Review of YellowPages.ca

Tel: 1 877 909-9356
socialmedia@yp.ca

davids1832
10/10/18

Send in a real life truthful experience thats - and YELLOWPAGES.CA SAYS... HERES THE REVIEW.
DIXON COMMERCIAL INVESTIGATORS
Absolutely horrible they took our money won't return our calls or emails treat us like were the people away now we have to hire a collections agency or legal counsel to go after these people. You don't have to believe this review just go onto Google and read the negative reviews they're all true
Why your review has been rejected:
Content mentions or contains any known or suspected retail competitor.

julienl23
10/6/18

This company does not deliver results, their systems are 100 years old and it takes an eternity to get some service, if you get any.
I do not recommend any business doing advertisment with them, you will just waste your money and your time.

jasonh371
10/2/18

I used their 'business listings' service for 1 year. My experience was utter garbage.

1. I can't even change my profile pic for my account without contacting an account manager, emailing them the pic and waiting 3 months for them to manually change it. How is this even a thing? Really? I can't change my own profile pic? Ugh.

2. The turn over rate for employees at Yellow Pages is insane. I had 2 different account managers within 6 months of starting my service. I never even got to talk to the third one. This type of thing is unreliable and frustrating.

3. They only notify you when you owe them money. I did not receive notifications for the following:

A. Payment method had expired. I was charged a late payment fee instead of them letting me know so I could update it.
B. When my account was cancelled, I did not get notified of the change nor any other receipt or closing of the account email. Nothing.

3. There was no statistical effect on my website traffic, during the so-called 'business listing'. Zero uptick in traffic to my website and zero change in search console. This was confirmed using Google services to track the changes.

DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE FROM YELLOW PAGES.

BUYER BEWARE.

andrewm481
10/1/18

I think they need to set up something for the small business owner. They charge a lot of money for what you get. Its so much cheaper to just set up you own webpage. Honestly who looks at the yellow pages anymore anyway. Everyone google's everything now anyway.

lucb28
9/26/18

Yp Not recommended, not effective and misleading phone sales tactics done by commissioned sales staff to trap you in a one year contract. Customer service is very poor, YP has never returned the money I overpaid and they misspelled my name on the invoice. Average wait time on the phone is about 20 minutes for customers service and ni follow ups???

danielt267
9/10/18

I moved about 4 years ago and because I stopped paying for there ad, they wouldn't update my location of my business... It's stupid because they think this pressures ppl into paying, when really it causes them to become obsolete. Noone can trust information that isn't updated... Yellowpages needs to get their sh*7 together.

aaronb232
9/10/18

Very difficult to get a hold of. Can't seem to cancel service. Paid over $6000 for a supposed one year subscription which created 0 leads and doesn't show up on google search first page.
Just got another bill for $2566 even though I just paid out $4800 last month for the subscription that was automatically renewed without my consent and was sent to their collections/legal team.
Thought the nightmare was over, but it's not:(
I can see that many other people have had the same experience with this company.
It's been almost 3 years of dealing with this company.
They'll call you when you don't pay the bill, an that's the only way to talk to someone. Repeated calls to the inquiries line is just a waiting game.

leopin
9/7/18

Do not offer any information what so ever about yourself. Its not the good old yellow pages anymore that we all loved and trusted. You will be scammed into some form of commitment that you cannot get out of and it can get very expensive, you will spend hours of time on the phone with no results with a multitude of people believing that you are finally being heard, and you are not. There will be no records or invoices or ways to find your account on line? you will speak to three of four people at a time over any complaint.
WASTE of time and buisness expenses!

jh335
8/29/18

Wrote a very honest negative review about a business listed on YP and a few hours later YP deleted it. I couldn't find it anywhere! This is rather unethical and do not allow free speech.BEWARE OF YP REVIEWS OF BUSINESSES. They only keep goid/positive review posts for the businesses they advertise for. So you're not getting all the information.

patrickc251
8/29/18

I was going to sign up for their services but ended up not doing it. They were supposed to send me a contract by email. I never received it. Never heard from them and got a bill by email 4 months later for hundreds of dollars. They then started calling me daily to harass me and then whenever I would try to explain the situation they'd hang up on me.

They have done absolutely nothing for me. They haven't sent me one customer and now they're telling me I owe them thousands of dollars. Over my dead body.

ginam154
8/24/18

I run a dental practice and if you want to throw your money away then use them.
The previous owner signed a contract with YellowPages and it was tied to the Telus phone account and business number so there was no way of getting out of the contract even though the service they were providing was subpar. We agreed to pay out the contract. But now Telus is billing us for Media Advertising and telling us that they do not generate the charges they are only a 3rd party that does the billing and debits the bank account. We have paid YellowPages directly and the former dentists account is still getting debited because YellowPages is still sending charges through Telus, and Telus is still collecting for them because they said they have a contract with YellowPages to collect the amount they say is due. It's completely Ridiculous and the worst of it is Telus won't help and after waiting on hold for 1 hr I could not get a hold of anyone who can help from Yellow Pages either. AVOID AVOID AVOID this company!!!

terric114
8/21/18

Mycontact , Sam, was extremely excellent, orgaized and thorough with his knowledge of premium business ideals for smart phones! He was a huge help> He really bridged the gap in my knowledge base. He worked with what I am able to afford as well which was delightful because it let me get in on some new business. I know that when I can afford it I will pay more. The kindness and generosity will not be forgotten. The only glitch is that when I went to pay he said that they didn't accept direct debit. I have no credit cards and my response was to say "You don't accept money?". I am so confused. Apparently some people stopped paying when they were paying with cash/cheque. It's too bad because I am sure that the people that paid probably outweighed the people that did not and in this case one rotten apple spoiled the bunch. Now I can't join. I feel marginalized due to my financial situation and limited as well. There has to be a better way than this. I know that accountants can write off loss so I wonder what the truth is. Maybe someone is lazy and scared or they just have a bad accountant. Anyways. I will come back when I have the credit.
www.therhythmcenter.ca

gracek57
8/16/18

These people will take your money and then fight with you. They have no business ethics. BUYER BEWARE DO NOT TRUST YELLOW PAGES!

vice4
8/10/18

This company is a pure scam. I was tricked into going one year and then after I paid the final bill, I randomly got a bill 5 months later. And then for the first time ever, three days in a row on hold for hours. They do not want to even discuss. This is a criminal enterprise.

matthewh257
8/9/18

I've been on hold for over 30 minutes now, so I'm taking the time to write a review or two. This company is impossible to do business with. They are a digital marketing company, and it seems the ONLY way to get a hold of them is by waiting on hold for hours. Search as I might, I can't find so much as an email address on their web site. I'll save you from reading my long winded complaints about this company, and just sum it up with simple advice to save your sanity, and don't give these people your money.

guyf30
7/24/18

They tricked me into signing for a year. Their service is horrible. they should be taken out of business for their underhanded tactics. They absolutely do NOT deliver what they promise!

michaelc1111
7/24/18

I cant believe this company is doing this legally! I have missed the sales call so they renewed my contract automatically. I have called back in September when we reviewed all our marketing spending confirming this is not a service worth the investment so we want to cancel it. NO... they wont let you they will have you carry this contract and bill you and bill you. I am writing this to make sure NO ONE fall into this hole. I am sorry for the people who work at yellow page. I am sorry for people and authority allowing this from happening. How is it possible that rules and regulations dont protect the people and allow these kind of company still existing? Someone knows the law better should go after them! My name is Michael Chen. We own a small business that cant afford having these kind of large legal scam company take advantage of real hard working Canadian citizens. Those who work for them must have to do it because they have to. I would never let my friends work for this kind of company. Sad store!

stephenw238
7/18/18

OMG, they charged me $10 interest for a $15 a month listing, and could not cancel my listing for another year, pls don't do business with them, a total SCAM company.

harrisono6
7/16/18

This company and their services are an absolute scam. They are no better then the people calling from overseas claiming they are the CRA or immigration services and demanding you pay them money.

They lied to me about the service and its benefits and said I could cancel if I was unhappy. Then they refused to let me cancel. Took me to collections for $3500 and got them to settle for $2000 and they said I would never be able to do business with them again.

This was all two months ago. I just received another $500 invoice from these scammers and I cant even log into my "business account" to see why. Customer services wont answer and nether will the agency that took me to collections the first time.

mikem1003
7/13/18

Tried to find the Purolator location in Cambridge, Ontario ... YP reported that it was at 20 Pinbush Avenue. Nope - it was 210 Pinebush and the map location was off by a few kilometers. This is why I removed all of my business advertising from Yellow Pages as they are AWFUL !!! Zero stars if possible. Stay away from these guys.

israaa1
6/26/18

My husband has been scammed by these people!! Did not even sign a written contract with them and 'apparently' voice is considered a contract when he fully told them he will review the contract and send it to them. He has been trying to cancel with them called them, emailed them, more calls but now he is being sent to collections. At this point do you guys consider him going to small claims ? Has anyone tried do you suggest any other way ?

ritaa8
6/26/18

I've been a customer of Yellow Pages for 18 - 19 years. Tried to cancel my Media advertising because I've noticed that they are not the first or even fourth listing on any web browser. I pay $62.00 month for nothing... have to wait for 10 months while they collect $620.00 of my hard earned money. I understand this is my fault for not cancelling sooner, I guess I have a contract that renews without a signature, but let's get real here, who even picks up a paper copy of the Yellow Pages, do they even exit, I haven't seen one for years... it's all online and Yellow Pages is, like my title says, Archaic - no longer relevant... If you have a good website, and now with Googles help, a search will bring you to the 1st page easily without YellowPages help. Sadly disappointed!! Live and Learn... make sure you cancel early with these people, they are highway robbers, LOL!!

jefferyl21
6/23/18

Checking if you can see who writes a review lol. I dont want people knowing who it is I need 100 characters so Im writing this to fill that up

katiec142
6/21/18

I don't understand how a company like this is allowed to operate - other than living in a country that is owned and run by corporate shills. They basically knock a hole in your business then force you to sign a contract to "fix" the damage they did. Don't even talk to them about your "FREE listing". It's not. And they made it.

lisaw463
6/19/18

I tried to cancel my contract with Yellow Pages as I might be suspending my business for a period of time. I called todayJune 19ththe representative stated that my contract was automatically renewed on June 12th. I asked to speak with a manager as I believe this to be a completely unacceptable practice. The representative refused my request to speak with a manager, although I asked him numerous times, stating I can only speak to him and not with a manager about cancelling a contract. As it seems I am unable to cancel my upcoming years contract I have asked to have the following years contract cancelled. I apparently now have to wait 24-48 hours for a representative to call me back. If/when I need any advertising I will never deal with this company again.

This is an addition to my original post above. I called Yellow Pages again and spoke to a different representative. This represesentative checked my file and has now agreed to cancel my current contract based on information she found in my file. (I believe when I spoke with them last year I verbally told them I was not ok with an automatic renewal). She has stated that although it will be cancelled it will take a couple of billing cycles to happen but that I will be reimbursed the funds. I hope she is true to her word. I do have the phone conversation recorded so Yellow Pages will not be able to deny making this statement. Although, it seems there will be a resolution to my situation Yellow Pages will not receive any more of my advertising dollars.

My son in high school was harassed by a telemarketer and said no. He created an IT website in HS for a class.Two months later I got an invoice for $57 month. I told them my son has a Communication Learning Disability, a Medical Disability and is being treated for PTSD. They refused to help. I will go to BBB and ask my lawyer. My son should have hung up but they coerced him and he was too young and naive to know better. Shame on them!!

By Jennifer D.

Questions? Get answers from the YellowPages.ca staff and other customers.

3 Photos for YellowPages.ca