Review of Eat24Hours

San Bruno, CA 94066, US
support@eat24.com

honestj4
2/20/19

Eat24 canceled my order on February 8th and its now February 20th they never refunded my credit card. And now customer service is telling me to contact my bank, that they cant do anything else.

abhijeetv2
2/9/19

I visited this website but it says tha it doesn't work. I mean why on earth would you advertise your website only to not have it working?

dissatisfiedc26
1/24/19

I am stunned at how wrong this business operates. I wanted to help out a friend who was experiencing death in his family. I thought ordering lunch for everyone in the household would ease their burden at least somewhat - that they would have one less thing to think about. And I told the friend that the lunch is coming. First, I ordered sandwiches and salads from Subway. The order was placed and the payment was successful. Eat24 said the order is being prepared. Half an hour later I got an email saying the order was cancelled - with no explanation whatsoever. I called that Subway and they literally didn't know what I was talking about. They said they are not affiliated with Eat24 or Grubhub and that they NEVER deliver anything. It's just not part of the services they offer. They actually felt bad. Okay, so I immediately went back and ordered from Firehouse Subs via Eat24, already feeling bad that the friend had to wait longer than expected. The order was placed, the payment completed. Later, I even got a text asking for feedback about the order (as if it was delivered). But it was never delivered!! Hours passed and it just never arrived. I called Eat24 directly and spoke with some guy who simply offered a refund. I said I would like an explanation and not just a refund. So he called the driver six times and the driver never answered his phone. At this point the grieving friend and his family just never ate lunch because there was the expectation that the order was to arrive at any moment. So honestly, instead of easing someone's burden this whole thing made matters much worse. I can not believe that Eat24 would screw up not one, but two orders in the same day. They can kiss this customer goodbye as well as everyone I ever talk to because news of such an appalling service travel fast. Thanks for nothing.

thomasb596
1/22/19

If you want your hot order to be iceberg cold when it finally gets to you then by all means use this crap service. My opinion....avoid at all costs.

eh87
1/1/19

Ordered a salad - received a salad with no dressing that I obviously can't eat. Just received a 5 dollar promo code. Really? Wtf? Will not use again.

alt55
12/31/18

Ordered on yelp, charged my card, got confirmation email. No delivery by time estimate, called eat24, placed on hold when rep said they will check it out. Was on hold for another 15 mins, received cancelation email on my order. Still on hold rep never came back on the line.

joeyg37
12/2/18

I got shook down by Marvin Gardens to buy more for delivery. Came 2 hours later cold. Called them 3 times after trying to see if they could do anything. Guess what? After every time I called they didn't know about my last call. NEVER followed up. Just hung up the phone like NEXT. Vote with your $ everyone

Tip for consumers: never use eat24 because they don't care if you get ripped off.

mrsg25
11/16/18

Twice this week we have ordered from eat 24 with two different restaurants. We never got our food on either occasion. Twice they said the driver took the wrong order. On pressing them further for the second time, they told us the restaurant did not get our order and they were super busy. In this area nearly everything closes between nine and none thirty. So for the second time this week we are limited to what we can order. To add insult to injury, our refunds are returned between 3 to 5 days. They are currently holding a good proportion of our money. I am extremely angry that the second night this week has been disrupted along with our plans.

noth48
10/20/18

Would have deleted this app if I had known the customer service was so terrible and their lack of accountability and professionalism is pathetic. Never using their service again. Considering filing against them

melissas436
10/8/18

The absolute worst customer service, I couldn't believe it. We ordered food for delivery at 7:27pm and received notification that estimated arrival was at 8:47. Kinda late for us but we went with it. 8:50pm comes around so we call to check if it's on the way, any questions on finding our place... they said it's already out for delivery and should be there in 10-15 mins. Bummer, we have to wait probably until 9:10pm for our food. 9:15pm comes around and we are getting pretty anxious so we call back and they give us the number of the delivery driver to check with them. We call the number and they said they are at home not making any deliveries. We are confused and it's already 9:30pm so 2 hours after we ordered has passed. Call again and they say again "it's on the way!" We explain the driver said they are not delivering anymore but they didn't understand. I know it's dumb we kept thinking the food was coming since they kept saying it's on the way but it was 9:50pm and we call for the last time and they did not pick up. It had been 2 hours and 25 mins since we ordered and they didn't think it was strange we hadn't gotten it? No one said there must have been an issue with the driver, let me find out... we will reimburse you... so sorry etc but no, nothing.
It was the most bizarre thing, I see the charge on my card but no food was delivered. No apology. They can't keep track of what's going on and didn't care.
We had arrived from being out of town for weeks so we didn't have food in the house. We went to bed hungry.

josephw220
9/29/18

On 9/28, I ordered food from Genghis Cohen, in West Hollywood. The food was inedible. Eat24 failed to take appropriate corrective action. They offered only 1/2 a refund, though I could not eat any of the food. I had to contact Chase Credit Card in order to ensure my charge card was fully refunded the $55 for the garbage that was delivered to me. Eat24 should have insisted on a full refund itself. I will never use Eat24 again for that reason. FYI: the steamed dumplings were hard as a rock. The cashew chicken had a weird taste of some cleaning supply. The Mongolian beef was chewy and bland. I told Eat24 the restaurant could come get the food or I'd be happy to send a picture of the food being thrown down the garbage shoot. Still, Eat24 wanted me to pay nearly $30 for food I could not eat at all.

marck46
9/16/18

They have very poor service. My food waited at the restaurant for over an hour. I'm still waiting at the two hour mark.

stevec484
8/19/18

I cannot stand Eat24! Worst yet, Yelp uses them as their delivery option, so due to that I will never order from Yelp either. Eat24 is far behind their competition with everything! With Eat24, you cannot track your order, there's no GPS type map displaying the delivery person, unlike its competitors Doordash, Postmates, UberEats, Amazon, Caviar, etc. Due to such lack of what should be considered standard protocol, when ordering and having to use Eat24 via Yelp, the moment your order is placed, you're SOL with knowing where your food is, the status of the delivery and if it will even reach its destination.

Another serious problem with Eat24 that puts them way behind their competitors is how there's no way to modify or edit the tip once the product has been delivered. That is so unacceptable! I never have cash and never will! I will always do everything electronically, so when providing the tip, Eat24 makes you tip upfront when ordering the product for delivery with no option of editing the tip once receiving the product and service! Flat-out stupid and behind the times!!!

Last night, I ordered from Joe's Pizza via Yelp and again, Yelp uses Eat24. I had to chose the tip up-front when ordering. The pizza was to be delivered within 40-60 minutes. 70 minutes passed and no delivery! I contacted Joe's Pizza and inquired about the delivery and the dude on the phone replied "I'm leaving now"!!!! WTF!!!! The pizza wasn't delivered for 1 hour and 45 minutes! That dude did not deserve the tip that was already left when ordering via Eat24.

Following the call to Joe's Pizza...approx 70 minutes after the order was placed, I tried the "contact us" to Eat24 with the messenger app on Yelp. Their first automated response was regarding how extremely busy they are at that moment with other customers. It was 25 minutes later before someone from Eat24 actually typed a response....no lie, I have the entire history of the conversation saved.

As others have stated, when I told Eat24 to immediately cancel the order and refund me, they tried giving me the run around stating they're not capable of refunding me since I already ordered the product. By now, it had been 1 hour and 35 minutes since ordering the pizza. I had to explain the basic elementary concept of breach of contract to them and how they negligently failed to hold-up their part of the binding agreement. Sure enough following the law lecture, they told me they cancelling the order and refunding me.

There's no way I would ever use Eat24 or Yelp for ordering ever again! As stated numerous times, Eat24 is so far behind it's competitors. With Eat24, one would be better-off with a note in a bottle. You have more control over the ocean currents than you do the extremely old, outdated sub-par product/service of Eat24.

I realize Grubhub purchased Eat24 and has decided to shut it down very soon. Grubhub (the Chicago based company) is another service I refuse to ever use following their purchase of LABite a few years ago. Either way, Grubhub better get with the times too if they're planning to stay in business.

dannyg85
8/11/18

I wanted to leave feedback with the company before I closed my account.

Unfortunatelly, you can't do either of these things, so I just deleted my data and will leave review here. Also, I will monitor the execution of a refund of my last order that was not delivered at all, and I will report it as fraud if they will not refund.

Most prominent and consistent issues over 5 orders:

1) Delivery time is too long
2) Food temperature is barely acceptable
3) The last order was not delivered at all because of the lazy/dyslexic driver.
4) Customer service first tries to accuse the customer for problems, even though customer pays premium.

So thanks, but no thanks!

Tip for consumers: Stay away

nicoleh211
8/10/18

After today, I will never use GrubHub or Eat24 service again!!!!!

So I placed an order for an expensive meal that I got during lunch which was to be around $20.00 bucks and with everything included $30.00.

Well, I was at work and waiting, but noone never showed up. Just so happened I checked online and it said my food had been delivered but it hadn't been.

I called them and they claimed that they tried to call me when they was outside of my house...um ok. Why not just knock on my door like every other normal delivery person?

Long story short, they REFUSED TO give me a refund....they refused to resend my food out to me and after I spoke with with a very rude and condescending agent, I was able to speak with a manager who provided me a two promotion codes....one for $10.00 and the other for $20.00...

Well, I wanted a refund but they refused to do so...Also, you can only apply one discount code at a time, so I would've been left with paying the additional $10.00 dollars out of pocket!!!! AFTER I ALREADY ORDERED MY FOOD, PAID AND STILL NEVER RECEIVED!!!!!

Who wants to eat cold seafood???

Anyway, I called them back because the lunch special was now off for what I already paid for, and it was now back up to $45.00....I asked them what they could do...and they told me when I could make my mind up to call them back because the only thing he could do was to apply the $20.00 code and I pay out of pocket and they could only refund me for the $10.00 from the original order but now that the food is off lunch special, there is nothing they could do about it!!!

THIS HAS BEEN THHHHEEEEEE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN MY LIFE!!!!!!

They were so rude, nonchalant...uncaring, unhelpful folk I ever seen in my life...

And guess what...I still didn't get my lunch, no refund and have two codes that I can't even apply!!!

So I guess they are enjoying my seafood on me!!!

I am so hurt, angry and disappointed!

nasirh4
7/20/18

I ordered for delivery with the order total after tax and all fees coming out to $19.25. Driver never rings doorbell but I did miss their calls and they never answered back, so I call customer service and ask for refund. They wouldn't give me one, but offer me a $20 promo code so I'm like okay that's fine. Turns out "Scam and Eat 24/7" won't allow the customer to redeem the code unless they match the order minimum of the promo code, BEFORE TAX AND DELIVERY FEES. So essentially they want you to pay more than you did in the original order/delivery(that they screwed up), in order for you to get the customer service that you should've gotten in the first place. The nerve. Avoid delivery through this peabrain middle man company at all costs!!

kellieh27
7/14/18

Please note that I will not be using EAT24 or GRUBHUB again unless absolutely necessary. The resolve for refund and customer vs vendor response is poor.
The food was not edible (fish undone) and the company refused to refund full order. They claimed the fish was done and would only refund me for the rice meal I complained about. This isn't my first issue but will be my last where the old "customer is always right" motto just doesn't ring true with Grubhub. Fool me once...

pault302
7/8/18

Tried for the first time. No call, no follow up, never even tried to make it happen. I would have just driven there if I didnt believe they could deliver.

whof
7/1/18

This company likes to cancel orders without telling the customer that the order's been canceled. Their customer service thinks everything is real funny. Make sure you don't order anything from this garbage ass company.

danam184
6/29/18

I wish it would allow me to show you my screen shot of customer service chat. The guy didn't even read my question. Said I didn't give him information and pretty much abruptly ended chat. Horrible customer service and I had simple question. Feel free to contact me at dtlildane086@gmail.com if you'd like to get a good laugh at the conversation. How are they in business?!?!

meganc118
6/27/18

Very frustrating time ordering for the first time. I kept seeing $10 off first order but had to call them to get it... That was the first sign that customer service was confused about their product because they kept asking me the same questions over and over about how I could get this. Then, no way to track food because restaurant delivered it... Also the app messed up my zip code... It changed it to the wrong one after i carefully put in right one. That being said, I usually give drivers a heads up about similar address,in area... I had no number to contact. Then the delivery driver said he's outside my house and he was at wrong address. Then he was hostile in tone with me and hung up after giving him correct address. Then driver was defensive to me when he,delivered food. Meanwhile I had already called customer support about delivery. The agent said well who's fault is it, perhaps implying that I put my address in the system incorrectly! I called him out and told him to never accuse the customer and that he was being rude, especially since I took my time explaining the app glitch. Called back another agent after being put on hold for a long while. She was helpful in a way... While still following a weird set of agent rules. She said my refund is dependent on whether the restaurant wants to give it to me?? I said not only was food fairly late but I was treated rudely. She said that was only way... So called customer support back again and asked for supervisor after repeating my frustrations. Fortunately, i got refunded for order after 2nd agent texted me.... but after so many tries I was pulling my hair out. All along, the app has a bug......

fayed18
6/24/18

I would like to say that the customerservice representative Sowmya P was very courteous, and efficient in solving my issues. However, the Restruant refused to give me a refund because the egg fried rice was free because of lunch time menu. However, the egg fried rice was not spicy as I requested had no onions in it and they didnt tell me that I couldnt get onions or that they dont come with onions. My egg fried rice was caked which means stuck together which usually means old rice. I dont care if the items which comes with the lunch special is free it should still taste good and be fresh. If not dont offer it. Im very disappointed in Mr. Chen Authentic Restaurant here in Homewood. Alabama. I give them a -0 for Customerservice and for there food a - 2. Dont order from them because you will not be happy. Im very happy with the results from EAT 24. Thanks Sowmya P. I appreciate you giving me a $5.00 code to use next delivery order and your sincere concern. Thanks so much and keep up the good work. God bless!

karenm732
6/22/18

I ordered for pizza delivery on Eat 24 website. I received email confirmation, and everything seemed fine. I called the pizza place a few hours before delivery to confirm, and they never received my order. I contacted Eat 24, and they finally found the order after some searching. They called the pizza place, who said they would need the order faxed over. Eat 24 said they could not fax since the order was prepaid. When I asked why this happened, they apologized and said that preorders can only be seen by managers. It made no sense at all. I cancelled the order and called the pizza place directly to place the order. It was actually less expensive. I probably won't ever use Eat 24 again. They are just not reliable.

gm128
6/10/18

I ordered for pickup from the restaurant in the next town using Eat24 of the restaurant website. What a disaster! Order placed ok and it was complete for pickup. In the meantime however, Eat24 texted me to say, Hi, looks like the restaurant is very busy. Your food should be ready by ... - EAT24. So of course I waited the 50 (fifty!) minutes requested and when I walked into the restaurant at the time Eat24 said, the place was 2/3 empty and my food was waiting for me, getting cold.
The clerk was surprised when I showed him the text message and said they had done nothing to make that happen. Their standard wait time for pickup is 30 minutes.

So whats the deal, Eat24?? More to the point, why would any restaurant owner want to deal with Eat24 and risk their brand and reputation in this way?

mikileb
6/8/18

I tried to order from pimento here in Minneapolis Minnesota. Eat24 allowed for me to place my order and run my card. I was charged 40 dollars for my meal. I then proceeded to wait for over an hour and then I receive a phone call from Eat24 saying that the reatraunt was closed a d that I would receive a refund in 3-5 business days. When I complained they proceeded to give me a $#*!ty $10 coupon. I don't want the coupon I want my money back. I find it ridiculous that they choose to do business this way. Other delivery apps INDICATE WHEN THE RESTAURANT IS CLOSED. $#*! EAT24!!!

Assuming you actually get your food (most people don't seem to actually get their orders), you won't have to tip after placing a tip on your order.

By kevin m.

If you ordered through Eat24, there's no need to check. You won't get it but your card will be charged.

By David L.

Questions? Get answers from the Eat24Hours staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Eat24Hours