Review of ebookers

Tel: +44-203-3203320
customerrelations@ebookers.com

kishab
3/3/15

I Brought A Round Trip Ticket And It The Balance Was One Price. I Gladly Paid For The Ticket Then My Phone Gave Me An Alert Come To Find Out My Ticket Was 2 Hundred Dollars And Some Change More! Can't Get In Touch With Anyone!

janisz1
3/2/15

I tried to cancel my reservations because I found a flight from the airline at $430 cheaper. I called to cancel, but was told that all I had to do was take a screen shot of the cheaper price, email it to them, and they would match it. I was also told that if I wanted to cancel, It would cost me $60. I promptly emailed them the screen shot. I received an email from ebooker saying that they couldn't match the price because it was more than 5 minutes since I booked my flight with them. I called to cancel and was told that it would now cost me $430 to cancel. What a rip!!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!! I found it interesting the the price that they were going to charge me is exactly what I would have saved booking through the airline!!

katiew18
2/20/15

I have booked lots of holidays via Ebookers and never had a problem. I recently booked a flight and car. On collecting the car the clerk informed us there was nothing to pay so I signed the agreement thining it was just to release the vehicle and showing what was covered. On returning home we had a £133 charge for additional cover that was not discussed with us. I contacted Ebookers to discuss this and was told that as I had signed the form so it was tough, all my fault even though additional cover hadn't been raised by the car hire firm. They did not move from this position or let me speak to a real person about the problem. The car hire company in the UK said this was outragious and the credit card company said that it happens a lot. Ebookers still think it is all my fault.
I will be using Expedia from now on.

colleenf9
2/12/15

The worst customer service I have ever encountered!! I would rate it lower if I could! We booked airfare to Rome. Months after we booked, the flight time were changed from a morning arrival to an evening, missing our train in Rome. Then the real hell begins....try to find a way to contact them. Their phone seems to be a closely guarded secret...after 2 EChat (which thank goodness I kept the transcript from) I was finally able to speak to a live person. A refund was supposed to be given......but EBooker said the airline gives it....that is not how it works.....EBooker apparently issued us 11 tickets instead of 3. 8 of them were blank. They never communicated the refund correctly. I am left with 11 ticket numbers. The airlines and my credit card company are stepping in to help get the refund. The airlines administration actually said it was so screwed up that they would help me themselves. Never again....book directly with th airlines!

anthonyh48
1/25/15

Rubbish customer service, failed to keep their own promises.
Ebookers changed our flights due to an airline schedule change. According to the airline, they were given a choice of 4 new flight options and should have consulted us - the customer. Instead they chose for us, changing the entire routes, airlines and lay over times, making the whole trip much more difficult than we had wanted. To make matters worse, they chose an option that I could have booked in the first place at a cheaper price. They never called us back, even after promising to do so 3 times and kept to their policy, stating that these were minor changes. Their customer service is awful and I would not use them again.

jenr14
1/21/15

I've booked on Ebookers several times (Int'l flights, hotel, train) and I've never had any problem at all. There are no hidden charges and the price I see on the page is the price I had to pay. The confirmation of my bookings were sent to my email promptly. I love them more now because of the loyalty bonus scheme which all adds up. All in all, I can't fault it.

ap537
1/14/15

Booked a package Holiday and was told topcash back only give 3% cashback, I took their word. Later I found topcashback was giving 8.4% so tried to cancel after 3 hours but ebookers refused and wanted to charge £100 admin fee. While I was talking to them they hung up on me twice. Totally unreliable and unprofessional bunch of people. Would never use them again.

peterw51
1/13/15

absolute rubbish company. They got the names wrong on the tickets and charge £25 per ticket for correction even though it was their mistake

sanas
12/15/14

I tried booking a ticket to India and since the price on this website was cheap and I needed a ticket for tomorrow, I booked a ticket.

I filled out some forms and made sure that I didn't choose an insurance. I filled in my debit card details and once I clicked on 'Book', the screen got blank. I tried refreshing but nothing worked.

After filling in my debit card details I was supposed to be taken to a secure page but I instead I was redirected to a blank screen. At that point I wasn't sure if they booked a seat or not because I gave them my card details but I didn't get a confirmation e-mail. So I waited for a few minutes but no confirmation.

I called customer service but I had to wait at least half an hour in queue although I was supposedly only second in line.

Once I actually talked to a normal human being about the status of my booking, I had to wait for another half an hour. I honestly don't know what they were checking but they asked me to call back after an hour.

I was pissed of at that point but I waited. I checked my account for any transaction and at that point no withdrawal was made.

I called an hour later and I was told that no booking was made.

Fine.

BUT in the afternoon, I got a notification that a company called e-bookers withdrew 698.37£. This was the price of the ticket that supposedly wasn't booked in the morning.

I was furious and called right away. How could they withdraw the money if I didn't
even book a seat? I also didn't get a confirmation e-mail (I constantly kept checking in case). I told them to cancel my 'booking' and was charged 25£ cancellation fee.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it in the first place

simons59
12/11/14

I have booked with ebookers several times. Before when there was a problem I could get someone on the phone and it was sorted. But things have changed. I rang customer service and entered the queue as number 6. After 30 minutes I was number 5. How can a company this size have only one person on the phones? Sadly my days booking with them are over. Thankfully there are many alternatives!

eh42
12/2/14

I also had a problem with this company. I'm from Los Angeles and try to book a flight to Colorado and I noticed the flights were cheaper with ebookers although it never stated that the price was in British pounds. It should give some type of breakdown for their customers. My ticket actually cost over $200 more then what was advertised. I was also hit with some kind of $17.26 international purchase transaction fee. These charges totally screwed me. It put my bank account in defict. I was then hit with a overdraft charge and now in bad standing with my bank. When I tryed to call the long distance number it was disconnected. On line the only info I could get was there are no refunds! I noticed there are no 1800 numbers. They make it impossible to contact a real person for US clients. I will never buy tickets on here again and will boycott this company.

Tip for consumers: Never use this site it is a scam!

georgek46
11/19/14

I filed a case with my bank and they started investigation on the unauthorized booking made using my CC details, however ebookers are not willing to provide any details such as IP addresse from which the booking was made etc. and why they didn't ask for any more details besides my misspelled name on the booking.

It's 4th or 5th day that I was promised each day to be sent all call recordings, emails correspondence and chat copies to my email account which is registered with my bank and to which my bank representative asked to forward all the info.

Each representative I talked to apparently has also lost members of their family just recently and claimed they understand my situation and are doing their best.

As regarding to likelihood of them being scammers, you figure it out - a sales team based in India getting commissions on booking and having the monthly sales goals.

My only stupidity was to store my Amex details in Google Drive as a back up, with pretty medium security password which I had to reset after seeing all the BS emails from them.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from them unless you are born lucky - all I can add...

zenah1
11/18/14

I had originally booked flights with ebookers flying out from London GW to Dubai via Kiev. After careful consideration I felt It would be just as much in price and less of a hassle (as I would have a long wait for a connecting flight and would have to organise two over night stays due to the unusual flight times) that it wouldn't be much extra if I changed my flights and bought another ticket to fly direct from London to Dubai. I phoned Ebookers and requested to cancel my flights after finding direct flights on 'Travel up' at a more reasonable price. The booking officer insisted that he could offer the same flights through ebookers via their Price Guarantee service. I thought this was great and went ahead with the booking. On approaching the end of my booking, the final price offered from ebookers was not the price matching the 'Travel up' website. They offer a price guarantee service however, I would have to take a screen shot of the 'travel up ' offer and send it on to PriceGuarentee@ebookers.co.uk. The booking officer informed me that I would need to make sure it was a legitimate website, and that the exact flights represented were the same featured on eBookers.

I did exactly as instructed and sent my screen shot of to the advised email.
I had a reply stating that what I had sent did not show the date, I later sent another screen shot back highlighting the date along with the required evidence. I again received another email stating that this was insufficient due to the fact that the flight number was not visible. I then sent another screen shot highlighting the flight number, price, date and time of the flight, the date and time I had discovered the flights along with the website it had featured on. Again, another email stating that this was insufficient.

Im not sure what more I need to do in order to receive a price match and I am very disappointed and let down by the service provided by the company and their inability to pay up!

ms153
11/12/14

Terrible service with ebookers. I booked a return flight but received a confirmation for the same dates but with reversed destinations. This is definitely their error as I checked the details again and again before booking. Now they are refusing to correct this and asking me to resolve with the carrier. The carrier would of course charge me the price for a new flight and at Christmas prices!

renatag2
10/20/14

very bad service. i dont recomend and will never use them again
requested to change my return ticket but the agent on the first time took 45 min to check, kept asking non sense questions and in the end said to buy a new return ticket. then i also tried on their online chat, it was very frustrate, they are not willing to help, they just do the basic and dont care at all. Conclusion, they could not change my return ticket and took over 40 min to check. very useless. next time will buy directly from airline.

stuffk
9/30/14

I am so disappointed with this website and the outrageous mistake that is has made with my booking today. I was trying to book two flights that would take me 8 hours, now I am on a flight that is going to take 24 hours. As the website was taking forever to load, it has processed a booking for a flight plan back to the default flight, which I am amusing is the first flight on the top of the selection list! NOT Happy! EBookers then proceeded to send me an email outlining the payment was being processed for the WRONG flight and also a reminder email to CONFRIM MY CORRECT FLIGHT!!!!!!!!! All the while bringing me back to a LOADING AND PLEASE WAIT confirmation page on the website with no stipulation of flight details. I tried to call the contact number immediately from the only phone I had access too, which is the hotel phone, to which EBookers then began to charge, after giving numerous options and costing a lot of money I had to hang up as fair of cost. I now have three emails from EBookers confirming the top of the list default flight I didn't want and a opportunity to confirm the flight I did want, all with a price difference of 20 pounds.

To my knowledge I have never used this booking website before and I never will again. It is also extremely rare for me to be this angry and write a complaint.

robn13
8/12/14

eBookers want $100 to remove ONE letter from a passenger name on a flight booking with South African Airlines. What scammers.

Eighteen reviews on this site fro ebookers and two give them a score of two out of five and the other 16 give ebookers one out of five. What does that say about the competence, integrity and customer service levels?

vk7
8/12/14

I was looking on ebookers website to book a hotel and it clearly stated on the site that if you book in advance you would get a 10% discount, but when I paid it did not give me the 10% back when I contacted them they said the hotel price was already at a discounted price ?? she then said thankyou for booking with ebookers and hung up.
SO THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU USE THESE

martins67
7/3/14

I am gratified to see a review that shows that other tickets issued by Ebookers arrived with a date that was not as requested
This has happen to me within the last two weeks
As with all the other reviews I found the chat line only capable of offering endless reasons why it could not be ebookers fault
Any sign of accepting the possibility that it might have been an error on their part was not within their vocabulary
Many hours wasted on a pointless quest for answers and certainly no possibility of a change to the proper date without penalties that amounted to almost half the original ticket price
DO NOT use Ebookers if you are used to any degree of customer support
It is a pity that this warning cannot be put on their site

andym52
6/23/14

All I can say is I will walk to my next overseas destination before I will ever book anything through e bookers again, They should call themsevles e scammers.

debbier17
6/12/14

This is the worst website that I have every dealt with. They said my total was one price and when I checked my bank it was almost $400.00 more for the ticket. They need to make people aware that the amount they quote you for the price of the ticket is in British Pounds and not American dollars. This website is very misleading and never use this one for booking airline tickets.

amandaw34
5/16/14

I used to book a lot with ebookers and when everything is fine that's great but when there's a problem, get ready for a lot of frustration. So many hoops to jump through to sort out something that was not my fault. First time I put it down to bad luck but when similar happened, I realized that it was the system that was wrong. Now I use different sites to make my bookings.

johanns9
5/5/14

In gerneral its a good company which I have booked many of my flights but there is too much upselling in the booking process...

honadas
3/9/14

I have booked airline tickets through ebookers and I had problems which have never been sorted. I have booked a flight time in error and immediately contacted them to move it to the next flight which was available on the same day. I have contacted the airline themselves and they have a 24 policy for full refund. However ebookers are not willing to help. The customer services are incompetent and brush you off by responses that are only suitable to their needs. I have had different scenarios from so called managers, I have tried to follow their complaint procedure but guess what they do not have any complaint department or procedure, their website is misleading and they do not follow the distance selling regulations, I have been trying to find out their regulatory body but with difficulty as all is hidden do do not abide by distance I would like to draw readers attention to try to avoid ebookers by all means. Please book your flights directly through the airline even if it costs a few quid more rather than go through the unpleasant situation I am in.

jennifers79
2/4/14

The plane ticket I reserved on ebookers.de was cancelled four different times because they couldn't confirm the flight connections (please note, that I changed the return date almost every time, thinking that it would make a difference... it didn't!). When I contacted ebookers.de to clarify an important issue, ebookers took two full weeks to finally respond.

No, they are in English pounds

By Colleen F.

Questions? Get answers from the ebookers staff and other customers.

1 Photo for ebookers