Review of YellowPages.ca

Tel: 1 877 909-9356
socialmedia@yp.ca

stephenw238
7/18/18

OMG, they charged me $10 interest for a $15 a month listing, and could not cancel my listing for another year, pls don't do business with them, a total SCAM company.

harrisono6
7/16/18

This company and their services are an absolute scam. They are no better then the people calling from overseas claiming they are the CRA or immigration services and demanding you pay them money.

They lied to me about the service and its benefits and said I could cancel if I was unhappy. Then they refused to let me cancel. Took me to collections for $3500 and got them to settle for $2000 and they said I would never be able to do business with them again.

This was all two months ago. I just received another $500 invoice from these scammers and I cant even log into my "business account" to see why. Customer services wont answer and nether will the agency that took me to collections the first time.

mikem1003
7/13/18

Tried to find the Purolator location in Cambridge, Ontario ... YP reported that it was at 20 Pinbush Avenue. Nope - it was 210 Pinebush and the map location was off by a few kilometers. This is why I removed all of my business advertising from Yellow Pages as they are AWFUL !!! Zero stars if possible. Stay away from these guys.

israaa1
6/26/18

My husband has been scammed by these people!! Did not even sign a written contract with them and 'apparently' voice is considered a contract when he fully told them he will review the contract and send it to them. He has been trying to cancel with them called them, emailed them, more calls but now he is being sent to collections. At this point do you guys consider him going to small claims ? Has anyone tried do you suggest any other way ?

ritaa8
6/26/18

I've been a customer of Yellow Pages for 18 - 19 years. Tried to cancel my Media advertising because I've noticed that they are not the first or even fourth listing on any web browser. I pay $62.00 month for nothing... have to wait for 10 months while they collect $620.00 of my hard earned money. I understand this is my fault for not cancelling sooner, I guess I have a contract that renews without a signature, but let's get real here, who even picks up a paper copy of the Yellow Pages, do they even exit, I haven't seen one for years... it's all online and Yellow Pages is, like my title says, Archaic - no longer relevant... If you have a good website, and now with Googles help, a search will bring you to the 1st page easily without YellowPages help. Sadly disappointed!! Live and Learn... make sure you cancel early with these people, they are highway robbers, LOL!!

jefferyl21
6/23/18

Checking if you can see who writes a review lol. I dont want people knowing who it is I need 100 characters so Im writing this to fill that up

katiec142
6/21/18

I don't understand how a company like this is allowed to operate - other than living in a country that is owned and run by corporate shills. They basically knock a hole in your business then force you to sign a contract to "fix" the damage they did. Don't even talk to them about your "FREE listing". It's not. And they made it.

lisaw463
6/19/18

I tried to cancel my contract with Yellow Pages as I might be suspending my business for a period of time. I called todayJune 19ththe representative stated that my contract was automatically renewed on June 12th. I asked to speak with a manager as I believe this to be a completely unacceptable practice. The representative refused my request to speak with a manager, although I asked him numerous times, stating I can only speak to him and not with a manager about cancelling a contract. As it seems I am unable to cancel my upcoming years contract I have asked to have the following years contract cancelled. I apparently now have to wait 24-48 hours for a representative to call me back. If/when I need any advertising I will never deal with this company again.

This is an addition to my original post above. I called Yellow Pages again and spoke to a different representative. This represesentative checked my file and has now agreed to cancel my current contract based on information she found in my file. (I believe when I spoke with them last year I verbally told them I was not ok with an automatic renewal). She has stated that although it will be cancelled it will take a couple of billing cycles to happen but that I will be reimbursed the funds. I hope she is true to her word. I do have the phone conversation recorded so Yellow Pages will not be able to deny making this statement. Although, it seems there will be a resolution to my situation Yellow Pages will not receive any more of my advertising dollars.

chantall25
6/11/18

NEVER SIGN WITH THEM .They have no respect for you .They cant do anything to help you.Its just about them.

janem269
5/25/18

Do not take their call. Ever. Hang up immediately.

Worst company I've ever dealt with. CBC, CTV News and any other consumer protection and regulatory bodies should look into and shut this place down.
(1) They lie. They take advantage of individuals who do not understand the technology by saying things such as- if you do not list with us you won't be on the internet. BLATANT LIES TAKING ADVANTAGE OF A SEGMENT OF THE POPULATION THAT IS NOT FLUENT WITH TECHNOLOGY.
(2) You cannot get out of the contact if you sign. They either don't pick up the phone, or they hang up when you ask to be transferred to someone.

I highly suggest anyone who has been scammed into using this product contact consumer regulatory bodies, CBC or CTV news. I have had enough people complain that a class action lawsuit could potentially be undertaken.

The other suggestion I have is IMMEDIATELY email/send by certified mail to Yellow pages in your city (basically anything in writing with a date stamp) a letter stating that you are stopping services and you do not want to renew your contract.

Lastly, the products they offer are found on Google Analytics/Business. For a FRACTION of the price, if not free. Do NOT fall into the Yellow pages scam. Do some google searches and learn about the products google offers. Educate yourself.

YOU DO NOT NEED YELLOW PAGES TO BE SUCCESSFUL.

They have been irrelevant for years and are using borderline illegal (for sure ethically and morally wrong) business practices to take advantage of small businesses and individuals who are not familiar with internet analytics.

hollys128
5/4/18

Never sign up with these people. Impossible to cancel. I have many clients who complain about this service. I signed up to have a business name traceable on a search, but totally not worth it.

andyd71
4/19/18

The create profile with wrong info and wont let you change it.... BIG SCAM...
Please do your research, they are classified as the worst marketing company on the net.

andys174
4/17/18

I think im done with these guys. If you're reading this you prob. said yes on the phone with them. don't ever let it go to small claims court or to a collections agency. I wasted so much time reading all these reviews and trying to find a way to not pay. Your best bet is to call them and try to negotiate the crap out of the situation. try to knock off as much of the amount owing as possible with them even if it means paying all at once over the phone and just never say yes or talk to companies like this over the phone ever again in your life. its a huge bullet to eat but it does go to court and it is upheld. These guys go to court so much its a full time business for them. They know all the ins and outs. I never found a person that said they won.

sandrar141
4/3/18

I have had problems with them since they were supposed to secure my domain name and never did then 3 times they were supposed to forward my emails and it still never happened. 2 times to change business hours and when the price went up I told the guy and he said it doesn't matter when I called to cancel today Apr 3 they said my contract renewed in Feb. and I could not cancel even though they have not fulfilled their end of the contract. I will be forwarding my complaint to newsonline@ctv.ca

jeffr1404
3/31/18

I'm being billed for services that I never ordered and can't get them to stop. Yellow Pages is a total scam!!!

emilyh123
3/22/18

They are terrible! They rope you in over the phone then when you decide you need to cancel because it's costing your small business way to much they tell you,
You can't and that it's a one year contact! Are you kidding me? They put information that I did not want online right on to my said ad. And they start sending you bills and calling you about it straight away. I'm sick of there crap and want out. Don't get fooled by the people over the phone. Just say no. There are WAAAAY better and cheaper ways to advertise.

chriss715
3/16/18

My husband has been receiving calls from yellow pages saying he owes money for services. The thing is my husband has a small business and does not advertise. I checked the website and they do have a small blurb about his business. However this only proves to me he did not place this add. It is filled with wrong information. It states he accepts credit card payment...he does not. Worst of all it states he can do certain services which my husband does not do because you need a special license. The last call stated they would be send a baliff to our home. My husband has left numerous messages and no one calls back. Again we are a small business and cannot afford to advertise let alone pay them off so they will leave us alone.

robertb593
3/16/18

These guys are complete clowns, I don't even know what part of the crap job they did to start with, First the owner was my very best friend UNTILL I gave him my deposit check and than the games began chasing him around. My job was to take 5 days to complete and cost me $15,800.00. this job ended up taking 9 weeks and the work was so poor that he settled at $10,000.00 and I never should have paid that, I only paid it because I was trying to close on a bank loan that was costing me 11% interest and he was holding up the closing. Boiling Springs the day they "finished the install" wanted to be paid in full minus 10% on the spot before they would come connect the power and before the inspection was done. they said it was because they were having people not paying them once they had the job complete, this part of the job took three days. Man am I glade I stuck to my guns and didn't pay them here is the reasons why, so on Friday 2:00 pm is when they were complete minus hooking up the power, I called them at 4:00 pm and asked when they were coming back because this was June and very hot and I was told when I had a check in my hand. after a very heated conversation Jason agreed to come Saturday morning to hookup the power. I even offered to have breakfast for him and his partner. Jason never showed until Monday morning. after that he failed the inspection 2 times over a 6 week period and I had to have a general contractor go over the job to tell him what all needed to be fixed before my contractor would pay him, the best part, while my contractor was under the house he found all the old metal ductwork that they took down and replaced, they had smashed the old duct work than stuffed it under and an addition added to the house that I was told they hulled away. On the outside of the house we found two piles of insulation stuffed in the woods behind my house and than Jason the owner tells me that he cant trust the kids he has working for him. I could go on and on because I haven't even scratched the surface but I am tired of typing, I think you know where this story ends if not...good luck
and my name is Robert Battaglia and I live in Spartanburg I don't need to hide my name. I wish I would have read all the reviews on this company because there are a lot and all of them say the same thing CROOKS.

evac40
3/16/18

I just helped a friend through a process where yellow pages took him to collections from a contract he tried to cancel over and over. NOW it's my turn. I sold my business 2 years ago and called them with the new owners info and the new owner has been paying the bill for the last 2 years. Now they are calling me to tell me they've sent it to collections. Yeah. Good luck. I will not be walked on!!

daryay1
3/14/18

The guy called me to advertise with them, and i kept saying no and he kept insisting and at the end he tells me well i hope you have luck with your PASSIVE STRATEGY. Excuse me boy, did i miss something or you had a phd in marketing? Who are you to tell me how i should advertise my OWN BUSINESS. like seriously, i really would like to know how this company hires their employees because they clearly miss manners and respect. If someone tell you no, have a dignity and self respect to take it and not be an idiot about it.

jordanl49
3/14/18

Stay away from Yellowpages advertising at any cost. First of all it is out of date and their advertising barely works. Secondly they trap you into contracts with just a yes or no said on the telephone, you don't have to sign or anything. What they trapped me in was essentially useless and i just flushed 1000$ down the drain. I HATE this company with a passion.

sevaz1
2/28/18

No matter how big your business is, stay away from YP. Their agenda is to lock you in a voice agreement BEFORE you will read and understand that you will not be able to escape from a contract for the following year. Cooling period to change your mind is 24 hours (why not 30 seconds thou?). If you miss that window prepare your wallet. If you realize you don't need their service or, their service is not working the way you're expecting from them - good luck to terminate your contract. They just want your money and will continue to bill you.

Unfair business practices at their best.

This company has F rating with Better Business Bureau (BBB) Canada. Wish I did my homework before even speaking nicely to their salesperson.

Beware fellow Canadian businessman.

pp76
2/24/18

My Business was a multi year client of YP and I like to think I am relatively decent at looking over things. However, when dealing with yellow pages you need a lawyer to revoew the contract and god forbid you want service. I closed a second location mid year and askd for the advertising be reformatted and changed to a remaining location. Was never completed. Then my contract was up and my yp rep never contacted me as they had for 5 years so i made the assumption that it was done and I was in the of selling my business so I said no big deal. Then I kept getting bills . After 3 to 4 months and due to severe medical issues which kept me from addresing it sooner i attempted to contacy my rep. Thye said something looks strange and said he would get back to me but never did. I figured not my problem. Then their legal department got involved and the account is in the hands of a collection agency with a name that sounds like a law firm but isnt. More deception from yp. Now they are still billing me over a year later for a company not even in operation!!! Just stay away. There is no good to come from dealing with yellow pages. None. Just stay away. I am awaiting legal documents from them so i can take them to a lawyer. If this has affected my personal credit in any way it is YP who will need a lawyer.

harmeets1
2/20/18

Yellow Pages Locks you in contract of one year or even more. They will provide NOTHING in the name of pushing small business by advertisement. Yellow Pages website is horrible. You will never get any business with yellow pages advertisement. I signup six months ago and paying them $250 each month and never get any business out of it. I tried to cancel contract by customer care but they said it is not possible rather then that they try me to sell another year contract which cost me $100 a month. In other words they trap you and rips you off. Small business owners please stay away from these scammers never signup Yellow Pages.

pawana
2/19/18

After paying subscription these ppl are taking your pocket customers to other business houses.
The lady * Id yellow pages is the most indisciplined person I have gone through.

*Personal information redacted by admin

My son in high school was harassed by a telemarketer and said no. He created an IT website in HS for a class.Two months later I got an invoice for $57 month. I told them my son has a Communication Learning Disability, a Medical Disability and is being treated for PTSD. They refused to help. I will go to BBB and ask my lawyer. My son should have hung up but they coerced him and he was too young and naive to know better. Shame on them!!

By Jennifer D.

Questions? Get answers from the YellowPages.ca staff and other customers.

YellowPages.ca?