Review of Usenet.nl

Usenet.nl reviews

neilg27
10/11/17

I signed up for the free trial then wanted to cancel went through the cancellation request and it offered me a discount didn't want it and selected to confirm cancellation then it said i needed to call to finish! - what company does this trickery!

so i called and was in a long hold said it would be over an hour! so called back later again on hold for 30 mins and then got cut off as it was after the closing time by now.

messaged them via the support page saying i wanted to cancel but nothing and now they are taking money.

i called about tit and they just deny any knowledge of me cancelling and then she said they dont have a cancellation option on the website! which is bull!

she was very rude and wouldn't let me finish speaking i said please let me finish speaking dont be rude and she said ok good buy!

satyamn
9/27/17

Usenet.nl is a scammer par excellence, it steals our money, I was on trial period and they charged me 99 USD, con artists

mosettek
9/6/17

I tried to download a document with a free trial and didn't get it. I assumed the free trial was no good. Incomplete.
Fast forward 2 months, and I noticed a charge that I didn't recognize. A $99 charge. Looks like they billed last month and I didn't catch it until a few days ago when I saw the current charge and immeduately cancelled my card. I tried to call and reached their recording saying I'm calling outside of the hours of business operation even though I'm calling within the hours listed as operating hours on their website. I tried to download their form to make sure I'm covered to cancel something that I don't recall receiving confirmation was activated in the first place. (I'm unable to locate any correspondence confirming activation.) Not surprisingly the form won't download. I have no way to contact these people and they've already taken $99. Totally fradulent.

gillc12
9/4/17

I also signed up for the free trial, the documents wouldn't download. I cancelled the subscription 4 times, they deny knowledge of this and pretend they don't have it. Do not use them under any circumstances.

benh112
8/29/17

I gave them my card only to find a charge for $99.00 a week later. When I attempt to cancel the subscription nothing happens . Do not use this site!

andress19
8/25/17

Scam, scam, scam!!! After you have to call them to cancel the usernet.nl service which it didnt work, you (supossely) are signed up (mandatory) to a subscription that you are NOT interested in and get CHARGED 88 EUROS!!! They say they have sent you emails but this is not true and TARAAA!! Your money is gone from your bank account. I am taking this to my legal services and take legal action against them!

angelb59
8/21/17

I did not sign up for this have no idea what it is I was in the hospital taking care of my mother for 6 weeks they say I had a 14 day trial same time I was next to my mother who paaes may 24th. Called customer service was on the pbone for 15 min to be hung up on ao calles again mo help. Just for fun I uses all the prompts for different questions it was the same women good heaven

jahleeld
8/15/17

I got an account with the intention of downloading an ebook that that the said confirmed that the had. After putting my information in my search for the book on their website yielded zero search results. The day after I tried to cancel my subscription, which didn't work online due to some script error bs. I then tried calling their support hotline which appears* to be perpetually busy and doesn't allow for holding. To say that this trash website isn't worth a fart dosen't do it justice, I need better insults. This was a sh*tty experience and a complete waste of my time.

josuc
7/31/17

Usenet es realmente peligrosa, Es imposible de cancelar.
Al no ser posible, cancelar y dar tus datos de PayPal te roban 99,96 sin mas, y PayPal no te protege.
Son unos ladrones.

johnnyl29
7/31/17

I went to check my cap one statement online, i see a 99 fee for usenet. I never heard of them. I contacted my credit card company right away today and disputed the transaction. Don't bother calling them fist, call your credit card company and let them deal with these guys. Good thing i saw it! Don't get mad, get your money back!

kaseyf4
7/29/17

Somehow I paid for two years of usenet without even knowing what it does. The customer service rep was unable to refund even a few days after the second renewal, even being able to see that I clearly did not use the service. Deplorable.

beag8
7/18/17

All I can say is that their company is extremely shady and they should all go to jail !

My dad who is 80 years old tired to download some document which he never got - now they ask for 50 through this other company hired to collect the money ! I hope they don't steal from us more - not sure if my dad gave his PayPal account. I tried to get an explanation but they tell me to go to the police if I'm not happy - which I will surely do !!!!!

andyt54
7/18/17

Take the free trial then they cancel it before it is up so that you cannot cancel. After that you get a collection letter plus a "Dunning Fee" then a threat of collection these guys are just in it to scam you oh! and there is no membership for your $200 plus bucks that is gone it is a eyes wide open FUBAR

jimg115
7/17/17

They gave me fraudulent fees and sent it over to a legitimate debt collection agency called Debt Collection Australia (who are dumbasses, because they followed up on the fraudulent claim), tried to collect. Awful and the actual service they provide isn't that great either.

priteshs2
7/7/17

Yesterday , i start free trail and provide them my cradit card details , and today 64 Rs are deducted from credit card without any OTP.....i thought they can not get money from my cradit card without OTP.....But 64 Rs are gone....i am tensed now...what shold i do...Please help...how to cancel this free trial....it is not a free......

7820099206
Pritesh shah
India

teresac77
6/29/17

0 ratings- scam artists - will coerce you into using their free trial then make it impossible for you to cancel so that they bill you later on represented by a service called Inasako and then demand 164 euros.

If this has happened to you contact the FBI internet fraud branch and submit a formal grievance against the company entitled Fradulent Inducement.
Let us put an end to scams such as these.

christinam121
6/28/17

If I could give 0 stars I would. I signed up for a trial which I cancelled as realised after signing up it wasnt for me or what I was looking for. Unbeknown to me I was still being charged but it turns out for some reason I had two accounts created and listed under one email address. The customer service was not very helpful. I dont know how many emails I have sent backwards and forwards asking why Im being charged for a service I dont use. Its only taken them 3-months to tell me that my email address is listed under two accounts, which is why Im being charged and as I hadt cancelled second account during trial (which I dont even realise I had), I was automatically upgraded to 1-month subscription. I would not recommend this service to my friends. I wouldnt want anyone else to go through hassle I have and all for just cancelling an account.

madieg
6/21/17

This is a scam! Never sign up for this service. Whatever you think you need it for...trust me you don't. I signed up for the free trial and after doing so I realized they did not have the sheet music I was looking for, and then cancelled it (or so I thought). My subscription was not cancelled even after four attempts, and consequently I have been recieving invoices for the subscrption that I have never used, and to my knowledge cancelled. Also if you live in the United States and need to make phone calls to the hotline keep in mind that their business hours are different. In our time it is 3am-1pm on weekdays, and 3am-11am on Saturdays.

joshw64
6/9/17

I was searching an e-book online and found this website. I thought they had it. Then I installed their client and signed up an account. Unfortunately, I didn't find my content, I then cancelled the service (in free-trail period of course), But After a month, I received a mail, which said I owe Usenet.nl 165 euro, wtf...

jaimel19
5/28/17

I gave them 5 stars so my review is easier to find. Though the other reviews on this site suggest its nearly impossible, its very easy to cancel your usenet.nl free trial within the trial period without having to make any overseas phone calls. The user agreement states that you are entitled to cancellation within your 14 day trial period, and is effective immediately upon receipt of your request to cancel using their online cancellation form. If you are still under the free trial period, these are the instructions on how to cancel your trial: Log in to your usenet.nl account on their website using the login info they sent you in your free trial confirmation email. Click on the "My Account" tab near the top right of the page. It will direct you to the "My Subscription" page. There should be a redish-orange button near the bottom right of this page that has the word "Termination" on it. Click this button, select the appropriate reason for cancellation, and submit. Its as simple as that. If you did this you will be sent an email confirming that they received your request to cancel which, according to their user agreement, is sufficient for ending the trial period. The email also states that your subscription will not be extended after your current (free trial) term is expired. This is their legally binding promise to not charge you for services past the free trial period. They will only charge you if you fail to cancel before the end of the trial period through their official means of cancellation. The user agreement clearly states that deactivating your payment method does not constitute or represent cancellation of services, and you will still be bound to pay for services until you officially cancel with them directly.

victorc67
5/22/17
• Updated review

If you paid through Papal, notify them first and file a complaint for goods and services not as described. They will get your money back. If you try and call those A__Holes, the line rings forever and you are put on hold. If you get through, they are RUDE and will not help! I got my money back but since then I have received collection letters by email and regular post. They cannot demand money for a service that is garbage or that one never used (as in my case).

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THEM AT ANY COST!!!

“Scammer and Rip-Off artists!”
2/2/17
• Previous review

I signed up for the trial not knowing how it really worked (my fault) and when I researched it, I decided it was not for me. I never used it, nor did I install any of the software or log into the account. I completely forgot about it after that. I get a notice that they charged my account the 99.00. I was 1 day late from cancelling the trial, which there were no warnings at all sent by email or otherwise. I have been fighting with them to get a refund and they refuse. Why do they persist on keeping my money when I clearly have not used, nor do I need the service?!! This is NOT good business and is no different than STEALING my money!! I filed a dispute with Paypal and hopefully will get my money back. STAY AWAY from this POS Company unless you intend on using it of course. After this review (and all of the others here) and the fact that they want to keep my money and not even offer partial refund or anything else though, I would NOT recommend using them at all!

gada3
5/20/17

I downloaded one small piece of music from their website. I got charged 99 USD via paypal. the charge is per month. I have never in my life been charged such an amount for one month. paypal sent an email "billing agreement cancellation confirmation" . I hope this is the end of it.

saras184
5/19/17

Just type of business to grab your money monthly. there has no cancellation system but direct call. even if you call on working hour (CET) customer support auto return our office is close call back on working hour. There are charging you monthly be carefull. So contact to your bank to block this company to charge. or paypal process like : https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/44y8g3/help_canceling_usenetnl_free_trial/?st=j2w4bjwz&sh=48952746

hasanh9
5/19/17

I once have been visited the site, even I did not know I have subscribed. A few days later, I lost my 99 $

davet26
5/6/17

I'm not sure why there are so many negative comments on here. They have terrms and conditions you clearly sign up to but I love the service. Been using it for years with now problems at all.

Helpful answer

I've been getting them for nearly a year now. Nothing has happend beyond getting letters

By Kerrie-ann E. on 1/20/17

By ALISON R. on 4/14/17
Helpful answer

I haven't paid and I won't, if you ignore it as I am, then, if they want to peruse the matter they would have to get a court order to send in the bailiffs. I highly doubt they would attempt this, as shady companies, a, do t want to raise attention to their dubious practices and b) they wouldn't win anyway, as I've never even used this services what evidence could they present? It's worth noting that such threating letters could easily be deemed as harassment and you have every right to contact the police and press criminal charges!

By Steven P. on 7/27/16
Helpful answer

It took 3 months of phone calls to get the "14-day free trial" cancelled. By that time, I was receiving regular letters from German debt collection firm Tesch Inkasso, threatening legal action to recover the scam debt that arises upon accepting the "free trial". . It was a scam, because the advertised resources did not actually exist. Therefore nothing was ever downloaded. But the only way to find out that the resources don't exist is to accept the "free trial", which involves providing personal details. And that's how the scam works.

By Sian H. on 3/30/16
Helpful answer

Notifying PayPal is not a cancellation though. If you don't want to get charged, send them a message to cancel your account. Easy enough.

By Usenetnl U. on 5/12/17
Helpful answer

That is not true. You can also simply send an e-mail or a message by contact form.

By Usenetnl U. on 11/27/16
Helpful answer

Yes they do give up they sent me three letters in all . I rang (and emailed them ) telling them Paypal have told me to ignore them andI would contact the police if they didn`t stop harassing me. (which is true) Since then Ive heard nothing from them that was a couple of months ago ...... So HOPEFULLY the craziness has stopped!

By ALISON R. on 11/7/16
Helpful answer

Please contact usenet.nl directly and tell them your Customer ID, Username and/or the e-mail address you registered with. If you send them a message with their contact form or by e-mail, you'll get a response within the next 2-3 days. That's what I did when I didn't receive my login info - they're really helpful! You can also call them but it might take a while to get through.

By Usenetnl U. on 6/1/17
Helpful answer

Nothing ! ignore them ..they have no legal rights .What they are doing is harrassment .. They took money from me too but Paypal reversed it ! They continued to send me me letters each time upping the amount. I have just this minute spoken to a Paypal adviser ..who said .`Don`t worry theres nothing they can do . Paypal have jurisdiction over them . If Paypal decides they are fraudulant theres nothing they can do! If they continue to harass you got to the police and ask for a harassment form ...ignore them don`t pay ANYTHING TO THEM !

By ALISON R. on 3/14/17
Helpful answer

I didn't ever use this service, I just ignor their threats, it seems everyone all over the net is posting about these threats, no one has been taken to court and it seems the letters stop after 18 months, however that's just what I've read. As for me, I'm more than happy to meet them in court, yet, I highly doubt they will attempt legal action! their harresment for money and threats are not acceptable, and is dubiously illegal. If u want the letters to stop I'd tell them that they r to cease all communication with you and warn them that, if they choose to ignore this request and send you 1 more letter then under uk law this is harresment and you will press charges formaly (That's what the police told me to do)

By Steven P. on 6/11/16
Questions? Get answers from the Usenet.nl staff and other customers.

Usenet.nl?