Review of Kogan.com

Tel: 1300 304 292
support@kogan.com.au

kl305
12/7/19
I ordered a Kogan brand laptop, which began to malfunction within days of arrival via post. I contacted support via email to enact the 14-day Change of Mind returns policy. They lied and said it only applied to technical issues. After days of delays, they gave me a return ticket and I returned the laptop in the mail. I was told I would be contacted to discuss suitable and preferable solutions. Instead, I was just sent the exact same laptop with my customizations and the issues were not resolved as it malfunctioned within fifteen minutes. Kogan is making it as difficult as possible to get a refund.
stevom3
12/2/19
A huge word of warning for anyone purchasing from Kogan. Do your do diligence and check sites like this one, because the word quality does not even appear in Kogan's mission statement. Having bought many products from Kogan the expectation that it will perform any longer than their warranty period will likely be a longshot and getting any compensation, spare parts or replacement after 12 months is impossible. I have 2 Soniq big screen TVs, 2 air conditioning units, an action camera, and a Combo 5 in 1 Scanner that either just made it past 12 months before developing faults that rendered them inoperable, or they were vastly inferior products to start with. The Combo scanner I used just once and the quality of the scan was worse than a cheap $30 printer scanner... the action camera, purchased as a a gift never worked and embarassed me when the recipient told me it had a fault and couldn't use it. The run around to try and replace or get a refund for these faulty products a waste of time. Kogan quality is poor at best. You have been warned.
georgea336
11/28/19
Kogan does not care about it customers once purchase is completed. My new bed that I had ordered was dumped in front of my property. So much for delivery care.
Their delivery company for large items is appalling. I shall never purchase from Kogan again.
louisa82
11/22/19
Bought a toy and it says there is 14 days free trial for first kogan membership which offer free shipping. I went ahead and order it and the total payment showed the cost of the toy with free payment. I went ahead and pay for it with my credit card. I received an email for my order and was charged with with additional amount of $99 and it was for the first kogan membership. Within one hour of my order I emailed them to say that the only reason I ordered the toy was because of the free delivery. And if there was no free delivery please cancel my toy and also the $99 membership that I didn't sign on. The next morning they acknowledge my complaint with a reference number. Then someone emailed emailed me that the 14day free trial was over and it shouldn't have been there and it was all a confusion. And still they refused to refund me the membership until I threatened to report them. I thought that everything was settled until I received another email to say that they are only refunding part of the membership and I had to pay postage for the toy. Told them that in my early email I specified that if they cannot give me free postage my order is to be cancel. They then come back and say that it cannot be done as the toy as been delivered and left at a safe place. Have told them to go and get back from where they left it as I am not touching it. They have now refuse to answer my email and there is no other way to contact them. Calling themselves a Australian owned company based in Melbourne and ripping off fellow Australians is just not right. Keep away from them no matter how cheap they may be. Go and look at their reviews on Choice. They came in top with the most complaints as yet the owner has the cheek to say that compare with their sales it is ok. My advice is KEEP OFF KOGAN THEY ARE CHEATS.
samarthl
11/20/19
I have bought a KOGAN brand laptop, it arrived very quickly. As soon as I open I realise the cheap quality and put a request for return and refund within 2 hours of getting it for a followed reason:
- Extremely slow processor
- Made of cheap plastic
- A Mouse has a terrible touchpad (Have to click multiple times, sensors are also Kogan quality (Bad).
- Camera quality is extremely poor (like NOKIA's first-generation phone cam)
- Speakers are very low volume. (with full volume its 24dB - 28dB) that's less than the volume of a Kmart fan ;-)

How do I suppose to know about all these issues without buying it?

and Kogan refuses to refund in full instead they offering me a store credit and also asking me to pay for the return.

All I have is REGRET after feels like cheated by KOGAN, most probably we will end up going tp ACCC.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY IT

jessem207
11/18/19
Kogan are terrible. I purchased a robo vacuum from them. It went faulty within 2 weeks. I packed it up sent it back and about 2 weeks later they sent me a new one which also went faulty with the same problem within 2 weeks. I have since read other people are having the same problem with this vacuum. Kogan keep selling it even though it's known to likely have this problem. They won't refund my money or provide me with one that doesn't have this problem. Warning guys - don't buy it. It use to be 349.00 Now It is 199.00. They are trying to get rid of them obviously. Model name is below.

smarterhome-r40-smart-robot-vacuum
kevinb858
10/26/19
Bought a $29 product and got charged $99 2 weeks later with no warning or notice for a subscription I don't understand.

I contacted them a day after they took the money from my card and they told me I should have read the terms and conditions.

Stick to amazon, these guys are crooks - I'm taking this to the ACCC
rogerc224
10/7/19
All good so far.
Once an item did not turn up (multiple items in 1 purchase). They 're-sent' the missing item.
ashleyn108
9/17/19
Bought a TV from Kogan - it arrived and immediately did not work. Emailed the only customer service line they seem to have which informed me of the lengthy returns process - including boxing it up, printing off documents and taking it to the post office for them to 14 days to 'review' it. Absolutely terrible product, company and service. Do not recommend buying anything from them.
chrisp572
9/2/19
Bought a new fancy racing chair, been shopping Kogan for a while.
What arrived A BEDSIDE TABLE.!!!
Kogan won't send the item I bought by courier and collect the mistake they made. NO
I have to print labels, travel with the heavy item into town and post it back.
THEN WAIT for them to check it (unopened as I didn't order it) then they will send(so they say) what I ordered.
NOT only do I incur costs I also have to wait way longer to get what I ordered.
Customer Service is failing dismally at kogan losing me and many other customers.
Ruslan Kogan, should care more about customer satisfaction, not doing the right thing and putting out customers is losing more than the cost of fixing it.
sofiana4
8/26/19
i buy bought SONY phone and it was terrible. I payed for 5 years warranty. wanted to cost me 110$ for back glass cover
leechieyl
8/23/19
2 week and still no info about where my ordered item iphone is? very bad experience buying online from kogan.
katea89
8/14/19
I was stupid enough to buy a small smart $400 LED TV for my bedroom from Kogan. All in the interests of 'saving' a few hundred dollars. TV arrives, husband puts the wall bracket up and then the TV. We turn it on and all it works - however there is awful background high pitched buzzing... like there is a large mossie in the room. Given we have a small house and we watch TV at night in bed after the kids have gone to sleep - we watch the TV at a low volume - so all we could hear is the buzzing. We muted it, and the buzzing continued. We took it down the very next day and put it back into the same box and started to initiate a refund process... which by the way is a terrible process (you cannot call anyone and they try to make you keep the product). They asked for a video..... well we've already packed it up and we aren't getting it out again! I went to JB two days later and found a TV at the same size for a few hundred dollars more. We put that up on the bracket (so yes the bracket from Kogan was fine).

Weeks later - we are still trying to get the TV collected so we can get our refund. It all started with asking for the videos, offering to fix the defect (too late we have anew TV! and don't trust the quality of Kogan anymore). Today was the day the 'repair/return' company was meant to collect it. We just called to get their ETA and low and behold... our paper work is there, but it's not booked into the system - so next Thursday it is! (We are in Canberra and I think they are from Sydney). Apparently the point of this pick up is for the repair person to determine if we have damaged the TV or if we've created a lie about the defect!

The funny thing is when we took delivery of the TV, the delivery person (not affiliated with Kogan) joked that he would see us again soon as 'lots of those TVs get returned'. Save yourself the headache..... spend a bit more on your TV with a local shop (JB Hi Fi in our instance) and get a quality product or one that can be EASILY returned for a refund if a fault is found.

I would never recommend their TVs or their service - which is non existent and all email based. I am thinking of making an official complaint to consumer affairs over this as they intentionally make the return process arduous in the hope you will just go way. If there was no high pitched whistle with the TV I wouldn't have had a problem with it. But I simply cannot live with a sound like that while trying to enjoy a TV show. Ok, rant over. Lesson learnt! and on I go in the pursuit of returning this damn TV for a refund!
clintono3
7/29/19
I purchased the Kogan Agora XS Phone, The screen Protector and the shock cover from Kogan. I had the phone on my knee and forgot when standing. This little 40cm drop in the "shock protection case" failed to protect the phone. I contacted Kogan and they are saying it is my fault yet there shock absorbsion cover failed to protect the phone from a 40 cm drop. The screen detached from the phone. This demonstarates the poor protection of the absorbsion cover and the poor quality of the phone.
cs462
7/27/19
Purchased a brand new Samsung S7 from them (a re-seller). Took 5 days to dispatch, no tracking info until it arrived and then discovered it was a refurbished Samsung SM-930U, an overseas model that does NOT get all the Australian carrier bands. My Optus sim only gets 80% coverage with this phone missing 700MHZ (Band 28). As a result, data speeds indoors or in vehicles are terrible. Also came with a low quality wall plug and not a fast charger. Ear plugs also looked used, not even in a box, just flopping loosely in the box.

There was no offer to replace with the correct 4G Australian model when I contacted them, and I asked, just an offer of a refund days after I return the phone at MY OWN COST.

BEWARE. There are other places on the web to purchase actual Australian models of superseded low cost new phones.
antonioa88
6/3/19
This brand is a trap.
I bought a Kogan W8 True Wireless Earphones (White) on the internet and when it arrived home I was surprised how Kogan earbud was different from the website photos, totally ugly and disproportional.
I tried to return the product but they didn't help me because I've open the product, although, I didn't turn it on.
As I said, the service support answer was ridiculous and the product is not worth it.
Think well 2x before buying anything from Kogan.

My order number is: ZX2M2P2K
bobm485
5/15/19
I bought this item for $29 with free shipping on 11th of April 2019. The quality of the sound was not that great. It is also not so easy to recharge the battery. The recharge cable is not a standard USB cable. You need to buy a rechargeable battery with the right usb connection. In addition, Kogan service desk never answered my enquiry. So Beware of this product.
hamdaa1
5/3/19
bought pest control device a year ago and i think i instead of keeping pest and spiders and everything away from our house it has invited many more here!!
some pictures are uploaded below as proof how well it works!! this device is nothing but a good joke!!
moussam15
4/15/19
unfortunately I had to give one star
unfortunately I had to give one star, not because I wanted to but because you can't write without giving a star!!!
Anyway what a %^&*$# JOKE! I have tried to get my TV fixed and no luck I have tried to get a refund and no luck! Watch out cause it's an online company and you can't find a phone number anywhere, no one to call, only email.
ALL I CAN SAY NEVER $%^&*@ AGAIN will I purchase from them
louisel79
3/26/19
This was a terrible product! The colour of the mat was not as described. I had to spend hours assembling it together only to find that the panels were incorrectly set up to begin with. This left me a product with a wonky drawer, rounded corners on one side and sharp corners on the other side. I want a refund or a fully assembled new replacement delivered to me.

Detailed reasons are as below:
1. the instructions to assemble were highly unclear, the diagrams were not marked clearly with the direction that different pieces should face when assembling them

2. the colour of the mat is blue, even though it is described as grey (give me an email address and I will send photos) - this was supposed to match my grey carpet, my grey cushions and my grey speckled marble floor and now it does not

3. the pieces came to me with a number of small scratches and peeling paint around the edges

4. some pieces were even dirty and I had to wipe them down - this is not ok and even after wiping them down with water, some marks still remain (give me an email address and I will send photos)

5. the drawer when assembled is wonky and loose; it can not slide smoothly

6. the two sides of the cabinet have been punctured incorrectly leading to a finished product where the top edge on one side is sharp and the top edge on the other side is rounded; I know that I have assembled them correctly because the smooth side on both of them are facing outwards, and the holes for Part E are facing each other - it is because there is a fundamental error in the way that they were initially set up which has caused this defect (give me an email address and I will send photos)
vicw11
3/21/19
Late last year I bought a Xiaomi Mi band 2 activity wristband from Kogan.Supposedly a one year warranty.

A few days ago I was walking my dog in a park. The actual device locks
into a wrist strap. The wrist strap was weakened and the device fell
out. I wasn't aware of this until 15 mins or so and I backtracked to no
avail.I placed a claim for warranty because of the failure of the strap that was not gripping the device as it should.

The customer support person was useless. He didn't even get the gist of
what I was explaining even after we swapped three emails. He couldn't
comprehend the situation.He said it was lost and warranty didn't cover lost items. I said the wrist strap failed and it wasn't like I lost the item in the traditional sense.

The wrist strap was part of the item under warranty and it failed to do its job.Beating my head against a brick wall.

I'm going to keep away from Kogan. Had to wait ages for the item. They charge heaps for delivery. They don't have any phone contact.

This warranty thing topped it off.Stick with eBay. They are more reliable and give 'proper' warranties.

Vic W
sanazm1
3/21/19
I bought multiple items in one order and with almost half of them I had problems. They charged me extra for some, sent me a wrong product and the quality of Kogan TV I received was awful. And their customer care is the worst. I had to email them several times and wait for a long time to get a response from them.
The Kogan TV I got was awful. The USB wasn't working. The remote control worked randomly. It was terrible. and I emailed them for refund the first day I received the TV. It's now more than a month and more than 40 emails I still couldn't get my money back. I will never ever shop with Kogan again. DO NOT shop with Kogan.
carolynb352
3/17/19
Be very, very careful before you purchase from this company. They supply faulty products and never honour their warranty policy.
Very dishonest company.
mimm2
2/17/19
I had a problem with not recieving an item NOT A MOBILE!! (if it was a mobile you can speak to a person ) on time Kogan should not use FASTAWAY COURIERS THEY ARE BAD BAD BAD !!!
I tried to contact Kogan they only have email contact they really need to get their act together and allow you to speak to a person as the emails are not answered immediately by a person they only have a Robot reply telling you to go on line which you already have done !!
Finally got a reply a few days later !!!
! My parcel was supposed to arrive between 5-7 th Feb 19 it finally arrived on 12/2/19 . 5 days late !!!
roberta661
2/12/19
Terrible Service! Purchase items, didnt arrive, paid for freight protection that apparently covers me for items list in transit, Kogan dont and wont help!! Would have more fun throwing money down a drain! this company needs to be shut down! Terrible!!

Easy to get hold of by email but they are useless in resolving anything

By Stevo M.

DONT BOTHER. THERE IS AN EMAIL ON LINE CONTACT BUT YOU GET A ROBOT ANSWER AND THEN THEY GET BACK TO YOU AFTER A FEW DAYS YOU USUALLY NEED AN IMMEDIATE REPLY FROM A PERSON

By Louise L.

Says that courier is not supported by tracking . IF FASTAWAY GOT YOUR PARCEL GOID LUCK WITH GETTING IT ON TIME !!!!

By Mim M.

Questions? Get answers from the Kogan.com staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Kogan.com