Cravetv.ca

Cravetv.ca has a consumer rating of 1.12 stars from 349 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Cravetv.ca most frequently mention customer service, credit card and bell media problems. Cravetv.ca ranks 160th among TV Shows sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Good tv shows and movies but probably the worst customer service ever.
How would you rate Cravetv.ca?

“Serious improvements in October/18?”

heather c.
10/22/18

I can now pause, play, and access closed captions easily. Did Crave do a recent upgrade in October 2018? I was so close to cancelling my subscription despite the high quality shows, now I am a devoted customer. Thanks Crave for the impeccable improvements. Keep it up and you will give netflix a run for their money.

“Crave tv, I'd sooner pay for the clap”

Zac B.
3/21/21

Crave tv is perhaps the weakest streaming service available In 2021, for the price of most other premium streaming services you get next to nothing, proper HBO content and most of the good movies are hidden behind a secondary pay wall. I briefly subscribed. Will never make the same mistake again. Wish I could get my 10 bucks back. I'll pay for a kick in the testicles before I'll ever subscribe to this garbage again. Shame on you HBO and Crave. Why would anyone pay for this? Stream it online

customer service (53)
zacb27
March 21st, 2021
Verified purchase

Tip for consumers:
Just don’t

stewartd42
December 19th, 2020

Purchased subscription on Dec 13 for $20/mo (Crave, HBO, movies) and I can't watch anything without constant buffering during prime time. No other service, such as Netflix, has this problem. I called customer service and they want me to call back at night when "I'm experiencing difficulties". I think I will just cancel because I know I will just jump through a bunch of hoops with no positive result. Crave is owned by Bell Media -- figures. They are a terrible company

maryp455
December 18th, 2018

I love CraveTV, lots of cool shows, but please stop making me sign in every second time I try to access it from the same device!

rashaada
September 21st, 2020

Crave is terrible. A few great shows but the poor app and customer service makes it more frustrating than its worth. So many glitches.

I complained as it kept saying that I'm watching on too many devices and only one of my two registered devices was turned on. Customer service was clueless and really had no capability to figure out what to do.

I could go on about their terrible app interface both on the phone and on smart tv but there's plenty reviews that cover that...

makf3
January 7th, 2021

I have e-mailed Crave FIVE times about the promo code they sent me (50% off for 4 months) and said that this promo code doesn't work. They kept saying that it should work, trying to make me renew my subscriptions. Liars and scammers! I hope HBO will use some other platform in Canada for their content.

royf86
May 16th, 2020

When I went to one series - the Last Ship - I was forced to take the first episode of the 5th season. Cannot get into season one. Tried all the fixes I could find online. None worked. Why does CraveTV make this so difficult? Are they really so poorly financed or run that they cannot afford a simple, logical Interface like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, even Tubi. What a frustrating waste of time. They deserve nobody's business.

aaronb361
April 8th, 2020

Cancelled subscription (yearly) found out a year later they didn't cancel it and charged me for another year. Immediately contacted and was informed no refunds even though I have no usage for the entire previous year. Will cancel everything to do with Bell now just to do my part and maybe they'll go out of business. Wasn't even a good program you'd be better off watching cbc on air and quite a rip off. Solid pass on this on all counts.

heatherc228
October 22nd, 2018

declanh15
December 7th, 2020

Pay $20 a month to look at blank screens and error screens. Enjoy all the typical problems associated with bell, but now online :) No way of reporting issues and the response from crave is to burry its head under the sand and ignore the problems. Good stuff Love living in Canada where we protect these amazing companies from any real competition

deezn32
July 1st, 2021

I canceled my subscription within the first two weeks because of the lack of content that could be found on other platforms. So imagine my surprise when it still renewed and charged my account, their "support team" was useless and just kept repeating that its up to the customer that the subscription is canceled before the renewal date and they don't do refunds, despite the fact I had canceled it two weeks prior. Don't waste your money. It ain't worth it.

williams2796
August 11th, 2020

The customer service model leaves much to be desired. It auto renewed my subscription even though I canceled. Their response no refunds per our terms & conditions. That would be OK for a monthly subscription but it totally unfair for the yearly subscription. Save your money too little content for the price, new content not added often enough to justify price. Have to pay extra for HBO and movies

leslies578
March 11th, 2021

Far to costly for the price. I get the Disney Channel for the same amount paid to crave and it has FAR more entertainment than crave and HBO combined. They will not refund. Beware this is also renewed automatically. Make sure to cancel your subscription. Run long and run hard from this provider. Leslie

raym422
February 22nd, 2021

Error code 73, "too many devices streaming" is a nightmare you're sure to get lost with. You can clear your devices as many times as you'd like, but it won't help. Customer service insists (pushingly so) that when they clear your device list that it will work again soon aaaaaaannnnnnnnnnddddd it won't. The platform itself is either underdeveloped or too cheap to fix this problem, as googling "Crave code 73" brings up pages of people having the same issue. I do not recommend.

carolyne81
December 16th, 2019

Driving me crazy! In the middle of programs the show will just freeze. It is terrible. No explanation, no fix.

kenw352
November 23rd, 2020

I can not find a word to describe how bad the CraveTV video player is. Your thinking "oh it can't be that bad right?" Wrong... you cannot select episodes between seasons or skip episodes for that matter. If you forget to pause or end up sleeping through a couple episodes, guess what, you now have to live with it because you can't go back, Lmao.

Do yourself a favour and pirate ‍ What you want to watch, Crave doesn't deserve your money.

davidr1956
January 19th, 2020

This is the worst site I've subscribed to, you could learn a lot from Netflix, the programming is fine but the actually viewing is full of problems, starting the shows and during them has way to many running problems, the whole thing was a rip off to say the least, then when you watch something they cut you off of the last season or two and try to make you pay more to view them from another site all together, very sad indeed. You won't get my money any more.

teriw58
May 28th, 2020

Disappointed to learn after I subscribed that all of the advertised Crave shows needed further subscriptions. Once i cancelled i was charged twice for the next month. Called in to get a refund, they needed the confirmation email once I gave them that they put me on hold for a ridiculously long amount of time. This is unacceptable for a mistake on their end. I would not recommend Crave to anyone.

bettyjod
July 16th, 2021

It drives me crazy! I can't watch a regular episode without been disconnected, of have to sign over and over, or simply does not work. SOS Please!

pavlop4
March 22nd, 2021

They don't offer free trials for a reason - the service is absolute crap. You get 720/1080 on all titles, no 4K content, and that's for a crazy price they charge. I wish there was HBO Max in Canada - but nope. UTorrent it is. Absolute crap.

Tip for consumers:
Just never use it - go to piratebay instead

Products used:
Streaming

dereko59
March 21st, 2021
Verified purchase

Crave buffers every few minutes repeatedly. I can't even get through a movie. I looked up online to see if this was a widespread issue only to see that Craves own site answers this issue by suggesting that all streaming apps have this problem and that the problem most likely is with a devices internet connection.

Well, I have Netflix and Disney+ on my iPad, and I don't have this problem with either. So no, crave, the issue is YOU, not my device or internet. The worse part, Crave costs more than Netflix and is twice as expensive as Disney+. If your stupid app will ever let me get through the Snyder Cut of Justice League, I'm 100% cancelling my subscription. Either way I'm canceling unless they grow some balls, admit they have the problem and work towards solving it.

stephanies852
January 23rd, 2020

I canceled my subscription and realized I was being charged on 2 different credit cards because if problems signing up initially, tried a second card. Both accounts were linked to same email which said I had canceled. Even when this error came to light they said " it's against policy to give refunds" and then have the audacity to continue charging be at the end of the month on the redundant subscription because " I missed the billing cycle" Ethically bankrupt robots for customer service

wolfej4
October 1st, 2020

Crave offers no phone access for customer support. Crave will take your money without giving you the opportunity to cancel your subscription. They have no customer support to speak of. I have requested a refund as they charged me for a months service which I did not want. They offered no opportunity to speak with a representative and no assistance when needed. I would recommend against using this service as they are dismal at providing adequate support.

mizam1
March 31st, 2021

Cravetv in one word: sucks
The content that is available with just crave subscription is not great - I spent many hours TRYING to find anything to watch just to utilize my subscription.
You have to get add-ons (extra charge) to get anything remotely decent to watch.
A lot of content is outdated and so are their policies (they are owned by Bell and IT SHOWS). They are difficult to work with and not very helpful either.
Stick to netflix, or amazon prime. Significantly superior content, great interface and customer service.

alexb619
February 4th, 2020

I signed up thinking more was included, only to find out you have to pay more for services... I cancelled within 5 minutes, only to find I will not be refunded. This is not good customer service. I will not ever use this service again. So in reality, bad customer services leads to further lost revenue. If I received a refund, I may have tried again in the future... now all hope for this is gone. Will not recommend or use the service.

abel294
March 18th, 2021

The resolution is capped at 720p and depending on why device you're using, the bitrate makes it worse. It has nothing to do with your internet connection, but with their awful software. It feels very clunky and slow. No excuse for having this in 2021. I'm glad I never paid for this service and I'm cancelling way before my trial period is up.

I would not recommend getting CraveTV. Their customer support and technical support as well as quality is not upto the mark to compete with other service providers.

By Harpal K.