Review of YellowPages.ca

Tel: 1 877 909-9356
socialmedia@yp.ca

jesses136
3/20/19

LIARS will make promises and go back on everything.... LIARS LIARS LIARS LIARS LIARS
after they lie to you they will bug you for money none stop

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Jesse, we are sorry to read about your experience. We would like to speak with you about this and have the opportunity to make things right. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
dawsonp4
3/20/19

Slick sales guy signed me up in August 2017 told me contract was for only 1 year, called in June 2018 to make sure contract was ending sales guy told me it was done.

Yellow Pages starts calling me in Sept 2018 at least once a week and haven't stopped as I got a new credit card and the old one expired, trying to get pay me to pay for a contract that they automatically renewed even though they said it was canceled.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Dawson, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Over 8 million Canadians use YP.ca, the YP app and our print directories each month to find and connect with local businesses. Our team is always happy to optimize our clients' campaign to improve their ROI. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
melissah294
3/18/19

They make a pretty website, but that's pretty much it. Horrible customer service, impossible to get through on the phone, and poorly functioning websites. Their fees are ridiculous for what you get, and you have to pay even more to have a remotely effective SEO for your website. I would NEVER suggest YP to anyone, and cannot wait to get out of my contract and move on. YP, if you let me out of contract, I might stop posting reviews.....

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Melissa, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would like to speak with you about this and have the opportunity to make things right. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
lr167
3/15/19

Ever since signing up with yellow pages I have had nothing but problems. Initially they had the wrong phone number listed. I had requested my logo to be added to my profile and it was never done. After one year with the service, I called to cancel and they convinced me to just down grade my service. I have seen no benefit from having a yellow pages account. Again I called to cancel it in February of this year but they told me that I was 15 days past my renewal date and that during my verbal agreement I agreed to their terms and conditions as stated on their website. Not only did they not agree to cancel my service, they increased my bill by over 40% without any warning of the increase.When I called to discuss the increase I called many times and waited for 2 hours without being connected to an agent. I did call today and reached an agent after 57 minutes of holding. I was told they would open a claim and that it was approximately an 8 week turn around on claims!! There is no benefit to your business with this company. Save yourself the headache. I wish I had read reviews prior to signing up with them.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
We are sorry to read about our experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience and how we can improve it. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
jimw345
3/14/19

Getting in is easy... you get an upsell call and decide to try out their deal that promises increased exposure... but as soon as you accept, you are screwed. The bills are much higher than promised, and you can't get out of it because you owe money. So you pay them so you can cancel... but when you try to cancel there's nobody answering any phones. And then surprise! You can't cancel because you owe money! There's nobody working at this scam center but sales slicksters and collection thugs. Just save yourself the trouble and flush your money down the toilet. Its better than spending hour after hour on hold before getting disconnected.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hello Jim, we are sorry to read about our experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience and how we can improve it. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
paulc714
3/11/19

Seems they lost credit card number....now looking to get it again. But sending receipts from time to time? No charges on card?? Aggressive sales.....slick over selling scam to dramatically boost charges/fees at sign up. Nothing good to be said about YP from me .....poor deal all around

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Paul, we are sorry to read about your experience. We would like to speak with you about this and have the opportunity to make things right. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
michaelm2105
3/8/19

It does not matter which of many 'phone numbers one calls, they are al experiencing a higher than normal level of calls. Bull$#*!!
Call a payment line and you get someone, ask to make changes to advertising, and you go on hold for ever.
This is crap. Bad company to deal with.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Michael, we are very proud of our mission to help Canadian SBMs grow, and we are sorry to read about your negative experience. While we have indeed been experiencing a higher than normal level of calls recently, our team is always happy to help. We would like to discuss this further with you and make the changes you need to your advertising campaign. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
carlyd10
3/7/19

We have been trying to cancel our service for the last year & a
half. And every year when the renewal comes around I tell them over the
phone I want to cancel. They are super aggressive and rude,
telling me I'm basically an idiot for cancelling. I told them point
blank, CANCEL OUR SERVICE! They gave me an end date, April 1st, 2018. I
asked for something in writing and they told me they don't do that but
the service would be cancelled. April 2, I called, took forever to speak
to someone & they told me my service was auto-renewed. No way to
get out of it due to the fine print and we have to pay another year. 2019
has rolled around, same thing: CANCEL OUR SERVICE. Again, my rep has
horribly rude & aggressive. "Are you not the marketing manager? Do
you not make marketing decisions? Do you understand how ridiculous it is
to cancel this service?" I told him I didn't want to argue with him
just cancel my service IN WRITING. He said he would "send" something and
hung up the phone. I've called back to get a definitive answer if our
service has been cancelled and every person I talk to gives me the run
around.Bottom Line: IF YOU ARE A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER, DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THE YELLOW PAGES!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Carly, we are terribly sorry to read about your experience. We would like to speak with you about this and have the opportunity to make things right. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? Thank you.
yasmins12
3/4/19

For 10 months, I have been sending emails, calling, trying to get somebody to look after my account and never happened.
They just want, I pay them a huge amount for a service I have never gotten.
They always promise, someone will contact you and they never do.
By email, they never respond.
Huge Liars!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Yasmin, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We are sorry to read you are not satisfied with your campaign results. Our team is always happy to optimize our clients' campaign to improve their ROI. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further? Thank you.
leandras4
3/2/19

I've been down this road twice with yellow pages and their sales reps
claim that they have a ridiculous amount of traffic being referred but
my google
analytics and my client forms asking how you heard of us say the
opposite. The kick in the pants is that I called in and ended my
contract and they keep billing me. I called in again never got anyone,
emailed and they still keep billing. I had to eventually call visa.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Leandra, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
spencerg25
2/27/19

We have been paying for 3 years trying to improve our listing on the Yellow Pages, but it continues to disappoint. As a small Canadian business we have a limited advertising budget and need to maximize our efforts. After another two months of poor service this 2019 year, we have decided to cancel our subscription. But yesterday, they informed us we need to continue to pay for their poor service for the next 10 months, because of their fine print. Even though they are not providing the service we are paying for!
- our address is still not updated after a month and we called multiple times
- our listing does not populate more effectively against non-paid listers
- it does not list our correct number
- we asked for the original signed contract in which they claim to have our consent for annual renewals, but they do not have it
- AND they are allowed to cancel in 30 days, but we are not?

Yellow Pages offers a very poor online advertising service and they are forcing us to continue paying for it, even though they are not keeping up their end of the contract. This is extremely unethical and we want justice.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Spencer, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are terribly sorry to read about your experience. We pride ourselves in offering a good experience to all of our customers, are what you are describing does not reflect our standards. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? A member of our team will be able to make the changes you are mentioning in your review to your online listing. We would also like to take a look at your campaign performance to see how it can be improved. Thank you.
jessicau15
2/27/19

Exactly like all of the other reviews. They auto-renew without letting you know, and make it absolutely impossible to cancel. Customer service was incredibly rude; even somewhat gleeful that we were "too late" to cancel, despite the new period not having started yet. I'm furious at the absolute lack of regard for the customer. Is tricking people the only way that they can make money these days?? YP received THOUSANDS of dollars from us over the last three years and in no way benefited our company.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Jessica, we woud like to apologize for your experience.
arturd5
2/26/19

Our company credit card has expired and since 3-4 months I could not get a hold of Customer service to change it!!! They suggest in their follow-up accounting email to pay on the website - and it doesn't even work... Most of the time it says Error while blablabla contact us and then goes the never ending wheel...

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Arthur, thank you for your review. We are sorry to read about your experience. We would like to help. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? A member of our team will be able to fix the issue you are describing.
nicholes31
2/22/19

I noticed a Yellow Pages charge on one of the business credit cards this month (february) and after consulting with the owner we decided to cancel it. When i called they said we were set up as an auto renewal and because we had not given notice THREE MONTHS prior to the renewal the answer was NO. I took over as Office Manager in September. It is February. I'm sure the renewal of a yellow pages add slipped his 60 year old mind as he was heading into retirement. I was told they would put in a "claim" for me. I could not talk to them. They would investigate and let me know their decision. There is no complaints department. This is ridiculous. No grace period, nothing. Just assume you'll forget about it and once you see the charge its too late right? What kind of scam is this place running.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Nicole, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
ivanos1
2/21/19

To all business owners:
Do not sign contracts with yellow pages. They trick you and they make it hard to get out of your contract.
Last year I signed a year contract. Last October I talked to an agent because they need it a payment because my credit card was expired. I told her nicely I would like to pay the rest of the year, so we are done and I am done with the contract. She never told me that to get away of the contract you have to called 4 months before your end of the contract. What I found crazy. So I sent emails, canceling the contract. They been calling me since January asking me to pay. Agents of the phone rude, saying to me you need to pay. I asked them please I canceled my contract. They pretended they don't have any records of my last phone calls. I have the emails with me. So they just told me today I am stuck with another year contract. Well Yellow pages I am so done with you and its not fair that your agents give the worse customer service.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Ivano, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. If the situation you are describing in your review has not been resolved yet, we invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290, a member of our team will be happy to help.
ramanc2
2/21/19

Got me into a verbal contract for a year, which I honoured by paying the amount in full. Instructed them to not renew the contract. A year later I get a call from their Accounts Receivable saying I have outstanding balance. My ad is not even on their website. Huge waste of time and money. I am writing this review while on hold for the last 15 mins with their Customer Service department.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Raman, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. If the situation you are describing in your review has not been resolved yet, we invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290, a member of our team will be happy to help.
karad16
2/20/19

Yellow Pages is the worst company to use for advertising and marketing. They do not follow any ethical business practices and do not follow through on the advertising they say they will do. They misspelled my business name from the beginning but never fixed it, despite promising several times that it had been fixed. They constantly penalized me for "late" payments when I paid my invoices as soon as I received them. The mail strike caused problems and I was penalized. They continue to penalize me for "late" payments. Awful company. Don't get involved with them. There are much better marketing and advertising tools to spend your money on. No one reads Yellow Pages or uses them anymore anyway.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Kara, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. We would like to chat with you about the billing and listing issues you are mentioning in your review. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? A member of our team will be happy to help.
amyh391
2/20/19

Hi there, like you guys, I got locked into a verbal contract with YP for a year. They billed the wrong credit card so I knew nothing about it until I saw the red letter for renewal in 2018. Went through Better Business Bureau and had to pay $500 to make it go away. Low and behold a year later (this January 2019) I get another red letter for $1200 for "renewal" even though I have emails telling them I don't want this service.

I asked them to SHOW ME EVIDENCE OF MY AD PLACEMENT. That's when they came back and said they had made a mistake.

If you are having the same problem ask to SEE EVIDENCE OF THE AD.

I'd like to add, that during this time I contacted CBC marketplace (marketplace@cbc.ca) as well as the ASSOCIATION OF CERTIFIED FRAUD EXAMINERS (president@cfevancouver.com). However, they didn't respond.

Everybody should report it to these guys as well as the anti fraud centre
1-888-495-8501, who also did nothing but hey, safety in numbers. The only way to stop these lot is by getting together and flooding the above with emails and calls until it stops.

Good luck. They know exactly what they're doing. I hope my trick works for you.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Amy, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. If the mistake you are describing in your review has not been corrected, we invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290, a member of our team will be happy to help.
pauln232
2/15/19

These extortionist dirt bags are trying to collect ongoing payment for a service they wont let me cancel. Not only is their platform irrelevant in todays business world, but theyu must resort to extortion to earn a living. Sad desperation from a dying company. Don't sign up. They never let you quit them.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Paul, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
anonymousem
2/12/19

Has anyone gotten out of a yellow pages contract?
After THREE YEARS of thinking we had cancelled our contract and having no contact (our ad had misspelled company name, didn't post logo, description isn't even OURS, wrong hours) we got a call from a credit union saying we owe +$6000. We are a small business can't afford this. PLEASE HELP.

Read reviews on Glassdoor of employment. Management is f****ing everyone over and holding their job over their heads to get good reviews. (Pictures with review) Shame on them. I hope you guys get out.

Anyone who got out of the contract, have advice please email anonimouse19197070@gmail.com

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
You can be assured that our executive team is committed to working hard to ensure Yellow Pages is a great company to work for that and that offers quality services and products to our clients. Thank you.
mayac26
2/7/19

IVe been tryna cancel for months!!!! They'll lie and say someone will contact you & they never do.
SCAM SCAM SCAM! I've been tricked into a verbal 1 year contract & after still paying the full year they continued my service & now I've been paying an extra 4 month. I was promised a call back and a refund and they NEVER got back to me. I called and called and called and keep getting lied too. This is insane & im about to get lawyers involved.

Tip for consumers: only tip is to NEVER join yellow pages. SCAM!!!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Maya, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.
danet12
2/7/19

This company is an absolute waste of time. They suckered me into a contract via "verbal agreement" over the phone. My ad was completely wrong and not even tailored to my business, I was able to get the ad edited after much headache. After seeing zero return on investment I tried to cancel and was unable as I had agreed to their verbal contract, now it has been a year and as I type this I have been on hold with them for over an hour to finally try and cancel my online advertisement. This company has cost me hundreds of dollars with not even one phone call in return and they are EXTREMELY difficult to work with.

UPDATE: Finally got through to customer service.. the agent was able to confirm that I had requested to cancel months ago "but for some reason my contract was renewed and its going to take weeks for them to process this and call me back" I told him if they didn't take my banking information off of my account I would literally cancel my credit card. He is removing my banking info and I will not be charged again...hopefully.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Dane, we are sorry about your experience. We're happy to read that a member of our customer service team was able to help. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.
jl346
J L.
2/6/19

Absolutely horrible customer service. Weve been dealing with them for months trying to cancel, and trying to get a manager call us about it. Every time, they say they will have somebody contact us and it doesnt happen. Our bill somehow doubled and when we contacted them to get answers we had them tell us they had to look into it and they would call us back. After several attempts to resolve this problem, and having people continue to tell us they will have to look into it and they would call us back, and after emails from us asking for answers and to have management involved, we got a call from their legal department threatening to sue us, and informing us that our bill jumped from $2000 to $5000 and that we had to pay it by the next day at noon or else legal action would be taken. They also informed us that if legal action was the route we wanted to take, they would add an extra $7000 to our bill. Absolutely HORRIBLE. On top of that, they told us when we signed up, that our website would be up right away and it took OVER THREE MONTHS for it to be up, which we were paying for. I cannot believe how awful this service was.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hello, and thank you for the time to leave us a review. We are terribly sorry to read about your experience. Could you contact us at 1-844-875-4290? A member of our team will look into your account and explain the different options availbale to cancel your contract. Thank you.
jask12
2/6/19

What a company wow? No words
They got me on voice recording on December 7th 2016 when I was dealing with my TV guys and my 6 month old kid. I somehow agreed after they made 50 + calls. But I told them that I am not ready to advertise till March 2017 and they agreed and recorded me. On January 25th when I saw 1000's of bad reviews about company online I decided to cancel and they you all know what they say about verbal contracts and collection calls. I did not receive a single call from their ads. They force their bad product on you. There is not even one positive review about this stupid company. I really wish that this business should shut down ASAP.

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Jas, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further and to have a look at your campaign performance. Thank you.
trevora32
2/5/19

Please watch out for the verbal contracts - agreeing on the phone is their way of locking you in for 12 months with no way of cancelling! I thought I would get a document to read and sign - NOOOOOOO! tried to cancel after a month as we didn't see any return on investment - could not do this as I was locked in for 12 months. Bills kept coming and phone wasn't ringing. I would never use this company again and I suggest you don't either. I would suggest hiring their sales guy! He's good!

Response from YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative
Hi Trevor, we are sorry to read about your experience. We are proud to help Canadian small and medium businesses grow with a wide variety of marketing solutions. Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.

By YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative

My son in high school was harassed by a telemarketer and said no. He created an IT website in HS for a class.Two months later I got an invoice for $57 month. I told them my son has a Communication Learning Disability, a Medical Disability and is being treated for PTSD. They refused to help. I will go to BBB and ask my lawyer. My son should have hung up but they coerced him and he was too young and naive to know better. Shame on them!!

By Jennifer D.

Questions? Get answers from the YellowPages.ca staff and other customers.

8 Photos for YellowPages.ca