YellowPages.ca

YellowPages.ca has a consumer rating of 1.1 stars from 273 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. YellowPages.ca also ranks 96th among Directories sites. The most common issues with YellowPages.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• This company has very bad business practices, they are rude and customer service is no help.
  • I asked him to send a contract and will review it.
How would you rate YellowPages.ca?

“Miracle Movers”

Melani G.
6/4/20

The entire process from start to finish was smooth and totally reassuring. I was extremely nervous about our move and the team - from the office to the movers themselves - helped me feel more confident that it would go well. And it did go well! My moving team was on time, fast and extremely cheerful, not hesitating with the large sofas we asked them to help us move on top of all our other items. Everything arrived without damage and was put exactly where we wanted it in our new home. Thank you!

“Worst company to deal with I've ever encountered. Subpar customer service at best.”

Joel L.
7/28/20

This is by far the worst customer experience I've ever had while in business. These guys deserve the ratings found here, believe me, I'm a very reasonable person but this company makes it very difficult to remain diplomatic on the phone. No written contract, just a yearly invoice and a manager which promised to fix the issue, which never happened. Save your time and effort and skip this company entirely.

customer service (38) contract (115) credit card (18) 3 months (14) business (141) business owner (13) 6 months (7) 1 year (14) 2 months (15) collection agency (6) business practices (10) 9 months (7)
joell235
July 28th, 2020
jacks955
May 7th, 2020
Yellow Pages threatened to sue us for 4000 dollars + legal fees for a contract we not only never signed(an ex-manager without authority did so) but renewed it for the past FOUR years he has been gone without our consent and never contacted us about payments even though they had the company number until they wanted to sue us.

Avoid this company at all costs. We are not the first ones, you can find more stories of this by googling it.
bruceh319
April 18th, 2020
Where does one start...... the contract? Theres a reason they have you sign one. Once you realize that their services are horrible, they use the contract as leverage. They will threaten to sue and use whatever measures they have to collect. This usually happens when you hire a credible seo company, and discover what can be done with your website to improve your position on the web. What they charge for the little they do, is outrageous. save your money!
jamess3113
May 5th, 2020
Where to start - even after my CC details changed somehow they still withdraw money. Contracts lock you in for one year and renew automatically renewing for one more year. Then when you try to cancel your contract they not only hassle you verbally but charge you for the remainder of your term.
They claimed they sent an email asking if I wanted to renew --- they did not. I would not have renewed!

these people are thieves and should be avoided at all costs
daniell644
February 3rd, 2020
I have retired after 40 years in business. I cancelled my ad over a year ago. They continued it. I called in October again to cancel, yet they still continued to bill me. They say it is automatic renewal, nonsense, I did not agree to this. The add was place without my consent. The absolute worst customer service. Funny no problem with Goldbook.
michaeln356
May 17th, 2019
I found that I got no business from my ad and after I closed my business, I could not close my account until my annual renewal date. I had understood it was monthly commitment. When I asked to speak to a manager, the call-taker refused.

So my payments over a year and four months bought me nothing. I had other sources of business, however, in the end I closed the business. When I attempted to close the account, I was told that I had to pay for it for another eight months. I just do not see this company as an outfit to do business with.
terric114
August 21st, 2018
Mycontact , Sam, was extremely excellent, orgaized and thorough with his knowledge of premium business ideals for smart phones! He was a huge help> He really bridged the gap in my knowledge base. He worked with what I am able to afford as well which was delightful because it let me get in on some new business. I know that when I can afford it I will pay more. The kindness and generosity will not be forgotten. The only glitch is that when I went to pay he said that they didn't accept direct debit. I have no credit cards and my response was to say "You don't accept money?". I am so confused. Apparently some people stopped paying when they were paying with cash/cheque. It's too bad because I am sure that the people that paid probably outweighed the people that did not and in this case one rotten apple spoiled the bunch. Now I can't join. I feel marginalized due to my financial situation and limited as well. There has to be a better way than this. I know that accountants can write off loss so I wonder what the truth is. Maybe someone is lazy and scared or they just have a bad accountant. Anyways. I will come back when I have the credit.
www.therhythmcenter.ca
johnnyw108
July 9th, 2020
horrible service. Have tried to get a free business listing on multiple occassions. They don't care unless you pay for their absolute horrible marketing scam. So frustrated.
nb234
July 12th, 2020
It doesn't matter if its their business portal in English or in French-it is plain lousy. Slower than molasses in winter would say my grandmother ! It makes it very difficult and irritating to consult or to pay a bill. Not impressed.
geraldh148
March 2nd, 2020
Remove auto renew because it's just a scam to benefit Yellow Pages not for the customer (Remove auto renew) (Remove auto renew) My overall rating is -3 worst being -5 not 1 just because the first 6 years was a + 2 last 8 years sucked very Bad owner of Just Blast It in Calgary
jamesl1194
January 16th, 2020
it rejects true feedback and manipulate the thing on their own favorite, not in the interest of general public that they serve.
rashvinders1
July 7th, 2020
They are such a big scammers who steal money out of small businesses pockets without giving them any results. Their sales department responds so efficiently that you believe they are great and quick respondents but when you have any issue then they are the worse company I dealt with so far. They promised enough client base to my business to cover my costs but I did not get even a single call through their page. Now I am struggling to get my money back from last 3 month but no one is responding. They even did not respond to BBB. I am planning to take a legal advise as I can not afford to pay them around $7,000 for three years to list my business on their page.
ronaldd280
May 16th, 2020
Yellow pages is cess pool of lies and poor business practice.You allow review on your website defamation without proof of allegations.
Mathew Poirier, Nicole Waters of Century 21 Neville realty are dishonest people .
pn134
June 14th, 2020
Never, Ever use YP! worst company. zero accountability, zero responsibility, zero customer service, lie about results of their marketing capabilities (which is approximately zero).
Never sign a contract with these crooks.
paulb1738
January 3rd, 2020
Tried to cancel service - forced me to pay for another year said we had not cancelled in time - bogus company and very poor customer service - watch out they will cheat you out of your money then threaten to sue you - but they dont listen to anything at all !!
dougk232
January 8th, 2020
I am a volunteer administrative board member of a non profit organization which offers help and support to individuals in trouble through a self help program. We are supported solely through volunteer contributions by our members and operate on a very limited budget. In February of 2018 we had recognized the futility of our "Yellow Pages" subscription and decided to cancel so that we could put our funds to better use. I was told we would have to pay until years end, and now they tell me our contract runs until the end of February 2020! The story continues to change, and they show no compassion or good will. Let your fingers do the walking away from these scammers!
sebastienb11
January 13th, 2020
I was very surprised at the end of our talk that they didn't even try to create a real contract out of it. Just a talk was enough for them. As it's enough for nobody and almost any normal situations. Even a grocery store gives more legitimacy to their dealings with you.

I tested them for a good month and saw that their ads were worthless, so I went to cancel it. A marketing company that gives no Return of Investments has to change things or will stop being employed. Their responses has always been towards me "$#*! you, pay me", to paraphrase. Oh right, once they also told me their inability to get me people in the door was my fault.

When using the same type of online ads by myself, I had good enough results. I figured a professional would be able to get me even more. But they are not able. actually I've never seen a worst marketer in any single way than YellowPage.

I ended up just stopping their ability to use my card and ended up paying a fee for it in exchange for a letter that basically said we're all good.

Any other company or business would have done better. Any one of them. I've never seen such an ineffective business, with such overwhelmingly worthless results, and probably the worst customer service I've experienced in my life. It felt like employing someone in my business who decided to do nothing at all all month, then tried to sue me to get paid for the whole year.

Whatever you do, don't deal with Yellow Page.

Tip for consumers: Just don't do it.

gregw466
April 17th, 2020
I didn't realize YellowPages has developed into a complete scam. Terrible service. I managed to finally cancel which was a task in itself and still haven't received my credit that I am entitled to. Please STAY AWAY!
mikem326
January 16th, 2016
I signed up with Yellow pages 6 months ago for my business as a mortgage brokerage. I was promised that I would see traffic and my investment would be very worthwhile. After 6 months I have not received any viable calls for business ( I have received calls from people trying to sell me something).

I asked to cancel my account twice and Yellow pages has said no, because I have a contract,and they say I'm obligated until the end of the contract. What about their obligation to me to deliver positive results?

I would NOT recommend anyone deal with Yellow pages as they appear to only want your money and really don't seem care if they deliver or not, or if you are an unhappy customer.
brianl721
February 28th, 2020
My experiences were the same as everyone else's. SCARY! I emailed everyone I could think of. BBB got thru to them and my contract was cancelled. Why has the powers that be let them get away with their practices.
wendys440
May 4th, 2020
I specifically asked if I could cancel at anytime, they said yes; didn't tell me I'd still be under contract for a year. They claimed they sent an email asking if I wanted to renew -No they did not. Trust me I would not renewed!
ginor26
April 30th, 2020
I have canceled my contract and they still renewed my contract
Then I told them again in 2018 December to cancel
My contract again
And they still put my contract on
I will take them to court for fraud practices
Many others online having the same problem
michaelm3457
November 26th, 2019
First signed up with Yellow Pages about 8 years ago. I retire and try to cancel.... what a hassle! They say my agreement auto-renewed and I owe them for 10 more months. I don't have an agreement with them but because they sent an email and one of my staff opened it, that's it hooked for another year???? Total BS and they can't legally hold someone liable for 8 years!
chriss2414
July 14th, 2020
Beware, anyone, that signs a contract with the yellow pages. They have a hidden clause in the terms and conditions called auto renew. If you do not give them 3 months notice to cancel the SEO work they autorenew you and you rate struck for a full year. DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH A THEIVING COMPANY LIKE THIS
jasonv4
March 19th, 2011
My issue with this page is that the owner of the ad JR's Mobile RV Service owns the website
www.jrsmobilervservice.com

But Yellowpages.ca has them linking to MY website J.R's Mobile Service at

www.jrsmobileservice.com

I called the owner, and informed them, I have also submitted errors with this page to yellowpages. BUT now such luck
anyone have any suggestions?

Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.

By YellowPages F., Manager - Customer Service