Review of DoorDash

Tel: +1 (844) 285-0248
support@doordash.com

barrym219
11/8/19
Doordash refused to give me a refund. Will never use them again. They are difficult to get on the phone and hardly speak any english. Said they would investigate what happened to the missing entree and I never heard from them again. I never got the refund. Awful business.
lorip181
11/8/19
Don't use Door Dash! My driver stole my $40 order. I contacted Door Dash several times and still have not received a refund. I've spent over 4 hours on the phone with corporate who assured me verbally and with emails that my refund would happen. I have stage 4 inoperable cancer and the whole situation really effected my health. Their customer service is pathetic!
fredf182
11/6/19
I've had multiple problems with DoorDash, none of them have been adequately sorted out. They offer credits if you have a problem but then you hit another problem and if you try and get your money back they write you off. My most recent issue was a problem with the app. It told me that my order was cancelled (which was annoying enough) but then the food turned up an hour and a half late. I provided screen shots of the app issues only to be told that they wouldn't do anything about it. I've also received food with hair in it, cold food and an extreme lack of service. Don't bother...try Uber eats instead, much more reliable.
jessicao122
11/6/19
I ordered my food an hour ago. It notified me 30min ago that it was ready for pickup. I'm still waiting...
tamij10
11/5/19
Eliminate All the (middle men DD) ridiculous fees... They all need to go out of business... Oh and Ooo-- not to mention being contacted 30-45 minutes later via msg that the restaurant is closed for the day or out of business.
katlynk6
11/5/19
They're just terrible. Someone better at business should buy this company and do a better job. Great concept, terrible service. They treat their drivers like crap, just issue you a refund if you never get your food / get the wrong food / wait hours to have your order canceled. Someone needs to step into this market and do it correctly.
philt76
11/4/19
Ordered 3 meals but only got 2 so didn't eat that night. Their only responsibility is to deliver meals which they can't accomplish. Not worth the aggravation you will go through just to get your money back for the missing meals and have to wait 3 to 5 days.
clairea51
11/4/19
I usually don't write bad reviews, but this was an extremely bad experience. I ordered food through Doordash last Friday for delivery Monday at noon. An hour before lunch was suppose to start, and 30 minutes before the order was to be delivered, I received an email from Doordash stating that my order had been cancelled with no reason given. I thankfully able to order directly from the restaurant and rectify the situation. However, this experience has left a bad impression on the company overall and we will not be ordering through Doordash again.
candises1
11/3/19
My first time using DoorDash was last night. I purchased food for my son and I however after placing the order the time for pick up went from 20 minutes to 55 minutes. I checked the app which said my food was on the way however the driver name changed. The second driver called me from the restaurant and said they told him my order was picked up. I never received anything but at least the restaurant was going to remake my order since the orginal driver picked it up but didn't deliver. When I called Customer service they said all they could do was refund me my money. So an hour into not receiving our food and being hungry because everything I wanted was close I decided not to do this again. I only tried because my friend did early in the week with no problems including my son recommending this over another company. So it's safe to say I won't be usual again.
sandeel4
11/2/19
Terrible customer service, said manager would tell me the same thing, called back and spoke to a real customer service representative and she was way way way better.
heatherw309
11/1/19
Ordered my food at 5:20, supposed to be here at 6:15. Received call from driver at 6:12 saying he didn't see address, so gave h entrance road address to our small subdivision. I called him at 6:50 since hadn't arrived yet. Claimed he had car trouble and just leaving but to call customer service since he couldn't see address and try to get refund...uh, ok. So, called right after, been on hold since (Almost an hour now). Food showed up, cold as ice. Microwaved burger, oven fries. Kids, they are Mac n cheese long ago, so their food in fridge now. Finally they picked up after almost an hour on hold. Indian lady answers, saying system down. After 3 times trying to understand her, she said after system up, look at order and be compensated (I think/hope that's what she said). What a pain. Never again.
richardm1117
10/28/19
Absolutely the worst service I've ever experienced anywhere in my life. Ordered a time sensitive meal and it wasn't even picked up until after I was on hold still an hour later trying to cancel. Waited on hold between text support and phone calls for over an hour. In the meantime I Uber eats an order from a similar restaurant and it was already picked up with the driver texting me an apology for being only one minute late for an eta. Door dash is the absolute worst company I've ever attempted to do business with for food delivery. Anyone who chooses to use this horrific company is just asking to waste their money for a horrible service. I'd never recommend this app/ company to anybody ever. And I will also make it a personal goal to alert every person I come in contact with that this company doesn't deserve to promote itself in any other way but a complete rip off
kellyl397
10/27/19
I will never order from doordash again
I will never order from doordash again. In the beginning the drivers were really nice and I really had no problems but for the past few months it's been horrible. Because I'm unable to cook due to an injury to my left arm I was using them a lot. In the past probably 6 months I have been yelled at and my food because they said they couldn't find me has actually been left supposedly somewhere. I actually heard the doordash customer service person telling the driver to not look for me and just that my food down on the ground and leave. Luckily for me the driver was following the directions that I was giving them and found my apartment and even though she was standing in front of my door and she was telling them that they were still telling her to put the food on the ground and leave. I always text the driver and give them explicit directions on how to get to my apartment. If they follow them it is very easy because I know GPS sends them on the other side of the apartments. It's also on my profile how to get here. They give them five minutes define the apartment or they tell them to leave it on the ground. I have been using Uber eats and I do the same thing and text them with a directions and I've had no problems with them getting here. I understand about restaurants taking longer to get the order together and I understand about traffic so I don't get upset about the time if they get the food here.I would not use them it's more trouble than what it's worth and there's no telling where your food is going to wind up. I think these drivers that are leaving the food supposedly but not actually leaving the food but are saying that they cannot find the apartment even though I'm texting them with explicit directions just so they can take the food home and then they have free food.
rohinig2
10/26/19
Waited for over an hour for food in the middle of the night. After multiple tries of contacting the driver and then DoorDash, I get a call from DoorDash saying we cannot find the restaurant to pick up your order (how is it possible the company has restaurants that it can't even locate) and then they hung up on me after I got upset. My app then says the order is cancelled. No apology. No word. Nothing. I can't even order something else because of the time. There is no evidence now that I even placed an order so of course I can't complain on the app. Terrible company. Never again.
arrionnem
10/24/19
WORSE SERVICE EVER!!!!!!!!! This is my first time ordering DoorDash and will definitely be my last. I initially order McDonalds and I wait over and hour so I finally called the store location just for them to tell me due to system issues they are not receiving orders from DoorDash only UberEat orders. So I cancelled that order and because DoorDash doesn't immediately refund your money I had to use doordash credit to have access to my funds immediately. So I put my faith in their system once more and order Burger King waiter order 30 mins as well. I put clear instructions including my apartment number and building number. You literally can't miss my apartments. The Driver calls me and so call can't find the apartment it's pouring down raining the streets are literally flooded I'm running all over my apartment searching for this lady and she's ACROSS THE STREET in the wrong DAMN apartments and I'm drenching my food was drench. it was absolutely HORRIBLE
cameronl45
10/19/19
Didn't even send the order into the restaurant and when the driver arrived to pick my order up they did not have my order ready the driver was nice enough to call and tell me then after calling both places the driver calls and said the order finally went through so no issue with the driver just the company
sinah2
10/17/19
There is NO WAY you can make 23$/hr with Doordash. They are advertising for 23$/ hr and that is the big lie!! I delivered 650 orders for them and I never get paid that much! I quit, they are horrible on paying drivers, and they have a horrible service and app. Don't work for them if u like your time and your life... they just think about themselves and you will just lose money by spending gas for them...
brittanyc126
10/16/19
Awful customer service. I had an order almost an hour late, and I was able to watch my driver drive all over the city with my food while I was at home with a child waiting on our food. I reached out to customer service about the order, and after waiting about 5 minutes for the chat to even be available, I was connected to someone who basically just gave me a status update on where the driver was. At that point, they were at my house delivering the food, so I was preoccupied with that, and while I was doing that, the customer service representative closed the chat and considered the matter resolved. My food was cold, the ice in my drink was melted, and the driver still received my 20% tip, no apologies given, and no follow up from DoorDash. I'll be ordering from GrubHub from now on.
deed193
10/16/19
The app glitches a lot. I had accepted an order drove to pick it up once I clicked I arrived and the order disappeared. Called support to rectify the issue they said they can't prove I was there. I gave the phone to the store associate and she confirmed I was there. The rep hung up on me. Called back another rep said the same thing said they can't prove that I was at the store even though they spoke with the store associate. I drove on the opposite side of town for a order that disappeared and they just say oh well better luck next time. I asked to speak with a supervisor and they don't want to give you to one. They will place you on hold or mute until you hang up. They have Horrible Technical and Customer support. Someone with morals and sense needs to run door dash.
kikb
10/15/19
3 deliveries out of 3 were messed up. Ordered 4 meals forgot one, they would not deliver the missed meal only gave a credit, really? Second day forgot the drink, third day charged a delivery fee when it said promo. Customer service is awful they could careless, if you are happy with their service. Customer satisfaction is not their motto. Cheaper to drive yourself. Did not honor promo, told me several different stories why they would not honor. Beware this company is heartless.
jamesp1249
10/15/19
Beware of door dash if you're hungry! My wife and I placed an order through door dash. I provided the driver with the specific location (building number and room number). The tracking showed that the driver drove past the hotel, and that the order was delivered, but it wasn't. I walked to the front gate of the hotel, and the security guard stated that nobody came from door dash. He stated that any delivery persons that enter the gate, must let the guard know where they are delivering to. The driver followed the route for door dash to make it appear that they came, just for tracking purposes,but drove past the hotel. I called the number that came up for the driver, which end up taking me back to door dash. I asked to file a complaint and was told by the person on the phone from door dash that she could not hear me, so she would have to disconnect the call. I called back and it was a long wait before someone answered the phone. When I finally got through, I explained to the next rep that I did not receive my order. The rep gave me an option to receive a door dash credit or have the monies refunded back to my account. I asked to have the monies credited back to my credit card, and they gave me a $17.00 door dash credit. The door dash rep was very apologetic, but it still did not help with our hu ger.
shelleyh58
10/14/19
Dont ever use Door Dash for food delivery! After a funeral I attended on Saturday Oct 12 in Santa Cruz, CA my girlfriend and I were too wiped out to go out to get something to eat so we decided to order in Thai food. I downloaded the Door Dash app, made the order, paid with my credit card and the food never arrived. The app said it was delivered. I called the restaurant and at first they said they didn't receive the order. Then I called back and the person acknowledged the order and said it was on its way. It still never arrived and when I called back they said they were closed and to contact Door Dash. I went onto their app and notified them that the order never arrived. I didn't hear anything back from them and went back onto the app today and got their Chat person who said because it was after 2 days they could not refund my money!!! Needless to say I contacted my bank to deny the charge on my card and am now letting people know NEVER TO USE DOOR DASH!!!
latoriad
10/14/19
I ordered food for the 6th time using door dash and I had the driver literally feet away from me tell me via text she could not deliver food to me as the address listed was different from where my daughter and I were standing. We live in an apartment complex where the address is different from my address. In the instructions I listed my street address for our building, which you notice immediately upon turning into the complex that each building has its own street address. My daughter is standing outside and sees the idiot driving in a circle, as I am texting and telling her to turn on the street listed in the instructions. Her response, I cannot deliver as that's a different address. I was livid!! 45 minutes later I cancelled the order and have to wait 5 days for a refund. I will never use this inconvenient service again!!!
carleys6
10/14/19
I placed an order through GrubHub for a restaurant walking distance from my home. I was very sick and this is the only reason I opted for a delivery system. An hour and ten minutes after the order was placed (ten minutes past projected delivery time) the driver called to tell me that the restaurant did not have the shrimp wrap that I ordered (my husband ordered barbeque wings as well). I told the driver that I would take hot wings. The driver then texted me asking me what I had asked for. He then called me back and asked what I wanted. He clearly spoke limited English and did not understand. Frustrated and starving at this point, I cancelled the order and had my husband place an order for pickup. The driver said okay and told me that I could cancel through the website, which I did. I waited a few days to see if the payment would be refunded. It wasn't, so I contacted the company. They are telling me that the ordered had already been picked up before I cancelled so I cannot receive a refund. I know that this is incorrect because the driver called me to tell me that they didn't have what I wanted and that I needed to order something different, which I never did. In the very least, I should have received a partial refund. At this point, I am fed up with the lack of customer service and organization.
cheryll398
10/12/19
Ordered with estimated time 45-55 minutes. Saw the driver was there waiting for food...and waiting and waiting...Texted him and he said the order hadnt gone through to the restaurant so they had to call and had just started the order...about 30 minutes in. Driver was great. I tried to cancel - the app wouldn't let me. I went to customer service and was number 300 in line!!! Took 20 minutes to get to chat with a person. They are terrible. But claim they're always trying to improve their service. Disaster!! Don't use them!! Felt sorry for the driver who was very nice. Awful service!!

Not easy at all horrible customer service and response

By Kimberly B.

They're legit but should be shut down! I'm surprised the BBB hasn't done anything

By C t.

No, they are all the same. Uber Eats, Grub Hub... All middle Men delivery services

By Tami J.

Questions? Get answers from the DoorDash staff and other customers.

DoorDash?