eSurranty

eSurranty has a consumer rating of 3.46 stars from 325 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with eSurranty most frequently mention customer service, cell phone and apple store. eSurranty ranks 3rd among Insurance Other sites.

• Customer service is top notch and aims to resolve any issues you encounter.

• Their agenda is not honor your purchase esurranty insurance contract at any authorized repair center.
  • I just called my credit card company to dispute the charges.
How would you rate eSurranty?

“Esurranty is good value”

Leo S.
6/1/18

Esurranty's customer service has always been really easy to work with, fast efficient, everything you'd want. I've never actually had to make a claim with them, but I'm confident that it will go well. Their online interface could do with a bit of work, it's not as easy as I'd like to see the details of what you're coverage is. But that's a minor detail. Anybody who would buy coverage from their internet provider they could get it from Esurranty is wasting a lot of money. Edit

“Dont waste yo money”

Cameron H.
7/25/20

Took over 2 months to get phone back and you guessed it. NOT FIXED! Had a cracked back that they made a big deal about but i needed the software repaired due to phone being stuck in a loop. This was a phone i used for business but i had to get a second party involved just to get the phone back. They do not care for their customers. Extremely rude and uncooperative. Phone got about two weeks and has same problem except somehow now my phone went from a 64 to a 32 g of memory since it was "repaired".

repair center (9) customer service (41) credit card (17)
cameronh414
July 25th, 2020
clifs6
March 12th, 2020
Really don't see how this company can continue... Paid for insurance for two phones. First year no claims, no issues... renewed policy. Filed a claim (accidental damage)... after jumping through a series of hoops and providing payment information heard nothing... no one to contact, live chat that isn't and no response to several inquiries. Waited three weeks with no result. Thankfully paid through PayPal. Cancellation of a worthless policy and a refund (Thanks PayPal)... reviews of this product indicate that this is not at all uncommon... but those who pay via credit card may have some issues.
robx6
February 27th, 2020
Paid $125 for one year coverage, one time fee.

I got charged 3 times for it, submitted disputes and they never responded, Marked it as fraud through my credit card company so they can't hit me anymore.

Absolutely unacceptable garbage.
anthonyb663
April 14th, 2020
Recently purchased a new iphone, sold my old iphone, wanted to swap coverage from old phone to new phone. Attempted many times to get acknowledgement from Esurranty that i am paying for only one phone. NO ANSWERS! Very poor customer service. Rip Off!
debram86
July 12th, 2017
Verified purchase
I am frustrated with my experience. I sent my phone back a week ago and have not heard anything regarding the repair, nor is their any update to my claim status on line. In addition to that, I could not restore my phone to the loaner phone because the storage was only 16 GB and my phone is 64 GB. I spent hours trying to get portions of my data to the loaner phone, especially contacts and failed. That is a big problem for me since I am on call 24 x 7. Also, your service does not state that you cannot take it to a repair facility the first time.
Rachel M. – eSurranty Rep
I apologize if there was some delay. Your device was received from the USPS on 07/11/2017 which was yesterday. The account notes show the system updated the status as awaiting repair/replacement which takes 1-3 business days as explained to you. Unfortunately we can not offer higher memory loaner iPhones as past customers have either broken them or not returned them within an acceptable amount of time. Please contact your claims representative directly for the most current claim updates.
luellad1
June 4th, 2018
I wish this company was easier to find on bing or google. Had to do alot of searching till I found this site. The price is goo for the amount of service you may need. I just hope the claims are faster. I have not filed a claim but hope it goes smooth.
henryo48
July 14th, 2020
I purchased a policy 1-29-20 and made a claim 7-5-20 I was told I would be contacted within 2 days and its 7-14-20 and haven't heard a thing, they don't answer my calls or return my calls, Ive left messages on their website and it says they will contact me within 24hrs and haven't been contacted. I called their accounting office and left a message and they say they will contact me within 2 days and ive heard nothing. I do not know if they are in business, ive called the claims office everyday all day and am told to call back.

Products used:
None, I paid for a policy and they will not give me service.

benjaminh149
February 5th, 2020
Had a problem with Surface Pro 3, decided to purchase Surface Pro 6 - Supposed to send me $300 back - Never have Called last six months 30 times and can't get anyone to return my call - changing companies today and reporting them to better business bureau
annettn
October 23rd, 2017
I am hoping for great results from this company. Nobody knows how it will be until you need it.
The " new replacement" caught my eye. Hopefully they will honor it, I don't like paying for insurance then getting a refurbished model. That would be a waste...
susanb1855
February 25th, 2020
Never authorized beyond a year and don't even have the same phone. Can't get anyone to answer phone or give me a credit of $73.49... second year in a row I have to do this. My account should be closed and no charges should be made. WANT MY REFUND
ianc244
April 3rd, 2020
DO NOT PURCHASE. Just stick with your cellular provider's plan.

I purchased a policy in March 2018.

In these two years my account has been cancelled. First time they accused me of not paying, but I showed them proof I have been paying and they quickly reinstated my account.

Now I guess because I switched from Sprint, I lost coverage.

Screenshots included. Save yourself the headache and pick a different "service" company.

Tip for consumers:
AVOID

Products used:
None. Never filed a claim. Purchased policy Esurranty has tried to cancel for second time.

anar105
March 26th, 2018
A wonderful alternative but, be careful and carefully consider your lifestyle if you ever need to make a claim.

Unfortunately, my phone slipped out of my hand, falling and cracking the screen. I called 4 times, left two messages, send an online claim, send a follow-up email to the claim and finally, I heard back from the manager.

I had limited options if I needed my phone. You can mail it in and takes about 3 - 5 days to repair and receive back or you can take to a BestBuy (good luck getting someone to answer the phone) or you can take it to a ubreakifix shop (waiting around 3 hours for the repair).

I live a very busy lifestyle and my phone is my personal and business line. Therefore, to be out 3 to 5 days is not an option. The only option left is to take 5 hours of my day to go fix it, pay for it, submit for reimbursement and then follow up I am sure.

As said earlier, a great option from a cost perspective, just beware of your own personal schedule and if you have the time to take to go through the repair and reimbursement process.
ds1097
June 9th, 2020
Bought insurance for my phone and my daughters phone. They keep charging my credit card over and over again.

No response to my emails and trying to get my money back through my bank for their overcharges. About to report them to the better business bureau. Save your hard earned money for a legitimate company.
homerw10
August 18th, 2018
They offer a very fair pricing for a comprehensive coverage. Have not had to file a claim, hopefully won't ever, but it is reassuring to know I am probably covered. Very easy enrollment process. Bad claim reviews give a little concern.
arunk55
December 5th, 2017
It was easy to take insurance and covers all damage.
It also gives coupons which got 8 dollar off on the policy
Rachel M. – eSurranty Rep
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
christ455
December 4th, 2019
Scam. They stopped responding to any and all messages through multiple communication channels. DON'T USE THEM!
leos94
June 1st, 2018

frankb352
May 7th, 2019
Be careful purchasing insurance from these guys. Notice that all the five star reviews are about how easy it is to purchase insurance and all the one star reviews are from people who have tried to file a claim. They claim they will reach out to you via email in 1-3 hours during normal business hours but days and weeks go by. There is always a response on the reviews that something was wrong with the claim paperwork so it was put on hold. Imagine if you auto insurance company treated you that way.
immediated7
August 31st, 2017
Verified purchase
I don't like that they don't ever answer the phone so I can talk about my claim. Also cant get them to really reply when I leave a message. Sent in my stuff and cant get any answers. I know it takes time but its been a couple of weeks and I still cant get a response.
Rachel M. – eSurranty Rep
I apologize that you are having issue contacting the claims department. In reviewing your account I see that you filed a claim for loss and theft before your monthly payment policy was active. A claim denial letter was sent to you in regards to the decline.
christophern93
June 20th, 2019
Don't trust this corrupt acting and misleading company! They have a premium they charge in which I paid in full, but in fine print the customer service personnel told me that they will charge your card within the months of your year contract 8.00 to hold your information. WHAT? I'm a paid customer and your going to not hold my information but out of the blue skies bam I have a small little 8 dollar payment. WATCH THEM CLOSELY! I bet the service to a claim is the same. I call BS
Rachel M. – eSurranty Rep
We are sorry that you are upset about the $8.00 fee that is listed in 14 point font in the plan terms and conditions under a section that is in 20 point Bold font. Your account notes show that we refunded that fee to you before your negative reviews were posted here and on other sites. We hope you have a wonderful day.
vicp5
August 31st, 2017
Verified purchase
I tried for 3 days to call the 800 number and could not get through after waiting on hold for 10 min you get and automated system recording saying all attendants are busy please call back. Fortunately i was able to get everything done through email.
Rachel M. – eSurranty Rep
Thank you for being a valued customer. Our normal business hours are 9am to 5pm EDT., Monday through Friday. We try to streamline everything by email, online ticket and our live chat.
heatherg163
September 26th, 2018
The rates are low because they will not reimburse you for anything, and even if you do get in touch with someone related to a claim they will ignore you immediately after. I reached out to them on at least 7 different occasions regarding reimbursement for a simple screen fix, and every single message except for the first one went ignored. I have still not been reimbursed and had to pay out of pocket. You'll have better luck just risking it, as I have serious doubts about their ability to follow through on any of the claims sent their way.
jerryf95
June 1st, 2018
I've been with eSURRANTY for over two years and never have had an issue with their service. Their prices, payment options, coverage, and knowing if something happens to my iPhone it'll be replaced with a new one and not refurbished is all worth it to me. Their customer service is great at answering any and all questions I throw at them. I havent found another warranty service option that beats eSURRANTY and I've looked. I'd highly recommend eSURRANTY.
timj142
July 5th, 2018
Purchased two policies, had claims on both devices. Promptly paid deductible, then nothing from eSurranty but empty promises. For the iPhone cracked screen, they authorized me to have it repaired at the local Apple Store and said would reimburse the cost of the repair... which they have not done in over a year of repeated attempts to get them to honor the policy. Do yourself a favor and stay away.
annab488
January 23rd, 2019
Filed claim in October paid deductible 139 they kept my phone for 2 mths than sent it back after I contacted BBB these a holes could not repair my phone I have not received and money back after I requested a cancellation months ago they are a fraud company I ve called multiple times sent messages at least over 15 not one response pls do not spend your money they are a scam a fraud...

Tip for consumers:
Don't do it....save your time and money

Got nothing but paid

I am sorry you are having an issue with your claim. You can contact the claims departments general mailbox at claimsdpt@esurranty.com and your concern will be forwarded to the claims department manager. Our claims department does not have a direct number but each claims representative has their own extension. They can choose to give that to customers, but they are not required to as it is the policy of our claims department and underwriting to converse with customers by email as it is more efficient. As I can not look at an open claim I can not give you any information about your claim. I can tell you from the past claims I have seen when there is a delay it is usually that the customer did not send in the proper documentation or there is an issue involving fraud. I am not saying that this is the case with you, but I am telling you what I have seen in the past as we have hundreds of claims per day and our claim completion/payout rate is over 93% which is 20% higher than the industry average.

See more answers (2)

Are you a real person?

See more answers (4)

Is it worst consulting a Lawyer?

By Varun D.
See more answers (2)

No. esurranty.net was developed after a person not affiliated with the esurranty company attempted to register the domain. It was originally used only for esurance customers when esurranty had a contract with them. When esurranty cancelled that contract they kept the site operational to serve the leftover customers that didn't switch their accounts to esurranty.com.

By Rachel M., OP CS Manager

The policy page for that device is here: https://www.esurranty.com/iphone-7-plus-insurance/ and yes our policy covers loss and theft. In regards to being cost effective, we advise that a 2 year plan is usually more cost effective as the price generally go down for the coverage after the 2nd year.

By Rachel M., OP CS Manager

Thank you for contacting us. A policy under your name is listed as refunded in our system. In looking at the claim notes it shows that you were informed 03/13/2017 that the credit was returned to us so we resent it to your bank.

By Rachel M., OP CS Manager

Thank you for contacting us. All you have to do is purchase your new policy from us online and once you cancel your other insurance with Asurion, you would send us your cancellation confirmation from them and we will then credit your account $20.00.

By Rachel M., OP CS Manager

If you have a yearly prepaid plan, then it is covered under your policy with us. If you chose the monthly payment option, the coverage will not cover it as coverage for monthly payment plans does not start until the 30th day after the policy is initiated.

By Rachel M., OP CS Manager

As we are not affiliated with Apple as stated on our web site, it is not a surprise that Apple employee's have not heard of us. Also, apple would never want a customer choosing any other coverage than Apple Care+ as it would be in direct competition with them. Please feel free to contact us directly with any questions and an agent will be more than happy to help you. We do not pressure sales on customers, we simply give them the fact of our coverage and let them make an informed decision. Posting guidelines prohibit me from listing our number, but a quick search online will bring it up for you. Thank you for considering eSURRANTY.com and we hope to earn your business.

By Rachel M., OP CS Manager

Yes we offer discounts on multiple devices. The discount depends on the number of devices. We offer family plans as well as corporate and educational plans. Please feel free to contact us through our live chat or email our sales department (sales@esurranty.com) for a specific quote. Thank you for considering eSURRANTY.com and we hope to earn your business.

By Rachel M., OP CS Manager

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the eSurranty staff and other customers.

We are a mobile device service plan provider.

Business History

Esurranty has been in the service plan extended warranty industry for over 16 years. The inception of our business evolved from the sale and wholesale distribution of computer parts and peripherals. We evolved into an extended warranty provider to the corporate market for existing customers that purchased our products. Over the last 7 years, Esurranty has offered our service plans for mobile device products to the consumer market through esurranty.com.

Rachel M.
OP CS Manager
Ms. Meadows is a 8 year employee that handles all aspect of client relations and customer service. She is the head of our customer service department as well as the liaison between customers and our accounting department. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact her.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eSurranty?

Have a question about eSurranty?