GetARoom

GetARoom has a consumer rating of 2.89 stars from 2,103 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. GetARoom also ranks 24th among Hotels sites. The most common issues with GetARoom are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Absolute SCAM, dishonest people and terrible customer service !
  • The uk hotel had no record of my booking, had never heard of Get a room booking service either.
How would you rate GetARoom?

“Honesty pays off! Thank you GetAroom Supervisor...”

C B.
1/27/19

Long story short. I tried to book hotel accommodation for two days. The site directed me to the GetARoom site where my hotel accommodation was booked. However, I was able to discuss the matter with GetARoom supervisor who was able to cancel the booking and process the refund in full. I sincerely appreciate their willingness to listen to my honest discussion with an action plan that satisfied both parties. I will not hesitate to utilize GetARoom again for better rates than the hotel could offer. Thank you!

“HORRIBLE!!!!!”

Taylor M.
6/25/19

Worst customer service ever. I called a gentlemen who barely spoke English answered but couldn't understand me so hung up!! They rip you off and then say there's nothing they can do about it. No one should ever use this site!!!

Reviews (2,103)

customer service (309) hotel (1105) credit card (232) reservation (736) confirmation email (48) trip advisor (46) cancellation policy (51) hotel website (51) refund (519) service fees (38) email confirmation (32) room rate (43)
geraldineg67
February 8th, 2020
I reserved a room to travel with a team. When the game was cancelled, the team was able to change their reservations. My friend was able to get a refund. But I was not able to do either, despite 48 hours notice. Couldn't get back the $50 service fee, either.
Addendum: after filing the above review, I was contacted by getaroom, and they were able to cancel the reservation and refund the payment.
Social M. – GetARoom Rep
Geraldine, Great news-Your refund has been processed! We do take all of our customers' reviews very seriously and would appreciate it if you would either update your negative comments/star rating on Sitejabber with your positive resolution, or remove them. On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom.com, we thank you for the service opportunity.

josecarlosh
December 16th, 2019
Verified purchase
I was surprised that if I made a reservation in Calgary, using my Canadian $ credit card, the amount will not be fixed.
I made the reservation using my US $ credit card and confirmed it by calling the hotel.
The information you provided was not accurate: the parking for one night was not included.
johnb4368
February 1st, 2020
May appear the cheapest when you do a search for a specific hotel/date, but always check prices include the VAT - not an issue for businesses who can reclaim the taxes but in the UK, we are used to consumer prices being quoted as including 20% VAT. There may also be a "service charge" bumping the costs for the privilege of routing your money via the US. Having said that, Getaroom customer services were very responsive when we complained so that brings the rating back up
pamm272
October 20th, 2019
Although my initial experience with this company was anything but good the company reached out to make it right. I was offered a refund of the additional fees. I was also informed that I had not made the reservation from their website and was educated on how the hotel website kicks you into a 3rd party booking site. As this has never happened to me before I will be more diligent when booking on line if I use the company website or make reservations by phone. I had no idea you could be rerouted to a 3rd party site when booking directly from the Wyndham website.
Social M. – GetARoom Rep
We do apologize for this experience. A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you. Thank you. Getaroom.com.
marcusv27
February 2nd, 2020
Issue with the charges, but their customer service department acknowledged the problem and resolved it with a full refund in a matter of 3 days.
Marcus,
Please note that your refunds have been processed. On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom, we thank you for the service opportunity. We do take our customers' reviews very seriously and we thank you for updating your star rating of your customer service experience on the Sitejabber site to reflect your satisfaction with the positive resolution of a full refund. Thank you.
karene406
January 17th, 2020
Verified purchase
I made a mistake in booking travel dates. I needed to book the room for one day longer. The agent I talked to at getaroom was sympathetic but very constrained in the possible resolution of this problem. He couldn't simple add a day to the existing booking because getaroom doesn't allow changes to existing bookings. I suggested canceling & doing a new booking. If you cancel at getaroom you get charged anyway. So I made a new booking of one day & got charged for my mistake. The agent was great but I will be making a point of avoiding getaroom in the future.

GetARoom attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

philbertm
December 5th, 2019
Verified purchase
We are leaving Thursday for a cruise. I wanted to stay at the Travel Lodge for the parking, and the free shuttle. I noticed that somehow I was to check in on the 12/4. I needed to check in on 12/5, It took forever to cancel the 12/4 date. It didn't take but a minute to pay for another night. And then try to get back my prepaided for the wrong day. This went on for hours. After talking to David, the got to a good number, and that number got me to the reservation counter. Then I was assured that The cancellation would go through. I have C177880791
bishopk12
December 7th, 2019
i dont normally write reviews but this website is $#*! scam. Disgusting and terrible.

they have additional hidden charges on top of the hotel room and they have a no cancellation policy that doesnt allow you to back out of a bad deal once you realize how much they have ripped you off.

on top of that they willnot provide a receipt for their charges so you cant prove anything including tax cuts or charge back if need be.

they are not responsive if they have over booked a hotel and will not help you re-book anywhere else.

simply put PLEASE DONT DO IT TO YOURSELF WITH THESE PEOPLE

Bishop K.,

We do apologize you feel this way. After our direct contact with you to attempt to try to assist further, you have advised our Service Resolutions Specialist that you no longer want to discuss this specific issue. Unless we hear back from you, we will consider this matter closed, notating assistance declined by customer.

lyndad57
January 11th, 2020
Verified purchase
This was my 1st experience with GetARoom, I had some mixups and after contacting them, the issues were resolved. I had a followup personal phone call and they wanted to make sure I was completely satisfied and they would be issuing a refund. Customer Rep. who contacted me was very helpful.
Karen B. – GetARoom Rep
Lynda, We do apologize for this experience. A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you. Our goal with your Sitejabber review is to promptly work for your satisfaction resulting in your improving the star rating. Thank you. Getaroom.
js1181
January 29th, 2020
Thought I was booking a room for Omni hotel in Washington with Omni, apparently I was redirected to "get a room" while they do have a service charge , the service works
Karen B. – GetARoom Rep
J, Great news-Your refund has been set up! We do take all of our customers' reviews very seriously and would appreciate it if you would either update your negative comments/star rating on Sitejabber with your positive resolution, or remove them. On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom.com, we thank you for the service opportunity.

ericag159
November 21st, 2019
I was traveling to Chicago for a dance convention for my daughter. The convention offered discount rooms and it was through this service. When I called, it was passed the lockout date for the discount so I asked for the next best price - which ended up being $50 a night above retail. I didn't realize this until after my stay, so good job GetARoom, your system of catching people like me that miss the discount window really worked in your favor and left me paying way more than I should! At least I have learned my lesson and can spread the word for others to avoid your so-called service.

Karen B. – GetARoom Rep
Erica, We do apologize for this experience. A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you. Our goal with your Sitejabber review is to promptly work for your satisfaction resulting in your improving the star rating. Thank you. Getaroom
crystalp107
December 29th, 2019
Verified purchase
When I called I was trying to reach the hotel directly. The person I reached said he was at the hotel. He was not. He flat out lied. Then the person I was talking to started acting like we had a bad connection. I was forced to hang up. I called back. The next person I talked to could not answer all of my questions and could not remember what she was doing as far as making my 4 reservations but I do not believe that she lied to me. I am REALLY hoping that I do not have any problems with my reservation when we get to the hotel.

Social M. – GetARoom Rep
Crystal, We do apologize for this experience. A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you. Our goal with your Sitejabber review is to promptly work for your satisfaction resulting in your improving the star rating. Thank you. Getaroom.
breannl2
January 28th, 2020
Charged us over $40 more than they said, hotel wasn't even booked using our card, was booked using a one time prepaid card according to front desk. Called back after getting confirmation email and they wouldn't even listen to anything I said, and blamed the hotel saying they wouldn't let them cancel. Refunded us $49 dollars after this reviews were posted. Changing from 1 star to 2.
Breann,

jimb1013
December 1st, 2019
I booked this afternoon (10/30) and then needed to cancel (funeral arrangements for family coming in for recent death in the family). Only then did I find that the room I thought was booked through the hotel website was actually thru getaroom.com and the cancellation was only allowed prior to 5 pm on 10/30. Hilton/Hampton cannot help me. Isn't there some way this room can be cancelled. It is for 11/3-4, which should be plenty of time. I have NEVER seen a site that you had to cancel within 4-5 hours or pay full price penalty. Please help!!!

Social M. – GetARoom Rep
Jim, We do apologize for this experience. A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you. Our goal with your Sitejabber review is to promptly work for your satisfaction resulting in your improving the star rating. Thank you. Getaroom.
ramod1
November 30th, 2019
Verified purchase
Your service automatically changed my reservation to the day I made it instead of a week away like I intended. I called to cancel, and your guy said too bad, i had to cancel by yesterday even though i just made it 10 minutes ago.
I filled out this review, and a very nice lady called and fixed everything. I'm very pleased. The only reason I'm not giving a 5 is due to the system "defaulting" to the current date and causing this mixup in the first place.
Social M. – GetARoom Rep
Ramo, We do apologize for this experience. A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you. Our goal with your Trustpilot review is to promptly work for your satisfaction resulting in your improving the star rating. Thank you. Getaroom.
judyg240
January 13th, 2020
GetARoom should provide the ACTUAL amount that will be charged to your credit card when booking. I paid more here than I would've on other sites, but chose this site because of its (dishonest) lower price. GetARoom advertised the price I could have gotten directly from the hotel and then they added almost a 50% fee on top of that. After weeks of back & forth and a negative review here, I received an $85 credit. Ask for and keep your hotel receipt.
Social M. – GetARoom Rep
Judy, We do apologize for this experience. A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you. Our goal with your Sitejabber review is to promptly work for your satisfaction resulting in your improving the star rating. Thank you. Getaroom.
allanr61
December 3rd, 2019
Tried to book room at Baymont Inn in Plainfield, Indiana for 12-6-19, direct with hotel. GetaRoom pop-up appeared and took me away from original site. Ended up finishing in transaction on GetaRoom site,but date reverted from 12-6 to 11-30 (today's date). Tried to call to correct date, but was told it was confirmed and they could not refund. Contacted Baymont Inn, but they couldn't/wouldn't allow me to correct date either. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with GetaRoom!!!!!
Hi Allan,
On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom, we thank you for the service opportunity. We do take our customers' reviews very seriously and we thank you in advance for updating your Star rating of your service experience on the Sitejabber site to reflect your satisfaction with your positive resolution of a full refund. Thank you.
katiec220
February 9th, 2020
Verified purchase
GetARoom is a user-friendly site that offers competitive hotel rates. I had an issue and customer service resolved it immediately.
melissas619
January 1st, 2020
In thinking I was booking a room directly through the hotel site I was somehow redirected to this SCAM of a company!! Upon completion of my reservation I noted the stated room price of $104 went to $148 due to bogus tax recovery charges and service fees. Directly after I contacted the horrible customer service department and was informed my card was already charged and absolutely no refunds!!! The owners of this company should be ashamed in literally stealing people's money! Please take my advice and DO NOT book through this unethical dishonest site!!!

Hello Melissa,

paulw744
January 11th, 2020
I thought I was on the Hilton Buenos Aires site, offered a price with a buy now button but Invoice came through at 3x more. Including getarooms taxes and charges which were 33% at $166.
Absolutely conned!!

Paul,
Great news-Your refund has been set up! On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom, we thank you for the service opportunity. We do take our customers' reviews very seriously and we thank you in advance for re-rating your customer service experience on the Sitejabber site to reflect your satisfaction with the positive resolution.
mikee273
January 23rd, 2020
This review is purely referring to their customer service. I originally had an error in my room reservation, after reaching out to getaroom I was contacted by their customer service right away and they were able to help resolve the issue with no trouble. Good customer service.
Social M. – GetARoom Rep
Mike, We do apologize for this experience. A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you. Our goal with your SiteJabber review is to promptly work for your satisfaction resulting in your improving the star rating. Thank you. Getaroom.
alexa518
February 17th, 2020
Verified purchase
So I first booked a room, then I needed to change it, the first person said I could call back, which I did, they then told me you can't adjust a reservation, they can only cancel and then resubmit, which has a $25 fee. I told them I just got off the phone with him and needed to validate the date change, so they waived the fee and fixed my reservation. Just keep in mind that you have your dates exactly right or you'll have to pay $25 to change. Even if I had pay for it, the savings was HUGE!
tc223
January 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase
If you are similar to myself by checking the Resort actual price and other sites discount price as compared to GetARoom discount it was a no brainer. The GetARoom online process was also simple to book a room.
julies1032
January 24th, 2020
I got in contact with someone and they were able to assist me with my needs which was a relief. I appreciated their flexibility with me.
Social M. – GetARoom Rep
Julie , We do apologize for this experience. A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you. Our goal with your Sitejabber review is to promptly work for your satisfaction resulting in your improving the star rating. Thank you. Getaroom.
jojon4
January 30th, 2020
Thought I was booking through legit hotel booking site. Their Tel.# pops up under the hotel site. They wouldn't take AARP, said it would negate their"special price." Later was able to call the hotel directley and their price was cheaper than getaroom's price. Called them to try to cancel and get a refund. They would cancel, But no refund.
JoJo,

Getaroom

They are not ethical. For me, they used a website that appeared to be the actual hotel website, did not identify themselves when they should have, and did not mention booking fees while they charged a 30 percent booking fee for a room that was its normal price. They were supposed to cancel charges on my credit card and did not. STAY AWAY!

By Larry S.
See more answers (15)

Answer...I went to the BBB and got a refund.

By Tim S.
See more answers (10)

I'm definitely in. There's something very deceptive, if not illegal, when you start off on a hotel's website and when you click Make a Reservation, it somehow transfers you to the GetARoom site without your knowledge. I had no idea this was done until I received their email confirmation. I'm thinking of contacting my state's Consumer Protection Div. of the AG's Office to file a complaint when I get back from vacation.

By Bob A.

call 800-468-3578 but good luck.They are scammers

By maureen b.
See more answers (9)

Report them to the Better Business Bureau. This company is clearly a scam and if the BBB receives enough complaints, they will investigate.

By me c.
See more answers (9)

Wow. This is one bad company. Made a reservation and then needed to cancel. They gave cancel date all along. I called to cancel on that date and was told that date was only for 1 minute of date they told me. I was supposed to forfeit one night's cost. Luckily I made reservation on AMEX and they'll tell this fraud company to get lost. Moral of the story: make reservations through hotel.

By Dennis B.

Yes! They will charge you way more in "taxes and fees"

By Sarah P.