YellowPages.ca

YellowPages.ca has a consumer rating of 1.08 stars from 259 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. YellowPages.ca also ranks 94th among Directories sites. The most common issues with YellowPages.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• This company has very bad business practices, they are rude and customer service is no help.
  • We agreed to a 30 day trial but they signed up our seasonal business to a one year contract for a total of $3000!!
How would you rate YellowPages.ca?

“North York Appliance Repair: Integrity and excellence!”

Pearl D.
1/8/19

North York Appliance repair (expert technician Garett Girdler) is a company you can trust for all your Maytag Whirlpool, and Jennifer-Air repairs among others. They are well informed, honest and get the job done. Their fees are reasonable and they do only what is absolutely needed. Garett did a repair on an older dryer last year and did it quickly at a most reasonable fee. Today, he came for my Maytag washing machine, found that a button hadn't been pushed in completely ( causing the problem with drainage) and did NOT charge a penny for my error in spite of his travel time.....a true gentleman! I would recommend anyone whose appliance needs repair to call this company for fast, reliable service at very reasonable prices! I promise you, you won't regret it!

“Dishonest practise”

Daniel L.
2/3/20

I have retired after 40 years in business. I cancelled my ad over a year ago. They continued it. I called in October again to cancel, yet they still continued to bill me. They say it is automatic renewal, nonsense, I did not agree to this. The add was place without my consent. The absolute worst customer service. Funny no problem with Goldbook.

customer service (37) year contract (18) credit card (18) 3 months (13) business (136) 6 months (7) business name (7) 1 year (14) 2 months (15) collection agency (6) business practices (10) 9 months (7)
daniell644
February 3rd, 2020
geraldh148
March 2nd, 2020
Remove auto renew because it's just a scam to benefit Yellow Pages not for the customer (Remove auto renew) (Remove auto renew) My overall rating is -3 worst being -5 not 1 just because the first 6 years was a + 2 last 8 years sucked very Bad owner of Just Blast It in Calgary
jamesl1194
January 16th, 2020
it rejects true feedback and manipulate the thing on their own favorite, not in the interest of general public that they serve.
paulb1738
January 3rd, 2020
Tried to cancel service - forced me to pay for another year said we had not cancelled in time - bogus company and very poor customer service - watch out they will cheat you out of your money then threaten to sue you - but they dont listen to anything at all !!
dougk232
January 8th, 2020
I am a volunteer administrative board member of a non profit organization which offers help and support to individuals in trouble through a self help program. We are supported solely through volunteer contributions by our members and operate on a very limited budget. In February of 2018 we had recognized the futility of our "Yellow Pages" subscription and decided to cancel so that we could put our funds to better use. I was told we would have to pay until years end, and now they tell me our contract runs until the end of February 2020! The story continues to change, and they show no compassion or good will. Let your fingers do the walking away from these scammers!
sebastienb11
January 13th, 2020
I was very surprised at the end of our talk that they didn't even try to create a real contract out of it. Just a talk was enough for them. As it's enough for nobody and almost any normal situations. Even a grocery store gives more legitimacy to their dealings with you.

I tested them for a good month and saw that their ads were worthless, so I went to cancel it. A marketing company that gives no Return of Investments has to change things or will stop being employed. Their responses has always been towards me "$#*! you, pay me", to paraphrase. Oh right, once they also told me their inability to get me people in the door was my fault.

When using the same type of online ads by myself, I had good enough results. I figured a professional would be able to get me even more. But they are not able. actually I've never seen a worst marketer in any single way than YellowPage.

I ended up just stopping their ability to use my card and ended up paying a fee for it in exchange for a letter that basically said we're all good.

Any other company or business would have done better. Any one of them. I've never seen such an ineffective business, with such overwhelmingly worthless results, and probably the worst customer service I've experienced in my life. It felt like employing someone in my business who decided to do nothing at all all month, then tried to sue me to get paid for the whole year.

Whatever you do, don't deal with Yellow Page.

Tip for consumers: Just don't do it.

brianl721
February 28th, 2020
My experiences were the same as everyone else's. SCARY! I emailed everyone I could think of. BBB got thru to them and my contract was cancelled. Why has the powers that be let them get away with their practices.
michaelm3457
November 26th, 2019
First signed up with Yellow Pages about 8 years ago. I retire and try to cancel.... what a hassle! They say my agreement auto-renewed and I owe them for 10 more months. I don't have an agreement with them but because they sent an email and one of my staff opened it, that's it hooked for another year???? Total BS and they can't legally hold someone liable for 8 years!
deew126
December 12th, 2019
As many have mentioned here they are a complete joke when it comes to taking businesses money. They don't care about you or your business, they want to leverage there so called "domain" saying people are finding you online through there platform. Well guess what...you can put a free listing on there platform that people find you just as easy.

If ANYONE reads this...save your money and hire an actual digital marketing company. Youll have better visibility and it will be put towards a website YOU OWN...not Yellowpages.

Worst part is they never renogitate auto renewal...they just auto bill not clarifiying what people are paying for.

Terrible ethics on their part and above all else agent I'm dealing with is rude and unhelpful.
kelsob
March 25th, 2019
Absolutely atrocious service. We have tried to cancel unauthorized payments and they will not call. They claim an 'investigation' must be done before we can cancel and it will take 12 weeks to perform a cancellation investigation. Aside from the fact that I spent 44 minutes on hold to reach an incompetent agent who gave me the run around (Employee # 7006521) really pisses me off. They don't answer the phone when you call the toll free number and they are essentially a complete scam.
YellowPages F. – YellowPages.ca Rep
Hi Kelso, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would like to apologize for the longer than usual wait times on our customer service line. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
didiv
March 29th, 2019
Firstly I never got one referral or phone call from this service. They totally fabricate their results claiming that hundreds of people have clicked on your add. Well when I told the rep my google analytics shows something different he never had anything to say. Now I get harassing phone calls and continue to get billed even though I canceled my contract 1.5 months before it ended. The worst advertising experience ever.
YellowPages F. – YellowPages.ca Rep
Hi Didi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Over 8 million Canadians use YP.ca, the YP app and our print directories each month to find and connect with local businesses. Our team is always happy to optimize our clients' campaign to improve their ROI. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
kenand6
August 19th, 2019
I just called to correct my business numbers were printed with wrong addresses. They don't even have control of what book they print. The person said that I should call the local phone company. We do not use land line and wireless phones for business already have our correct information. So don't waste your money for advertisement on yellow pages. They act like they don't care about their errors.
naomim47
January 10th, 2019
I have been told the following from the CSR's they dont have the number for Corporate, wont transfer me to an account rep, no retention team, and i cant speak to a Supervisor. The email address for complaints will go to Customer Service only. This is really bad customer service . They CSR said its his mandate to deal with the call, you're a CSR not a Government Official and as a customer I should be able to get a request full filled without constant road blocks.

Tip for consumers: Find a better marketing provider, i have to wait till my contract is up before doing so.

dwaynel18
October 25th, 2019
They screwed up our phone number in the directory and said we still have to pay. FU Yellow Pages SCAMMERS. Use Google or Facebook, you get 50 times more traffic and calls then yellow scam.
corinnem24
April 25th, 2019
I posted a bad review on company, which was approved. I went back to edit it then received a bot email stating the review is down because it is "clearly spam or contains duplicated content."

Well, it's hard to argue with an algorithm. Sent four emails. One email explaining I made only minor edits, and why. 3 others asking them to explain why my review was rejected. They have not bothered to reply. In my view, unprofessional, for sure. I'm quite disgusted.
lorenae7
September 19th, 2019
I was contacted by a sales person to advertise my business. They made all kinds of promises to help me advertise. Only to find out that they took my money, Ive never gotten one phone call or customers contacts through YP services. I am now in collections because of YP and no business came through YP. Do not use them, they will just take your money and not get you any business st all. Ive gotten more results from Social media channels for free.
jeffs894
November 19th, 2019
Worst customer support, this company is a complete rip-off!

False claims, false information, these guys need to be stopped on what they charge and how they sell their services! There is no truth to any of their advertising claims'
jessicau15
February 27th, 2019
Exactly like all of the other reviews. They auto-renew without letting you know, and make it absolutely impossible to cancel. Customer service was incredibly rude; even somewhat gleeful that we were "too late" to cancel, despite the new period not having started yet. I'm furious at the absolute lack of regard for the customer. Is tricking people the only way that they can make money these days?? YP received THOUSANDS of dollars from us over the last three years and in no way benefited our company.
YellowPages F. – YellowPages.ca Rep
Hi Jessica, we woud like to apologize for your experience.
We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
elizabethe139
January 8th, 2019
The worst response and reviews I ever had in my life. Asking to speak to a manager I was told it is not possible, asking for the recording of my conversation and telephonic contract when I set an account up at YP the agent promised to sent it but then cut me off and discontinued the call!!
As a consumer I should be able to cancel my account at any time. But it is automatically renewed and apparently it is on your verbal contract, which they could not provide to me.
Yellow Pages sucks.
YellowPages F. – YellowPages.ca Rep
Hi Elizabeth, we are sorry to read about your experience. Yellow Pages is proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
stewarth43
December 4th, 2019
Had a website built by yell, the sales rep said the site would be mine,, but it wasn't just the domain name was mine,, u have to rent your own website off yell every year, so the money I thought I was spending on website build was really rental, which would be due every year,, also the account manager takes weeks to get back to you when you have an issue, and customer service is about as useful as a bucket with a hole, also to top it all off I spent a total of 1000 pounds, and never even got 1 phone call, yell apologies are not worth anything and I got a total of 10 pounds in a way of an apology,, never use this company again, total waste of time
jerryw238
August 15th, 2019
I would give them less than1star if I could.
Customer service is not helpful at all.You can never talk to anyone unless you leave voice messages for days. They have not helped my business at all. All they are is a money grab. They have not sent me a bill for 6 months then expect me to come up with the amount of $6,000.00 to pay them.
No wonder yellow pages is going under.
jacobm115
November 19th, 2019
I was using them for about 3-4 months I noticed that i was not getting any results so i asked them to cancel my account. About 6 months after that i got a bill for over $700 and when i asked them what it was for they said over due balance for 5-6 months. I told them again id like to cancel this and i did so many months ago. they told me once i paid thsi bill my account then will be cancelled.

But nope id say about 8-9 months after that i got another bill for about $1200 again asked them what its for they said over due balance for almost a year. I said well i asked you to cancel this along time ago. If i pay this $1200 balance whats stopping you from doing this again?. i got no response till today when a lawyer called me representing yellow pages saying if i dont pay $5000 my bank accounts will be frozen. what the hell is going on?
cecilym4
January 3rd, 2020
Did not deliver what they promised and even mispelled the company name on advertising. DO NOT deal with this company. Just read this review.Canadian businesses blast Yellow Pages' ad practices:
ramanc2
February 21st, 2019
Got me into a verbal contract for a year, which I honoured by paying the amount in full. Instructed them to not renew the contract. A year later I get a call from their Accounts Receivable saying I have outstanding balance. My ad is not even on their website. Huge waste of time and money. I am writing this review while on hold for the last 15 mins with their Customer Service department.
YellowPages F. – YellowPages.ca Rep
Hi Raman, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. If the situation you are describing in your review has not been resolved yet, we invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290, a member of our team will be happy to help.
melissah294
March 18th, 2019
They make a pretty website, but that's pretty much it. Horrible customer service, impossible to get through on the phone, and poorly functioning websites. Their fees are ridiculous for what you get, and you have to pay even more to have a remotely effective SEO for your website. I would NEVER suggest YP to anyone, and cannot wait to get out of my contract and move on. YP, if you let me out of contract, I might stop posting reviews.....
YellowPages F. – YellowPages.ca Rep
Hi Melissa, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would like to speak with you about this and have the opportunity to make things right. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.

By YellowPages F., Manager - Customer Service