YellowPages.ca

YellowPages.ca has a consumer rating of 1.09 stars from 257 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. YellowPages.ca also ranks 28th among Directories sites. The most common issues with YellowPages.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• This company has very bad business practices, they are rude and customer service is no help.
  • We agreed to a 30 day trial but they signed up our seasonal business to a one year contract for a total of $3000!!
How would you rate YellowPages.ca?

“Not 100% horrible.”

Sam L.
5/6/17

I've had a successful campaign with Yellow Pages and it only happened because I understood what results I'll be receiving. Customer service can be improved drastically but definitely NOT one star. The company wouldn't exist on the first page of Google if their products didn't work.

“Just there own collection agency”

gordon r.
2/6/17

The salesman promised my company would be on the first page of google search. That never happened. I tried to cancel..that cant happen. Now i get 2 calls for collections for a product that did not exsist. 100 % of my customers found me on other sources . Considering legal action for harrasment, misrepresentation and unfair trading practices.

customer service (37) year contract (18) credit card (18) 3 months (13) business (136) 6 months (7) business name (7) 1 year (14) business owner (12) 2 months (15) collection agency (6) business practices (10)
bh123
May 31st, 2019
You can sign a contract to start advertising... BUT THEY WILL NEVER LET YOU LEAVE...
Just play Hotel California while you try and deal with this BS company...
They have every BS excuse as to why you owe them money and you can't end your agreement... Why they are able to continually SCAM people with their fraudulent practices is beyond me...
traceyb113
October 26th, 2018
I am having a hard time with yellow pages with the virtual profile, and am trying hard to cancel it, all yellow pages want is your money, my profile was supposed to be done in June but there is none of the info that I gave them and the info that is on in all the other search engines is wrong, wrong address on pretty much every one, very confusing for customers and spending a lot of time on the phone talking to irate customers that have been lost for an hour and need to catch a plane!!!! so have not paid the portion of the bill relating to profile, lets see what happens now!!!!

Tip for consumers: you cannot get through unless youve got 2 hours to sit on the phone and they are not friendly!!!

YellowPages F. – YellowPages.ca Rep
Hi Tracey, we are sorry to read about your experience. We invite you to reach out to us at 1-844-875-4290, a member of our team will be able to help. Thank you.
patrickc251
August 29th, 2018
I was going to sign up for their services but ended up not doing it. They were supposed to send me a contract by email. I never received it. Never heard from them and got a bill by email 4 months later for hundreds of dollars. They then started calling me daily to harass me and then whenever I would try to explain the situation they'd hang up on me.

They have done absolutely nothing for me. They haven't sent me one customer and now they're telling me I owe them thousands of dollars. Over my dead body.
gg132
June 6th, 2019
You signed a contract that says you need to cancel your service 3 months before the renewal date. They certainly don't make it clear and then you need to remember to do it. They will be happy to renew a brand new 1 year contract and have you on the hook for the next year if you forget. They don't call to see if you want to continue, or if you are happy with the service you're receiving....They just want you to keep paying. You'll get nowhere by calling in about it other than making this the last contract when it expires.
israaa1
June 26th, 2018
My husband has been scammed by these people!! Did not even sign a written contract with them and 'apparently' voice is considered a contract when he fully told them he will review the contract and send it to them. He has been trying to cancel with them called them, emailed them, more calls but now he is being sent to collections. At this point do you guys consider him going to small claims ? Has anyone tried do you suggest any other way ?
juliab212
April 15th, 2019
They are professional Liars, they tell you everything they said they would do for you to sign up with their non disclosure contract. I pay a lot of money to advertise but there is no results, they will not cancel our contract they just keep collecting our money. What a Scam! Dishonest and Downright EVIL company.
michaeln356
May 17th, 2019
I found that I got no business from my ad and after I closed my business, I could not close my account until my annual renewal date. I had understood it was monthly commitment. When I asked to speak to a manager, the call-taker refused.

So my payments over a year and four months bought me nothing. I had other sources of business, however, in the end I closed the business. When I attempted to close the account, I was told that I had to pay for it for another eight months. I just do not see this company as an outfit to do business with.
matthewh257
August 9th, 2018
I've been on hold for over 30 minutes now, so I'm taking the time to write a review or two. This company is impossible to do business with. They are a digital marketing company, and it seems the ONLY way to get a hold of them is by waiting on hold for hours. Search as I might, I can't find so much as an email address on their web site. I'll save you from reading my long winded complaints about this company, and just sum it up with simple advice to save your sanity, and don't give these people your money.
angelh78
October 11th, 2019
Scam to get your money - Yellow Pages sent me a postcard with incorrect information for my business, with instructions to update or change this information and send back -
Well it comes back with a $259 BILL FOR EVERY QUARTER!
Scam to get money from people for services you didn't ask for! Effffff Yellow Pages!
vice4
August 10th, 2018
This company is a pure scam. I was tricked into going one year and then after I paid the final bill, I randomly got a bill 5 months later. And then for the first time ever, three days in a row on hold for hours. They do not want to even discuss. This is a criminal enterprise.
kenand6
August 19th, 2019
I just called to correct my business numbers were printed with wrong addresses. They don't even have control of what book they print. The person said that I should call the local phone company. We do not use land line and wireless phones for business already have our correct information. So don't waste your money for advertisement on yellow pages. They act like they don't care about their errors.
sama278
April 3rd, 2019
Big SCAM... do not book any Ads with the yellow pages...worst customer service EVER...never got any leads from their advertising. I have tried to cancel the service and they keep billing me saying that I'm locked in for a year... said I'm in a contract but I never spoke to anyone from their office... I'm not paying anymore bills and they're threatening to send my account to collections.
elizabethe139
January 8th, 2019
The worst response and reviews I ever had in my life. Asking to speak to a manager I was told it is not possible, asking for the recording of my conversation and telephonic contract when I set an account up at YP the agent promised to sent it but then cut me off and discontinued the call!!
As a consumer I should be able to cancel my account at any time. But it is automatically renewed and apparently it is on your verbal contract, which they could not provide to me.
Yellow Pages sucks.
YellowPages F. – YellowPages.ca Rep
Hi Elizabeth, we are sorry to read about your experience. Yellow Pages is proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
kelsob
March 25th, 2019
Absolutely atrocious service. We have tried to cancel unauthorized payments and they will not call. They claim an 'investigation' must be done before we can cancel and it will take 12 weeks to perform a cancellation investigation. Aside from the fact that I spent 44 minutes on hold to reach an incompetent agent who gave me the run around (Employee # 7006521) really pisses me off. They don't answer the phone when you call the toll free number and they are essentially a complete scam.
YellowPages F. – YellowPages.ca Rep
Hi Kelso, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would like to apologize for the longer than usual wait times on our customer service line. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
gracek57
August 16th, 2018
These people will take your money and then fight with you. They have no business ethics. BUYER BEWARE DO NOT TRUST YELLOW PAGES!
patb370
May 7th, 2019
I took over an apartment business but not continue the apartment. I've got lots of call asking for monthly rental, and overwhelm for summer worker rental but I didn't do it. I contact YP to delete the listing but instead they replace my contact phone to their obsolete business and phone number listing. Then ask me to pay if I need another update such as a business name or change of service detail. I wished I'd never contact them as no one that want to contact the apartment will reach me. Kept their obsolete non-existing number on the list. It's only annoying.
paulp436
May 29th, 2019
One of the most unorganized and unreliable corporations I have ever encountered. No customer service no support, basically there is no one to talk to.
nickr161
November 1st, 2018
Been paying monthly listing for years, when I decided to stop they said I had a yearly contract that expired in 9 months from now. I never signed any contract with them and have been paying them monthly for 10+ years. I told them I was done with them and to remove my listing. They said no and continued billing me monthly + $25 fee for monthly non payment + interest. Stay away from these scam artists. Does anyone know how to get them off my back?
YellowPages F. – YellowPages.ca Rep
Hi Nick, we are sorry to read about your experience. We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly about how we can improve your experience with us and answer your questions regarding our contract terms. We invite you to reach out to us at 1-844-875-4290. Thank you.
michaelm3457
November 26th, 2019
First signed up with Yellow Pages about 8 years ago. I retire and try to cancel.... what a hassle! They say my agreement auto-renewed and I owe them for 10 more months. I don't have an agreement with them but because they sent an email and one of my staff opened it, that's it hooked for another year???? Total BS and they can't legally hold someone liable for 8 years!
andrewd265
April 12th, 2019
They gave false claims to service that only Google ad words can provide. They would not cancel my account. Never deal with Yellow pages as they will trap you in a contract that does absolutely nothing for your business. It's amazing that a high school student can be scammed and they just get away with it. Avoid them at all costs. If I could rate 0 stars I would
paulb1738
January 3rd, 2020
Tried to cancel service - forced me to pay for another year said we had not cancelled in time - bogus company and very poor customer service - watch out they will cheat you out of your money then threaten to sue you - but they dont listen to anything at all !!
lorenae7
September 19th, 2019
I was contacted by a sales person to advertise my business. They made all kinds of promises to help me advertise. Only to find out that they took my money, Ive never gotten one phone call or customers contacts through YP services. I am now in collections because of YP and no business came through YP. Do not use them, they will just take your money and not get you any business st all. Ive gotten more results from Social media channels for free.
billj181
November 12th, 2018
They promise you the world and turn around and do nothing But bill you. when you try to cancel or tell them to stop billing you they will not. It took them 3 months to get my info online and during that time I requested to cancel as they did nothing to honour their contract. Worst company ever. They need to be stopped.wish there was a 0 or negative rating here.
YellowPages F. – YellowPages.ca Rep
Hi Bill, we are sorry to read about your experience. Yellow Pages is proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly about how we can improve your experience with us and answer your questions. We invite you to reach out to us at 1-844-875-4290. Thank you.
briaa
November 23rd, 2017
Help us and take Yellow Pages to court!!!! They are now sending emails threatening to send our file to collections, lawyers, court etc. We refuse to pay Yellow Pages! Avoid Yellow Pages at all costs! If they call, email etc DO NOT answer do not reply! They will record your voice as a signature and use it against you if you ever try to cancel. The 12 month term contract is a joke. We have received nothing but computer generated emails from fake people for jobs. SCAM !!!
YellowPages F. – YellowPages.ca Rep
Hi Bria. We're sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. Our services are tailored to the needs of each individual customer. We also offer YP analytics – a free platform that allows customers to analyze all parts of their marketing campaigns and ultimately adjust their campaigns accordingly so they can increase their ROI and connect with more of their potential customers. Please rest assured that Customer Service is of the utmost importance and that we’ll be sharing this information internally so that the appropriate team is aware of the situation as we do not take this lightly. In the meantime, we urge you to contact our customer service department at 1-877-909-9356 during business hours with your business information and contact number so that we can look at your case closely. Thank you.
davids1832
October 10th, 2018
Send in a real life truthful experience thats - and YELLOWPAGES.CA SAYS... HERES THE REVIEW.
DIXON COMMERCIAL INVESTIGATORS
Absolutely horrible they took our money won't return our calls or emails treat us like were the people away now we have to hire a collections agency or legal counsel to go after these people. You don't have to believe this review just go onto Google and read the negative reviews they're all true
Why your review has been rejected:
Content mentions or contains any known or suspected retail competitor.
YellowPages F. – YellowPages.ca Rep
Hi Davis, we are sorry to read about your experience. Yellow Pages is proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly about how we can improve your campaign performance. We invite you to reach out to us at 1-844-875-4290. Thank you.

By YellowPages F., Manager - Customer Service