will get your tickets. You just over paid by a HUGE amount....but other then that, the company is legit. They are just robbers the way they do it....thats all. Have a good time and yes, at least now you learned a lesson (like all of us on this site) ;-)

By Shelley M.

Contact the venue, give them all the details on the tickets received and verify if U will be able to legitimately use the tickets, considering the issues with this company that are so overwhelming. My experience reviewing all the people who describe their issues with them is that even if the tickets are usable, the overpayment is so excessive that it would have been better dealing with the regular ticket outlet for the venue.

By Max W.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you won't know if your tickets are good until they are scanned at the actual venue. I purchased 4 tickets for a 9/18/15 Ed Sheeran concert in Ohio and 2 of them were NOT good/authentic. Just awful. I purchased the tickets like 3 months in advance. I'm filing a complaint with my credit card company because you cannot get in touch with a "live" person at onlinecitytickets.com. BUYER BEWARE!

By shannon m.
Questions? Get answers from the OnlineCityTickets staff and other customers.

OnlineCityTickets?