Review of GetARoom

Tel: 800-468-3578
customerservice@getaroom.com

ellenr41
2/21/18

I found GetARoom exceptionally easy, both in making the reservation and cancelling it. Will use again.

roj36
2/21/18

It was so easy to book our trip on the getaroom website. It was sot only easy but the rates were the BEST!!!! I will be booking again thru them.

stevel176
2/21/18

Fast and easy to use app.....got me exactly what I needed with easy to use filters......................................

marya880
2/21/18

Very easy process! Best price options. Quick and easy purchase. Definitely going to be using this site again!!!!!

mattg105
2/21/18

Saved me more money then the big name sites. Will most likely use this site again. Quick response over email verify my reservations.

ronm152
2/21/18

Thanks, worked out well. Waited an extra day, rate went up a bit, but was still good. Would use it again

duanek13
2/21/18

First experience with this. No problem. Booking thru this was simple. Easy to navigate. Would use again and recommend.

lindseyk26
2/21/18

Had a difficult time hearing the Customer Support Representative because of a bad connection...what kind of phone connection does the company use? Also, had a very difficult time understanding the Rep because of his heavy accent and very fast speech.

danw134
2/21/18

I had a change in my travel dates and need to amend my booking. Victoria effectively and efficiently completed the job and changed my booking.

jesusr47
2/21/18

Arrived to check in and my reservation that was paid for in full days before my trip were not available the hotel workers re sold the three rooms I had booked. Left my family and kids with no room to stay had to waste 3 hours to find a room for the night.

brianc188
2/21/18
• Updated review

My earlier review on GETAROOM was based on the fact that they refused to refund me on a cancellation, despite the fact that I had complied with every one of their conditions. They chose to hide behind the skirts of the hotel cancellation policy which of course was not with whom I contracted. The hotel in question also lied about the events surrounding my cancellation so as to enforce their own cancellation policy, however they finally rescinded when they realised my dispute was with GETAROOM and not them. They were: Wanaburi Hotel 99/9 Moo 2, T.Thep Kasattri, 83110 Phuket.

The UPDATE from those characters at GETAROOM and me is to say that I have now been refunded.
Amazingly enough they chose to send an email some time after this review had started to gather views (currently running at over 30,000!) to advise me that they had decided randomly to revisit my case and as a gesture of good will had decided to refund me.

They did refund me, however with currency fluctuations et al, I still ended up "out of pocket" and to be honest, all they have done is refund me months after when they should have done; they have caused me a tiresome amount of time and aggravation and forced me to use my profession to obtain anything close to a return to the status quo ante. Too little too late - no attempt to appease nor apologise.

I had warned them that online reputation management was my business and that my company was a leading firm in ORM/BRIM and that I would take steps using the best of review sites (Hello Sitejabber!!) to ensure that the general public became aware of their total lack of integrity. I guess they didn't believe that and so called my bluff.

So with regards to GETAROOM, I am not going to remove the reviews nor repair their online reputation, and as for their Brand Reputation Image Management - for as long as they continue to behave in this manner, they will never shine online.
Final Word - I will no longer post reviews in relation to this incident with GETAROOM as they did eventually - after far too long a period of lies and terminological inexactitudes by telephone and email - refund an amount close to the disputed amount. Case Closed. Job Done! Thank you SITEJABBER

“The only reason I score them "1" is simply because there is no lower score available.”
• Previous review

I stay in hotels for around 40 weeks each year.
I normally book through Booking.com or Agoda and have never had a problem.

I booked with Getaroom and every fear that you might have in dealing with a copycat flyby night lowest life form kind of company comes free with every booking. They advertise a fair cancellation policy however they deny a refund even if you have complied with e ery criteria and have jumped through every one of their hoops.

They are con men. They are tricksters.
Do not believe that just because they appear on the main consolidator sites like trip advisor that they have been vetted. They haven't!!!

W O R S T. C O M P A N Y E V E R

and trip advisor do nothing to help you resolve.
Bad bad bad bad

Response from Bell P., GetARoom Representative
We do apologize for any inconvenience. We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed you did not have the experience you deserve. We see a ticket was opened and solved for your case. We will have a customer care agent reach out to you. Thank you Getaroom.com
jg145
2/21/18

I tried to call the hotel and thought I had called the hotel At no time to the person serving me state that he or she was not the hotel and working for an independent agency or company.

stephenc150
2/20/18

The booking process was very standard and straight forward, however the site should be giving you more detailed information about the property you are reserving.
I have, since the booking, found out that the hotel I plan on staying in has been closed since the September earthquake in Mexico City.
Currently the hotel is not taking phone calls....
We found out they have a sister property who has said the hotel should re-open at the end of March....since our reservation is for beginning April, it would be nice if we were given a heads up in case we end up having to look for an alternative at the last minute ....

jacquelined52
2/20/18

Valet was rude. Although there were enough towels, facecloths and toiletries not provided the first night there. Ice machine on fourth floor was broken.

markb478
2/20/18

Easy booking. Found a great price. Have been looking everywhere for something reasonable for a group of 8 people. Had what I needed.

vickib73
2/20/18

Great! The site was very easy to use. If needed I would use this site again in the future for other bookings, etc., and recommend to my friends and family.

peggyk25
2/19/18

every other site i checked, the hotel i wanted was more expensive, plus there were hidden fees that were astronomical. Getaroom had the best price and the taxes/hotel fees were not completely inflated.
I am now reading the other reviews, I will update if anything should go wrong with our reservation. I should also mention, I booked through GetAroom via Trip Advisor. Not sure if that makes a difference.

johnnya30
2/19/18

Great price of $62 a night at Hilton Bogota on a weekend, regular price now is $253 Great location next to many upscale restaurants. Thanks roomer

eriko13
2/19/18

Website very user friendly. I enjoyed my experience.
No issues. I like to travel a lot and this site has been pretty easy to use overall.

donnao28
2/17/18

My admin was asked to book a room at the Hyatt Regency for me and when looking online was directed unknowingly to this getaroom website to book the reservation. After she had completed the reservation I let her know that the reservation was not acceptable but she told me that it was not refundable. The website was charging $475 for a one night stay which was $275 over the Corporate rate that we normally get when booking direct with Hyatt. We cancelled the reservation and was told that the full $475 was the penalty for a no show Getaroom apologizes for your situation however we can only allow penalty waivers due to extenuating circumstances such as Flex policy, typically due to severe weather following airport closures or Acts of war, terrorism. This was for a reservation over one month in advance.
I did not book this room personally but my credit card was charged in good faith.
Also... when I called Hyatt to assist... they couldn't find my reservation so that they could help me!!! I will be informing the World of Hyatt so that they know there are companies out there booking rooms on their behalf using these terrible business tactics.

davidd421
2/17/18

I booked a hotel on TripAdvisor, got a confirmation from GetARoom (no connection known) for a different hotel. Took hours to get straightened out with yet a third party [PriceLine] to cleared it up.

alicias82
2/16/18

The hotel does not have my reservation on file and it worries me I will have no wheres to sleep. How do I make sure this goes through ? The money came from my account so I would like to know the reservation is in tact thank you

nancyp152
2/16/18

This was extremely easy to book and offered a fabulous price for our 3 night stay in Vancouver. Couldn't have been any easier

marys600
2/15/18

I thought I was on the hotel site (deception) I didn't know until I received the confirmation from this place that I actually had been had. I had paid a higher price to have rates I could cancel. When I went back to cancel they told me sure but I was being charged the full fare. This was 20 minutes later mind you. Regardless they would not even listen. It's a boiler room when you call, hundreds of voices in the background the agent just kept reciting the same words over and over. Fake reviews - do not use the service and be careful when booking you think you are on the hotel site.

roba50
2/15/18

Only after booking did I realize how high the service fees were. I went elsewhere got a higher price but even with taxes teh final price was lower.

I would not use it. Better to reserve thru the hotel directly. I used them and thought I was getting a good deal but in actuality paid more than hotel was offering at the time.

By k m., GetARoom Representative

call 800-468-3578 but good luck.They are scammers

By maureen b., GetARoom Representative

Thought I was booking on the actual hotel sight but was deceived in as much as it was Getaroom. Talked to someone else also staying at this hotel at the same for about a third less. Called them right back and had already charged my card and it would be up to 3 weeks to refund. That's about what it took but did get refund. Then checked reviews and no one had anything good to say about getaroom. Go straight to hotel sight of one you know and trust or stick with something like Travelocity.

By Luva K., GetARoom Representative

They are a site attached to Trip Advisor---- if you see them on screen while trying to book a room-- hit cancel. I'm out over $150 because of their fraudulent cancellation policy.

By Patty D., GetARoom Representative

Wow. This is one bad company. Made a reservation and then needed to cancel. They gave cancel date all along. I called to cancel on that date and was told that date was only for 1 minute of date they told me. I was supposed to forfeit one night's cost. Luckily I made reservation on AMEX and they'll tell this fraud company to get lost. Moral of the story: make reservations through hotel.

By Dennis B., GetARoom Representative

They don't guarantee the room. You might get there and have to pay extra for the room you expected to get.

By Cyndi O., GetARoom Representative

HEY, friend send them a email. o try to call them. good luck!

By Angel B., GetARoom Representative

I'm definitely in. There's something very deceptive, if not illegal, when you start off on a hotel's website and when you click Make a Reservation, it somehow transfers you to the GetARoom site without your knowledge. I had no idea this was done until I received their email confirmation. I'm thinking of contacting my state's Consumer Protection Div. of the AG's Office to file a complaint when I get back from vacation.

By Bob A., GetARoom Representative

The hotel has nothing to do with these scumbags.

By Dennis B., GetARoom Representative

I didn't have a European #. Whenever I have doubt, its the 1800# of getaroom that I rang and most of the people that I spoke to on the other end were very helpful. After finalising my booking through getaroom and got the confirmation or receipt # from getaroom, I have allowed at least 48 hours grace period and rang the hotel # direct to ensure that my booking with that hotel, via getaroom was legit and as I mentioned, I never had any problem of all the 10 hotels I booked through them. The best part was after hour trip, I sent back the coupon discount and got 10% refund (if my booking was more than $400)...My advice is to read all the print and if in doubt, ring the getaroom contact number.

By Tina T., GetARoom Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GetARoom staff and other customers.

GetARoom?