Review of Cravetv.ca

Cravetv.ca reviews

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

johnj820
5/20/19

We haven't been able to watch one live episode of GOT, GOT is why we subscribed to crave and paid the extra money for HBO. In addition to this, half of the shows we try to watch will not play due to a content error. I am sure Crave has scammed millions of Canadians out of their hard earned money by leveraging GOT as a selling point. Bell Media has found yet another way to take advantage of the average Canadian consumer.

bigg4
5/19/19

So many great shows hidden behind what is perhaps the worst streaming app I have had the misfortune to use. With how useless Bell is the HBO license should really go to literally anyone else.

normans100
5/16/19

I HAVE TO UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL MORE THAN HALF THE TIME I WANT TO WATCH CRAVE AND ALL FOR $200.00 A YEAR FOR THEIR CRAP SERVICE.
Their technical support say they are looking into my problem, cut me off and DON'T call me back like they promise they would do.
They should go out of business because they don't deserve to survive and management should be fired! I held for 55 minutes the other night waiting for tech support and finally gave up and found the show I was watching elsewhere. I have cancelled my subscription and you should too!

prateeks8
5/15/19

- Firstly, they charge you an insane amount of money (3x Netflix) and then they show you ADS??!? If you are going to show my adverts, why did you charge me money?
- Secondly, this site looks and feels like it was built by students at a coding bootcamp. There are bugs so critical that sometimes you literally can't watch shows, can't subscribe, etc. The user experience is horrible.
- Lastly, customer service is non existent. I once emailed them reporting a critical bug and they never responded...

sonyab43
5/15/19

10$ for basic version. 20$ for game of throne.. I wanted crave for GOT. Don't think I'm alone here. Just feel so shady to pay 2x de price if you want the good stuff lol

ginac154
5/14/19

Riddled with bugs and playback errors, very clunky platform garbage. Customer service that either doesn't respond ever or takes over a week if they do. They're so pathetic and embarrassing. It's wild.

carolg344
5/14/19

The site won't load a lot of the times, they suck you in by letting you watch a show so far then if you want to continue to watch they say you need to pay more, and there is NO customer service. You're invisible to Bell media once they have your money.

reds30
5/13/19

Worst service ever. Can't even finish a show most of the time without having a service error. And if you refresh the show restarts from the beginning and then most of the time you can fast forward.

It's seriously the worst.Cancel if .

joaom42
5/13/19

Error loading content ALL THE TIME! Iy is really hard to watch an episode complete
It fails in the middle and it takes a long time to resume when it does. Worst player of all times.

amanveerc
5/13/19

Playback errors ruin everything. Can't find a solution online. Just wait 24 hours. You wait all day to watch and a stupid bug ruins it. I am watching it on a Samsung tv.

pingup
5/13/19

The fact that someone even wrote this software is depressing. Please stop everything you're doing to improve this platform and just write a new one with professional help.

Samsung TV app is useless. I suggest you actually test your software on the devices you build apps for. The UI suggests pressing `Blue` for Menu and `Yellow` for options. Wtf does `Yellow` and `Blue`

saadh5
5/13/19

Trying to watch game of thrones the day after it aired and it's still not loading. Looks like we've been scammed by Bell once again. This should be a class action lawsuit

beno36
5/12/19

I have never hated using a platform more than Crave. If you pause a show then resume it automatically skips to the next episode after a couple minutes. There is also the playback error bug that drives me absolutely insane: randomly, and for no reason, it will refuse to play a specific episode citing an unknown problem. Even after hard booting my tv (because there's no obvious way to restart the app fully) it continues to give me the same error. I have no idea how they landed the HBO deal but it's so incredibly frustrating that I have to navigate this P.O.S. platform just to watch a show.

davida697
5/12/19

right in the middle of the program you are watching, it stops and gives you a loading error message. Every time. So not worth the money they charge. GOT is the only thing worth watching. I will cut it off as soon as that's done.

myleso5
5/12/19

Worse than trying to pirate tv off Reddit. Buffering. Kicked out of accounts and needing to reactivate. Terrible image quality.

bobb702

Terrible
Horrible
Someone at Crave should sign up for Netflix and they'll see what we all mean.
As soon as Game of Thrones ends, so does my money to this garbage service.

tannerb26
5/8/19

I rated 1 since I cant go any lower. Using the website is a painful ordeal when it comes to streaming. I have fairly good internt speed in my house, so for a site that's only proving 720p, should be able to stream any show flawlessly, but this is not the case, every show is prone to brutal freezing or slow load times. Issues are too consistent, I will be cancelling my subscription asap. To say any more would be beating a dead horse, to who ever reads this, do not waste your time and money.

patrickt153
5/7/19

On my Samsung Smart TV, Crave is simply broken. Content often won't load no matter how many times I try to access it. Once it does load, fast forwarding and rewinding is incredibly slow and prone to freezing. If you back out of the content, you lose your place and have to start from the beginning, and fast forwarding is at best 4x speed (15 minutes to get to the end of an hour). If you sign out, you need a smart device to reconnect your account to the app completely. As for the quality of content? HBO streams at a heavily compressed 720p and it looks like absolute garbage. DO NOT SPEND ONE PENNY ON THIS SERVICE.

behradf
5/7/19

This streaming site is horrible. I can't believe there is really more than one programmer behind the whole thing.Also horrible prices for such poor services. Bell should be sued for this garbage.

hotp2
5/6/19

See title.
Tge GUI is junk. The apps across platforms are janky and sluggish. The vale for dollar is not there. The cost of crave is the same as Netflix except it is so much worse than Netflix. As I understand it is owned by Bell which is further marks against. The developers who put together Crave must feel terrible when they go home at night and watch Netflix, knowing they just couldn't compete.

crya
5/5/19

I just signed up a few weeks ago. During peak TV times it constantly is buffing or wont load. This is total garbage. I will not pay $20 a month for garbage service.

Get your $#*! together Crave. To anyone looking into this channel dont bother getting it.
It blows!

francos23
5/4/19

I constantly have to restart and on my Samsung SamrtTV. I watch an episode of GOT, pause and go to washroom, come back and I cannot load it anymore. Keep getting this annoying error that it cannot be loaded. It happened for episode 2 & 3 of season 8. This app sucks. Dropping it after GOT is done. Don't waste your time.

seane48
5/2/19

when I subbed to Crave in Dec '18(I left Netflix because of the Bobs Burgers thing), I had looked through their catalogue and said "okay not bad, they're always adding stuff I'm sure". Six months later and I have exhausted my interest and their catalogue! Click on "collections" and you'll see 'hundreds' of titles in the numbers displayed but if you actually count them, they fall wayyy short. Critically Acclaimed for example boasts 97 ITEMS but upon full count of the items one only gets to 33 just a hair over 1/3 of what is advertised

rubenw18

Problems in point form:
-highest quality setting is 720p via the browser, unacceptable 1080p should be a minimum.
-Search function sucks, if you know you are looking for a title that is a documentary, you should be able to search only in documentaries
-There is no app for windows 10, unacceptable, if every other streaming service has it, so should crave
-price is too high. All I care about are the HBO shows, why can't I just buy access to those? It just makes this company seem greedy

All that being said, it's sad, because the content on Crave is amazing, but it is ruined by such a terrible service that makes it more convenient to just pirate what I am looking for.

justinc245
5/2/19

It has the HBO shows you want and charges you money. It sometimes has commercials, the app is a mess, video quality is garbage. Going to watch game of thrones then unsubscribe. 2/10

I would not recommend getting CraveTV. their customer support and technical support as well as quality is not upto the mark to compete with other service providers.

By Harpal K.

I have been having the same problem and also unsubscribed!

By Norman S.

I decided to get rid of it before my free trial expired! You should too!

By Norman S.

not unless you want to rip all your hair out. Crave has serious streaming problems and mostly you cannot watch it. And if you can the sound is all tinny and canny.

By Kay I.

Questions? Get answers from the Cravetv.ca staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Cravetv.ca