GetARoom

GetARoom has a consumer rating of 3.43 stars from 2,601 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with GetARoom most frequently mention full refund, best price and phone call. GetARoom ranks 24th among Hotels sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 3 hours

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 58.7%

• Very helpful customer service rep. Who found a great price for us for an additional night's stay at a hotel in Tampa.
  • Found a very good price on a decent hotel room for the night, two nights in a row.

• They never paid Holiday Inn Express, but charged me the full amount.
  • I was lied to when they told me my total was $336.82 and when I received the confirmation email I was charged $471.12.
How would you rate GetARoom?

“Take care using for UK hotels especially if you are British”

John B.
2/1/20

May appear the cheapest when you do a search for a specific hotel/date, but always check prices include the VAT - not an issue for businesses who can reclaim the taxes but in the UK, we are used to consumer prices being quoted as including 20% VAT. There may also be a "service charge" bumping the costs for the privilege of routing your money via the US. Having said that, Getaroom customer services were very responsive when we complained so that brings the rating back up

“Disappointing”

Kirstene B.
10/22/20

My daughter and I booked our NY hotel stay through Getaroom, planned for November this year. However, along with the rest of the world, plans have changed. With our flights from and home to UK cancelled, we contacted Getaroom. I absolutely appreciate that we booked without cancellation, however I am unsure how I can remedy this situation, with no travel possible. Quite aside, it took weeks and more than 1 email to receive an reply from Getaroom at all! Poor customer service

Reviews (2,601)

holiday inn (41) customer service (348) confirmation email (51) hotel room (0) credit card (268)
zacharym139
August 25th, 2020
I had an issue but I could not figure out and didn't understand what was going on. After leaving a review, the customer service representative called me and walk me through why things happen the way they did and also listen to to my concerns, and very promptly came up with a solution. Based off of the customer service she provided I most definitely recommend this company.
Karen B. – GetARoom Rep
Zachary, Great news-Your secondary refund has been set up! On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom.com, we thank you for updating your review and the service opportunity.

janem660
May 25th, 2020
Booked hotel for New York in June and had contacted them in regards to changing my booking. They came back almost instantly to state I had to cancel and rebook. However my hotel in NYC is closed due to coronavirus and is not open on my booking dates. I have contacted them 3 times looking for a change to 2021 or a refund. They have come back to me within an hour with a call, an email and then confirmation of refund, and already processed my refund. Great service thank you.
Hi Jane,

michaelm4133
March 5th, 2020
Verified purchase
Today I was contacted by Kristen from the customer service team from GetAroom in response to a complaint that I had made about a hotel booking.
The team at GetAroom must take their customer relations response very seriously, because the issue I had with my booking was treated with genuine concern and not just lip service, I cannot fault their commitment to their customers one bit, which is outstanding.
I will definitely be using them again for my next trip overseas.
socialm4
Social M. – GetARoom Rep
Michael, Great news-Your refund has been set up! We do take all of our customers' reviews very seriously and would appreciate it if you would either update your negative comments/star rating on Sitejabber with your positive resolution, or remove them. On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom.com, we thank you for the service opportunity.

kirsteneb
October 22nd, 2020
Poor customer service

GetARoom attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

Kirstene,

Thank you.
Getaroom.
Kirstene,
On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom, we thank you for the service opportunity. Our records indicate a refund has been processed and sent to your financial institution. We do take our customers' reviews very seriously and we thank you in advance for re-rating your customer service experience on the Sitejabber site to reflect your satisfaction with the positive resolution.

keirstinc
Keirstin C.
September 4th, 2020
Verified purchase
I wasn't aware I was calling this type of service till she offered to help me find another hotel. My operator, I apologize I don't remember her name, went out of her way to help me. I wanted a hotel with room service and accepts dogs, she searched for one for about 30 minutes but wasn't able to find one with room service. Not her fault, but COVIDS. So instead she found me the cheapest yet comfortable. I couldn't have asked for better service.
curtysq
February 18th, 2020
Verified purchase
Very helpful, pleasant and friendly! Agent took his time with me as I was dealing with another party to make sure it was exactly what we wanted.
Hi Curtys,
Thank you for the great feedback! We appreciate it. Our agents are great!
sandid17
January 28th, 2020
I did not receive my email confirmation until the next afternoon. Thinking I might not have hit "submit" I booked with another site and now getaroom.com won't work with me and provide any refund since I went through my cc company for a dispute (that was denied) No calls, no emails, just lame facebook instant messages. "sorry, we cant help" type stuff. Stick to the good sites (expedia.com, booking.com, travelocity.com etc) that you KNOW will provide you with peace of mind when booking hotels.
olgak71
April 16th, 2020
My name's Olga Konstantopoulou and I come from Greece. I had booked a room in Paris, at Hotel Bristol Republique, for 18/03/20, but because of coronovirus epidemy I could not travel to France. I asked GETAROOM to cancel the reservation and be refunded (397 euros). I thought, due to circumstances, it would take much time but they did it immediately and even provided me with a daily follow up. Thank you GETAROOM.
Karen B. – GetARoom Rep
Olga, We do apologize for this experience. A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you. Our goal with your Sitejabber review is to promptly work for your satisfaction resulting in your improving the star rating. Due to the impact of Covid -19, our response times are longer than normal. Thank you. Getaroom.
haroldr120
May 28th, 2020
Verified purchase
The young lady was very helpful and knowledgeable. I will recommend this site to my family and friends!
Kristen W. – GetARoom Rep
Thank you for the great feedback and the service opportunity. We appreciate it!

johnb4368
February 1st, 2020
Karen B. – GetARoom Rep
We do apologize for this experience. A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you. Our goal with your Sitejabber review is to promptly work for your satisfaction resulting in your improving the star rating. Thank you. Getaroom.
alexa518
February 17th, 2020
Verified purchase
So I first booked a room, then I needed to change it, the first person said I could call back, which I did, they then told me you can't adjust a reservation, they can only cancel and then resubmit, which has a $25 fee. I told them I just got off the phone with him and needed to validate the date change, so they waived the fee and fixed my reservation. Just keep in mind that you have your dates exactly right or you'll have to pay $25 to change. Even if I had pay for it, the savings was HUGE!
Karen B. – GetARoom Rep
Hi alex, Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate it.
kimb883
April 11th, 2020
Really I cant believe that a company would refuse to refund a booking for a room during a national health crisis. The event we were going to attend was canceled due to the rising cases of the new virus that is sweeping our nation and this company is the biggest group of RIP offs that ever hit and will not refund my. Money. How dare you use a time of crisis to line your pockets. I will make sure that no I know ever uses your company and exactly how you take advantage of a world. Crisis to line your pockets.
Karen B. – GetARoom Rep
Kim, On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom, we thank you for the service opportunity. We do take our customers' reviews very seriously and we thank you in advance for updating your Star rating of your service experience on the Sitejabber site to reflect your satisfaction with your positive resolution of a full refund. Thank you.
juliep386
Verified purchase
I was redirected from TripAdvisor to getaroom, so I was a bit worried. I booked my hotel, agreed to the $25 additional charge for services for a two night stay in a hotel in Granada Spain. After reading some reviews I was concerned so called hotel to verify my reservations. They have my reservations for correct dates with requested extras.
christinee208
July 4th, 2020
This site is a complete scam. They take your money right away- which should have been a flag for me-and do nothing to help when there's a problem. They just say "sorry". Norma- the night shift manager is useless- she refused to help. They lied with everything they said. The hotel was willing to work with us to help but the site refused any assistance. I was trying to make reservations for my son- he is across the country- and it was a horrible experience. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!
leeh512
August 19th, 2020
Verified purchase
The staff member was kind, courteous, and professional. I was able to book a room within a few minutes and she made sure everything was correct. Very good experience for me and I highly recommend this service.
Hi Lee,
Thank you for the great feedback. We appreciate it!

pattyg352
April 7th, 2020
Verified purchase
I booked a better price here ("free cancellation" through TripAdvisor) than any of the other sites & when I decided to cancel bc of covid-19, I called the help desk & they answered very quickly & refund was back on my card within days.
Hi Patty,
Thank you for the nice feedback. We are so glad we could save you money.
josephc1432
May 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
It was absolutely fabulous. It's always nice to have someone who is happy and helpful.
marya1389
February 9th, 2020
Verified purchase
Got a great price at a nicer hotel close to the convention that I will be attending.
Hi Mary,
Thank you for the great feedback! We appreciate it.
williamw1943
January 19th, 2021
Verified purchase
I stay in a lot of hotels and motels. This is the best value I have ever foundl
Hello William,

Thank you for the great feedback and the service opportunity. We appreciate it!

randallr160
January 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase
Very easy to do for my first time and I hope I got a really good deal.
mikeo378
July 12th, 2020
KUDOS to GetARoom for their great Customer Service. I had to cancel an upcoming trip in June/2020 due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. All the activities I had planned to take part in during this vacation had been cancelled. Even though the cancellation policy did state the reservation was "non-refundable", GetARoom did the right thing and gave me a full refund of $658.79. This really shows me that they care about their customers and in the future I will definitely use their site again for my bookings. Great Company...
Mike,
annmariec19
Annmarie C.
February 16th, 2020
We booked a room for a funeral out of town and the rate was 224 approx. 10 sec after my husband booked it, it comes up over $324 in total! He called customer service and it was a person in a foreign country. A dumbass! The total was not given to us prior to booking the room so we called to cancel. I'm hiring an attorney Bc they're thieves! Shame on them! DO NOT USE them! To make matters worse, the customer service number didn't work!
brandonm301
Verified purchase
I had to change my reservation with you. When I called, your team handled the rebook quickly and correctly. Saved me some money on my nightly rate too which I appreciate.
navitap
March 11th, 2020
Verified purchase
I've had to call and cancel and rebook several times due to changes in our itinerary. Each time the representative was courteous and professional. I wish you offered modifications to a reservation, however I do appreciate the free cancellation policy. Thank you.
jorgel97
Verified purchase
I called them back after my reservation to change the dates of the reservation without asking they refund my $25 fee And provide me with very high quality service!

They are not ethical. For me, they used a website that appeared to be the actual hotel website, did not identify themselves when they should have, and did not mention booking fees while they charged a 30 percent booking fee for a room that was its normal price. They were supposed to cancel charges on my credit card and did not. STAY AWAY!

By Larry S.
See more answers (15)

Thought I was booking on the actual hotel sight but was deceived in as much as it was Getaroom. Talked to someone else also staying at this hotel at the same for about a third less. Called them right back and had already charged my card and it would be up to 3 weeks to refund. That's about what it took but did get refund. Then checked reviews and no one had anything good to say about getaroom. Go straight to hotel sight of one you know and trust or stick with something like Travelocity.

By Luva K.
See more answers (10)

They are a site attached to Trip Advisor---- if you see them on screen while trying to book a room-- hit cancel. I'm out over $150 because of their fraudulent cancellation policy.

By Patty D.
See more answers (11)

I'm definitely in. There's something very deceptive, if not illegal, when you start off on a hotel's website and when you click Make a Reservation, it somehow transfers you to the GetARoom site without your knowledge. I had no idea this was done until I received their email confirmation. I'm thinking of contacting my state's Consumer Protection Div. Of the AG's Office to file a complaint when I get back from vacation.

By Bob A.
See more answers (9)

Call 800-468-3578 but good luck. They are scammers

By maureen b.
See more answers (9)

Wow. This is one bad company. Made a reservation and then needed to cancel. They gave cancel date all along. I called to cancel on that date and was told that date was only for 1 minute of date they told me. I was supposed to forfeit one night's cost. Luckily I made reservation on AMEX and they'll tell this fraud company to get lost. Moral of the story: make reservations through hotel.

By Dennis B.

Hi Al, Please advise your booking number and we will have a representative reach out to you. Thank you. Getaroom.com

See more answers (3)

Hi Sharon, We apologize for any negative experience. As this question is about a pending refund due to the impact of Covid -19, please know that our refund response times are longer than normal. We are working diligently with all of our suppliers to get approval and expedite your refunds. We do see that there is a recent review posted by Sharon. We will assume that is from you and add it to the queue for a Service Resolutions Specialist to review your case. Sincerely, Getaroom

By Karen B.,

Yes! They will charge you way more in "taxes and fees"

By Sarah P.