YellowPages.ca

YellowPages.ca has a consumer rating of 1.03 stars from 310 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about YellowPages.ca most frequently mention customer service, credit card and year contract problems. YellowPages.ca ranks 99th among Directories sites.

No positive highlights yet

• The customer service argue that they did their job that's it and I have to pay.
  • They charge your credit card every month regardless of you dissatisfaction.
How would you rate YellowPages.ca?

“Not 100% horrible.”

Sam L.
5/6/17

I've had a successful campaign with Yellow Pages and it only happened because I understood what results I'll be receiving. Customer service can be improved drastically but definitely NOT one star. The company wouldn't exist on the first page of Google if their products didn't work.

“Lied and taken from”

Edward L.
2/22/21

As a business I wish to increase my online presence and felt the need to go through yellow pages. Unfortunately they've lied with termination where after 1.5 months and if I was unsatisfied, I was able to terminate my contract over the call. No transactions have progressed on my end as the business through yellow pages. I would not recommend using this services and spend it through social media is a way better and organic way to get your business driving.

customer service (45) credit card (23) year contract (19) business owner (14)
edwardl414
February 22nd, 2021
Verified purchase

braydonh2
April 22nd, 2021

Yellow pages has been nothing short of a nightmare, we have had them to do our email and made a website for us. email rarely works, website looks like a child made it and they also have the absolute worst customer service out there... good luck trying to understand or have what your saying understood. I think 98% of their customer service people dont even understand english. Just absolutely terrible in every single way. I would do the best i could to stay away from this horrible company and horrible customer service.

Tip for consumers:
just cancel everything from these dip$#*!s, it will save many headaches and tons of down time!!!! terrible provider

terric114
August 21st, 2018

Mycontact, Sam, was extremely excellent, orgaized and thorough with his knowledge of premium business ideals for smart phones! He was a huge help> He really bridged the gap in my knowledge base. He worked with what I am able to afford as well which was delightful because it let me get in on some new business. I know that when I can afford it I will pay more. The kindness and generosity will not be forgotten. The only glitch is that when I went to pay he said that they didn't accept direct debit. I have no credit cards and my response was to say "You don't accept money?". I am so confused. Apparently some people stopped paying when they were paying with cash/cheque. It's too bad because I am sure that the people that paid probably outweighed the people that did not and in this case one rotten apple spoiled the bunch. Now I can't join. I feel marginalized due to my financial situation and limited as well. There has to be a better way than this. I know that accountants can write off loss so I wonder what the truth is. Maybe someone is lazy and scared or they just have a bad accountant. Anyways. I will come back when I have the credit.
www.therhythmcenter.ca

lianas13
September 2nd, 2020

Not 1 sale from YP over 6 months. They refuse to cancel subscription so they will continue to withdrawal $142/month from my account. No compassion for small home based businesses trying to stay above water even during the financial strains of life today. As long as they bring in the money who cares about the little guy. Worst decision ever.

joell235
July 28th, 2020

This is by far the worst customer experience I've ever had while in business. These guys deserve the ratings found here, believe me, I'm a very reasonable person but this company makes it very difficult to remain diplomatic on the phone. No written contract, just a yearly invoice and a manager which promised to fix the issue, which never happened. Save your time and effort and skip this company entirely.

jacks955
May 7th, 2020

Yellow Pages threatened to sue us for 4000 dollars + legal fees for a contract we not only never signed(an ex-manager without authority did so) but renewed it for the past FOUR years he has been gone without our consent and never contacted us about payments even though they had the company number until they wanted to sue us.

Avoid this company at all costs. We are not the first ones, you can find more stories of this by googling it.

privatec9
March 17th, 2021

They will remove your business review to favor the business upon some bogus reason. Stay away from them and do not spend your money on any of their products or services.

Tip for consumers:
Leaving 1 star reviews on their website about a business will get them to reject it to protect the business. This company is in pockets of the global businesses.

Products used:
Website

bruceh319
April 18th, 2020

Where does one start... the contract? Theres a reason they have you sign one. Once you realize that their services are horrible, they use the contract as leverage. They will threaten to sue and use whatever measures they have to collect. This usually happens when you hire a credible seo company, and discover what can be done with your website to improve your position on the web. What they charge for the little they do, is outrageous. Save your money!

alexk662
June 21st, 2021

I subscribed for 2 months and got nothing to show for the 200 a month I was paying so I called to cancel my subscription. Next month they still charged me. So I called to cancel my subscription and they told me I had to pay the balance (there was no reason there should be a balance) then they said I will never hear from them again and guess what they stilled charge me 200 dollars. So I stopped paying and now the collection agency says I owe them money. But in reality they owe me close to 800 dollars. Yellow pages either sucks at their job or its a total scam.

Tip for consumers:
Yellow pages is a scam so just don't contact them

andrewd872
September 8th, 2020

Do not even think about it.
I hope Yellow Pages is a thing of the past and go bankrupt from all their bullsh! T.
These guys rig stats both before and after you sign up.
Anyone working for these guys should have a bad conscience. What a crooked business.

You're locked in a contract no matter what you try to do, with next to NO leads because NO ONE cares or gives a $#*! about Yellow bull$#*! Pages.

95$ a month for bs, and they'll keep billing you with no way of getting out of the contract if you don't pay up.

Lesson learned, don't make the same mistake.

- AD

annac1059
July 9th, 2021

Yellow Pages charged us for over 6 years of an ad on their site with a wrong business name - so we didn't even showing up on search. We didn't know until I searched on yp.ca and don't find our ad. When I confront to them, the answer was they not responsible for their mistake (they set up the ad). So when I wanted to cancel the service, they said there is a contract for auto renew (which I don't aware of) so they will charge for another 3 months.
ya.ca has terrible service, very unreliable, don't get any result. We won't recommend for any one.

Tip for consumers:
Yellow Pages charged us for over 6 years of an ad on their site with a wrong business name - so we didn't even showing up on search. We didn't know until I searched on yp.ca and don't find our ad. when I confront to them, the answer was they not responsible for their mistake (they set up the ad). So when I wanted to cancel the service, they said there is a contract for auto renew (which I don't aware of) so they will charge for another 3 months.
ya.ca has terrible service, very unreliable, don

jamess3113
May 5th, 2020

Where to start - even after my CC details changed somehow they still withdraw money. Contracts lock you in for one year and renew automatically renewing for one more year. Then when you try to cancel your contract they not only hassle you verbally but charge you for the remainder of your term.
They claimed they sent an email asking if I wanted to renew --- they did not. I would not have renewed!

These people are thieves and should be avoided at all costs

chadt123
May 6th, 2021

Don't waste your time these people are stunned.

Listed my business with incorrect name for weeks, the digital marketing campaign was left 64% complete... I paid 100%!

They should just give up and accept failure instead of ripping others off with their sht services

I manage my own google my business yet I still pay them to not Manage my gmb wasted money shame on me

Tip for consumers:
Digital marketing plan is useless. They list your business info on a bunch of garbage sites nobody visits, them the scammers start calling

annev96
December 23rd, 2020

They call themselves 'Leading Canadian digital company' but I tried multiple times on their website to get a digital bill with no success. Sent them a written request with my bill payment to cancel the service back in September no response. Then after a few phone calls in which I was cut off, they tell me I can't cancel because 'the book' is published. We are in Northern Alberta and have not recieved 'the book' for years, if there even is one. They are pretending that their service is mainly 'the book' when you try to cancel, then why call yourself 'Leading Canadian digital company'

barbt41
October 1st, 2020

Due to the pandemic the travel industry has been hit hard. Called to cancel and they say there was an email sent out to auto renew for the year. I did not receive the email. They will not let me cancel without a 3 month penalty. All they kept saying was that this was the only option and this is their way of helping. I have no problem with a 30 day cancellation but 3 months is way too much. When things pick up I will be finding another way to advertise.

joej500
May 31st, 2021

Useless Piece of $#*! company. Scam, fake reviews, run by crooks.
Runs small businesses to the ground
Corporate Greed

STAY AWAY FROM THESE RAT SCUMS

daniell644
February 3rd, 2020

I have retired after 40 years in business. I cancelled my ad over a year ago. They continued it. I called in October again to cancel, yet they still continued to bill me. They say it is automatic renewal, nonsense, I did not agree to this. The add was place without my consent. The absolute worst customer service. Funny no problem with Goldbook.

bruceh406
September 10th, 2020

Fear uncertainty and doubt is their tactics. Terrible customer service. Watch out for the contract, after you realize you've been had, and it doesn't perform, generate business or increase your exposure on the net, no way of getting out of it. Check out the better business bureau. They will worn you of their shady business practices. Save your money and use a good it company to manage your analytics and business on the internet. Wpulfd give less then one star but have to to get review posted.

johnnyw108
July 9th, 2020

Horrible service. Have tried to get a free business listing on multiple occassions. They don't care unless you pay for their absolute horrible marketing scam. So frustrated.

marionj59
May 6th, 2021

Yellow Pages has been sending Bills under a cancelled account. They do not return e-mails, including the management contact, previously given. I have been trying to resolve this for 5 months -- no answer just more bills to a previous business, through Bell. Bell refuses to cancel the auto charges and says you have to do it through Yellow Pages, but Yellow Pages will not respond.

tomd634
October 16th, 2020

Reverse phone search only lets one know that other people are receiving calls from that number then you are asked to write a review. It does offer a search of cell numbers for a price, please be careful with that, the free trial need to be terminated or they will extract money using the information supplied by yourself.

nb234
July 12th, 2020

It doesn't matter if its their business portal in English or in French-it is plain lousy. Slower than molasses in winter would say my grandmother! It makes it very difficult and irritating to consult or to pay a bill. Not impressed.

nelsonc93
August 27th, 2020

Be aware customers, they said my adv is on Google when it never has been posted I requested to opt. Still sends me invoices and do not return calls or emails. Do not waste your money.
Very frustrating dealing with this company

kenisonk1
June 17th, 2021

Seriously.
I respected this company at one time. Now they are just out to scam a business as far as I am concerned. They do NOT listen to their customers. I could rant for an hour. I will sum up one part of my complaint. They have shady contract "Auto" renewal practices that they did not make well known. And... no no you can NOT cancel their yearly (auto renewal) contract unless you do so within a small window of time just before it renews again... and! Sure they can stop putting your ads on line. BUT! They will still be charging you. Because in my opinion they are not an ethical business anymore. Way to go Yellow Pages.

geraldh148
March 2nd, 2020

Remove auto renew because it's just a scam to benefit Yellow Pages not for the customer (Remove auto renew) (Remove auto renew) My overall rating is -3 worst being -5 not 1 just because the first 6 years was a + 2 last 8 years sucked very Bad owner of Just Blast It in Calgary

Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.

By YellowPages F., Manager - Customer Service