Review of eSURRANTY

Tel: 888-672-5619
sales@esurranty.com

martinor6
4/6/18

This has to be the WORST company ever to work with. They changed my policy terms mid-policy (with absolutely no notification!) then failed to honor my claim or return my premium paid. A total loss (plus insult to injury that they kept my premium!). Liars, cheats and thieves. Stay away at all costs! Its truly unreal.

ericc169
3/26/18

This company has taken my money and my Samsung S8. They have had it for almost 2 months now and I cant get anyone to give me an update. All it was supposed to take was 3 to 7 business days. They have had the phone since February the 8th. It is now March the 26th. They will not return emails, answer the phone, or return any messages. I have been asking and asking and calling over and over. Sent multiple emails. My phone needed a screen replacement. The color is black. There is no reason they should still have it. Worst of all is they will not communicate with you once they have your money and device. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

anar105
3/26/18

A wonderful alternative but, be careful and carefully consider your lifestyle if you ever need to make a claim.

Unfortunately, my phone slipped out of my hand, falling and cracking the screen. I called 4 times, left two messages, send an online claim, send a follow-up email to the claim and finally, I heard back from the manager.

I had limited options if I needed my phone. You can mail it in and takes about 3 - 5 days to repair and receive back or you can take to a BestBuy (good luck getting someone to answer the phone) or you can take it to a ubreakifix shop (waiting around 3 hours for the repair).

I live a very busy lifestyle and my phone is my personal and business line. Therefore, to be out 3 to 5 days is not an option. The only option left is to take 5 hours of my day to go fix it, pay for it, submit for reimbursement and then follow up I am sure.

As said earlier, a great option from a cost perspective, just beware of your own personal schedule and if you have the time to take to go through the repair and reimbursement process.

philg49
3/15/18

They started out good when we needed a warranty repair for a broken iphone screen, but after we sent in the phone, they stopped communicating with us, and now after almost two months we still do not have our phone back!!!

The last we hear was a month ago they said it would be back in 2-3 days!

No explanation, no apology, and still no phone!!!

kimy33
3/10/18

Just signed up and it was so easy to sign up and then register my cell phones with the company. Its nice that I have cell phone insurance and not have it added to my monthly cell phone bill. Its a peace of mind if anything happens

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
georgeb250
3/9/18

Great Deal...Fully Covered...3 Years.. No claims at this time.. Feel secure and safe with this company.. Thank You!!

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
alexm360
3/5/18

Sent in iPad on 8/22/17 and now 7/11/18 and have yet to be called or emailed regarding the status! Just want my son's iPad returned!

grego1070
3/5/18

The process was very easy to purchase coverage. I purchased coverage for 2 iPhone 8 Plus phones and saved over $200.00 compared to the coverage offered by Verizon. I also received additional benefits not provided by Verizon!!! A+++++ Service

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
chrism473
3/2/18

This is a service I would HIGHLY recommend! I use this to protect my Apple Watch and know I will never have to worry! Much better than Carrier insurance, Apple Care, or Square Trade!

conniem96
2/28/18

I have used Esurranty for my phone for years. It is comforting to know I have this protection if needed.

trinag7
2/28/18

Thankfully, I have never had to use it yet but I like that they credit you for unused coverage on a phone that you upgrade and then give you credit for reviewing. I have had them for about 4 years and no complaints.

louisg40
2/23/18

I was surprised when I found that eSurranty.com covered by 4 year old Dell laptop including full replacement.
Id addition, I was excited to find that I could transfer the warranty to a new owner if I sold the laptop.
Best warranty out there.

martya15
2/23/18

Great Value - I switched my Pixel 2 XL from Verizon to T-Mobile when I loved to Arizona due to cell tower coverages issues and was offered insurance from TM for $15 a month. Too high - went online and found Esurranty for less than $9 a month AND it's better coverage. Winner!

kens236
2/21/18
• Updated review

They still have the phone, won't respond to calls or emails. Unfortunately, if you read reviews from real users, the story is always the same. No follow up, empty promises, then they just stop communicating. I'll be following up with the state attorney general next.

“Stay away”
2/14/18
• Previous review

They've had my phone for 5 weeks. Only responded to a couple of emails asking for status. Eventually I was told it was scheduled for next day shipping and that I'd receive an email with tracking information. That was a week ago, and they won't respond to emails. Phone number just goes to voice mail.

The response from esurranty ignores the fact that the claims handler continues to disregard emails, and that the phone was to be shipped overnight last Friday (it still hasn't shipped). Also, if the phone is still locked it is supposed to be delayed 7-10 days according to their own instructions. Not only did I follow their instructions, but even if their claim is accurate, it should have added no more than 10 days. They've now had the phone for 36 days with no return date in site. Have emailed every day since the claim that it was shipping. No responses.

The claim that there is a high number of phones in the repair line is completely contrary to the email from Sean Henson that this phone was scheduled for overnight delivery.

Finally, I was immediately charged the deductible for a replacement, not a repair, so there is no reason for the wait at all.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
In reviewing your account notes it shows that your device was sent iCloud locked and you were informed before you shipped your device that there is a 10 day wait if a device is received iCloud locked. It is also stated in all documents and emails to you. On 3 separate occasions you told us that your device was unlocked and the apple store found that it was still locked. We can not skip others repairs that followed the instructions to satisfy your claim because you did not follow the detailed instructions. The notes show that your device was finally showing unlocked and that the repair/replacement was scheduled but delayed because of the number of devices ahead of yours. Taking responsibility for your own actions is something one should always but seldom does in life. Telling only the side of the story that fits your wants is something everyone appears to do these days.
rosea148
2/14/18

They covered my iphone 7 plus 128gb and ipad pro 128gb. So far no problem. What a cheap insurance. What I really like is loss coverage and repairs. But I dont see my iphone 7 plus if covered for loss.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer. Please send us an internal ticket through your account with any coverage questions.
yevhenp1
2/13/18

13th Jan 2018 @ 10:07 AM

You Said:
Hi, it has been about month since i send you my laptop for repair or replacement. and i still waiting for response. Would you please update me what is going on?
Re: Where is my laptop
13th Jan 2018 @ 10:20 AM

eSURRANTY Said:
Your account notes show the device was sent to the Apple repair depot for diagnosis and repair. The latest update from them shows that the graphics chip must be replaced and that requires the board to be replaced. The request is pending underwriter approval. For more up to date information, please contact your assigned claims representative directly by email during their normal business hours which are Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm EDT.

23rd Jan 2018 @ 5:45 PM

You Said:
I have been send couple emails to * about my computer, and i never received any response from him. I send my computer to you almost 2 month ago, i still waiting for repair or replacement. Rick Lewis ignoring my emails. Now i am afraid my computer is gone and my money. if I would not receive any confirmation about my computer status or any email from *, i will contact police . Where is my computer?
Re: *
23rd Jan 2018 @ 5:49 PM

eSURRANTY Said:
The account notes show Your device was sent to the Apple store that we contract with and they referred it to their repair depot. We have not received any notes from them within the last week so I will send a request to our managing agent to contact them and send you an update as to the status.
30th Jan 2018 @ 6:36 PM

You Said:
I never received response fro * since about month. I send him 3 letters and he did not even respond to me. Where is my laptop, it is already more then month. I need supervisor phone number so i can contact with him. Give me please update on my laptop and supervisor phone number.
Re: *
30th Jan 2018 @ 6:42 PM

eSURRANTY Said:
* is the claims department manager and the notes on the account show that he replied to your inquiries as to the return of the device stating that he contacted apple's repair center where the device is asking them top update him as to what the delivery of the repaired device will be. The response was that the devices graphics chip had to be replaced and that it was on backorder for that device. I will forward your ticket to him as well. His hours are 8am to 4pm EDT., Monday through Friday.
3rd Feb 2018 @ 2:38 PM

5th Feb 2018 @ 5:48 PM

6th Feb 2018 @ 5:42 PM

You Said:
Worst company ever. If i will not get response till tomorrow i will submit clain to American Consumer Council.
7th Feb 2018 @ 6:54 PM

You Said:
I would like to know where is my laptop. It is already two month since i send my computer. How long i have to wait. I need supervisor phone number to call about this. It is unacceptable to wait so long. I pay money for quick service not for service like this. I need to talk to some one from higher management. * provide worse service i ever experience, i send him three mails with no response. How long i have to wait for my computer? This is first time i`m experience service like this. I will leave worst review on every social media. I have been sending emails for about month with no response.
Unbelievably bad service
9th Feb 2018 @ 1:29 PM

You Said:
I did call to your company many times and nobody call me back and pick up phone. I need supervisor phone number. I need to know where is my laptop. It is 2 month since i send it. Give me back my laptop. Worse service ever. Or i should call authorities?
I would like to know where is my laptop. It is already two month since i send my computer. How long i have to wait. I need supervisor phone number to call about this. It is unacceptable to wait so long. I pay money for quick service not for service like this. I need to talk to some one from higher management. Rick Lewis provide worse service i ever experience, i send him three mails with no response. How long i have to wait for my computer? This is first time i`m experience service like this. I will leave worst review on every social media. I have been sending emails for about month with no response.
Review
9th Feb 2018 @ 2:01 PM

You Said:
Now you can read reviews that i left. I will wait your response till Monday. If i will not receive your response i will contact Authorities.

Sincerely,

Yevhen Pavelko MD PhD
I want my laptop back
10th Feb 2018 @ 10:58 AM

You Said:
Please send me my lap top as it is, I don`t want you to repair my computer any more. It is too long. I just need my computer back. Send me my computer.
I`m calling to police
10th Feb 2018 @ 11:13 AM

You Said:
This is my laptop, i paid money for this. I paid you even deductible, and i will do depute if you not responding. Give me my lap top back. And answer my question.We will, at our option, repair or replace the
Covered Product within fifteen (15) business days. Repairs to a damaged Covered Product
will be performed at an Authorized Service Facility determined by us usually within one (1) to
three (3) business days.
13th Feb 2018 @ 6:31 PM

You Said:
Where is my laptop? How long i have to wait? I don`t want you to repair my laptop anymore. Just send me how it is.

*Personal information redacted by admin

rogerj35
2/12/18

Save your money, The company sounds good and makes a lot of promises for cell phone repair. The phone number always went to voicemail! When I had to file a claim I heard from nobody. I sent numerous emails and left messages. Two weeks later I got a response saying they're refusing to cover my claim! What a scam !!!!

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Your account notes show that you were told not only by email but over the phone that all replacements had to be approved and go through our contracted apple store. It is also stated in the policy terms and conditions that all replacements must go through our contracted apple store.
boba134
Bob A.
2/2/18

I have had policies on my camera, iPhones and iPads for several years. I checked all the competitors and eSurranty is just the best. Everytime Ive needed customer support or a question they have been right there. You can look around but you wont find a better company, period.

michelleo42
2/2/18

Highly recommend iPhone insurance through Essuranty...it is much cheaper and better coverage than phone service

shallumb
1/17/18

I truly love essuaranty. The staff there are knowledgeable and helpful. They are respectful and I like the fact they talk to me like human being and not trying to belittle me. They are very price efficient and price worthy. They definitely know what they are doing and I HIGHLY DEFINITELY would recommend them to anyone or any business that requires there type of service they provide.

susanr207
1/17/18

I placed a claim on December 30th, on Jan 2nd they emailed me of notification that my credit card was charged, without any further instruction. It is now three weeks later, my iphone is still not serviced and after one week of calling them. I now must inform others to not use this company. My Claim number was CL516449 and my policy number is 415412807.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Your account notes show a completed claim in April of 2017 where we replaced your device with a new one and a recent claim on 12/30/2017 to which 5 emails have been sent to you from 01/02/2018 until recently on 01/15/2018 from your assigned claims representative requesting information to complete your claim.
nathank40
1/12/18

WORST COMPANY EVER DO NOT BELIEVE THESE POSITIVE REVIEWS. I filed a claim 04/03/2018 of this year for my ipad. They contacted me for the deductible, which I paid. After that, no contact. I messaged, emailed, called, for months.. no response. I even mailed all my documents with a letter from a law firm to them due to no response.. letter came back deliverable. DO NOT BUY. TOTAL SCAM!! It all seems legit until you have a claim. They even deleted my account from their online system so I could no longer login to send messages requesting a response to my claim. BE AWARE!!

donnac211
1/12/18

Have had insurance on a MacBook for past 4 years. Simple renewal process and best premium price. Angelo, agent we have been dealing with, is great!

ricardos55
1/12/18

Easy to get insurance for cells, tablets, payments plan is awesome, low and affordable coverage starts same day and have plenty of options, I like this company.

ivanb67
1/12/18

Was really looking for an alternative from Assurion and Apple care. After doing some really intensive research I found out about Esurranty.com. I have been very impressed with the customer service and price thus far. I would highly recommend them for your phone insurance needs.

I am sorry you are having an issue with your claim. You can contact the claims departments general mailbox at claimsdpt@esurranty.com and your concern will be forwarded to the claims department manager. Our claims department does not have a direct number but each claims representative has their own extension. They can choose to give that to customers, but they are not required to as it is the policy of our claims department and underwriting to converse with customers by email as it is more efficient. As I can not look at an open claim I can not give you any information about your claim. I can tell you from the past claims I have seen when there is a delay it is usually that the customer did not send in the proper documentation or there is an issue involving fraud. I am not saying that this is the case with you, but I am telling you what I have seen in the past as we have hundreds of claims per day and our claim completion/payout rate is over 93% which is 20% higher than the industry average.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Is it worst consulting a Lawyer?

By Varun D.

Are you a real person?

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

The policy page for that device is here: https://www.esurranty.com/iphone-7-plus-insurance/ and yes our policy covers loss and theft. In regards to being cost effective, we advise that a 2 year plan is usually more cost effective as the price generally go down for the coverage after the 2nd year.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Thank you for contacting us.A policy under your name is listed as refunded in our system. in looking at the claim notes it shows that you were informed 03/13/2017 that the credit was returned to us so we resent it to your bank.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Thank you for contacting us. All you have to do is purchase your new policy from us online and once you cancel your other insurance with Asurion, you would send us your cancellation confirmation from them and we will then credit your account $20.00.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

If you have a yearly prepaid plan, then it is covered under your policy with us. If you chose the monthly payment option, the coverage will not cover it as coverage for monthly payment plans does not start until the 30th day after the policy is initiated.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

As we are not affiliated with Apple as stated on our web site, it is not a surprise that Apple employee's have not heard of us. Also, apple would never want a customer choosing any other coverage than Apple Care+ as it would be in direct competition with them. Please feel free to contact us directly with any questions and an agent will be more than happy to help you. We do not pressure sales on customers, we simply give them the fact of our coverage and let them make an informed decision. Posting guidelines prohibit me from listing our number, but a quick search online will bring it up for you. Thank you for considering eSURRANTY.com and we hope to earn your business.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Yes we offer discounts on multiple devices. The discount depends on the number of devices. We offer family plans as well as corporate and educational plans. Please feel free to contact us through our live chat or email our sales department (sales@esurranty.com) for a specific quote. Thank you for considering eSURRANTY.com and we hope to earn your business.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Questions? Get answers from the eSURRANTY staff and other customers.

8 Photos for eSURRANTY