YellowPages.ca

YellowPages.ca has a consumer rating of 1.46 stars from 291 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about YellowPages.ca most frequently mention customer service, year contract and credit card problems. YellowPages.ca ranks 94th among Directories sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 6.8%

No positive highlights yet

• The customer service argue that they did their job that's it and I have to pay.
  • They said it will be monthly payments, I never provided my credit card number.
How would you rate YellowPages.ca?

“Miracle Movers”

Melani G.
6/4/20

The entire process from start to finish was smooth and totally reassuring. I was extremely nervous about our move and the team - from the office to the movers themselves - helped me feel more confident that it would go well. And it did go well! My moving team was on time, fast and extremely cheerful, not hesitating with the large sofas we asked them to help us move on top of all our other items. Everything arrived without damage and was put exactly where we wanted it in our new home. Thank you!

“STAY FAR AWAY”

Liana S.
9/2/20

Not 1 sale from YP over 6 months. They refuse to cancel subscription so they will continue to withdrawal $142/month from my account. No compassion for small home based businesses trying to stay above water even during the financial strains of life today. As long as they bring in the money who cares about the little guy. Worst decision ever.

customer service (40) credit card (20) year contract (19) business owner (13)
lianas13
September 2nd, 2020
joell235
July 28th, 2020
This is by far the worst customer experience I've ever had while in business. These guys deserve the ratings found here, believe me, I'm a very reasonable person but this company makes it very difficult to remain diplomatic on the phone. No written contract, just a yearly invoice and a manager which promised to fix the issue, which never happened. Save your time and effort and skip this company entirely.
jacks955
May 7th, 2020
Yellow Pages threatened to sue us for 4000 dollars + legal fees for a contract we not only never signed(an ex-manager without authority did so) but renewed it for the past FOUR years he has been gone without our consent and never contacted us about payments even though they had the company number until they wanted to sue us.

Avoid this company at all costs. We are not the first ones, you can find more stories of this by googling it.
bruceh319
April 18th, 2020
Where does one start... the contract? Theres a reason they have you sign one. Once you realize that their services are horrible, they use the contract as leverage. They will threaten to sue and use whatever measures they have to collect. This usually happens when you hire a credible seo company, and discover what can be done with your website to improve your position on the web. What they charge for the little they do, is outrageous. Save your money!
andrewd872
September 8th, 2020
Do not even think about it.
I hope Yellow Pages is a thing of the past and go bankrupt from all their bullsh! T.
These guys rig stats both before and after you sign up.
Anyone working for these guys should have a bad conscience. What a crooked business.

You're locked in a contract no matter what you try to do, with next to NO leads because NO ONE cares or gives a $#*! about Yellow bull$#*! Pages.

95$ a month for bs, and they'll keep billing you with no way of getting out of the contract if you don't pay up.

Lesson learned, don't make the same mistake.

- AD
jamess3113
May 5th, 2020
Where to start - even after my CC details changed somehow they still withdraw money. Contracts lock you in for one year and renew automatically renewing for one more year. Then when you try to cancel your contract they not only hassle you verbally but charge you for the remainder of your term.
They claimed they sent an email asking if I wanted to renew --- they did not. I would not have renewed!

These people are thieves and should be avoided at all costs
barbt41
October 1st, 2020
Due to the pandemic the travel industry has been hit hard. Called to cancel and they say there was an email sent out to auto renew for the year. I did not receive the email. They will not let me cancel without a 3 month penalty. All they kept saying was that this was the only option and this is their way of helping. I have no problem with a 30 day cancellation but 3 months is way too much. When things pick up I will be finding another way to advertise.
daniell644
February 3rd, 2020
I have retired after 40 years in business. I cancelled my ad over a year ago. They continued it. I called in October again to cancel, yet they still continued to bill me. They say it is automatic renewal, nonsense, I did not agree to this. The add was place without my consent. The absolute worst customer service. Funny no problem with Goldbook.
bruceh406
September 10th, 2020
Fear uncertainty and doubt is their tactics. Terrible customer service. Watch out for the contract, after you realize you've been had, and it doesn't perform, generate business or increase your exposure on the net, no way of getting out of it. Check out the better business bureau. They will worn you of their shady business practices. Save your money and use a good it company to manage your analytics and business on the internet. Wpulfd give less then one star but have to to get review posted.
johnnyw108
July 9th, 2020
Horrible service. Have tried to get a free business listing on multiple occassions. They don't care unless you pay for their absolute horrible marketing scam. So frustrated.
tomd634
October 16th, 2020
Reverse phone search only lets one know that other people are receiving calls from that number then you are asked to write a review. It does offer a search of cell numbers for a price, please be careful with that, the free trial need to be terminated or they will extract money using the information supplied by yourself.
nb234
July 12th, 2020
It doesn't matter if its their business portal in English or in French-it is plain lousy. Slower than molasses in winter would say my grandmother! It makes it very difficult and irritating to consult or to pay a bill. Not impressed.
nelsonc93
August 27th, 2020
Be aware customers, they said my adv is on Google when it never has been posted I requested to opt. Still sends me invoices and do not return calls or emails. Do not waste your money.
Very frustrating dealing with this company
geraldh148
March 2nd, 2020
Remove auto renew because it's just a scam to benefit Yellow Pages not for the customer (Remove auto renew) (Remove auto renew) My overall rating is -3 worst being -5 not 1 just because the first 6 years was a + 2 last 8 years sucked very Bad owner of Just Blast It in Calgary
cassyp5
November 25th, 2020
I would never recommend such an evil company called yellow pages. During your training you are sold a dream saying that everything will be fine, that you are not saving lives etc... but that you have to provide impeccable customer service. But the reality is, they are only bent on selling instead of providing exceptional service. By teleworking, I can say that we leave you to yourself and often reproach you for minor offenses. Their platform generally works every other day, their equipment is as dysfunctional as the management of the company. They operate by trial and error constantly and hope that one day they will have an exemplary operating model. They are cramming for 7 weeks and demand that when you come out of training you become an expert as if you have been working for the company for 10 years. Stressful environment to the MAX! I do not recommend anyone to consider a position in this company. They don't value their new hire. They prey on new hire when making mistakes in order to fire them before they can be unionize.
gregc477
October 26th, 2020
Yellow pages was the worst advertising you could possibly get. If we could give 0/5 we would, not even joking.

Customer service is terrible, they hide important information in the contract so read that carefully, or listen over the phone carefully and ask questions and them to repeat it... but just don't go with yellow pages and save yourself from all of this. For example, they mumbled over the phone that our rate per month in locked in so had resign for another year 3 months in at a new rate, which they said we're lucky they even did that and above all this... all the calls we got was from other advertisers. Worst decision our business ever made but biggest relief getting rid of them. Hope this helps someone out there.

Best advertisement is truck or car graphics we have found at a way lower cost. Take care

Genuine Electric Inc.
melanig
June 4th, 2020
jamesl1194
January 16th, 2020
It rejects true feedback and manipulate the thing on their own favorite, not in the interest of general public that they serve.
rashvinders1
July 7th, 2020
They are such a big scammers who steal money out of small businesses pockets without giving them any results. Their sales department responds so efficiently that you believe they are great and quick respondents but when you have any issue then they are the worse company I dealt with so far. They promised enough client base to my business to cover my costs but I did not get even a single call through their page. Now I am struggling to get my money back from last 3 month but no one is responding. They even did not respond to BBB. I am planning to take a legal advise as I can not afford to pay them around $7,000 for three years to list my business on their page.
ronaldd280
May 16th, 2020
Yellow pages is cess pool of lies and poor business practice. You allow review on your website defamation without proof of allegations.
Mathew Poirier, Nicole Waters of Century 21 Neville realty are dishonest people.
jonie5
November 23rd, 2020
We do not typically write reviews or even use social media. An exception is being made today as we look out at the Toronto snow during lockdown and lament that in Toronto we close our pool every year at Canadian Thanksgiving. Danny, owner of Avenue Rd Pool maintenance has looked after us in this regard for over two decades. He is that rare combination of reliability, honesty, experience and expertise. When he calls in the spring to set up the pool, it brings great smiles to the whole family. May spring of 2021 bring many smiles!
pn134
June 14th, 2020
Never, Ever use YP! Worst company. Zero accountability, zero responsibility, zero customer service, lie about results of their marketing capabilities (which is approximately zero).
Never sign a contract with these crooks.
paulb1738
January 3rd, 2020
Tried to cancel service - forced me to pay for another year said we had not cancelled in time - bogus company and very poor customer service - watch out they will cheat you out of your money then threaten to sue you - but they dont listen to anything at all!
dougk232
January 8th, 2020
I am a volunteer administrative board member of a non profit organization which offers help and support to individuals in trouble through a self help program. We are supported solely through volunteer contributions by our members and operate on a very limited budget. In February of 2018 we had recognized the futility of our "Yellow Pages" subscription and decided to cancel so that we could put our funds to better use. I was told we would have to pay until years end, and now they tell me our contract runs until the end of February 2020! The story continues to change, and they show no compassion or good will. Let your fingers do the walking away from these scammers!
sebastienb11
January 13th, 2020
I was very surprised at the end of our talk that they didn't even try to create a real contract out of it. Just a talk was enough for them. As it's enough for nobody and almost any normal situations. Even a grocery store gives more legitimacy to their dealings with you.

I tested them for a good month and saw that their ads were worthless, so I went to cancel it. A marketing company that gives no Return of Investments has to change things or will stop being employed. Their responses has always been towards me "$#*! you, pay me", to paraphrase. Oh right, once they also told me their inability to get me people in the door was my fault.

When using the same type of online ads by myself, I had good enough results. I figured a professional would be able to get me even more. But they are not able. Actually I've never seen a worst marketer in any single way than YellowPage.

I ended up just stopping their ability to use my card and ended up paying a fee for it in exchange for a letter that basically said we're all good.

Any other company or business would have done better. Any one of them. I've never seen such an ineffective business, with such overwhelmingly worthless results, and probably the worst customer service I've experienced in my life. It felt like employing someone in my business who decided to do nothing at all all month, then tried to sue me to get paid for the whole year.

Whatever you do, don't deal with Yellow Page.

Tip for consumers: Just don't do it.

Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.

By YellowPages F., Manager - Customer Service