Review of eSURRANTY

Tel: 888-672-5619
sales@esurranty.com

bethb89
1/9/18
• Updated review

There is the reply from Essuranty immediately after I posted my update.

"Response from *., eSURRANTY Representative
Responded 55 minutes ago
You have failed to mention how you disputed payments to us and broke your contract which would then turn fault to you. You can't throw stones when you live in a glass house!"

1) What professional company would word a reponse like this?
2) I disputed my payments on the 2 policies in which I make monthly payments because I did not receive my cell phone back after a couple of months. These policies are for other phones not the one in question in this review
3) I was all but told today that my phone was lost along with 18 others most likely, because Essuranty has no clue what the contracted repair center did with the phones. However, magically the phone is scheduled to be shipped on 1/12/18 but since I have disputed payments on the 2 policies mentioned above I would be responsible for the payment of the repair and shipping.

Do you see the trend here. Do you see how EVERYTHING is the customers fault and they will do anything to scam you out of your phone and if not that then your money. I have stated to them many times, i will gladly pay the outstanding balances owed once I know my phone is in route back to me. Let them try and charge me anything beyond what I actually owe. I will have zero issue hiring an attorney at that point.

I wanted to provide an update after sending emails almost on a daily basis since my last post and I STILL have not received a response from anyone at this scam of a company.

If you notice most all of the positive reviews are given during the sign up process to get a policy, however, many of us after filing a claim never receive our phones back, when we submit online complaints * responds the exact same way to everyone, placing blame on the customer and none with Essuranty itself. The replies are unprofessional and almost child like.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! There are many others out there that are professional, that you can use in your local area, and that will provide the customer service we all deserve.

I plan on filing a police report with the Miami-Dade Police Department and also going to the local new media outlets in the Miami-Date area to see if they are willing to conduct an investigation into this company. There are far to many of us that have never received our cell phones back.

* wants to state that customers are committing fraud, well how many cell phones has Essuranty stolen so far from it's paying customers. With cell phones costing upwards of $750 to over $1000, I'd say that are breaking the law themselves.

If anyone wishes to join me in this fight, please feel free to contact me. I am willing to do everything possible to shed light on this fake company and its practices.

*Personal information redacted by admin

“Scam Company”
12/21/17
• Previous review

My experience is the same as everyone else here that has given a negative review of Essuranty once you file a claim with them. I sent my phone to them for a damaged screen over 3 months ago and never received my phone back.

If you try and email this company you most likely will never receive a response. If you call, no one will answer. IF (and this is a big IF) they reply to an email, it is filled with empty lies about the status of the repair to your phone.

The reviews about the sign up process are accurate, it is very easy to sign up with this company. Also, you will get an initial reply if you file a claim but I promise you, after that, you will not get help at all and the company will keep your phone, you will never see it again. I still have a lease commitment for my phone which I still have to honor with my cell phone carrier but I have no phone.

This is 100% a scam company, do not insure your phone with them under any circumstance. I would give them a negative 1000 stars if I could. This company needs to be placed under investigation and shut down. I have my attorney looking into what options I have and I also reported them to the BBB, I suggest that everyone that has a similar experience do exactly the same thing.

Update: In response to the reply from "Rachel" at Essuranty - Funny how 2 weeks worth of my emails are never replied to but within 2 hours of my review, she tries to downplay what is really happening and to make it seem like it is all my fault:

Here is my response to her:

OK....keep telling lies, you can not dispute what was written in your own words. The amount of BS you people put out is unreal. You don't reply to people on a personal level only when they file complaints against you and then you make it seem like the customer is always at fault. I am more than happy to put every single email I have written to you online and the very few you have responded to as well. I offered to pay both accounts in full and what did you tell me? I didn't have to at the moment because of the ongoing claim. So stop trying to make me out to be in the wrong here.

From: Esurranty Orders Processing Department. <orders@esurranty.com>
To: Beth Shade <birksha910@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, December 8, 2017 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: Cancellation Request and Remaining Balance Due on Policies 415412883 and 415413069

Ms. Birkeland,
At this time the policies are on hold because there are disputed payments for them. There are no further payments required from you as the dispute is processed. Although the status states that they are sent to collections, they are not. They were not sent to collections because there is an open claim to where we have not completed the claim and your assigned claims representative has notated the account that he has requested that your repaired device be sent back to you from the repair center but the repair center has not responded as to where your device is so we are giving them the requested allocated time requested by them to find your device and return it. Please be advised that the repair center is a separate company that is contracted by us to repair devices and has no affiliation with us other than a contract for repair. Should they not be able to locate your device, then we will have to replace it with a new one per the policy terms and conditions.

Thank you for your continued patience, R
Rachel Meadows
Orders Processing Manager
Esurranty, Inc.
rmeadows@esurranty.com
www.esurranty.com

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
You conveniently forgot to state how you disputed your payments to us and you were kept informed the entire way before you disputed your payments to us that because you have a phone that is not a popular model the repair center had to order the parts and that took additional time. The majority of the time for this claim is because the parts to repair your device are not readily available in the US and you disputed payments to us which is why your device has not been returned to you. You do not live in an area that has a certified repair center for your device and we offered you a loaner smartphone while the claim was in process. Once you pay what you owe, the claim will close and your device will be returned. Even the BBB closed your complaint when they received the information!
jeffb242
1/9/18

I've yet to file a claim, and knock on wood I never have to, but if it's as efficient and expedient as their their sign up process, then I'll be properly taken care of. I had originally purchased a policy for my original Pixel XL, but a month later I upgraded my phone to a Pixel 2 XL and they were able to transfer my policy to my new device, making the transition seamless.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
dianah88
1/8/18

I Purchased iPhone insurance, found it to be competitively priced and they offer insurance on loss and theft. Other companies do not offer that. Havent made a claim yet but I feel confident the company will honor the policy. I recommend esurranty!

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
punits3
1/6/18

Thx for making your site easy enough to use and buy insurance in no time.I just Špend like 10 minutes and was done completing Steps of buying insurance and get complete details around it.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
joshp52
1/6/18

This company is a scam! They dont pay claims, and you will never get someone on the phone and an email from them! Scam scam scam, they offer you $10 credit to give them reviews on different sites once you
Sign up! They are crooks!!! Im not a legit customer you just took $11.99 out of my account. 415415129 is my account number with you!!

Reply to your last message?

My account is being investigated for fraud?!? Are you kidding? I bought the policy on 12/17/17, I did have a payment declined, but you where still able to collect. You have collected from me each month, bank statements dont lie. And further more ifnhave $30 in credit on the account that would be a default Payment anyways. I didnt even make a claim until April 1st for a cracked screen, you people dont answer the phone ever, or return voicemails. I also sent you several emails that feel on deaf ears. The only email I received for you was my fax wasnt legibal which I resent 2 more times and even emailed the documents you requested 3 times. If Im being investigated for fraud why still debit my account the $11.99 on may 1st? You reply to customers on here but not when they call your number or email you! You are a scam and a joke! I will be getting all my payment to you reimbursed! Dont bill me again you crook!! None thing you have taught i will never review a company for store credit until I have had a true experience with them, not just 2 weeks! I have your service for 4 months before I made a claim but you say I committed fraud?!? GTFOH you scammer and thief!!

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
caryp16
1/6/18

We have insured our phones and smartphones with the "other company" for ages. When it came time to choose insurance for our two brand new Google Pixel phones back in December, eSurranty rose to the top of the list - on coverage AND price. I was also impressed with their customer reviews. Hopefully, we will never need to use the policies.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
mohitv3
1/6/18

I got my iphone x insured. Lost, theft eveything covered. Awsome service provided. Easy process. Thanks esurranty.

va6095
12/22/17

better value than the manufacturer... no opportunity to place a claim yet is only reservation with not handing out the 5th star

martinor5
12/21/17

Great customer service! I got a call back in 10 minutes and they walked me thru the issue I had. Great!

ryanm181
12/15/17

These are worst guys and pathetic experience. Looks like a scam. Don't spend your money in buying policy from these guys. Call there number, no one picks up and no one responds to email. I supposed to get a refund after cancelling the policy but neither they respond to emails nor pick up the phone.
NOT RECOMENNDED!! STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!

amyc204
12/10/17

Did a google search and found eSurranty after I bought my iPhone 8. My phone service provider doesnt offer insurance themselves so I wanted to find coverage since I just dished out close to 800 bucks for the phone. I couldnt find any other insurance that also covered Loss or Theft....definitely wanted those covered for such an expensive phone. It was VERY easy to sign up on their website and I felt their price was reasonable especially compared to other companies plans that did NOT cover loss or theft. So far so good with this company! Definitely recommend!!

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
dmitryn5
12/5/17

Buying an accidental loss/damage insurance policy for my Samsung Galaxy S8+ on essuranty.com was very fast and easy. I was able to get this done in under 5 minutes. I selected my phone, identified it using the IMEI number, ticked the appropriate checkbox to select the coverage levels and checked out via PayPal for an overall quick and easy checkout experience.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
arunk55
12/5/17

It was easy to take insurance and covers all damage.
It also gives coupons which got 8 dollar off on the policy

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
brianf131
12/5/17

I just purchased insurance for my son's $1000 iPhone X. Have not filed a claim yet, and hope I never have to, but good to know they are there if I do.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
kelleyl9
12/5/17

I started off thinking this company had fantastic customer service. Boy were they blowing smoke up my a**! I also filed a claim in Nov 2017 and I am still waiting to receive my reimbursment check. Take it to Apple to have the screen fixed and we will send you your deductible back I was told. Really? No one will even return any of my messages. Don't be fooled by them. They are cheaper because they take your money and you get nothing in return but a hassel!

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
kapils16
12/5/17

Easy to purchase online policy. Hoping will not get chance to take claim. Don't want to experience taking the claim.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
yanv1
11/28/17

Update for the review copy/pasted below:

Claim CL5164893- eSURRANTY Policy # 415397486

Another month has passed and I'm still waiting. Right after posting on this website my first review about this company a representative contacted me after a month waiting for him. He told me to not worry, and he promised that he was going to speed up the claim. Well, its been another month since then and I'm still waiting. I wrote them again several emails and messages through their website and never got an answer.

OLD REVIEW FROM A MONTH AGO:

10/28/2017:
I lost my Iphone 6S six weeks ago. I made the claim, immediately the day after they charged my credit card a $189 deductible, $69 extra for the iPhone with 64gb memory, and $99 for a temporary replacement phone while processing the claim.

THEY HAVE NOT SEND ME ANYTHING YET, THEY NEVER ANSWER MY EMAILS OR MESSAGES THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE.

THEY CHARGED ME $360 FOR MY CLAIM, I HAVE NOTHING BACK FROM THEM, AND NOW THEY ARE MISSING - SCAM -

11/03/2017:
**Update: A few minutes after writing this review they responded to the review. Seems like they are fast for this kind of things. A couple hours after the review I was also contacted by the claims manager... What a coincidence, right? Well, I responded him immediately, like 2 minutes after receiving his email, and seems like I'm gonna have to wait another 6 weeks to get an answer from him again. OH! And just to make it clear, I don't have any email in my junk folder from Esurranty, I check my junk folder almost every day, so that excuse does not work for me!

Tip for consumers: DON'T TRUST POSITIVE REVIEWS. THEY REWARD YOU WITH CREDIT TOWARD PURCHASES IN THEIR COMPANY IN EXCHANGE FOR POSITIVE REVIEWS

lauras290
11/23/17

I bought this insurance because I heard good things about this company and go figure my phone broke so Im gonna see what they send me

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
donaldb102
11/23/17

Great rates, but search for online coupon discount codes. Even better rate. Coverage and deductibles are better than major carrier pricing.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
kevinl194
11/21/17

So where to begin. Oh, I know! The price of cell phone insurance. Rather than paying your cell phone company upwards of $10/month, you can get the same or better coverage with eSURRANTY for a fraction of the cell phone company cost. And - If your phone is not fixable, lost or stolen, they do not give you a refurbished device like all of the other companies do, they give you a brand new phone. That's my kind of insurance company. Check them out as you won't be disappointed!

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
albertp42
11/20/17

Ok please take a quick look at this , what they claim is all BULL***^

-There IS NO SAME DAY SERVICE....
-THEY SEND YOU A GARBAGE PLASTIC IPHONE5c....THAT DIDNT WORK
-TOOK 2 weeks for them TO TELL ME THAT MY REPAIR COULD NOT BE DONE (then they wonder why people scam them and say they lost their phone when they pull things like that , smh )
-ITS BEEN A WEEK AND I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN MY DEPOSIt back or my refunds , and I started he claim on October 10th.
- They pay you to write good reviews in credits , so all of their positive reviews are BOUGHT LIES

Heres it in detail:

This company is the biggest Sham out there. I brought my phone to them because someone tried to repair it , And pretty much messed up my phone. When I sent it in it took them two weeks to tell me that they could not fix my phone and it was not covered. On top of it there is no customer service on the phone and everything is he said she said through email.

Like I said it took two weeks to even get my loaner phone which is a iPhone 5c and did not work. Now I have been waiting a week for my return label and all my refunds.

Dont be fooled by all the positive reviews they pay you in credits to write a good review about their company to drown out all bad reviews which are the truth. Try calling them ? Impossible to get someone on the phone. Messs up on your paper work , and the back and forth BS they put you through ? It delays the process a week!!! I didnt even mess anything up , besides the phone , and I got screwed with that too!!!!

leroyr19
11/18/17

Very good service for the price, customer service is very respectful and respond fast. Fees are inexpensive.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
robertr319
11/18/17

Great Coverage. Excellent prices. Easy sign-up. I bought a Samsung Note 8 45 days ago and wanted theft insurance because I will be traveling. No one else offered theft insurance with their plans after 30 days. Glad I found them!

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
pjr4
11/15/17

I sent my iphone to have it fixed. They say they couldn't fix it and I could buy another one from them. So I didn't get my phone fixed, and I asked them to return my phone and never got it back, very shady

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Your claim was in December of 2016 and we contacted you over 10 times informing you that your device needed to be replaced as Apple stated the device was too damaged to be repaired and that you had to pay your deductible before we could send you the replacement!
angiel59
11/15/17

Cell phones are so expensive these days, insurance is a must to have. Having the option to replace a broken or stolen phone at a fraction of the cost is great.

I am sorry you are having an issue with your claim. You can contact the claims departments general mailbox at claimsdpt@esurranty.com and your concern will be forwarded to the claims department manager. Our claims department does not have a direct number but each claims representative has their own extension. They can choose to give that to customers, but they are not required to as it is the policy of our claims department and underwriting to converse with customers by email as it is more efficient. As I can not look at an open claim I can not give you any information about your claim. I can tell you from the past claims I have seen when there is a delay it is usually that the customer did not send in the proper documentation or there is an issue involving fraud. I am not saying that this is the case with you, but I am telling you what I have seen in the past as we have hundreds of claims per day and our claim completion/payout rate is over 93% which is 20% higher than the industry average.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Is it worst consulting a Lawyer?

By Varun D.

Are you a real person?

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

The policy page for that device is here: https://www.esurranty.com/iphone-7-plus-insurance/ and yes our policy covers loss and theft. In regards to being cost effective, we advise that a 2 year plan is usually more cost effective as the price generally go down for the coverage after the 2nd year.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Thank you for contacting us.A policy under your name is listed as refunded in our system. in looking at the claim notes it shows that you were informed 03/13/2017 that the credit was returned to us so we resent it to your bank.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Thank you for contacting us. All you have to do is purchase your new policy from us online and once you cancel your other insurance with Asurion, you would send us your cancellation confirmation from them and we will then credit your account $20.00.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

If you have a yearly prepaid plan, then it is covered under your policy with us. If you chose the monthly payment option, the coverage will not cover it as coverage for monthly payment plans does not start until the 30th day after the policy is initiated.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

As we are not affiliated with Apple as stated on our web site, it is not a surprise that Apple employee's have not heard of us. Also, apple would never want a customer choosing any other coverage than Apple Care+ as it would be in direct competition with them. Please feel free to contact us directly with any questions and an agent will be more than happy to help you. We do not pressure sales on customers, we simply give them the fact of our coverage and let them make an informed decision. Posting guidelines prohibit me from listing our number, but a quick search online will bring it up for you. Thank you for considering eSURRANTY.com and we hope to earn your business.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Yes we offer discounts on multiple devices. The discount depends on the number of devices. We offer family plans as well as corporate and educational plans. Please feel free to contact us through our live chat or email our sales department (sales@esurranty.com) for a specific quote. Thank you for considering eSURRANTY.com and we hope to earn your business.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Questions? Get answers from the eSURRANTY staff and other customers.

8 Photos for eSURRANTY