Review of ebookers

Tel: +44-203-3203320
customerrelations@ebookers.com

sinany
6/21/16

A couple of weeks ago, I booked a return flight ticket from Copenhagen(CPH) to Istanbul Sabiha Airport(SAW) for August 2016 on ebookers.com. My original plan was flying Copenhagen from London on Friday 29'th July, spending there the weekend with some close friends and flying Istanbul on the 1'st of August.

On Monday last week I received a call along with an email saying that "the airline company has cancelled your outbound flight to Istanbul on the 1'st of August because of operational reasons". And I was told that the Airline Company had already issued me with another ticket for the 2'nd of August. This obviously changed everything! I can not stay in Copenhagen one more night since my friends are going away for a holiday as well; plus I have another booked flight to catch in Istanbul in the afternoon on 2'nd of August. So I have no other chance but to be in Istanbul on the 1'st of August, otherwise I have to change my entire travel plans!!!

For the following days I contacted Ebookers.com's Customer Service several times in order to finding a solution. Each time I called in I spent nearly an hour on the line and each time there was a different person on the other side of the line. So I had to go through my story over and over again with every single member of Ebookers' Customer Service. After spending two days with Customer Service, I was finally told that Ebookers can not do anything but refunding the ticket price! What a proseffioonal Company & its professional Customer Service Team! Like a joke! Seriously..

Even though the Airline Company has several other direct flights from CPH to Isanbul on 1'st of August, I was kept told that there is no direct flight at all! I told Ebookers that I was OK with arriving Istanbul Ataturk Airport which is not far from Istanbul Sabiha Airport.

After all, Expedia kept saying there is nothing they can do as the Airline Company is not willing to offer me a ticket to Ataturk Airport. I was forced to either take the flight on the 2'nd of August or accept the refund. Flight tickets have doubled since the time I booked my ticket; staying in Copenhagen will cost me exstra; plus I have to cancel my folowing day flight within Turkey and purchase another ticket!!! A refund will obviously not compansate my lost and it seems like I'll have to cancel my original plans of staying over in Copenhagen and book a direct flight from London to Istanbul on the 1'st of August!!

All in all, I can say that Ebookers is far from defending it's customers' rights. They are there to work for their business partners' benefits! They dont have any corporate or business values!; They have a very unprofessional way of dealing with issues!; And their Customer Service is useless!

Don't book any holidays or flights on Ebookers! Avoid! Be aware! They might cancel your booking because of "Operational Reasons"! And I can assure you that they will not even bother to explain what are these Operational reasons!! Avoid! Dont buy!

bernardinec
6/13/16

Bad experience including Customer Service when trying to resolve!!
Although this was a couple of years ago it was such a bad experience that it is still in the front of my mind. I am only now writing something as I have been going through old emails and I found my emails in relation to this experience. I never complain or write bad reviews but we were really let down and the wonderful holiday was forgotten when we arrived at the airport on our last day.
Now, firstly, my partner and I both double checked everything after booking online before we proceeded with the payment.
I had found an awesome deal for us to go to Istanbul to celebrate Valentine's for which we were super excited as we didn't have much money to celebrate and buy each other presents so this was our present. Anyway, after an awesome holiday we got to the airport and the lady at check-in was taking her time checking the computer. We asked her if there was something wrong and she said that she couldn't find us on the flight. She then said that all she could find was a flight back to Ireland for us on the same date but for the next month. I said this was impossible as we had both checked everything before confirming and paying. She wouldn't let us board and said we could buy tickets for the next flight which would be in about an hour. We then checked our bank accounts which were blocked by the bank due to us using it abroad and forgetting to let the bank know. We missed the next flight and there was only one left which was going to cost 800 between the two of us which we had to take as we had work the following day plus we had no more funds to stay. So after a stressful 3 hours of trying to get the cards unblocked, lending money and getting money transferred we finally boarded the flight. Instead of being on a high after our awesome holiday we were so disappointed, angry and let down. When we got home the first thing I did was check our booking again and it was down as the date that the lady had said but it would have been impossible for us to book it incorrectly - firstly cause we had both ensured everything was correct before paying and secondly because the date we booked back was in the same calendar month but the following week so we did not need to open a new calendar month but just had to move the cursor to the following week on the same calendar. If it was a different month I could understand how it might have gone wrong. My partner is a bit of a perfectionist as well so enough said. I then got hold of Turkish airlines who referred us to Ebookers as we booked it through them but they were not any help at all saying that we were supposed to ensure everything was ok before paying and it could not ever be an issue on their side which I do not agree with. Things could go wrong with technology as well..maybe with the details passed on from e-bookers to the airlines but basically they didn't give two **** and that was that. So they were no help to us at and I have not booked anything through their website again. I would rather go directly to the airlines or Skyscanner who I find brilliant!

kristinea12
6/7/16

The customer service was really bad! Some of their staff were not knowledgable regarding the baggage allowance and I had been on the phone for more than 45mins!!! They could not answer my simple question and kept putting me on hold. ALSO, the staff used inappropriate language ($#*!) several times.

At the end I called the airline (PAL) to ask the information I needed - they gave a straightforward answer which only took less than a minute. Nonetheless, it was an bad experience with bookers.

marym330
5/17/16

Never book with these cheap third party "travel agents" registered in other countries (ebookers in India I believe). I spent 30 minutes trying to get something very simple sorted - a child tax refund - but they either couldn't understand or refused to. They also charged £15 each fees hidden under general "taxes" but do not make anything clear about their fees separately. Why do the OFT let them get away with this? I know why. The OFT doesn't exist anymore.

jolinl1
5/13/16

This is my open letter to Ebookers

Congrats Ebookers. You're currently the WORST TRAVEL AGENT EVER. You are probably going to delete this just like how you did to my previous post. To anyone reading this STEER AWAY FROM EBOOKERS. Extremely appalled at the terrible customer service, very incompetent bunch of service staff giving template answers and absolutely of no help to my situation. I GAVE UP WITH MY NAME CHANGE PROBLEM.

Firstly they want to charge 10pounds to add my Chinese name into the ticket. Fair enough. In my Defence, Chinese names are confusing because they don't categorise as middle name but yet they are not first names hence the order of name becomes a hassle. It is not reflected on my ticket hence I cannot depart the country and Ebookers will only refund 120pounds for a 470 pounds ticket.

Secondly they said the airline charged them 50pounds hence the cost will be passed to me. BUT WAIT! that's not the end. They said that in the event of difference in taxes and fees for my ticket I would have to pay the extra. That means they have to cancel my ticket and hence pay for the difference in my 'new ticket' AN INCREDIBLE INCOMPETENT WAY OF TICKET BOOKING AND A COLOSSAL SCAM. Why is my name change not on the same ticket? But having to rebook a 'new ticket'??? Is this not a way to get me to buy a new one at a higher price and hence increasing your commissions? Hence if the total price of my ticket is higher the larger your commission????

Lastly your customer service is abysmal. It is so so bad. I've made over 100pounds worth of calls all the way from Singapore to your 'helpline'. They did everything but help. Terrible attitude and offered zero probable solutions to my problem. I had to brainstorm for you them only to be rejected by 'sorry ma'am, policy, regulations crap crap crap.' You've ruined my holiday. Don't you dare call yourself a premier travel site. Don't you dare.

alano18
2/20/16

I recently needed to make changes to a booked flight for six passengers on the same flight. 2 were booked direct with the airline who charged in their local currency ~£15 per ticket to change. 2 were booked through Travelocity who charged the dollar equivalent of the airlines local currency charge. By contrast eBookers charged £116 per passenger. Their web page T&Cs claim a change will only cost £10 plus airline charges. When I complained to customer services the reply stated that their minimum charge for a change is £110 plus airline charges.

joycep21
12/22/15

My friends have booked a holiday to Gran canaria but when they printed tickets E bookers have booked 2 flights back from Gran Canaria to Newcastle instead of 1 flight each way. When he rang them up they refused to take the blame and said they don't make recordings of calls! So they have lost the flight money and it's cost them over £1500 to get extra flight to get there.

ete23
12/17/15

An airplane ticket was canceled without permission.And it is not refunded more than one month.The customer service was awfully tyrannical.They attributed it to the bank.
It was said that repayment data did not arrive when I asked the bank.
Probably They do not cancel the authorization.
However, they make a customer a bad person and cope by copy & paste and do not check it at all.I e-mailed them, but do not give an answer from next.
It is completely a crime if I do notgot refund it.

stephanusv
11/15/15

When I booked my tickets the baggage allowance was clearly stated as two bags of 23kg each. When the tickets are issued, it reflects as one bag of 23kg. E-bookers failed to indicate that the tickets are subject to additional restrictions (baggage restrictions) imposed by the airline. They conceded to the fact that they were in the wrong but refuse to accept any liability.

jordonh
11/11/15

DO NOT I MEAN DO NOT BOOK WITH THESE GUYS.

STAY AWAY, I BELIEVE THE REVIEWS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE ALL FAKE.

WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMPANY. I HAVE USED MANY OTHER COMPANIES BUT THIS COMPANY OH MY GOD.

I MADE A LAST MINUTE BOOKING, THEY TOOK THE MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT AND THE CANCELLED MY FLIGHTS, I CALLED TO FIND OUT WHAT HAS GONE WRONG. THEY SAID THAT CARD PROCESSING ERROR. SO I ASSUMED MY MONEY WILL BE BACK IN MY ACCOUNT SHORTLY. I SPENT OVER 2 HOURS CALLING IN BETWEEN MY BANK AND EBOOKERS TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE TO SEE IF WE CAN RESOLVE THIS. THE BANK SAID MY MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED IN 10 DAYS TIME.....
AND EBOOKERS SAID THEY WILL NOT CLAIM THE MONEY YET THEY TOOK IT...

I MADE THIS BOOKING FOR ME AND MY FRIENDS NOW EVERYONE'S HOLIDAY IS RUINED BECAUSE THIS COMPANY. MY FRIENDS ARE SO ANNOYED AT ME ( YOU SHOULD HAVE BOOKED DIRECTLY THEY SAID) WHICH THEY ARE RIGHT... IF THIS REVIEW JUST STOPS ON PERSON FROM USING THIS COMPANY I WILL BE OVER THE MOON. WORSE SERVICE AND I WILL NEVER EVER USE YOUR COMPANY. EVEN IF FLIGHTS TO THE MOON WAS £1 I WILL NOT USE YOU AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE HOW BAD YOUR SERVICE IS.

winniea1
10/6/15

4 !!!! 174000 !! !!!! !!

chrisg98
9/18/15

Well, they just don't seem to get better even if improvement should come easily when you start below the ground.

I've recently made the mistake of doing business with them and their spectacular incompetence cost me an extra 900$ plus a good amount of stress that I could certainly have done without. In fact, they failed to notify me of a flight change. When I arrived at the counter, it was simply empty. I missed my connection; it was a nightmare in many ways.

When I called the "customer care service" (for lack of a more suitable expression), the rep was simply useless and his only concern was to make sure that the call didn't escalate. Apparently, I was "lucky" that someone picked up the phone. Finally, I had to take care of everything.

The good news is that it doesn't have to happen to you. Just keep away unless you really want to travel poorer and angrier.

pelicang
9/17/15

Not good experience: wasted one hour trying to book a hotel only to be told there was an error with every card I tried. Then rang Customer Services in India (the Website promised they 'could help with bookings'). They couldn't. The assistant sprouted a set script of total nonsense which neither she nor I could understand but basically saying she couldn't help or book for me or do anything. Avoid website & company at all cost.

ah818
9/14/15

Booked package deal with these, couple months after we booked, called customer service line as we wanted to change a few things, person spoke to didn't even ask for booking ref, just rudely said nothing allowed, explained that have called BA and they said we could but had to do it through company that we booked package with, person on home, Indian call centre just kept saying, didn't even ask my name, my package or any details and was very rude never use this company again....they take over £3000 for our hoilday but got money and that was it, disgusted

leahh14
8/24/15

I booked tickets to go to rome for our holidays then when we're on the airport we found out that our tickets are rebound we're not on the list of passengers to board. Their horrible! This is really scam never booked to them their gonna ruin your holidays! Rate 0

tasheikan
8/18/15

Prices are fraudulent! It appears you're paying one price for the tickets, but you will be charged too many fees per passenger. Expensive mistake

chuckh11
8/4/15

Definitely avoid this service. I booked a flight with them on the evening of March 29th and called them to cancel the following morning. The customer service representative to whom I spoke reassured me that he was cancelling my flight, but the charge continued to appear in my credit card statement. I called them again and they told me that since the 24 hour refund period had already elapsed, I should take it up with the airline. Now I have to pay nearly 400 USD for their mistake.

janc44
7/13/15

I been booking some fligths for a great event in Germany for me and my wife. As I got an accident only my wife can fly at that moment. I ask them to change the fligth for another person or to return the money. After months still not received the money. Despite have also "insurance" for cancelling they want to return only abt 30% of the cost, and from this abt 2/3 of the return will be the fee for "visa authorisation". THIS WAS THE SINGLE EXPERIENCE WITH THEM DOESN"T MATTER WHAT PRICE. They have no proper phone, chatting only...probable because from India as someone noted. Who can respond for their services in this claim? Where is registered this company?

soneyak
7/10/15

From my experience, Ebookers terms of service in relation to price matching are not comparable to competitors.

With Ebookers, the lower price offer needs to be printed the same day, within 2 hours after making the booking and the refund must be claimed within 48 hours of the time of booking. THEREFORE YOU ONLY HAVE 2 HOURS TO IDENTIFY A LOWER PRICE.

With a well known competitor, if you find your booking within 48 HOURS at a lower rate on their own site or another Party's site they refund the difference.

The flight and hotel I booked with Ebookers yesterday was £176 cheaper in less than 24 hours. I would had got the money back if I had booked with a particular competitor. But EBookers customer service were unable to deal with my query satisfactorily, were inflexible and lacked any sensitivity and completely reluctant to try and assist. A phone call that was due to be returned to me by a supervisor was not, instead I had to follow up. I personally feel that the indian call centres are out of touch and sub standard with the quality and level of service which would be expected in the UK.

cristinah3
7/6/15

I had a horrendous experience with this "travel agency". I should have never booked my ticket through them, as they are a scam.

- First of all, there is no accessible phone number. They have an international (UK) phone number with no US base. So if you are like me and have a limited calling plan, you won't be able to call them.

- Second, there is no email address! This should have been my first warning. Never trust a place with no email! They'll have a chat, but you can't change your flight or do anything through that. They'll tell you to call them

- Third, the phone number they give you is a UK - based, but really, you're speaking to people in India. So ebookers, supposedly English, is tricking us to believe they are in the UK when they are not

- Fourth, they are useless, mean, uneducated people. They will hang up on you when you try to change the flight.

- A change in itinerary, day, or whatever small modification you want to make costs about half the price of the entire ticket!

- Sixth, payment options are not flexible at all. If you want to pay with credit card, they charge a service fee. Only debit cards are free of that fee, and that's another sign of a scam. They make you use a debit card so that they can get your money.

I hope you can read this and know that, if I had done my research properly, I wouldn't have booked ANYTHING through ebookers. STAY AWAY FROM EBOOKERS, THEY ARE A SCAM!

Tip for consumers: Do not ever book a flight through ebookers!

nolans16
7/6/15

the prices are shown cheap but they also fluctuate a lot from airlines, so once a ticket is booked with available seat then the flight must exist with confirmation of ticket thru email or phone, if they change the flight then it is a site which makes scam in some places alone to purchase ticket. This website and place in uk needs to be investigated properly and make sure that they have connection with original airlines while processing and putting forth the display price

jackh68
6/6/15

I tried to purchase a flight and hotel package online yesterday. Made the choice and proceeded to the checkout. Put in all my payment details and it just crashed. Returned me to the choice screen displaying a message "couldn't complete this transaction at present but try later" something to that affect. I then decided to look on another website where I found something better for less and went for that instead. I then decided to check my bank account and low and behold ebookers had taken my money. Checked my email but nothing. I called them explaining what had happened. They apologised telling me no problem it will resolve itself after a few days and the money will be refunded. He also told me how much will be refunded which was only half the amount. When I asked him why so little he said just wait a minute and left me dangling for 10 minutes before getting disconnected. I then called again only to repeat everything again but this time I was told the amount they would refund in 5 to 10 days is just the hotel cost not the airfare and for that I would need to contact the airline directly. Which I did and after waiting for 20 minutes on a premium number was told they would not refund me as I did not purchase the alternative flight from them.

I now cringe at the thought of calling ebookers and going through that all again but if I want my money I suppose I'll have to. How can a company like this exist and why is there no 3rd party to whom I can complain and hopefully make these people accountable.

markg109
5/30/15

Hotel put me in the room type of room and then a really noisy room with the hotels lift which went constantly all night. Checked out and Ebookers failed to refund. Really poor response from customer services

rayav
5/29/15

i recommend NOT to book through ebookers anything. my flight was changed and they offered to get my money back. and instead of giving me back 908 euro back they gave 30 euro. they claimed each time a different excuse. once they tried to blame it on mastercard and once on
airmadagascar. all i heard is lies and in the end didn't get my money back.
they are a SCAM!

ishab
3/27/15

Ebookers sucks !

No, they are in English pounds

By Colleen F.

Questions? Get answers from the ebookers staff and other customers.

1 Photo for ebookers