Review of YellowPages.ca

Tel: 1 877 909-9356
socialmedia@yp.ca

ss514
7/17/19

Just do yourself a favour. Check BBB about this company before you say *yes* or *okey* over a phone with them ....otherwise you will end up with auto-renew every 12 months contract payment .....
I wish was -5 here !!!

elyciat
7/4/19

My husband and I owned and operated a small business in 2015-2017. We contacted Yellow Pages to inquire about their services and somehow got locked into a 1 year verbally agreed contract which could not be cancelled until we paid out the full year. We didn't find any of this out until after we received the first bill and called and attempted to cancel. Which after the first cancellation request, they told us they would cancel. However, when we got a second bill the next month and called again, that's when they told us it can't be cancelled until we've paid the bills and even then we'd have to fulfill the full year's 'agreement'. We refused to pay since they hadn't been honest with us and hadn't even provided any services. They continued harassing and billing us even after we closed our business and moved. Then, last year they sent us a new letter threatening to take legal action if we didn't pay within so many days. We attempted to contact them several times about this but gave up when no one would answer or return our calls or emails. It didn't stop them from continually billing us though! Then today (4/7/19) they had their lawyer from CLT call and give us an ultimatum: We had until 3pm eastern time to pay $5298.15 as their settlement offering otherwise they'd sue us for over $10,000. We weighed the pros and cons and concluded not to take further risks by fighting and therefore paid the money. We asked for a written agreement and/or recording of the phone call confirming full release of any obligations to YP if we made the payment (prior to) but they refused to send anything until after the payment was made and on the following day (So we made our own recording). We'll see if they come through with it tomorrow. This entire business practice is outrageous and extortion at it's best. We want our money back and for this company to be shut down permanently.

renep48
6/26/19

Absolutely SICKENING company, ruthless, rude, barbaric business behaviour!!!
The worst of the century. Don't even waste $1.00 of your hard earned money with
these bastard scammers. Their representation will plummet and shatter to pieces.

jessical576
6/26/19

The yellow pages company is the absolute worst I have ever dealt with. At the time of starting my company I thought it would be a great tool to try out for advertising. 9 months later they hadn't really done anything for me and when I had a concern and needed to contact them I waited on hold on the phone for over an hour (learn from my mistake and use email because they are now going back and telling me phone conversations I had with them never happened). Ok so 9 months into my contract (January 2018) I am ready to cancel and I know I have to let them know 3 months in advance (which is also bullcrap if you ask me), I contact them via email to keep my paper trail and begin the cancellation process, they continue to send me bills in the mail and every time I contact them to have the bills stopped they tell me that they will charge me then reimburse my bill have it total 0$ which is where my account should sit.

After months and months of calling and emailing with one of the manager Kalvin L and he assured me time and time again that the contract for 2018 was wrongfully opened on their end and as of May 2019 all the bills would stop and the contracts would be done. Now that it is June 2019 and I DID RECEIVE a bill for May of 2019 I am back to arguing with him that I still owe money from 2018 (a year that I did not even have a contract with YP).

Please please please do not ever sign a contract with YELLOW PAGES they are complete scam artists and will never let your contract end regardless of what you do, who you talk to, what you pay, you will continue to receive bills from them.

gg132
6/6/19

You signed a contract that says you need to cancel your service 3 months before the renewal date. They certainly don't make it clear and then you need to remember to do it. They will be happy to renew a brand new 1 year contract and have you on the hook for the next year if you forget. They don't call to see if you want to continue, or if you are happy with the service you're receiving....They just want you to keep paying. You'll get nowhere by calling in about it other than making this the last contract when it expires.

bh123
5/31/19

You can sign a contract to start advertising... BUT THEY WILL NEVER LET YOU LEAVE...
Just play Hotel California while you try and deal with this BS company...
They have every BS excuse as to why you owe them money and you can't end your agreement... Why they are able to continually SCAM people with their fraudulent practices is beyond me...

paulp436
5/29/19

One of the most unorganized and unreliable corporations I have ever encountered. No customer service no support, basically there is no one to talk to.

alvink23
5/25/19

I requested copies of Yellow pages and white pages and was promised delivery twice but they were never delivered. When I complained about the failure to deliver I was told that they had been delivered in my neighbourhood previously in the spring. Strange; none of my neighbours received them either. I miss the ease of use these books provided as I am a senior and the online YP do not show many ads that businesses spend tens of thousands of dollars on for advertising. Businesses are being ripped off by YP as are consumers whom they continually refuse to deliver the book.

The extremely poor service and apparent lies about past and future deliveries do not even warrant a one star rating and my rating would actually be Zero stars. Do not trust this company.

michaeln356
5/17/19

I found that I got no business from my ad and after I closed my business, I could not close my account until my annual renewal date. I had understood it was monthly commitment. When I asked to speak to a manager, the call-taker refused.

So my payments over a year and four months bought me nothing. I had other sources of business, however, in the end I closed the business. When I attempted to close the account, I was told that I had to pay for it for another eight months. I just do not see this company as an outfit to do business with.

patb370
5/7/19

I took over an apartment business but not continue the apartment. I've got lots of call asking for monthly rental, and overwhelm for summer worker rental but I didn't do it. I contact YP to delete the listing but instead they replace my contact phone to their obsolete business and phone number listing. Then ask me to pay if I need another update such as a business name or change of service detail. I wished I'd never contact them as no one that want to contact the apartment will reach me. Kept their obsolete non-existing number on the list. It's only annoying.

dusting27
5/6/19

It started out as 90 dollars a month by 2 months in it was 230 dollars a month I asked to shut the advertising off as I was not around to run my business for a few months and they said they couldnt. I asked if I could cancel it althogether and they said I had to wait 10 months. Made me and my business look bad and didnt bring any extra sales

corinnem24
4/25/19

I posted a bad review on company, which was approved. I went back to edit it then received a bot email stating the review is down because it is "clearly spam or contains duplicated content."

Well, it's hard to argue with an algorithm. Sent four emails. One email explaining I made only minor edits, and why. 3 others asking them to explain why my review was rejected. They have not bothered to reply. In my view, unprofessional, for sure. I'm quite disgusted.

samz37
4/24/19

they are the worst kind of people to deal with or to talk to. goooooooooooood i hate hem do your self's a favor keep your money in your pocket don't throw it in a garbage cann called YELLOWPAGES. This is coming from an over 12 years long good paying customer and they just did't care. this is a faceless bad company all you hear from them if you have a compliant yes sir i understand your frustrations and on and on and on for nothing. i just didn't work today because of them they got me so mad i couldn't stay t work i felt that they were making a fool out of me. You have to be a lawyer to be able to do business with this trash company. i really wanna write everything that happened but i couldn't because of the headache they made me.

juliab212
4/15/19

They are professional Liars, they tell you everything they said they would do for you to sign up with their non disclosure contract. I pay a lot of money to advertise but there is no results, they will not cancel our contract they just keep collecting our money. What a Scam! Dishonest and Downright EVIL company.

andrewd265
4/12/19

They gave false claims to service that only Google ad words can provide. They would not cancel my account. Never deal with Yellow pages as they will trap you in a contract that does absolutely nothing for your business. It's amazing that a high school student can be scammed and they just get away with it. Avoid them at all costs. If I could rate 0 stars I would

rebeccaa150
4/11/19

Yellowpages is a scam business!

They added my business to their online listing with my PERSONAL CELL phone number
listed. I continue to get autodial and marketing phone calls to my
personal number every day (Sometimes at 4 or 5 am in the morning!)

They did this without my consent to disclose my personal information. The
worst part is you cannot ask them to remove your listing, they make you
sign up for their bogus service in order to edit or remove your listing.

I am looking into whether this is a chargeable offense under
Canada's Anti-Spam regulations and will be reporting this highly
unscrupulous activity post haste.

phyllisa42
4/11/19

Tried to file a negative review on an AWFUL dealership, but this site made me join their services to post the review, yet they did NOT post the review.

melissah299
4/11/19

On top of paying ridiculous fees for a poorly functioning website, their customer service is absolutely appalling. Our customer service rep never gets back to our emails, which is the most effective way to get ahold of him. Once we were emailing about billing changes, and him not getting back to us ended up in $50 of late fees. (Tried to make the changes online, but the website wasn't working). I recently heard of people getting out of their contracts because of a class action law suit, so we called in to cancel. We were told that we would here back from a manager in 4-6 weeks to start the process IF our request was is approved. I asked about what would happen after that, if I should start preparations on a new site, etc. He gave me NO useful information, and said he could put a note on our request that we'd like to be called sooner. Wouldn't let me speak to a manager, another representative, request a call from somebody soonernothing. I'm so fed up with the terrible customer service, crazy fees and website that attracts 0 attention because it's not optimized for SEO or anything. I just want out so I can move on and not have this hindering my business.

phillipa72
4/10/19

Every representation YP's salesman made was false. Legitimate sales leads were about 2% of what was promised. When we tried calling phone numbers of those they said had responded to their advertising, almost everyone we reached had either never heard of DexYP and/or not heard of our business. Some we spoke with had driven by our business or heard of us from another source, but in looking up our number, apparently stumbled upon a site where YP was able to grab their number and claim it as a lead they had generated. YP's worthlessness would have put us out of business had we not figured out how to advertise on social media and promote the business ourselves. If someone offered to give us $500 to spend advertising with Yelp or Facebook or $50,000 to spend with YP, we would take the $500 and Yelp or Facebook. YP really is that pathetic. And to top everything off, when DexYP responds to other negative reviews, they give a number for the unhappy customer to call, explain their problem, and DexYP says they will make it right. But the line is always busy during business hours and at all other times you get a recorded message. I expect this is just another scam to fool people into thinking they are responding to customer complaints when they are actually doing nothing.

sama278
4/3/19

Big SCAM... do not book any Ads with the yellow pages...worst customer service EVER...never got any leads from their advertising. I have tried to cancel the service and they keep billing me saying that I'm locked in for a year... said I'm in a contract but I never spoke to anyone from their office... I'm not paying anymore bills and they're threatening to send my account to collections.

didiv
3/29/19

Firstly I never got one referral or phone call from this service. They totally fabricate their results claiming that hundreds of people have clicked on your add. Well when I told the rep my google analytics shows something different he never had anything to say. Now I get harassing phone calls and continue to get billed even though I canceled my contract 1.5 months before it ended. The worst advertising experience ever.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Didi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Over 8 million Canadians use YP.ca, the YP app and our print directories each month to find and connect with local businesses. Our team is always happy to optimize our clients' campaign to improve their ROI. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
westarm
3/26/19

I have never had such terrible service and been lied to from this company. I am not going to go into my whole experience but after years of loyalty to them they go and stab you in the back all for their benefit. Instead of trying to reach an reasonable agreement they have lost a customer for life and I will make sure that no one that I associate with will make that same mistake.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Westar, we are sorry to read about your experience. We would like to speak with you about this and have the opportunity to make things right. Please be assured that our customers' satisfaction is our #1 priority. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
kelsob
3/25/19

Absolutely atrocious service. We have tried to cancel unauthorized payments and they will not call. They claim an 'investigation' must be done before we can cancel and it will take 12 weeks to perform a cancellation investigation. Aside from the fact that I spent 44 minutes on hold to reach an incompetent agent who gave me the run around (Employee # 7006521) really pisses me off. They don't answer the phone when you call the toll free number and they are essentially a complete scam.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Kelso, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would like to apologize for the longer than usual wait times on our customer service line. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
jesses136
3/20/19

LIARS will make promises and go back on everything.... LIARS LIARS LIARS LIARS LIARS
after they lie to you they will bug you for money none stop

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Jesse, we are sorry to read about your experience. We would like to speak with you about this and have the opportunity to make things right. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
dawsonp4
3/20/19

Slick sales guy signed me up in August 2017 told me contract was for only 1 year, called in June 2018 to make sure contract was ending sales guy told me it was done.

Yellow Pages starts calling me in Sept 2018 at least once a week and haven't stopped as I got a new credit card and the old one expired, trying to get pay me to pay for a contract that they automatically renewed even though they said it was canceled.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Dawson, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

By YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative

They also posted my personal information to their site without permission. I recommend reporting them to Canada's Anti-spam regulatory body. You can report them here: https://www.fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/frm-eng/MMCN-9EZV6S

By Rebecca A.

My son in high school was harassed by a telemarketer and said no. He created an IT website in HS for a class.Two months later I got an invoice for $57 month. I told them my son has a Communication Learning Disability, a Medical Disability and is being treated for PTSD. They refused to help. I will go to BBB and ask my lawyer. My son should have hung up but they coerced him and he was too young and naive to know better. Shame on them!!

By Jennifer D.

Questions? Get answers from the YellowPages.ca staff and other customers.

9 Photos for YellowPages.ca