Review of YellowPages.ca

Tel: 1 877 909-9356
socialmedia@yp.ca

kenand6
8/19/19

I just called to correct my business numbers were printed with wrong addresses. They don't even have control of what book they print. The person said that I should call the local phone company. We do not use land line and wireless phones for business already have our correct information. So don't waste your money for advertisement on yellow pages. They act like they don't care about their errors.

jerryw238
8/15/19

I would give them less than1star if I could.
Customer service is not helpful at all.You can never talk to anyone unless you leave voice messages for days. They have not helped my business at all. All they are is a money grab. They have not sent me a bill for 6 months then expect me to come up with the amount of $6,000.00 to pay them.
No wonder yellow pages is going under.

markl768
8/13/19

READ THIS BEFORE ADVERTISING:
It started with a customer replying to our ad through their messaging system. We got the message: we just couldn't reply. This happened several times, and was reported each time. They told me it would take up to 24 hours, each time. Last time it took several days. We had no way to reply to requests for quotes. We looked very bad. Telling a customer you are sorry for calling back days later, and then saying the delay was because of yellow pages? Not sounding good right? They really, honestly, dont care. We are known for quick replies. Now all of the positive reviews are out the window because I have no intention of allowing Yellow Pages to keep impacting my business negatively. I asked for help. They cant even bother responding to 2 emails I have sent. I am getting my invoices from them regularly: that you can count on.

Mark , Affordable Cleaning Services, New Brunwick Canada
Directormarketingma@gmail.com

trevork66
8/6/19

My company has been using Yellow Pages for two years now and every year they get worse. I paid them to build me a website, they did not optimize it. Better yet they told me it would be an addition cost to optimize it even though I am still paying a monthly website management and service fee. They also like to randomly increase pricing due to "inflation". Twice this year I have had random "extra's" billed to me, when you call the customer service to get an explanation they are incapable of giving you one and when you ask for a manager they are always conveniently "gone for the day". Most recently I found my bill was $140 plus change over the usual amount and when I called to ask why they told me it was the new billing system charging me to make up for a discount I got back in October 2018. Of course the manager yet again had left the building.

fatimap8
8/2/19

They try and sell you something you don't buy then they harass you and say you bought it send you late notifications. Terrible way for this once proud business to go down.

melissad419
7/22/19

I wanted to cancel as my listing was not what I wanted in the first place. Their google ranking is awful, there is not point NO ONE will find you on yellow pages . They will fill your head with lies, they are good at sales to get you hooked and that is it.

They AUTO renewed you without property disclosing anything . I refuse to pay past the point I wanted to cancel and they call me daily, to the point of harassment !!!!

SONIA never returns emails so unprofessional. SHARE the word I do a networking group and so many people have had the same experience. They uses to be good 10 years ago, They should go back to printing phone-books. Call Google Ad Words instead that is worth the money !

antigonis
7/19/19

I have a small business and they run my site for me. It's okay, nothing super special. But every time I need to make a change on my menus, I send in the PDF and often I need to speak with 2- 3 different people to get them to do an update as no one seems to know how to do it. Also every time they say the update will be completed in 2-3 days it takes WEEKS. I even have a reference numbers, but when I call to confirm why it wasn't completed in the time they specified they never have an answer and I need to go through the whole process a second time until I can finally have the changes completed.

Very inefficient and, I find that the people on the customer service line need a bit more training with how they manage customers, what products they provide and what types of promises they give.

elissab15
7/18/19

They trick you into contracts with fine print, increase prices without warning, and make it impossible to back out of once you are trapped.
Don't fall for it.

ss514
7/17/19

Just do yourself a favour. Check BBB about this company before you say *yes* or *okey* over a phone with them ....otherwise you will end up with auto-renew every 12 months contract payment .....
I wish was -5 here !!!

elyciat
7/4/19

My husband and I owned and operated a small business in 2015-2017. We contacted Yellow Pages to inquire about their services and somehow got locked into a 1 year verbally agreed contract which could not be cancelled until we paid out the full year. We didn't find any of this out until after we received the first bill and called and attempted to cancel. Which after the first cancellation request, they told us they would cancel. However, when we got a second bill the next month and called again, that's when they told us it can't be cancelled until we've paid the bills and even then we'd have to fulfill the full year's 'agreement'. We refused to pay since they hadn't been honest with us and hadn't even provided any services. They continued harassing and billing us even after we closed our business and moved. Then, last year they sent us a new letter threatening to take legal action if we didn't pay within so many days. We attempted to contact them several times about this but gave up when no one would answer or return our calls or emails. It didn't stop them from continually billing us though! Then today (4/7/19) they had their lawyer from CLT call and give us an ultimatum: We had until 3pm eastern time to pay $5298.15 as their settlement offering otherwise they'd sue us for over $10,000. We weighed the pros and cons and concluded not to take further risks by fighting and therefore paid the money. We asked for a written agreement and/or recording of the phone call confirming full release of any obligations to YP if we made the payment (prior to) but they refused to send anything until after the payment was made and on the following day (So we made our own recording). We'll see if they come through with it tomorrow. This entire business practice is outrageous and extortion at it's best. We want our money back and for this company to be shut down permanently.

renep48
6/26/19

Absolutely SICKENING company, ruthless, rude, barbaric business behaviour!!!
The worst of the century. Don't even waste $1.00 of your hard earned money with
these bastard scammers. Their representation will plummet and shatter to pieces.

jessical576
6/26/19

The yellow pages company is the absolute worst I have ever dealt with. At the time of starting my company I thought it would be a great tool to try out for advertising. 9 months later they hadn't really done anything for me and when I had a concern and needed to contact them I waited on hold on the phone for over an hour (learn from my mistake and use email because they are now going back and telling me phone conversations I had with them never happened). Ok so 9 months into my contract (January 2018) I am ready to cancel and I know I have to let them know 3 months in advance (which is also bullcrap if you ask me), I contact them via email to keep my paper trail and begin the cancellation process, they continue to send me bills in the mail and every time I contact them to have the bills stopped they tell me that they will charge me then reimburse my bill have it total 0$ which is where my account should sit.

After months and months of calling and emailing with one of the manager Kalvin L and he assured me time and time again that the contract for 2018 was wrongfully opened on their end and as of May 2019 all the bills would stop and the contracts would be done. Now that it is June 2019 and I DID RECEIVE a bill for May of 2019 I am back to arguing with him that I still owe money from 2018 (a year that I did not even have a contract with YP).

Please please please do not ever sign a contract with YELLOW PAGES they are complete scam artists and will never let your contract end regardless of what you do, who you talk to, what you pay, you will continue to receive bills from them.

gg132
6/6/19

You signed a contract that says you need to cancel your service 3 months before the renewal date. They certainly don't make it clear and then you need to remember to do it. They will be happy to renew a brand new 1 year contract and have you on the hook for the next year if you forget. They don't call to see if you want to continue, or if you are happy with the service you're receiving....They just want you to keep paying. You'll get nowhere by calling in about it other than making this the last contract when it expires.

bh123
5/31/19

You can sign a contract to start advertising... BUT THEY WILL NEVER LET YOU LEAVE...
Just play Hotel California while you try and deal with this BS company...
They have every BS excuse as to why you owe them money and you can't end your agreement... Why they are able to continually SCAM people with their fraudulent practices is beyond me...

paulp436
5/29/19

One of the most unorganized and unreliable corporations I have ever encountered. No customer service no support, basically there is no one to talk to.

alvink23
5/25/19

I requested copies of Yellow pages and white pages and was promised delivery twice but they were never delivered. When I complained about the failure to deliver I was told that they had been delivered in my neighbourhood previously in the spring. Strange; none of my neighbours received them either. I miss the ease of use these books provided as I am a senior and the online YP do not show many ads that businesses spend tens of thousands of dollars on for advertising. Businesses are being ripped off by YP as are consumers whom they continually refuse to deliver the book.

The extremely poor service and apparent lies about past and future deliveries do not even warrant a one star rating and my rating would actually be Zero stars. Do not trust this company.

michaeln356
5/17/19

I found that I got no business from my ad and after I closed my business, I could not close my account until my annual renewal date. I had understood it was monthly commitment. When I asked to speak to a manager, the call-taker refused.

So my payments over a year and four months bought me nothing. I had other sources of business, however, in the end I closed the business. When I attempted to close the account, I was told that I had to pay for it for another eight months. I just do not see this company as an outfit to do business with.

patb370
5/7/19

I took over an apartment business but not continue the apartment. I've got lots of call asking for monthly rental, and overwhelm for summer worker rental but I didn't do it. I contact YP to delete the listing but instead they replace my contact phone to their obsolete business and phone number listing. Then ask me to pay if I need another update such as a business name or change of service detail. I wished I'd never contact them as no one that want to contact the apartment will reach me. Kept their obsolete non-existing number on the list. It's only annoying.

dusting27
5/6/19

It started out as 90 dollars a month by 2 months in it was 230 dollars a month I asked to shut the advertising off as I was not around to run my business for a few months and they said they couldnt. I asked if I could cancel it althogether and they said I had to wait 10 months. Made me and my business look bad and didnt bring any extra sales

corinnem24
4/25/19

I posted a bad review on company, which was approved. I went back to edit it then received a bot email stating the review is down because it is "clearly spam or contains duplicated content."

Well, it's hard to argue with an algorithm. Sent four emails. One email explaining I made only minor edits, and why. 3 others asking them to explain why my review was rejected. They have not bothered to reply. In my view, unprofessional, for sure. I'm quite disgusted.

samz37
4/24/19

they are the worst kind of people to deal with or to talk to. goooooooooooood i hate hem do your self's a favor keep your money in your pocket don't throw it in a garbage cann called YELLOWPAGES. This is coming from an over 12 years long good paying customer and they just did't care. this is a faceless bad company all you hear from them if you have a compliant yes sir i understand your frustrations and on and on and on for nothing. i just didn't work today because of them they got me so mad i couldn't stay t work i felt that they were making a fool out of me. You have to be a lawyer to be able to do business with this trash company. i really wanna write everything that happened but i couldn't because of the headache they made me.

juliab212
4/15/19

They are professional Liars, they tell you everything they said they would do for you to sign up with their non disclosure contract. I pay a lot of money to advertise but there is no results, they will not cancel our contract they just keep collecting our money. What a Scam! Dishonest and Downright EVIL company.

andrewd265
4/12/19

They gave false claims to service that only Google ad words can provide. They would not cancel my account. Never deal with Yellow pages as they will trap you in a contract that does absolutely nothing for your business. It's amazing that a high school student can be scammed and they just get away with it. Avoid them at all costs. If I could rate 0 stars I would

rebeccaa150
4/11/19

Yellowpages is a scam business!

They added my business to their online listing with my PERSONAL CELL phone number
listed. I continue to get autodial and marketing phone calls to my
personal number every day (Sometimes at 4 or 5 am in the morning!)

They did this without my consent to disclose my personal information. The
worst part is you cannot ask them to remove your listing, they make you
sign up for their bogus service in order to edit or remove your listing.

I am looking into whether this is a chargeable offense under
Canada's Anti-Spam regulations and will be reporting this highly
unscrupulous activity post haste.

phyllisa42
4/11/19

Tried to file a negative review on an AWFUL dealership, but this site made me join their services to post the review, yet they did NOT post the review.

Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.

By YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative

They also posted my personal information to their site without permission. I recommend reporting them to Canada's Anti-spam regulatory body. You can report them here: https://www.fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/frm-eng/MMCN-9EZV6S

By Rebecca A.

My son in high school was harassed by a telemarketer and said no. He created an IT website in HS for a class.Two months later I got an invoice for $57 month. I told them my son has a Communication Learning Disability, a Medical Disability and is being treated for PTSD. They refused to help. I will go to BBB and ask my lawyer. My son should have hung up but they coerced him and he was too young and naive to know better. Shame on them!!

By Jennifer D.

Questions? Get answers from the YellowPages.ca staff and other customers.

9 Photos for YellowPages.ca