Review of YellowPages.ca

Tel: 1 877 909-9356
socialmedia@yp.ca

ericp341
1/17/19

Absolutely horrible they took my money and they won't return our calls or emails. My experience is garbage.
I can't even change my profile pics or videos without contacting an account manager, emailing them the pics or videos for them to manually edit it. How is this even a thing? Really?
I can't change my own profile pics or videos, I can't update my profile.
I had a different account managers without any notice, I was sending e-mail one after another without any response within 3 months of starting my service.
I called two time with up to 30 minutes waiting time, the only help I got is I have to respect the contract. I told them they don't even respect their own article by not delivering help. The customer service argue that they did their job that's it and I have to pay. I got to talk to the third one with promises of calling back to help me but never happened. This type of thing is unreliable and frustrating.
They only notify you when you owe them money. I feel trapped.
DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE FROM YELLOW PAGES.
Here is an article detailing the issues faced when dealing with this company, I got this from another unsatisfied client:

Tip for consumers: Just used Google ad Word, easy to use and you have full control of the budget for advertising without a contract.

anastasiat10
1/14/19

They tell you: try it for 1 year....
And after this year they just continue to take your money from the Credit card!!!!
O! Yes! Who did know that I have to cancel the contract....
So now I have to pay ONE MORE YEAR for nothing!!!
Did not get from them any clients!
and 2 hours waiting on telephone for the customer service which did not help!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Anastasia, we are sorry to read about your experience. Yellow Pages is proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. We would also be happy to take a look at your campaign performance and suggest improvements. Thank you.
colet26
1/14/19

The only calls you get from advertising with YellowPages are telemarketers and other online marketing companies wanting your buisness . Awful customer service. If you want to talk with someone its an 45 min wait on hold. If they need to put you on hold after you finally get someone its another 15/20 min wait on hold. I cancelled my account and they still were taking money off my credit card. Stay away from this company, I cant believe there hasn't been a class action lawsuit against them yet

chadm117
1/10/19

Like many trying to get out of a contract and get told of the auto renew. That i must contact 3 month in advance to cancel ask to speak to a supervisor and denied. Un professional and scam artist.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Chad, we are sorry to read about your experience. Yellow Pages is proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. We would also be happy to take a look at your campaign performance with you if you were not satisfied with it. Thank you.
naomim47
1/10/19

I have been told the following from the CSR's they dont have the number for Corporate, wont transfer me to an account rep, no retention team, and i cant speak to a Supervisor. The email address for complaints will go to Customer Service only. This is really bad customer service . They CSR said its his mandate to deal with the call, you're a CSR not a Government Official and as a customer I should be able to get a request full filled without constant road blocks.

Tip for consumers: Find a better marketing provider, i have to wait till my contract is up before doing so.

shanej34
1/9/19

They put down the wrong phone number for my business and I believe linked a competitors phone number to mine. They also put my business in the wrong category. They were corrected on multiple occasions but failed to rectify the situation. Finally when calling to deal with an account expect to be put on hold for an hour or more.

elizabethe139
1/8/19

The worst response and reviews I ever had in my life. Asking to speak to a manager I was told it is not possible, asking for the recording of my conversation and telephonic contract when I set an account up at YP the agent promised to sent it but then cut me off and discontinued the call!!
As a consumer I should be able to cancel my account at any time. But it is automatically renewed and apparently it is on your verbal contract, which they could not provide to me.
Yellow Pages sucks.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Elizabeth, we are sorry to read about your experience. Yellow Pages is proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
pearld23
1/8/19

North York Appliance repair (expert technician Garett Girdler) is a company you can trust for all your Maytag Whirlpool, and Jennifer-Air repairs among others. They are well informed, honest and get the job done. Their fees are reasonable and they do only what is absolutely needed. Garett did a repair on an older dryer last year and did it quickly at a most reasonable fee. Today, he came for my Maytag washing machine, found that a button hadn't been pushed in completely ( causing the problem with drainage) and did NOT charge a penny for my error in spite of his travel time.....a true gentleman!
I would recommend anyone whose appliance needs repair to call this company for fast, reliable service at very reasonable prices! I promise you, you won't regret it!

ebrahimj1
12/31/18

i send this writing a year a go direct to them:
Peace be upon you

Nearly since two years ago, I am under tremendous pressure by Yellow Page (YP) to pay them a money which sounds like extortion and blackmail. Emails that have been exchanged between me and YP which I have the copy of them truly show that YP outrageously wants money from me for no reason. I never showed interest in YP to put an AD for my business. I had told them that I did not have money to pay them and asked them to stop pressuring me. I told them I had no interest in doing business with them. I had told them that I was paying Google $200 and kjiji $15 and that those ADs are enough for me. Those ADs are mine and I could edit them as I wished.

Unfortunately, the company YP did not pay attention and continued to insist and tried to force me to pay the money. Few days ago a person called me and with intimidating tone told me that my AD is in YP and that I have to pay. I explained but he did not listen and then i have received a letter asking me to pay them $2532.63 otherwise they will ruin my credit.

Yesterday I went to court to file a complaint, because apart from pressure that the company brought to me, I have to close my shop. The shop that I have built with the money I have borrowed from my elderly mother. Now I have to lose that investment. God knows how shall I make my life at age 61? Is this what I get in this land of justice and democracy? Yes, I am going after defending my rights through law and court of justice to defend myself against this scam. I have fled from tyranny in my origin country and have come to Canada hoping to find peace, equality and justice here. I am going through tremendous psychological torture. I am reaching out to you with hope that you can provide me with some help to defend myself against YP or if you can direct me to the right place where I can get support to deal with his extremely unpleasant condition.

michaelr965
12/29/18

This company is cold calling and selling products to people that don't want or need them!
They are not doing their jobs, not staying in communication, not coming up on their promises, they bring in no business and are just selling a name, that now means nothing, very bad staff, liars, shady, and they charge he earth!!

stevenc352
12/27/18

I would never recommend to my worst enemy! Such a joke of a company. Requested multiple times for changes, then to cancel and still I'm
Being billed. Wrong information on the site, wrong address and wrong hours as well. Spent hours and hours on hold, hired a marketing guy who ended up giving up after dozens of hours on hold. Steer clear of these scam artists!

cassandrac20
12/13/18

Havent made any business through this company. Waste of a contract when you're not getting any clientele from here. They said I've got over 10 calls, I do not have any recollection of calls, and when I do it is only word of mouth.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Cassandra, we are sorry to read about your experience. Yellow Pages is proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly about how we can improve your experience. We invite you to reach out to us at 1-844-875-4290. Thank you.
laurenm232
12/13/18

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I have a dispute in the system and after months of trying to get the issue through to them they finally sent it to the proper department, and let me know that the wait time to get a response is at least 12 weeks as they have so many complaints to deal with. Save your hard earned money!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Lauren, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are currently experiencing a higher volume of calls than usual on our customer service line, but please be assured that we are taking the necessary actions to reduce our wait times. We invite you to reach out to us at 1-844-875-4290 to follow-up on the case you are mentioning in your review. Thank you, and sorry again.
mattp175
12/12/18

What an absolute scam of a company!! Advertised with them online for 3 years, tried to cancel the service because the ad was all wrong and did absolutely nothing for the company. They continue to send bills for months of service we don't even have! Ive talked to a dozen different people nobody will actually help you. This and 411 are pure scams nowadays! Beware, even as a brand new business, I would never sign up with these bunch of liars. You're far further ahead going to better off without.

marke562
12/7/18

Just as everyone else has said, useless waist of money. Only calls I get from them is telemarketers. Once they had my money, no emails returned, any images I asked them to add, never got done, could never get my dashboard to work. Nothing worked as promised. I'm sure cancelling will also be a nightmare.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Mark, we are sorry to read about our experience. We would love to chat with you about your campaign performance. We would also be happy to make the changes you are mentioning in your review. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? We are looking forward to speaking with you.
rg135
12/7/18

This is such a scam! They have horrible customer service, I have tried to cancel several times, and I have been stuck on the phone on hold for at least 25 minutes EACH time. You would think that with high technology and primarily an online business, there should be a online help option that you can chat with a real person within minutes.
They did not review the terms of the contract in detail before signing people up, and sticking it to them. Once I *hope to get out of my contract, I will never ever go with them again and will never recommend them. The automatic renewal of the service should never be happening without a warning, but that is how they scam to get more money out of innocent hardworking business who thought this sounded like a great idea!

nf24
N F.
11/29/18

Yellow pages is behind the times. After 8 months, not a single client. When I called to share my unhappiness their response was sir we don't make any guarantees and sorry you've signed a 12 month contract so we can't cancel. Not even my profile photo and descriptive criteria were loaded, despite these being sent 6 months ago!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to read about your experience. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Our team will be able to help make updates to your profile. Thank you.
sashab23
11/29/18

They lock you in contacts that renew without your consent. You also have to call 2 months ahead to cancel it. Fu*kin scammers. Just google yellowpage scam and you see they have 1/5 review on wvery website

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Sasha, we are sorry to read about your experience. Yellow Pages is proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly about how we can improve your experience with us and answer your questions. We invite you to reach out to us at 1-844-875-4290. Thank you.
matthewd203
11/27/18

We decided to pay for ads on yellow pages after the sales man promised us things that sounded to good to be true! They were! We got a total of 0 leads from yellow pages after 1 year and $2000. We tried to cancel our subscription several times and they would constantly give us the run around. They will bully small compaines that do not want thier credit ruined to pay for a service they do not provide!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Matthew, we are sorry to read about your experience. Yellow Pages is proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly about how we can improve your campaign performance. We invite you to reach out to us at 1-844-875-4290. Thank you.
lesliev34
11/23/18

Don't ever use Air Cab in Moncton, NB!! Their driver's are scam artists!! Trying to fake accidents to get you to give them money!! One of their Syrian driver's said we hit his car when we did not! Police were called and told him it is illegal to make false insurance claims! He threatened us and blocked our vehicle in while he was parked illegally! Air Cab did nothing about this!

christopherm563
11/22/18

This is a criminal organization who STEALS your money. I have tried to cancel my account serval time each time I have assured they have cancelled it and then next month I get charged. They auto re newed me after I decided to quit there system which is ILLEGAL It's a never ending horror story. I got zero business from this ridiculously outdated company. Which is the icing on the cake. I truly cant say enough negative things about this disaster of a company. PLEASE take your money and flush it down the toilet before you give a cent to these morons.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Christopher, we are sorry to read about your experience. Yellow Pages is proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly about how we can improve your campaign performance. We invite you to reach out to us at 1-844-875-4290. Thank you.
jamess1466
11/22/18

Yellow Pages is the worst company to go with to promote your business. I wanted to cancel my ad and they signed me back up for another year without asking me which is against the law!! When I called to complain you have to stay on hold for forty minutes waiting to talk for someone. My request was completed but then I had to phone back another 8 times to get the ad down and talk more about billing. They are here only to make money not to help you. Each time I called them the rep. wouldn't process the information to take my ad down. I have owned my business for a long time and they truly a good representative for any company to be with.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi James, we are sorry to read about your experience. What you are describing is not a good representation of the kind of service we like to offer to our clients. We are taking your feedback seriously, as it will help us to improve the experience we offer to our clients in the future. Please be assured that the satisfaction of our clients is our #1 priority.
billj181
11/12/18

They promise you the world and turn around and do nothing But bill you. when you try to cancel or tell them to stop billing you they will not. It took them 3 months to get my info online and during that time I requested to cancel as they did nothing to honour their contract. Worst company ever. They need to be stopped.wish there was a 0 or negative rating here.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Bill, we are sorry to read about your experience. Yellow Pages is proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly about how we can improve your experience with us and answer your questions. We invite you to reach out to us at 1-844-875-4290. Thank you.
nickr161
11/1/18

Been paying monthly listing for years, when I decided to stop they said I had a yearly contract that expired in 9 months from now. I never signed any contract with them and have been paying them monthly for 10+ years. I told them I was done with them and to remove my listing. They said no and continued billing me monthly + $25 fee for monthly non payment + interest. Stay away from these scam artists. Does anyone know how to get them off my back?

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Nick, we are sorry to read about your experience. We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly about how we can improve your experience with us and answer your questions regarding our contract terms. We invite you to reach out to us at 1-844-875-4290. Thank you.
traceyb113
10/26/18

I am having a hard time with yellow pages with the virtual profile, and am trying hard to cancel it, all yellow pages want is your money, my profile was supposed to be done in June but there is none of the info that I gave them and the info that is on in all the other search engines is wrong, wrong address on pretty much every one, very confusing for customers and spending a lot of time on the phone talking to irate customers that have been lost for an hour and need to catch a plane!!!! so have not paid the portion of the bill relating to profile, lets see what happens now!!!!

Tip for consumers: you cannot get through unless youve got 2 hours to sit on the phone and they are not friendly!!!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Tracey, we are sorry to read about your experience. We invite you to reach out to us at 1-844-875-4290, a member of our team will be able to help. Thank you.

My son in high school was harassed by a telemarketer and said no. He created an IT website in HS for a class.Two months later I got an invoice for $57 month. I told them my son has a Communication Learning Disability, a Medical Disability and is being treated for PTSD. They refused to help. I will go to BBB and ask my lawyer. My son should have hung up but they coerced him and he was too young and naive to know better. Shame on them!!

By Jennifer D.

Questions? Get answers from the YellowPages.ca staff and other customers.

4 Photos for YellowPages.ca