Review of YellowPages.ca

Tel: 1 877 909-9356
socialmedia@yp.ca

michaeln356
5/17/19

I found that I got no business from my ad and after I closed my business, I could not close my account until my annual renewal date. I had understood it was monthly commitment. When I asked to speak to a manager, the call-taker refused.

So my payments over a year and four months bought me nothing. I had other sources of business, however, in the end I closed the business. When I attempted to close the account, I was told that I had to pay for it for another eight months. I just do not see this company as an outfit to do business with.

patb370
5/7/19

I took over an apartment business but not continue the apartment. I've got lots of call asking for monthly rental, and overwhelm for summer worker rental but I didn't do it. I contact YP to delete the listing but instead they replace my contact phone to their obsolete business and phone number listing. Then ask me to pay if I need another update such as a business name or change of service detail. I wished I'd never contact them as no one that want to contact the apartment will reach me. Kept their obsolete non-existing number on the list. It's only annoying.

dusting27
5/6/19

It started out as 90 dollars a month by 2 months in it was 230 dollars a month I asked to shut the advertising off as I was not around to run my business for a few months and they said they couldnt. I asked if I could cancel it althogether and they said I had to wait 10 months. Made me and my business look bad and didnt bring any extra sales

corinnem24
4/25/19

I posted a bad review on company, which was approved. I went back to edit it then received a bot email stating the review is down because it is "clearly spam or contains duplicated content."

Well, it's hard to argue with an algorithm. Sent four emails. One email explaining I made only minor edits, and why. 3 others asking them to explain why my review was rejected. They have not bothered to reply. In my view, unprofessional, for sure. I'm quite disgusted.

samz37
4/24/19

they are the worst kind of people to deal with or to talk to. goooooooooooood i hate hem do your self's a favor keep your money in your pocket don't throw it in a garbage cann called YELLOWPAGES. This is coming from an over 12 years long good paying customer and they just did't care. this is a faceless bad company all you hear from them if you have a compliant yes sir i understand your frustrations and on and on and on for nothing. i just didn't work today because of them they got me so mad i couldn't stay t work i felt that they were making a fool out of me. You have to be a lawyer to be able to do business with this trash company. i really wanna write everything that happened but i couldn't because of the headache they made me.

juliab212
4/15/19

They are professional Liars, they tell you everything they said they would do for you to sign up with their non disclosure contract. I pay a lot of money to advertise but there is no results, they will not cancel our contract they just keep collecting our money. What a Scam! Dishonest and Downright EVIL company.

andrewd265
4/12/19

They gave false claims to service that only Google ad words can provide. They would not cancel my account. Never deal with Yellow pages as they will trap you in a contract that does absolutely nothing for your business. It's amazing that a high school student can be scammed and they just get away with it. Avoid them at all costs. If I could rate 0 stars I would

rebeccaa150
4/11/19

Yellowpages is a scam business!

They added my business to their online listing with my PERSONAL CELL phone number
listed. I continue to get autodial and marketing phone calls to my
personal number every day (Sometimes at 4 or 5 am in the morning!)

They did this without my consent to disclose my personal information. The
worst part is you cannot ask them to remove your listing, they make you
sign up for their bogus service in order to edit or remove your listing.

I am looking into whether this is a chargeable offense under
Canada's Anti-Spam regulations and will be reporting this highly
unscrupulous activity post haste.

phyllisa42
4/11/19

Tried to file a negative review on an AWFUL dealership, but this site made me join their services to post the review, yet they did NOT post the review.

melissah299
4/11/19

On top of paying ridiculous fees for a poorly functioning website, their customer service is absolutely appalling. Our customer service rep never gets back to our emails, which is the most effective way to get ahold of him. Once we were emailing about billing changes, and him not getting back to us ended up in $50 of late fees. (Tried to make the changes online, but the website wasn't working). I recently heard of people getting out of their contracts because of a class action law suit, so we called in to cancel. We were told that we would here back from a manager in 4-6 weeks to start the process IF our request was is approved. I asked about what would happen after that, if I should start preparations on a new site, etc. He gave me NO useful information, and said he could put a note on our request that we'd like to be called sooner. Wouldn't let me speak to a manager, another representative, request a call from somebody soonernothing. I'm so fed up with the terrible customer service, crazy fees and website that attracts 0 attention because it's not optimized for SEO or anything. I just want out so I can move on and not have this hindering my business.

phillipa72
4/10/19

Every representation YP's salesman made was false. Legitimate sales leads were about 2% of what was promised. When we tried calling phone numbers of those they said had responded to their advertising, almost everyone we reached had either never heard of DexYP and/or not heard of our business. Some we spoke with had driven by our business or heard of us from another source, but in looking up our number, apparently stumbled upon a site where YP was able to grab their number and claim it as a lead they had generated. YP's worthlessness would have put us out of business had we not figured out how to advertise on social media and promote the business ourselves. If someone offered to give us $500 to spend advertising with Yelp or Facebook or $50,000 to spend with YP, we would take the $500 and Yelp or Facebook. YP really is that pathetic. And to top everything off, when DexYP responds to other negative reviews, they give a number for the unhappy customer to call, explain their problem, and DexYP says they will make it right. But the line is always busy during business hours and at all other times you get a recorded message. I expect this is just another scam to fool people into thinking they are responding to customer complaints when they are actually doing nothing.

sama278
4/3/19

Big SCAM... do not book any Ads with the yellow pages...worst customer service EVER...never got any leads from their advertising. I have tried to cancel the service and they keep billing me saying that I'm locked in for a year... said I'm in a contract but I never spoke to anyone from their office... I'm not paying anymore bills and they're threatening to send my account to collections.

didiv
3/29/19

Firstly I never got one referral or phone call from this service. They totally fabricate their results claiming that hundreds of people have clicked on your add. Well when I told the rep my google analytics shows something different he never had anything to say. Now I get harassing phone calls and continue to get billed even though I canceled my contract 1.5 months before it ended. The worst advertising experience ever.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Didi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Over 8 million Canadians use YP.ca, the YP app and our print directories each month to find and connect with local businesses. Our team is always happy to optimize our clients' campaign to improve their ROI. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
westarm
3/26/19

I have never had such terrible service and been lied to from this company. I am not going to go into my whole experience but after years of loyalty to them they go and stab you in the back all for their benefit. Instead of trying to reach an reasonable agreement they have lost a customer for life and I will make sure that no one that I associate with will make that same mistake.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Westar, we are sorry to read about your experience. We would like to speak with you about this and have the opportunity to make things right. Please be assured that our customers' satisfaction is our #1 priority. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
kelsob
3/25/19

Absolutely atrocious service. We have tried to cancel unauthorized payments and they will not call. They claim an 'investigation' must be done before we can cancel and it will take 12 weeks to perform a cancellation investigation. Aside from the fact that I spent 44 minutes on hold to reach an incompetent agent who gave me the run around (Employee # 7006521) really pisses me off. They don't answer the phone when you call the toll free number and they are essentially a complete scam.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Kelso, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would like to apologize for the longer than usual wait times on our customer service line. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
jesses136
3/20/19

LIARS will make promises and go back on everything.... LIARS LIARS LIARS LIARS LIARS
after they lie to you they will bug you for money none stop

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Jesse, we are sorry to read about your experience. We would like to speak with you about this and have the opportunity to make things right. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
dawsonp4
3/20/19

Slick sales guy signed me up in August 2017 told me contract was for only 1 year, called in June 2018 to make sure contract was ending sales guy told me it was done.

Yellow Pages starts calling me in Sept 2018 at least once a week and haven't stopped as I got a new credit card and the old one expired, trying to get pay me to pay for a contract that they automatically renewed even though they said it was canceled.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Dawson, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
melissah294
3/18/19

They make a pretty website, but that's pretty much it. Horrible customer service, impossible to get through on the phone, and poorly functioning websites. Their fees are ridiculous for what you get, and you have to pay even more to have a remotely effective SEO for your website. I would NEVER suggest YP to anyone, and cannot wait to get out of my contract and move on. YP, if you let me out of contract, I might stop posting reviews.....

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Melissa, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would like to speak with you about this and have the opportunity to make things right. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
lr167
3/15/19

Ever since signing up with yellow pages I have had nothing but problems. Initially they had the wrong phone number listed. I had requested my logo to be added to my profile and it was never done. After one year with the service, I called to cancel and they convinced me to just down grade my service. I have seen no benefit from having a yellow pages account. Again I called to cancel it in February of this year but they told me that I was 15 days past my renewal date and that during my verbal agreement I agreed to their terms and conditions as stated on their website. Not only did they not agree to cancel my service, they increased my bill by over 40% without any warning of the increase.When I called to discuss the increase I called many times and waited for 2 hours without being connected to an agent. I did call today and reached an agent after 57 minutes of holding. I was told they would open a claim and that it was approximately an 8 week turn around on claims!! There is no benefit to your business with this company. Save yourself the headache. I wish I had read reviews prior to signing up with them.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
We are sorry to read about our experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience and how we can improve it. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
jimw345
3/14/19

Getting in is easy... you get an upsell call and decide to try out their deal that promises increased exposure... but as soon as you accept, you are screwed. The bills are much higher than promised, and you can't get out of it because you owe money. So you pay them so you can cancel... but when you try to cancel there's nobody answering any phones. And then surprise! You can't cancel because you owe money! There's nobody working at this scam center but sales slicksters and collection thugs. Just save yourself the trouble and flush your money down the toilet. Its better than spending hour after hour on hold before getting disconnected.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hello Jim, we are sorry to read about our experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience and how we can improve it. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
paulc714
3/11/19

Seems they lost credit card number....now looking to get it again. But sending receipts from time to time? No charges on card?? Aggressive sales.....slick over selling scam to dramatically boost charges/fees at sign up. Nothing good to be said about YP from me .....poor deal all around

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Paul, we are sorry to read about your experience. We would like to speak with you about this and have the opportunity to make things right. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
michaelm2105
3/8/19

It does not matter which of many 'phone numbers one calls, they are al experiencing a higher than normal level of calls. Bull$#*!!
Call a payment line and you get someone, ask to make changes to advertising, and you go on hold for ever.
This is crap. Bad company to deal with.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Michael, we are very proud of our mission to help Canadian SBMs grow, and we are sorry to read about your negative experience. While we have indeed been experiencing a higher than normal level of calls recently, our team is always happy to help. We would like to discuss this further with you and make the changes you need to your advertising campaign. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
carlyd10
3/7/19

We have been trying to cancel our service for the last year & a
half. And every year when the renewal comes around I tell them over the
phone I want to cancel. They are super aggressive and rude,
telling me I'm basically an idiot for cancelling. I told them point
blank, CANCEL OUR SERVICE! They gave me an end date, April 1st, 2018. I
asked for something in writing and they told me they don't do that but
the service would be cancelled. April 2, I called, took forever to speak
to someone & they told me my service was auto-renewed. No way to
get out of it due to the fine print and we have to pay another year. 2019
has rolled around, same thing: CANCEL OUR SERVICE. Again, my rep has
horribly rude & aggressive. "Are you not the marketing manager? Do
you not make marketing decisions? Do you understand how ridiculous it is
to cancel this service?" I told him I didn't want to argue with him
just cancel my service IN WRITING. He said he would "send" something and
hung up the phone. I've called back to get a definitive answer if our
service has been cancelled and every person I talk to gives me the run
around.Bottom Line: IF YOU ARE A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER, DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THE YELLOW PAGES!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Carly, we are terribly sorry to read about your experience. We would like to speak with you about this and have the opportunity to make things right. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
yasmins12
3/4/19

For 10 months, I have been sending emails, calling, trying to get somebody to look after my account and never happened.
They just want, I pay them a huge amount for a service I have never gotten.
They always promise, someone will contact you and they never do.
By email, they never respond.
Huge Liars!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Yasmin, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We are sorry to read you are not satisfied with your campaign results. Our team is always happy to optimize our clients' campaign to improve their ROI. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further? Thank you.
leandras4
3/2/19

I've been down this road twice with yellow pages and their sales reps
claim that they have a ridiculous amount of traffic being referred but
my google
analytics and my client forms asking how you heard of us say the
opposite. The kick in the pants is that I called in and ended my
contract and they keep billing me. I called in again never got anyone,
emailed and they still keep billing. I had to eventually call visa.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Leandra, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

By YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative

They also posted my personal information to their site without permission. I recommend reporting them to Canada's Anti-spam regulatory body. You can report them here: https://www.fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/frm-eng/MMCN-9EZV6S

By Rebecca A.

My son in high school was harassed by a telemarketer and said no. He created an IT website in HS for a class.Two months later I got an invoice for $57 month. I told them my son has a Communication Learning Disability, a Medical Disability and is being treated for PTSD. They refused to help. I will go to BBB and ask my lawyer. My son should have hung up but they coerced him and he was too young and naive to know better. Shame on them!!

By Jennifer D.

Questions? Get answers from the YellowPages.ca staff and other customers.

9 Photos for YellowPages.ca