Ebuyer

Ebuyer has a consumer rating of 1.59 stars from 142 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Ebuyer also ranks 195th among Marketplace sites. The most common issues with Ebuyer are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

This company responds to reviews on average within 14 days

• bought my new laptop here and was pretty good after a fiasco with the lenovo website -

• Ebuyer have some of the worst customer service i have ever come across and are trained in simply saying sorry.
  • So yesterday i put my order in coming to £615.00 with next day delivery within a hour my order got cancelled.
How would you rate Ebuyer?

“Seems someone was listening then”

Dean B.
2/21/19

Update: Thanks to Kat, Jade Clarke and possibly Emily? Looking into this matter my order was shipped the day after and delivered today which I greatly appreciate So once again I am a happy customer

“eBuyer sells items not in stock.”

Hari S.
1/22/20

eBuyer sells items not in stock. I ordered an item over a hundred pounds and as soon as the order was placed online their system said 'out of stock' and then refused to let me cancel the order. it took almost a month to get my money back. PayPal escalation, the works. Horrible horrible experience. Awful company and the main problem is the lazy customer services who just don't want to do any work. All their staff were the same but Emma Bentley was particularly obtuse.

customer service (47) day delivery (27) order (72) item (50) customer support (9) 3 days (8) refund (48) company (52) 5 days (7) terrible customer service (4) laptop (16) money (27)
haris9
January 22nd, 2020
philla6
March 15th, 2020
After pretty poor telephone communication, I paid for a rush order to be delivered Sat.
EBuyer business sent me a quote including the additional premium delivery cost and the bill was paid.
Imagine my annoyance when the goods didn't arrive!
We made several attempts to call, only to be told they don't deliver on a weekend to businesses !
Their loss. We won't be using them again as they are unreliable and service is poor.
Hi Phil,

I am very sorry to hear that your order did not arrive on your chosen delivery date and for any inconvenience this has caused you.

I would like to investigate this further with the courier, so please can you email me your order number and I will be in touch to discuss this further.

My email address is kat@ebuyer.com.

terryr536
July 4th, 2020
I purchased Synology NAS which stopped working after a week. Spoke with Ebuyer customer services who were unhelpful and extremely rude. They said that the item needed to be sent to the manufacturer, this despite me pointing out what is actually written in their return policy. They still refused and the customer service agent I was speaking with became very patronising. I have never dealt with such rude and poor customer service. Overall a stressful experience and I would strongly advise people to avoid, it's simply not worth it!
harryc241
January 8th, 2020
Sold us a NAS drive that was only suitable for Windows 7 computers, an operating system that has been obsolete for nearly half a decade. Requested 3 callbacks, which never happened, and denied any responsibility for it. We've spent a lot of money recently with them, and will now be finding another supplier, all for the sake of a £130 NAS drive, which we would've replaced with another from them anyway. It seems they wish to cut their nose off, just to spite their face. Very disappointing.
Kat L. – Ebuyer Rep
Hi Harry, I am very sorry to hear you have been unhappy with the compatibility of the NAS drive you have ordered and that our customer support team have not been able to resolve this for you.I would like to try and help get this sorted for you, so if you could send your details to Kat@ebuyer.com I will see if there is anything more I can do. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused. Kind Regards, Kat
andyr162
June 1st, 2020
I have now sat on hold for over an hour twice.
Both times my call has been cut off.
I need to discuss my order.
When placing the order the site would not let me create an account.
Their website states their is a live chat function.
This is no where to be found.
If they can not answer a phone in 2 hours I will be canceling my order, as any faith I had, has now gone.
alasdairu2
March 19th, 2020
Went through checkout for a GPU, got to the payment page and paid for it. Then the site glitched, they took the money from my account, then said there was an error and didn't place the order.

Now they have £300 of my money, and I don't even have a receipt.

Awful way to do business.
Hi Alasdair,

I am very sorry to hear that you have experienced a problem whilst placing your order.

I would like to review this, so please can you email your details to kat@ebuyer.com and I will see if there is anything more I can do to resolve this.

christ529
April 20th, 2020
Ordered 'In Stock' items for next day Saturday delivery. it's now Monday and items shown as awaiting dispatch. Emails and phone calls are not being answered. Appalling customer service
Hi Chris,

I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have exprienced and for any inconvenience this has caused you.

I would like to review this further for you, so please can you email your order number to kat@ebuyer.com and I will be in touch to discuss this with you.

markh1668
February 25th, 2020
I purchased 2 laptops for my elderly mother and young nephew to use to be able to keep in touch with me as I don't live in the country. I only recently found out that one is faulty and the other does not work at all. when I contacted them I was palmed off to the manufacturer because they only offer a 30 warranty. What a cop out, I had used the service a lot when I lived in the UK and they had been great but this is ludicrous, a 30 day warranty is a piss take for a re-seller.
Hi Mark,

I am very sorry to hear that your laptops have developed a fault and that our customer service team were not able to help.

I would like to review your order to see if there is anything further I can do to resolve this for you, so please can you email your order number to kat@ebuyer.com and I will look into this further.

deanw116
January 9th, 2020
If I could give this company no stars I would. The delivery is hopeless, was told 2 different delivery times, was told the item could be delivered up to 9 pm. Waited in all day and evening. Called customer service and was told by Emma they couldn't help. I hope they record the call for staff training. There are many companies out there sell the same items at the same prices so please avoid this one if you want a nice transaction.
Hi Dean,
I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced with your delivery. I would like to try and help get this sorted for you so please can you email me your order number to kat@ebuyer.com and I will review this further for you. Kind Regards, Kat
anishp9
March 31st, 2020
I made an order for £350 but didn't receive an order confirmation but saw the money was taken out of account.
I contracted customer services who told me to wait an hour. Several hours later and still no confirmation so I wnt back to them only be told the order didn't go through and they'd pass on the issue to payments. In the meantime the product was now out of stock and there was nothing they could do.
paula913
May 28th, 2020
Really BAD at everything they do - particularly any form of basic customer service. They ignore emails, they ignore phone calls, their supposed account managers introduce another layer of frustration - been waiting for an order for over a week, all paid for, with next day delivery - their courier Yodel (just as bad) claim they tried three times to deliver, but they confirmed that the driver's GPS was nowhere near each time - they say that the parcel has been returned to ebuyer - we're still waiting for contact from them - sent 24 emails over the last week and not one has been responded to - we won't use them again!
Hi Paul,

I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced.

I would very much like to review this for you, so please can you email your order number to kat@ebuyer.com and I will be in touch with an update as soon as possible.

andrec124
June 1st, 2020
Good range of items at reasonable prices, but there is always a caveat:
Next day delivery is 50/50 hit and miss. Customer services are impossible to get a hold of (No replies to emails, eNotes and I've been on hold for nearly 3 hours now. At this point I'm only keeping the phone call going out of a sense of morbid curiosity).
I would strongly recommend you look elsewhere. Maybe try Amazon or Scan.com
kieranh19
June 5th, 2020
Placed an order for a next day delivery, by the evening the order still showed as placed but not processed or shipped, left an email and got no response. 2 days later with 3 further emails and an hour on hold the order still showed no progress. Finally got through on the live chat to be told the order had been cancelled (3 days later now it is STILL showing as placed, not cancelled, and my money has been taken, the product page only now shows out of stock), and that I should be receiving my refund in 3-5 working days. Awful communication, awful treatment of customers.
michaelg2273
July 3rd, 2020
SHOCKING EXPERIENCE * AVOID
I ordered 2 x pc, 2 x monitors, 2 x keyboards (value £1622.20) & paid for NEXT DAY delivery. 3 days later (despite being told every day that the items had been shipped and were being delivered by the courier that day) they decided to be told one of the pcs was actually out of stock! No mention of the other machines or monitors until i had to wait on hold for a further hour to be told a categorical lie 'delivery was attempted & un-succesful at 12:30' We have commercial premises, that are occupied Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, not to mention the fact that 2 new members of staff have been twidling their thumbs waiting for their computers to arrive! I therefore ask for a refund which they refuse to process until the items are back with them! Needless to say I will never be ordering from these cowboys ever again and i suggest for your own peace of mind you dont either!
alexr595
June 26th, 2020
I recently bought a LG 55" 7510 smart TV but all i got was a broken TV im still waiting for my refund
simonm93
July 18th, 2017
Update - 9 Aug 2017

After being contacted by Ebuyer Customer Services who listened to my concerns, I have been provided with a full refund.

I am putting my previous experience down as a misunderstanding which has been satisfactorily dealt with in a pleasant and caring manner.

The 3 stars is because this whole episode has cost me 2 lots of postage and inconvenience with no additional compensation to acknowledge this.

I would trade with this company in the future, but with more care.

18 July 2017
Bought a TP-LINK TL-PA7010P KIT AV1000 Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit from them.

On delivery, found it didn't work. Went through trouble and expense of returning it for a refund, only to be told they don't accept returns from Business Accounts. They are sending the dam thing back to me apparently! Pointless!! FIND A MORE CARING PROVIDER IS MY ADVICE.
martinc445
July 7th, 2020
There is no option for zero stars which is closer to the service.

Items ordered were delivered late on 2 seperate orders. Items were damaged and I have been chasing a return for nearly a month.

No collection when arranged, they arrived a week later than booked. Threatened a £10 a day charge but didn't pay £10 for the week of missed collections.

It has taken a week for their courier to receive the damaged return.

I am still waiting for updates, I have to raise enotes and tweet to get any kind of update. Communication is diabolical.

I've used eBuyer for many years but after this, never again.
finnianp
June 24th, 2020
I did not receive my package. I wanted to be nice and allow some time for delivery delays with Coronavirus so I gave it 2 weeks before bringing it to their attention. I was told that they can't do anything because I reported it 7 days too late. And I don't get my money back even if it doesn't show up (which is looking likely).

I paid 60 pounds and didn't receive my item, and cannot get a refund. I'm amazed they have this policy.

I've started a charge back on my card so will get the funds back.

PSA if something like this happened to you with Ebuyer or another shady company: contact your bank or credit card company and you can get the money returned, they usually side with the customer without many questions asked.
garethm29
June 26th, 2020
Purchased some ram (32gb ddr4) When all 4 sticks were in the computer wouldn't boot so Ebuyer told me to send the faulty pack back to them and as soon as they received it they would send a replacement out. I got the email to say they had received it and now 5 days later still no sign of any replacement being sent out.
This is the second time I've had issues with faulty items and the lies they tell you on the phone.
Called them today to see if there was any update with my replacement and the person who spoke to me was like a broken record and was very patronising I think they need to send their staff on some sort of customer service training.
I no longer have any confidence in this company and they don't even deserve 1 star.
ianr149
December 27th, 2019
They were not interested in providing the missing 1TB hard drive, an essential item, that should have been in the case and the PC arrived with ZERO packaging materials internally or externally. It was an amazement that the thing actually worked and wasn't damaged during delivery. Purchase from them at you peril as they refuse to honour what you have paid for when they have messed up. I have been using them for 15 years, can no longer trust them...
Kat L. – Ebuyer Rep
Hi Ian, I am very sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service you have received and that your order was missing components. Please can you email me your order number so I can see if there is anything further I can do to help. My email address is kat@ebuyer.com. Kind Regards, Kat
cameronc118
January 22nd, 2020
I initially ordered a new pc and some parts on 29/11/2019 which arrived the next day. However, the pc would not turn on. So after calling them they said they would email call or email me about how to diagnose/fix it. After 3 days they got back to me and said that it needed returned and that it would be returned in 3-5 days. I received my second pc after 15 days of waiting. When I unpacked it it was also faulty and had to go through the same process to get it returned. It is now 22/1/2020 and I have still not received a working product.
Kat L. – Ebuyer Rep
Hi Cameron. I am very sorry to hear of your experience. I would like to review this further for you and would be grateful if you could please email me your RMA number to kat@ebuyer.com.

I am once again sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind regards
ronnieg64
June 10th, 2020
I've used Ebuyer for years and always been happy, great customer support and returns has always been a pleasant enough service. Then last week I had a basket full of parts for a build and couldnt sign in... My account is inactive due to a security reason??? I really dont want to go elsewhere but they wont offer much help or give a reason why :-(
thomasj711
May 4th, 2020
I ordered a gaming PC from eBuyer on 20/04/2020 for £899 on the basis that it was a pre-order, ok fair enough I had to wait a few days for it to arrive because it was a pre-order. When it finally got here it was an impressive machine, so I excitedly plugged it in and got ready to put it to use. This is where the trouble begins. I plug it in, turn it on and then a loud grinding noise starts to come from the case. This is when I realised the PC I've ordered was defective. After a bit of investigation and help from some techy people on Reddit I worked out the issue, one of the GPU fans was striking the WiFi adaptor every single time it span around which caused a constant grinding sound that was simply too loud to ignore, the thing sounded like it was about to explode! So after identifying the issue I left it for the night because it was 9pm by this point and called up customer services the next morning. The team were very helpful at this point, they opened up a return for me and the tech support guy tried to tell me something that might fix it, to move a wire out the way, but this didn't solve the issue and he told me how to send it back and receive a refund. This was on Friday and the shambles that is ebuyer doesn't open on weekends so I had to wait until Monday until I could send it back via DPD. That went fine and the chap on the phone said I'd have my money by Friday. Roll on friday - no money. I call up the hopeless robots at the call centre and after waiting for 30 minutes I got through to Emma who was no help at all and just said "well we're having delays due to corona, you'll have to wait, we can't offer an estimate on when the money will get to you, bye!" So after that fantastic experience, which was ultimately pointless as it advanced the refund process no further, it was once again the weekend and ebuyer were not open. Fast forward to today, Monday the 4th of may 2020 and I've just got off the phone with ebuyer who have given me the same old drivel "sorry it's delayed because of Corona, we don't offer compensation, we can't offer an estimate to when your money will be in your account, deal with it, bye!"
Utterly hopeless team, couldn't wish bankruptcy on a nicer bunch of cretins. When will I receive my £900 back? Who knows!
chrisw1169
June 28th, 2020
I order a gaming motherboard for my new pc build but when it used it the PC didn't any ethernet connection whatsoever it wouldn't even recognise that the pc has ethernet and then after updating everything that was recommended it didn't boot up. In the process of sending it back for a replacement hopefully goes well.
rhysl12
March 28th, 2020
The whole reason people choose (and pay for) next day delivery is because we need something fast. This is the second time this year I've ordered next day delivery for some important equipment from ebuyer and nothing has turned up. There's no information on the website about my order. I've called customer services 3 times, emailed kat@ and in 24 hours the only information I've been told is that 'they have asked the warehouse'. Now they are closed (why would a retailer like this be closed on a Saturday??). Looking around the web this is a fundamental problem with Ebuyer now, not related to the current situation. There are hundreds of companies out there that can deliver this stuff quickly with great customer service and web tracking. Stick to Amazon Prime if you need something quickly.

Hi George, we are a legitimate company registered in the UK. Please visit our website for more information! https://www.ebuyer.com/about-us Thanks Kat

By Kat L.,