Review of DoorDash

Tel: +1 (844) 285-0248
support@doordash.com

pennys127
8/21/19

Ordered from Denny's, although food was cold, in a hotel you have a microwave. Food was good. Had to go to registration to pick up my food. My room was the farthest away. If I wanted to pick up I would have chosen pick up.

wendym300
8/21/19

Our family waited hours for food delivery. Turns out our driver was far away after having picked up our food from a nearby restaurant. Door dash rerouted their driver so you can never depend on getting your food... if ever. Very disappointing and inconsiderate to hungry families.

lorig164
8/21/19

The food came late, cold and only a portion of my order. Driver said, "that all they gave me."
I complained through the site. Not resolved. Terrible customer service

ginas164
Gina S.
8/20/19

Ordered from a local resteraunt that apparently uses doordash. Received a phone message that driver was here and waited 5 minutes but had to leave because she couldn't find my building and had another delivery and would not be able to come back. She said I could call her and maybe we could meet somewhere so she could give me my food order. SERIOUSLY!! I called back and there was no answer, I left a message that the bldg and unit was provided and is shown on my receipt and NO i would not be meeting her anywhere she needed to come back. She returned a text that said I needed to call customer service and they could refund my money. Since i ordered through the restaurant I called them and they credited my account. I also called doordash to find out where my food was, they tracked down the driver and she came back. This time she texted and said I'm here. I told her to bring the food up to my unit. She said she couldn't find the bldg, after yet again providing the details. I don't live in a complicated complex, its one street straight up and down. This delivery person wad lazy and hateful and probably would have taken the food home for herself if I hadn't pushed the issue.

michaels2499
8/19/19

PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE...DO NOT TIP IN THE APP!!! I am a delivery driver for Doordash. Doordash will use your tips that you intend for the driver to help pay out their guarantee to the driver. Please tip your driver with cash..if possible. In most instances, the driver will not receive your tip at all. We as drivers greatly appreciate cash tips...Please pass the word to others you know use the Doordash app. Thanks greatly.

christinaa135
8/18/19

I strongly suggest you do not use this company. They sent me an email after I had been waiting on my food to be delivered for 30 minutes. The email stated they were not processing my order. However, they billed me anyway. I have been in contact with their customer service, and they refuse to make it right.

ashleyw277
8/14/19

DoorDash drivers have started picking up multiple orders for delivery at the same time. I sit there and watch on the app as my driver delivers three other orders and I get my food an hour (not exaggerating here) after she picked it up from the restaurant. This has happened almost every time I've ordered the past few weeks. I used to use DoorDash because it was easy and fast and now they've lost me as a customer. The company has no control over their drivers and since you have to tip when you order the food, the driver doesn't have to worry about delivering hot food because they already have the tip. I called their customer service and asked how many orders the drivers are allowed to deliver at one time and THERE IS NO LIMIT- they can literally do whatever they want and you've already payed and tipped them for it. Absolutely ridiculous.

gerryr30
8/13/19

Ordered from door dash in Spring Hill tn. It took hour and 15 min to get food. Food had been turned upside down and all sauce had been poured out in bag. Food was also cold! We tracked driver and she stopped for over 30 minutes Somewhere while she had our food. Had to search internet to find a way to call DoorDash. They did refund our money.

lindar600
8/11/19

If I could give them a negative number I would!!! I have ordered from this app a few times and I never had any kind of problems my food was right and hot. Until the past month I have ordered from a restaurant and the orders WAS totally wrong. I called customer service and was that a joke also! I was told I would receive my full amount I spent and I still have never received it yet and that was from July 22nd. So I saw I had a credit so I used it again last night and ordered and once again missing items so I told the delivery guy Alex to go back and bring me my missing items since it is his job also to make sure that the items are in the bag. Well he didn't and once again customer service is a joke! I hope this place goes out of business for the lack of caring about their customers! I will never order from this app ever again and I will also post this on ever site they have so people know not to ever try DoorDash!

laurab917
8/10/19

Doordash another no show- the food gets picked up at the restaurant & hours later isn't delivered. They lock up the app so you you have to eventually have the order canceled & can't rate your service on the app.

angelk55
8/9/19

This was a horrible ordeal. I waited 1.5 hours for doordash to bring me my food and it was COLD and 3 items were MISSING. I spoke with the manager at the restaurant and he said my food had been done since 8 minutes after I ordered it and my order just sat there over an hour before being picked up by a dasher. The restaurant is only a few miles away. I paid $84 for this horrible experience. I had to speak with customer service about the issue and all that person did was give me a $10 credit. That's not enough. I paid more than that for the 3 missing items. I do NOT recommend doordash.

breenak
8/5/19

They said the food would take a certain amount of time to arrive but then increased that time dramatically after I paid then refused to give me a full refund. When contacting support my concerns were not read and the replies were generic.

danielo254
8/1/19

Ordered Boston Market about an hour and a half ago. I was tracking my order online and about 40 minutes ago it showed that the driver was 1 minute away. All of a sudden the tracking bar went blank and it said "contact costumer service for an ETA". I've been on hold for a half an hour with costumer service. Smh No food yet and no answer. We'll see how this plays out but I will NEVER use their service again!!

biancav21
7/31/19

I've used DoorDash in the past and never had an issue or asked for a refund . However this last time it took about an hour and a half for delivery ( initially ETA 35ish minutes ) and the gentlemen who delivered the food was rude . He called me and told me to come out side and get the food and I informed him there are two entrances in the building and I was in the back ( I had the suit number and directions typed how to get to where I was in the delivery information), and he had to come back to me . He stated ," no I'm in the front come get it . " I Informed him that I was far from that entrance and to not leave the food up there ( it literally would take me 10 minutes to walk to the front and back ) plus I was on crutches and could not walk there due to an injury. He said fine with an attitude and left it in the front anyways . So someone had to walk it back to me because as stated prior I was incapable of holding the back and walking due to my use of crutches.When I reached out for a refund / credit for food being really late , cold, and the gentleman being an a** in general with not following instructions and completely disregarding my temporary walking incapabilities, they have not responded back to me since the 19th . I could understand the hesitation to respond if I always complained about an issue but as stated , I've never done a complaint before . I would highly suggest not using DoorDash for any delivery needs . Grub Hub and Uber Eats are much better options.

vanissas1
7/30/19

DoorDash is a trash company!!! I will not be using their app or giving them business ever again. I always run into issues with my orders when I don't have issues with Postmates or Uber Eats. I ordered some crab rangoons from Bo-Lings here in Kansas City and was charged $21.95!!! My actual entree didn't even cost that much. For SIX crab rangoons. The restaurant charges $7.95. I emailed them and they sent me some BS excuse about how the restaurant sets prices differently and basically would not give me a refund. Now, I go back on the app to check and of course, the price is now $7.95. I just sent another email and I better receive a refund. This is honestly ridiculous that they didn't take the time to research this and just dismissed me. I'm not the type to constantly leave long ranting reviews but this pissed me off.

jaquiem
7/28/19

ZERO, or better yet, NEGATIVE stars would be more appropriate.

Doordash is horrible at meeting customer's needs. HORRIBLE.

We used to be pretty steady customers, but Doordash repeatedly dropped the ball either through their drivers or the restaurants on their platforms, but mostly, through their RESPONSE to customer problems/issues. As such, we went with another delivery service for almost 4 or 5 months. With us ordering so often, though and since the other service has higher fees, we recently decided to give Doordash another try. Well, nothing changed.

Since being back with them for a couple of months, EVERY restaurant we have ordered from, except for one, has messed up our orders royally in that there are incorrect or missing items. THEN, upon phoning Doordash about it, we receive mere pennies - and only for the missing items - in the form of a FRACTION of what was spent on the items that are missing once you weigh in the fees and delivery and tip which are factored by the total amount of the order. Plus, your food can be incorrect, cold, hard, rancid etc. and they will NOT make good on it, instead advising you to just 'leave feedback on it'. The shoddiness of the CS agents who offer vapid banalities and canned "I understand your frustration" platitudes, while in no way really understanding how unbelievably frustrating it is, is utterly ridiculous and obviously a measure of what the company as a whole feels about its customers.

As such, what is the sense in ordering? Invariably, one member of the family is either left without food, has to cook, has to go out and get something, or has to share, which defeats the entire purpose of ordering for delivery!

The ONLY thing that makes me feel better is leaving an honest review. You may find it emptily bitter or vindictive, but after throwing money at Doordash and being bilked over and over again, it is somewhat satisfying to think that if I can save at least ONE family the exasperation, annoyance and irritation of going through the same thing: YEAY.

josephinet29
7/28/19

I used to love door dash.

I'm a stay at home mom 5 days a week and actually rely on food delivery services on days when I just have too much to do to try and prepare food.

Tonight I went without dinner because of door dash.

I only had $20 in my account and used it to order food for myself.

After waiting I checked my phone and saw that door dash was saying my food was delivered.

I tried contacting driver with no response, I tried reporting food undelivered and the link to start chat wasn't working. I sent a message to doordash explaining situation and got an email stating I was getting a partial refund.

I'm pissed. Not only did i go without dinner, I also don't have money in my account for 3-5 business days and actually paid someone tonight for nothing.

They will never see a dime from me again, and if I were you I would use uber eats where they actually care about you.

taneetha
7/27/19

Placed an order, driver calls at to tell me they dont have a specific roll, so I need to substitute & to call them back and let them know. Call them back, all of a sudden my order has been cancelled. I call the restaurant, they tell me they can't cancel orders, Doordash must of cancelled it. I call the driver, driver tells me the restaurant cancelled it. I call Doordash, they tell me the order is still active and I should be receiving it on time. TIme goes by, no order. I call back, another run around, it is now an hour later. Doordash confirms their driver misunderstood the process and cancelled our order. Their only suggestions? Cancel and replace the order, which will take another 45mins, or get a full refund. No discount on the order for time wasted and hassle of chasing an order, no offer of the meal on the house, nope. The kicker? The restaurant has been trying to communicate with Doordash to remove their restaurant from their service, and Doordash will not return their correspondence. Will never use their service again nevermind recommend it.

lindam1113
7/27/19

I am always cautious to order my food early because I never want to be running late which throws myself and my co workers schedules out of whack. I ordered food from a restaurant 2 miles away. It was 85°+ outside so of course I was not trying to be walking in that weather. My food was originally due to arrive 30-40 minutes which I understand completely and therefore I ordered because it fit right with how long until my lunch break. 6 MINUTES BEFORE MY DRIVER WAS DUE TO ARRIVE THEY NOTIFY ME THAT IT WILL NOW BE ANOTHER HOUR UNTIL I RECEIVE MY FOOD...I would have already been way long done with my break. Instead of contacting me after I sent in a message about how it was really ridiculous that I only got a 6 minute notice...they went and cancelled my order and told me 5-7 business days before my money would be back in my account. STAY AWAY!!!

chrism1039
7/27/19

Do Not Order if you are hungry, not unless you don't mind paying for food that never comes. Today was my first experience with Doordash and my last. I ordered my food and after an hour checked the status to see it was delivered. I was shocked since NO food came to my door. I called the restaurant and was informed the food was not there and they are not affiliated with Doordash and any issues/refunds must be done through Doordash. I searched for their customer services number and found none. The only was to contact them is via chat or email. I was then told no one came to the door so the driver left the food on the doorstep. I live in a small apt with a yappy dog and no one came to my door, nor was their food on the outside (which who would eat food lying on the ground in the heat). Doordash offered to compensate me but it will take 7 to 10 days for my refund. Seriously! They take your money right away but to give it back it takes as long as it does for their delivery. Terrible service

erikar56
7/21/19

We placed an order through DoorDash, and the lady that delivered our order was very rude, mean, and disrespectful towards me, and she was smoking right at me.

terif20
7/17/19

My dad's debit card was used fraudulently at this and other food sites. Doordash did a quick investigation and determined it was fraud and refunded his money. (Grubhub refused to provide a refund after they determined it was fraud)

sharond130
7/16/19

THE WORST!!!
THE WORST!!!! The driver apparently stood OUTSIDE of my place of business, never bothered to go in..called and texted (I was in a meeting) demanding I call him back but the number he left COULD NOT BE CALLED INTO. So after an hour I got customer service on the line who said they could process a refund 5-7 DAYS FROM NOW!!! This place is a ripoff

rumade
7/15/19

I have ordered from them many of times and they are super rude, take forever, and the food always arrives cold. The app takes forever to pick a dasher ( I mean 1 hour minimum most of the time) and their delivery fee is not worth the wait.

hienf
7/14/19

I have been using this service lots of time.
But NO MORE!!!
Late delivery then Missing food
I am very disappointed I was offered 6.45$ for missing food plus sauce that would have completed my husbands'-dinner, plus other fees I had paid out.
Now I get 6.45$ in credit weather I like it or not. This amount is so pitiful, I will have to re-order somewhere else then pay out so much more. This is so sad 6.54$ wow, I guess lost one customer is no big deal, right ????

Had a hard time finding a phone number to DoorDash. Everything was email. The links you see on you order is to message or call the driver not DoorDash. After we found number to customer service we called. We were put on hold for a few minutes before a real person answered. Persons English was fair and she was friendly. We explained our problem to her and sent pics to email address she texted us. About 10 minutes later she called back and gave us a refund which was back on credit card within minutes.

By Gerry R.

Legit company with terrible customer service. Really poorly ran and executed. I have used other services, never have theproblems I have had with door dash

By Lori G.
Questions? Get answers from the DoorDash staff and other customers.

DoorDash?