Review of Usenet.nl

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

victorc67
5/22/17
• Updated review

If you paid through Papal, notify them first and file a complaint for goods and services not as described. They will get your money back. If you try and call those A__Holes, the line rings forever and you are put on hold. If you get through, they are RUDE and will not help! I got my money back but since then I have received collection letters by email and regular post. They cannot demand money for a service that is garbage or that one never used (as in my case).

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THEM AT ANY COST!!!

“Scammer and Rip-Off artists!”
2/2/17
• Previous review

I signed up for the trial not knowing how it really worked (my fault) and when I researched it, I decided it was not for me. I never used it, nor did I install any of the software or log into the account. I completely forgot about it after that. I get a notice that they charged my account the 99.00. I was 1 day late from cancelling the trial, which there were no warnings at all sent by email or otherwise. I have been fighting with them to get a refund and they refuse. Why do they persist on keeping my money when I clearly have not used, nor do I need the service?!! This is NOT good business and is no different than STEALING my money!! I filed a dispute with Paypal and hopefully will get my money back. STAY AWAY from this POS Company unless you intend on using it of course. After this review (and all of the others here) and the fact that they want to keep my money and not even offer partial refund or anything else though, I would NOT recommend using them at all!

gada3
5/20/17

I downloaded one small piece of music from their website. I got charged 99 USD via paypal. the charge is per month. I have never in my life been charged such an amount for one month. paypal sent an email "billing agreement cancellation confirmation" . I hope this is the end of it.

saras184
5/19/17

Just type of business to grab your money monthly. there has no cancellation system but direct call. even if you call on working hour (CET) customer support auto return our office is close call back on working hour. There are charging you monthly be carefull. So contact to your bank to block this company to charge. or paypal process like : https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/44y8g3/help_canceling_usenetnl_free_trial/?st=j2w4bjwz&sh=48952746

hasanh9
5/19/17

I once have been visited the site, even I did not know I have subscribed. A few days later, I lost my 99 $

davet26
5/6/17

I'm not sure why there are so many negative comments on here. They have terrms and conditions you clearly sign up to but I love the service. Been using it for years with now problems at all.

alisonr25
5/4/17

SCUM ...SCAMMERS .PIRATES .THIEVES .DO NOT JOIN EVEN ! THEY TOOK MY MONEY... BUT DID NOT SEND ME ANYTHING NOTHING ...NADA..... 'NO HELLO WELCOME TO OUR SITE BLAH DE BLAH!' NOTHING AT ALL ...NO 'WE ARE GOING TO TAKE MONEY OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT' .. ..I FORGOT I HAD EVEN JOINED TO BE HONEST !

I HAD A PAYPAL PAYMENT TAKEN OF £65.00..I DISPUTED IT AS I HAD NO IDEA WHO THEY WERE ...PAYPAL SAYS YOU HAVE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE SELLER AND TRY TO RESOLVE THE MATTER ..I SENT THEM AN EMAIL THROUGH PAYPAL ASKING WHO THEY ARE YOU & WHY THEY WERE TAKING £65.00 FROM MY PAYPAL.? ...NO RESPONSE ! PALPAL TOO INTERVENED NOTHING ..SO I WAS GIVEN BACK THE £65.00. BY PP. THEN I READ ALL THE SCAM STUFF ABOUT THEM . I`M THINKING LUCKY ESCAPE!!!... UNTILL A DEBT COMPANY GETS INVOLVED SAYING I OWE £135!! I HAVE SENT THEM A SCREEN SHOT PROVING THAT I HAD QUERIED WHO THEY ARE AND THEY SAID IT WASN`T GOOD ENOUGH! THEY BAREFACED LIED SAYING THAT THEY HAD NEVER HAD ANY CORRESPONDENCE FROM PAYPAL AT ALL!

They continued to send me letters each time upping the amount.

I have just today spoken to a Paypal adviser ..who said .`Don`t worry theres nothing they can do !. Paypal have jurisdiction over them! . If Paypal decides they are fraudulant theres nothing they can do...............!BRILLIANT!

If they continue to harass you`ve got to go to the police and ask for a harassment form ...ignore them DEFINATELY don`t pay ANYTHING TO THEM ! so get lost usenet.nl.......you scamming scum!

carlu3
5/3/17

This is a scam site. I have written our Washington State Attorney Generals office registering a complaint. I have received a collection letter from them even though I cancelled. Others in a similiar situation as me have noted that the collection letters escalate in intensity to threats of lawsuits and threats against my credit history.

FIRST DO THIS:
..they generally use Paypal to setup your account and bill through Paypal. Go to your paypal page and cancel your subscription with them to ensure they do not steal any money from you
...IF and only IF you get a collection letter from them write your State Attorney Generals office and register a complaint detailing your situation
...send the scam collection agency a copy of the letter you have registered

marjoried9
5/3/17

My opinion of usernet is nil.point. I have a copyright query to take up with them but their much advertised DMCA email address is non-existent. They always get returned as non-deliverable or 'address doesn't exist'. I think that is how they get away with it! Another domain connected with them (expense-software.com), I have tried to contact via DMCA address, has an unanswerable CAPTCHA question. These guys are really smart!!

zarahg
5/1/17

Oh dear. I checked on this site too late. I have subscribed to a free trial and when downloading the newsreader kept on failing, that's when I searched online for SOS. Now, how do I unsubscribe? Their website is no help at all.

thomass202
4/26/17

Respond to these crooks by registering a complaint at FBI Internet Crime Complaint (https://www.ic3.gov/about/default.aspx) and Interpol (https://www.interpol.int/Forms/Access-blocking). Maybe if enough registered complaints, will drive these maggots underground?

judym110
4/19/17

Sell you a subscription for something that did not work, then won't let you cancel
Rating of 0. Now they're adding costs for refusal to pay

davep110
4/5/17

Same story here. Tried to cancel my subscription online but realized I had to call them oversees and so forth (how convenient!!), so I canceled the Paypal payment. Then got a letter from them asking that I pay them 110 EURO or else they would pass the outstanding debt to their partner on site..(credit recovery company). And of course, they made sure I could wire transfer the money directly to their bank account out of fear.

What a bunch of low life, useless worms. Please people do not give in to these clowns. PLEASE IGNORE these thieves. I actually find myself quite idiot to have even registered for a free trial of pure s*h*i*t. They can send me crap letters as much as they want, I'll use these rags as toilet paper or to start a bonfire. (btw, can I put negative or at least ZERO star..one star is actually way too much.)

meenakshis5
4/1/17

Blood Idiots took my money. Don't even believe this site.Without entering the password they took the money.

linhn3
3/27/17

I sign up for 15 days free trial and only use for 1 day before I cancel it. Now the usenet.nl charge me 2000 dollars for 3 months of service. wtf. They do not even have
subscription cancellation on their website when I first sign up. 1 day of use barely one day of use and they charge 2000 dollars.. why not rob several banks. If I can rate a negative on this it be negative infinity.

darrenc33
3/24/17

I registered for their 14 day trial and cancelled through paypal yet it still received a letter threatening me to pay 110 EUR or report me to credit services . First of all this company's services is just pure junk. Anything you download from them is filled with viruses and malware that will compromise your pc. Beware of this sleazy company.

tobiasi
3/11/17

Very easy to register, very difficult to leave ! Don't go there ! Just, don't ! I couldn't even use the software to download the files I wanted. So I wanted to leave immediatly after registration.

They have your credit card number at that point, and to leave, you need to click several times on a small "continue" button which does not obviously lead you to the cancellation page your are looking for ! In the end, after several "continue" clicks, they ask you to call them by phone (!) ... at certain opening times... Last and not least, you need to type your Personal ID in the phone ! And this ID is DIFFERENT from your username !!! x_x

bills219
3/9/17

Has anyone got a copy of this cancellation email we are supposed to get? I can't find one. Not sure what it should even look like

abrilm1
3/4/17

Terrible service. They make it difficult to cancel your service. I called and talked to a representative who was very rude and condescending. DO NOT WORK WITH THEM. This was honestly the worst interaction I've ever had as a customer.

rosel125
3/2/17

So I asked them to cancel via email, because I couldn't afford it (I have a toddler to take care of. Kids are expensive). Then they sent me a letter in the mail saying "we ultimately demand you pay us or else we will ruin your credit score." Little did they know that I'm an RCMP officer, sent them a very angry email, and haven't heard back from them. Guess they don't like the idea of jail.

DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM AT ALL!!

donz11
2/28/17

I decided to cancel my subscription immediately but couldn't log in until I copied/pasted my new user name and password from their password reset email. I logged on finally and wasted about 10 minutes attempting to cancel online only to be directed to call. I called and was put on hold for about 5 minutes and then was directed to their cancellation department where it was done immediately. I received a cancellation confirmation email within minutes. Hopefully that is the last I hear from them.

mustafah12
2/27/17

They used my first account information to re-register me in a new account asking me to pay for it. I never wanted to pay them for their useless service. Just tell them to F*** off. THey can do nothing. Your credit history will never be effected. it is a service that you never agreed to pay for, they can do nothing. Believe me.

patrickm76
2/25/17

There are plenty of reviews on this site about the scamming techniques of Usenet.nl
I fell into the trap but gave no credit card information with a view to trying the free download for files as i was looking for an art history publication. It DID NOT even work so i thought no more about it and did not go back onto the site. i had received no services. After a month I was bugged by a credit collection agency related to Usenet called usenet@tesch-inkasso.de in Germany. Every week or fortnight they threaten me with penalties having escelated the charge 120 fold and threatening court action. My reply is to challenge them to a court appearence and expose the fraud and claim harassment damages.
DO NOT GO NEAR THIS SITE
Here are some links to additional complaints:-

markp179
2/22/17

Do not use this company for anything they will fleece you. If you paid using paypal talk to them as they are aware of this companies dealings.
If you want a genuinely good newshosting service then use www.newshosting.com. Never had any problems with them

kristens39
2/21/17

I have had a similar issue. I tried canceling at the 14 day trial and they indicated I did not meet the cut-off because of the time difference. This was in 2015 . Fast forward to 2017 and I just got a collection letter. I provided them proof of me trying to cancel in 2015, but they indicated unless I have a cancelation confirmation that I still owe. has anyone had experience with this? Did this get reported on your credit?

anamikap1
2/21/17

was lured into giving my bank details for a free trial. they quickly deducted $1=Rs.70 INR from my account. Wrote 35 mails complaining about theft. but to no avail. Actually they replied to my query by writing separate mails intead of hittinh the reply button. their 16 mails in response to my complain, initially said they are overburdened but will shortly solve the matter. to 19 of my later complains they said i 've to pay annual subscription of $99. WOW. I DO NOT GET FREE TRIAL. I COMPLAIN OF FORGERY IN MONEY AND LOGGING AND THEN I END UP LOOSSING RS.7000 AS ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION TO THEM. BANK SAYS THEY CANNOT AUTHENTICATE OVERSEARS TRANSACTION. so please be care ful friends.

20 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Usenet.nl staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Justyna W.
on 7/27/16
monin1
moni n.
So I signed up on this bullsh*t website because they advertised a book that I needed for my thesis. I subscribed to their free 14-day trial only to find out that they don't have the book, i searched for books by entering keywords into the search bar and nothing came up. I was in a hurry so I gave up trying and forgot about it. I only contacted them 6 days after the trial ended and they couldn't take money from my account because I didn't have 100 EUR in my bank account by that time so I was relieved. I got he confirmation that my subscription has been cancelled. Today I got a letter from them that they tried several times to contact me via e-mail about my payment that I owe them but I did not respond so now they have no choice but threaten me with legal actions if I don't pay 112 EUR. Do you guys think they will go through with their threats and if they do, what is the chance of them winning/losing the case? I did not download anything and I certainly did not get the service I was promised.
on 6/11/16
yenyenh
YenYen H.
on 6/1/16
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Usenet.nl staff and other customers.

Usenet.nl?