Review of YellowPages.ca

Tel: 1 877 909-9356
socialmedia@yp.ca

montazara1
11/12/19
Stay away from this company
Scam, extortion, not clear
Horrific experience
My advice to you to save your money and not deal with this *** company!
robl233
11/8/19
We had used their services 2 years ago for our business and then cancelled 1year ago,
I had the displeasure of speaking to Elias in accounts receivable who advised me that there was an outstanding balance and that I would need to speak to customer service. Called customer service and advised them that our account had been cancelled Dec 7 2018, to which they have zero record of I spoke to Nizar he has now indicated that he will be starting an investigation into it.
People I would strongly recommend that you file a complaint with your Provincial Government this kind of false and misleading action by a business is covered under our Consumer Protection Act. regarding the misleading conduct of YP.ca when you are signing up this is the only way to have them dealt with properly.
kenisonk
11/6/19
Seriously. THEY are Scammers ! We have been in business for 15 years. I DID use Yellow pages when they mattered...Things change , business changes. I asked to cancel our services ...Because there is NO way they are a viable business to advertise for you in this day and age. SO They tell me that I can NOT Cancel because in the fine print (THE Contract was changed at some point and they NO longer need you to renew or sign ) SO ...Each year about June I the past Yellow Pages renewal contacts me...this year I contacted them to cancel our services. They tell me OH well you are 27 days tooooo late and therefore you must pay us for a whole year !! Like I now owe them thousands of dollars. NEVER going to pay them. They say we are locked in for another FULL year of extortion. DON'T trust them. I have contacted them 5x to ask for changes they do not care.
jacquelienw
10/30/19
They called us, and because business was in a slump we agreed to advertise with them in August of 2018. The contract was for 1 year. We had to quit the business 5 months later due to it being so slow and my husband took a job. We knew they wouldn't cancel until the 12 months are up, so we waited until August of 2019 to inform them that we no longer have this business and we won't be needing their services any more. In fact, because we had not given them 3 months notice that we wanted to cancel, they chose to auto renew for another year and charged us for another whole year of advertising. We have not been in business since January of 2019 and now we are paying advertising for that business until August of 2020!!!! Total crap!!
debbief156
10/30/19
Don't waste your money, they do NOTHING for you,,,,,,huge scam. They tell you if you don't advertise you won't come up in searches and then don't tell you that your contract automatically renews every year!
sherazh1
10/29/19
They automatically renew your contract, force to pay even when you cancel it.
I m small business owner and done one year contact, never for any business from them instead of paying even when I canceled the service
dwaynel18
10/25/19
They screwed up our phone number in the directory and said we still have to pay. FU Yellow Pages SCAMMERS. Use Google or Facebook, you get 50 times more traffic and calls then yellow scam.
edgars53
10/17/19
Yellow Pages Canada contacts individual business owners to get them to signup for their business listing for a monthly fee and they promise you can cancel anytime. The reality is that after you sign the contract there is no way to cancel, and you have to keep paying no matter what.
angelh78
10/11/19
Scam to get your money - Yellow Pages sent me a postcard with incorrect information for my business, with instructions to update or change this information and send back -
Well it comes back with a $259 BILL FOR EVERY QUARTER!
Scam to get money from people for services you didn't ask for! Effffff Yellow Pages!
leeo16
10/2/19
So before you pay for advertising with yellow pages. We ere contacted by what sounded like a very nice fellow from yellow pages. He was trying, naturally to sell us a package. Even told us he could give us the "silver" package on a deal, as my husband was hit by a bus a few years ago ( yes, really), and is trying to start a new business on very limited funds. He said he could give us the silver package, and a counter, for $67.16. This contact was to include:

Market: Vernon (BC) - VERN Merchant: Ductman Heating and Air Conditioning. Main : *******749 Heading: Air Conditioning Contractors (Entrepreneurs en climatisation) L2 Local Leader Plus: Online Positioning Product w ith Logo, 12 months duration, 2019-09-18 $73.64 $24.55 includes promotion: 75 % expires on Friday, September 18, 2020 12:00:00 AM Promo Text : Call Us Today! MOL Mobile Placement Leader, 12 months duration, includes promotion: 75 % expires 2019-09-18 $14.89 $4.96 on Friday, September 18, 2020 12:00:00 AM Promo Text : Call Us Today! Heading: Heating Contractors (Entrepreneurs en chauffage) L2 Local Leader Plus: Online Positioning Product w ith Logo, 12 months duration, 2019-09-18 $73.64 $24.55 includes promotion: 75 % expires on Friday, September 18, 2020 12:00:00 AM Promo Text : Call Us Today! MOL Mobile Placement Leader, 12 months duration, includes promotion: 75 % expires 2019-09-18 $29.77 $9.92 on Friday, September 18, 2020 12:00:00 AM Promo Text : Call Us Today
Great deal. Right? Yet check out what the ad actually looks like. Even the phone number is wrong. Yes. I have reached out to the original representative who sold us the package. He has so far declined to answer. I have called the yellow pages number, and after spending 10 min on the phone, waiting for someone, then being hug up on, I called back only to tell them I was not " authorized on the account and they could not talk to me". I'm the person who made the agreement for the contract and used my credit card to pay the bill..the company was told right form the beginning that all advertising comes through me. You may want to think twice..or three or four times..before buying and advertising from this company
stasikb
9/24/19
Total scam, they tell you the contract is for one year, but terms and conditions which you have to locate on some hidden place on their webpage tell you that you are autorenewed for 1 year
STAY AWAY FROM YELLOW PAGES, This is an outdated platform that doesn't work!
katk56
9/23/19
Team , there is a $1 coffee small , medium and Large gone live today for our 7 rewards registered members . Please communicate this to your teams. Extra large coffee is not a part of this promo.this promo will run for this entire period .

Another great opportunity to drive traffic and accelerate 7 rewards .
lorenae7
9/19/19
I was contacted by a sales person to advertise my business. They made all kinds of promises to help me advertise. Only to find out that they took my money, Ive never gotten one phone call or customers contacts through YP services. I am now in collections because of YP and no business came through YP. Do not use them, they will just take your money and not get you any business st all. Ive gotten more results from Social media channels for free.
marciaj42
9/17/19
20+ years advertising with the yellow pages. Over the last year service have changed for the worst.
My account was credited after months of the yellow pages investigation team conclude mistake was made on there part earlier this year because my ads info was wrongly displayed.

Now I called to change my mailing address, after repeating my new address twice, I asked the staff to repeat it, she took offense to that and hanged up on me. Called back she hanged up again. Third call back I got someone by the name of Karen who informed me it wasn't change. She apologized and changed it and was ok repeating it.

Staff needs to be trained properly.
lyndam82
9/9/19
I don't usually get annoyed enough to write a negative review but this time I make an exception. First off the cost of my add increased by about 46% when it renewed in May. I let that go at the time. But it is now September and the ad just is not bringing in business when compared to other less expensive ads so I called to cancel. I was told that I am locked into that amount till May 1 /20 on a contract that I don't recall agreeing to after the first year. The customer person did not care one bit that I was not receiving value for my money. Apparently to them the only thing important is the cash in their pockets. I regret ever doing business with them. I would never treat my customers the way they treated me.
bobsters
8/29/19
Everything about this company is wrong. All the stats the employees give is complete lie. Yellow Pages is NOT the biggest directory in Canada. Not even close!
YellowPages digital solutions are very out dated and no use to any business of any size.
They lock businesses to one year contract and renew without any notice.
rickb357
8/25/19
I'm not wasting my time on a long review. trust me, just say away. they suck you in and then takes you a year to cancel.
kenand6
8/19/19
I just called to correct my business numbers were printed with wrong addresses. They don't even have control of what book they print. The person said that I should call the local phone company. We do not use land line and wireless phones for business already have our correct information. So don't waste your money for advertisement on yellow pages. They act like they don't care about their errors.
jerryw238
8/15/19
I would give them less than1star if I could.
Customer service is not helpful at all.You can never talk to anyone unless you leave voice messages for days. They have not helped my business at all. All they are is a money grab. They have not sent me a bill for 6 months then expect me to come up with the amount of $6,000.00 to pay them.
No wonder yellow pages is going under.
markl768
8/13/19
READ THIS BEFORE ADVERTISING:
It started with a customer replying to our ad through their messaging system. We got the message: we just couldn't reply. This happened several times, and was reported each time. They told me it would take up to 24 hours, each time. Last time it took several days. We had no way to reply to requests for quotes. We looked very bad. Telling a customer you are sorry for calling back days later, and then saying the delay was because of yellow pages? Not sounding good right? They really, honestly, dont care. We are known for quick replies. Now all of the positive reviews are out the window because I have no intention of allowing Yellow Pages to keep impacting my business negatively. I asked for help. They cant even bother responding to 2 emails I have sent. I am getting my invoices from them regularly: that you can count on.

Mark , Affordable Cleaning Services, New Brunwick Canada
*****@gmail.com
trevork66
8/6/19
My company has been using Yellow Pages for two years now and every year they get worse. I paid them to build me a website, they did not optimize it. Better yet they told me it would be an addition cost to optimize it even though I am still paying a monthly website management and service fee. They also like to randomly increase pricing due to "inflation". Twice this year I have had random "extra's" billed to me, when you call the customer service to get an explanation they are incapable of giving you one and when you ask for a manager they are always conveniently "gone for the day". Most recently I found my bill was $140 plus change over the usual amount and when I called to ask why they told me it was the new billing system charging me to make up for a discount I got back in October 2018. Of course the manager yet again had left the building.
fatimap8
8/2/19
They try and sell you something you don't buy then they harass you and say you bought it send you late notifications. Terrible way for this once proud business to go down.
melissad419
7/22/19
I wanted to cancel as my listing was not what I wanted in the first place. Their google ranking is awful, there is not point NO ONE will find you on yellow pages . They will fill your head with lies, they are good at sales to get you hooked and that is it.

They AUTO renewed you without property disclosing anything . I refuse to pay past the point I wanted to cancel and they call me daily, to the point of harassment !!!!

SONIA never returns emails so unprofessional. SHARE the word I do a networking group and so many people have had the same experience. They uses to be good 10 years ago, They should go back to printing phone-books. Call Google Ad Words instead that is worth the money !
antigonis
7/19/19
I have a small business and they run my site for me. It's okay, nothing super special. But every time I need to make a change on my menus, I send in the PDF and often I need to speak with 2- 3 different people to get them to do an update as no one seems to know how to do it. Also every time they say the update will be completed in 2-3 days it takes WEEKS. I even have a reference numbers, but when I call to confirm why it wasn't completed in the time they specified they never have an answer and I need to go through the whole process a second time until I can finally have the changes completed.

Very inefficient and, I find that the people on the customer service line need a bit more training with how they manage customers, what products they provide and what types of promises they give.
elissab15
7/18/19
They trick you into contracts with fine print, increase prices without warning, and make it impossible to back out of once you are trapped.
Don't fall for it.

Our contractual terms are for a 12-month period (or a 6-month period for certain products). Customers are able to cancel their contract with Yellow Pages by providing notice 3 months before the expiry of the term. If not, contracts automatically renew, as mentioned in our terms and conditions. We invite you to contact us at 1-844-875-4290 to discuss this further. Thank you.

By YellowPages F., YellowPages.ca Representative

They also posted my personal information to their site without permission. I recommend reporting them to Canada's Anti-spam regulatory body. You can report them here: https://www.fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/frm-eng/MMCN-9EZV6S

By Rebecca A.

My son in high school was harassed by a telemarketer and said no. He created an IT website in HS for a class.Two months later I got an invoice for $57 month. I told them my son has a Communication Learning Disability, a Medical Disability and is being treated for PTSD. They refused to help. I will go to BBB and ask my lawyer. My son should have hung up but they coerced him and he was too young and naive to know better. Shame on them!!

By Jennifer D.

Questions? Get answers from the YellowPages.ca staff and other customers.

11 Photos for YellowPages.ca