Review of ebookers

Tel: +44-203-3203320
customerrelations@ebookers.com

jjjjjh
1/11/14

I concur with all the other bad reviews. Terrible company. Unprofessional. Best price guarantee my foot!. I am dreading my holiday with them now, wish I had booked with someone else. ABTA are you aware

andrewd30
12/11/13

I needed to talk to ebookers urgently about cancelling a flight. Only ONE PHONE NUMBER is allocated for this service and it was continually engaged with the message: "Sorry, lines are busy, please try later." FOR TWO HOURS!!
If there is any chance you will need to change your itinerary - DO NOT BOOK WITH EBOOKERS!!!!

elizabethd27
11/26/13

Wish I could put ZERO Stars!! After a problem with the website... Whenever I clicked on a ticket / price...the page loaded and said sorry this price is no longer available, and showed a more expensive price... So finally I managed to book a ticket, only to realize when I received the confirmation that it was for the WRONG DATES! So I called as soon as I realized to try to sort out this problem, but there was ZERO customer service, I talked to 4 different people, in France and in what sounded like a call center in India, and still no one can help me. There is no procedure for this kind of situation, I couldn't even change the flight and pay a fee.. NO, they REFUSED to change the dates. They suggested I cancel the ticket (with NO refund) and then buy a SECOND ticket at FULL PRICE. These people are crazy. I spent a month's salary on this ticket, and instead of arriving on the 20th of December to spend Christmas with my family, I ended up with a ticket for the 27th. Horrible experience and I will tell everyone I know to NEVER buy from this company. Really unprofessional, horrible experience. I still can't believe this is hapenning....

peterc50
8/26/13

Ebookers sent me a ticket with the wrong last name. First ebookers said they would fix it, then did, nothing, and when I pushed refused to do anything. They blamed it on Air France and security policy in the US (our destination). This is the problem with ebookers: as an intermediary they can blame everything on somebody else. I had to eat the cost of the ticket they issued for a fictitious person and buy a new one at a much higher fare. It's not worth it to use ebookers. It's not convenient, doesn't save time, and their prices are no better than the fares direct from the airlines. And they are thieves.

goldj
6/10/13

I have a MAJOR COMPLAINT with EBOOKERS.COM

The incident is narrated below:

I called a travel agency (ebookers.com) while in London around March 2013 to help me book a flight from London to New York for APRIL 9th 2013. The agent suggested several flights and ended up giving me a London-Montreal-NewYork flight. There is a Montreal layover of 1.5 hours. I told the agent that "I have a Philippine passport and a B1-B2 tourist visa for the US, is that ok?" and the agent said try to check with your local embassy regarding visas for transit flights etc etc. Thinking i didn't need a visa for the 1.5 layover, i didn't bother checking besides they're the agency so they should help me book a flight based on the documents i had already mentioned.

At the day of my flight, I was at the airport about to board but the staff didn't let me get on the plane cos apparently I needed a Canadian visa for the layover. I COMPLETELY MISSED THE FLIGHT AND HAD TO FLY A DIFFERENT AIRLINE THAT DID NOT REQUIRE ANY TRANSIT. Upon arrival to the US, my luggage was delayed for 2 days and it was slashed open when it was delivered to me. My return flight to London supposedly last MAY 14 goes from New york-Toronto-London so whether or not I needed a transit visa, it was pointless to fly that same flight back.

After weeks and weeks of arguments with call center agents and supervisors of ebookers over the phone from New York, they said its not an agent error so they won't refund me nor reroute my flight back or any other offer to settle the whole thing. My point is as a PAYING CUSTOMER, I needed the service of a travel agency to avoid the hassle of booking most especially because I didn't know if I needed other documents for travel. All i knew was I had the US visa. I gave my details and the agent shouldn't have assumed that I had documents. They should have just given me a direct flight knowing that I had a Philippine passport and a US tourist visa. The agent was very insistent in selling the ticket though I've said during the conversation that I WANTED TO PUT THE PHONE DOWN FIRST AND CHECK THE FLIGHTS FOR MYSELF ONLINE because I had a hard time figuring it out over the phone. Basically, the travel agent DID NOT REALLY CARE if I had documents. He barely asked questions about it. ALL HE WAS REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT WAS MAKING THE TICKET SALE. EBOOKERS SHOULD NOT BE A TRAVEL AGENCY INSTEAD, A TICKETING OFFICE!!! I would've just booked the ticket on my own if I HAD TO FIGURE OUT ALL THE DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS ON MY OWN!

As I have said, I had been talking to agents and supervisors of the call centers in India and Philippines (connected with ebookers) complaining about what happened. I booked through an indian call center and they made me listen to the audio bit of the conversation when I say that I had a Philippine passport and b1-b2 us visa and the agent said check with your local embassy etc. AGAIN INSISTING THAT THERE WAS'NT ANY AGENT ERROR.

NO AMENDS WERE OFFERED. I PAID FOR A ROUNDTRIP TICKET THAT I NEVER EVEN FLEW ON WITH THE COMPANY'S KNOWLEDGE AND STILL NOT A SINGLE PENNY WAS GIVEN BACK OR OFFERED TO ME.

THIS IS CLEARLY THE MOST SHAMEFUL COMPANY I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. YOUR EXECUTIVES SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THE KIND OF SERVICE THAT THEIR COMPANY PROVIDES THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!

johannw3
5/6/13

Terrible site - they have an unposted price guarantee clause that you have to do a screenshot within 2 hours.

andrewc52
5/2/13

I would rate them one star but it would not let me put -0. They advertised on a separate site a different hotel when booking came to and booked it ended up being another dump 15 miles away. I paid 399 I ended up with a 218 refund!! do the math disgusted with the customer service and the way they blame everyone else.

johnm196
3/27/13

I spent thousands of $ with this company because I thought, like most of the reviewers, that is is a good company with good prices...

The problems come when you need support of want to reschedule for a valid reason your trip (e.g. sickness). The airline would allow you to do this, the hotel as well, but if you book vie ebookers other conditions apply. f
First there is absolutly no customer support, you cannot even send them an email, you can only call them for expensive rates to speak with some clueless employee. First, they told be that I could reschedule, then they told me that I cannot, then they told me that actually I can but the location cannot change. Every time I called them I got another version of things. I asked them to send me by email the official conditions which state that I cannot change the flight location (these terms are officially agreed at the moment of the booking), they did not send anything. Basically you have to belive what they tell you.

You cannot trust these people, if something goes wrong not only you lose your money but you are on your own.

Advide: use ebookers.com only to browse locaiton/holdel, etc. Then book everythong separately, you will have more flexibility in changing your plan and if things go wrong you might have a better support. Ebookers works only you do not need to interact with them, and still you will have a big risk that you need to change something, And then all the money you saved with them because of your previous bookings you lose it in one shot. That's the cheat in their business model! Never gain!

flavioo
10/4/11

I leaving in USA, decided to use this website to book tickets for my sister and family, which leaves in UK, to come to my weeding in December. Month after I book the tickets got a e-mail informing flights was change and my options:
Full refund or take the new times proposal.
Just for the records, the new flight times would be after my weeding.

jamesg1
4/10/09

spammers, hidden charges not disclosed - Having recently booked 4 tickets for friends to Lanzarote with ebookers.com it was told that the cost of my flights would be £218.78 avg per person all taxes included. only when I purchased did I find out that there would be a £10.00 charge per ticket over and above the cost of booking direct with the airline.
Although it did say earlier on in the process "a fee of upto £10.00 per ticket May be applied", that was as deffinite as it got until you had paid the price. On the book out screen, there was a chrge of £0.60 payment card fee, but there is no mention of the £10.00 per ticket, this is well and truly hidden in another additional click on Taxes and Fees, but even on opening this it is still not clearly disclosed that £40.00 extra has been added on. On trying to complain about this, my telephone calls were put through to India and the Pillipines, and I was refused the telephone number and email address for the London Office.
To make matters worse, I now find that apart from fleecing me for £40.00 there is an additonal luggage charge per customer, each way, levied by the airline that was not disclosed by ebookers, nor the airline concerned.

My concern is that ebookers are deliberately witholding and hiding relevent extra charges knowing that anyone in their right mind would not use their service and willingly pay £10.00 per ticket over the price of booking direct with the airline.

In my view, this practice is, at the best shady and bordering on deception.

No, they are in English pounds

By Colleen F.

Questions? Get answers from the ebookers staff and other customers.

1 Photo for ebookers